[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 23 KB, 884x347, IMG_5529.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
45583854 No.45583854 [Reply] [Original]

I often see comments online from Westerners saying that you will never be accepted in Japan or you will never be Japanese and I genuinely don't understand it.

I'm a white guy from America and I have been living in Japan for 7.5 years now. Everyone has always been very accepting and I have never had any problems. If you speak Japanese it's easy to make friends. When I obtained Japanese citizenship I changed my name to a Japanese name and after that people I didn't know started assuming I was mixed race when they learned my name - and to be fair, there are mixed race people who don't look Japanese at all (just as there are some who look solely Japanese) so I can understand why they might think so based on my name.

Life has been great here. I actually feel even more accepted than I did in America. And yet when I go on English websites I often see people claiming that Japanese are extremely racist or xenophobic or that you will never be accepted or treated as Japanese. I genuinely don't understand where such comments come from.

>> No.45583888

>>45583854
It's just cargo-culted Japanese exceptionalism from the 90s. Obviously you know better, so why are you wasting calories thinking about it?

>> No.45583922

>>45583888
Idk. It's just something I thought about.

>> No.45583945

>>45583854
would you be allowed in to adult establishments like Leg show bars?

>> No.45584002

>>45583854
wtf is this chatgpt post

>when i obtained japanese citizenship i changed my name to a japanese name

what the fuck?? lmao
even with that you will still never be japanese. the phrase is completely correct. you are a white man from america. you dont have japanese genetics or upbringing. you may have been accepted into everyday society, which is what you think the phrase means, but you are not considered a japanese person by them because you simply aren't one.
also yes, japanese people are still racist and xenophobic just like people in every country, even if you personally don't see it.

>> No.45584013

>>45583945
It would be illegal to deny me entry but I wouldn't want to go anyway.

>> No.45584021

>>45584002
>everything I disagree with is ChatGPT
k
>but you are not considered a japanese person by them
I literally am though.

You've never even stepped foot in Japan

>> No.45584060

>>45584021
>never even stepped foot in japan
ive been living here for quite a while. let's focus on using the quote function correctly before we start assuming things about random people.

theres really no shame in not being a japanese person. it's something expats need to accept, though many of them don't. congrats on blending into glorious nippon shakai, but none of us will cross that final threshold into becoming a full blooded japanese person even if we master every archaic kanji and bow at the exact degree. you will always been seen as a gaijin to japanese strangers before you even open your mouth. and really, its not the end of the world.

>> No.45584328

>>45584060
clearly you're a dekinai who's never even attempted to assimilate. Even worse, you sound like you use r*ddit

>> No.45584513

>>45584328
ill play the little weirdass japanese social manner games as much as they want me to and surface level adapt to living in their society, but it's wasted effort trying to become something we will never be. nobody is going to give you an asspat for being the most le authentic japanese approved gaijin, and bragging and baiting about it on an imageboard about touhou armpits is not going to get that result either.

>you sound like you use r*ddit
and you sound like a discord zoomer. we can go back and forth about this as much as youd like anon kun, it's kind of romantic

>> No.45584527 [DELETED] 

post them delicious little 9yo girls tiny cute pussy omg i love tiny little girls so much i would lick them all hmm hmmmm so cute!!!

>> No.45584563

>>45584513
>surface level adapt
Thanks for proving my point, dumbass. That's exactly why you're not accepted and you don't fit in - it's all surface-level.
>wasted effort
>trying to become
It's not something that requires effort or that you attempt to do. It's just something you simply do. Go with the flow, as they say. You're problem is that you resist the flow and that's why you're not accepted.
>nobody is going to give you an asspat
Not that you would know, retard-sensei. But to fill you in: assimilating means you get accepted as part of the group and are treated like a normal person and not a circus monkey who can't communicate with anyone.
>bragging and baiting
I didn't brag about anything. I'm pretty sure you're baiting though.
>touhou armpits
And?
>zoomer
Too old to be a zoomer, to young to be a millennial

I'm almost willing to bet cash that you got married to a Pocahontas who divorced you because of your shitty eikaiwa salary and then took the kids and left.

>> No.45584571

>>45584527
Wrong country. You have to go to Cambodia for that.

>> No.45584669

>>45584563
youre really assuming a lot about me anon, maybe you should stop reading so many r/japanlife posts and lay off the excessive quoting. of course youre meant to do as the romans do in another country, its common sense and what all expats should be doing. i never said i dont fit in or dont go with the flow, just that theres no point in going above and beyond when youre not a japanese person and wont ever become one. that was the only point i was trying to make. op is insinuating that his picrelated cant possibly be true because he changed his name to nihongo and japanese people are nice to him and so hes now genetically japanese and has mastered everything that japanese people do.

im sorry youre self conscious about being an n5 strugglebro, and the yellowfever projection is also unnecessary because none of that applies to me, but i wish you the best in your wmaf google translate relationship. you sound like youre getting very angry at a stereotypical japanlife english teaching redditbro, but thats not who youre talking to.

>> No.45584682

>>45584669
>youre really assuming a lot about me anon
As you did about me. You got mad that I have a normal life and you declared that it cannot possibly be so because "Japanese are RACIST"
>expats
You keep using that word and clearly don't know what it means. I'm not an expat, and I doubt you are either.
>i never said i don't fit in
Believe it or not, you actually did
>n5
I'm fluent

>> No.45584722

>>45584682
if youre not op then no shit i wasnt talking about you. op and i are expats because we reside outside our native countries, its not rocket science. i know youre "too young to be a millennial", so you still need a little more time for your brain to cook some critical thinking skills. ditto for the rest of the mental gymnastics youre coming up with in your quotes. i get that you just want to be angry but is looking this stupid entertaining to you also?

>> No.45584754

>>45584722
I'm an immigrant, not an expat.

>> No.45584784

>>45584754
an expat means you live outside your native country, especially if youre a white person. an immigrant means you live permanently in a foreign country. you are both, they arent necessarily mutually exclusive.

>> No.45584794

>>45584754
Where did you immigrate from? A deserted island where you were born to parents who also were born on said island who held no citizenship to anywhere else?

>> No.45584799

>>45584784
Neat. That still doesn't change the fact that I'm Japanese. And before you say something stupid to try and challenge that, our most popular prime minister ever dedicated an entire chapter to this subject in one of his books. Find a PDF for 美しい国へ and read chapter 3, that pretty much sums up the opinion that most of us hold.

>> No.45584956

>>45584799
yeah, uh, shinzo abe aside, you are not japanese. you are an american born white man with japanese citizenship and a japanese name that you gave to yourself. you speak japanese and communicate with japanese people, but you were not raised in japan or with japanese culture, and you have no japanese heritage. its fantastic that you feel accepted and comfortable in japan, but you are not a japanese person, you are an immigrant as you said yourself. you can live there for another 50 years and you will be less japanese than the nisei in california who cant write kanji and hasnt set foot in japan. there is nothing wrong with that. it's like im speaking to a dude who thinks hes a woman because he wears a dress and calls himself alice.

>> No.45585055

>>45584956
>if we ignore the opinion held by the majority of the population, you're not Japanese
When did we start catering to the minority? The idea that Japanese is something defined by blood is held by the left wing minority

>> No.45585150

>>45585055
the opinion of 99 percent of japanese people who gaze upon your white visage is that they will call you a gaijin. only the most menhera of japanese girls will look your way. they will call a half black half japanese person raised in japan not japanese enough. they will bully the shit out of full asian half korean half japanese kids for being not japanese enough. they will swear up and down that they are a special exceptional island race and will refuse to admit the traces of chinese and korean mixed into their ancestors and culture. japanese people sure as hell seem to know what japanese is.

>> No.45585168

>>45585150
Lmao you need to take your meds. People don't throw out the word gaijin when addressing a random person, that would be rude. And even if they did (they don't, but I'll entertain your delusions), the moment I open my mouth they sing another tune.

If everyone is calling you gaijin everywhere you go there's a reason for that. Take the hint.

>> No.45585186

>>45585168
yeah no shit they arent going to say it to your face, but it's clear that they think it. are you really that dense that taking every example as a literal event that has happened to me? the reason they think youre a gaijin is because you are one, no matter what you do or how nice you act. its just the facts of it. the more you try to cry about how japanese people worship your dick the more i have a feeling you have your autism blinders on.

>> No.45585231

>>45584328
>assimilate
Those who betray their actual heritage or worse, something much more important than any ethnicity — their own personal bloodline, deserve either pity, indifference or contempt.
Imagine existing in the age of information and choosing to become a fucking migrant instead of standing alone on one's own feet, laughable consumers, didn't protect one's own, didn't create one's own, fucking laughable!

Ainu were the proper OG ones, anyway.

>> No.45585267

>>45585186
>they think it
You read minds now?
>youre a gaijin
Do you own a dictionary? I'm not a gaijin
>cry
The only one crying is you. You're crying because someone has a normal life here and you don't.
>>45585231
Assimilating isn't betraying your bloodline or your heritage. Sure you change ethnicity but who cares? Ethnic groups are social groups, obviously you can't stay in one if you leave the group.
>didn't protect one's own
Protect what? I came to Japan because I liked Japanese stuff, I couldn't care less about what happens where I'm from it doesn't affect me. I protect what I have here.
>didn't create one's own
I created my entire life here. Family, job, social circles. Everything. Most of what you have where you come from is inherited or is by happenstance.

>> No.45585321

>>45585267
you are a gaijin. you are an american expat, an immigrant to a country that is not yours, you are white, you are not asian, you had to change your name to trick people into thinking youre hafu, you are not japanese. you will always be a foreigner at first glance. you will never be a japanese person. i dont know how else to get that across to you.
>you change ethnicity
>ethnic groups are social groups
consume medication immediately.

>someone has a normal life here and (you) don't
my life in japan is perfectly normal because anyone with common sense can adapt to a regular life there. it is a regular country like the rest of them. we both live normally and yet we're all in this schizothread hashing it out.
it sounds more like you wanted to come in and brag about how youre super special to the japanese utopia and its citizens dogeza at your feet and suck your dick when you speak nihongo to them, and that youre superior to anyone else living there because everyone else is a divorcefail english teacher who isnt True and Honest Assimilated Japanese like you are. you just "dont get" how people could have thoughts or experiences other than yours like youre some sort of higher being, and if they do, the only way you can understand it is by making things up with reddit posts youve seen.

>i came to japan because i like japanese stuff
you are just like the rest of us davido, sit down. liking anime doesnt make you japanese.

>> No.45585348

>>45585231
Isn't that what he's doing though? Standing alone on his own two feet to live the life that he chose, taking full advantage of the age of information to make it as easy as possible.

>>45585267
>Sure you change ethnicity but who cares?
You're thinking of nationality.

>> No.45585371
File: 61 KB, 636x445, IMG_5531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>45585321

>> No.45585375

>>45585348
In that specific comment I'm referring to ethnicity. Read up on acculturation.

>> No.45585379

>>45585371
>sanic
autism was the culprit after all. hope your japanese trophy wife doesnt catch it and pass it along to your kid.

>> No.45585445

>>45585379
I find it particularly humorous that you're unable to think critically on this topic and even ignore views held by the mainstream on the basis of "your skin is white."

Japanese isn't a race, it's an ethnicity and a nationality. Asian is a race and most Japanese people are Asian, but being asian doesn't make you Japanese (see: the rest of Asia). It also means you know nothing about Japan because there's an entire island that was settled by early American explorers and was later claimed by Japan, and every person on that island is Japanese. There's also white people up in northern Hokkaido who are Japanese. This is because race is completely irrelevant. And that's without even getting into the topic of mixed-race Japanese people.

So if we push race aside, your only other problem is that I was born in the US. But if I'm not Japanese because I was born in the US, that also means that Utada Hikaru (and any other Japanese person born in the US) is not Japanese either.

Surely you're not suggesting that Utada Hikaru isn't Japanese, are you? And birth aside, our current prime minister lived in and attended school in the US during his childhood. Is he not Japanese either?

You really are a stupid fuck. I thought it was funny at first but now it's clear that you're just jealous that someone else has a good life.

>> No.45585463

Holy fuck OP is always a faggot but this fucking imbecile is a top tier bitch ass pay to suck off fat men on the subway level cocksucking fucking fucktarded faggot.

>> No.45585484

>>45583854
I always viewed it more that they'd never treat you exactly the same. Not badly but not exactly the same. I've only visited Japan but I stand out a ton, but I'm pretty tall and my Japanese is far from perfect.

I have a mixed race friend who moved there and he'd complain about racism and shit but that was a really long time ago he first started living there. I don't remember anything even remotely recent, but he's lived there for so long at this point. I'm sure he would have gotten used to it by now anyway.

Anyway, I am assuming society's changed, and if it hasn't and you're just and isolated example, I'm happy for you. Sounds like you're living your best life and that's great.

>> No.45585497

>>45585484
I'm definitely not an isolated example and society definitely hasn't changed. I know other people who have naturalized and assimilated (it's rare, but I found them through an online blog that I used to help me through the proc) who have been here way longer than me and they all have similar experiences.

The only people who cry about racism are those who aren't fluent in Japanese.

>> No.45585505

Also we get a free solid gold unicorn her in Japan every month as well. So that is pretty cool.

>> No.45585541

>>45585497
I'm talking 20+ years ago, I think there's a lot more people in Japan that aren't ethnically Japanese than there used to be.

Regardless though the shit he was complaining about was people giving him looks when he was dating Japanese women so I don't think the language would factor in there. Having said that he'd bitch about racism when he'd live in the US too so it'd totally possible it was in his head and he was being overly sensitive.

But anyway he hasn't complained about anything in ages and he's pretty close to fluent now if not completely fluent anyway so maybe you're right.

>> No.45585558

>>45585445
>y-youre jealous
the more you out yourself as an insecure delusional weirdo the more im not jealous of whatever fantasyland shit you do. it sounds more like youre coping your own life trying to make it sound good to other people. did you not comprehend me saying good for you that youre comfortable? this is why i keep saying that youre bragging. youre insecure and you want people to be jealous.

>utada hikaru
born to japanese parents. is japanese
>prime minister lived in us during childhood
born to and raised by japanese parents. is japanese
>japanese isnt a race, asian is a race
yeah no shit. i never said it isnt, but also the understood basis of being full japanese is that you are asian. no shit that its an ethnicity and a nationality. i understand that japan considers you a national, but you are not japanese by birth and you do not have japanese parents, you were not raised japanese, you are a citizen by naturalization and you would not be culturally considered japanese person to a majority of people. race is still taken into account when socially evaluating someone. hafu are called hafu because even if they have citizenship, japanese people are so particular about the race makeup that many consider these people only half japanese. theres no way you can throw race away and call it irrelevant. you, who has no japanese upbringing or heritage, have no say in it. hafu and mixed race whataboutism doesnt apply to you either, because you are born and raised white american.

>white people in Hokkaido who are japanese
>island settled by early american explorers claimed by japan
because japan doesnt recognize ethnic groups who themselves designate as not japanese and are forced to assimilate. they by their own historical definition are not japanese, and i respect that over what the japanese government wants them to be.

>unable to think critically
thinking critically is saying that japanese people have very specific and nuanced considerations for what qualifies as japanese. a white person with no japanese ethnic or cultural background can get nationality but it doesnt make you a japanese person. im not saying "hurrdurr skin white only reason" and i havent been this whole time. if turkish parents moved to sweden and raised a child with a swedish name to only speak swedish, that child would not holistically be considered swedish by other people for social, cultural, ethnic, and racial reasons. if german people moved to vietnam and did the same thing, that child would not be vietnamese, even if they had citizenship. the only reasons americans arent judged this harshly is because their backgrounds are widely varied, but you have none of the ethnic qualities or cultural qualities, none of even the varied asian racial diaspora within japanese people, which would lead you to being considered japanese. youre clinging onto your nationality as if your european descended all american upbringing is suddenly negated by that.

>> No.45585576

>>45585497
so youre saying that japanese people arent racist towards chinese? towards koreans? southeast asians? indians? youre saying japanese people do none of that? you claim to be fluent, clearly youve heard and read enough forum posts and news articles, mr 100 percent assimilated japanese?

>> No.45585640

>>45585558
we get this in Canada a lot because of how easy it is to get citizenship here, I've met people from China that speak English with a very strong accent aggressively promoting themselves as "Canadian" and believing themselves strongly to be Canadian culturally equal to someone that was born here from parents that were born here. It is kind of a weird feeling hearing them, and also makes me wonder what it is going to be like here in 30 years.

>> No.45585660

>>45585640
Why do you hate Chinamen so much?

>> No.45585661

>>45585640
yeah exactly! its almost bordering on...disrespectful
the only time id accept it is someone getting american citizenship and calling themselves american, since everyone there is descended from an immigrant anyway (except natives)

>> No.45585690

>>45585661
I feel like anyone can be American but I think putting some effort into assimilation is needed to have me consider them American. I'd say being able to speak English, even with a heavy accent and a general respect for the positive aspects of the country is enough though.

One of the best things about the US is that anyone can become American of they chose to though.

>> No.45585702

>>45585660
I don't at all, I just don't like how the culture and tradition of the last 100 years in this country is being so disrespected and tossed aside

>> No.45585751

>>45585702
Canada has no culture. You have the leader of another country on your money and a fucking leaf on your flag.

>> No.45585780

>>45585497
That's not xenophobia, though. That's just being correct.
Most of those people are either lesser on average or have had their culture permanently maimed and are lesser because of it. It's reasonable and rational to act that way.

>> No.45585782
File: 402 KB, 1092x366, homovan.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.45585787

>>45585780
Wrong quote, meant >>45585576

>> No.45585797

>>45585751
we did have a culture, it has been destroyed though by extreme immigration specifically meant to change our demographics

>> No.45585805

>>45585797
You get what you vote for.

>> No.45585811

>>45585797
Japan has to defend against this same thing in the coming decades

>> No.45585830

>>45585811
i hope japan gets completely replaced by brown immigrants and weebshit americans pack their bags and go home

>> No.45585867

>>45585830
hahahhaa weebs btfo

>> No.45585940

>>45585797
Too many fucking Brits immigrated and made you put the Queen Mum on your money. Soon you'll have Charles, Canada is fucking done.

>> No.45585947

>>45585867
>>45585830
4mex strikes again

>> No.45586436

>>45585558
>you are not japanese by birth
Nobody isn't. This isn't America, that's not how citizenship works. It's also not how culture works.
>you do not have japanese parents
And?
>you were not raised japanese
What is assimilation?
>you are a citizen by naturalization
And?
>you would not be culturally considered japanese person
I literally am because I assimilated.
>hafu are called hafu because
They're called hafu because half of their genes comes from someone of a different ancestry and it's a loan word from English. It doesn't mean they're 50% Japanese, dumbass. They're still fully Japanese.
>theres no way you can throw race away and call it irrelevant
This statement alone is evidence of the fact that either you don't live in Japan or you can't speak Japanese because nobody here cares about race they care about ethnicity.
>you are born and raised white american
How is that relevant?

Here's a challenge for you. Try to define what makes someone Japanese.

>a white person with no japanese ethnic or cultural background can get nationality but it doesnt make you a japanese person
You act like I just stepped off the plane and signed up for citizenship. That's not how it works, retard. You can only get it by passing a test showing you've assimilated to a certain degree. You even have to write a multiple page essay about it.
>Sweden
You just showed that iu don't know anything about ethnicity or cultural.

You truly are retarded

>> No.45586451

>>45585640
>>45585661
>>45585690
If someone assimilates then they are a part of what ever group they assimilated into.

>> No.45586473

>>45585576
>japanese people arent racist towards chinese? towards koreans? southeast asians? indians? youre saying japanese people do none of that?
That's not racism. They're all Asian, they're the same race and they're not discriminating against them on the basis of race.

You're a retard.

>> No.45587007

>>45583854
you keep asking others why you will never be japanese. you never ask yourself why the fuck you want to be japanese instead. braindead.

>> No.45587203

>>45587007
I didn't ask anyone anything.

I came here as a student because Japan looked nice based on my exposure to weeb shit. I wanted to become Japanese because I really enjoyed living here as a student and it was much better than where I'm from, so I became Japanese.

>> No.45587756 [DELETED] 

Good larp thread

>> No.45588446

>>45586436
>lalala im not listening waaah youre retarded
the retard is you. i dont know how many more times i can explain what I've said. Genetic makeup has more weight than a larper coming in and loving
anime so much he desperately wants to pretend hes a superior Nihonjin. your legal citizenship status as listed by a country does not change your genetic makeup or the way that people see or treat you, it doesnt invalidate the rest of the things people consider when they sum up your identity. all you seem to care about is that japan calls your citizenship japanese on a piece of paper and your aspergers-damaged brain cant comprehend nuanced social situations or cultural norms so its what you default to. you act like a smug autistic ass and you do not come off as japanese even over text.

>y-you know nothing about Japan waaah clearly you dont live here
deflection when you have nothing good to say. i can waste time refuting with my personal experiences but you will ignore them and nobody cares. you are not superior or special for living in Japan or knowing things about it. you are a delusional motherfucker and either this is a massive troll thread or you are severely mentally brain damaged.

>i liked weeb shit and wanted to be japanese
and there it is. you will never be a woman because you put on a dress and change your drivers license to F, you will never be you will never be a baby because you wear adult diapers and suck a pacifier, you will never be japanese because your white 23andme european heritage ass likes anime.

>> No.45588633

>>45588446
>genetic makeup
Again, this is an opinion held by the left wing minority. You know nothing about Japan.
>all you seem to care about is that japan calls your citizenship japanese on a piece of paper
I literally talked about assimilation from my very first post and you're the one who went on an autistic rant about citizenship and genetics.
>you do not come off as japanese even over text
Japanese isn't a personality, dumbass.
>you are not superior or special for living in Japan or knowing things about it
Your jealousy boner is showing again
>you will never be a woman because you put on a dress and change your drivers license to F
Gender is a matter of genetics. You can't change your genetics. Being Japanese or not has nothing to do with genetics and everything to do with culture, language, and citizenship.

>> No.45588786

>>45588633
dude, liking loli porn does not make you culturally japanese. you sperg about assimilation but you havent said anything about what makes you a totally legit japanese person other than you claim to speak japanese and because your paper uses "assimilation" as part of its legal speak. you can join the group and be treated like a thing but it does not change you completely to that thing. the reason i mention citizenship and genetics is because a japanese person born abroad can renounce their japanese citizenship and never live in the country of japan and they will still be a japanese person. you were born and raised in another country to vanilla white parents and adapted enough to living in japanese society as an adult that you were legally allowed to live there. it is not the same.

>japanese has nothing to do with genetics, only culture language and citizenship
see above, a nisei who renounces citizenship at adulthood is still a japanese person. a japanese person who isnt fluent in japanese for whatever reason is still japanese, just as a japanese language college major doesnt become 20 percent japanese by passing n4. liking japan because you jack it to anime girls or wearing a kimono 7 days a week is not making you japanese. it absolutely has to do with genetics in a large capacity.

a japanese person finding out a white dude threw away his country to call himself taro suzuki and a true nihonjin because he likes otaku shit sooo much is going to get creeped out, not welcome you with open arms, nor would a person in any other country see you as a japanese person because of that either. it's fucking unhinged and laughable which is why every other person in this thread besides you is laughing at you. go ahead and tell us exactly what makes you so japanese besides your document.

>> No.45588843

I hope some day i will be Japanese..

>> No.45588898

also my original point is that never becoming a true japanese person (because you can't) is completely ok. nobody will think lesser of you for not being born and raised as something you have no control over. people will think lesser of you if you stick your head in the sand and ignore reality like op and delusionally fetishize another country. op wants to be japanese so bad solely because he wants to be able to brag to others and maybe score some menhera pussy. he's putting japan and japanese people up on a pedestal when its just another weirdass country filled with socially autistic people who have to grab each other's ass on the train and peek through holes in the roof to interact with the opposite sex.

>> No.45588944

>>45588786
>you havent said anything about what makes you a totally legit japanese person
1) culture
2) language
3) citizenship
4) worldview (ties in with culture)
>and because your paper uses "assimilation" as part of its legal speak
No it doesn't. The magic paper you're talking about is a 戸籍 and the only thing listed on there is basic information such as my name, who my spouse is, who my children are, when I was born, etc. Every Japanese person has a 戸籍 it's literally the thing that makes you Japanese from a legal standpoint.
>you can join the group and be treated like a thing but it does not change you completely to that thing
It seems you don't understand what ethnicity. Ethnic groups are social groups. If you join the group and are treated as part of the group than you are part of the group. That is literally acculturation in a nutshell.
>a japanese person born abroad can renounce their japanese citizenship and never live in the country of japan and they will still be a japanese person
They're not Japanese from a cultural standpoint, and they're not Japanese from a legal standpoint. Even far right trolls in sites like all-nationz would tell you that such a person is not Japanese.
>you were born and raised in another country to vanilla white parents and adapted enough to living in japanese society as an adult that you were legally allowed to live there
The fact that you don't understand how immigration works is evidence to the fact that you lied about living here.
I moved here. Then I learned the language. Then I assimilated. Then I acquired citizenship.
>a nisei who renounces citizenship at adulthood is still a japanese person
The only people who would say such a thing are nisei who renounced their citizenship. Here in Japan it's widely accepted that they are not Japanese, we even have a word for such a people who are not Japanese but have Japanese ancestry: 日系人
>anime
I never claimed that liking anime made me Japanese. I cited it as a reason I became interested in the country and moved here. You're making strawmans by arguing against your own delusions
>it absolutely has to do with genetics in a large capacity
Again: that is a viewpoint which is held by a minority of Japanese. Most of us don't believe it has anything to do with blood, hence we have terms like 日系人
>a japanese person finding out a white dude threw away his country to call himself taro suzuki and a true nihonjin because he likes otaku shit sooo much is going to get creeped out, not welcome you with open arms
Anon I literally live in Japan and interact with Japanese people all day every day I think I would know what their reaction would be. You have literally no experience in this department and are arguing your delusions again.
>nor would a person in any other country see you as a japanese person
How is the viewpoint of gaijin relevant?
>it's fucking unhinged and laughable
The fact that you view assimilation as being laughable says far more about you than it does about me
>tell us exactly what makes you so japanese besides your document
Language, culture, citizenship, worldview

>> No.45588955

>>45588898
>he wants to be able to brag to others
Brag to who? There's literally nothing to gain in doing so.
>maybe score some menhera pussy
I'm married

>> No.45589208

>>45588944
>you dont know what ethnicity is
i understand that you speak the language and claim to share some japanese culture (still no specifics from you on that one), you do not have shared ancestry and you were not raised in this group. if you were a white person raised in japan id concede, but you dont even have that. your formative years were spent being raised truly american and you cannot beat that out of your body, and you cannot change the way japanese people consciously and subconsciously treat you when they see that you physically arent japanese. that alone makes you an "other" compared to japanese people which you will never shake off.

>you dont know how immigration works therefore you dont live here
motherfucker, because i simply don't care to acquire citizenship. i just live here. an immigrant, citizenship or not, is still a person originating from another culture and country. like you. i can move to the netherlands tomorrow and learn fluent dutch and then grind for citizenship and i still wouldnt dare call myself dutch on any level, and dutch people would laugh in my face and say im not if i tried to tell them. you can adapt as much culture as you want, but you did so as an adult and were not raised there. you have overwhelming connections to your home country. you are not a japanese person.

>nikkei
are still japanese people on first generation at the very least. they are japanese people born and raised in other countries, and people in those countries recognize their japanese heritage.

>we, us
>how is the viewpoint of a gaijin relevant
we are two gaijin speaking to one another, let's not delude ourselves here.
it becomes relevant because nikkei and nisei living abroad are still separated out as japanese in their gaijin countries in various racial, ethnic, and cultural ways.

>you have no experience in how japanese people react, only i do!!!
is it really this hard to comprehend for you that foreigners live here too, with japanese jobs, friends, livingmates, and lifestyles? good for you that you fulfilled your yellowfever dreams, dont forget to ask for advice when she demands a divorce.

>> No.45589255

>>45588944
>just trust me, i assimilated to japanese
>muh culture muh worldview
this is the part we are all hung up over. you dont tell us why or how you are le totally japanese ethnically and culturally besides "i say so". the only thing you cite is language.

>> No.45589498

>>45589208
>>nikkei
>are still japanese people on first generation at the very least. they are japanese people born and raised in other countries, and people in those countries recognize their japanese heritage.
consult a dictionary

>> No.45591357

>>45583854
>When I obtained Japanese citizenship I changed my name to a Japanese name and after that people I didn't know started assuming I was mixed race when they learned my name
Assuming this is true, you essentially tricked Japanese people into believing you were one of them. Now, I'm not one of those people that decides to believe most Japanese people are Xenophobic racists, though the thought does eat me up due to my lack of first-hand knowledge of Japanese society, and my only exposure to it being on the Internet.
So let's say hypothetically, I move to Japan and settle myself into my new place. Now, I'm a mixed raced man (white/black), so that already puts me in a position where I worry how people there would view me. I am aware that I can't be certain that people would discriminate against me for that alone, but...
What do you think OP, do you believe I would be accepted in Japan?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action