[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 205 KB, 485x600, 1641170192641.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
38552633 No.38552633 [Reply] [Original]

Why are western Touhou fans so unfunny? 10 years of "Sakuya pads, Reimu poor, Yukari 17, Cirno 9 strongest etc" have really made me despise the western community at large. For the most part I try to keep my Touhou-related interactions limited to the Japanese side and only periodically visit /jp/. What made them this way? Why are they incapable of coming up with anything new? It's genuinely baffling to witness people laughing at the same jokes for over a decade without a hint of self awareness.

>> No.38552670
File: 110 KB, 800x600, 2A49A32C-2CAE-4CA8-8F06-DC76C48CCE8A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38552633

>> No.38552949

>>38552633
it boils down to a general hatred of anything new and the inability to create

>> No.38553260

>>38552949
Sounds like /jp/

>> No.38553970

>>38553260
There isn't much difference between /jp/ and the general audience in the west. If anything, it has to do with creating something most people will like or enjoy. It doesn't necessarily mean they can't create something. It's the small things people miss, and are dismissed over menial stuff. If you huddle around artists or cosplayers, you can find nice little communities, but that's about it. I doesn't change the fact that the same inane jokes will pop up every once in a while. While it might come off as someone new trying to fit in, it's still there. That's what most people see first if they do even the bare minimum amount of research on the series.
Going on a tangent here, but I find it disappointing on a personal level. Some good characters are stuck with shit memes from the late 00s or whenever they debuted and that's what most people will remember them for. As for some jokes, some can point to the popularity at the time bringing them to light. I wouldn't say they're wrong either since it's not at the level it once was. Even something like EoSD in a shellnut from sirpelo who has videos averaging millions won't have much of an effect on the overall influence the older works have. That doesn't go to mention that the popularity helped some characters that wouldn't be known otherwise to have even just a few followers and dedicated fans.

>> No.38554358

I've only seen people like that in Youtube comments since that audience is the most likely to watch all the older fanmade content that pushed for those memes (IOSYS I love you but please), thus repeating it like a broken record.
Be the change you want to see, plant memes and become a mastermind.

>> No.38554608

Oh anon, wait until you see how fucking awful the "touhou memes" are on YT

>> No.38554652

>>38552633
The only western Touhou fanom I consistently see is all the people Fumo posting.
It's sometimes hard to imagine that Touhou actually exists outside of that.

>> No.38555395

>>38552633
Why do you think Youmu saying "dicks" is better than western memes?

>> No.38555452

>>38554652
It's due to the meme spreading on Twitter and YouTube that gave its popularity in the west. Personally I don't like fumos and I would feel bad about myself buying them

>> No.38555515

>>38553970
>There isn't much difference between /jp/ and the general audience in the west.
Coming from someone who gets at most indifference to things like >>38554608 , anons on /jp/ can easily be the hardest to please (if they even wish to be), the most vocal about it, and the most grating and pedantic I've come across. Though I will say it hasn't gotten particularly worse since I first got into touhou first around 2010 or so on this board, just different flavors and intensity over time.

I mostly just chalk it up to /jp/ being the discussion/image space of last resort for plenty of people who make OC or are newbies, and the only (fast-ish) discussion space of any resort for either those who can't get satisfaction out of an explicit community where they hold a name and where people may be overly friendly with one another, or those who get gatekept out of such places for being unreasonable in one way or another that makes them fail to meet their standards. Regardless of their superiority or correctness of how they enjoy touhou. Hardly just a touhou thing, but it's a pretty strong split here given how long touhou has been around and how many people wore it on their chest at some point.

Also, the only time I am called out for this with "go back" or have some irrelevant and usually incorrect label is when I bring this up, or when I state some take that gives a fair shake to zoomer fans or some other fanbase, or new art/trends, etc. . Apparently, I blend in every other time I post despite not changing my style - I just strike a unfortunately predictable trigger point in one of many anons no matter how inoffensively and considerately I make the point. Which is a chilling effect on possible OC and subtopics unless you really don't care about getting an instinctual, uncritical, and uninteresting "stop posting" half of the time.

>>38554652
For me it's seems like the total Western creative output is like a fraction of Chinese or Korean touhou scenes, but it is present.
Another thing is that unless you go to anime conventions you're not going to see it represented IRL here, and the lack of a physical offline doujin culture in the Americas for the most part means most OC is opaquely produced online in small, often unconnected groups. Kantai Collection and idolm@ster are similar.

>> No.38555584
File: 111 KB, 270x423, Dafug.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555452
>Personally I don't like fumos
>and I would feel bad about myself buying them
...why would anyone in the world buy a fumo (or a funko pop or beanie baby or pokemon cards or whatever) if they dislike it from the get-go?
Even if they are just buying them because they like collecting things they think look cute, which I personally think is vapid, they're still getting SOMETHING out of it.
I would also feel kind bad for you if you disliked something that you get nothing out of but buy it anyway.

>> No.38555612

as someone who doesn't know much about touhou, i want to see your best touhou memes.
please post some

>> No.38555663
File: 172 KB, 480x512, ビッグ・ユユコ.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555612

>> No.38555699
File: 129 KB, 384x658, 1615411052645.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555612

>> No.38555713

>>38555584
I think you misunderstood me. I don't buy fumos. I feel like the vendors are taking advantage of Touhou fans by selling them overpriced plushies and I don't want to buy them for that reason. I'd feel a lot worse about myself after buying a fumo. I would feel like I became a slave to consumerism.

>> No.38555726
File: 681 KB, 560x315, 1640543364826.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38552633
The gay ceo would like to have a word with you

>> No.38555750
File: 489 KB, 1280x1757, cirno hells kitchen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555612

>> No.38555776

>>38552633
4chin faggots are unfunny in general.
Their sense of humour boils down to watching people scream "nigger".

>> No.38555977

>>38555713
Nope, I think I understood you completely.
I did not assume you have, or will ever buy a fumo based upon your stated dislike of them. Pretty reasonable, don't care enough to get one myself.
I included "(or a funko pop or beanie baby or pokemon cards or whatever)" specifically because those all have their original fans which inspired many to collect and hoard many of them, they are massively overvalued compared to their production costs.
But if people find them to be worth paying for for reasons which I find unappealing like collecting or hoarding, but rather a general mentality as being a consumerist, like you said. I'm pretty sure that's not just a fumo thing for them. Or something that one should be branded for just for, say, buying a single ran fumo because they like ran, they like plushies, they find it cute, and the price doesn't break their bank.

You just come off with the vibe that, even if others liked one or something and could afford no problem, that they are committing some egregious affront by buying it even though it was a willing transaction between parties beyond your control. Neither the buyer or the seller are getting a displeasure from this transaction - you hypothetically would.

>> No.38555995

>>38555776
Link a single thread on this board where that is the only shtick.

>> No.38556079

>>38555995
Learn how to read, I said "in general", not "on this board".

>> No.38556111

>>38556079
That's my point. Most boards are not an average representation of the site in general.
If this board was where that was most of the humor or topics, I wouldn't browse it out of disinterest.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

>> No.38556304

>>38555515
>I mostly just chalk it up to /jp/ being the discussion/image space of last resort...meet their standards
Tell me, apart from here, where can one hold a discussion on touhou in the anglo speaking part of the web?
Discord, hard to get a serious discussion going, if on a large public server even if you do manage to get one going it will soon be derailed by a random 12 year old posting some random shit memes just for the sake of derailment.
Reddit, is terrible for any sort of discussion. Upvote cultism, sub famous fags and retards that want to become sub famous make it shit for organic discussion. The majority of users will stick to the dominant view on there, and even beyond that most posts are of very low quality, the written equivalent of uhms and errs.
Twitter, shit for discussion but plenty of OC posting. Due to the layout its extremely annoying to find said OC if its older than a few days/weeks.
Forums, forums are mostly dead, their post speed pales in comparison to here, even after a bunch of touhou users ditched /jp/ when the vt flood happened.

>> No.38556361

>>38556079
What's your point? /jp/ isn't /b/ /pol/ /v/ etc, it doesn't have the edgelord shits that think "hehe, niggers trannies jews" repeated ad nauseum, for almost a decade at this point, is the pinnacle of comedy. In fact, /jp/ is very opposed to that type of posting, they get reported and deleted. Same thing applies to /a/, where wojaks and frogs are banned on sight, usually within half an hour, tho /a/ has its own share of issues, with shitty general threads and dumb bait threads repeated constantly.
4chan isnt some sort of homogenous blob

>> No.38556412

>>38556304
Public conversation here, private would be Discord, IRC, and occasionally IRL for me. The Discord example you give never happened to me, but I also don't use large public servers. Just a few smallish temporary-invite servers dedicated to niche interests, including touhou (and even cookie), over the years. Not super fast but unless you're sitting around waiting for a response I think the flow is pretty ok.

I don't use reddit for discussion and I mainly agree with the commenting feature not benefiting linear casual discussion, but as a content aggregator I find it works okay for that if you're actually in a subreddit for content you enjoy. Years and years ago after browsing /jp/ only I tried /r/touhou and used it on-off for like a year. Didn't really hold my interest. Never had an issue with comments when I made a few, usually just only when I had something substantial to contribute and it would get a few upvotes. Just not my thing, probably others.
I just have a Twitter account to rip artist uploads for the most part, use either boorus or pixiv if they are viable instead.

I guess I lurk futaba and 5ch's touhou boards as well, but more just a weekly thing.

Probably other alternatives out there to I've never needed to link into, and my Japanese and Chinese are good enough to use communities in those languages if I so cared.

>> No.38556438

>>38552633
Most of them are 16

>> No.38556647

>>38555699
I love this one so much

>> No.38557660

>>38552633
they're fumo posting neo-secondary redditfags, ignore them

>> No.38557741

I don't see the old memes anywhere. I see shitty forced "memes" and attention whoring. The "memes" are usually exaggerated mmd shorts, cookie, or a combination of two. Fumoposters are the best part of it, there is something cute about them actually.

Stop getting your dopamine injects from memes. It's not effective.

>> No.38557766
File: 500 KB, 1280x720, 1560019976796.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38557741
It's truly shit for the most part. Some creators still have a bit of soul left.

>> No.38558010
File: 19 KB, 786x399, received_124733699818659.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38552633
>Why are western Touhou fans so unfunny? 10 years of "Sakuya pads, Reimu poor, Yukari 17, Cirno 9 strongest etc" have really made me despise the western community at large.
Boy you really haven't been keeping up with the "western community"
Those were all japanese started anyway.

If you want to see the real dregs of western 2hu community, it's all "deep fried" cirno fumos and mspaint nazrin ratposting. Also a bunch of actual political psychos co-opting >>38555726 because of rainbows, and other related lunacy makes talking in any recent community a minefield of pronouns. God the stories I have of trying to find any last bit of sanity just to have someone to talk cute girls and bullets with.

>> No.38558663

>>38555995
JAV thread, DJT thread, and Hololive thread if you count sea-nigger.

>> No.38558882

>>38558663
I mean sure that is a go-to insult for regulars when they get into a spat and have nothing better to say.
I think having no substantial topical discussion is more indicative of uninteresting bores, just calling people slurs is a symptom of it. I'm talking more like the cases where barely anyone in those threads are discussing either JAV, Hololive, or the Japanese language outside of tangents. Hololive and JAV usually get it as like a tangential post or three every so often between a bunch of topical (but not necessarily interesting) posts, with occasional derails.
The DJT gets into that most often, often daily for extended periods, and it's mainly just dumb drama between guidemakers and people who seem to have been talking about learning it rather than learning it for years. Which is dumb, but I get it. I learned Japanese using those resources and there really isn't much reason to use the general after getting what you need unless you want to argue over guides and blog about your progress, it gets a lot of potential lurkers from the popularity of learning japanese, and nature abhors a vacuum.

>> No.38558919
File: 59 KB, 678x452, 77393143_153063489378376_9194281162502045696_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555612

>> No.38559028

>>38558010
>If you want to see the real dregs of western 2hu community, it's all "deep fried" cirno fumos and mspaint nazrin ratposting.
What I don't get is how those kinds of things really induce offense in people instead of disinterest at worst.
There's clearly no intention by the makers to offend anyone, they are just using concepts and characters in another variation of non-canon with an entirely different context for the characters than most people here became familiar with, often just as a template basically. If there is no substance behind their content than it shouldn't have anything of substance to hate. I guess unless you somehow expect others to respect your own interpretation and seriousness for media you enjoy.

>> No.38559247
File: 512 KB, 1076x1514, SmartSelect_20211009-153537.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38559028
>What I don't get is how those kinds of things really induce offense in people instead of disinterest at worst.
For the same reason OP is tired of PAD PAD PAD, CAVED XD, and whatnot.
It's shallow stale regurgitation except this time there's not even a hint of characterization.
It's not even remotely touhou related or themed except in image.

I can't even think of a suitable analogy other than maybe trying to talk to someone who has a band t-shirt on and they have no idea who the people on the shirt even are, they just really like the shirt.

>> No.38559363
File: 130 KB, 500x500, __patchouli_knowledge_touhou__7437b8bc7b9dfa133c887cd9b0fcddb3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38552633
>try to keep my Touhou-related interactions limited to the Japanese side
What do Japanese people think is funny today? Without any examples of nu-touhou humor, this thread looks like a butthurt-bait.

>> No.38559426
File: 101 KB, 560x349, trash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38559028
Fumo posting is rather inoffensive, what gets on my nerves are the little shits that only repost shitty fumo memes then go ahead and call themselves touhou fans. They are the newest breed of shitty secondary, we might as well call them tertriaries considering how far they are from the actual series.
They only post cookie and fumo stuff, they don't interact with the series in any way. The other day i was recommended a video by youtube, with a title along the lines of "touhou fans when rain", and it was someone dodging an easy len'en spellcard, fucking len'en. They couldn't even use an actual touhou game, ffs colourful weather typhoon is a thing, but they couldn't even use that.
That is the mainstream western community, a bunch of tetriaries mimicking each other

>> No.38559493
File: 1.02 MB, 2078x1374, 1644496849901.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38559363
>What do Japanese people think is funny today?
Gyate mostly
There's still the absolutely psychotic Cookie fandom still hanging on too.

>> No.38559612

>>38559247
>I can't even think of a suitable analogy other than maybe trying to talk to someone who has a band t-shirt on and they have no idea who the people on the shirt even are, they just really like the shirt.
I agree with that analogy, nice.
But again, I wouldn't perceive it as a slight to me or what I stand for in any way worth concerning myself, because the person with the t-shirt values that t-shirt in the context of fashion. There is no value judgement on the band because it was never considered in the first place.

If we flip it around, it would be like you owning a movie soundtrack without ever watching the movie just because you like the band. One day, when giving some friend of a friend a lift, they see it in your car and start happily asking you about your thoughts on the movie, with them really loving the director, actors, plot, etc. with only a token concern for the band you like in the context of the movie. First time seeing, and you're probably not going to see them again. First impressions.
Would it be reasonable for him to take your preexisting disinterest in the movie as a personal offense to his intense love of the film?

>> No.38559632

>>38559426
>The other day i was recommended a video by youtube, with a title along the lines of "touhou fans when rain", and it was someone dodging an easy len'en spellcard, fucking len'en
Well just imagine if it was ESCHATOS

>> No.38559665

>>38559028
I wouldn't dislike those kind of memes if I didn't see the same "deep fried anime character" or "mspaint anime character" in every other fandom. You just get tired of seeing it.

>> No.38559762

>>38559632
ESCHATOS? is that a youtube channel? I would search for it but the likely result would be "final" in Greek

>> No.38559802

>>38559762
An STG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzw1IwHB0vk
Gameplay is OK, OST is pretty great, but twice I've ran into people who assumed ZUN of all people was behind it. Probably just because it is an STG with a famous OST.

>> No.38559911

>>38559802
Ah, how would someone even think that is a ZUN game? Only explanation I can think of is they haven't seen any gameplay beyond maybe challenge runs

>> No.38559951
File: 34 KB, 402x507, 1571714582023.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555612
>>38555663
e/b/in

>> No.38560033

>>38559363
>What do Japanese people think is funny today?
-Dinohus
-Pasting Kanmari eyes on random, unrelated shit
-Kogasa bullying
-A worrisome increase on H*rseposting
-A worrisome increase on vt*berposting

>> No.38560190

>>38559911
Much more simple: not knowing any other STG maker or being familiar with any game and having nothing else to go on.

>> No.38560206
File: 130 KB, 635x665, 1615494217941.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38559802
incredibly perplexing that some would even think this was made by ZUN
I mean, I like touhou for its long running tradition, wide worldbuilding and open-ended for interpretations, but when it comes to gameplay and fidelity, touhou gets btfo by anything with a modicum of effort.
Like that transition from top-down to a more angled forward view has already surpassed everything in Touhou

>> No.38560282

Oh shit I made that "rape jokes are funny" edit years ago. I feel old

>> No.38560412

>>38552633
thats just 2009 /jp/
https://www.touhou-project.com/jp/res/226131.html

>> No.38560449
File: 23 KB, 159x148, 1644550009531.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Пачи
It's a russian pic, lol.

>> No.38560491

>>38560412
https://www.touhou-project.com/jp/res/345111.html
meant to post this but that works too

>> No.38561115

There is nothing that says "western Touhou memes" to me more than PerlDrop's channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/PerlDrop/videos

>> No.38561196
File: 309 KB, 1500x1500, FICboPFaUAEEs0l.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38552633
>Why are western Touhou fans so unfunny?
Friendly reminder that you whiny niggers are western and unfunny.
>>38555776
>people scream "nigger"
Whoa, bro, you're so witty and mature, you don't laugh at people screaming "nigger"!

>> No.38561306

Western Touhou is molded by the surrounding Internet environment rather than by Touhou itself. In this form, it is all but replaceable with any other franchise. Not to say that this is exclusive to the Western community, but this is the picture it generally tends to paint for itself.
The current Internet environment being one of absurdity & brevity, you could argue it clashes with the values other people may associate with Touhou, whether it be the commitment & challenge leaing to a well deserved reward that the games provide, the genuine passion that goes into making various projects, no matter the scope, or the relative peace grounded in ancient Japan, riddled with incidents yet manages to bring a feeling of serenity, or the opposite if you wish to see it as such. It's not that humor doesnt have its place, but to see Touhou be reduced as a tool for it may make some people sad.

>> No.38561349
File: 3.77 MB, 1385x2173, who likes this shit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38561115
Jesus man, this is rancid. How can anyone find this stuff enjoyable? I don't get it. Discord meme culture really seems to be a case of post random thing enough times for people to start reposting, irregardless of quality

>> No.38561368

>>38561349
You have to be a young teen to get it I guess

>> No.38561421
File: 156 KB, 320x320, 1626822240887.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38552633
>Why are western Touhou fans so unfunny
because most of them are stupid and think that they're better than everyone

why did you feel the need to make this thread? you can seriously just look at the bastadization of fumo's on why they're awful

>> No.38561462

>Yukari 17
isn't this a nip meme?

>> No.38561583

>>38552633
>Reimu poor, Yukari 17, Cirno 9 strongest
Don't the Japanese still joke about those things?

>> No.38561591

>>38561349
a lot of discord kiddies like that shit.

>> No.38561634

>>38561591
The official Discord group for the era games wiki would love it even more than the zoomers

>> No.38562066
File: 95 KB, 708x630, 1621969561166.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555612

>> No.38562774

>>38562066
You know for years I intentionally reuploaded cookie videos, with subs when I could, on here and youtube because I had the feeling if it ever caught on outside of Japan/Korea/China, people would use the bluescreens and other material without any context.
In retrospect, I've realized only a very small subset of weebs could possibly give a flying fuck about cookie in its original context, and as time goes on it will just be even less.
Such cases.

>> No.38562828

Twitter touhou fan just a few days ago had a massive spergout about Miko claiming she has canonically trans and disagreeing with that was transphobic. They also freaked out about the loli Junko in Lost Word. They are genuinely the most cancerous Touhou group I've ever seen.

>> No.38562831

I'm not upset btw, I mean if people are sharing obviously had some fun with NYN姉貴 , good on them.

>> No.38562863

Thing: bad
Thing japan: good

>> No.38562891

>>38562831
they dont even know cookieshit, its just le funny rat girl

>> No.38562919

>>38552633
>Why are western Touhou fans so unfunny? 10 years of "Sakuya pads, Reimu poor, Yukari 17, Cirno 9 strongest etc" have really made me despise the western community at large.
you really think the japanese fans aren't still using these memes too?

>> No.38562968

>>38562891
I mean, so?
What is the relevance of cookie to them in this case? Even I have the common sense to know that cookieshit would be just unfunny to 99.9% of them if you bothered to tell them when they post stuff like this.

>> No.38563105
File: 79 KB, 1500x1292, gold_star.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38562863
I'm actually impressed:
I agree with that statement for almost anything, but in all the years (2-3?) it's been around you are the first person I've seen to use it in regards to something that categorically has no equivalent outside of Japan.

Also good on you for typing it out. Most people wouldn't even bother if they couldn't post the image.

>> No.38563202

>>38562828
Please ,can we just have one strong female character without troonifcation...
Fuck is wrong with gachafags?
>>38562891
Cookie is already meme shit anyway, isn't it?

>> No.38563263

>>38563105
This is a thread crying about the western fanbase while praising the japanese. What more do you want?

>> No.38563283

>>38562828
>>38563202
Hey
Both of you
What that is so valuable about a single twitter fan of something posting one of a multitude dumb, hot takes that you need to make sure their word is heard by us?

>> No.38563320

>>38563283
Because this has been a statement made by "fans" since Ten Desires release and it hasn't been let down since then
But complaining about western fandoms becoming more of the same shit you see in the political sphere is just delusions am I right my fellow TooHoo fans

>> No.38563358

>>38561115
Fuck that guy

>> No.38563390

>>38552633
Why are /v/tards so hankering for an argument?

>> No.38563477

>>38563358
Do you know who he is?

>> No.38563480

>>38563263
Easy test:
Remove Japan from the world before the Meiji era. Is there an equivalent of whatever people are weebing out about?

Countryside, like the original image? Sure
Trains? Sure
Motorvehicles? Sure
Workers and Civic Duty? Sure
Animation? Sure
Computer Games? Probably significantly different form and times of development, but there would have been some emergence if the market was there and technology developed accordingly.
STGs? Possibly not in any recognizable form, but again given enough time it could have emerged.
Doujin Scene? Probably not, it's only recently that it's had anything comparable outside of japan given different club publishing strategies and copyright laws and enforcement.
Touhou Project? Almost certainly not in whatever timeline you happen to end up on.

I am not splitting hairs there, it's categorically something that's a product of Japanese Otaku Culture only.
That's not saying it's good or bad, but there's no equivalent if you exclude Japan.

>> No.38563522

>>38563480
>Doujin Scene? Probably not, it's only recently that it's had anything comparable outside of japan given different club publishing strategies and copyright laws and enforcement.
Doujin scene exists for western works and western (doujin) comics, you just don't follow it because you don't care.

>> No.38563541

>>38563522
Well to be fair they don't even call their stuff doujin, they call them fanzines, so it might be harder for people to find western works if they don't know the term

>> No.38563635

>>38563522
Specifically in the USA I know at least of:
1. Fanart exhibitions at conventions where people can sell it, usually much more restrictive terms in both copyright and obscenity, like at Comic-Con and of course smaller venues with more dedicated artist presence.
2. Fanzines through the mail, which was especially popular for furry back in the day but probably more restricted variants. And I say this knowing japan mail-order doujin as well. And online today, but kind falls under:
3. In some form, I would say sites like Patreon, Fantia, dl-site, etc. serve a doujin-like function that Westerners can use to commission and support their hobby. Feel free to disagree.

I've been to comic conventions in the USA, Japan, and Taiwan, and the aspects of the latter two are much more alike and related than the conventions in the USA.

But regardless, my point more was that doujin scene is one of a series of particular developments which made Touhou Project categorically something that's a product of Japanese Otaku Culture only.
No Japan, nothing that appeals to touhou fans in West today like touhou by a wide margin.

>> No.38563650

>>38563283
Because this is a thread about complaining of the western fans?

>> No.38563740 [DELETED] 

>>38563541
>>38563635
Do you count webcomics as doujin? They used to have a large scene. For an example, would you could Penny Arcade as doujin and PAX being similar to Reitaisai?

>> No.38563750

>>38563541
>>38563635
Do you count webcomics as doujin? They used to have a large scene. For an example, would you count Penny Arcade as doujin and PAX being similar to Reitaisai?

>> No.38563775

>>38563480
>>38563635
Anon, that's really cool and all but OP is literally crying about western fans spouting old memes while the same thing being done in japanese is ok. There is no deeper message about culture here. I mean what kind of world is he living in where pixiv isn't filled with Reimu being poor? All new western stuff is automatically ignored too or labeled bad for no reason other than it being made in the west.

>> No.38563900

>>38563320
Oh no it is very real, someone you will probably never directly interact with, if even know beyond a handle, is freely expressing dumb takes on an account only they control on a platform that will likely defend that speech if challenged.
So there's no feasible way for the layman to "do something about that" directly, at least as long as the poster has a bit of thick skin and it's not a hill for you to die on. Kind of like my post, but I don't even use a name.

So for most people, like myself, you got a few choices on how to respond:
1. Make private or mostly-private groups of like-minded people to discuss these things so the dissonance doesn't emerge . Don't expect this on 4chan, but I get decent satisfaction in other spaces, usually pretty small. This is how humans normally form a sanity check unless you can:
2. Ignore it when you see it. Even on 4chan, as long as someone isn't going out of their way to import that drama where otherwise I would never have even known or cared, I ignore it. Like if someone said the same thing here. It's dumb, but there's no rule against being dumb here unless it's clearly not a take people genuinely possess. And there's a lot of dumb takes.I either take it or leave it unless I cannot do either and must:
3. Vent about it. Make sure that your inconsolable, though valid, frustrations take up as much space in the heads of others as is possible as a form a validation. Doesn't shut people up or change anything on the other space, but at least the people in this space also feel bad and trigger-happy about it in case they hadn't already.
4. Become a hermit from the internet. I actually visit a friend often who did just that, worked out for them. Maybe I will someday, who knows.

>> No.38563912

>>38563775
Yeah, re-reading OP you got a point.

>> No.38564250

>>38563775
yeah, i wish people wouldn't go on these loooooong fucking tangents and essays about culture and the internet, OP is literally just saying that he doesn't find touhou memes funny.
why would it be any different for the japanese? discussion about the same topic will remain the same unless the topic changes.

>> No.38564308

>>38561196
Undisputed Winner of this thread

>> No.38564322

>>38559426
>They only post cookie, they don't interact with the series in any way
What's wrong with this? Cookie is secondary to Inmu, not Touhou, and is considered to be detached from Touhou as a whole nowadays in Japan. It's only Western Cookie and Touhou fans who continue to correlate the two.

>> No.38564334

>>38555395
Because it's funny.

>> No.38564342

>>38564322
Can't be related to both, but to different degrees?
Like it's not black and white, it's just that touhou as a fandom collectively moved on a long, long time ago.

>> No.38564426

>>38564342
The pioneers and majority of Cookiefags has always been Inmufags, many of who have not touched anything Touhou related in their lives and the Touhou fandom "moved on" because they never associated with Cookie in the first place and had an entire fandom drama telling Cookiefags to leave actual Touhou content alone.

>> No.38564450

>>38561196
>Friendly reminder that you whiny niggers are western and unfunny.
The reality is that the only difference between Nu-neo /jp/ and your average Touhou discord is that /jp/ has more vtuber threads.

>> No.38564463

>>38564426
You're probably right, just basing it on my anecdotal experience since I was included in easter and most almost everyone who was included, including japanese contributors, had at least a passing interest in non-seiyuu, non-voice drama touhou project.

>> No.38564706

>>38564463
Considering MajorMilk is a Touhou fan, it's not surprising Touhou fans would be more drawn to participating but I assumed he purposefully recruited people unaware of Cookie and Inmu for Easter.

>> No.38564877

>>38563750
Indie comics ≠ Self published doujin
It's like comparing an indie game like Hotline Miami to some randoms game on itch.io
I'd compare them more to something like zines anarchists make only instead of political statements it's anime girls making out
>>38564250
Some people really should just make a blog, it's not worth going by each point one by one

>> No.38565176
File: 361 KB, 720x405, SCUM AND SHIT.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38552633
This has started when mexicans, mental illness, trannies from discord, basedcuck from reddit and this motherfucker,these pieces of shit are the ones that force the normies to arrive, every beginner who wants to really know touhou will unfortunately run into these scum that always misunderstand the message and the characters of touhou, as you can see, more mexicans skinshit, post meaningless images, the The first solution to this problem is to block the IPs of Mexico and then boycott Mr Pelo's son of a bitch, if we really want a change

>> No.38565245
File: 130 KB, 310x528, What.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>38565176
Is this a bait post or are you really that much of a delusional newfag?

>> No.38565248

>>38564877
Why do you make that distinction though? Are you sure it's a reasonable distinction to make?

>> No.38565317

>>38565248
One can have funding and published through a smaller company and the other is literally printed from their own pocket and makes little profit compared to the costs so there is a fair distinction to make.
You can apply this to other crafts or hell even "small businesses". There's big differences on how these things are made and the terms got muddied since everyone wants to portray themselves as the little guy.

>> No.38565359

>>38552633
Part of the thing too is that a lot of western fandom (especially EOP's) especially latches on to the damn "everybody in gensokyo is le gay xDDDDDD" shitty meme. There's no issue with writing fanfiction/doujin using characters in relationships (or whatever you wanna write no one gives a fuck), but the problem i have is that westerners (especially) will use Touhou as a way to self insert into these weird idiotic headcanons, and the second anyone says anything to the contrary, they dismiss you as "trans/homo/fuckingwhever-phobic". It's impossible to have any discussion with western fans because they accept their shitty headcanons as fact and the second you steer any conversation away from that you get accused of gatekeeping or some other fucking buzzword. This is all observation over the last 13 years being into otaku culture in general. I saw a lot of above during the few years i was on tumblr, and ever since that porn ban all these fucking disgusting secondaries have migrated to other platforms forcing their nonsense onto everyone else.

>> No.38565447

>>38564706
Yeah, that's a fair take based on my experiences.
I don't doubt your perspective, but can you link some Japanese places to read up on the particulars? Just curious.

>> No.38565465

>>38565176
Man you were really waiting to grind that axe

>> No.38565683

>>38565447
Here is one from NND: https://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E3%82%AF%E3%83%83%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E2%98%86%E2%98%86%E2%98%86 and searching up the terms "クッキー" and "東ク独立戦争" should give more results but they all basically say the same thing.

>> No.38565733

>>38565176
pelo...

>> No.38565805

>>38564706
i miss talking to majormilk. feels like that era of /jp/ is gone now

>> No.38565830

I think is wrong when anyone haves a different opinion than the general consensus.

>> No.38565838

>>38565805
Eh, he's still around actually. I imagine if you make an Easter thread he'd hop in some time.

>> No.38565848

>>38565838
i mean that era more specifically, but he was pretty cool on some things. helped introduce me to gachi and inmu. shame both scenes have tapered off in a way

>> No.38565883

>>38565848
Yup, found him pretty swell to work with compared to the vast majority of people. Pretty reasonable dude.
Normally I'd have no reason to link this, but here's something he was up to recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYoRZCRqWVk
Enjoy I guess.

>> No.38566048
File: 395 KB, 500x500, 1640873988566.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38565883
thanks anon

>> No.38566176

>>38566048
No problem
Again, he's a pretty productive and reasonable dude despite the atmosphere of cookie in its early years or easter.
If you have a need to reach out to him, just explain yourself and be amicable.

>> No.38566252

>>38566048
Go fuck yourself vtumor

>> No.38566260

>>38566252
you know i was actually kind enough to keep a conversation going

>> No.38566365

>>38552633
>western
>10 years of "Sakuya pads, Reimu poor, Yukari 17, Cirno 9 strongest etc" have really made me despise the western community at large.

schizophrenic strawman egocentric projecting its down syndrome cant even begin with this individual

the west doesnt exist. enjoy ur cancer

>> No.38566400

>>38566252
No no, he's quite fine.
It's just a reaction image of happiness
Were you a part of the conversation? No party in it had a problem.

>> No.38566418

>>38566260
>>38566400
Vtumor shit doesn't belong on /jp/. Don't you have some twitch chick to donate thousands to while she fucks her boyfriend?

>> No.38566433
File: 1007 KB, 350x400, 1617462682125.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38566418
if you're still upset at an image, then why are you here? honest to god, the 2hu community acts far worse than the vtuber one at times. the west sucks on both ends, why can't we agree on that?

>> No.38566597

>>38566418
Nah, I'm with this guy
You most certainly can, but could please waste our time patrolling topical subjects.
Maybe make a 8ch or endchan board?
I'd visit it at least once.

>> No.38566610

>>38566597
*not waste our time patrolling topical subjects

>> No.38566755

>>38565317
Why are webcomics indie comics to you and not doujin comics though? They aren't funded or published through companies.

>> No.38566813

>>38566755
I had assumed Penny Arcade was funded through a company or something, not everyone knows of a certain series
The general point still stands thogh

>> No.38566866

>>38566755
Western webcomics?
Oftentimes either none (like Patreon people, or a nominal company which is easy to found in anglostates at least.

>> No.38566903

>>38566755
Also actually up until the 2010s webcomics were often actually just done free. Basically the webcomic producer would let another site host their work indefinitely with some-to-no-incentive, or the creator would make a site and sell advert space. I tihnk MSPaintAdventures worked like the latter until Hussie sold out.

But these days, embedding ads doesn't really pay the bills for anything but 4chan.

>> No.38568437

>>38566813
but so does my question >>38563750

>> No.38571401

>>38568437
Do you not know what doujin means?

>> No.38576865

>>38566433
Kill yourself.

>> No.38578747

>>38576865
My man that doesn't work
Try actually making a point

>> No.38579015

>>38566813
Penny Arcade started off as just two nerds making a webcomic, but it's now a company with dozens of employees. TYPE-MOON used to be a doujin group. Then it became a company.

>>38565248
Doujin is almost always a side endeavor rather than someone's main job, and almost never makes any money. If you go to an anime convention and you see artists selling prints, that might be considered doujin activity. Honestly, fanfiction.net can loosely be considered doujin activity. PAX, though, is a convention that is mostly corporate.

>> No.38579444

>>38578747
You can't really expect a serious response from someone when you drop zoomer tier arguments like "ur mad why u still here?"

>> No.38579576

>>38576865
relax

i don't care about that, i only care about what OP said, and frankly you're more upset at that than the absolute trite that has poisoned your fanbase

>> No.38579580

>>38561115
I give them a pass because he, unlike most memers actually play the games

Does it excuse the vids, no but I'm willing to look away plus can't fault a guy for finding an easy way to make Patreon bux

>> No.38580313

>>38578747
Try actually killing yourself.

>> No.38580707

>>38579015
So then what are comiket and reitaisai? Is comiket not mostly corporate? ZUN as well, his manga aren't doujin but published through Kadokawa and Tasogare Frontier are pretty much only nominally doujin. Touhou is basically an industry itself.

>> No.38580733

>>38580707
Touhou hasn't been dojin for a while imo, outside of the games everything else he does is more in line with what indie devs with small publishers do
The artists who make works based on Touhou and sell them at those conventions are dojin

>> No.38580852
File: 1.28 MB, 2000x1200, 1637913339990.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As much as people will hate to admit it, online communities need new blood to keep things fresh and interesting. However, for justified and unjustified reasons people new to /jp/-related stuff are regarded with suspicion and doubt when they leave their shallow memer bubble and visit older communities. Some of this is normal inter-generational conflict as older members of the community can't understand the new references and vise versa; and some of it is the normal struggles involved with attempting to assimilate new people. 4chan and /jp/ in turn being tremendously popular compared to the older days also means that people are on edge at all times which makes for a very poor creative environment. I understand that it's a thread about Western fans in general, but I don't partake in reddit or twitter and the like.
Secondly, people are ideally interested in Japanese things and not Western recreations or references to Japanese things. Priority is given to Japanese humor or art because that's what it's about. This is probably the biggest division between memers and the sincere types.

>> No.38581032
File: 69 KB, 720x534, 1639377636922.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38580852
Well put, as much as I'd like to be able to support western creators it seems like the vast majority just aren't capable of creating something that isn't caked with memes and/or thinly veiled political ideas. I don't know whether to chalk this up to the idea that you need to "use your platform for good" being forced into people's minds, kids who grew up on meta-ironic memes and parasocial internet relationships, or the landscape of social media rewarding whoever screams the loudest, but whatever it is, it makes finding worthwhile creators in the west a nightmare. I want to believe this is just a vocal minority though and that most newfags focus on the source material and doujin content instead of gay shit like deepfried fumo memes and "marisa says trans rights!" type artwork.

>> No.38581525

>>38581032
>marisa says trans rights!
i will never understand this shit and it never fails to make me laugh every time I see it

>> No.38581604

>>38581525
When your entire sense of identity is made or broken by the opinions of other people, applying your condition to a flawless fictional character is an easy cope. That and virtue signaling. Laughing at it and maybe feeling a little bad for them is really the only appropriate response.

>> No.38581769
File: 1.11 MB, 900x847, BASED cringe STAHP.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555776
Don't oust yourself it really rustles my desire to troll.

>> No.38581785

>>38580707
>So then what are comiket and reitaisai? Is comiket not mostly corporate?
Comiket has corporate booths and doujin booths. The corporate booths are not engaged in doujin activity, but the the corporate booths are considered largely secondary to the primary activity of selling self-published work. There are a few hundred corporate booths, but tens of thousands of doujin booths.

>> No.38581903
File: 124 KB, 850x989, cirno and her sweater.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555612
I like it :DD

>> No.38586758

>>38552633
Come up with something new.

>> No.38586831

>>38560449
гачипачи

>> No.38586850

>>38581903
isn't this a reference to old russian imageboard meme

shitting without taking off your sweater

>> No.38594255

>>38586758
Nothing new can grow when the majority of fans are too busy laughing at the same old garbage.

>> No.38596619

>>38594255
persevere, anon
after all, why should what people do affect what you want?

>> No.38596667

>>38552633
I havent seen any pad jokes in years, it's all gay this and trans that now

>> No.38596701
File: 47 KB, 400x340, a16.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38596667
sounds grim
luckily I immediately block/mute whoever says that

>> No.38596715

>>38566400
>>38566433
I will never be friends with /vt/eens. Try harder.

>> No.38597208

>>38596619
It doesn't, the point is that most Touhou fans are your generic braindead animeme retards who will gladly spend another decade giggling about pad jokes and fumos.

>> No.38597228

>>38596667
I feel blessed that I only follow Japanese artists/mangaka and have never seen a post like that.

>> No.38597345
File: 189 KB, 645x911, 1627261285208.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38597359

>>38552633
those are all Japanese memes

>> No.38597421

>>38597359
And westerners latched onto them like leeches and won't let go. They aren't nearly as common in Japanese circles as they are in Western ones.

>> No.38597491
File: 285 KB, 1117x1331, 1620408012825.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38597228
It seems you don't follow enough, then.

>> No.38597505

>>38597421
Of course, but they were common, and more irritatingly dumber memes like yukkuri and sin sacks are still pretty popular.

Basically the problem with the west is that the starting points for fandom are the ancient, almost dead memes. To fix the problem you would need to find stuff like fan wikis and purge them of old information/make a note that these memes are pretty much dead in Japan. Like really. As is, new fans will be under the impression that old memes are still king. You'll note with usual longer time fans of the series that they won't really engage in such memes. After all, the Japanese don't really make anything based around them much, and it's the Japanese whom older fans are likely to get their majority fanworks from.

>> No.38597564

>>38597491
>Overseas they call you the gay ceo
Looks like they only talk about that shit when they're making fun of us.

>> No.38597585

>>38597491
>>38597564
Japan missed the point of the joke, she's not a gay CEO, she is the CEO of gay.

>> No.38597628

>>38597359
that doesn't make shit memes less shit.

>> No.38597634
File: 938 KB, 1100x1000, 89610374_p0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38597564
Not too late to see japanese artists/mangaka talking about gays, enjoy. You're welcome.

>>38597585
>A gay CEO of gay
Why not both?

>> No.38597656

>>38597634
Nah I'm not interested in talking about fags, not even when they're being mocked.

>> No.38597667

I only see pozzed western shit when some jap artists retweets it.

>> No.38597726
File: 462 KB, 1207x838, party of eight.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38597917

>>38556361
Ohhh ohhh "edgelord shits"
scary~ scary~

You seem rustled. Procure the safety of your Jimmies

>> No.38597977

>>38597917
Nigga why do you type like a 14 year old girl

>> No.38598085

ITT:
old bad
new good

>> No.38598100

>>38597726
I miss Tree of Savior.

>> No.38598101

>>38598085
That's a really autistic way of looking at it.

>> No.38598144

>>38561196
Ah yes the homogeneous hacker 4chan is western and unfunny, always, because hes one guy

>> No.38598498

>>38562774
You tried something, albeit inside your maybe not so thoroughly thinking vessel

>> No.38598562

>>38563263
A shift in internet culture and a return to more bizarre but heartful and clearly passionate meme-work?
Big stuff really

>> No.38598650

>>38564250
Holy shit a three paragraph "essay" i MUST shit and cum!

>> No.38598673

>>38563775
He's not crying about it. He's pointing out the unfunny garbage from over 10 years ago with nothing new on the horizon.

>> No.38598751
File: 2.48 MB, 480x480, ezgif-5-bd4834bc3d.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38555776

>> No.38598861

>>38597505
wait how are yukkuri dumb, if anything i see them more as a subculture enclave inside of touhou itself.
As for sin sacks, they are more of a cultural meme id say, not an internet quick laugh meme thing but a communication element, an abstract identity idol/object/thing that signals that idea/identity

>> No.38598870

>>38597977
Wait do you not know im referencing yukkuri aya?

>> No.38598888

>>38598870
>You seem rustled. Procure the safety of your Jimmies
When did yukkuris start using reddit?

>> No.38598976

>>38598888
Point taken, still rustled as to give a low hanging insult.
To be truthful i may see Aya as the type to use misinformation sites for bunbunmaru articles

>> No.38598997

>>38597726
I bet he can hide so many snacks in that turban.

>> No.38599059

I don't like when people make comics of fumos and stuff. It feels like they're becoming the new yukkuri.

>> No.38599092

>>38599059
How long until fumos start bleeding bean paste

>> No.38600803
File: 285 KB, 588x362, 5x3z[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38597228
>I only follow Japanese artists/mangaka
I do too, but the algorithm keeps coming up with ways to show me westerners for some reason.

>> No.38600865

>>38599092
Fumos are already associated with mental illness

>> No.38600903

>>38600803
>based on your likes
that's the reason, simple as that.

>> No.38600927

>>38600903
I've obviously only liked art made by said japanese artists.

>> No.38600936

>>38596667
>>38600803
Why do you people even care? You don't care when you come across a drawing of 2hus with dicks shitting on each other do you? But if it was drawn by a westerner instead of a Jap, you freak for some reason.

>> No.38600982

>>38600936
I'm not sure if westerners politicizing touhou is directly comparable to japs drawing scat futa porn

>> No.38601132

>>38600936
These types tend to thrust themselves into the limelight and try to draw as much attention to themselves and their dumbass ideas as possible. Aside from /jp/ the western community is beyond saving.

>> No.38601157

>>38600982
inb4 someone shits their pants about how it isn't political just like the lgbt bullshit because it's headcanons and natural so it's fine
sucks they ruined raceswapping in artwork, used to be a fun thing to do making "what ifs", now it's tied to US movements

>> No.38601505

>>38598861
they're both cringe

>>38597628
And? I didn't say it did, I'm not the one sucking tiny japanese cocks

>> No.38601547

>>38561349
"unfunny women with squeaky voices" youtubers are literally the nyanners of this generation

>> No.38601591

>>38600982
They're both just images appealing to someone's fetish that barely have reach outside the target audience. No one's going to put transhus on tv and talk about gay rights during a presidential speech or anything.

>> No.38601694

>>38598751
The word nigger doesn't bother me, just the fact that all humour threads are filled with it and people think it's funny.
Plus the fact that retards like you think that it offends anyone.

>> No.38601732

>>38601694
>Plus the fact that retards like you think that it offends anyone.
I agree that anyone who thinks "nigger" is the pinnacle of humor is probably underage (not that I think you should get pissed over it) but saying it doesn't offend anyone is miles from the truth. Nothing gets you banned/blacklisted/bitched out faster than saying nigger in most places.

>> No.38601989

>>38601505
>they cringe
Ah yes I too can post my opinions on the internet, to the misfortune of all.
>>38601591
Man... remember when Hatsune miku couldn't hold a concert? remember when "the infamous hacker known as 4chan" got on tv? rember when tifa porn on a parliament? and other things
Do not do such bold declarations anon, we are living in the funniest timeline.

>> No.38602088

>>38601989
>Man... remember when Hatsune miku couldn't hold a concert?
No
>remember when "the infamous hacker known as 4chan" got on tv?
No, I only ever saw that from 4chan. Doubtful it was on tv here.
>rember when tifa porn on a parliament?
What the fuck is a parliament?
None of that shit is remembered or amounted to anything. The most ruined 2d character is pepe and even that has gone from internet nazi frog to retarded shitposter stamp. Stop obsessing over imaginary trannies already. No one gives a fuck what some tard on twitter says or does. You've probably posted that dumb maga hat momiji image before anyway.

>>38601732
Treating 4chan like "most places" is why people tell you to gb2/reddit et al.

>> No.38602110

>>38602088
You're right that 4chan isn't like most places, that's why you shouldn't be shocked that the chances of someone calling you a nigger increase by 999% when you post here.

>> No.38602121

>>38601591
>No one's going to put transhus on tv and talk about gay rights during a presidential speech or anything.
Retard what are you rambling about? We're talking about the effects this shit has on our tiny corner of the internet.

>> No.38602135
File: 37 KB, 774x468, 1638229786909.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38602110
Why would someone call me a nigger? That's so rude.

>> No.38602162
File: 210 KB, 472x327, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38602088
>>remember when "the infamous hacker known as 4chan" got on tv?
>No, I only ever saw that from 4chan. Doubtful it was on tv here.
It was on CNN.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz5i171h_no

>> No.38602210

>>38602135
Well if you wouldn't act like a nigger...
>>38602162
Do newfags really parrot that meme without knowing the context that makes it funny?

>> No.38602241

>>38602088
>What the fuck is a parliament?
European equivalent of a Fed Govt.
Someone posted 4k resolution H ads during a broadcast of the Italian government.

>> No.38602486

Everyone crying about old stuff while I'm just glad there are places that aren't 100% infested with modern forced "meme" shit. And that's without mentioning shit like this >>38600803.

>> No.38603868

>>38602486
There used to be a certain guy on /jp/ would would make touhous brown just because.

>> No.38604454

>>38602135
I want kyouko-chan to repeat all my bad words!

>> No.38604631

>>38602088
wow, you replied to my post with pure assumptions and ignorance to pretty notable events in the history of internet goofs and gaffs, nice going retard!
the hatsune miku thing gave us a landmark to see how big a glorified anime girl mascot for music software had gotten with nerds, and gave her further fame, it was a stunt.
The FUCKING 4CHAN THING was on american cnn and turned eyes to our retardation -through the means of tv retardation- and was a huge laugh, even if it afforded us newfrens
The tifa incident was the latest meme thing, and so its effect is still to be seen but i think it already finished leaving behind only referential porn.
>something something trannies
should have known, retard posters should stop breathing

desu des.

>> No.38604784
File: 60 KB, 209x199, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38600803
>AYO HE GUILTY I SAW HIM DO IT, YOU GOIN TO HELL
Tewi was a mistake

>> No.38605722

>>38601132
>Aside from /jp/ the western community is beyond saving.
thoughts on /v/ touhou threads?

>> No.38605842

>>38605722
Isn't that just pornposting and pseudo-erp. Like all the ghost bump threads on /jp/ but condensed into one thread with people actually posting and not an excuse for generals to slide their image limit threads off?

>> No.38606900

>>38605722
cancer

>> No.38608435

>>38605842
Ghost-bumping / necrobumping to slide things off does happen, but I only really consider it to be that when either whoever bumped deletes the post to avoid attention or they just reply to a post without a word or use a random off-topic word. That's not really the norm.
Most of the non-general threads (and some of the general ones) just have one to a handful of dedicated autists who find purpose in keeping it up even if it is just an imagedump or some tangential topic. I find it a bit lame, but it's not like those threads are made in bad faith either. They're just really boring if you're not into it and operate as if they are on a slower board.

But yeah /v/ threads tend to often be like that, though they do talk about gameplay or original statements on characters more than /jp/ threads from what little I've seen at the risk of it being seen as cringe or cancer. Don't really have a reason to browse /v/ so never see much of it.

>> No.38609119

>>38597345
why does these look very familiars?????

>> No.38610263

>>38604454
You have hololive for that

>> No.38610609

>>38609119
Learn English.

>> No.38610635

>>38600803
Now this is the Eiki that would send George Zimmerman to hell no cap senpai justice for Trayvon he dindu nuffin

>> No.38611559

>>38605722
They're alright, they have a lot of the same problems as /jp/ though (ie too much hornyposting) and a certain tranny janny tends to autosage them when they're in a pissy mood.

>> No.38611569

>>38610609
Fuck you he's trying. You'll never speak 2 languages mutt.

>> No.38611812

>>38611559
>They're alright
Go back there /v/ermin

>> No.38611825
File: 422 KB, 364x702, 1643549635264.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38605722
I like them. They're usually better than most threads on /v/, though that isn't saying much. Normally theres a lack of basedjacks and other low effort GenZ memes which is always a plus. Every now and then you do get a shit thread, but thats the nature of the beast. The /v/ threads tend to be a way to have quicker discussion than /jp/, which is nice at times too (although I still do enjoy taking it easy here in the jaypee.) But at the end of the day your mileage may vary.

>> No.38612505
File: 334 KB, 1600x2000, 1643296859967.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38552633
Old jokes are new jokes to new fans, and the first thing new fans do is either look at fumo or look at old 2hu memes.

>> No.38612515

>>38610263
Anon why would you recommend diarrhea to me

>> No.38612542

>>38596715
i've been on /jp/ for 5 years: I don't associate myself with /vt/ faggots.

>> No.38614840

>>38612515
Because you're underage cancer who thinks it's the height of humor for an anime girl to say 'nigger'. Haven't you been following the conversation?

>> No.38615238

>>38596715
I wouldn't have said anything if >>38612542
didn't pipe up, but I've been around since around 2012, whenever I got a real interest in doujinsoft and VN.

The reason why we don't get mad at the thing you get mad at does not have to do with how long we've been here or that either of us like vtubers.
I think it is just an ability to see some media we don't like as a reaction image, and giving it the same amount of concern as we would any other reaction image made by people with different tastes on this board that isn't completely unrelated to japanese otaku media.

>> No.38615592

>>38614840
No i prefer not to follow lies, if I can

>> No.38615751

>>38601694
>Plus the fact that retards like you think that it offends anyone.
i just think that gif is funny because it's so stupid; i don't care enough to try to offend a random anon lol

>> No.38615783

We should buy fumos and photoshop pics of them to make yukkuri abuse, but with fumos. That would be pretty funny i think

>> No.38619931

Pandering to a Western audience is the first step to destroying your community, yes

>> No.38620019

>>38615783
Why photoshop? People already mess them up for real.

>> No.38620955
File: 15 KB, 116x110, 1621993958425.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Isn't it written in Russian?
Kinda ironic to see something like this in OP pic of a thread where op slanders western fanbase.

>> No.38621088

>>38611825
What's wrong with soijaks? They're the last bastion of humor on the internet.

>> No.38621211

>>38620955
Well the Russians have very distinct posting culture, they can be considered separate from the west. Idk how alive their touhou community is nowadays, /to/ on dvach is very slow but has some nice threads to peruse if you don't care about most threads being a couple years old on there. On the other hand /rm/ on dvach might be the most active place with rozen maiden posting outside of nipon internet

>> No.38621509

>>38621211
they are still west, no matter how you spin it

>> No.38621869

>>38621509
West in this context really does just mean the anglo speaking parts of the web though. Australia and New Zealand aren't in the west of the urals (which is commonly the point used to mark the east west split) but they are a part of the "west".
Since the slavs are largely self contained its best to consider them a separate community, there is no need to adhere to a bipolar view of east west for touhou, that'd be stupid considering how different the Chinese Korean and SEA communities are compared to the Japanese

>> No.38621872

>>38621211
Dvach is trash hole for reddit-like niggers. Dobrochan and iichan have more decent and related 2hu posting.
>Idk how alive their touhou community is nowadays
It's pretty dead compared to the Western imageboard fanbase.

>> No.38621933

>>38621872
Also Cirno is iichan's mascot.

>> No.38621951

>>38621509
No, it's literally a middleground between the West and the East.

>> No.38626025

>>38621088
they are absolutely not the last bastion

>> No.38626286

>>38621088
Go back to whatever board you came from, teen.

>> No.38627416

>>38600803
Serves you completely right for using an account of something as vomit-inducingly abhorrent piece of rotting garbage as twitter.

>> No.38627543

>>38621872
>Dvach
Harkach*, also you're bydlo and the board is actually quite fine and very active. Get your head out of your ass, pseudoelitist snob.

>> No.38627635

>>38626286
I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that.

>> No.38627657

>>38627635
Fucking zoomie teen crossie... You are making /jp/ ojii-sans hot and bothered... Take responsibility...

>> No.38627698

>>38627657
I wouldn't call myself a crossboarder, I would more consider myself a cosmopolitan poster, someone who doesn't "belong" to any particular board. Although there was one board that I did frequent the most, it is sadly no longer exists.

>> No.38627748

>>38627698
Nobody on an anonymous imageboard cares about your backstory or whatever you perceive as your "credibility", simply be grateful to meidos they're against serious gatekeeping and stop acting like you've forgotten your balls at home.

>> No.38627761

>>38627748
You misunderstood the entire point of that post that I am not going to go back you ESL nigger

>> No.38627779

>>38627761
I didn't ask you insecure overapologizing anglosuckson

>> No.38627800

>>38627779
What apology? You aren't talking about the obvious sarcastic """apologies""", right? Are you from Reddit, do I need to put an /s at the end of my posts for you?

>> No.38627809

>>38627800
die

>> No.38627829

>>38627809
r u mad lol

>> No.38627856

I curse their head and all the hairs of their head. I curse their face, their brain, their mouth, their nose, their tongue, their teeth, their forehead, their shoulders, their breast, their heart, their stomach, their back, their womb, their arms, their legs, their hands, their feet, and every part of their body, from the top of their head to the soles of their feet, before and behind, within and without.
>>38627829
fuck you

>> No.38627875

>>38627856
Do I know you?

>> No.38629649

>>38621088
>>38626025
>>38626286
>>38627635
>>38627657
>>38627698
>>38627748
>>38627761
>>38627779
>>38627800
>>38627809
>>38627829
>>38627856
>>38627875
i say this and look like this

>> No.38629728

>>38629649
kill yourself

>> No.38630010

>>38627416
What can you do, every jap uses it as their art gallery these days.

>> No.38632454

>>38627543
Пиздуй обратно на свою парашу, чмо малолетнее.

>> No.38632906

>>38630010
God I wish they'd go back to pixiv so shit is easier to find and archive than scrolling through 80 retweets of other people's shit, 10 pictures of their lunch, and dealing with twitter's horrific image compression once you do find some art.

>> No.38633008 [DELETED] 

>>38601694
It bothers americans and is used by them.
Their black obsession has reached a level where saying the "n word" is like saying a "forbidden" word.

Everytime they get upset they have to include black people into the discussion.

>> No.38633154

>>38633008
>Everytime they get upset they have to include black people into the discussion.
You mean like you are now?

>> No.38633279

>>38633154
Hello, American, how are you today? Did the Bull fuck your wife good last night?
He's giving an explanation, dimwit

>> No.38633451

>>38630010
Make a custom crawler that works better than making an account and following the accounts.

>> No.38633703

>>38633008
Are you sure it's Americans? Every time I see blacks mentioned on a board with flags it's always a European or LATAM.

>> No.38635382
File: 16 KB, 190x220, 1644199288633.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38633154
Peak burger sophistics.

>> No.38635471

>>38633703
Proxies

>> No.38635503

>>38633279
No, he's just whining about Americans and black people.

>> No.38635641

>>38635503
And you're whining about him whining about black people and Americans. Sorry we offended your country and black bulls.

>> No.38635990

>>38635471
If it helps you sleep better at night, then sure.

>> No.38636494

Muh americans

>> No.38636520

>>38635990
You denying it doesn't make it any less true. The truth hurts sometimes

>> No.38639206

>>38598888
Okay, this has got to be a baitpost, "that really rustles my jimmies" is some /v/ catchphrase from 2011.

>> No.38640482

>>38639206
yeah and ragefaces were originally /v/ OC as well. Why do you think it's called /v/eddit sometimes?

>> No.38641402

>>38640482
because you keep thinking about it

>> No.38641572
File: 296 KB, 1600x1200, Deka Cirno with a hunting rifle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38635471
Can confirm, I use a Korean proxy though.

>> No.38642306

>>38620019
just figured it was cheaper to resuse the same fumos for multiple images desu

>> No.38642356

>>38627698
post your nudes

>> No.38643158
File: 23 KB, 800x620, 1635471369370.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38641572
I use a Macedonian one

>> No.38643501

>>38639206
God fucking damnit i was just trying to shitpost and mock a guy, how is it that /jp/ gets annoyed with some words
We are here to discuss the anime girls, fuck.

>> No.38644376

>>38642306
It'd probably be worse to sew it up each time so it kept getting more and more scarred

>> No.38649023

>>38643501
moron

>> No.38650224

>>38649023
Half uneasy post

>> No.38654187

>>38560033
Real

>> No.38654257

>>38600803
This is a cool concept but the face feels off, I think a more stern and hard-lined look would be better than that soft round blob for Eiki.

>> No.38654270
File: 491 KB, 632x1065, 91264286_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38654282

>>38654270
Raggedy Ann looking motherfucker

>> No.38654295
File: 1.87 MB, 2048x2481, 1644511385876.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38654282

>> No.38655482

>>38579580
You can still call a faggot or a nigger, you faggot.

>> No.38656113

>>38654270
Absolutely not tenkyo

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action