[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 2.00 MB, 1000x1405, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_fuente__631ed57a10f9d0acd18efa47784d05ca.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
38489634 No.38489634 [Reply] [Original]

"Oh, it's raining again" you think to yourself while making your way home after a long day at work. While rain was no stranger to these parts in late autumn, this downpour seemed to inspire a strange sense of sadness and melancholy. It was as if the grey sky was crying in longing for the long-departed summer and dreading the coming of winter. A feeling accentuated by the leafless trees dotting the lifeless streets defined by brutalist apartment blocks, long darkened by age and elements.

Pursued by this vague unease you make your way towards your apartment, when suddenly, while nearing the entrance to your street, you hear faint sobbing coming from a nearby alleyway. Intrigued you turn to investigate and the sight of what you find surprises you even more – leaning against a dirty wall is a weeping blue-haired girl with bruised knees and feet, evidently the source of the earlier sobbing. Her eyes are closed, with tears streaming down her cheeks, mixing with the raindrops and dripping down onto her lap, where she’s holding a large broken purple umbrella. The girl’s outfit is as unusual as her hair color – a sky blue summer dress and wooden sandals are certainly not appropriate for this time of the year.

“Hey! What happened to you, do you need help?” you call out to the girl who suddenly snaps out of her wallowing, shoots a glimpse at you and attempts to scramble to her feet while weakly stammering out something that sounds like “D-don’t hurt me, please” and clutching her umbrella close to the body. Her attempts at getting up go nowhere as she collapses back on the pavement, her legs seemingly too weak to carry her. Concerned, you walk closer while attempting to calm her down. Soon enough, convinced that you mean no harm, she lets you pick her up. While holding her you notice even more strange details – her umbrella appears to have a face made from a single eye, which seems to be wetter than the surrounding fabric, and a mouth with an outstretched tongue, which does not feel like fabric at all... Her eyes, still tearful from earlier, are of different colors – one red like an ember and the other deep blue like the sky after a sudden storm. Nevertheless, you have no time to ponder these strange features – this girl, no matter who or what she is, is in dire need of a roof and a hot drink. With these thoughts in mind, you make haste for your apartment.

After braving the run-down staircase of your block and thankfully not meeting any neighbours on the way, you’re finally greeted with the familiar smell of home. Setting the girl on your bed and bringing her tea you receive a curious question in a trembling voice – “W-what’s your name, m-mister”, she asks, eyes trained on you, “and w-what’ll you d-do t-to me?”.

“My name is ____” you reply “and, before I answer the second question, tell me your story – what’s your name and what happened to you in that street?”.

“My name is Kogasa” she replies, her voice noticeably stronger than earlier, “and I don’t really know how I got here. I was on my way to visit the Hakurei shrine when suddenly I ended up here, would you happen to know which part of Gensokyo we’re at?”.

“I have never heard of a place with such a name or of some ‘Hakurei’ shrine” you answer bewildered, “Anyway” you continue before she has time to pipe up “how did you get these injuries and what’s up with that umbrella?”.

“After ending up here, I tried to surprise some humans and ask them for directions, b-but they l-laughed if off and a-and…” her voice trails off, tears welling up again, “t-they kicked me over and beat me over the head with my umbrella ‘till it broke” she blurts out the last sentence quickly as if unwilling to dwell on the pain any longer.

“Wait a moment, did you just say ‘humans’? Aren’t you a human yourself?”

“Well no, I’m a youkai born of a discarded umbrella, a karakasa obake”

>> No.38489654
File: 149 KB, 945x1403, smilekogasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Now it’s your turn to be afraid. “W-what do you mean by that” you stammer out in shock, if certain stories you heard about these creatures are true, you may be in very real danger, “are you going to eat me?”

“N-no” the girl replies, “I sustain myself by scaring humans, but now, with my umbrella body broken, I’m too weak to even stand. Also, it seems from what you’ve said that I’m stuck in the Outside World, which means I’ll probably f-fade….” She doesn’t finish the sentence as tears stream down her cheeks again.

Convinced that a creature so fragile could not cause genuine harm to anyone, your fear is immediately replaced by pity. “Is there anything I can do to help, I’m no good at fixing umbrellas, but I could try”

“Well, you could give me some of your spirit energy voluntarily” she says, a glimmer of hope returning to her tired eyes. “I-I promise I won’t take too much” she quickly adds to encourage you, “here, hold my hand”.

Slightly unsure about the situation, you carefully reach out and grasp her slender ivory fingers. Her hand, cold at first, quickly begins to warm as you also notice the ribs of her umbrella, which is lying by the bedside, begin to slowly mend. After a few minutes, she pulls her hand away, her face bearing a radiant smile.

“Thank you so much!” she exclaims with joy “I hope I didn’t tire you out too much”.

You quickly assure her that the fatigue you’re currently feeling will be remedied by a good night’s sleep and inquire on what she plans to do now.

“I would like to head back, but I don’t know the way around the Outside World and it’ll take some time before I’m back to full strength” she replies somewhat distraught “At least I can stand up now so I won’t burden you any further” with that, she attempts to get out of the bed.

You immediately push her back down, “I won’t let you go anywhere in this state plus these streets are hardly safe at night as I’m sure you already know, you can stay here for as long as it takes”.

“But I’ll just be an inconvenience for you, the only thing I’m good at is scaring people, I’m useless otherwise” Kogasa attempts to convince you to let her go.

“I’m perfectly fine with you being useless and if you really want to make yourself useful, you can help me with tidying up the apartment or other housework”

With these words, you manage to convince her to stay for at least a few days more, at least until she regains her strength. In the meantime, you let Kogasa sleep in your bed, despite her insistence on sleeping on the floor, as well as take a little of your own vitality each day. Eventually, a whole week passes like this with the two of you spending these long autumn evenings telling each other stories of your respective worlds. Kogasa seems to be no less eager to learn about the Outside World than you about Gensokyo – seemingly the last refuge of fantasy creatures and things forgotten by the rest of the world, separated from the Outside by a great barrier.

>> No.38489675
File: 712 KB, 900x776, __yakumo_yukari_and_tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_kagura_chitose__68267023c7dadbc10299df0875930b55.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

During one such evening conversation, you hear a soft knock on the door. The sight that greets you upon opening it surprises you no less than your first encounter with Kogasa – a tall woman with blonde hair stretching below her waist and a frilly purple dress is standing in the doorframe.

“Greetings” the woman speaks in a soft polite tone, “my name is Yakumo Yukari, although Kogasa probably told you about me already, may I have yours?”

You quickly remember Kogasa speaking of an elder youkai with the power to manipulate boundaries, citing her as the only possible way home. Realizing that such a being probably likes being treated with respect, you bow your head as you introduce yourself.

“Haha, loosen up” Yukari laughs, putting you at ease, “if you want someone strict on manners, try Yuuka, I have enough gratitude for what you’ve done to forgive a slip up here and there”.

“Have you come to take Kogasa back? How did she end up here in the first place?”

“Things sometimes do slip through either side the barrier and turn up in unexpected places” replied the elder youkai “the full explanation would take too long so I won’t bother you with it. As for your fist question – yes, I came for Kogasa, but I wouldn’t mind spending the evening here. Do you have tea?”

And with that evening’s tea Kogasa’s stay at your home concluded. After finishing the humble dessert, you managed to put together on short notice, both youkai were ready to leave.

“Thanks for everything!”, shouts Kogasa while squeezing you in the tightest hug you’ve ever received, “I-I certainly won’t forget your kindness” – her cheer wavers as tears begin to well in her eyes. You soon realize that you share these feelings.

“It seems she’s grown quite attached” says Yukari “Who knows, I might have to arrange a few visits, so she doesn’t get too lonely without you”
With these words you barely manage to peel the now sobbing Kogasa off. Saying the final goodbyes you see them through the door into the staircase. Curiously you hear no further footsteps after you close the door….

>> No.38489737
File: 1.90 MB, 378x368, 1614627935726.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kogasa storytimes are my favorite!

>> No.38490106

Extremely based kogasa write anon

>> No.38490387
File: 943 KB, 960x1400, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_piyodesu__79956f603ea991028fe4446678ab9616.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38489634
Kogasa writing is BACK!

>> No.38492140

>>38489634
It was a pretty good readtrough,
I would love to see more people write short stories so; Keep it up!

>> No.38492412
File: 806 KB, 1616x2636, 小傘ちゃん.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38489634
Amazing story OP, thank you making such a lovely stories, I can't wait to read more for you.

>> No.38492464
File: 259 KB, 1000x908, commieblocks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38492412
This was my first attempt at creative writing since high school, hacked together over the course of an evening. Glad you liked it so much, I initially wanted to have more development for anon and Kogasa in the middle, but decided to keep things short so feel free to pick up the torch there.

If you're curious, my inspiration for the city description came from pic related.

>> No.38492485
File: 156 KB, 500x1200, 小傘ちゃん.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38492464
Thank you once again, I always like rescue story, so the story please me greatly, sad that it have to be kept short but it nice that you leave open ending for us. I wish you the best of life and keep on writing.

>> No.38492496

>>38489654
>Convinced that a creature so fragile could not cause genuine harm to anyone
big mistake. it worked out for him this time but make sure you never blindly trust youkai. this could have all been a act to eat him

>> No.38492521
File: 445 KB, 1600x1200, 1617841036115.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38492496
You can always trust Kogasa!

>> No.38492605

>>38492464
Thanks for the story anon. With the provided imagery I can clearly see the feeling you were going for. Hope to read more from you.

>> No.38493761
File: 804 KB, 1688x2048, 537163db09200a5582121fde88025ce848f0c0c8c5fc39e893ffac837ad1db92.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kogasa boobie

>> No.38493808

It was cute, thank you for your story, OP.

>> No.38494157

>>38493761
Imagine putting a penis in those Kogasa boobies

>> No.38498649

>>38489634
someone should start collecting all of these stories to make a big archive. think of all of the touhou smut lost to time because no one saved it. it would explain the dire lack of impregnation fics

>> No.38499974

>>38492464
Jokes on you, I already live in a commieblock city

>> No.38504419
File: 1.69 MB, 1117x1601, kogasaobake.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38492605
>>38492412
Due to popular demand, I've decided to write a short followup, think of this as being set shortly after anon's first evening with Kogasa:

"Bero bero baa!" - this sudden shout is what greets you the moment you turn to lock your apartment door, followed soon after by a lick from a large tongue and a girlish giggle. Surprised, you attempt to quickly turn around, but get tied up by your own feet and crash down to the floor. The umbrella girl is standing next to you, her face bearing a triumphant smile.

"Ow! What was that for?!" you begin angrily while getting up.

Seeing your soured expression, the girl's smile is quickly replaced by an apologetic look. "I'm sorry about that, but I did tell you that I sustain myself by scaring humans and I need to keep improving my scaring technique - a youkai that isn't frightening is no youkai at all", she says the last part with absolute certainty and confidence.

"Apology accepted", you quickly reply - it seems that you couldn't stay angry at her even if you wanted to. "How are your injuries?" you ask with concern in your voice.

"The shaft of my umbrella is still cracked and bent so my back hurts a little, but I'm much better now, thanks to you" - with these words Kogasa suddenly gives you a warm hug.

"Good to hear that" you say while embracing her back, "but let me go now, I have dinner to prepare".

While making the evening's meal, you can't help, but shoot a few glances through the kitchen window - the view outside is about what you'd expect - a dismal sea of darkened concrete, blurred together by evening dusk and punctuated here and there by flickering streetlights and bright windows. Ever since you started working in the city, this view always made your heart long for the greenery of the countryside you grew up in. Strangely, this time the sight outside your kitchen window feels different, less isolating. Perhaps you've finally started to get used to urban living or maybe... The beeping oven timer derails your train of thought, shortly after, preceded by a sound of tiny footsteps, Kogasa takes a seat at the small kitchen table. Seeing her dig into your cottage cheese bake, brings a smile to your face. It seems that, at least for the time being, you recovered a spark of your childhood wonder - a warm fire amidst a sea of choking grey.

>> No.38508974

>>38498649
What archival platforms would you suggest?

>> No.38509027

>>38499974
Eastern Europeans...

>> No.38509245

>>38504419
That was a cute followup! It'll be nice when Yukari comes back to take (you) to Gensokyo so Kogasa will stop bugging her to visit you!

>> No.38511071

>>38489634
Desu! I love kogasa and umbrella stories.

>> No.38511164

>>38498649
>>38508974

Some anon did, but 4chin won’t let me post the whole list (thinks it’s spam). Here:

pasteb*n.c*m/4csPvAbx

>> No.38517370
File: 664 KB, 647x522, darktower.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38499974
I grew up going to school in a (partially) commieblock city, that's the reason I looked to this style for inspiration - the building in the pic left a pretty big impression on a 12 year old me, despite me only walking past it once or twice (I guess the local lotr nerds called it Barad-dur for a reason). Also, brutalism makes for some pretty nice contrasts between the city and the countryside.

>> No.38517969

>>38489634
You should have went with them OP

>> No.38520202

>>38511164
Pastebin deletes shit outta blue
Next time use ghostbin or justpaste
https://archive.is/ODxhQ

>> No.38521487
File: 2.35 MB, 1920x1080, 1614990572873.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP you've written a nice story. You've also inspired me, so I will also contribute to Kogasa story time.

The first thing she became of aware of was the sunlight. It shined down upon her, warming her cold form. With the light came color, and the image of verdant trees stretching skyward came into focus, striving for the bright blue sky. Then came the sound. A symphony of noises such that she never heard, first the playful chirping of two birds darting through the canopy, then the myriad calls of insects from all around, and underlaying it all came the soft rustling of the branches. Then physical sensation came to her. She felt that she lay on the bare, cold earth and saw that she was nestled among the roots at the base of a great, ancient pine tree.
‘How have I come here?’ She thought. ‘What manner of place is this? And I can see and hear and feel and taste…taste?’
She became aware that she could indeed taste and what she tasted was damp dirt. Exploring this new feeling, she found that she had a long red tongue, which came out of a mouth. She did not know how this could be. She knew that she was an umbrella, a mere tool. But now she had senses and an unexplainable new appendage, two if you counted her eye. Still, she did not dislike this new life. For a long time, she laid there, looking as a far as she could in all directions. She heard many more sounds of the forest. Occasionally birds ascended into the branches or swooped down after unseen prey, and insects flitted by. Sounds came to her of even larger creatures traversing the undergrowth but which she could not see. Eventually she just settled on idly watching the clouds float by.
Despite the peaceful nature of her surroundings, she could not help her growing curiosity. With her new senses, was there not more for her to experience? Surely if she could now sense as a human could, she was also capable of movement. And with this in mind she began trying. She found that she could control the bamboo tube with made up her handle. For a will she wriggled around, learning how to control this new power. She attempted, in a rapid movement, to arch herself off the ground, then by throwing the force in the opposite direction, bounce to her foot. This attempt failed and she pondered how she might stand herself upright. While thinking, she unconsciously began to wiggle her tongue back and forth. The instant she became aware of this she had it. She arched herself up, then using her tongue like an arm she pushed her off of the ground and then was standing.
For a while she celebrated, albeit silently, for despite having a mouth she could not make sound. Then she looked around. The forest, with trees all great and tall, extended around her. Moss covered exposed roots and stones on the ground and the sunlight filtering in created a patchwork of light and shadow. She wished to explore this forest. But with only one ‘leg,’ how could she move? She thought of using her tongue to help her, but she didn’t want to taste the entire forest floor, so she kept thinking. Then, as if it were the most natural thing, she began to hop forward. She quickly got used to it, and soon was flying through the wood. She cleared logs and boulders, ditches and streams, and at one point even jumped over a fox, who was startled and annoyed, to say the least. A couple times she did trip and fall, righting herself with the taste of dirt clinging to her tongue. But she won’t tell you that. Finally after some time of traveling, she saw a road.
People. This was her first though upon coming to the road. The thought of encountering a human filled her with apprehension, and she came to a stop in the shadow of a tree. As she wondered what would happen when she encountered someone, she became aware of the sound of a cart coming down the road. From her vantage, she saw come around the bend a cart pulled by a strong ox, its great horns swaying as it trod down the road. Sitting on the cart was an old peasant wearing a wide conical straw hat. He had a piece of grass hanging from his mouth, and animatedly sung some tune. She thought that his voice was horrible, but he seemed like a nice enough man. As the cart came closer, she saw his good-natured face, and resolved to present herself. But right before she could, she saw that the cart was filled with various tools. Seeing this brought her to a halt. As the cart trundled past her hiding place, she recalled a vague memory.

>> No.38522166
File: 3.45 MB, 2176x3252, 1617311147185.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38521487
The memory was dark and dream-like. It felt like she was drawing it up from some impossibly far off place. She questioned if it was truly even a memory but surmised that it must have originated from before she woke up here, from before she was aware. She was just a normal umbrella in this memory, being carried by the person who must have been her owner. It was a young girl, but when she tried to recall her features, she found that she could not. The girl was walking with her friend on the road. It had just rained, and the road was filled with puddles, but this didn’t stop the two girls from merrily strolling along and laughing with each other. Suddenly came a cart, much like the one that had just passed, trundled by and splashed mud at the girls. Her owner turned her to the side, and she caught most of the muck and mire with her body, sparing herself and her friend from spoilage. At the recollection of being made useful in this way, she found that it gave her a warm feeling, though she couldn’t tell by what mechanism she could recall an event that had taken place prior to her gaining sentience. All the same, she was glad that she remembered once having had an owner, and this knowledge gave her confidence to meet humans in her new form. The memory ended with the girls laughing and continuing on walking.
She hopped out onto the sunny road. Having remembered the joyous memory, she wanted to encounter someone. Even though she could not speak and had this peculiar form, she was still an umbrella. This meant she could be of use again. And this thought was all she needed to continue in the same direction the cart went. She swiftly went along, leaving evenly spaced single footprints with her single geta between the two ruts left behind by the cart’s wheels. She was merry. The unhindered expanse afforded by the road, free from obstructions, felt as free as the birds in the sky to her. After some time, she heard two laughing voices and saw ahead two boys running along playing. Glad to have come across some people, she increased her pace, bounding high in the air and rapidly approaching the boys. She meant to proposition herself to them and see if they might take her into their care to use her for that which she was made. But this was not the case.
As soon as the boys become aware of her, they stopped. She stopped too, only a few yards away, and looked at them. She waved her tongue at them as a way of greeting, but then she noticed their faces. Their eyes were wide and they had grabbed onto each other, clearly horrified.
‘Waaaah!’ they screamed in their shrill voices. ‘A monster! A yokai! Run!’
She stood there and watched them disappear down the road. But she was more confused than crestfallen. She had only wanted to make herself useful to them. So why had they fled? She couldn’t understand these humans. A yokai…what was that? The longer she stood in the middle of the road and thought, the more her confusion gave way to a sinking feeling. If she had frightened these boys so, would it not be the same with all humans?
‘Oh, I don’t know…’ she sighed to herself.
She at that time noticed that she had left the confines of the forest and had come into a field of rice paddies. The sun had marched across the sky, passed its zenith, and had begun its late afternoon descent to the horizon. The flooded paddies shimmered with a bright golden glow. She hopped up to the edge of the waters, and bending over slightly, viewed her slightly distorted reflection. She looked at her features. In the middle of her ‘body’ was a great red eye. Below that was her jagged mouth, with her long tongue protruding from the immaterium within. The sun behind her back cast a long umbrella shaped shadow, and she saw her lone geta, thinking derisively how silly it looked. But the thing that stood out to her the most was her color, a dull purple. That color…it triggered a feeling within her which she couldn’t place. As she stared at her mirrored self, she remembered something else.

>> No.38522508
File: 112 KB, 848x1200, 1617719372805.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38522166
Again, she was with her owner and her friend walking down a busy lane. This time the sun was beating down, so she was providing shade. Of the people on the road, many also carried umbrellas of varying bright colors and designs. Seeing other umbrellas gave her the same warm feeling as before. The friend spoke, and though her recollection of the voice sounding distorted and muddled, the words themselves came to her clearly.
‘Why do you still carry around that ratty old umbrella. Just look at its ugly and drab color.’
‘Well…’ her owner started, pondering what was just put to her. ‘It’s just that I’ve had this one since I was a little girl, so I’ve never considered getting a new one. Afterall, this one keeps the rain and sun off me just fine.’ She turned to her friend and smiled, and for the first time something of her owner’s face was remembered. The smile seemed pretty in her mind, and only increased her feeling of warmth.
‘Yes but still,’ the friend continued. ‘Look at all these different styles around us. Look, look, that one even has a dragon on it!’
‘Well, I suppose that they are nice…but I feel so bad to just throw this one away.’
‘Here, here there’s an umbrella stand right there, and oh! look at the patterns. I think I’ll buy one too. C’mon, it’s only a thing after all, and once it has exceeded its use the only thing left is to discard it.’
Her owner considered the friend’s argument silently as the approached the stand. It being the edge of town there was a rubbish heap astride the road. Her owner walked up to the heap and stood before it, holding out her dear umbrella. She loosened her grip, evidently making her decision. Yet, she still refused to let go completely. Before she could decide to open her hand or close her hand, a strong gust of wind blew and wrenched the poor umbrella from her grasp. Her owner receded from view, eventually becoming just a dot as she was carried off into the air. She flew far away, over field and forest, until even the town was gone. And that was the last she remembered. She didn’t know how long she had been blown around. All she knew now was that she had been discarded and had ended up in this place. She wondered if her owner missed her, or if she had bought a new umbrella and forgotten all about her. She pondered this for a long time, and suddenly she became aware of the tears welling up in her eye. And there, looking into the reflection of her big red eye, with the setting sun painting the sky above her in oranges and pinks, the umbrella came to know the feeling of sorrow.
The stars had come out by the time she regained her composure. Indeed, she had once been thrown away. And now the first people she had met had ran off in fear. But what was she to do? She could lay down in some hollow and be forgotten again but was that was she really wanted. Some mysterious power had brought her to life. To give up would be to forgo all future possibilities for herself. With this in mind, she resolved that she would meet more humans, and out of all of them, one surely would make use of her. She looked down at the moon’s reflection, a waxing crescent shimmering yellow on the placid water. She gathered her courage and resolve. She would find herself a new home.
It took her some time hopping down the road, but she finally saw buildings in the distance. She approached the came up to the edges of the town, but the hour was late. No people were in sight. Most windows were dark and there were only a seldom few lights on. She didn’t know very many things, but she knew enough to guess that intruding into houses would not be looked upon kindly. So, she hopped down the main street, looking for any people that might be out. She came to an intersection and looked down each street, seeing a more brightly lit building down the left one. She hopped toward it. As she approached, a man came stumbling out.
‘Awwwright chieeeef thanks for the dri—’ he stopped to belch loudly ‘—nk. I’ll be back in da mornin. Wahahahah!’ With a bottle of some kind in his hand he ambled toward her.
She stood there, nervously thinking of how she might get his attention and otherwise communicate with him. Because of his state and the darkness, he did not notice her until he was about to bowl into her. He looked up and saw her shining red eye, and he screamed in terror.

>> No.38522532
File: 912 KB, 850x890, 1457438392150.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38522508
‘Guysh! Chieeef! Izza yokai, help me!’ he ran headlong back to the building nearly falling the whole way, before hurling himself inside with a clatter. She listened to the commotion coming from within the place with dismay. How could it happen again? This time she had even tried to make herself a little menacing as possibly, now being aware of her appearance’s effect on people.
‘Huh?! A yokai? Here in the town?’
‘Everybody, grab a weapon quick!’
‘Someone go fetch a hunter!’
‘There’s not time for that! Past me that!’
Their words and tones frighted her. A weapon? A hunter? And there was that word again—yokai. She did not know of these things. But she knew that of the humans in the building, she probably would not find one friendly to her, and guessed that she should flee. But before she could, a spherical shape, silhouetted by the light from the building, came out of an alleyway and flew toward her. As it approached she saw that it was a human head. She being herself frightened, she hopped backward a step. But the head spoke.
‘What the hell are you doing, you idiot? Trapsing around the street at night with that form. You’ll get yourself killed!’ The head now yelling at her was that of a young girl with red hair.
She was not sure what was happening. Was this a human? She did not think it were possible for humans to detach and control their own heads. But looking into the glowing red eyes of the head, red like her own, she decided to trust it.
‘C’mon, follow me. Now!’ It flew off into another alley, the large purple bow it was wearing trailing behind.
The umbrella hopped after the head, diving into the darkened alley just as the men from inside the building stormed out onto the street armed with bottles, dirks, and clubs. The head led her through many twisting alleys before coming to an area where there were rows of tiny houses, each seemingly just a room and a sliding door. It opened one of these and motioned her inside. In the room, which was lit by a small candle, there was a girl’s body standing in the center. It strode forward, the red capelet it was wearing flowing, and accepted the floating head onto its shoulders. Having secured her head, she placed her hands on her hips and began speaking.
‘I was watching you as you came into town. I normally don’t like getting involved with other yokai, so I just observed you, but I didn’t expect you to attack some humans. I know lots of yokai think they can get away with things in the night, but in the middle of town? You’re asking to get exterminated.’ She was speaking rapidly, evidently frustrated at the trouble caused. ‘Ah, I’m sorry, I’m forgetting my manners.’ She calmed herself. ‘My name is Sekibanki.’

I think i've almost wrapped but I'm tired so I will write the rest tomorrow

>> No.38523263
File: 652 KB, 821x1014, 013E986F-8115-4A63-8BA2-2440356CF0FA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bumping the Gasa

>> No.38523280

>>38489634
That image gives the impression that she was raped. The blood on her legs implies that she was on her knees giving head to some villager who forced her into an alleyway and had his way with her. It's why she's crying.

>> No.38523967

>>38522532
Nice origin story, can't wait to see how it ends.

>> No.38527922

>>38521487
>>38522166
>>38522508
>>38522532
Nice!

>>38523263
Yuuka and Kogasa are friends right?

>> No.38528286
File: 1.05 MB, 1269x1058, 965AAB24-D6CF-4E6F-A78B-23B9976CF046.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38527922
Of couuuurse Yuuka and Gasa are friends. It’s not like it involves excessive bullying on one side…

>> No.38528733

>>38528286
Actually in doujin by that artist she is the daughter of Yukari and Yuuka.

>> No.38528774

>>38528733
H-how could Yuuka and Yukari possible make a daughter together?

>> No.38528861

>>38528774
It is a mystery.

>> No.38528886

>>38528774
You can't let yourself be held back by common sense in Gensokyo!

>> No.38531998
File: 1.08 MB, 1200x1200, 411903E8-95C0-4E36-B2F6-9C8F602C1546.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Gasa bumpin’

>> No.38532048

>>38531998
So sweaty...

>> No.38536154
File: 266 KB, 850x1172, 0C2D88E9-BB80-4276-8F2D-D0037A6A3BCD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Gasa bumpin’

>> No.38543596

>>38522532
Going to continue when I get off work today

>> No.38547783
File: 735 KB, 1265x1186, 1626317075378.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't believe I missed the real Kogasa thread.
Reposting my dumb little story for 8.2.

Kogasa slumped onto her table with a loud sigh.
The day had been busy and she still had plenty of work to do.
For now she decided to review the first three orders she would start with.

First order was the odd pair of sunglasses delivered by the maid of the Scarlet Mansion.
She had appeared first thing in the morning and after confirming that Kogasa had taken the order she disappeared as quickly.
Taking a look at the glasses in her hand Kogasa checked the damage.
One of the orange lenses had cracked and needed to be replaced.
The frame around the lens had also bent inward and was pretty badly out of shape.
Then there was the shield attached to the outside frame of the glasses, it had completely broken off and needed to be remade from scratch.
With the shield attached no sunlight would get in to the wearers eyes from the side.
Truthfully Kogasa thought that they looked more like goggles than sunglasses, but maybe vampires couldn't risk any light getting into their eyes.
She set it aside for now and continued her review.

Second order was a pair of tools, a pickaxe and a spade.
This customer had come in covered in dirt and dropped her mangled tools right on the table, asking for new tools that wouldn't break even from hitting a dragons scale.
Kogasa had been shocked at the poor quality of the tools and had proclaimed she would fix them before she could realize what she had promised.
Petting the misshapen tools she didn't regret her decision, but was wondering if even awakening these fellows as tsukumogami was going to make them strong enough.
For this one she might have to dig into her stash of rare metals and maybe try asking help from a magician.
Pushing that thought aside for now she move on to the last item on her list.

Third order was a pair of sandals.
It had come from the most peculiar customer, a happy little mermaid chatting away from her tub of water that had wheeled itself into Kogasas shop somehow.
Accompanying the mermaid and her watery tub was her friend the wolf girl, who had very little to say during their meeting.
Apparently the mermaid, Waggy she had asked Kogasa to call her, was looking for someone to make her a special pair of sandals.
Waggy had heard her friend complain about how annoying and noisy human sandals were when you couldn't just float everywhere in the village.
So Waggy had thought that what if there were sandals that didn't make a sound, this way she could walk around the village without worry.
Normally making something like that would be impossible for the two of them, but then they had seen Kogasas flier.
After some discussion they settled upon a design for a small detachable padding that could easily be added and removed to the bottom of the sandals.
The sandals bottoms would have a small slot carved into them where you could insert the padding. A suggestion from the wolf girl who had said it would be weird if her footsteps never made a sound.
With this their friend could muffle her footsteps whenever she wanted while having her sandal appear completely normal.
Waggy had been overjoyed with the good news and instantly dug up a big pile of shiny rocks from her tub and had offered them right there as payment.
While thankful for the generous payment Kogasa had only accepted a handful of pretty gems, as well as a promise from Waggy to check if her collection had any ores Kogasa could use for her smithy.
With the odd memory of the wolf girl pushing Waggy and her tub out of her shop Kogasa returned the design paper to her table.

Looking at the pile of orders she hasn't even touched yet Kogasa lets out a weary sigh, the fliers worked a bit too well.
That tengu reporter had talked Kogasa into making fliers for her newspapers, which was the reason half of Gensokyo had remembered her this time.
Kogasa was going to be swamped with work for months now, but she tried to think positively and remind herself that after this much work she wouldn't have to work for a decade at least.

>>38520202
Ghostbin also deletes shit, I use rentry myself: https://rentryDOTco/wndpw

>> No.38548154

>>38547783
Very nice blacksmith Gasa story. I like that you included a newhu in the story. Also Remi is such a dork with her silly Hellsing glasses

>> No.38551247
File: 1.59 MB, 4096x2913, __tatara_kogasa_imaizumi_kagerou_sekibanki_and_wakasagihime_touhou_drawn_by_misohagi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38522532
She looked at the umbrella, expecting a response, but was met with silence. The umbrella wished to reply, for there were many things that she did not know but she did not know how to speak. By now she had pieced together that she herself, and probably this girl too, were ‘yokai’ but she did not know exactly what that was. Not knowing what else to do, she moved her tongue from the side of her mouth it was hanging out of to the other side and bounced up and down once in order to at least acknowledge that she understood what was said to hear. Sekibanki, tilting her head to the side, looked at her with an annoyed face.
‘Can’t speak huh? figures.’ She let out an audible sigh. ‘Just so you know I’m only helping you because I can’t have random yokai waltzing into town and causing trouble. It’s a delicate balance you know.’ She said this as if it were the most basic of facts being explained to a child.
She then fell silent, thinking to herself. While she did this her head began levitating slightly above her shoulders. It spun around in a full circle before she spoke again.
‘Alright. I guess I have no choice. Don’t go anywhere.’
She placed special emphasis on the last part, but the umbrella, thoroughly lost and tired from the day’s events, did not even consider leaving. Sekibanki exited the house, leaving her to stand there in the center of the room balanced on her one foot. After a little while had passed, she closed her eye and fell asleep.
She found herself in a deep dark forest. In front of her was a young human man, seemingly unaware of her. The trees warped and blurred as she advanced on him, seemingly weightless, as a rushing sound filled her mind. He turned in slow motion and put his hands up as he reeled backwards and fell. She towered over him and saw his fear-stricken face. She bent down, getting closer to him, but the sound of something metal clattering stopped her. She looked around. Nothing but the dark silhouettes of trees, shifting and changing form as she looked at them. She looked back down at the human, but it wasn’t him anymore. A young, short haired girl looked up at her, with a blank expression. She opened her mouth but instead of words the sound of splashing water came forth.
‘Ah Kagerou, what are you doing? Don’t touch me there!’
‘Come on Waggy, stop squiring around.’
‘I told you not to call me that!’
‘Cut it out you two, you’re getting water everywhere.’
‘Banki look, look. I think it’s waking up.’
She slowly opened her eye and the first thing she saw was a beautiful woman’s face looking at her quizzically. To her surprise two little fish fins protruded on each side of her head from her dark blue locks of hair and moved up and down slowly. She saw that this was not an ordinary woman, for she sat inside of a large metal washing basin, a shining scaly fish tail spilling out over the side. Standing next to the fish woman, with a hand on her head, was another woman with large dog ears. One ear stood straight up while the other was bent to one side. The dog woman smiled, revealing large and sharp canine teeth in the corners of her mouth, and the scarlet brooch she wore in the middle of her chest twinkled in the candlelight. Floating above the fish woman was Sekibanki absent her body, looking as if she would rather be anywhere else. The wolf girl was the first to speak.
“Heeellooo strange umbrella yokai.’ As she spoke she lifted both hands to her chest and spread them apart as she enunciated each word slowly, as if somehow that would make her better understood. ‘Allow me to introduce us. This is Waggy.’
‘My name is Wagasakihime.’ The fish lady interrupted matter-of-factly, holding up one slender finger.
‘This is Waggy.’ The dog girl continued, unphased. The fish crossed her arms and puffed up her cheeks pouting. ‘You’ve already met Banki. And I am Kagerou Imaizumi.’ She paused for dramatic effect.
‘We’re the Grassroots Yokai Network!’
She said this with clear pride and self-satisfaction, puffing out her chest and holding her head aloft with her eyes closed, trying her best to appear dignified, as if she expected a round of applause. Only Banki’s sigh was heard. Even if the umbrella could speak, she wouldn’t have known what to say.

>> No.38552377

>>38551247
I’m going to write how Gasa gets her super cute human form, but I’m not really sure what to write about after. Does anybody have suggestions or have a 2hu they want Gasa to interact with?

>> No.38552667 [SPOILER] 

>>38547783
Hi anon … that pasteb*n is a list of your(?) rentry links! i don’t want to lose the writing!

>> No.38555719

>>38552377
>a 2hu they want Gasa to interact with
Maybe Yuuka, after she starts exploring Gensokyo

>> No.38556263

>>38552377
I would like Gasa and Alice to meet, for my own headcanon of Kogasa being the only blacksmith in Gensokyo she made all the little swords, spears and shields for her dolls.

>> No.38558849

>>38555719
Glad you said Yuuka because I was already thinking this myself, since I love Yuuka too
>>38556263
This is a great idea anon

>> No.38561117
File: 219 KB, 1000x1000, 1633078339604.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38552667
So they are, I'm a big dummy for not realizing that.
I would always encourage writers to provide that archive link themselves, but all of these cute stories are at the very least being saved to a .txt file of mine.

>> No.38565363
File: 431 KB, 500x525, DA553EA9-D5B2-4600-8E06-5F8188B13A6D.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Gasa bumpin’

>> No.38570682
File: 729 KB, 576x448, __imaizumi_kagerou_sekibanki_and_wakasagihime_touhou_drawn_by_cloverift__.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38551247
The trio looked at the umbrella before them awaiting a response, which was given not audibly, but with odd movements as before. Banki’s detached head floated forth and, stopping above the umbrella’s ‘head,’ turned to face Waggy and Kagerou.
‘I told you on the way here that it couldn’t speak.’ And with a vexation added, ‘I wouldn’t have bothered to call a meeting, but seeing as it clearly does not know anything in addition to not being able to communicate, I can’t just let it go, or else it’ll cause me trouble.’
‘You don’t have to lie Banki’ Waggy said, looking up at her innocently. ‘You’re helping because you care.’
Banki scowled at this but said nothing.
‘Well, if it can’t talk, then we should give it a name’ Kagerou said after a moment with one long blood red fingernail pressing into her cheek.
‘Hmm. How about Murasaki?’ Waggy put forth eagerly, her head fins and fish tail moving up and down rhythmically as she thought.
At this suggestion, the umbrella, remembering what her owner’s friend had said of her color long ago, became sad and did her best to disagree vehemently, scowling with her eye as far as she was able and turning side to side.
‘It seems she doesn’t like that.’ Kagerou said, causing Waggy to look at the floor embarrassed. ‘Since Banki is the one that found her, we should let her decide.’
‘Hah? Me?’ Banki answered incredulously. ‘This is why I hate getting involved with these things’ she thought. But all the same she thought for a while, looking off to the side and blushing, which, owing to the dimly lit room, was barely perceptible. ‘W-well…’ she finally began ‘it’s a little obvious but we can call her Kasa…’
Waggy and Kagerou were both unimpressed.
‘Hey! How’s that any better than what I said?’ protested Waggy.
Banki, visibly flustered, thought for a little longer, her head rotating a full two times, finally spoke. ‘Then how about Kogasa?’
‘C’mon yer not even tryin!’ Waggy began chastising her, both fists raised above her head, but Kagerou interrupted her.
‘I think that it likes it.’
They all looked at the umbrella, Kogasa now newly named, who was displaying her pleasure with her eye and by hopping up and down. Banki, though she did not say it or let it be seen, was pleased with herself for having come up with a name, though Kagerou and Waggy both knew that it was the case.
‘Yosha!’ Kagerou pumped her fist in the air, while Waggy slapped her fish tail against the floor causing some water to spill.
‘Even still’ Banki said, now speaking in her normal severe manner, ‘we don’t know what kind of yokai she is, and we have to find a way for her to communicate.’

>> No.38570711
File: 948 KB, 806x1314, 1618048866984.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38570682
‘Sometimes I talk with the maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Apparently they have a very well read a knowledgeable mage…maybe she knows something.’ Waggy said this hesitantly, for even though she wished to be helpful, she really she did not want to call on the Mansion, because the elegant chief-maid had frightened her by saying that ‘maybe the mistress ought to prefer sushi tonight.’ And though the maid had meant it as a joke, her refined manner meant that the humor was ill-conveyed to the mermaid.
‘The Vampire?’ Banki said incredulously to the great relief of Waggy. ‘Well, we don’t know if they will help us, and they are rather secretive as it is. But I know of someone here in the village who should be able to tell us what we need to know. In the morning I’ll go to the Hieda house.’
Kagerou and Waggy, who were both acquainted with Hieda no Akyuu because of the activities of the Grassroots Yokai Network (but had forgotten about her since they don’t usually come to town), nodded in approval.
‘Well, the sun will be rising in only a couple of hours, and I don’t think we will be able to sleep much, so let’s have some tea’ said Kagerou, looking expectantly at Banki.
‘You sure know how to make yourself at home…’ She grumbled in reply, but her body (sans her head, which stayed floating where it was) set to work preparing the tea.
While the three yokai girls drank their tea, Kogasa had moved off to the side of the room. The day had been a whirlwind of new sensations for her. She had awoken knowing little but compelled by her instincts had set forth in a strange land. The wound opened by her remembering her own abandonment ached when she thought of it, but at the same time she felt happy when she thought of her new name given to her by the one that saved her. And she enjoyed the cheerful nature of Kagerou and Waggy. She couldn’t help but continue to be optimistic if they were helping her. She felt confident that things would shape themselves and erase her painful memories, while she created new ones for herself.
With this thought leaving her contented, she listened to the girls chatting over their tea. From this she learned some things. She learned that this place was called Gensokyo and that this was the Human Village, and of various other things about current events and the other yokai. They spoke of the most recent incident, and though Kogasa did not know exactly what ‘incident’ referred to, she inferred that they were common enough. They didn’t say overmuch about this incident but mentioned a ‘nuclear hell raven.’ They also spoke of a particular shrine maiden, who they seemed to regard with fear and suspicion. But their talking then gave way to lighter things and they merrily recounted about the goings on in their lives and homes since they last met and engaged in friendly banter with each other. Even Banki, after a little while of loosening up, was in a good cheer, contrary to her normal disposition. This went on until the dawn’s rosy fingers stretched over the eastern sky and the bright morning light filtered into the room.

>> No.38575587

Bumps for Gasa

>> No.38578317
File: 552 KB, 1600x1200, 90CF6B7B-2C8A-49BB-BF4D-F698739F3070.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38582775
File: 94 KB, 600x800, 8217DDA6-DD00-4395-BCFA-012F9F3B681E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38587291
File: 236 KB, 725x1024, 1622299765271.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38595135

>>38570711
Are you planning on finishing this or did some youkai get you?

>> No.38596804

>>38595135
Yes I am going to but I just have to work alot

>> No.38598181
File: 1.54 MB, 1100x1000, 1620332378487.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kogakoga Valentine

>> No.38602093

>>38596804
Good luck with that then. Is your work interesting at least?

>> No.38602258

>>38489634
That image gives me the impression she fell over

>> No.38607728
File: 1.31 MB, 992x1403, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_piyodesu__0fc54c1a6584fd74ef1500ccf380ba0e.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anons, help, she's caught me in her trap!

>> No.38613024
File: 421 KB, 1668x2224, Chocolate-giving classmate Kogasa-chan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38616516
File: 661 KB, 1280x960, Valentine Kogasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38623277
File: 623 KB, 707x1000, You're my Valentiiine!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38627356

>>38623277
Is that chocolate or a jack in the box?

>> No.38627652

>>38627356
high yield IED
(Gasa does a little trolling)

>> No.38630713
File: 323 KB, 1448x2048, 20220216_001808.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lovely little umbrella who doesn't even know how many hearts she has stolen.

>> No.38635975

bump

>> No.38640498

>>38630713
Well, she's yet to steal mine.

>> No.38645485
File: 119 KB, 1000x1000, 20220217_115835.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want ideas, what items would different 2hus need from blacksmith Kogasa?

>> No.38645736
File: 1.80 MB, 1200x1678, kogasasmith.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38645485
Youmu - sword sharpening service
Reimu - Kogasa has made her needles before
Alice - weapons for her dolls (as one other anon suggested)
Nemuno - replacement natas
Patchouli - steel ingots with different composition/layering for elemental magic
Nitori (and other kappa) - parts for their engineering projects

That's it for my suggestions

>> No.38646808

>>38645485
Momoyo would need digging tools, either new ones or a fix-up job for the old set

>> No.38646899

>>38646808
>>38645736
What about more weird stuff?
Remis hellsing glasses was just a simple suggestion of "Remi Sunglasses"

>> No.38647080

>>38646899
Remi asks for a stupid silver chalice (weird)
Patchy asks for astronomy equipment, weird angles and baubles inbound, joy!
Meiling asks for brass knuckles (huh)

Sanae asks for very specific mechanical parts, something or other about a Hisotensoku or whatever

>> No.38647162

>>38647080
>Patchy asks for astronomy equipment
Can Kogasa polish lenses and carve telescope mirrors?

>> No.38651101

bump

>> No.38655265
File: 1.01 MB, 1200x3281, 1622660035533.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38645736
Alice Doll Weapons
Nemuno Nata
>>38647080
Patchy Magical Telescope

I think these 3 will be what I'll work on next.

>> No.38656082
File: 597 KB, 850x1553, astronomy2hus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38655265
>Patchy Magical Telescope
Which construction will she choose - a Galilean refractor, Newtonian reflector or a catadioptric?

>> No.38660781

>>38655265
Could Kogasa make her an orrery as well?

>> No.38662147

>>38660781
Maybe, SDM seems to have become the main location placing orders so a contract job to set up a big orrey in the library might be good.

>> No.38665300
File: 572 KB, 4000x3000, 48fb0c60 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38667238
File: 36 KB, 360x360, 0DB809B3-5E41-4273-8F02-69FBC5B92E42.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do we have a good archive site for Kogasa stories? The umbrella should never be forgotten again

>> No.38669761

I will keep kogasa alive, take my energyyyyy

>> No.38675329
File: 607 KB, 1020x820, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_yamasan__fda4c476f8077b2d19e35af0a9e19868.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38669761
Thanks, anon

>> No.38680721
File: 751 KB, 1600x1184, 多々良 小傘.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38683357

>>38680721
horrifying

>> No.38692521
File: 151 KB, 850x721, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_hammer_sunset_beach__sample-5eb114f0ac5b27ecff26d84a8d22ddea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38655265
When are you planning to release this next installment?

>> No.38693747
File: 2.79 MB, 1280x720, 1617104105122.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38692521
Didn't finish it in time before I had to do something else for the weekend, sorry for the wait.
https://rentry DOT co/93gif

Kogasa set down the pair of orange tinted sunglasses, having finished the final touches.
The glasses seemed too big for the mistress of the mansion, but she had only been asked to repair them and not to resize them.
Moving her gaze back to her forge she saw the spade and pickaxe still there. They would definitely need something magical before she could return them to her client.
The first thing she had done was to awaken the tools as tsukumogami and inquired about how serious she had been about needing tools that could withstand even a dragons scales. Pick and Spade had answered that she had been very serious as what they were mining for was called the dragon gem.
After fixing the tools she had spent her time thinking of a solution while making the sandals for miss Waggy, who had already collected her item. Or rather she had sent the wolf girl to collect them as moving around in a giant tub of water was not terribly convenient.
Kagerou had been much more friendly this time around, even introducing herself by name. Probably because she wasn't hauling a giant pool of water around.

Snapping back from her thoughts Kogasa suddenly noticed a maid standing in front of her holding the pair of sunglasses.
"Very good work, I have brought you another order" the maid said curtly while setting down a packet she had been holding in her other hand.
"Ah! Oh, Thank you kindly" Kogasa quickly responded trying to hide her surprise and taking the packet she had been given.
"Inside are designs for an item miss Knowledge would like you to make and the needed materials to make it."
Opening the packet Kogasa found two halves of a cylinder made of metal, a curved piece of glass, a small lens and an eye piece. Under them was a design for some kind of a tube with the glass pieces inside it and the eye piece poking out the side.
"As for payment would you accept our newly printed Charisma Dollars? They will soon become the only way to trade in Gensokyo"
"Uuh, could I perhaps have a favor in return instead? I was looking for magical aid with another one of my orders and miss Knowledge might have what I need. Does she have any way to magically enhance tools so they could be as strong as dragon scales?"
The maid pondered this for a second before responding "I'm sure miss Knowledge has what you are looking for, but do you mind if I talk with her and we settle this after the her item is ready?"
"Sure, I'll have her stuff ready in a jiffy! By the way, are you sure you don't need me to adjust the size of those sunglasses? They seem to be a bit large for your mistress"
"Oh, these aren't for her use. It will go into our trophy room, but mistress had damaged them pretty badly when she acquired them."
With that the conversation was apparently over as the maid simply disappeared again.

Kogasa decided she might as well start this new order right away as it had provided almost all the materials she needed.
The designs only showed what the finished product should look like and strict instructions as to how the magical runes carved into each piece should align with each other.
From what Kogasa could gather it was a device made to look at the sky, but she didn't really get how it worked when all it had were a few pieces of glass inside of a tube.
First she would have to align and combine the two halves of the cylinder.
It seems that the item would have been easier to make with a cylinder that wasn't cut in half, but maybe that had something to do with the runes carved to the inside of both sides.
After placing the big curved piece of glass on the bottom and the eye piece into a hole on the side of the cylinder she would need to get working on a stand that could support the thing.
She decided that making the stand adjustable for standing or sitting would be a good addition.
And finally she needed to attach and adjust the small lens to the middle of the cylinder so it could be seen from the eye piece.
All in all a rather simple job for the payment she was getting for it and the sunglasses.

1/2

>> No.38693764
File: 12 KB, 550x560, 1626975144472.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38693747
2/2

Looking up from the designs she set them aside for a moment and picked another request from her pile at random.
It was a bulk order of small swords, axes, shields and spears for the other magician, miss Alice.
She always made such big orders for her dolls and gave intricate instructions for cute little designs for each weapon.
Some of the swords had a straight edge with decorated handguards while others were curved or with engravings on the blade itself.
Axes ranged from two handed and one handed hacking axes to even throwing axes with markings on both the shaft and blade.
Each shield seemed to have a design of miss Alice's own making, some of them seemed to tell entire tales by themselves and some deigns were downright terrifying. Kogasa made sure to note down the scary ones for her own research.
Spears were also similarly ornate with markings and illustrations along the shaft while the ends of the spears were mostly all the same with a few of them having extra pointy bits where the shaft and blade met.
It was a lot of work to get all these complex designs into the small weapons, but Kogasa liked this order.
She would imagine the legendary battles the dolls would get into using these mighty weapons when miss Alice next gave one of her puppet performances in the village.
Kogasa had once asked if the weapons really needed to be so deadly if all they were used for were performances.
Miss Alice had responded that the real sound of metal on metal was needed to provide a suitably realistic atmosphere for her plays.
Kogasa couldn't turn down such an earnest request and was smiling already just thinking of making all these tiny weapons.
As this was a regular order Kogasa had already gotten her payment of cloths and silk in multitude of colors.

With that Kogasa decided the third order to work on would have to be the large nata she had gotten from the kind old granny.
She had promised Kogasa plenty of freshly cut meat in return for polishing and repairing her old nata.
Normally the granny apparently did this herself, but she had a run of bad luck and managed to break the nata bad enough that a proper blacksmith was needed.
It was rather obvious that the meat cutter had instead been used as a blunt object against something hard as it had been bent completely out of shape.
Kogasa had asked the nata for more details, but all she had gotten for answers were vague statements about pesky crows and a misplaced rock getting in her way.
With that Kogasa had decided not to pry too much and to get the nata back into tip top shape.
Kogasa wasn't sure where miss granny lived however, maybe she could ask Aya when she next visited since she seemed to know everyone.

With the orders set aside Kogasa stood up and had her umbrella start preparing the forge.
It seemed her forge would burn brightly for a while with all this metalwork ahead of her
As she waited for the heat to rise she gave a last look at Pick and Spade and told them to sit tight, she would make sure they would be fit for fighting dragons in no time!

>> No.38694513
File: 1.17 MB, 1200x1200, __sakata_nemuno_touhou_drawn_by_nyong_nyong__b935dee68bd03c0f100bf1d412b0b6ab.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38693764
>Granny
Does this look like a granny to you?

>> No.38698964
File: 709 KB, 1500x2000, キョンシー小傘ちゃん.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38706937
File: 218 KB, 1352x1044, 再投稿.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38706945

>>38694513
Granny has a nice body.

>> No.38709655

>>38693764
Can Kogasa actually awaken tools as tsukumogami or is that just your headcannon?

>> No.38712107

>>38709655
Headcanon, but I'd imagine if the tools were old enough she could help them gain sentience by sharing some of her own "essence" with them.
Communicating with tools is also a common trope with Kogasa but I actually don't remember if it's been shown in canon anywhere.

>> No.38712224

>>38489634
>>38489654
>>38489675
Are you ESL or can weebs simply not write worth a damn because they spend all of their time reading manga/LN/VN level garbage aimed at manchildren instead of actual literature?

>> No.38712668

>>38694513
Anon all 2who hags are extremely fertile

>> No.38714749
File: 300 KB, 1000x1400, 20220222_141011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38694513
To Kogasa, yes.

>> No.38715556

>>38712224
Probably both.

>> No.38720799

>>38712224
>Are you ESL
Yes, English is my second language

>can weebs simply not write worth a damn because they spend all of their time reading manga/LN/VN level garbage aimed at manchildren instead of actual literature?
I can't stand VNs and seldom read manga (with the exception of Berserk and Junji Ito), most literature that I've been reading lately is either Roman, medieval or some autistic philosophy. This was my first attempt at writing something that is not a dry academic essay or a lab report so my inability to convey emotion probably shows.

>> No.38724937
File: 170 KB, 756x1088, お正月こがばん.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38727796
File: 783 KB, 720x1020, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_piyodesu__898b88ce5d1459782f921324043a55b7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38729128

>>38714749
Sad is bad
Kogasa is not for sad
I want to make her very happy, very healthy, and very pregnant

>> No.38736902
File: 201 KB, 750x1000, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_asutora__3a382a52a1f1b0a6b786ce2b412121ef.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38729128
How many children would you like with her?

>> No.38740304
File: 759 KB, 1259x1648, ネコの日ネコ耳ネコしっぽネコ小傘.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38751239
File: 307 KB, 1600x2500, ☂️_by_nikorashi_ka.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38757438

>>38751239
Why is she so serious?

>> No.38760991

>>38736902
At least a dozen

>> No.38769913

>>38760991
What's her view on the matter?

>> No.38776000

>>38769913
She immediately raided every nearby store for their baby supplies
Send help

>> No.38782834

>>38776000
>Send help
In the form of baby supplies, I presume?

>> No.38786460

>>38757438
you neglected her weekly maintenance for the last time, and she's going to make you pay, one way or the other.

>> No.38793543
File: 66 KB, 644x651, kogasaquestion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38786460
How could I make things up with her?

>> No.38798143
File: 117 KB, 734x1134, kogasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38805696

the bump

>> No.38805776

Is she the girl or is she the umbrella?

>> No.38807861

>>38805776
As I see it, the girl and the umbrella form two halves of the same entity - if you damage the umbrella, the girl also gets hurt and vice versa.

>> No.38813844
File: 1.00 MB, 1829x2279, 20220227_184921.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38805776
The umbrella is vulnerable to physical attacks like using her for protection from the rain.
The girl is vulnerable to spiritual attacks like telling her she would make a great wife.
They are two and one at the same time so you need to treat both equally.

>> No.38817995

>>38813844
How would spiritual damage from requesting her hand in marriage manifest?

>> No.38823869
File: 64 KB, 1065x827, 20220223_213112.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38817995
Her desire to multiply would be stoked to the max, you will not be able to escape her even if you wanted to.

>> No.38828171
File: 210 KB, 615x800, __tatara_kogasa_and_tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_otoufu_wddkq314band__ea2bbf0c2d666cc57a666614457cb575.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38817995
She might start acting a little weird.

>> No.38835462

>>38828171
Does she want me to sleep with the umbrella half? How would that work?

>> No.38841946
File: 683 KB, 780x960, Kogasa deserves headpats.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38842079

>>38835462
>How would that work?
The huge tongue isn't just for show.

>> No.38842133

I hate this umbrella she keeps following me even after I hit her to make go away!

>> No.38842233
File: 164 KB, 931x1200, B60B7436-F75F-4649-914B-722246D7A4A6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38842133
> strike the umbrella.
> Still a youkai

>> No.38849667
File: 943 KB, 3262x4096, 이거 지금보니까 우산 개열심히 그렸네 그래도 삐꾸긴 한데.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38849710

>>38492521
tfw read it from left to right

>> No.38853935
File: 555 KB, 2329x4093, 釣れた〜!🐟🐟🐟🐟.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38863934
File: 308 KB, 868x1228, 多々良の恋火花.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38869745
File: 134 KB, 850x1200, boobgasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Boobgasa or Flatgasa?

>> No.38871976
File: 943 KB, 3075x4096, 20220306_163456.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38869745
Wintergasa!

>> No.38871982

>>38869745
flat when the umbrella is folded
big when her umbrella is open
this just makes more sense than any other way

>> No.38876552
File: 1.33 MB, 1264x1648, ☔Kogasa~chan☔.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38880182
File: 320 KB, 1726x2403, Let's Live in a Lovely Cemetery.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38886962 [DELETED] 

>>38489634

>> No.38888477

>>38886962
What did he mean by this?

>> No.38889886

>>38888477
He did the same in a bunch of other threads for some reason.

>> No.38897280

>>38596804
This anon has been spirited away, it would seem

>> No.38902461
File: 266 KB, 850x1385, smuggasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38902472
File: 1.90 MB, 1575x1750, ever-skinshipping Tsukumogami Kogasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38897280
Anon is now living a happy life with Kogasa now

>> No.38904964

>>38645736
>sword sharpening

Same goes for for Momiji, then

>> No.38905029

>>38712224
>complaining about weebs on a weeb board

>> No.38911009
File: 231 KB, 1670x2672, Shrine Maider Kogasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38913754
File: 422 KB, 1448x2048, 5cc821d35.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38920709

>>38913754
What did Banki ever do to her?

>> No.38926496
File: 3.36 MB, 4093x2894, ワンドロまとめ3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38931203
File: 515 KB, 586x574, cutegasa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38938813
File: 250 KB, 450x600, kogasatatara.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Should I let her in?

>> No.38938859

>>38913754
what is it about pretty girls beating the shit outa each other makes me so fuckin hard

>> No.38938934
File: 1.98 MB, 2622x2381, 1647041109871.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38938813
don't, she'll never leave you alone if you do

>> No.38939081

>>38938813
She's gonna get you one way or another

>> No.38939094

>>38938934
So that means I won't be alone anymore. Is she fertile?

>> No.38939166

>>38938934
I wouldn't mind
Kogasa seems like she would be a fun person to hang with

>> No.38940823

>>38939094
Dangerously so
Lewd her once and she'll have triplets

>> No.38948177
File: 3.26 MB, 1792x2555, どう!?驚いた?.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38952842
File: 198 KB, 850x1252, kogasapregnant.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38940823
Perfect

>> No.38954055
File: 2.96 MB, 1536x2048, 1647142404282.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

she's here

>> No.38954084
File: 134 KB, 553x864, 801bcf05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38955191
File: 782 KB, 4096x2326, Hydrangeas and Forgotten Umbrella.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38965294
File: 107 KB, 900x900, 小傘秋冬の装い.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38969529
File: 95 KB, 1080x1080, 1f29df8464c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38969582

>>38965294
Stylish!

>> No.38975051
File: 337 KB, 1448x2680, 20220314_143453.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38969582
Super stylish!

>> No.38979390
File: 698 KB, 732x570, flasherkogasa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38985903
File: 142 KB, 850x765, kogasabefore.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.38988877

>>38985903
Do NOT post Kogasaafter.jpg

>> No.38990755
File: 141 KB, 850x765, kogasaafter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38988877
Why not? Now you can imagine yourself comforting and befriending her, can't you?

>> No.38992993
File: 692 KB, 900x900, 1644221678860.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38990755
It feels mean to have Kogasa be abused just so I can use that for befriending her.
Kogasa should be happy and I want to see her be happy always!

>> No.38998394
File: 537 KB, 1006x1593, ddb849.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39001536
File: 321 KB, 1600x2000, Kogasa31.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39005425
File: 1.64 MB, 2508x4126, kogasacute22.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kogasa is the cutest!

>> No.39005618 [SPOILER] 
File: 172 KB, 1000x1000, 20220315_214407.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

!

>> No.39008871

>>39005618
I don't understand this image

>> No.39013593
File: 623 KB, 724x952, バーガーと小傘ちゃん.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39018138
File: 207 KB, 1472x828, __kazami_yuuka_tatara_kogasa_and_hijiri_byakuren_touhou_drawn_by_shundou_heishirou__3759d05d76cc41e8ccd8cd344c2ee0d6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39027233
File: 460 KB, 3840x2160, 20220315_214402.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39008871
It's a Kogashark, I bet it surprised you.

>> No.39032027
File: 414 KB, 2000x1600, Kogasa35.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39027233
Yes that was very surprising, I almost fell out of my chair

>> No.39046121
File: 333 KB, 600x780, Kogasa39.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38871976

>> No.39046154

>>39005618
>>39027233
umbrell-a

>> No.39058395

Umbrella paizuri

>> No.39059955
File: 279 KB, 1966x2048, 20220320_123910.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39069855
File: 118 KB, 850x850, tatarakogasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39076839
File: 2.85 MB, 1440x2160, Kogasa40.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39085214

>>39076839
Does the umbrella enjoy rain?

>> No.39090827
File: 903 KB, 7292x4127, Kogasa37resized.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39085214
Yes, but sunny days are fine too

>> No.39099931

>>38902472
Does she like guys who hold her tight because she wants to be used as an umbrella?

>> No.39104671
File: 92 KB, 850x960, kogasa2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39115451
File: 170 KB, 850x1200, kogasachina.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39124034
File: 1.58 MB, 1157x1637, Kogasa41.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39130797

>>38693764
What would anons commission from blacksmith Kogasa?

>> No.39138839
File: 768 KB, 673x1134, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_piyodesu__ac00ea7e0ca45bfad8e4fd33d059a0e6.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do you liuke lewdgasa?

>> No.39144547
File: 119 KB, 850x850, look.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kogasa spotted you

>> No.39146083
File: 83 KB, 275x284, 645B2F41-F6C0-4019-80D7-370938FD978B.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is there an archive of Kogasa stories? I only have this
https://pastebin.com/4csPvAbx

>> No.39146772

I HATE you kogasa leave me alone and stop breaking into my house!

>> No.39153895

>>38712224
We don’t see you doing any better.

>> No.39158730
File: 1.78 MB, 834x935, Kogasa38.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39159884

>>39099931
2hus love being held tight. It makes them feel warm, safe and loved.

>> No.39159918

>>39159884
Do they also love holding their lovers tight?

>> No.39171851
File: 382 KB, 700x700, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_aono3__be57c95edcaf82a8d3292327d2ba9087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

>> No.39175772
File: 798 KB, 744x1052, kogasahug.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39184063
File: 58 KB, 400x400, koga1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39184072
File: 55 KB, 400x400, koga2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39184080
File: 40 KB, 400x400, koga3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39184087 [SPOILER] 
File: 242 KB, 800x807, kogaful.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's the difference between the touhou boards on 2chan?

>> No.39194915
File: 1.45 MB, 2480x3508, Kogasa43.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39195384

>>39175772
Kogasa is going to become a mommy if she keeps showing me her panties like that.

>> No.39200450

>>39195384
That gasa is asking to be hugged - she wants you to make her a mommy

>> No.39205509 [SPOILER] 
File: 155 KB, 913x1024, 20220329_025257.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The gasa has many surprises up her sleeve.

>> No.39214820

>>39205509
Why are her clothes transparent?

>> No.39220763
File: 2.07 MB, 2508x3541, 20220331_082509.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kogasa is self conscious of her big honkers, please don't mention them.

>> No.39221573

>>39214820
She's trying to seduce you, dummy.

>> No.39232129

>>39220763
You mean her massive milkers, her fluffy funbags or maybe her tantalizing tiddies?

>> No.39236669
File: 547 KB, 690x1052, __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_piyodesu__9ca257823bac23e2b428ee2abee3b962.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.39236918

>>39232129
I think he meant gargantuan gazongas.

>> No.39237961
File: 970 KB, 2894x4093, Kogasanice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I prefer a cute Gasa.

>> No.39246985

>>39237961
Cute in appearance or in character as well?

>> No.39249772

>>39236918
What about her juicy jugs?

>> No.39254587
File: 317 KB, 600x600, grabgasa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

She's going to get you

>> No.39261519

>>39220763
Can I touch them instead?

>> No.39264609

>>38489634
I hate this picture so much. Who would want to make Kogasa sad?

>> No.39265587

>>39264609
Well, that's why I wrote a happy continuation to it. Are there any pics of a crying Kogasa getting comforted?

>> No.39266151

>>38489634
>“After ending up here, I tried to surprise some humans and ask them for directions, b-but they l-laughed if off and a-and…” her voice trails off, tears welling up again, “t-they kicked me over and beat me over the head with my umbrella ‘till it broke” she blurts out the last sentence quickly as if unwilling to dwell on the pain any longer.
perfectly civilised normal human behaviour to being suprised by a little girl

>> No.39268261
File: 590 KB, 1000x1000, 1623028516604.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kogasa caused a misunderstanding with the Tengu newspaper.

>> No.39274038

>>39268261
What's the nature of the misunderstanding?

>> No.39274611

>>39274038
Seija actually tops.

>> No.39274761

>>39274038
Kogasa told the newspaper that Seija was using her right now.

>> No.39279754
File: 321 KB, 1000x1000, illust_97290182_20220403_180924.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>39005618
This Kogasa
Just too cute

>> No.39280430

>>39266151
Back alley gopniks aren't exactly civilized or normal

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action