[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 94 KB, 620x375, 9577-620x-maidcafe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3673399 No.3673399 [Reply] [Original]

hi there JP one of friends plans to open a Maid/Cosplay/Japanese-Style Café.

SO he went to the bank today but got refused,"There is no market as such" and "No demand in this business"

He didnt give up und is going to visit an other bank soon.

So i ask does /jp/ have decent pictures of Japanese Café`s or restaurent? Like Cosplay or normal...

Or a link to a page for even those enviroment or equipment.

Thanks

>> No.3673408

What state does he live in?
Can I expect a shop opening near my home?

>> No.3673409

You're probably better off doing a local survey to gauge interest rather than showing them pictures. Any maid / cosplay cafes that have people in them will be Japanese and thus a totally different market. That OP cafe looks ugly but it's in Toronto anyway, I think.

>> No.3673414

You're probably going to have a tough time getting any kind of loan in this economy right now, let alone for something even remotely outlandish like a maid cafe.

>> No.3673424
File: 32 KB, 110x110, 1253834480821.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There is one(1) in Monterrey, Mexico. I was told it was doing ok.

>> No.3673435

well its outside the US its in germany and well there is not a single Cosplay/Maid cafe in bigger styles.

to convince the bankpeople he need to show a list with enviroment and prizes (dont care if euro or dollar or even yen)

and pictures of working Restaurants to prove

>> No.3673483

>>3673409
good idea btw.

a gauge is planned now

>> No.3673494

>>3673424
Oh... oh god.

http://oshimai.com/

>> No.3673499

>>3673483

local survey /fixed

>> No.3673506

>>3673499
You didn't make one already? How do you know that anyone would be interested?

Where would this be, anyway?

>> No.3673522 [DELETED] 

>>3673424
It's only just occurred to me now, but it looks like Komachi's hips rotate about her waist.

The best thing you can do is attempt to prove to the bank the marketability of an idea. Don't just come up to them with any idea and, from what it sounds like, no preparation on your friend's part.

>> No.3673530

>>3673424
It's only just occurred to me now, but it looks like Komachi's hips spin about her waist.

The best thing you can do is attempt to prove to the bank the marketability of an idea. Don't just come up to them with any idea and, from what it sounds like, no preparation on your friend's part.

>> No.3673526

They're a fairly niche market not easily found outside of Asia. Unless he plans on opening one in a big city that's known for hosting LARGE anime conventions, I agree with the banks' refusal of lending him money.

>> No.3673562

its going to be in hannover.

he did his preparation well and stuff i just to stupid to post right...

well and the bank did stop listen to him as he started with anime and cosplay related things. if he just had said i want to amke an cafe it would probaly went okay... but now he has to dio even more preparation.. i just try to help him

>> No.3673564

>Maid/Cosplay/Japanese-Style Café
>Outside of Japan

Ugh....

I'm not bashing your idea but can you guys imagine how one of these would function outside of Asia?

It'll be full of the same rude whores you find working in fast food restaurants or the ones who work in hooters.

DO NOT WANT.

>> No.3673591

>>3673564

actually got a round line up of girls already.
(no sry no pic)

well the choice is not that hard to find pretty women

>> No.3673602

>>3673591
Pretty AND sweet?

I don't think so. Oh, and ur business sucks if u dun have pics 4 me 2 fap to.

>> No.3673606

>>3673399

That is one manly man in the back of the picture.

>> No.3673615

>Maid Café
>its going to be in hannover

oh god

>> No.3673619

>>3673591

>actually got a line up of round girls already.

fixed.

>> No.3673624 [DELETED] 
File: 146 KB, 768x1024, 1250693764492.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tits always help

>> No.3673634

>>3673624
Reported. Enjoy your ban.

>> No.3673636 [DELETED] 
File: 77 KB, 950x650, 1250704162554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3673648
File: 359 KB, 500x667, 1250701661238.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this should be a waitress

>> No.3673650

So here's the Maid Cafe story.

It happened on the 26th, but the events leading to attending this place started a week before when I spent a night out with my sister (she used to live in Japan, and spoke the lingo nicely) and a friend of hers from her time in Japan.

This friend was a pretty cool dude, and he took us around a few of the less travelled paths of Japanese tourism. We had yakitori in a place that might as well have been some dude's foyer, and we drank in a bar that wasn't much bigger. Then the friend took us way off the beaten track to a small family-run okonomiyaki restaurant. During this entire adventure we were all drinking heavily, and this friend (who doesn't know that much english) is saying something to my sister, and I don't even know what he said but the words "Maido bar" come out, and they see my face wrinkle up in disgust.

I'll admit at the time, I didn't know much about Maid Cafes/Bars and whatnot, but what I knew at the time was that you paid girls dressed as maids to like you. I was half right.

Seeing the look on my face, the friend makes a decision. He would take us to a maid bar or cafe or whatever he could get us to. My continued look of horror only spurs my sister to agree, and I relent on the condition that our other two travelling buddies come along for the ride. It is agreed upon, and a week later all five of us are off to Akihabara, otaku capital of Tokyo and the beginning of what was my lesson in what a Maid Cafe truly was.

>> No.3673654

So what is a Maid Cafe, truly? Well my definition was not too far off. There were certainly maids, and you certainly paid them to pretend they liked you. But that doesn't quite capture what they do to you when you enter a maid cafe.

The cafe itself was situated on the fourth or fifth floor of a building that was mostly a large freaking costume shop where you could buy giant pikachu suits or something retarded like that. When you got there, you had to sit outside on numbered stools until they were ready for you to enter the cafe. This means that everyone going past you to upper levels of the building (the building was pretty big) will see you sitting there. That's no big deal though, once you realise that people going past are probably only jealous you have disposable income to blow on more than just anime dolls.

Eventually our party of five was given rulesheets to look out while we waited. The sheets were in english for my convenience, but I kind of wish I hadn't read it.

Maid Cafe Rules:
1. 700 yen just to get in.
2. You have to buy a drink or meal on top of that.
3. You are only allowed to be in the cafe for 60 minutes.
4. Everything involving maids costs money and demeans you as a human being.

Keep in mind the whole time you're in that cafe you're a Master or Mistress. Apparently a really terrible one, but at least you're rich right? 8 Bucks US just to get in. Then you're paying, but you're not just paying in money oh no.

It was once were seated and reminded of the rules of Maid Club that the Moe began. The Moe Moe Moe.

>> No.3673657

Continuing the story, just getting a maid to take our order was a trip down holy fuck lane. Before we could order, we were directed by our maid to summon moe magic. My sister had to explain this to me, and even she seemed utterly bewildered by what was going on. Eventually her use as a translator would be rendered useless but at least the ritual of ordering things as we knew it was 'explained'.

Ever seen that ridiculous "MOE MOE KYUN" shit on Youtube? If not go look it up. I had to do that. I had to do that so that 700 yen I paid would increase to over 1000 when I bought their mandatory order. I don't even know why I had to do it, but I had to do it.

So we made little hearts with our fingers whilst my real one tried to choke itself to death to save me, we placed some orders. There were some ordinary drinks, a sort of weird omlette thing that the maid would personally draw a cute picture with ketchup on when she brought it to your table, a cocktail where the maid shakes it and I guess yells MOE MOE SHAKE or something. We settled on a pasta for the group, which the maid we were told would come out and mix up for us.

Of course, the mixing itself was another opportunity for us to flex our moe muscles, since to mix the pasta we had to give the maid more cutesy moe posing and yelling. Just why the hell was I paying a maid to watch ME do this shit? Maybe it was just a gaijin prank or something. I was getting the stink-eye from two dudes who looked like regulars (i.e. they looked like retarded nerds). I have no idea if I was ruining their immersion or had inadvertantly stolen their maid of choice. Maybe they were just being smug because I was a mere newb at this game of maiding, whilst they were shining paragons of masters, great piles of money heaped into games and photographs.

>> No.3673666

Of course, all this moe moe bullshit hit its zenith shortly after the others got their photos taken with their favourite maids (I didn't because I honestly did not know what the fuck I was supposed to do with a wallet-photo that cost 7 bucks US that was drawn on with a sharpie, plus I was the odd one out anyway). As soon as they got back, two maids burst out onto a tiny stage in the far end of the cafe area we were in and began speaking so fast my sister's mouth fell open. I can only assume the earlier moe rituals had unlocked the seventh seal and brought forth the maid demons of the underworld or something, because those girls were talking in fucking tongues. They went on back and forth for ten minutes whilst everyone else either looked on in confusion or jerked off under the tables. Or both. I don't know. I was eating my hands.

Finally the blathering of the maids came to a resolution. We were to play a game of MOE MOE PAPER ROCK SCISSORS. Everyone in the goddamn room. But we couldn't just do the three fists thing, oh no. We needed a friggin' briefing of the actions we needed to do before deploying our moe-hand-weapons. We had to make all manner of bizarre noises which probably appealed to mouth-breathers with body-pillows whilst making bunny ears with our hands and cat paw poses and tearing out our own eyes and throwing them into the offering bowl for the infernal things beyond our shadows or whatnot.

>> No.3673669

I could have won it. I was one of four people who slaughtered everyone else at it, but I realised that I had no idea what the maids were saying, so I politely opted out. A wise choice when the winners of the game were dragged on stage and forced to dance like piggies and defeat one another to get a "Magical Moe Moe Coin".

The coin was apparently the currency of winning any game in the Maid Cafe. It could be used on little gift machines in the cafe, and unless I read it wrong the gifts were hand-made by the maids. So if you're looking to test out your voodoo I know this little place in Akihabara okay?

After the show, we were unceremoniously given the bill (apparently we didn't need to make magical gestures for that to appear) and since we were all first-timers we were given our point-cards.

The point card was your basic capitalist "spend money here and receive points". In the case of the Maid Cafe it meant that after a number of visits you "levelled up" as a "Master". In other words you "waste all your money" being a "creepy fucker". I still have the card. It resembles some sort of credit card only with the picture of a maid on it and your current level. They wrote my name on it and drew love hearts around it in sharpy.

It's my Amoerican Express.

>> No.3673675
File: 49 KB, 640x480, 1256077919046.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3673680

>>3673650
Interesting story aniki.
Saved to notepad for future use, if you don't mind.

>> No.3673687

>>3673680

You know its copypasta ... or he can type at superhuman speeds.

>> No.3673689

>>3673650

intresting
want an Amoerican Expresscard too

>> No.3673695
File: 59 KB, 768x576, amoerican express.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3673689

>> No.3673706
File: 47 KB, 640x480, 1256077817947.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3673695

thanks

>> No.3673709
File: 71 KB, 766x511, _45877271_buemipain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3673695

>> No.3673712

http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/fotos/fotoreihe.php?id=94023

This gallery contains pictures of a Maid Café that took place at a German Anime Convention called DoKomi (http://www.dokomi.de )

Tell them that if the damn jerries can do it the holy and mighty U S and A might as well

>> No.3673721

Just make a normal restaurant and make the uniforms maid-like outfits. No one cares about that goshujinsama shit.

>> No.3673735

well there would be themeweeks...

Neko, Maid, popular anime etc

>> No.3673769

>>3673650

Hahaha, so you paid them to look like a jackass. My opinion on maid cafes have forever changed oh man.

Why the hell can't they just have maid uniformes and the rest be like a normal cafe/restaurant

>> No.3673791

>>3673769

I think that started that way but in order to stand up from the rest they started to pull that kind of stuff.

I dont think that kind of stuff works beyond the creepy otaku crowd that is a very small minority, just because it works on Akihabara does not mean its going to work even on the rest of Japan.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action