[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 220 KB, 371x556, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
39179818 No.39179818 [Reply] [Original]

Whale Manga
https://mangadex.org/chapter/84452281-10bb-425f-8acf-62243d663f2f/1

>> No.39179871
File: 202 KB, 305x590, onipit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Suika is a good girl

>> No.39179928

>>39179871
Suika needs to be treasured.

>> No.39179992

>>39179871
ペロペロ

>> No.39180023

>>39179992
remember: don't lick raw beans (licking suika is fine)

>> No.39180217
File: 623 KB, 1325x648, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really liked all the (You)s I got last thread about it by the way.

>> No.39180220

I'm sorry for ever doubting you, ZUN.

Not only did he subvert my expectations for what he was doing with Suika, he exceeded them.

>> No.39180382

>>39179818
Does the translator not upload anywhere else? MD only is a weak link

>> No.39180399

>>39180382
on their tumblr blog, i guess
https://gakugaku-blog.tumblr.com/

>> No.39180415
File: 72 KB, 487x377, ooh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

dumb sexy Aya

>> No.39180416
File: 1.68 MB, 1393x2000, index.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

youkai shrine maiden terrorizes crowd that was having fun with oni

>> No.39180444

>>39180416
Reimu is too moe in this manga for me to take seriously

>> No.39180595

>>39179871
And to think everyone was saying she was acting strange last chapter
Though this chapter really does make Kasen look like a wimp for wanting to cancel Setsuban that one time

>> No.39180770

Wtf is with all the plot clash with WaHH? Did we just forget how Kasen absolutely fear beans, so much that she tricked Reimu into changing the festival???

>> No.39180818

>>39180770
Theory: Kasen once tried to show off like Suika did here and got food poisoning.

>> No.39180819

>>39180770
Since when was Suika Kasen?

Suika is
-a noted strange oni
-the only oni to attempt to reforge human connections
-unafraid of humans
-a true friend of humans
-literally the most powerful/the top dog oni (though it's possible Yuugi is physically stronger)
-a liar
etc
She is and always has been a standout. It's even possible that the beans do have an effect on her but she tanks it.

>> No.39180853

>>39180819
Is this the same case how some of the protags stand out of other humans and Aya from other Tengus?

>> No.39180859
File: 13 KB, 1139x516, mangadexexperience.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39180382
MD is a shell of its former self. The only reason people use it is because they don't know where else to host their stuff.

>> No.39180965

>>39180853
Far as we know Aya isn't THAT remarkable. All Tengu are quite powerful and so are old youkai and Aya is both. She claims to be the fastest, but anyone can do that (for example if you believe her explanations for her powers: Sakuya is faster), and otherwise we know she is a lowly reporter, only MAYBE more significant than she appears (we know too little about Tengu society to say).
Though Reimu and Sakuya do stand out. Marisa not exactly, since she's normal and just has good help.
But all in all Suika is a weird case of a character as this real chaotic good type force, it seems. She'll be violent and she'll do some pretty wild or drastic things but often seems to have best or at least fun interests at heart, and she's absurdly powerful. Yuugi is jealous of her, and for unknown reasons Kasen pretty much hates her. All other oni left the surface because of feeling betrayed by humans.

>> No.39181137

>>39180965
>Far as we know Aya isn't THAT remarkable
- Literally the only youkai with enough ego and confidence to call herself God in her Spellcards
- Have the strongest connections with Gensokyo big dogs compared to even great tengus. Mamizou and Suika both dont give a shit about weak youkais and yet they hang out with Aya. And ofc her connection with Reimu and Marisa
- ZUN described Aya's timeout spell as a way to display her speed, and Marisa said its impossible to hit her in that state, and that Marisa cant mimic that spell, assuming its because she cant match her speed. So I'll say she is not bullshitting about her being the fastest. Sakuya obviously lie since she used her power to extend night time in IN and to get rare ingredients(Marisa A EoSD ending)

>> No.39181181

>>39180965
There will be alot of headcanon accumulated over the years but here is my take on Suika.

I don't remember where i read it, but Oni in touhou seem to split into 2 groups - one being "evil" human-hating group that is responsible for all killing/eating and now resides in hell (proper). Ibaraki Douji would be member of that group.
Second being more "neutral" of oni who still hold grudge against humans, but dont patricularly hate them/just want to be left alone. That group resides in old hell and Yuugi and Suika are its representatives.

In my opinion Suika is the first oni who more or less accepted that whatever caused a harsh situation betwen humans and oni wasnt only human fault but equally oni fault. And instead of wailing in misery or being edgelord she decided to go out and mend relations herself, trying to find proper humans to do it.

With her being powerful enough, she probably doesnt fear being castaway as long as she does what she truly believes.

Her difficult relationship with Kasen could be explained by that, with Douji being member of opposing faction (and given what she said in WAHH pretty extreme one) so she perhaps considered that should Suika discover her real identity she would instantly confront her.

>> No.39181244

>>39181181
So in reality if Suika do find out Kasen's true motives they would be buddies right? Kasen currently are on the human's side, clearly opposing Yukari's whatever agenda is, and Reimu deemed her trutworthy enough to not finish her or leak her identity.

>> No.39181261

>>39181137
>- Literally the only youkai with enough ego and confidence to call herself God in her Spellcards
I mean Yuuka declared herself more powerful than the actual strongest (prior to Hecatia): Eiki, before maybe winning, maybe losing
>- Have the strongest connections with Gensokyo big dogs compared to even great tengus. Mamizou and Suika both dont give a shit about weak youkais and yet they hang out with Aya. And ofc her connection with Reimu and Marisa
These don't mean much and you MUST admit that. Literally every name you listed is the name of a friendly and outgoing person who connects with a lot of people. People also notably hate Aya.
>so I'll say she is not bullshitting about her being the fastest.
a human being able to not match a youkai's speed isn't grounds to say they're the fastest.
I do think Aya is probably the fastest known character in the series, but that her boasting doesn't hold much weight, and there's probably several tengu faster than her.

>> No.39181330

>source: Marisa
Kek this one got me

>> No.39181343

>>39181181
to be honest if anything I'd think it the opposite.

We know that pre arm-severing Kasen was a mass murderer, who ate humans and loved it. Her title also refers to her being wicked and deceptive. On the other hand we know that Suika is characterized by not kidnapping humans, despite that basic thing being what all oni are supposed to do, and that for this reason and others she's unusual.
Personally I figure there's a few possible cases of their backstory
a) depends on my head/genuinely canon reading that Kasen's cup makes a person increasingly oni-like, which is portrayed as violent and rude. Kasen's warnings about it feel like a seed to imply she herself became more violent and evil, and pictures of her past and her complete self/arm indicate she was the most blood-soaked oni in the series. So for a) my theory is that Suika set her up to have her arm severed (with the malice sealed within it) as Suika wanted less bloodshed. Kasen is salty about this, even if she now follows the alleged "path of heaven", since it was nonetheless a betrayal (Kasen certainly looks pissed off after being dismembered in the flashback)

b) Kasen is just salty that Suika's leadership led to the Massacre of Mount Ooe. This event is not a "definitely happened" thing, but it is a legend and Suika does reference it in a spell card. Maybe Kasen is still bitter than Suika caused an oni genocide from her laxness, and still hates how carefree Suika is despite that.

c) definitely not, but the: they're ex lovers theory. In some interpretations, Ibaraki and Shuten were lovers. Given ZUN doesn't fiddle with such interpretations ever, I doubt this highly.

Who knows. I subscribe mostly to a, or possibly even a + b somehow

>> No.39181383
File: 3.06 MB, 1355x2000, R3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39181244
Suika never seems to see Kasen as a true enemy, though she doesn't actively help Kasen out in her schemes either. She merely calls Kasen out for those schemes, and lets them transpire. She seems to want to still get along.

>> No.39181422
File: 2.94 MB, 1355x2000, R4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39181383

>> No.39181465

>>39180770
Kasen wishes she was a human.

>> No.39181484

>>39180965
She's one of the few reporters who move outside of Youkai Mountain, so she at least has a special function.
Given here nature though, I wouldn't put it past her to use that fact to her advantage, since very few youkai aside from possibly the Kappa know much about Tengu society. They're an enclave within the enclave that is Gensokyo.

>> No.39181485

>>39181261
>Literally every name you listed is the name of a friendly and outgoing person who connects with a lot of people
They're literally only friendly with high ranking people/youkai unless they get benefits. Mamizou straight up BTFO the snake youkai who is a newbie instead of even bothering to teach him to not cause human troubles, and Suika insulted that chokuboron as third rate youkai. Aya never even come to the flower viewing party Reimu hosted to mix with other youkais, or at least she dont stand out. They only engage with Miyoi because they figure out its easy to use her to have a place to hang out for them as youkais in the middle of Human Village. Aya also has win records in her route in SWR against monsters like Remilia, Sakuya and Reimu, and is the only character who have zero losses against Medicine, who is one of the few characters in PoFV to legit defeated Yuuka. Meanwhile Megumu, a great tengu, is a forgettable character.

>> No.39181570
File: 199 KB, 528x652, zun chad stride.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have you apologized yet?

>> No.39181576

>>39181484
>special function
iirc that aspect of hers is one of the reasons she's looked down upon, it's seen as pointless

it is however why people speculate she's maybe secretly special

>> No.39181592

>nightmare roofie miyoi lecturing someone on what is and isn't safe to ingest
Really ZUN?
>>39181485
>Mamizou straight up BTFO the snake youkai who is a newbie instead of even bothering to teach him to not cause human troubles
Anon that was literally the fastest way to teach a youkai whose first instinct is to fuck with humans that he should not fuck with humans without killing him. She could've just sat by and let him get exterminated (for real).
What is this baby brained way of thinking lol

>> No.39181595

>>39181343
Interesting points but i dont think any of them is spot on.

I really doubt Suika would set up either Kasen defeat or Mount Ooe. She would let them happen sure, but it was mostly by letting Oni do what they wanted and not by intentionally setting them for it.
It just feels incredibly un-Suika to do so. Keep in mind that it was hinted that she is one of few people who know that 1st Lunarian war was set-up by Yukari to get rid of majority troublemaking/man eating youkai and Suika certainly wasnt approving of that method.

Now i could however believe that possibly tired and dissapointed Suika allowed Oni to throw themselves into meatgrinder. That being said, i think that main source of guilt for Suika is that she blames herself that as a leader she allowed things to escalate so far and thats her main motivation to mend human/oni relations.

As for Kasen/Suika relationship i can see it as following. For once its safe to say that Douji and Suika probably weren't close friends and that Douji saw Suika as weak and not onilike. So even after so many years Kasen would inherit those feelings despite seemingly having much more in common now.

But there is much simpler explanation. Kasen if jealous of Suika. Of everything. Those two seem to be polar opposites even now. Suika seems to get over whatever her mistakes of past were and create new future, while Kasen is still haunted.
But more importantly - Suika isnt ashamed to be Oni while being open about her beliefs. She stands pround before Reimu and even participates in setsubun (even tho humans probably thought she is just wearing costume) because she isnt ashamed of who she is.
Now compared to Kasen who even in her "good" form is forced to constantly lie and conceal who she is. Who is clearly ashamed of her past and who she is. Its no wonder that Kasen would simply be jealous (paru paru) of Suika who in her eyes have everything Kasen wants.

>> No.39181596 [SPOILER] 
File: 288 KB, 171x130, 5wlvgf.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39181570
no need, a can of kirin brand beer will always do.

>> No.39181610
File: 603 KB, 640x480, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39181485
>Aya also has win records in her route in SWR against monsters like Remilia, Sakuya and Reimu
You do know that's meaningless right, that's why spell cards exist. Sure I mentioned Yuuka before, but in fairness her boast may have held some wait given the opponent. In SWR Remi and Aya are famously literally playing around.

Mamizou also literally helps children and humans in need. Child youkai in Gensokyo, humans in the outside world (read her profile). Suika hangs out with anyone she wants to. These do tend to be powerful people, however. Reimu literally hangs out with everyone, and so does Marisa.
Megumu was only just introduced but as a great tengu it's easy to assume she's powerful.

>> No.39181640

>>39181592
Or you can, you know, just tell him. Dont said craps like he won't listen, since even Miyoi sense on a whim that she can't win against Mamizou in a fight.

>> No.39181703
File: 280 KB, 708x1103, suika eating kasen's dango.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39180770
>Wtf is with all the plot clash with WaHH? Did we just forget how Kasen absolutely fear beans
In that very same chapter, while Kasen was scared shitless (and Remilia was complaining), Suika was openly playing the role of the oni, implying that she either doesn't get hurt from beans or she simply doesn't care. And this chapter is not about Kasen, it's about Suika. Which is also perfectly in line with what she did back in WaHH, because it also explains it.

>> No.39181709

>>39176707
Why's Mima's kid so butthurt about youkai interacting with humans? Is she Reimu's cut off arm with all her youkai hating and killing feelings?

>> No.39181724
File: 82 KB, 1546x547, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39181595
>it was hinted that she is one of few people who know that 1st Lunarian war was set-up by Yukari to get rid of majority troublemaking/man eating youkai and Suika certainly wasnt approving of that method.
Since when? AFAIK Suika's never remarked on the Lunar War. She's talked of Yukari derisively, but that's all; she was speaking generally.

And I didn't say she possibly set up Mt Ooe. Rather the legend is she and the rest were tricked, which is consistent with Touhou lore too (after being murdered while playing games/in general via trickery, the oni abandoned the surface).

And while yeah I doubt Suika WOULD do certain things, you need to speculate why Kasen is THAT angry with SUIKA but is NOT angry with Yuugi. Like I doubt it would be "you're not oni enough" when Kasen has utterly abandoned almost every one of her oni traits and seems to have a strongly negative opinion on them.

I could indeed see the simple explanation of "can't deal with it" RE Suika's brazenness, though at the same time since that's Yuugi's deal with Suika (jealous of Suika's freedom) albeit Yuugi feels this much less strongly, it'd be a bit odd to repeat that with Kasen.

>> No.39181871

>>39181724
>Since when? AFAIK Suika's never remarked on the Lunar War. She's talked of Yukari derisively, but that's all; she was speaking generally.

My memory is hazy, but i think her refusal to go along with yukari in silent sinner could be interpreted as such (tho it was years since i last read it or any related media).

>And I didn't say she possibly set up Mt Ooe.
Sorry i misread what you wrote. Still i dont really see as any of that would be leadership issue. Suika is surprisngly clever and she would rather sound retreat than let her followers die. So scenario where they go into combat against her would be more likely in my opinion.

I think that Yuugi and Suika still share close friendship, so Yuugi wont have strong feelings againt Suika for returning to the surface.
In a way i could see that Yuugi is mostly mad at herself since she strikes me as person who would see not being able to let go to your grudges as a weakness and probably admires Suika.

But with Kasen....there is one more theory. As you said, Kasen actually enjoyed bloodshed/killings. So its not impossible that SHE and other similar oni were cause of problems as much as lying humans. So perhaps she sees herself as responsible and Suika actually trying to repair the relations herself rubs the salt in Kasens wounds.

Keep in mind - we never really gotten proper motivation why Kasen wants to be good person. Her losing arm and resulting moment of clarity is what stopped her malice, but we dont really know what made her motivated to become better person rather than just distancing herself from all of it. In a way i still stand with idea that she is jealous of Suika who seemingly walks similar path but without same issues.

>> No.39181872
File: 1.58 MB, 1280x720, w3hbp6I.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39181724
btw more head/semi canon you can interpret Yuugi's jealousy to be sourced from her own sense of responsibility. Unless the 4th deva is revealed to be down there, Yuugi is the only remaining leader of the oni who still lives among oni, and in that role while she may not "rule", she seems to be fostering the community.

Of course, Suika had intended to bring oni back to the surface by showing them that life above was fun, but she failed and has seemingly given up on that path.

>> No.39181997
File: 300 KB, 820x1200, silent_sinner_ch01_25.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39181871
>My memory is hazy, but i think her refusal to go along with yukari in silent sinner could be interpreted as such (tho it was years since i last read it or any related media).
She actually was never asked, for whatever reason. In SSiB she appears in 3 panels: 1 is a party "a bunch of characters" shot, the other 2 were Ran saying she asked Suika to join but Suika was too drunk out of her mind to understand the request.
Now I think this was probably true, a joke throwaway from ZUN, but a fun thing to keep in mind is that Suika is an absurdly high functioning drunk: perceptive and keen as anything.

>Suika is surprisngly clever and she would rather sound retreat than let her followers die. So scenario where they go into combat against her would be more likely in my opinion.
So was Shuten, but both Shuten and Suika are something else: huge drunkards. The idea was that they drank together with humans and the brew was made to down oni. This is perfectly in line with Suika's trusting nature (which you can assume was more trusting since the betrayals after this time period caused her to go in hiding for a millennia). She's friends with deceptive people, and though she did abandon humanity, she's the only one to try to mend relations. Mt. Ooe massacre may not be definite canon, but it *could* definitely be canon.

>> No.39182008

>>39181997
>She actually was never asked, for whatever reason
derp old line from a first draft of the post when I'd misremembered the mention as something from Aya near the end. No, it's Ran in chapter 1, and she did invite Suika as I said

>> No.39182124

>>39181485
why do you keep seething about Megumu? this is the second time you kept boosting about Aya only to downplay Megumu. who literally is just a newhu who ZUN is just fond of

>> No.39182175

>>39182124
>just a newhu who ZUN is just fond of
But he didn't do anything with her yet
In fact he still has to give some spotlight to the WBaWC characters

>> No.39182301

>>39182175
>Jyunya: You're fond of Megumu, right?
>ZUN: I am, yeah. After all, she's the Great Tengu I've been hinting at all this time.
i'm not sure why he likes her that much without making her do anything either, but if he says this much, it means he thinks greatly of her at least.

>> No.39182399

>>39182301
Tenma better be a huge deal when she comes out then

>> No.39182412

>>39182301
Ok people are really unfair for Megumu. She exists for less than year with no real major releases for her to appear.

She is de facto mastermind in TH18, and proves able to pull out quite an elaborate scheme (much smarter than "muh mist").

Like i get it, Newhus dont get enough love, but she really didnt have occasion to shine. But for all we know about her, her standing is clearly much higher than Aya and arguably as high as Tengu can be without being Tenma.

>> No.39182418

>>39179818
Raymoooo is waaay too cute in this Manga

>> No.39182556
File: 353 KB, 1426x2047, 1631728587496.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I didn't want to create a new thread, so I'll just use this one.
I lost interest and stopped following 2hu after Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. And only today I accidentally learned that Satori got her own manga. Satori was always my favourite 2hu so I decided to check it out.
Hahaha. What the fuck is this? Why did Zun hire an artist who can't fucking draw? This is barely above Zun's own level. How was this shit even allowed?

>> No.39182642

>>39182556
t.philistine
I wish we could have that gorgeous artstyle back

>> No.39182666

>>39182556
He was getting better, personally I was curious how his drawings were going to evolve but well that's not happening within that series now.

>> No.39182720

>>39182666
she's still drawing doujin works
unfortunately that translation group poached her doujins so you'll have to pay up if you want them in english now

>> No.39182961

>>39182556
>How was this shit even allowed?
Fortunately ZUN changed his mind and got an actually decent artist later on. Of course he got a good excuse to explain it too, it's not like he can say that she was replaced because of how hideous her art was.

>> No.39182974

>>39182961
>and got an actually decent artist later on
That nigga can't even draw faces from different angles without fucking up the proportions.

>> No.39182998

>>39182961
retarded post given ZUN's own artistic ability and the fact that half the time he's worked with other artists they haven't been great (EaLND, WaHH (to begin with), arguably SSiB, himself)

>> No.39183041

>>39182998
>WaHH (to begin with)
Azmaya had stronger fundamentals when it started. The CDS artist couldn't draw backgrounds.

>> No.39183057

>>39183041
Azmaya looked like she was arbitrarily spilling ink onto the page

CDS artist can draw, however she can't draw on a schedule.

>> No.39183122
File: 208 KB, 472x409, chrome_2022-03-28_13-16-09.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39182974
It's cute.

>> No.39183154
File: 889 KB, 1403x2000, wild_and_horned_hermit_ch01_01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39183057
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/wild_and_horned_hermit_ch01
This is arbitrarily spilling ink on the page? I'm not saying she couldn't get to a professional level of skill. I'm saying azmaya was closer to prime time, work ethic aside.

>> No.39183248
File: 650 KB, 1002x755, 2155.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39179818
Why was Suika being a bitch to whale last chapter and when is Reimu not going to be retarded?

>> No.39183313

>>39181137
Tengu society is nepotistic, and Aya's daddy was a plebeian.
no matter how much she tries, she will not rise as Megumu. Aya will die a pauper.

>> No.39183314

>>39182998
They were still way better than Satori manga.
They were drawn by newbies who knew how to draw.
Satori manga is drawn by a newbie who never knew how to draw.

>> No.39183365
File: 86 KB, 823x343, 1524932515709.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39182998
>EaLND
There's nothing wrong with EaLND, it's cute as heck.

>> No.39183620

Reimu had the gall to try shifting the blame to Marisa? What a shitty shrine maiden!
but on another note: are nips and oni so feeble they can't eat too much beans? I eat beans every odd day, and I don't feel stronger or more resilient than an Ogre.

>> No.39184009
File: 116 KB, 276x339, momiji impressed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39181137
Wow... Aya is sooo cool!

>> No.39184391

ZUN is a hack and can't write stories

>> No.39184653

>>39181610
>Mamizou also literally helps children and humans in need.
This is the same person who plot with Suika to make Miyoi agree with them to open up Geidontei late for them, by kidnapping a human and then blackmailing Miyoi by using the human as hostage. Youkais only help human because they are in need of humans, like how SDM is described in PMiSS by a witness, took in injured people and treat them, but you can't just forget the SDM master is the one who terrorised Gensokyo bad enough to cause the Spellcard rule to be drafted, and that she forced the youkais to hand her continuous human supply as food in exchange that she dont attack humans in Gensokyo.

>> No.39184674

>>39184391
your face is a hack lmao

>> No.39185034

>>39183313
>Aya will die a pauper
At least she has friends and won't die a loner like that great tengu!

>> No.39185140

>>39185034
But great Tengu actually has friends. Even if they are lying fox and human centipede.

Aya is hated by everyone, but Momiji and Hatate hate her most.

>> No.39185245
File: 368 KB, 681x900, __shameimaru_aya_.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39185034
>Aya
>Friends

>> No.39185404
File: 1002 KB, 1000x832, momiji kill.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39185140
>Aya is hated by everyone, but Momiji and Hatate hate her most.
Lies, it's just friendly rivalry. Spreading falsehoods on the mountain is punishable by death!

>> No.39185412

>>39185140
No one knows Megumu enough to hate her, Aya is just too popular!
>>39185245
This is slander

>> No.39185488

>>39185404
>>39185412
Daily reminder Aya that you will never score Rainbow Goddess.

And that you will die virgin since even men in human village dont want you.

>> No.39185504
File: 154 KB, 480x535, 1643345693827.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39185488
Megumu can't compete!

>> No.39185530

>>39185504
You will never be a real daitengu Aya. You have no talent, you have no charisma, you have no status. You are a pathetic journo twisted by lies and self-deprecation into a crude mockery of tengu perfection.

>> No.39185927

>>39183314
Again, she does, but whatever sure it's fun to just say things without doing any research and doubling down because ignorance is very cool

>>39183365
There are like several straight unfinished pages from the artist.

>> No.39186374

>>39185488
Ahahahah imagine caring about scoring a reject god. Meanwhile Aya scored the Hakurei shrine maiden, secret God of backdoors and Suzunan as newspaper shop.

>> No.39186582

>>39180859
I'm still waiting for them to add RSS support back. How long has it been? Should I just bite the bullet and go onto their spyware discord to request the feature?
Why did they remove the forum, anyway?

>> No.39186626
File: 390 KB, 538x1500, __yakumo_yukari_yakumo_ran_chen_and_kinnikuman_touhou_and_2_more_drawn_by_dei_shirou__5165518558d0462886a0a977f19b1fd7[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39185927
>she does
She does what? Suck?
Check the latest art on her twitter. She never improved and she never will.
And here's an example of an artist who actually improved by drawing touhou doujinshis.

>> No.39187681
File: 148 KB, 500x500, Marisa_get_out_of_jp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39179818
>y´see
>y'all
Fucking tranny translator, Back to (((R*ddit))) and dilate you fucking mosnter

>> No.39187697

>>39187681
you're blowing a fuse over southern speak? literal hick language?

>> No.39187739
File: 310 KB, 1426x1200, 1400378125680.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39186374
>scored with the shrine maiden
>the one that said she didn't subscribe to her, and that her newspapers are annoying to clean after
Ok Aya time to wake up you have work to do

>> No.39187827

>>39179818
Did zun deliver and make suika mean prejudice and hate when talking about the beans?
Or did he flop

>> No.39187959

>>39184653
>but you can't just forget the SDM master is the one who terrorised Gensokyo bad enough to cause the Spellcard rule to be drafted, and that she forced the youkais to hand her continuous human supply as food in exchange that she dont attack humans in Gensokyo.
We don’t know that, do we? It could be taken that way, or just many vampires chimped out in gensokyo after arriving

>> No.39187993
File: 528 KB, 2400x2000, 1635876040145.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39187739
Reimu is tsundere like that, like how she said she can exterminate Miyoi anytime she wants

>> No.39188099

>>39187959
iirc the scarlets are the only known vampires in gensokyo, especially since when people in gensokyo say "the vampire" they are usually referring to remilia

>> No.39188127

>>39187959
This >>39188099 and Spellcard rules didnt exist until TH6, and it was said in the draft in PMiSS that the rules were decided by the shrine maiden, and Reimu was the shrine maiden during that time.

>> No.39188145

>>39187827
Just read the chapter, and he didn’t.
It was all setup for a pun :(
I wish he touched on it a bit to give more depth to Suika’s character, since it seemed that her actions in the previous chapter were more visceral than what we saw this time around
Sasuga, Zun-sama

>> No.39188289

>>39187959
>>39188099
>>39188127
We know it's Remilia, it's definitely her. That said it's admittedly unclear what Remilia did other than "rampage".

>> No.39188299

>>39188289
wasn't it confirmed that Remilia was the vampire behind the vampire incident in Strange Creators of Outer Worlds?

>> No.39188308

>>39188145
She doesn't really need more depth as a frankly rather depthful character. What people were wondering was her reason for being so salty. This basically doubles down on her being known for caring a lot about humans.

>>39188299
Maybe? I feel like it was confirmed in at least 2 places

>> No.39188313
File: 1.54 MB, 810x1980, 1647992327434.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39187993
Keep telling yourself that Aya, your newspapers are only good for one thing

>> No.39188366

>>39179818
Miyoi being ballsy and not scared for once. Miyoi's lucky she didn't get the needle.

>> No.39188439
File: 505 KB, 646x540, IMG_20220329_125203.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39188313
Sorry Megumu but everyone loves Bunbunmaru

>> No.39188606
File: 461 KB, 568x2035, 20220329_012647.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39188308
>>39188299
Yeah

>> No.39188770

>>39188439
>Sorry Megumu but everyone loves Bunbunmaru
She's complimenting the concept of a newspaper, not bunbunmaru, Aya.

>> No.39188933

>>39188366
I think this is the print work where Reimu is at her most mellowwed state. Although oppposingly, Marisa is the one who finds Miyoi suspicious when she usually is more casual with youkais than Reimu.

>> No.39189623

>>39179818
LMAO that one guy's theory from last thread got completely styled on. Character development my ass, this is Touhou we're talking about

>> No.39191212

>>39187697
Despite using crossie lingo, that anon has a point. Southern accent in Touhou is a retarded thing started by Clarste and it seems the new translators continue this "tradition".

>> No.39191432

>>39188933
It's the only work where she's sincerely apologized to another person. Though, she has said sorry before, albeit rarely

>> No.39191452

>>39191432
Well she did nearly kool-aid everyone.

>> No.39191728

>>39191452
I dont really blame her, how many of us in modern science day even know those beans can be lethal when cooked improperly, let alone Reimu?

>> No.39191825

>>39191728
not me
i only get safe beans thanks to my first world country residence. stupid meiji hicks and their poisonous beans

>> No.39194912

>>39191452
Local miko causes mass poisoning of the human village - forced to pay all her donations in compensation

>> No.39195238

>>39179871
Why is nobody wearing a bra in this manga

>> No.39195792

>>39188308
>What people were wondering was her reason for being so salty.
But it really doesn’t seem justified for a character like suika. Especially not to the extent that she went to (hurling the beans at miyoi)
It would have been nice if the dialogue hinted at it a bit more
It wouldn’t even be that drastic of an addition, as she already understands that Setsubun serves its purpose to keep the oni alive

>> No.39196330

>>39195792
Meanwhile Kasen and Remilia tries really hard to destroy that tradition. Remilia I understand, vampires are a legend even to this day in outside world, plus Remilia is known among Human Villagers in person, so she'll have it easy even with Setsubun not existing. Kasen though, is an oni like Suika, who should need Setsubun to keep the belief in on is alive, and unlike Remilia she hides her identity, and with her power sealed she probably can't even cause an incident to revive the belief in oni of needed.

>> No.39196585
File: 268 KB, 1454x1323, tengu_odoshi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39186374
>"Meanwhile Aya scored the (...) secret God of backdoors"

>> No.39197500

>>39196585
She scored an interview with her, her very goal since the beginning, and Okina even offered to visit the Tengu territory. Aya even make sure the scoop is hers alone by making sure Okina dont let other Tengus interview her. Megumu can have her reject god.

>> No.39197519

>>39197500
Holy cope. Lets be real we all know that precious rainbow cupcake is much better than tranny in the wheelchair.

>> No.39197879

>>39197519
出て来い crossie

>> No.39198972

>>39197879
>come out, crossie

>> No.39199081

>>39191728
Can they even? Potatoes are poisonous but you'd have to eat raw potatoes all day to get sick. Same with other meme poisons like apple seeds and peach cores.

>> No.39199682

>>39199081
>all day
Thats the thing, she tried to run the Setsubun for days like that Ichino Tori thing.

>> No.39200266

>>39195792
>it really doesn’t seem justified for a character like suika
Given Suika is an oni prone to easily provoked violence (in WaHH, she assaulted a bunch of people for not greeting her), getting extremely agitated about Setsubun being disrespected makes a lot of sense.

>> No.39200275

>>39196330
well, Kasen IS trying to become a celestial

>> No.39200772

I want to know more about the giant demon bean.

>> No.39200855

>>39195238
I doubt the concept of a bra even exist at that time, woman just used bandages or something.

>> No.39201010

>>39179871
Suika is one of the few fictional characters i would like get drunk with.

>> No.39201020

>>39200772
Its Rinnosukes Kidney stone thats why Marisa has it.

>> No.39201024

>>39201010
i've never been drunk but i'd do it for suika

>> No.39201028

>>39200772
the forest of magic is a strange place

>> No.39201064

>suika cares about humans and reimu enough to eat a unholy amount of beans
Cute.
Also fucking reimu almost killed a lot of people.

>> No.39201292

>>39200772
Some trash she found that is probably cursed and/or toxic.

>> No.39201689

>>39200266
Yeah, but that was before reimu decided to disrespect the event
Did she really predict reimu to disrespect it, and feed people poorly cooked beans back then? I could see a sagacious character like suika being that clairvoyant about reimu, but it does seem like a stretch

>> No.39201726

>>39201689
she probably knows Reimu well enough to figure that she'd try something like this

>> No.39201751

>>39201689
>Did she really predict reimu to disrespect it, and feed people poorly cooked beans back then?
Reimu extending an event by days is nothing unexpected, and the latter part is more about Reimu being ignorant rather being malicious.

>> No.39202046

>>39201689
Reimu is dense and a fucking retard when it is for shit like money, its easy to see she would fuck something up with the event extension.

>> No.39203837

>>39180444
thats how these whores get your liver

>> No.39204019

>>39181709
Hidden akyuu bloodline

>> No.39204088

>>39186374
Please be kind to Tenkyuu...

>> No.39204148

>>39180770
Kasen ran away from her oni self, before she accepted it at the end of the manga

>> No.39204593

>>39195792
>But it really doesn’t seem justified for a character like suika. Especially not to the extent that she went to (hurling the beans at miyoi)
It's like serving a vampire garlic. Remi would probably act badly even though she's pretty nice. It's not like she hurt Miyoi or anything, she was just insulted Miyoi didn't even consider who she was serving beans to and that she couldn't escape the festivities even in her private bar. Suika was probably feeling like a single on valentines day who was served a drink with two straws because the waiters were too used to doing it all day.

>> No.39206113

>>39179871
PRPRPR

>> No.39207572

>>39200772
Please don't call Marisa's breakfast demonic

>> No.39207852

>>39186582
I guess maintaining a single discord bot is easier than maintaining a whole ass forum

>> No.39208611

>>39204593
going on a date with suika during setsubun!

>> No.39208881

A "good Samaritan" reported MS directly to ZUN last year.

I'm honestly fine with the legally available titles being taken down wherever (even if piracy is l i t e r a l l y harmless (rather it's beneficial), and it's a painfully small number of creators who recognize that) but taking down unavailable works is just a shot in the foot.

>> No.39208925

>>39208881
wait, wrong thread, though I guess it's tangentially related since manga got taken down from MS too

not that I ever got manga from there, and this/Detective Satori are available somewhat free

>> No.39216862

>>39208881
Fully explain why and how it is both harmless and benefitial instead of just stating your opinions like they matter

>> No.39217936

>>39216862
What? Fuck's your problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
https://gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537
https://felixreda.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/displacement_study.pdf
Personal experience due to my games having no marketing but word of mouth. Piracy allowed the title to spread more than it otherwise would have.

>> No.39217950

>>39217936
>>39216862
oh and there has to be an enormous majority of people outside of Japan who would not have bought anything touhou related if not for piracy, as ZUN only began distributing the games online in recent years.

>> No.39220081

>>39217936
>>39217950
My problem is that you just said shit like it was true: now you give me reasons to believe the shit you said.
So thanks.

>> No.39229209

>>39181465
Really? I never got the feeling she was that extreme on that subject

>> No.39229558

>>39182399
Isn't Tenma supposed to be a dude?

>> No.39229625

>>39229558
It's gonna probably a chick unless they're introduced in a side story. Touhou rule after all

>> No.39229650

>>39208925
Plus manga always has a way of getting around. So out of all the stuff it's really the least I'm worried about.

>> No.39231824

>>39189623
sorry for letting you down, anons

>> No.39233159

>>39229558
I don't think it was ever specifically said one way or the other.

>> No.39233212 [DELETED] 
File: 119 KB, 769x1199, le fucking stupid, moronic, retarded, dumb whale.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39233159

>> No.39233227

>>39188770
And theres only one newspaper in Gensokyo you know what that means!

>> No.39234379

>>39233227
>And theres only one newspaper in Gensokyo you know what that means!
Aya, oh Aya. Counting is not your strong suit.

>> No.39238096

>>39231824
Don't blame yourself anon. Blame ZUN. This is literally his fault

>> No.39248564

>>39231824
Letting people down is the norm. You'll get used to it. Don't feel bad.

>> No.39249022
File: 170 KB, 768x576, 1374224502576.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39234379

>> No.39249145
File: 943 B, 289x43, .png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39249022
oh cheer up.

>> No.39249401
File: 379 KB, 1195x1220, 1648571484988.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39249145
cute

>> No.39251205

>>39248564
Maybe for you.

>> No.39263636 [DELETED] 

>>39179818

>> No.39265437

>>39179818
How good is this manga compared to all the others that came out?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action