[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 303 KB, 498x374, HarukiMurakami.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4119509 No.4119509 [Reply] [Original]

Yo, /jp/.

We're supposed to write something in English, but we have to stick within the limits of the subject, so I thought what the heck and went for a Japan/Western Culture thingy since pretty much the entire book handles globalisation.

Anyway, I need your help to formulate my, uh, kind of the question my text is making and "answering" before the teacher will let me start working on it. So far I've got the following:

"What kind of significance has the American invasion of Japan had on the two cultures in the frames of globalisation?"

Someone care to shape this up? Have any thoughts on it? I believe I'm being being political biased when I call it an invasion, but I don't know what else to call it. Thoughts? And what does adding "in the frames of globalisation" do? It kind of sounds really cool and serious, but I'm not quite sure what it implies.

Thanks!!

Pic is Japan's greatest man.

>> No.4119544

People, come on.

>> No.4119556 [DELETED] 

>>4119553
Oh god not you.

>> No.4119551

>>4119544
I don't feel like it.
*sip*

>> No.4119553 [DELETED] 

>Pic is Japan's greatest man.

Wow.

No he isn't, he's a decent author but he's not Japan's greatest man.

Sounds like you're a leftist too.

>> No.4119561

>>4119509
japs have small penises durrr

>> No.4119572 [DELETED] 

>>4119553

It's my opinion, you can't just say no it's not. And in addition to that it was even meant as a provocating halfjoke.

And sure, I'm kind of leftishly biased, that's why I need your help to neutral it out. What would you call it?

>> No.4119618
File: 371 KB, 1600x1200, d17758439229187f159b2614d3179328.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

1st, I would call it "occupation" as it's a milder word that still conveys military action without possibly getting one side or another butthurt over simple semantics. (I'm assuming you're referring to the US setting up shop in Japan post WWII.)

Use buzzwords like "In the frames of globalization" too much and it will become painfully apparent that you don't know what it means. Now, in terms of how it actually affected the globalization of both countries, I would say that it gave both countries somewhat of a boost towards expanding their influence, though immediately post-WWII there was a lot of mistrust on both sides of the equation. Americans calling Hondas "Jap Crap" and all that, really didn't help too much at first.
Once Japan really hit its stride as far as burying the filthy gaijins in sweet consumer electronics, that's when their globalization really took off. Though they're still a very xenophobic culture, they recognize the need to be open to trade to keep their economy going. Autarky = fail, for them at least.

There, you happy? Pic unrelated.

>> No.4119649

>>4119618

I love you <3

And I do know what it means now. I realised it while eating yoghurt and waiting for someone like you to reply. It makes it more natural for me to put the focus of the text on their mixing which in term has created such things as Haruki Murakami and wapanese.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action