[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 294 KB, 450x599, 1250633860584.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4459207 No.4459207 [Reply] [Original]

Is being a NEET fun? You get to sit around all day doing nothing without a care in the world; it sounds great. But then again, the grass is always greener on the other side.

>> No.4459226

It's all fun and games. Untill the roneryness kicks in.

>> No.4459227

It depends on you.
It might be vert annoying if you sat around doing nothing, hardly going out etc. for years and then had to get a job to afford continuing living.
But if you can assure you could be a NEET for the rest of your life, it'd probably be great. Otherwise you'd always end up worrying about what will happen.
And, it depends on you. Some people might be suited for such a lifestyle but it might drive some insane.

>> No.4459228

No, i need money for food, that isn't funny

>> No.4459230

Pros: You're sitting around all day and doing nothing!
Cons: You're sitting around all day and doing nothing.

It is not for those that have the desire to go somewhere in life, as you'll constantly feel you should be doing something.

If you don't have that problem, shit is awesome

>> No.4459234

If you live in a country with proper social welfare, you can be NEET and still go outside, drink with friends etc

>> No.4459237

A NEET is fun, but sadly not a sustainable lifestyle. The knowledge that it's unsustainable puts a damper on the experience.

>> No.4459245

>>4459207
>Is being a NEET fun?
Yes, but it can't last forever.
So live the NEET life for as long as you can, my NEET brother.

>> No.4459248

It's depressing and lonely. You feel stagnant and stuck in a worse routine than you thought you would by having a job or higher education or something. It's hard to break out of. Certainly, "doing nothing" is alright, on the surface, but there are more cons than pros.

Of course, you're inviting yourself to be answered by TRUE NEETS SUPERIOR XD trolls with this thread.

>> No.4459258

>>4459237
Well, it CAN be a sustainable lifestyle but for most it isnt.
But yeah, there are loads of things that might make you hate yourself and your life if you were a NEET for a bit longer time. The possible lack of money is one, the possible stress coming from causing problems/worries to your parents, the possible loneliness, etc.

>> No.4459274

It's a good life if you're well funded and have real hobbies that don't consist of passively consuming entertainment. There are boring days where you don't feel like doing anything but I'm sure even working slobs get their share of those.

>> No.4459287

>>4459248
People are different. Might be depressing and lonely for you, but it isn't for me. I quite enjoy my lifestyle personally.

>> No.4459288

>the grass is always greener on the other side

There is no grass indoors.

>> No.4459294

in the sight of a "normal" human, being a NEET will always look retarded.

>> No.4459295

It's pretty fun for the most part. The only reason I'm a NEET is because the economy is so fucking bad so I didn't chose to end up this way. I wanna job just like everyone else you know. It's kind of cool though. You don't have to buy your own food. You can have ramen for lunch every day. And you can got to /jp/ and ask about the latest Umineko theories. It's not a bad life, but there are things that are better.

>> No.4459303

>>4459248
>but there are more cons than pros.
Not really, the only con is the fact that you, most likely, don't have a steady income.

>> No.4459304

If you ''do it right'' from the start and dont just become a NEET because of depression and other shit like that it might be fun. This meaning you should get some hobbies and good habits right from the start instead of browsing 4chan, watching anime and enjoying VN:s 24/7. Sure it might be fun but sacrificing a few hours/day for something more productive is not a big deal when you have all the time in the world..

>> No.4459324

>>4459304

Agreed. I think being productive in some fashion is an important part to being happy. It doesn't need to be important to society, just to you. Any creative hobby fits the bill here.

>> No.4459327

Who said being a NEET means you do nothing all day?
On the contrary, it means you have more time to do the things you like to do.

>> No.4459333

>>4459327
this.

The important thing is to not care about having any money, and being able to live on the cheap.

>> No.4459334

I don't know about the others but I've explained my reasons before and it's not fun or something I want in my case at all.

>> No.4459336

>>4459327

but suppose the things I want to do require other humans

>> No.4459340

>>4459334

Didn't you just come back from school?

>> No.4459344

I'm a hikkikomori. But thankfully I work in a lab, so I can just be a shut in there and nobody will bother me or know the difference.

>> No.4459348

>>4459336
"NEET" does not include ''no friends''

>> No.4459351

>>4459340
I just woke up, actually. If you havn't noticed, I live in California and am actively posting on /jp/ from around 1pm to 4-5am. If I had school I would be getting about 1 hour of sleep a night the past year or so and be hospitalized by now.

At least make shitty comments that make sense next time.

>> No.4459355

>>4459351
Fuck off, you're a shitposter. I hate you.

>> No.4459357

>>4459207
Don't think that being a NEET is always fun, you really have to entertain yourself or you'll fall into depressions. Also, your entire day and night cycle gets fucked up.

To be honest, I'm quite happy that I've changed from being a NEET to being a FREET instead.

>> No.4459358

The best part about being a neet is never having to adhere to a fixed schedule. No going to sleep regularly, no rationing your time, no having to interrupt and postpone things you really want to do because your shitty 9 to 5 job demands its toll on your life. Want to spend the next 50 hours marathoning a VN, only taking breaks whenever you're too tired to keep your eyes open? Go ahead! Nolife the flavor of the month /jp/ mmo, or just take it easy on /jp/ knowing no matter how much time you wasted, there's still plenty where that came from.

Work, college, or other normalfriend activities might give you some sense of direction and acheivement, but losing your ability to take it super easy is a big price to pay in return.

>> No.4459359

>>4459344
>I'm a hikkikomori
>I work

I love the /a/ fags we have here now. Are you also a kawaii neko?

>> No.4459362
File: 19 KB, 449x336, umadd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4459355

>> No.4459373

It's not fun at all. Imagine doing something all day not because you want to, or even because you have to, but simply because there is nothing else to do. It's a worthless, miserable existence.

>> No.4459385

>>4459359
To be fair the term ''hikikomori'' does not imply that one has no job, just that the hikki does not have social connections. Not sure if you can work in a lab without any tho, but I guess minimal forced interaction does not count..
I dont know about hikkikomoris, hehe

>> No.4459395

>>4459373
It's much better than doing something because you're forced to (work).

>> No.4459401

>>4459385
Working anywhere involves social interaction no matter what the job is. Sure, maybe not a lot but no matter what you WILL have social interaction which is too much for anyone who isnt just 'kind of socially awkward'.

A hikkikomori isn't someone who is slightly bothered by socializing, it's a very hardcore social anxiety disorder, not a small one that you can just overlook and do whatever if you 'need' to.

>> No.4459404

Being a NEET doesn't mean you have to sit around doing nothing, only that you have the choice to. You can do whatever you want provided you have the funds, which is really what it comes down to.

Most NEETs suck because they're already pathetic people. Anyone and everyone would love being to have unlimited free time. There's three types of NEETs: People who are NEETs due to fear of the world/social ineptitude; people who are NEETs because they're lazy; and people who are NEETs because they have to be. I think most of the NEETs here (and as well as many others associated with these interests) fit in to the first category and there in lies the problem--not necessarily the NEETdom itself.

Though I will say having some type of obligations (job, school, whatever), enhances the enjoyment of interests in my experience. After coming home after a long day and experiencing the horribleness of the real world, watching my moe moe anime is that much better.

>> No.4459408

>>4459395
No. At least you're compensated for work.

>> No.4459418

Hikikomori -> 引き篭る

That's all it means. You don't need social anxiety disorder to be one.

>> No.4459423

>>4459207
You start losing weight and eating less, you stop getting hungry. Just going outside for a few minutes is a huge ordeal and you groom yourself like you're getting ready for a big date. You keep your curtains closed at all times of the day to keep the sunlight out. Just a casual walk outside makes you tired. You don't pay attention to what day it is or what the weather is going to be like. You wake up at night and go to sleep during the day. You go outside wearing summer clothes because you don't realize it's already fall. The sound of your own voice shocks you because you haven't spoken in ages. You feel like people stare at you. The doorbell or phone ringing sends you into an anxiety attack. You dream of old friends you used to have and you wonder why because you decided you didn't need friends anymore. If you find nothing to eat in the kitchen, you just don't eat. Days pass like they're nothing. You lose interest in buying stuff you actually want. You do the whole routine of getting ready to go outside but then panic and decide you don't want to go outside anymore. You only go to the bathroom when everybody else is asleep. You only leave your room when nobody is at home. You feel sorry for your parents.

>> No.4459437

>>4459423
Funny, I've been a NEET for four years and almost none of that happened to me.

Why do people just assume their personal experience applies to everyone else?

>> No.4459438

>>4459401
hmm actually no, ''hikikomori'' does not mean a disorder of any sort. ''hikikomori'' just shuts himself out from all interaction with other humans.
Not to say it actually matters or anything tho, the guy you first quoted obviously isnt a hikikomori

>> No.4459440

Hikikomori != NEET

A hikki is a shutin. NEET simply means Not in Employment Education or Training. Why do so many people seem to misunderstand this?

NEET is a term used mainly to describe the sort of people who come from a working class background and scrounge off benefits.

>> No.4459448

>>4459423
He said NEET, not a fucking headcase.

A NEET doesn't necessarily have mental health issues.

>> No.4459461

>>4459440
They're misunderstood because /jp/ at least used to use ''true NEET'' or just ''NEET'' as a synonym of ''hikikomori''.
I guess its kinda like refusing to use the word ''otaku'' when talking about westerners

>> No.4459470

>>4459461
No, we never did that actually. You must be confusing us with your precious /a/.

>> No.4459480

>>4459470
Not really possible, haven tvisited /a/ in a long time.
If you dont remember the ''true NEET''-threads then you have something wrong with your memory

>> No.4459483

Being a NEET is great, but my parents are starting to get tired of putting up with my shit. Soon I'll have to do something about.

Problem is, my biggest ambition is to stay in my room all day playing video games and watching anime. I just wish I won the lottery or something, so I could pay for my ass without any worries.

>> No.4459489

>>4459480
You were claiming /jp/ as a whole used NEET and hikki interchangeably - not that some fags every now and then did so.

Also I have had a few concussions so I won't lie and say I have the best memory in the world.

>> No.4459492

>>4459470

Whereas you're apparently just a dumbass, since you can't even see the people in this very thread using NEET to mean hikki.

>> No.4459493

I'm a true NEET: haven't had a job or education in 5 years. I'm not a true hiki: I do come outside, but the amount of times per month you can count on one hand. And that is mainly to visit the hospital or psychiatrist.

Last time I've been outside by myself: I don't remember.

>> No.4459495

I've tried both NEETitute and employment and find having a job you enjoy is more satisfying, but it probably comes down to personality. I've never had a job I hated, but then again I've never worked in retail or a call center.

>> No.4459499

I'm a NEET (Not in employment, education, or training) I could be social if I wanted to I just don't want to. And I'm not crazy or fearful of the outside world either. You guys are just pushing a stupid stereotype that you found in your Chaos;head VN's and your Welcome the the NHK's and you Sayanaro Zetsubo Sensei's. You can't trust the media to be right about that. The media is discriminatory.

>> No.4459503

>>4459489
sorry for writing my post a bit hastily, the "true NEET"-bullshit wasnt just "every now adn then" I think. I might just remember wrong but probably not.

>> No.4459516

>>4459499
in SZS they did specify that NEETs do go outside, unlike hikikomoris

>> No.4459530
File: 45 KB, 400x400, 1257642404228.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4459359

>> No.4459543

>>4459207
Oh HHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG, I didn't know that was an animation until my cat opened it up for me. Might it be from some doujin game or something, or just a random one off someone made?

>> No.4459555

I'm a NEET walking on the path to a career. Doing voluntary work at the moment. Because I want to move out. I'd like to bum around all day in my own place.

I just realised, my ideal job could be a househusband. Yes, this is a legitimate job.

>> No.4459559

>>4459438
>implying that you need to be locked up in a room alone in order to shut yourself off from human interaction.

That's easy modo bro. The only people who I interact with are my boss, for what I have to do during the week, and the people who take my money for food. Other than that, I just isolate myself elsewhere in the lab.

>> No.4459568

>>4459555
Nobody on /jp/ has the qualifications to be a househusband.

>> No.4459581

>>4459543
mode=cat

>> No.4459584

>>4459568

Indeed. And besides, cooking, cleaning, looking after kids? I'm not sure how this is ideal.

>> No.4459585

>>4459568
Well, let's take a look at the qualifications you need to be a househusband.

1. Be a Husband.
2. That's fucking it.

Yeah, we have no chance. :<

>> No.4459587

>>4459568
People can learn new skills. Learning to maintain my bachelor pad up to 'able to invite people in' standards would be a good start.

>> No.4459592

>>4459584
Hey wait, kids definitely aren't necessarily part of the job description. But if it happens, it happens.

>> No.4459597

I was a NEET for almost 2 years, it was good. I had a whole list of anime to watch, VNs to play, and free MMOs. The only thing I disliked was the nagging from my parents but they only called about once a month so it wasn't too bad and sometimes all I had to eat was potatoes and rice but I enjoyed the time.

>> No.4459606

Being NEET is great. I have the time to do anything I'd like to, basically. If I want to go eat somewhere fancy, I'll spend my own money and go. If I want to take a drive in the countryside, I'll spend my own money to fill up my car and go. Learn and flourish at a hobby? Sure, what's holding me back? The money I spend on things exclusevely for myself (lunches, drinks, hobby supplies, ect) is my own money I earned and saved up from working, knowing I'd quit and do just this with my life. I think the hardest thing about my life is getting lunch. Dinner is always guaranteed if you live with your family like I do. I've told my parents many times before that if they feel like them paying my car insurance and gas expenses is getting to be too expensive, to stop paying. I then explained to them that I'd have no problem living my life without a car, yet they insist I have a vehicle to call my own.

>> No.4459622

>>4459606

>If I want to take a drive in the countryside, I'll spend my own money to fill up my car and go.

>going outside
>neet

ur doin it rong

>> No.4459627

>>4459622
>implying that NEETs and Hikkikomoris are the same thing.

You can have frat boys who are NEETs. Actually, a lot of them are NEETs.

>> No.4459629

>>4459622
I think you should learn what words mean.

>> No.4459653

>>4459584
Wait, what? Cooking and cleaning are important skills as a NEET.

>> No.4459662

>>4459653
cooking instant food, yeah

>> No.4459675

>>4459653
Not if he's a lazy slob who has his parents wash his clothes and dishes. Not that a NEET has to be. But he could be.

>> No.4459696

>>4459629
>>4459627

NAH BRAH

Here on /jp/ I was taught that TRUNEET or PRONEET status people never leave the house. Ever.

I can pull up some archive threads attesting to this.

>> No.4459705

For the first few weeks, it's awesome, but after that you start getting used to all the free time, and you stop caring as much about it. You stop getting much excitement out of your entertainment, and it just feels meaningless. Emotional stimulus decreases every day, you don't really feel that depressed, but you don't really feel happy about your lifestyle either, the only thing that really motivates you to keeps going is your fear of the alternatives. And don't even let me get started on what extra stuff you should expect if you also don't feel completely comfortable with the concept of being a drain on society and not getting anywhere in life. The "lucky" ones don't care about that, but if you do, it will be intolerable for you.

I think the best way to do it if you really want to be a NEET is to adapt the "work and save up, and just be a NEET for a few months at a time" model that some people talk about. That way, you don't get used to the luxuries of the lifestyle and can truly appreciate it, and you won't die of starvation when your parents die or refuse to provide for you anymore.

>> No.4459713
File: 284 KB, 1280x960, 1257706609554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4459653

>> No.4459720

>>4459705

I can say this, if you smoke weed being a NEET is super-easy. Especially if you have your dealer deliver to your house.

I suggest you give it a shot. BRO.

>> No.4459755

>>4459696
>Here on /jp/ I was taught
wrong ideas.

I know I'm getting trolled. I never used to pay attention to tripfriends.

>> No.4459762

I just started being a NEET last week when I finished school last week (had no summer/winter breaks so I got to graduated a year early) and still getting use to the life style. Anyway I might start trying to get a job later this year or just do odd jobs to make money but I just want to relax for the next few months.

>> No.4459776

>>4459705
>I think the best way to do it if you really want to be a NEET is to adapt the "work and save up, and just be a NEET for a few months at a time" model
That's my plan. Something like that. Might have to be a bit creative about 'gaps' in my employment history. That shouldn't matter for explicitly temporary jobs...

>> No.4459795

Go outside at night and hang with the goth kids. Then do drugs with them.

>> No.4459813

>>4459755

Are you saying that the TRUNEETS and X-NEETs were wrong?

Sir, I believe YOU are the troll.

>> No.4459898

>>4459627
>you can have frat boys who are NEETS

This is why the title of True NEET is necessary - to distinguish us of the chosen from normalfag pretenders. True NEETs, the masters of /jp/, are by definition hikki and otaku, in addition to being disdaining the rat race of pseudointellectual wage slaves.

>> No.4459908

>>4459226
You get over the loneliness after several months.

>> No.4459915
File: 73 KB, 400x400, 1266787807249.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you are female and not grossly overweight/deformed, I'd be happy to support your NEET lifestyle provided I can have sex with you and we can watch anime together.

>> No.4459916

Being a NEET was great until my landlord left a note for me to contact her with her last rent receipt because she's thinking about selling the house I'm renting in a few months, so I'll probably have to find a new place.

I'm really stressed out.

>> No.4459918

>>4459898

>TRUNEET

YESSSSSSSSS

>> No.4459932

>>4459915
>implying 3d isn't pig disgusting

Get out slut worshipping idolfag, your kind isn't going to be tolerated here any longer. Read the name of the board.

>> No.4459938

>>4459776
>>4459705
If you want to be a NEET the best thing to do would be to work diligently for 20 years while living at home then retire.

>> No.4459953

>>4459938
>If you want to be a NEET the best thing to do would be to work diligently for 20 years while living at home then retire.
>If you want to be a NEET the best thing to do would be to work diligently
>work diligently
>work
>NEET
>Not employed, in education or in training

>> No.4459983
File: 113 KB, 600x600, 1266789197981.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4459932
No, I'm just a twenty-two year old who traded his social life in highschool and college for work and internships. Now that I moved far away from the few people I did know, I have money and no one to spend it on...

And the fact I spend my evenings playing visual novels and browsing /jp/, kinda prevents me from making "new" friends.

>> No.4459988

>>4459983
>college
>friends

Get out.

>> No.4460009,1 [INTERNAL] 

>>4459983
Hire a prostitute to watch your animes with you, faggot.

>> No.4460009
File: 212 KB, 1000x1200, 1266791486724.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4459988
Prior to the influx of shitslammers like you, we had a fair number of threads in /jp/ about our careers and college experiences.

>> No.4460025

>>4459983
You're not a hikki. You're just anti-social. To be a hikki, you have to be EXTREMELY anti-social.

I'm in job training now, so I cannot consider myself a NEET.

>>4459932
But there are idol otaku.

>> No.4460034

>>4459953

I think you misunderstood. He's saying that you work first and then become a NEET, sustaining yourself with the money you previously made.

>> No.4460040

It was fun for a while, but after nine years it's lost its luster.

>> No.4460044

>>4459207
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCWCvilleLibrary

>> No.4460058

>>4460034
Exactly. The few months on, few months off strategy is a bad one. It's best to work in one large chunk.

>> No.4460077
File: 199 KB, 1382x1333, 1266788836486.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460025
No where in my post did I claim to be a "hikki". I would consider supporting a "hikki" if they could provide me with a little companionship. I was simply pointing out that I've isolated myself from people in my pursuit of money.

>> No.4460079

>>4460009
I don't remember those.

>> No.4460093
File: 24 KB, 550x400, seness.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460077
I'll move in with you then.

>> No.4460094

>>4459898
A beautiful post. Yes, us True NEETs need to distance ourselves from the wannabes. The title of True NEET is one that is worth defending.

>> No.4460102

>>4460094

>TRUNEET

FUCK YEARRRRRR

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAR

>> No.4460106

>>4460077
That companion doesn't need to be a woman, right?

>> No.4460107

>>4460102

p.s.

fuck year.

>> No.4460110
File: 118 KB, 389x530, 1265540206645.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460077
I will provide you with compansionship, my shitty cooking skills, and my PS3 because that's all I have.

>> No.4460107,1 [INTERNAL] 

/jp/ is filled with nothing but childish idiots when it comes to "NEET/hikikomori-ism."

>> No.4460119
File: 182 KB, 600x603, 1215735462441.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460093
I've seen enough of your shitty posts over the past few months that I highly doubt you have a vagina.

You aren't wanted.

>> No.4460133
File: 48 KB, 480x567, 1195779634804.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460106
Needs to be female. This isn't some sort of government welfare program, I expect something out of supporting your cost of living.

>> No.4460134
File: 25 KB, 636x358, 1265595566580.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460119
>implying women aren't the shittiest posters of all

You have some ass backwards logic. If anything I'm more likely to be a girl than most on /jp/.

>> No.4460137

Kiri~~

>> No.4460145

>>4460133

If that's really what you want, you won't get companionship, you'll get a horrible fat smelly acne-riddled man-beast of a girl - because those are the only ones that are true NEET and hikkis. This isn't an anime.

>> No.4460150

>Is being a NEET fun?

Not really. Not having a job is sweet until you realize you barely have enough money to pay the rent.

The biggest problem I had was that when I didn't exercise at least a few times a week I just felt physically ill all day long. It was pretty bad.

>> No.4460153

>>4460133
Then again maybe that's what you're into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_fjmG-YW2U

>> No.4460161

>>4460119
But I can pretend to be Yuki... just for you...

>> No.4460171

Okay, everyone saying being a NEET is not fun because you have to worry about money.... new scenario:

No job, no education or training, but receiving welfare. Still sucks?

>> No.4460181

>>4460171
I'm a NEET and a hikki, and I get supplemental income due to disability (my fucked up head).

Still shit. Though I must admit - I was like this a few years WITHOUT being on disability, and it was much worse then. So having some form of income does lighten the load a little bit but it doesn't change much in a big way. Just makes you feel more comfortable and secure a tiny bit even though in reality the money you get isn't enough to survive with anyway.

>> No.4460190
File: 255 KB, 1000x966, 1210388974320.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460145
And you think I'm just going to support someone, spending thousands of dollars a year, "Just because".

Get real. This isn't an anime.

>> No.4460198
File: 232 KB, 600x800, 1230103066099.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460134
It's okay. As long as you're wearing these, you're a girl.

>> No.4460200
File: 29 KB, 455x344, 1266806409654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.4460207

>>4460190
Enjoy this then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_fjmG-YW2U

>implying it costs thousands of dollars a year to support me even though I'm on SSI and can pretty much pay what I add to your bills and then some for a tiny rent.

>> No.4460255

>>4460190
What other qualities does your companion have to have -- would they be expected to chip in with the housework? Considered advertising for applicants on room-finding sites, or perhaps dating sites?

>> No.4460268

Why are there so many 引きこもり threads around here? Are there that many people who are thinking about becoming hiki?

>> No.4460275

>>4460207
Yikes. I'd like to live with that dude though.

He could train me up for getting bitches.

>> No.4460297

would it work of the companion was a trap?

>> No.4460309

>>4460198
Eee! Those are so adorable! Where can I get them?? I have an outfit they'd look simply precious with.

>> No.4460317

Welfare is a mistake. No government should give a single cent to support citizens that are not downright crippled for life.

>> No.4460337
File: 559 KB, 618x864, 1212819906501.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460207
That wouldn't qualify for my financial support. We are discussing individuals who would be classified as "NEETs". Not shit stuffed balls of repulsive flesh that frequent conventions.

>>4460255
I'd rather enjoy living a life with someone totally dependent on me (It would giving meaning to my exsistence). I wouldn't expect them to clean or cook, just provide me company.

>> No.4460354

>>4460317
Move to Afghanistan if you don't like it. Any civilized nation provides basic services such as temporary unemployment for its citizens. Not saying I supported the notion of NEET but a country that doesn't have welfare is downright barbaric.

>> No.4460356

>>4460337
>just provide me company

You've said otherwise in almost all your previous posts. If you want a girl that isn't a pig-beast like that youtube video, you won't be able to
1. find them on /jp/
2. find them via 'hey ive got money!'
3. 'come rely on me!'

If you wan't an attractive girl who will provide worthwhile companionship and not just be an annoyance after a month, you'll need to actually go look for one.

>> No.4460368

>>4460337

I don't believe frequenting conventions or any of that has anything to do with Education, Employment or Training.

>> No.4460379

>>4459226
basically this, also you realise you're a fucking loser when that happens, not so great after that

>> No.4460387

>>4460337
So if she decided she wanted to clean her own dishes or panties, you'd throw her out?

Heh, meaning. Got pets?

>> No.4460391

>>4460368
This. Plus the fact that you're basically saying now that they can't be weeaboos, they can't be losers, they have to be attractive, they have to be smart, they have to not be failures basically

Yet you expect them to need someone to take care of them.

Sorry but any girl that isn't a complete failure as a human being or horribly ugly does not need your money. You're asking for successful, intelligent, beautiful women who are NEETs and need cash. They don't exist, because 'successful' kind of doesn't work well with being a NEET.

>> No.4460397

>>4459207
I believe that I would call NEET life bittersweet in a way perhaps.
Sure the NEET condition may have given me a lot of time for different hobbies which can actually be quite cool at times.
But then there is the fact that the NEET life gives me a very hard time not feeling depressed, so if I were t ever fail to constantly entertain myself with some kind of hobby without without becoming bored or losing my attention I would instantly become very depressed.
And at times the depression could become so intense so that my hobbies only barely or simply couldn't lessen it, and as time flew by I noticed how it started to happen more often.

The economy is a bitch, it really is hard surviving as a NEET but I believe depression was my greater enemy even so, the fact that I wasn't able to support myself as Ihad no income of my own surely added to that depression though.

So yes, while the lifestyle might be fun in the way that you get all the time you want for your hobbies, i would still claim it to be bittersweet enough for me to never wanting it and trying to avoid it.

Others might not have as much problems with it as I did but I do believe that many NEETs would be able to relate to what I said in one way or another.

>> No.4460398
File: 20 KB, 400x450, 1263870144773.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460356
Says the mentally retarded welfare recipient.

>> No.4460411

>>4460391
Goddamn you, I was going to filter you due to your offensive trolling. But then you had to go and say something completely intelligent and sensible.

>> No.4460423

>>4460398
Ad hominem. Weak, Anon. Try to deny the truth-bombs this nigga be droppin'.

>> No.4460426

>>4460397
Can relate to that. Unlike you however, I almost went mad with loneliness and went on a warpath to get a job.

Never looked back.

>> No.4460430

>>4460379
Posting on jp ect.

I've been a neet twice for 6 months at a time and it was great. It's the only time I've felt like my life was my own. I only stopped because I was making my family worry more than usual.

>> No.4460432
File: 327 KB, 1000x706, 1262206117311.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460391
My first post;
"If you are female and not grossly overweight/deformed".

I'm not looking for a super model. And if they happen to be reading / following this thread, they pretty much cleared any hurtles in regards to common interests we might share.

>> No.4460438

>>4460432
I have a suspicion that I've seen you in a Wanko to Kurasou thread.

>> No.4460451

>>4460432
Mein Gott, Heinrich, what are those lumps growing on her chest?

>> No.4460453

what are some of these awesome, productive, creative hobbies anyway?

>> No.4460472

>>4460453
[x] Awesome
[] Productive
[] Creative

One out of three, anon. That's an F.

>> No.4460477

I have read through this thread and this have given me various insight of hikikomori, and NEET. Thanks a bunch.

>> No.4460478

Man I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

>Is Being a Neet fun?
>What's a Neet, anyway?
>What's the difference between NEETs and TRUNEETS
>TRUNEET here, NEETS are faggotry
>I want a NEET Girlfriend
>NEET Hookup Thread

ayayayayayaya.jpg

>> No.4460480

>>4460411
Same. I was raging at him in another thread and now he has to go make a good post like that. Fucking asshole.

>> No.4460489

>>4460453
Chainsaw sculpture.

>> No.4460499

Being a NEET sucks when you're in your 20s and still living with your parents. I'm ashamed of myself, so I try to avoid contact with family as much as possible. I can't do this forever, so I'll have to get a job soon.

>> No.4460503

>>4460309
Is this a joke? Or are you that Red from ages ago? I don't remember him being a fag.

>> No.4460507

True NEETS are essentially welfare cheats (regardless of the source) so I hope you have reconciled that.

>> No.4460524

>>4460507
I don't understand your post, but if you're saying we're "cheating" to get welfare, you're wrong. I cannot do work, many psychiatrists/psychologists have looked at my situation and concluded I needed help and had to focus on getting better first, without having to worry about things like getting around for now. I deserve this welfare, especially after all the shit I've had to endure in my life up till now.

>> No.4460533

>>4460524
But you can still waste time making posts on 4chan. Get a job in data-entry you fucking leech.

>> No.4460534

I have one question. I presume American NEET and hikikomori exist, they're are known as agoraphobic's. Is that true?

>> No.4460543

>>4460534
Agoraphobia can be a cause of hikikomori but I was unaware that all hikis are agoraphobic.

>> No.4460545

>>4460533
Read the post again. He said he has to get better first. Hikikomori and NEET need to gradually recover, and forcing them into the real world cold-turkey will damage them further.

>> No.4460547

>>4460534

Many are also autistic. You can decipher this from the behavior of /jp/'s posters - repetitive behavior, an obsession with rigid patterns, a basic inability to accept anything that doesn't adhere strictly to their standards...

>> No.4460551

>>4460533
I'm not going to answer your troll posts like these which I was expecting. People who work all day also spend their free time doing things they enjoy. Because I'm on welfare I can't use the rest of my time, when I'm not working on getting better, to do what I enjoy? Suck my dick.

>> No.4460553

>>4460534
Not really. It can be something the person has, but it hardly covers the entirety of it or applies to all of them.

>> No.4460556

>>4460524
That is over the normal alloted bullshit intake I can stand. Surely, you don't expect us to believe that?

>> No.4460558
File: 449 KB, 169x165, 1266259911790.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460547

>> No.4460562

>>4460547
>an obsession with rigid patterns
Ah, that explains the enormous amount of daily dose threads on this board.

>> No.4460565
File: 23 KB, 384x200, 1263915497268.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460551

>> No.4460569

>>4460524

I don't believe they (or you) are cheating, I'm someone who also receives a decent share of social security and I'm just using the rhetoric that I have seen many people use here.

My point is that if there are people who call themselves NEETs yet hold that contemptuous view of "welfare cheats" how do you reconcile that? You're either not a real NEET, homeless (how are you using internet?) or you lack some real cognitive dissonance.

>> No.4460570
File: 19 KB, 275x362, 8859302.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460558
Youkai moe thread?

>> No.4460571

>>4460547
All of those external symptoms can be symptoms of a number of other disorders, including most type B personality disorders that are often misdiagnosed as asbergers by psychiatrists who don't know a damn thing about psychology.

>> No.4460573

>>4460547
Problem is not all NEET and hikikomori are autistic. Many of them gotten used to this way of life so much that they make it a routine.

>> No.4460577

>>4460556
I don't. This is /jp/ after all, where the /b/tard mentality of LOL SHOWING SYMPATHY IS FOR PUSSIES XD still prevails.

I would tell you to grow up, but considering you're on here, you've probably been told that a million times before.

>> No.4460581

>>4460571

I wouldn't be surprised if /jp/'s residents had hugboxes.

Shit, they're practically trying to turn /jp/ into one big-ass hugbox.

>> No.4460582

Being a NEET can be fun, you just have to meet the following requirements:

1. You need to be a naturally anti-social person.
2. You need to get some somewhat close friends so that you can realize that you don't really need them to be happy and live the rest of your life alone in peace.
3. You need some kind of interest that is productive in some way (it doesn't matter if society cares about it, as long as you just aren't sitting around fapping and playing video games all day)
4. Either find some way to make money off of said interest or get a part-time job.

Alright, you can be a NEET now. Here's what you should be doing:

1. Live as cheaply as possible (only non-alcoholic beverage is tap water, brew your own booze or drink the cheapest vodka you can buy, eat rice and stuff, never buy new clothes or anything else unnecessary, ESPECIALLY not video games or figurines or other stupid stuff that you don't need/can pirate)
2. Work on that pursuit.
3. Ignore all human contact.
4. Try to scrape by, but without mooching off of parents or welfare (so you don't feel like shit about yourself)

Bam, now you're a hikki/NEET/whatever AND you can sustain yourself. Go be the next Steinbeck or give birth to SHODAN or something.

I myself fit most of these requirements. I still hate nearly all people, but some part of me is still convinced that there are interesting people who "get it" out there on the planet, somewhere, so I haven't given up entirely on making acquaintances and hanging out at internet communities.

>> No.4460584

>>4460556
Speak for yourself, brosef. It seems you don't understand what makes a person go hikki at all nor do you want to. It looks like you're a regular serf jealous about his tax money.

>> No.4460586
File: 26 KB, 120x89, 1266445314739.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460577
Nice comeback. Prick.

>> No.4460590

>I deserve this welfare, especially after all the shit I've had to endure in my life up till now.
"I deserve" is pretty fucking ridiculous language.
it implies that everyone else in the nation OWES you the tax-funded welfare money you're getting.

What exactly did everyone do to you? Nothing.

>> No.4460593

>>4460453

I enjoy programming. It's not only great fun to do, but you can create things that you can then share with other people.

>> No.4460597

>>4460569
I still don't entirely get what you're saying, I guess my English comprehension is failing here.

>> No.4460603

>>4460590
>What exactly did everyone do to you? Nothing.
If only you knew.

>> No.4460608

>>4460577
>>4460584
After all the hikki pride and assorted bullshit I have seen all over the place, I find it wise to not believe to your reasons beyond you being selfish assholes.

If you told me "I don't work because I am lazy", I would believe you. You don't need to lie to me about you being man-children. You owe nothing to me.

>> No.4460612

>>4460603
Go ahead and tell us.

>> No.4460613

>>4460590
Technically - at least on disability (I don't know about the other forms of welfare/SSI) they take from your families taxes and retirement funds rather than random tax payers and/or any taxes you paid pre-disability.

So really i'm just leeching off my mother ten fold compared to the usual person - rather than off the nation.

Plus, I do regularly see a psychiatrist and am working on getting better (this is mostly what my money goes towards actually), not sitting around doing nothing always. But mental health isn't something you can fix in a day or even sometimes years.

>> No.4460615
File: 9 KB, 320x240, 1237285941756.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460603
>if only you knew
What a cop out

Please jump into the path of a moving train and take your inflated sense of entitlement with you.

>> No.4460618

>>4460547

I prefer not to think of /jp/ as autistic, just highly anti-social and misanthropic.

>>4460593

I was under the impression that a significant portion of /jp/ was made up of /prog/riders.

>> No.4460622

>>4460603
Oh for the love of sweet merciful baby jebus, are you going emo on us or something?

Get a grip or get a cyanide pill.

>> No.4460623

>>4460582
>anti-social
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

>> No.4460625

>>4460533
>>4460556
>>4460590

See posts like these I see often, what do you guys do for a living?

I'm not pointing at these posters in particular but I have a feeling that a lot of people who say these things actually identify themselves at NEET somehow which is a total contradiction.

If you're a NEET you're dependant on someone else's work for your welfare which is a lifestyle completely opposed to such libertarian statements.

>> No.4460629

>>4460608
Because maybe we are not lying? Not everyone on /jp/ is in the position they are just because they are lazy, and I still believe the majority aren't lazy but actually have real problems but live in a third-world shithole like America where mental problems are seen as a sign of weakness and such people must be shunned!

>> No.4460632

>>4460622
>>>/b/

>> No.4460633

Sage for Emo aspies

>> No.4460637

>>4460582

This is how I roll.

I've only been out of education for a couple of months and I'm nowhere near being able to support myself fully yet. I'm working on it though. I have marketable skills, just not the practical experience, and that's really what counts.

Its not like I haven't been trying to get real work too, but no luck so far.

>> No.4460640
File: 99 KB, 494x375, 1237330317282.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460625
Oh I leech, I leech all day long

But I have absolutely no delusions about "deserving" what I am getting.

>> No.4460643
File: 59 KB, 815x622, DERP2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460629
I did not just read that.

>> No.4460657

Also, just to make it clear, I'm not agreeing with the anon - I don't think this is 'deserved' but I certainly am glad disability exists or else I'd be fucked. So I'm actually very grateful for it rather than think it's some god given right.

>> No.4460659

/jp/ are the kind of people who would tell a victim of Joseph Fritzl to "stop whining" and "get a grip".

Funny how intolerant people are of other people who are suffering from the same thing they are.

>> No.4460660
File: 104 KB, 500x500, 1266451223671.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460637
Then you are redeemable in my eyes.

Keep fighting, Anonymous.

>> No.4460675
File: 238 KB, 600x800, 2308750.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460659
comparing yourself to someone unwillfully imprisoned, sexually abused for 24 years?

You'll stop at nothing to excuse your own laziness, will you?

>> No.4460678

Funny how much society has instilled this notion in you that work is an important quality that if a person lacks it they are some sort of "lesser" human being.

Brainwashed by capitalism, I guess.

>> No.4460684

>>4460675
And you'll just keep insulting and belittling people with actual problems, huh? Why don't you go back to /b/, you may not know it, but you still do belong there.

>> No.4460690

>>4460678
Yes, that whole "carry your own weight" basis of society for the last five thousand years.

What a drag, man.

>> No.4460695

>>4460690
You're American, right?

>> No.4460699
File: 189 KB, 600x575, 1266305431460.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460684
You're still evading the question about what it is precisely that's wrong with you that society should OWE you everything you get.

>> No.4460703

>>4460695
because Americans have alot of weight to carry around, am i rite?
d'ohohohohoho!

>> No.4460706

>>4460678
Capitalism is natural order. Living in a utopian dream world where everything is provided for you is unnatural. Stop reading so many fairytales lazyanon-kun.

>> No.4460708

>>4460590
If M$ and WallMart can get money from the government I don't see why people who legitimately need welfare cant get it.

For example I've been sick now for 3 years and my insurance doped my policy because my doctor wants to do an MRI or something (on my stomach). If I don't get better I'm not going to be employable when I graduate college -- if I can even graduate.

I don't believe in entitlement or anything like that but I can tell you from experience that there is some sort of neurological basis for some people becoming hikikomori because after being sick for so damn long I think I have those tendencies now. Before I got sick I used to have a crazy work ethic and was full of energy all the time. Now some days I don't want to leave my dorm because the second I start going up and down stairs or walking the half mile to classes I start getting really bad headaches. Not to mention I usually have no energy whatsoever to do anything. I cant explain this to people very easily because my symptoms are kept to a minimum when I can control my blood pressure and drink kava most of the day but I have fairly serious neurological symptoms that are caused by any sort of external stimulation which is why I don't go out much anymore (despite my constant efforts to be social and get fresh air).

>> No.4460709

>>4460695
I'M KOREAN
SON OF A BITCH AMERICAN
AMERICAN IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER?
DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?
AMERICAN IS PIG DISGUSTING
GEORGE WALKER BUSH IS A MURDERER
FUCKING U.S.A

>> No.4460710
File: 59 KB, 679x516, 1266821863718.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460703
>>4460695

>> No.4460711

>>4460699
I have no need to explain it to you, since you show me no empathy either way. I'm going to bed in a moment and you're not worth me staying up any longer.

>> No.4460712
File: 343 KB, 2000x1773, 1212363243004.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460703

>> No.4460726

>>4460708
Your case is more about the US healthcare system being complete shit, not about welfare.

>> No.4460730

>>4460711
Of course nobody's going to show you empathy, you just whine about how society has fucked you up and you need to suck it dry of money, and you never justify it by telling anyone what precisely society has done to deserve such a leech.

Whine all you want, it doesn't make you right.

>> No.4460734

>>4460709
Right, American. I used to like America. But my American Studies teacher told me, when I was the only person among a class of 30 people who had a positive impression of America, that the more I would learn about the country, the worse my opinion of it would become.

He was right.

>> No.4460737

>>4460640

Oh totally.

Also as someone who doesn't live in the US and lives in a country that values good social security purely out of egalitarian values I also think it is not "deserved". It is not deserved much like how a rich kid who leeches off his parents for a blissful work-free college life doesn't deserve it.

It equals the playing field and I feel no guilt in exploiting it.

>> No.4460738
File: 2.02 MB, 1447x1447, 1263172095045.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460678
No. It is called evolution. All members that do not see use are to be removed. Every single one of them.

Natural Selection. And you are in the way.

>> No.4460745

>>4460730
You should try saying that to my face. I doubt I'd even be the first person to beat you up, probably the people who know me and care about me would already be doing so.

>> No.4460758

>>4460690

Last I checked the protestant work ethic has only existed for a few hundred years bro.

>> No.4460764

>>4460745
If you have the strength and health to beat up a 6'4" (not trying to be internet tough guy here, making a point) scandinavian, you probably are also in proper physical condition to work construction or something.

>> No.4460766

>>4460745

>say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

>> No.4460769

>>4460678

Normally I would agree with this, but I can't help but hold those who work for a living and waste their free time on TV and such in higher esteem than those that don't work and do basically the same - fritter away their free time on meaningless entertainment. At least the working ones are keeping the place running.

Now, if we were talking about someone who lived off welfare so that they could spend their life writing software or painting or anything, really, I would completely agree with you. In an ideal society, people like this should be able to skirt by on government checks - it's not like the citizens who are working for their money are doing anything useful with it anyways.

Still, I must say that every time I see a teenager with a cell phone that cost more than what I spent on groceries for the past year, I feel a little sick. The distribution of wealth in this world is a little fucked up, but you know the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? I can technically live without doing anything, if I give up enough modern luxuries, and as far as I'm concerned that's enough progress for the moment.

>> No.4460772

>>4460745
>to beat you up

Ahahahahaha.

10/10, would laugh again. Nice trolling there anon, almost took you seriously for a moment.

>> No.4460775

>>4460764
Construction pays really well also and has some of the best benefits for any job as far as I've heard.

>> No.4460776

>>4460764
You are being an internet tough guy.

>> No.4460779

>>4460708
Hell even posting on 4chan makes my left hand go week to the point I can hardly type anymore. I'm not "cured" by staying indoors, like I said it has something to do with stimulation in general (caffeine destroys me for example).

I think I might have symptoms similar to bipolar and OCD now (along with neuralgia) which on certain levels might be able to causes hikikomoriness even without my other medical problems (three years of chronic illness can cause problems like that).

>> No.4460782

>>4460764
Also being tall doesn't make you strong - i doubt you have a single bit of muscle or masculinity on your body.

>> No.4460784

Either way, it doesn't matter. I have so far already contributed more to society than some office drone ever has. And no matter what any of you say, I will still keep receiving welfare, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Kind of surprised that this childish mentality still exists at /jp/ though. I think it's time to move to a different place, /b/ is encroaching everywhere it seems.

>> No.4460788
File: 64 KB, 325x681, 1266610148059.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460779
>can't even internet without being a failure

Just die.

>> No.4460790

>>4460738
That's not how it works.

In any case I doubt many people are willingly NEET and even fewer hikkis. I find daily life very exhausting simply because I have to be around a lot of people and my NEET times really invigorate me but I've always paid for it myself. You could compare it to a person who goes backpacking around the world after working for a year and selling all their stuff.

>> No.4460794

>>4460779
Wikipedia is going to throttle your access if you keep pulling up articles to copy big words from.

>> No.4460795

>>4460766
Haha, oh man. You got me. Both the tripfriends have redeemed themselves in this thread.

>> No.4460796

>>4460764 If you have the strength and health to beat up a 6'4" (not trying to be internet tough guy here, making a point) scandinavian
But do you know AIKIDO?

>> No.4460801

>>4460706

Utopian? That is an accurate description of the nobility in most preceeding societies so I don't see what's utopian about it.

It seems more like a question of power, who has the power to make others work on his behalf. I see little difference between this and exploiting social security; your society has never been meritocratic to begin with (unless you live in China).

>> No.4460803

>>4460784
>bawww someone doesn't agree with my outlook on welfare, they must be /b/tards!

>>4460782
Regardless, the height counts for something, even if it's only a little. If he has the strength to get up and beat my ass, he has the strength to do some kind of job, be it driving nails or serving burgers.

>> No.4460806

>>4460764

SUP FELLOW INTERNET TUFF GAI

LET'S GO ON /K/ AND SCARE UP SOME NECKBEARDS

>> No.4460813

>>4460784
>I have so far already contributed more to society than some office drone ever has.
List your greatest accomplishments here, if you please.

>> No.4460818

>>4460803
Another worthless post. Get a tripcode so I can filter you already.

>> No.4460820

>>4460813
Probably eating his own shit so he doesn't contribute to human waste on the planet or something like that.

Also, "office drones" actually do a lot for society.

>> No.4460821

>>4460796
I do. I also know kendo, karate and a bit of full contact. But I am not scandinavian or even close to being white. Or tall.

>> No.4460822

>>4460784
I think the anti-neet person is looking at this the wrong way. He probably feels cheated because he works for a living and other people get by without working.

What he needs to realize is that his life is probably better than all these NEETS; people who work enjoy a much higher quality of life than people who don't. He should be feeling pity instead of jealousy.

>> No.4460825

>>4460818
Another ad-hominem attack failing to defend your lifestyle when it is attacked by logic and reason

get a tripcode already so I can filter you.

>> No.4460826

>>4460813
No. It's obvious what reaction that would generate. Going to sleep, bye now.

>> No.4460828

Scenario A:
Welfare helps and you don't end up on the street as a drunken homeless guy.

Scenario B:
You get no help and end up on the street as a drunken homeless guy and therefore being a nusciance to society costing money anyway and perhaps even resorting to crime in order to survive further increasing that cost.

Scenario C:
You failed miserably and ended up in jail, a result where you in fact end up costing society more money anyway due to the space you fill in the prisons and the maintainance that is required in form of food etc. And if you were to eventually be released you might risk to end up there again as the life of an ex-prisoner really isn't an easy one especially if you had troubles fitting into society before.

People who truly are leeching of welfare are doing something rather despisable but when it comes to people who really do have it tough I would still believe Scenario A to be both better for the individual and the society in the long run even if that might result in a NEET life for quite some while.
I could be wrong though, I am not claiming to "know" but this is how my reasoning goes.

>> No.4460829

>>4460821
>implying any of those help in real fights or that you've ever once been in a real fight

lrn2chi before I kick your weak little ass, nigga

>> No.4460834

>>4460828
Then there is always
Scenario D:
You failed to survive and died

But I do believe that both Scenario B and C are more common than D.

>> No.4460838

Man, I wasn't aware /jp/ was so fucking pathetic as this.

Hell, I leech too, but I don't go grabbing for sympathy by crying on the internet about it and expect everyone to hold my hand and tell me it'll be okay without even telling them what's keeping me from flipping burgers. I leech because I'm selfish and lazy, and I make no excuses for it.

>> No.4460845

>>4460829
Fool. You're going down now brah. Kage bunshin no jutsu!

>> No.4460846

>>4460838

Don't lose your faith in /jp/. It's just one guy trolling.

>> No.4460847

>>4460838

Here's the punchline to this magnificent joke:

They think they're better than 'normalfags' because of that.

>> No.4460850

>>4460838
like a boss.

>> No.4460854
File: 35 KB, 350x333, naruto.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460845
U SEEN ME B4 NIGGA, DON'T EVN B STARTIN DAT UP IN HERE

man u thinkin u can bet dis? u btr step down b4 i whop ur a**

>> No.4460855

>>4460828
Depends on what you mean by welfare. Simply throwing money at problems doesn't make them go away.

>> No.4460858

According to Michael Zielenziger's book, Shutting out the Sun: How Japan Created its Own Lost Generation, the syndrome is more closely related to PTSD. The author claimed that the hikikomori interviewed for the book had discovered independent thinking and a sense of self that the current Japanese environment could not accommodate.

>> No.4460861

>>4460847
I don't think I'm better than normalfags for financial reasons, but rather lifestyle choices unrelated to being hikki, NEET, or completely 'normal'.

>> No.4460862

I only just realized this thread had 230 posts. I thought it said like 20 and was going to be a whatever-her-name-is thread.

>> No.4460864

>>4460846
I don't think even a troll could pretend to be so fucking helpless and pathetic while simultaneously holier-than-thou than
>>4460818
>>4460745
>>4460524
this guy

>> No.4460866

Though acute social withdrawal in Japan appears to affect both genders equally, because of differing social expectations for maturing boys and girls, the most widely reported cases of hikikomori are from middle and upper middle class families whose sons, typically their eldest, refuse to leave the home, often after experiencing one or more traumatic episodes of social or academic failure.

In The Anatomy of Dependence (Tokyo: Kodansha, 1973, translated by John Bester), Takeo Doi identifies the symptoms of hikikomori, and explains its prevalence as originating in the Japanese psychological construct of amae (in Freudian terms, "passive object love", typically of the kind between mother and infant). Other Japanese commentators such as academic Miyadai Shinji and novelist Murakami Ryu, have also offered analysis of the hikikomori phenomenon, and find distinct causal relationships with the modern Japanese social conditions of anomie, amae and atrophying paternal influence in nuclear family child pedagogy. Young adults may feel overwhelmed by modern Japanese society, or be unable to fulfill their expected social roles as they have not yet formulated a sense of personal honne and tatemae – one's "true self" and one's "public facade" – necessary to cope with the paradoxes of adulthood.

>> No.4460876

>>4460864

If he were sincere, he would have fucked off to /r9k/ by now.

>> No.4460877

>>4460822

I agree with this. Exploiting social security is a bit of a dumb phrase because the impoverished souls who resort to it are hardly what you'd describe as "exploiters".

I personally use social security because I am a student and students aren't valued by society enough, so I take what meager scraps I get.

>> No.4460880

The dominant nexus of hikikomori centers on the transformation from youth to the responsibilities and expectations of adult life — indications are that advanced industrialised societies such as modern Japan fail to provide sufficient meaningful transformation rituals for promoting certain susceptible types of youth into mature roles. As in many societies, Japan exerts a great deal of pressure on adolescents to be successful and perpetuate the existing social status quo. A traditionally strong emphasis on complex social conduct, rigid hierarchies and the resulting, potentially intimidating multitude of social expectations, responsibilities and duties in Japanese society contribute to this pressure on young adults.[5] Historically, Confucian teachings de-emphasizing the individual and favoring a conformist stance to ensure social harmony in a rigidly hierarchized society have shaped much of the Sinosphere, possibly explaining the emergence of the hikikomori phenomenon in other East Asian countries. In general, the prevalence of hikikomori tendencies in Japan may be encouraged and facilitated by three primary factors:

>> No.4460890

1. Middle class affluence in a post-industrial society such as Japan allows parents to support and feed an adult child in the home indefinitely. Lower-income families do not have hikikomori children because a socially withdrawing youth is forced to work outside the home.[6]

2. The inability of Japanese parents to recognize and act upon the youth's slide into isolation; soft parenting; or even a codependent collusion between mother and son, known as amae in Japanese.[7]

3. A decade of flat economic indicators and a shaky job market in Japan makes the pre-existing system requiring years of competitive schooling for elite jobs appear like a pointless effort to many.[8] While Japanese fathers of the current generation of youth still enjoy lifetime employment at multinational corporations, incoming employees in Japan enjoy no such guarantees in today's job market.[9] (See Freeters and NEET for more on this.) Some younger Japanese people begin to suspect that the system put in place for their grandfathers and fathers no longer works[10], and for some, the lack of a clear life goal makes them susceptible to social withdrawal as a hikikomori.

>> No.4460898

>>4460855
Well I was thinking of some sort of rehabilitation such as psychiatry or something, but I was thinking of ordinary finaincial support as well.
But isn't it a quite common welfare policy ro have rehanilitation as some kind of requirement for them to recieve ordinary financial support as well?

Welfare might include different things and might look very different from country to country but.

>> No.4460900

>>4460855

I agree which is why good systems include job placement programs and training schemes, or support people who are recieveing an education.

The US literally throws people in a bin who are long term unemployed and gives up on them, forcing them into an underclass that there is no escape from.

>> No.4460906

You guys made me remember why I stopped caring about other human beings.

>> No.4460921

>>4460877
>Exploiting social security is a bit of a dumb phrase because the impoverished souls who resort to it are hardly what you'd describe as "exploiters".

You're an exception (if that)
You'd be shocked how many "welfare kings and queens" this country is filled with. They don't use welfare because they need it, they take from it because they dont NEED to do anything else. There's plenty of big fat black women in this country whose only aspiration from when they were 6 years old to their death is to "have 8 keedz so i can get big checks from the guv'ment"

>> No.4460924

>>4460880

I hate this description because it ignores the global parallels and instead focuses on strictly oriental reasons, othering the whole problem. Classic orientalism.

>> No.4460928

>>4460898
It differs from country-to-country and I think state-to-state as well, for me personally I have to continue seeing my psychiatrist once or twice a week or they stop sending me money - plus to even APPLY for it I had to have already been seeing a psychiatrist for about 6 months and have at least one meeting with one they chose (who works for them to decide if you are really disabled or not).

But that's just disability and just for me, not all forms of welfare by far or all areas.

>> No.4460934

After graduating from high school or university, Japanese youth also have to face a very difficult job market in Japan, often finding only part-time employment and ending up as freeters with little income, unable to start a family.[15]

Another source of pressure is from their co-students, who may harass and bully (ijime) some students for a variety of reasons, including physical appearance (especially if they are overweight or have severe acne problems), wealth, educational or athletic performance, or even having lived overseas for a short period.[citation needed] Some have been punished for bullying or truancy, bringing shame to their families.

Although rare, some hikikomori have become extremely wealthy. For example, starting with 1.6 million yen (apr. US$14,000) in 2000, Takashi Kotegawa (Japanese: 小手川 隆) grew his account in the JASDAQ Securities Exchange 10,000 fold over 7 years to 17 billion yen (apr. US$152 million). He first gained fame in Japan after he managed to profit 2 billion yen (apr. US$20 million) in 10 minutes from a Mizuho Securities order blunder. Refusal to participate in society makes hikikomori an extreme subset of a much larger group of younger Japanese that includes parasite singles and freeters.

>> No.4460949
File: 20 KB, 338x383, DERP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460866
>Referencing research published in 1973

>> No.4460953

>>4460921

How many are there? A lot? Can you quantify that statement with statistics, especially in regard to their racial profile?

What is informing that idea you have?

My evidence is the fact that social security is so meager in the US that it should not be possible for the recipients to live in a way that could be described "as a queen", what is your non-anecdotal evidence?

>> No.4460964
File: 73 KB, 405x405, 1266473920109.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4460934
>Although rare, some hikikomori have become extremely wealthy.

I'm ok with this.

>> No.4460992

When I was a kid, I always looked up to the adults that I met. They could talk about much more interesting things than the kids my age could. Those guys just wanted to play GI Joe and shit. Because of this, I spent most of my time alone, trying to be more "grown up."

As I became an adult, I realized that all the adults around me were those same stupid kids, just older. I subsequently retreated into myself, seemingly for good. You could call me a hikki or an anti-social, living only for myself.

Then it hit me - there were probably other people out there who lived life very similarly to me, and who might have some thoughts more interesting than "did you see the game last night" or activities more productive or profound than "let's get drunk and play mario kart" to share with me. Now, I travel the internet, trying to meet the real people of the world.

That's right, real people. Those boys and girls I went to school with aren't real people! Those men and women riding their cars aren't real people at all! What happened to hopes and dreams and ideas? When did "aspirations" become a matter of fitting into some preordained role in society? When did "the good life" become mindlessly consuming entertainment?

What the fuck is wrong with everyone?

>> No.4461025

>>4460992
>You could call me a hikki or an anti-social, living only for myself.
More like narcissistic.

>> No.4461034 [DELETED] 

>>4459568
>>4459587
And why not motherfucker stop pushing your standards on others, not everyone here is a active member of the official secret club of /jaaaaaaaay/peeeeeeeeeeeeee/.
See its always the same someone lower the standards by pushing his standards and the other just take on positivism and say "but we can learn new abilities"
No you cant you are a fucking shitstain on society and you will never be able to do anything.
Cunt.

>> No.4461042

>>4460934
Then how do you supposed to get a full-time job in Japan?!

Connections?

>> No.4461078

>>4461042
Hes a lying son of a bitch. Thats all. Japan isnt some 3rd backwater worst of all country.

>> No.4461203

>>4459568
>>4459587
And why not motherfucker stop pushing your standards on others, not everyone here is a active member of the official secret club of /jaaaaaaaay/peeeeeeeeeeeeee/.
See its always the same someone lower the standards by pushing his standards and the other just take on positivism and say "but we can learn new abilities"
No you cant you are a fucking shitstain on society and you will never be able to do anything.
Cunt. Repostan for courage. learn it, cunt.

>> No.4461206

>>4461025

Anyone who isn't narcissistic isn't a real person.

>> No.4461255

>>4461206
People like him need approval from other people. True narcissism arises from doubts that you're as good as you want to be. Because of that you find people who you think are "worthy" and try to convince them that you're smart or whatever. The Internet is really bad for this kind of behaviour.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action