- Otsu-la-yap-*unintelligible*! - Botan turned off the mic, changed the scene to the outro and reclined back onto the sofa while stretching her arms. She shot a quick glance at the dark sky through the window, then stopped her gaze firmly on Tokoyami Towa, who was sitting right next to her, legs crossed. A few tense seconds of staring later, Towa opened her mouth.
- W-what? If you don't want it to be like that every time, come up with an ending already!
Botan let out a slight chuckle.
- It's all fucked up and you couldn't care less, - said the lion with a wide smile.
- Well excuuuuse me, you're the one organizing everything, and what's this? - Towa nodded towards Botan's skirt just barely managing to contain the lion junk beneath it. - How is your collab guest supposed to be comfortable right next to that thing?
- Lamy is currently focusing on her streams so we haven't, - as Botan attempted to start her explanation, she got cut short by Towa.
- I DON'T WANT TO KNOW, for fuck's sake, you exhibitionists should tone it down already holy shit, - Towa fired off the words rapidly, her face slowly picking up shades of red.
- My bad, don't mind it. I mean, we're on the same team today anyway, so, - Botan waved her hand dismissively, - If it really gets to you, I can take care of it before you arrive next time. Or right after you arrive, if you want.
- Just stop already, what is this conversation even, - said Towa, jumping up from the sofa and approaching a window, looking out on the night city, as the lion still chuckled at her own joke.
- How is it going on your end anyway? Got closer with your apex friends? - asked Botan, after calming down a little.
Towa spaced out looking into the window for a minute or two before responding.
- They're nice people and always fun to be around, - Towa's voice trailed off somewhat mechanically, - I'm not lonely, I also have my genmates looking out for me, - that part sounded even less convincing, - and if I ever feel lonely, just one cigarette puts me back on track.
- So that's why you always smell like tobacco, - You could almost hear Botan smiling as she said that.
- YOU! FUCK YOU, SHISHIRO BOTAN! I answer seriously for once ad that's what you do? - But then Towa stopped, looking at Botan smiling happily about the dumb joke she just made, a joke you'd only make with close friends.
Close friends? At the sudden realization, Towa's eyes started watering and she hastily turned back away towards the window. Botan leasurily stood up and walked up to quietly sobbing Towa and embraced her lightly, only for the devil to start crying as loudly and annoyingly as she could into her chest. A bystander could tell just how distressed Botan was at the sheer decibels offloaded into her sensitive kemomimi, but she stuck through with her role as a friend to the end.
A microwave-warmed pizza and some 30 minutes of goofy dialogue later, Botan escorted Towa to the taxi, and, as she was being driven home, Towa thought that she really looked forward to playing with her friend again.