Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/jp/ - Otaku Culture


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 47 KB, 757x561, 1262615357899.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4063882 No.4063882 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

oh my poor akiha-chan

>> No.4063902

Permaban Akiha.

>> No.4063964

www

>> No.4063972

It's funny how anime avatars are so abhorred in SA. You can really derail any thread by having an anime avatar.

>> No.4063975

10bux has a RP board now?

>> No.4063982

>>4063972
All forums are worthless anyway. I remember some guy on SA got a ban for admitting to like Kodomo no Jikan. Because it's too creepy for Amerifags or something.

>> No.4063999

don't you have to pay actual money for an avatar?

>> No.4064007

>>4063982
I wouldn't call SA mainstream but it has a more mainstream audience than /jp/ or /a/. It's a little easy to understand how SA works when you keep that in mind.

>> No.4064015

>>4063982

See, that's what's so fucking absurd about how Something Awful's forum has any people in it. You need to pay 10 bucks to get an account, under the pretense of keeping out the "bad crowd" or something. But then you can lose it at a moment's notice, just because some moderator had a stick up his ass that day, and you cannot get it back. You have to pay extra to get a custom title, but other people can pay more to change your custom title.

It's like the whole board is a giant IQ test that you fail by getting in. This sort of business practice would be illegal in the meat world.

>> No.4064032

>>4063975
No. There were a bunch of threads across multiple subforums back in 2005 where people created custom titles for fictional characters. As you can probably guess that one came from ADTRW.

>> No.4064047

>>4064015
Not really. I've had an SA account for years and have never even been probated.

>> No.4064048

i don't understand this at all.

people pay money? to talk about anime? on the internet?

are there really that many stupid people out there to take advantage of?

>> No.4064054

The only thing SA boards has going for it is the Let's Play board. If there was a popular free alternative to that board, 10bux could suck all alone somewhere far away from me for all I care.

>> No.4064055

>>4064015
On the other hand, the forums being fairly well moderated means there's a lot less noise than 4chan. I think ADTRW is better than /a/ as a sort of anime club, but /a/'s still good for casual discussion.

>> No.4064072

>>4064055

As long as you don't even think about discussing any characters under the age of 18, sure.

>> No.4064084

SA isn't really that bad.
I believe it is the first western site reviewing eroge and porn games although it is actually more to insulting them.

Seriously without SA I don't think I would have play through those atrocious and downright shitty sex romp.

>> No.4064098

>>4064055

...If by "fairly well moderated" you mean "people getting banned for absolutely no sane reason because the system is set up in such a way that the forum admins get more money the more people they ban".

If you buy a 10bux account, you lose 10 bucks, and get essentially noting. Their rules allow the mods to take away your account for any reason or no reason. It's insane.

>> No.4064105

>>4064098
lol no

>> No.4064109

What is SA?

>> No.4064114

>>4064109
Subterranean Animism.

>> No.4064118

>>4064109

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here.

>>4064105

Lol yes. I have seen people get permabans for disagreeing with the mod, and temp bans for agreeing with a mod in a tone of voice that could be interpreted to be sarcastic. It's about as inclusive environment as Nazi Germany.

>> No.4064121

>>4064109
>>4064109
Subterranean Animism.

Get out of /jp/ if you haven't play touhou11.

>> No.4064128

If you're not (openly) a pedo and not threadshitting you're not going to get banned.

>> No.4064136

>>4064128
>If you're not (openly) a pedo
See, that's just retarded.

>> No.4064139

>>4064128
Yeah. I really only see shitty posters getting banned the majority of the time. There are good trolls that get banned but that's the risk that comes with trolling.

>> No.4064144

So, any Helldump regulars?

>> No.4064162

>>4064144
1. How can anyone be a regular of a forum that no longer exists?
2. A Helldumper in 4chan? That'd be like a vegetarian going to a butcher's.

>> No.4064165

>>4064128

If you say ANYTHING that in the VAGUEST sense might IMPLY you might have ANY interest in animated depictions of females under the age of 18, Helldump will TRACK YOU DOWN and RUIN YOUR LIFE.

That kind of scares me sometimes. But I still go there for TFR and ADTRW.

>> No.4064172

>>4064128
>a pedo

but I only like loli

>> No.4064178

>>4064165
Helldump doesn't exist anymore and internet detectivery is considered passe. Many open furries are accepted. I'm pretty sure nobody will care about you being a lolicon as long as you don't say anything about it.

>> No.4064180

>>4064165
>TFR
>ADTRW

that this combination comes up so much is a little disturbing...

>> No.4064189

>>4064165
Helldump was so retarded and unfunny that Lowtax shut it down and said it will never come back.

>> No.4064192
File: 44 KB, 957x283, 1232309479190.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4064192

>>4064172
>but I only like loli
Good luck with that.

>> No.4064197

I wasn't on entertainment forums for years. And I don't see a reason to go there.

>> No.4064198

>>4064084
SA has a front page?

>> No.4064202

>>4064178

I'm not. The idea that people can bring a witch hunt down on your head and completely ruin your shit for not keeping your nose clean for your entire life just freaks me out.

>> No.4064209

>>4064198
Of course it gave nocturnal illusion an almost perfect score of -47/-50.

Final Thoughts: I think we can all agree that Hentai games are a waste of time. Why anyone would subject themselves to these, save for the sake of warning others (the goal of the reviews here at SA), is totally beyond me. Nocturnal Illusion is a sad case because it's so fucking long, intricate, and pointless. By the way, there are two versions of this game, one full and one "edited" that removed the images related to Little Red Riding Hood and Arisa, the other underage character. (DO NOT EMAIL ME ASKING FOR THE GAME AND/OR A WEB SITE I WILL IGNORE AND/OR MAILBOMB YOU.) The "edited" FAQ lists their ages as twelve and thirteen, if I remember correctly, but in the "full" FAQ suddenly they're both nineteen. Wow! So in total you get to screw one fairy-tale character, one underage girl, and one underage fairy-tale character. Add a failed suicide attempt and three bottles of Prozac to calm my nerves and it's a full day for me.

>> No.4064214
File: 43 KB, 224x203, 1257821146791.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4064214

>>4064202

>witch hunt

>> No.4064219

>>4064209
You know, there are certain words and phrases where I just stop reading. Prozac is one. "Fuck that noise" or anything similar is another.

>> No.4064223

>>4064202
>I'm not. The idea that people can bring a witch hunt down on your head and completely ruin your shit for not keeping your nose clean for your entire life just freaks me out.

That's the thing. Nobody does it anymore. And at worst, you get banned from an internet forum. Quit acting like it's a giant conspiracy.

>>4064209
We've coped with the idea of being rejects in general, but somehow a lot of people here are pretty sensitive about being rejects of a website...

>> No.4064248

>>4064223
you sound like someone underage. faggots playing fag police are just underage beyond belief. just stop living. kill yourself.

>> No.4064252

>>4064219
Well, it was on the very last paragraph of a wall of text, so it's not like you missed much.

>> No.4064256
File: 13 KB, 225x226, 225px-Prisoner_sm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4064256

>>4064165
>That kind of scares me sometimes. But I still go there for TFR and ADTRW.

'sup, Tendiment Funster.

>> No.4064265

>>4064256
He used to mod /k/, didn't he?

>> No.4064270

>>4064256
I thought it was "Tenement Funster"

>> No.4064283

>>4064248
I'm saying there aren't any fag police anymore! Is this thing even on?

>> No.4064284

>>4064270
That sounds right, I probably had it wrong.

TD, if that's actually you and/or you're reading this, your prisoner avatar kicks ass.

>> No.4064293

>>4064256 Tenement Funster

you're fucking kidding me right

>> No.4064344

>>4064284
TM's "permaban everyone that likes stuff other than manly/super-robot anime" is rather annoying.

>> No.4064361

TFR is the most ridiculous neckbeard haven this side of the Internet. Time For Romance, my ass.

>> No.4066068

>>4064015
Good post, exactly my feelings when I first found out about it ages ago and people were all ragging on about how good the place was.

Another reason to never visit that site was the unfunny content.

>> No.4066097

>>4064209
>MAILBOMB
...Ugh.

>> No.4066107

>>4064047
>!Nipaa0mi0.
>I've had an SA account for years and have never even been probated.
This tells us a lot about the quality of that place.

>> No.4066150

So I've heard enough about how bad it can be but what does SA have to offer that other forums don't then if so many people are paying to get in?

>> No.4066156

I'm so mad about a web forum, let me tell you all about it

>> No.4066161

>>4066150
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

>> No.4066173
File: 81 KB, 300x480, snapshot20091104231405.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4066173

>>4064047
gb2gbs

>> No.4066184

>>4066150
Relatively low noise level, no big blinking sigs or forum respect points or other gay things, good number of people who know things or have relevant skills or are willing to make some effort. It hasn't been a ban minefield for years either, the only thing I really hate about it is the helldump ruin your life shit for being a weird guy on the internet and catching someone's attention.

>> No.4066185

>>4066173
>snapshot20091104231405.jpg

You didn't post Alicia, faggot.

>> No.4066186

>>4066150
Pros:
Its about as serious as 4chan
There's no ^____^
Actual anime chat unlike /a/

Cons:
You can get banned for about any reason. (Also a Pro since the mods will ban people for being a bad poster)
You can't mention Type-Moon without a derail on power levels and who's the sluttiest.
Half of the goons are afraid of anything Japan so ADTRW is hated.

>> No.4066197

>>4066184
Good news; Helldump is gone, and people can get banned for playing internet detective.

>> No.4066198

>>4066186
>You can't mention Type-Moon without a derail on power levels and who's the sluttiest.

Sounds a lot like here.

>> No.4066202

Could anyone buy me an account over there? I don't have any way to pay other than paypal and they won't take it.

>> No.4066207

>>4066150
It has absolutely none. They pay 10 bucks to talk with people you can find on any other message board.

>>4064015 put it very aptly:
>It's like the whole board is a giant IQ test that you fail by getting in.

It seriously to this day baffles me there are so many people who throw away their money for this shit.

>> No.4066210

>>4066198
Most of ADTRW posts on /m/, and I'm sure about a 1/4 of it visits /jp/, so yeah ADTRW is here but with anime torrent links.

>> No.4066214

>>4066186
>Its about as serious as 4chan
>Pros
Wrong category, bro!

>> No.4066233

>>4066202
>I don't have any way to pay other than paypal and they won't take it.
That's because Paypal doesn't accept SA as a client since it recognizes it as a scam.

>> No.4066248

WHY OH WHY DO THEY NOT LIKE PEDOPHILES? I SHOULD BE ABLE TO POST AS MUCH AS I WANT ABOUT HOW CREEPY I AM. - /jp/

>> No.4066257

>>4066248
Butthurt SA user makes an attempt at trolling.

I wonder if all the trolling on SA is of this exceptional quality!

>> No.4066277

SA is shit, bunch of faggots trying to act cultured, and who think their shitty shops are funny

>> No.4066289

>>4066233
They hate Paypal because of something with a Katrina fundraiser. I don't really care enough to remember.
>>4066257
TenementFunster is the best troll. He mostly communicates with bluray screencaps of Zeta Gundam.

>> No.4066298

>>4066289
He's where that gun+money+lucky star photo came from right?

>> No.4066301

>>4066277
>>bunch of faggots trying to act cultured
it happens here too though, and on other 4chan boards as well. people just can't take it easy.

>> No.4066318

>>4066301
>cultured

>> No.4066320

>>4066301
That's true, but to a lesser extent, although lately it's gotten worse.

>> No.4066330

Wake me when the same fags yelling about $10 make the same noise whenever someone buys a $90 hunk of sexy plastic.

>> No.4066339

>>4066298
Yeah, he trolls TFR as well (guns subforum).

>> No.4066346
File: 79 KB, 496x276, fansrvc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4066346

>>4066330

>> No.4066443

>>4066330
At least then they're getting something in return for their money.

>> No.4066497

>SA isn't really that bad. I believe it is the first western site reviewing eroge

trying to find something negative to say about a game, no matter how absurd, is not reviewing. Also the ignorance and hatred they show towards anything japanese ("yeah, that name sounds just like a the sound of a fire siren") can get pretty sickening.

>> No.4066509

Something Awful has ALWAYS been an exercise in gullibility.

>> No.4066538

Time to repost what was once posted on /b/ half a decade ago.

"Something Awful is where stupid people go to act smart.
4chan is where smart people go to act stupid."

>> No.4066559

>>4066538
I believed you until
>4chan is where smart people go to act stupid

>> No.4066564

>>4066538
So how do Gaians fit in there?

>> No.4066567

>>4066538
Good thing you mentioned how old that saying is, because it has been long since it stopped being truth.

>> No.4066584

>>4066559
>Half a decade ago

>>4066567
Sad, isn't it? Now they're equal, with Something Awful still being a scam site.

>> No.4066588

>>4066564
Gaia is a well-disguised attempt at proving Einstein's belief that human stupidity is infinite.

>> No.4066589

>>4066559
It was true 5 years ago.

A more fitting quote right now comes from a thread on /v/ where a Gaia screenshot was posted ("Let's make Gaiachan" I think) which had a line going something like "...and since 4chan draws most of its userbase from Gaia..." And Anonymous said: "Several years ago I laughed at this statement. Now I cry instead."

>> No.4066590

>>4066538 Something and 4chan are where people go to act stupid.
Fixed that for you.

>> No.4066599

>>4066559
It was at least

>> No.4066606
File: 195 KB, 1170x825, 1159385730058.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4066606

>> No.4066620

Girls are kawaii :3

>> No.4066635

>>4066606
That was almost funny, so it probably was a troll. Such is the way of SA's worst subforum.

>> No.4066646
File: 58 KB, 463x347, yyyyyyyyyyy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4066646

yay XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

>> No.4066662

Something Awful is bad and you should feel bad.

4chan is bad too, but at least you don't pay 10bux for it.

>> No.4066666
File: 194 KB, 759x572, 1241747804060.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4066666

>>4066646
She is not kawaii.

>> No.4066681

>>4066666
Any manga that has orgasmic underage voice actresses is good.
Also cool post number bro

>> No.4066684

Oh, Jones got hold of athens' tripcode password since he used it on the ghost board?

>> No.4066703
File: 201 KB, 1090x480, 1248914279603.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4066703

/v/ was always the most creative of the 4chan boards in my opinion.

>> No.4066709
File: 187 KB, 1000x480, 1248914589820.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4066709

>> No.4066748

>>4066703
In my opinion, it's just the largest non-/b/ board.
There's a lot of creative people there, but probably a far smaller percentage of them than on, say, /tg/.

>> No.4066777

>>4066703
In my opinion your opinion is shit.

>> No.4066783
File: 50 KB, 1020x756, 1248969375692.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4066783

>>4066748
Those pics were from late 2006, the artist did others.

I agree though, I think the constant contention between the oldfags and the /b/ entrants fresh off the boat is part of what makes it funny though. You can almost sense the exasperation of those who have been there more than a couple of years.

>> No.4066816

>>4066783
Tears are for useless bitches

Fucking women are only good for crying and fucking.

>> No.4066879

>>4066150
>So I've heard enough about how bad it can be but what does SA have to offer that other forums don't then if so many people are paying to get in?

I have yet to see a Let's Play board that's remotely as active anywhere else.

Reading LP's is the only reason I even visit that place. It's a good thing it doesn't require an account.

>> No.4066888
File: 166 KB, 316x418, 1262640529042.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4066888

>>4066783
I GOT MYSELF A PAPERCLIP

>> No.4066892

>>4066879
One should just hit the archive.
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/

>> No.4066910

>>4066892

Only about 20-30% of the LP's are uploaded to the archive. Which is disappointing.

And if you want to make LP's of your own, there are few places other than SA to post them if you want people to pay attention to them.

>> No.4066928

>>4066892
Ah, I've been watching some LPs from there, what are some funny ones worth watching/reading?

I read the animal crossing one which was hilarious. Also the Sonic 2006 and Sonic Unleashed ones were funny. pokecapn and company are funny guys.

Also classics like Half-life and Boatmurdered are hilarious.

>> No.4066962

>>4066538
Ironically that was taken from SA, though it originally referred to GBS and FYAD.

And anyone claiming that /b/ is full of smart people acting stupid says more about his own intelligence than /b/'s.

>> No.4066965

>>4066928

Funny? I dunno, I remember laughing at the one Yahtzee did. But I prefer the informative ones.

Egomaniac has made excellent LPs of Siren 1 and 2 where he just sits back and lets the game be the star, without attempting unfunny comedy. It's great. It allows you to appreciate the artistry of the game without having to go through the insane frustration of playing it yourself.

>> No.4066968

>>4066928
I only have patience for the Screenshot ones.
Usually, the more ridiculous the game, the funnier the LP is. Adventure games work well for that.

A surprising entrant is the Tsukihime LP. The guy is terrified of Akiha route and does as many Arihiko Gay comments as possible.

>> No.4066979

>>4066962
Fuck off, I hate you.

>> No.4066993

>>4066928
Read Wiz's Swabia/Germany Paradox LP.

If you are even remotely interested in Paradox games, his LP will make you want to buy them all.

>> No.4066999

>Egomaniac has made excellent LPs of Siren 1 and 2 where he just sits back and lets the game be the star, without attempting unfunny comedy.

I wish more people did this. It's supposed to be "let's play", not "let's hear my lame attempt at standup".

>> No.4067028

>>4066589
>And Anonymous said: "Several years ago I laughed at this statement. Now I cry instead."

We all said on /a/ that Gaiafags would take over, and were laughed at by mods and most everyone else. Then it became a huge, retarded non-meme, which disguised the fact that it really was happening.

And, oh, look, it DID happen.

>> No.4067031

The Daikatana LP is a classic. Its a two man lp; one refuses to do anything but run around like a spaz and the other memorizes the maps before they record. It somehow works.

>>4066968
Haha, I believe some of the art I made for that LP is in the archive. FYI Seorin is doing a FSN lp now.

>> No.4067036

>>4066910
>Only about 20-30% of the LP's are uploaded to the archive. Which is disappointing.

It's not even the best 30%, the Valkyria Chronicles was very good but didn't get uploaded.

And I don't think they have uploaded even a single one of their gamebook LP's.

>> No.4067048

>>4067031
The Daikatana LP is a classic.

Also loved Spoony's SWAT 4 LP.

>> No.4067056

>>4066999
Well, comedic lets plays can work some time. The Sonic 2006 one is a really good example of this; they played through it in one go, and you can hear them gradually losing their sanity as they get to the end of it. It took them like 20 hours to beat it (2 hours of which were loading screens).

>> No.4067058

>>4067028
/a/ drowns because of it's own shit, not because a specific crowd who magically all visited one other board came.

>> No.4067060

>>4066979
Don't say that. You're breaking my heart.

>> No.4067072

>>4067036
Its only uploaded when the authors do the work or the website owner loves the LP. Most authors are too lazy or don't know about it.

The best (and older) video LPs are also on http://www.archive.org/details/lets-play

>> No.4067080

>>4067058
Yeah, the fact that 4chan declined in quality as it became more popular with our normalbros is totally coincidental, right?

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action