[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 67 KB, 480x469, images (3).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
38228399 No.38228399 [Reply] [Original]

Japanese high school students will teach you about the real Japan, not the anime. Feel free to ask questions

>> No.38228458

Please any question

>> No.38228484

I'll answer your question first. Its a repost from your old thread.
>I have a question for people who like Japanese idols and so on. How do you find out about Japanese idols and how do you get information about them, when most of them are only active in Japan?
We know them from songs and fansites/ fan translation. We're otakus that's obsessed with japanese culture, and noticed of how popular idol is so we follow them. Some like it from the songs, but I can bet that many more loved the personas of idol members themselves. I mean, most of us cant speak/understand japanese much, so those songs we like are just noise that we like from the melody/rhytmn. Some of us that can speak japanese then translate them into various underground sites and subtitles for videos hence why it's able to grow despite them being targeted to japanese only. Japanese idols felt very different than typical US celebrity. The live their character, and had homely and cute personas. I'm also attracted to how far the system was created for them to not break character. If you got scandal, lose popularity, etc, the idols graduated. All those things helped me suspend my disbelief.

>I was surprised to find out that everyone knows more about the maniacs than I expected. Really. I would love to go to Tokyo with all of you and play and talk all day long!
Because this part of the website is for otakus and maniacs. /jp/ is specially made to contain such people from polluting other boards back then. Hence why the questions asked to you were mostly about touhou, weird shit they saw in animes, internet memes, and other subculture stuff.

>> No.38228526

Previous thread btw
>>38206247

>> No.38228556

>>38228399
>Do you have any plans to visit Japan in the near future?
Not at the moment but I'd like to someday.
>What do you dislike about Japan?
If I had to say something, I'd say the oppressive office/work culture. It's becoming a big issue in the west (especially the US, there's alot of strikes going on here over working conditions) and I feel part of it's origins were from Japan.
Do you think Japanese schools are too strict?
Personally yes, but that's just according to the culture I grew up in and my experiences with school. If Japanese like it that's fine.
>I have a question for people who like Japanese idols and so on. How do you find out about Japanese idols and how do you get information about them, when most of them are only active in Japan?
Japanese (and Asian in general) culture is becoming increasingly popular here. Many people find out through either sites like this or though their friends.
>What do older and younger people think about Japan respectively? 
Most don't think about Japan, but many under 40 like things like anime and j-pop and have a fascination with Japanese culture.
>This is sensitive stuff, so you don't have to answer. How do you learn in school that the atomic bomb was dropped on Japan?
My personal opinion is that they were a necessary evil to prevent our two countries from sustaining even worse casualties had Operation Downfall (planned US invasion of Japan) gone through. Many also have the opinion that this helped deter the Soviets from invading Hokkaido and the Kuril Islands via Manchuria but this is widely debated. Perhaps the atomic bombs at Hiroshima and Nagasaki gave the world a warning of what the effects of nuclear weapons are and perhaps that's why they were never used again.

>> No.38228564

>>38228484
I study English and I am amazed at how different it is from Japanese. It's really difficult to translate expressions that only exist in Japanese into Japanese, but if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. I will be happy to help.

You know more about otaku culture than most Japanese people. That's really great!

>> No.38228595
File: 57 KB, 335x500, done.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38228399
Thoughts on this. You ignored it last time which leads me to believe you are a larping cut and paster.

>> No.38228631

>>38228399
what the weirdest thing that happened to you recently? Bonus points if its inherently Japanese, The likes which we here cant experienced in our countries.

Like for comparison, for the holidays I went back to my family's old house in. It's listed as a historic site so we cant renovate the outside. While sleeping I heard the sounds of chains being dragged in the attic. My ancestor were slave owners and my family always think the ghost of the dead slaves still haunts the premise. Something like that.

>> No.38228664

>>38228595
I am not familiar with the case, but sometimes in Japan such problems between children can be serious. I am not familiar with the case, but in Japan sometimes such problems between children become serious, but we do not have the means to solve them yet.

Sorry, I don't know what larping cut means.

>> No.38228700
File: 16 KB, 512x288, major force.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38228664

>> No.38228708

>>38228556
日本では人種が違う人を全く見ないせいで、アジア人以外のアイドル等に熱狂する人が少ないので、アジアのアイドルを好きなことに文化の違いを感じます

日本では教科書が原子爆弾や韓国やロシアが占拠している島々について語る時、中立的に語ります。たとえば、原子爆弾については日本が世界で初めて原子爆弾を投下された国である。などです。教科書にはどちらが悪い、などの思想が載らず、事実だけが書かれています。

>> No.38228715

>>38228399
Replying to your questions from the previous thread
I would love to. It would be nice to visit the historical sites at Kyoto, and also go on a hiking trip through the various mountain ranges.
I'd supposed I'd echo the sentiment about the strict work culture, but on a more minor note one thing I've heard that surprises me is that homes don't gain value from additions. What I mean is that if you were to build a pool for a house in Japan, the house wouldn't be worth more because of it, meanwhile here in the states when you add on to a house the house's value goes up. Granted this may not be entirely true, but that's what I've heard from someone else who lived in Japan. I suppose I also don't like how super strict Japan is with gun control (and by extension, sword control,) though this is my Texan bias bleeding through
>Do you think Japanese schools are too strict?
I'm not sure. I haven't experienced it for myself. My brother in law actually went to school in Japan growing up (he's half Japanese and would spend the summers there as a kid) and from what he described it didn't sound that harsh.
Speaking from what I know, my parents who are both baby boomers hold Japan in high regard. My father especially likes how Japan values and maintains its culture and homogeneity. Most young people also like it, although their perspective does seem to be skewed by anime and manga, although I assume the same is probably true for how most Japanese view America by American media.
>How do you learn in school that the atomic bomb was dropped on Japan?
The school systems vary in how they teach history, but in my school it was generally treated as tragic, but unfortunately necessary. For our Senior (12 Grade) high school history finals tests my class even had to right an essay over whether or not we thought it was justified.

>> No.38228737

>>38228556

I feel there is a cultural difference in liking Asian idols, because in Japan there are not many people who are enthusiastic about non-Asian idols etc. because they don't see people of different races at all!

In Japan, textbooks are neutral when they talk about the atomic bomb and the islands occupied by Korea and Russia. For example, when they talk about the atomic bomb, they say that Japan was the first country in the world to be hit by an atomic bomb. And so on. There is no ideology in the textbooks, only facts.

Sorry, I forgot to translate!

>> No.38228750

How do you feel about people who are into ryona/guro involving fictional characters?

>> No.38228774

>>38228737

Why are Japanese so hypocritical and racist? even though your people are racist they'll never admit is not racism.

>> No.38228787

>>38228631
When I saw a news report about the police raiding a yakuza's house, the police shouted at the yakuza who didn't open the door and I couldn't tell which one was the yakuza.

>> No.38228806

>>38228664
larper is basically a pretender, from:
LARP - Live action role-playing game.
That guy meant that you're not really a Japanese student, but someone who's pretending to troll people.
(You don't have to defend yourself from this assumption by the way, you can just ignore it.)

>> No.38228808

>>38228700
Is he?

>> No.38228819
File: 82 KB, 720x505, Screenshot_20211015-104801_Instagram.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Id love to but its way too expensive for me and I dont know Japanese outside of the basics and some anime quotes
They seem to be dishonest with themselves and it's encouraged to do
Do you think Japanese schools are too strict?
They seem like it but I dont think I would have problems since im a pretty by the rules kind of guy
A tv network that airs anime used to show music videos of Japanese bands and idols, that and super sentai as a kid gave me yellow fever. I started to "follow" idols after falling in love with 工藤 遥 thanks to her first show lupinranger vs Patoranger. I'm not into the music for the most part so I just follow them because they are cute.
What do older and younger people think about Japan respectively? 
Old people think of it as an very advanced and intelligent but wierd country. Younger people love it, mainly because anime is a big part of our lives belive it or not.
>This is sensitive stuff, so you don't have to answer. How do you learn in school that the atomic bomb was dropped on Japan?
※I can understand both the American and Japanese ideas at the time. I'm just curious.
Since our country wasn't involved at all in the war, we are just thought the most important events of it. When talking about the bomb we are told about all the events that led to that decision and we try to forms our own opinions about it. Personally I think it was the right decision to drop the bomb, since it would end the war right there and then, but droping it in civilians is a very questionable thing to do, even considering how the Japanese people feel about the conflict.

>> No.38228823

>>38228715
京都!私もいってみたいです!

日本では家にプールがあったら大金持ちです。ですが、そもそも庶民はプールがあっても使いません

そのテストはかなり難しいですね。日本の教育と全然違います

>> No.38228855

>>38228750
日本のスラング風に言うのなら、BAKA crazyです。私は嫌い

>> No.38228865

Maybe go there someday to take a course to be able to teach Japanese in my country.
>What do you dislike about Japan? Everything from your culture, to your mannerisms and your way of life, that stupid workaholic life, hivemind mentality, hypocrites, and stubborn people, close to new ideas and foreigners.
Submissive pieces of shit.
Cannot remember, but 2 wasn't enough.
日本人たちがくそ野郎だ

>> No.38228869

>>38228750
To use a Japanese slang expression, it's BAKA crazy. I hate it!

>> No.38228870

>>38228399
You can use green text to quote people by putting ">" before the phrase

Also, when you create a new thread don't forget to make a link to the previous one, like this >>38228526 in the OP-post.

>> No.38228873

How aware are the Japanese, at least in otaku circles, of the western meme "カニ”? The joke is that the Japanese word for crab sounds like the English word "cunny", which has become to mean loli vagina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odhRUCsQFs8

>> No.38228902

>38228806
Thank you for teaching!

>> No.38228914

>>38228870
Also, I forgot if you can put the previous thread to the archive manually, or not, someone help.

>> No.38228941
File: 619 KB, 800x1000, curiousfuto.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38228269
My friend is planning to do a postdoc there so I'll probably go for a visit (in 2-3 years time).
High urbanization. As a Baltic swamp dweller I prefer forests and wilderness. I also tend to say what I think out loud and dislike people who lie about their true views on a situation to make others feel comfortable.
My own school was very free spirited even when compared to other local schools so I'd say yes. I would struggle with an enforced dress code as I hate having to worry about my appearance.
I'm not into idols, but my foray into Japanese media started when a classmate in middle school introduced me to Fullmetal Alchemist.
Older people here tend to put the entirety of Asia under soviet-era stereotypes, so the general view is rather dismissive. Younger generations have some familiarity through anime (mostly Dragonball) thus they're also prone to stereotyping, except those stereotypes tend to be more positive.
It's not given that much attention here, especially when compared to the eastern front atrocities, which saw my countrymen on all sides creating some interesting moral dilemmas. In high school textbooks the entire pacific theatre is around 2 pages.

I have a question for you - why did you decide to make this thread and lose valuable sleep time over a bunch of internet retards?

>> No.38228950

>38228819
There are countries I'd like to visit too, but the prices are too high.

I was watching Kamen Rider.

That's a good way of teaching.

>> No.38228994

What is the purpose of this thread?
OP isn't even Japanese

>> No.38228998

>>38228715
Kyoto! I wish I could go there!

In Japan, if you have a swimming pool in your house, you are a rich man. In Japan, if you have a swimming pool in your house, you are a rich man, but if you have a pool, you don't use it!

That test is quite difficult. It's very different from Japanese education!

I'm sorry, I wrote what I wanted to say in Japanese and then tried to translate it myself, but I sent the Japanese version.

>> No.38229010
File: 1.30 MB, 498x479, cirnoboxing.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38228950
If you want to link to a post, put >> in front of the post number.

>just turns the text green, allowing you to quote directly

>> No.38229035

>>38228950
when you're referring to the number of poster use ">>". Use ">" only to quote other peoples' words.

>> No.38229039

>>38228870

>フレーズの前に「>」を付けると、緑色のテキストを使用して人を引用できます。

Thanks for your kindness!

>> No.38229056
File: 298 KB, 700x779, 1634067200722.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38228998
Its all good! Thanks for replying.
I was wondering how much do history books in Japan talk about ancient and classical European history, such as Alexander the Great, Rome, and such.

>> No.38229067
File: 3.04 MB, 3968x2976, IMG_20220118_092445.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was watching TV earlier and the announcer was wearing a costume.

>> No.38229087
File: 387 KB, 1744x2560, 81hEml1YoEL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38228399
what do you have against 半島人

>> No.38229091

>>38229067
nice

>> No.38229107 [DELETED] 

Is it true that most Japanese people are unaware of the atrocities committed by their country in Asia when they were still an empire?

>> No.38229112

>>38229056
That era started in high school.
You will learn In junior high school we focused on the Hellenistic period.

Japanese textbooks are less biased and list the major events in the world. There is no dependence of pages on any one country.

>> No.38229155

>>38228941
>My friend is planning to do a postdoc there so I'll probably go for a visit (in 2-3 years time).
Enjoy Japan! You should eat ramen.

>I'm not into idols, but my foray into Japanese media started when a classmate in middle school introduced me to Fullmetal Alchemist
I've never seen it. I'm pretty sure it was a live action movie.

>> No.38229171

>>38229039
np. Also don't feel disheartened by people not thanking you for the answer, It's partially due to the bump-limit of 300 replies. They don't want the thread to die fast because of too many short replies.

>> No.38229173
File: 3.48 MB, 3968x2976, IMG_20220118_092649.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38229067
It was an introduction to a place where you can ask people in cosplay and have a cocktail inspired by that character!

>> No.38229183

Whats the general view on mental health / people with mental illness over in Japan? Mental health where I'm from is very much a hot topic issue and a very divisive one at that, especially in regards to how people with mental illness are treated and depicted in media.

>> No.38229206

>>38229107
This.

>> No.38229223

>>38229183
They are treated with care. However, this is against the background of Japan's increasing suicide rate.

>> No.38229244

>>38228941
>I have a question for you - why did you decide to make this thread and lose valuable sleep time over a bunch of internet retards?
I wanted to see if there were people abroad who liked Japanese anime and stuff.

>> No.38229250

>>38229244
>I wanted to see if there were people abroad who liked Japanese anime and stuff.
not a single person

>> No.38229269

>>38228399
What's a good start for learning Japanese?

>> No.38229273

>>38229269
talk to your japanese mom

>> No.38229275

>>38229107
We learn in school about the colonial rule of Asian countries and other countries that we invaded. We don't know if we are learning enough about it. But learning is not the only way to solve this problem.

>> No.38229276

>>38229250
Then why do the "Otaku Culture" section exists?

>> No.38229300
File: 1.31 MB, 3064x3176, 1628989272815.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38229244
I'd pay no mind to the trolls. There some anon here who seems to be unhinged and trying to derail the discussion.
I have one last question before I call it a night - what's the Japanese word, or equivalent or "shitposting" - intentionally acting like an idiot and being disruptive in online discussions? Are there any sort of famous Internet trolls in Japan?

>> No.38229318

>>38229244
>>38229300
* whats the japanese word, or equivalent for "shitposting"
sorry, I made a mistake in the sentence

>> No.38229321

>>38229269
Learn hiragana and katakana. All Japanese can be expressed using only hiragana. In fact, kanji can be expressed using hiragana. Kanji and katakana are used to make writing easier to read. When you see a kanji in a sentence, you can usually tell how to read it by the fact that it is written above the hiragana. Katakana, however, is katakana alone. So you should learn katakana.

After that, all you have to do is memorise words, mainly verbs. Grammar is fine after you have some basic knowledge.

>> No.38229339

takenoko or kinoko? or maybe some other snack?
also do schools allow students to date? Obviously students will do it anyways regardless of what the school says, but here in my country for example it's not uncommon to see couples in high school spending time together, hugging and kissing during recess, but no more than that, would this be accepted behavior in Japan?

>> No.38229404
File: 160 KB, 349x462, thumbs up.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38229321
I see. Thank you for the advice, Nipponjin-kun.

>> No.38229405

>>38229318
There is no corresponding Japanese language. In Japan, such people usually say things that are not appropriate for the occasion. For example, when a streamer is streaming, they post the URL of another streamer's stream.

Of all the Japanese slang words, BAKA is the easiest to translate into English, as it means stupid, but if you add an adjective after BAKA, it emphasises the meaning of the adjective. For example, BAKA crazy is "fucking crazy". Japanese people often use this pattern too, such as BAKA KAWAII!

>> No.38229476

>>38229339
>takenoko or kinoko?
I like kinoko. However, answering this question means that the takenoko faction will try to kill me. Today, my life may be over.

If I do kiss at school, teacher will be angry with me. But even if they don't, Japanese student couples often hide the fact that they are in a relationship, so they don't do it at school!

>> No.38229480

I'm going over soon to Japan to teach English (I know it's a meme job but I don't care). What are some things I should know to avoid both being hated by future students, and being fooled by future students?

>> No.38229487 [DELETED] 
File: 23 KB, 400x426, 1590856064293.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38228399
off-topic underage shitposter trying to force his own blogshit into a general filled with dicksucking redditors

do fucking something mods

>> No.38229500

>>38229487
>do fucking something mods
Do you know where you are?

>> No.38229507
File: 3 KB, 128x127, E87qmsYXIAM4VsG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38229487
>Japanese kid doing a QnA in a weaboo board
>off-topic
Are you baked right now, anon?

>> No.38229544 [DELETED] 

you shittos deserved current /jp/
do not ever dare crying again about the board state. you beg for attentionwhores like op to exist

you fucking deserve current /jp/

>> No.38229546

OP, I hope you don't skip classes for the sake of this thread. And also, don't forget to sleep a proper amount of time.

>> No.38229582

What's food like in schools? Is there a school cafeteria, and are meals provided for free or do you have to buy? What muchf allowance do students get from their parents?

>> No.38229587

>>38229546
I think it's too late

>> No.38229608

>>38229544
Attention whores are not what ruined jp. There are less of them now in fact.

>> No.38229625

>>38229480
There are two types of native English teachers in Japan.

The first is the one who is always quiet, scary and difficult to talk to.

The second is the one who is too cheerful and out of touch with Japanese people.

For some reason, there are two types of native English teachers: the first type is avoided by the students, and the second type is more likeable. The second type of teacher is more likeable, but it is tiring to be cheerful in a boring class. If you have a good-natured student in your class, it is a good idea to talk to him or her in class and ask him or her to say something funny to lighten the mood.

It is also a good idea to engage with students during break times. Play sports with them, eat with them, chat with them, etc.

And if you get students to discuss things in English in groups during class, they will usually start talking about things that are not relevant to the class. You have to understand that Japanese people don't really speak English.

We are all human beings, even if we were born in different places. You can also talk about your favourite anime or games.

Some ALT teachers are very successful. They seem to enjoy it. Don't look down. You won't see as many foreigners in Japan as you might think. So the younger and more inexperienced you are, the more difficult it will be for you to deal with foreigners.

>> No.38229696

>>38229582
In Japan, school lunches are served in primary and secondary schools, and school cafeterias are usually available in high schools.

School lunches cost $1.50 per meal and are nutritionally balanced, with a dedicated nutritionist planning the menu. The meals are generally prepared in the school's kitchen and are warm and tasty. Refills are also available.

The school canteen costs $3.50 per meal. These are like restaurants, where there is always a set menu and you can choose what you want. Some students use the school cafeteria, others bring their parents' packed lunches, and some buy their meals at convenience stores outside the school.

>> No.38229724

>>38229582
This varies greatly from family to family. Some families give a fixed amount every month, others give what they need when they need it. High school students can work part-time, so many of them work after school to earn money.

>> No.38229822

So what is the general view of Christianity in Japan? I know from my general understanding of anime and RPGs that there's either a complete misunderstanding of it (A good example is in touhou where Kasen says Jesus was very attached to his flesh), or an outright hatred of it. What would you say is the general level of understanding about Christianity, as well as your own?

>> No.38229896

You mentioned being an actual student president in the last thread, what made you decide to run? Is there any benefit? I imagine you could put that on your CV if nothing else... Do you guys have an actual Public Morals Committee (as anime often shows) to ensure students don't break the rules? The stereotype is a member of the StuCo (often the pres) standing at the schoolgate every morning inspecting everyone's dress code lol

And speaking of that, how much are students allowed to show individuality? Like haircuts, accessories, etc. Where I'm from they don't care too much about that, as long as you wear the uniform, so girls can do whatever haircut, wear bracelets, paint their nails, shave their arms/legs, put on some makeup (no clown faces though), etc. Guys can come in with beard pubes (I didnt shave for 5 years after I first had facial hair but I don't grow much), untidy hair, visibly hungover...the school will tell you to cut your hair if it's too long though, but unless you go really extreme with your appearance (skirt too short, etc) they don't care much.

I remember reading some article a few years back about a school that made it mandatory for everyone with non-black hair to dye it black and they got bad press for it... I think it also mentioned that it's normal for schools to require parents to submit proof that their child has non-black hair and isn't dyed, like a baby photo but it shows how strict they are to ensure everyone conforms to a standard.

>> No.38229898
File: 290 KB, 905x1307, 147.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38229822
They think this guy is Jesus in Japan.

>> No.38229953

>>38229822
It is about the relationship with Judaism, the existence of the Old and New Testaments, the life of Christ in general, and the separation between Catholicism and Protestantism. To be honest, the Japanese don't think much of Christianity. It's just one of the many words that appear in history textbooks. They don't think of Christianity in terms of games and other things that remind them of it. When Japanese people think of religion, they think of Christianity and a picture of Christ tied to a cross. So it's not that they think of Christianity, it's that they only know Christianity. And because of this image, the cross often appears as a useful symbol to image religion . The rest of the setting is just made up by the Japanese.

>> No.38230083

>>38228399
>>38228269
I actually went to Japan for over two weeks in the summer of 2019, looks like I got lucky with the last chance before the pandemic. I had a great time and I'm planning to go again when it's over and the borders open up. Maybe even try to stay for longer and live there, because my country is gradually becoming a shithole and I've always wanted to do that anyway.
Yeah, probably the work culture as everyone says. That's why I'd like to work at a company that's more western-styled (or maybe try a freelance job or something) if I ever move to Japan for longer. Shouldn't be too hard as I'm in IT.
It can sound a bit scary when compared to other countries, but it's not like Japan is the only place where students have a hard time. Besides that, it's your culture, you guys are used to it, and if you don't have a problem with it then why would I have one?
Mostly following them on Twitter, watching various streams and talking about them in some threads here. I import some Japanese magazines from time to time, too. I've been learning Japanese for a few years now, so I usually don't need any translators/subtitles. It gives me something interesting to read in Japanese, so I can learn something by reading too (and often with more common language that people use everyday compared to reading a book, for example).
Can't really say for older people, but Japanese technology of old like cars and electronics is generally highly regarded. I know people that import audio equipment from Japan, from example.
The younger generation likes Japan usually. Could just be the environment around me, but there are many that are interested in the country or watch anime, even if they're not full-on otaku and more of a normie type.
It's taught together with other WWII topics in history lessons. Usually viewed as a "lesser evil" that ended the war quicker and less bloody than a potential invasion.
I guess it doesn't really mean much unless you experience it closer, until then it's just something that happened 80 years ago on the other side of the world. For me, it hit hard when I went to the Peace Memorial Museum in Hiroshima. Seeing various photos and presentations, looking at the items gathered there, reading the notes and stories, etc. The tragedy and sadness really got to me then.

>> No.38230109
File: 45 KB, 570x321, 1_498.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Europeans often believe the US to be a homogenous landmass that is just "New York City", "San Francisco" "A bunch of rednecks and cowboys in the country space in between" and often ignore how diverse the culture is. Are there any specific areas of US culture you like, or think are popular to mention? I remember talking with a few Japanese and being surprised at how popular (or more specifically known at all) Southern US culture was to some groups, with movies like Gone with the Wind or Song of the South.

Inversely, do you believe that's an issue with how Japan is seen internationally, as a single landmass, and there only being a "Japanese" culture, as opposed to, for example, Hokkaido culture, Kyushu culture, etc.

>> No.38230171

>>38229896
>You mentioned being an actual student president in the last thread, what made you decide to run?
It was simply curiosity.

>Is there any benefit?
You can write about your appointment on your transcript. That can be an advantage in the university entrance exam.

>actual Public Morals Committee (as anime often shows) to ensure students don't break the rules? The stereotype is a member of the StuCo (often the pres) standing at the schoolgate every morning inspecting everyone's dress code lol
In this regard, there are schools where this committee exists and schools where it does not. In my secondary school there was one. And I was a member of it. Yes, I used to stand in front of the school gate and check the uniforms.

>how much are students allowed to show individuality?
Boys must not have fringes reaching their eyebrows. And it is forbidden to wear waxes etc. Cropping the sides is also forbidden. There are also some rules for girls. All make-up etc. is forbidden. Shortening of skirts is not permitted in the school uniform. Shaving is not allowed. In some schools, the hair style is becoming more and more free. Some schools do not have uniforms and students wear their own clothes.

Certainly, students are much more bound by the rules than in non-Asian schools. This is because, in Japan, we believe that individuality is about humanity and not about appearance. School is also a place to learn about social norms. We dare to restrain our students in order to teach them how to be polite in a formal setting. After learning common sense in junior and senior high school, students can choose their own clothes and hairstyle at university.

>> No.38230286

How much variation is there in school uniforms? Any schools that still keep the long skirt fashion? What's your favorite?

>> No.38230393

What is the general opinion on lolicon? what would happen to someone that admitted to being a lolicon?

>> No.38230427

how many people like to listen to music like house, dnb, techno, hardcore or trance? are DJ sets with this kind of music common, or do people mostly just listen to j-core when playing rhythm games?

>> No.38230430

>>38230393
Same as in the west. Social suicide and might put you in physical danger.

>> No.38230500

I appreciate you, Japanese friend

>> No.38230504

Do you go to arcades often (if at all)? Looks like they've been in decline for some time now, some are even closing (obviously the pandemic didn't help). How popular are they among young people?

>> No.38230526

When I was younger in America, I knew people who thought that if they were born in Japan they would be happier. Are there students in Japan who feel similarly about other countries? For instance, are there unhappy people in Japan who wish they were born in Europe or Mexico?

>> No.38230820

>>38230393
If you do it on the internet, fine, but if you do it in real life, you will die a social death.

>> No.38230830

>>38230427
There will always be a certain number of people in every generation who like it. But they are more of a minority, and the DJ set does exist.

>> No.38230843

>>38230504
I won't go there. The only people who go there are the people who live there. And with the declining birth rate and the ageing population, I think almost all of them are going out of business.

>> No.38230860

>>38230526
I've never heard of it. A child born into a badly impoverished family, or one with parents who are violent towards their children, may wish to have been born into a different family, but not into a country other than Japan!

>> No.38230866

Do you play video games? If so, what type?

>> No.38230890

how do i maked my life an anime i am 31 and it hurts

>> No.38230902

>>38230866
I play Nintendo switch. I like splatoon.

But, almost my friend are playing apex on pc or ps5

>> No.38230935

What's the biggest difference between the current generation and the older one?

>> No.38230936

>>38230890
1 get some money

2 Move to Tokyo

3 Go to a maid cafe and have fun with cute girls who know a lot about otaku culture.

4 If you like high school girls, there are plenty of places with girls in uniform. You can even see a real JK. You can even get a girl in uniform to kneel on your lap!

5 If you like anime like 君の名は(your name) go to the countryside. If you like anime like A, go to the countryside and see the scenery you saw in anime.

>> No.38230970

>>38230936
what's the cheapest place in Tokyo to live? 多摩?

>> No.38230971
File: 12 KB, 554x554, images (4).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>38230286
Boys are basically blazers or gakurans

For girls, there is a huge amount of checked skirts, sailor uniforms, blue shirts, white shirts, ribbons, ties and other combinations.

A GAKURAN is something like the one in the picture.

>> No.38230996

>>38229300
>>38229318
Arashi 荒し is pretty much a direct translation for internet troll

>> No.38231002

>>No.38230935
Knowledge about Digital

>> No.38231020

>>38230970
If you are satisfied with an old wooden building without a bath and without a shower, there are several other places.

>> No.38231028

>>38228399
This whole thread is cringe central.

>> No.38231029

How do Japanese people learn grammar in school?

In general, how are people who post on imageboards viewed by society in Japan?

What kind of manga do old people read?

>> No.38231030

>>38230902
You have to convert them. Don't let western battle royale trash take over Japan, please.

>> No.38231040

>>38230936
hmmm are japanese really ok with bald aging foreigners?

>> No.38231051

Hey japanese guy, what do you think of sukeban? I really wish they would return and be trendy again in manga...

>> No.38231093

Which couples are more common: Japanese girls with foreign guys or Japanese guys with foreign girls?

>> No.38231103

>>38228399
日本語を勉強している海外のヲタクについてどう思いますか

>> No.38231129

>>38231029
>How do Japanese people learn grammar in school?
subdivide sentences into nouns, verbs, adjectives, ...etc. and then, learn pattern for expressing questions, patterns for expressing the past, etc.

>In general, how are people who post on imageboards viewed by society in Japan?
You will learn how to subdivide sentences into nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. You will learn patterns for questions, patterns for expressing the past, etc.
They are even more geeky than the rest of us

>What kind of manga do old people read?
The old man does not read comics!

>> No.38231154

>>38231040
Money is the answer to everything. If you have enough or money, JK will come to you.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action