[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 55 KB, 480x640, b55a11e230c0092577f61b3af632ef61.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4253097 No.4253097 [Reply] [Original]

Help me /jp/, i want to learn to play japanese mahjong, but i don't know where to start, plus some good mahjong games to play on DS, or even Snes is appreciated.

>> No.4253116

Learn a Chinese variant of Mahjong instead (e.g. Hong Kong 13-tile, etc.), there's a lot more people who play those versions.

How to learn? Google is probably your friend.

>> No.4253147

Go to http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html to practice Reach Mahjong offline.

You can visit http://mahjong.wikidot.com/ for detailed game rules and a description of the terms, scoring and hands. Also, my friends started not too long ago with Chinese Mahjong but I converted them over to Reach and we havn't looked back since.

>> No.4253170

>>4253147
Not to diss Reach, but I wonder how you converted your friends.

Laymen typically see chinese vs reach mahjong conversions as "Look! I know of a different version of mahjong with retardedly difficult scoring and rules system! Let's play that instead!"

>> No.4253186 [DELETED] 

kog sent me

>> No.4253219 [DELETED] 

>>4253096
Stop spamming and harassing www. anon
talk
.com

>> No.4253218

> Fagi

>> No.4253220

>>4253170
That's pretty true, as my family looks at Reach Mahjong as if it's total bullshit, so we only play Chinese. With my friends however, they hadn't been playing Mahjong too long so I agreed to do the scoring computations for them, and we agreed to relax some of the rules. The fact that separate ponds are built makes it so that superhuman memory isn't required to win which is nice for beginners. Also, the idea that only being in the top place matters lead to interesting games where they would team up, lay traps and read very hard into hands to try and make an upset.

It also helps that they were convinced to try it out after watching Akagi and reading the Legend of Koizumi.

>> No.4253281

>>4253170
Started with chinese mahjong when I was a kid. After I found japanese mahjong I never look back.
Dora is just much more fun compare to stuff like flowers1,2,3,4 and animal bonus tiles.
Having yaku requirement is also better than just setting minimum han limit like in chinese mahjong.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action