[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 31 KB, 640x480, kana_juggle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4278049 No.4278049 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /jp/. I sincerely wanted to avoid it if I could, but I'm at a loss by this point.

Okay, so I mounted the Kana -Little Sister- CCD file on Daemon, went into it and activated "KANAUST," which amounts to your typical installation window, as an administrator because I use Vista (goddamn I hope this isn’t the problem) and the installation is almost definitely setting up something in the otherwise protected Program Files folder. So, I do all this and go to "Execute" on the set-up screen and only install the Game Application, setting up shortcuts on my desktop and start-up menu. The installation seems to run smoothly besides the length of the time it takes for the process to copy the Graphic File and the fact that the moment it apparently finishes installing a window pops up and says “Kana -Little Sister- setup has stopped working” and forces me to close it, but everything otherwise seems fine. However, when I go to activate the game, even as an administrator, I get a "Kana -Little Sister- has stopped working" message.

I've tried reinstalling the whole thing, this time also installing the "DirectX Media" selection as well, but this just causes the program to go into "Kana -Little Sister- set up has stopped working" mode the moment the installation process is completed. I guess the problem had something to do with "DirectX," so I used the "dxsetup" program that was packaged along with the set-up module, but when I do that, the process seems to be completed in only a second, saying "DirectX setup was completed successfully," and yet I am still unable to get the game to work.

I am incapable of deducing exactly what I'm supposed to do at this point. Is there any way I could perhaps fix this problem? Am I supposed to use the "Kana_US_NoCD" thing that came in the torrent or what? I'd be very appreciative of any assistance you could possibly give me, Anon, because I’ve installed stuff like Umineko and Tsukihime and those both work fine.

>> No.4278075

enjoy not playing

>> No.4278071

>>4278049

>Am I supposed to use the "Kana_US_NoCD" thing that came in the torrent or what?

Why didn't you try that before?

>> No.4278165
File: 1.46 MB, 585x400, delicious tears.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4278071

Because I DON'T KNOW HOW IT WOOORRHURRHURRHURRKSSS

>> No.4278234

lol I actually bought this game - pretty damn good

>> No.4278746

It's hard to tell what is wrong with the installation.
Assuming you have your locale settings right (If that's even necessary in this case), I would go to the game folder the installation created and see what files\folders are there and supposedly what's missing\wasn't installed (You said the Graphics file was taking a while right?).
It really depends on the kind of engine the game uses (I have no idea), but lets say the game has this Graphics.sfd file that's missing o.k?
I would look for a way to extract the file from the mounted drive and copy it to the game folder.
This is a long shot, and it's likely that even if you manage this the game will still miss other files that weren't copied with the installation failing during the graphics file (In which case you'll have to do a trial and error thing copying files).
However, I managed to save some installations that would error for no apparent reason using this.
Good luck.

>> No.4279692

>>4278746

Thanks bro.

Just, I put this off for a loooong time and decided I really wanted to try and read it after this long time.

It really shouldn't be this hard. ;_;

>> No.4279717

tl;dr Did you have the cd mounted when you tried to play?

>> No.4279926

Yes. Obviously.

>> No.4279973

i got mine to work by burning a physical cd, some reason the image file wouldn't play right

>> No.4280028

Disable your real CD-Drive from your Control Panel. Seriously. No idea why it works. It just does. At least for sounds. Also try XP compatibility mode.

>> No.4280071

>>4280028
its because the game was made to play its music from a cd rom drive, no sound data is installed to the harddrive.

>> No.4280084

Try buying the game.

>> No.4280085

>>4280071
Yeah, but why does disabling other optical drives work?

>> No.4280096

Just have the iso mounted while you play, if this doesn't work you didn't grab the right torrent.

>> No.4280332

>>4280096

Not ISO, .ccd

>> No.4280464

I was having this problem myself but I just found out that I could play the game by directly accessing the files while the game is mounted.

>> No.4280490

>>4280464

OP here. Tried to do this on my own. Doesn't work for me.

Is it Vista...?

>> No.4280524

>>4280490
Even in XP I had to run the game in compatibility mode.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action