[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 391 KB, 800x450, 8ba887c783f8e0f7bcbcf9b1359f9ef4ee032587.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
44669490 No.44669490 [Reply] [Original]

When I was getting into Touhou recently all I saw was bad talk about how this installment was, but playing it for the first time it's honestly more enjoyable than MoF and potentially SA
What don't people like about it? The UFO system is fun but kinda broken for stocking up extra lives, I guess it is only a hindrance in scoring runs?

>> No.44670219

I hear alot of talk about curvy lasers and the general difficulty (bullet denseness?! randomness!? you never know). There are alot of stupid parts and most people I know arent fond of the UFO system.

>> No.44670582

While different ressource systems have their pros and cons, like I enjoy MS' despite the fact it puts the fastest character at an advantage while Yuuka suffers with an already middling spread shot. There's kind of a bit of that in UFO with its stages. Being able to prevent as much bullets being tossed your way as necessary is a huge pro that goes beyond its usual value when getting your ressource is such an active endeavor. You could argue that's already the case with the likes of the points system in PCB or IN, but in these its a much easier endeavor to solve and a matter of, at most, 2 lives, MAYBE 3. With UFO, it's a lot more than that. With 2 bombs per life and -1P on death and Marisa at the fattest she's ever been,it feels like everything's going against her. If I was commited to playing her i'd feel butthurt. Game's hard enough as is. Some people really don't like some spells too. Heard a lot of complaining about Extra Kogasa's laser roulette.
It kind of reminds me, although this is a different issue, of how much of DDC feels built or at least significantly easier with a homing shot, in a game where homing shots were already possibly set to be the strongest ones even if the game hadn't been the way it was. Getting a 1cc in that game with SakuyaA and one with SakuyaB feels harder than if you were trying to go one difficulty up in half the games in the series.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action