[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 67 KB, 350x350, 1261774153266.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4185588 No.4185588 [Reply] [Original]

>Extra TIPS

>Alongside the main series, Ryukishi07 has also written some extra TIPS outside of the games. These are considered canon.

>Lambda's Diary
>This TIP talks about Lambdadelta, and her history of granting wishes.

>Bern's Letter
>This TIP is a letter that Bernkastel wrote to the player, which contains her musings and speculations on the rules XYZ in Umineko. It ends with a couple of poems, one written by Ronove, and one written by Frederica Bernkastel.

>Anti-Mystery vs. Anti-Fantasy
>This TIP explains and speculates the concepts of anti-mystery and anti-fantasy in full detail.

>The Seven Sisters' Valentine
>This TIP is a humorous story about Ronove making chocolate, albeit primarily for Beatrice, and giving one each to the Stakes of Purgatory. He then sends them to give the chocolates to the figures that are foremost in their hearts.

>Why Are Closed Room Murders So Beautiful?

>The Story of Coffee

>Notes From a Certain Cook
>This TIP talks about Gohda's past. This TIP shows that red circles appear before the murders have even started.

>Beatrice's White Day
>This is the sequel to The Seven Sisters' Valentine, in which the Stakes receive presents from the persons they gave their chocolate to. Beatrice, however, who had run afoul of Battler on Valentine's Day after a botched attempt at giving him chocolate, attempts to cope with not getting a present herself.

>The Witches' Tanabata
>This TIP is about Beatrice granting a wish for Maria, and Bernkastel granting a wish for Ange. The latter event shows Bernkastel as a cruel, ruthless witch.

>Arigato For 556

From the Umineko page on wikipedia. What are these, and is there anywhere I can read them? I assume this is where we first saw 556's design and the BattlerXLucifer shipping craze started, no?

>> No.4185601
File: 10 KB, 260x361, 1223582031600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fascinating.

>> No.4185603

umineko wikia, also if you can find them, animesuki

>> No.4185619

They're actually on the same page:
http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/TIPS

Ctrl+F Extra Tips.
Arigato for 556 and another one haven't been translated.

One of the tips missing is Cornelia's for Episode 5, but it's only been partially translated.

>> No.4185635

>>4185619

Ah, thanks.

I'm curious why these weren't in the games themself though. Meh, no matter.

>> No.4185643

>where we first saw 556's design
That was ingame.

>> No.4185653

>>4185635
like you posted, they are released with them, and the people in animesuki decided to translate them (most), but they usually don't include them
Check youtube for the valentine day and white day, someone made a video with character sprites, also the witches tanabata

>> No.4185671

>>4185653

Ah, I see.

>> No.4185678

>>4185671
again, check the three videos in youtube if you don't intend to

>> No.4185694

>>4185678

Already on it, cap'n.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WEIyfN71d8

>> No.4185896

Wait what.

How is Valentine's Day and White Day canon? How does that even fucking work? The conference is in like October, Valentine's Day is in February, what am I missing here.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action