[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 612 KB, 800x800, 1264240981535.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4539691 No.4539691 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /jp/. Medfag here.

Thinking about going to do my elective internship over in glorious nippon in the near future.

What do you guys know about its medical/health care system? Got any tips or suggestions?

>> No.4539697

Yeah come here they'll love you man they love foreigners and they'll love that you can speak english too so they definitely will not ostracize you for being a foreigner i promise man

>> No.4539699

>>4539697
>>>/a/

>> No.4539700

>>4539691
1. go to med school
2. study abroad in japan
3. ????
4. profit

>> No.4539705

They go to a doctor no matter how slight and insignificant their cold is.

Or that's what I heard.

>> No.4539706

follow your dreams.

>> No.4539716

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're completely fluent in moon.
From what I understand, communication is very important in your line of work. A language barrier could be harmful not only to the patients, but to your education.
I suggest you do your internship in your home country or a place similar. Canada is very nice for the medical profession...

Besides, there's nothing that puts Japan as anything special medically speaking. In fact, I think most of their high class doctors are the ones that trained in the West.

Hope I could help, but this isn't really the board for this. We're otaku culture now.
Honestly, I don't know if this belongs anywhere but the catch-all boards of /r9k/ and /b/, so polite sage.

>> No.4539732

>>4539691

/jp/ = otaku culture.

That said, their health care system is considered to be average, by first-world standards. It has been the subject of much criticism inside Japan.

You can read the horror stories here:
http://factsanddetails.com/japan.php?itemid=838&catid=23&subcatid=151

Mind you, it still is probably better than the ones of most southern European countries and North America.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action