[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 684 KB, 682x512, vlcsnap-101303.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3557900 No.3557900 [Reply] [Original]

sup /jp/

is it generally thought of as creepy if you openly admit you enjoy morning musume, and happen to be a male over 20 years old?

>> No.3557906

I thought most of their fanbase was over 20?

>> No.3557921

...or over 30?

>> No.3557933

Asking /jp/ this question is pretty funny actually
but Musume has international fans from all ages.

Also you could just of asked this in the Musume thread

>> No.3559403

>>3557933
But you will get the incorrect answer if you do that.
Of course it's creepy. They're no longer popular: just pure otaku-bait.

>> No.3559411

What the hell is it, anyways? I've heard about this shit since early /a/ days, but since it's 3D I ignored it.

>> No.3559414

>>3557900
I don't think they are very popular these days, so I'm not sure.

>> No.3559428

18-35 year old male demographic is the only thing keeping musume alive. I have no idea what teenage girls listen to these days.

>> No.3559434

>>3559411

Japanese idol group (in their case, think of them as singers where appeal is valued above talent). Used to be popular until 2005 or thereabouts, now they are barely background noise with a retinue of rabid otakus as their sole following, both in Japan and elsewhere.

>> No.3559446

if you ever tell a japanese person that you like morning musume, they won't outwardly judge you but they will ostracize you in their subtle japanese ways

>> No.3559467

>>3559446
And rightfully so.

>> No.3559498

sup /jp/

is it generally thought of as creepy if you openly admit you enjoy *insert music artist or band here*, and happen to be a male over 20 years old?

See how stupid this question is?

>> No.3559520
File: 6 KB, 143x197, 567ffge.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3559498

>Comparing Morning Musume to professional artists.

Come back when their main revenue doesn't come from photobooks showing them in bikini and DVDs of their vacations in Hawaii where they wear nothing but - guess what? - bikinis, then we'll talk.

>> No.3559538

Their source of revenue isn't the point of this thread.

>> No.3559556

>>3559538

Except the source of their revenue also indicates what their actual selling point is and in turn what the public opinion about them should be like.
Now, are you seriously going to tell me that a gaggle of girls in bikini (half of which were underage until a couple of years ago and some still are) are comparable to professional singers and society has no right to frown upon your choices, Mr. Unique Snowflake?

>> No.3559564

>>3559556
Are you saying there is something wrong with liking young girls in bikinis?

>> No.3559571

>society has no right to frown upon your choices, Mr. Unique Snowflake?

As long as Miley Cyrus,Lil Wayne and Beyonce continue to top the charts. Society can't say jack shit about anything I enjoy.

>> No.3559580

>>3559564

Are you telling me it warrants the level of mindless devotion their fans heap on them out of their retarded sense of loyalty?

>> No.3559590

>>3559580
Maybe.

>> No.3559627

>>3559403
Troll revives thread to take potshots at group
misinformation and hating occurs

>> No.3559633

>>3559571

I don't think you understand that it's not a matter of personal tastes, however warped they are, so much as what kind of image they project to the public at large.
All of the people you listed are first and foremost singers, they might have posed for this or that magazine but this is not what their whole business boils down to.
Morning Musume on the other hand is just a cheesecake-machine which also happens to sing occasionally, and badly so.

>> No.3559645

>>3559627

Didn't you faggots build a ghetto all for yourself? Maybe you should remain there, the outside world is a scary one.

>> No.3559660

>>3559645
And yet you are the insecure faggot who needs to hijack a thread to hate on something you don't know nothing about.
You don't have to like them but to childishly lash out against them only demonstrates your own childish jealousy of their appeal.

>the world is a scary place
Name the threads that you post in on /jp/ before implying you are some sort of upstanding citizen.

>> No.3559675

>>3559498
This
also uses the easy target of Musume on /jp/

>> No.3559686 [DELETED] 

>>3559660

Hello, you must be seriously new to how 4chan works outside of your ghetto. One thing that you must drill into your head as soon as possible is that 4chan has no fixed party line and everyone is entitled to express his own take on a give nargument.
As such, debates are encouraged and clashes of arguments welcome. If you find this offensive and can't stand reading a differing opinion without labeling others as trolls at the drop of a hat then please hide all the threads but yours at once.

>> No.3559692

>>3559660

Hello, you must be seriously new to how 4chan works outside of your ghetto. One thing that you must drill into your head as soon as possible is that 4chan has no fixed party line and everyone is entitled to express his own take on a given argument.
As such, debates are encouraged and clashes of opinions welcome. If you find this offensive and can't stand reading a differing opinion without labeling others as trolls at the drop of a hat then please hide all the threads but yours at once.

>> No.3559704

>>3559692
That doesn't change the manner in which this thread had been directed towards.
Expressing opinions is fine and I don't expect much constructive conversation to take place from this thread regardless. But if anon needs to get some cathartic joy out of lambasting us in a pseudo troll thread then by all means eat your heart out.
Besides the OP's question has already been answered.

>> No.3559717

Just watched a few videos

I have no idea if I should be pleased or disturbed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeaQfvZ4fbs&feature=related

>> No.3559731
File: 9 KB, 209x320, 1255747257749.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3559704
And who the fuck said that this thread was even tailored to get a rise out of you?
Life on /jp/ hardly revolves around your dull threads and the trivialities therein. If only you knew how many of us have them filtered or hidden...
Honestly I find your self-conscious primadonna attitude annoying. Now I understand why /jp/ has grown to hate you.

>> No.3559737
File: 9 KB, 209x320, eeeeee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3559704
And who the fuck said that this thread was even tailored to get a rise out of you?
Life on /jp/ hardly revolves around your dull threads and the trivialities therein. In fact, if only you knew how many of us have them filtered or hidden...
Honestly I find your self-conscious primadonna attitude is starting to get really annoying. Now I understand why /jp/ has grown to hate you.

>> No.3559808

>>3559737
>In fact, if only you knew how many of us have them filtered or hidden...
And yet you know the exact same troll techniques that we witness in our threads...interesting.
>Life on /jp/ hardly revolves
I wouldn't expect it to be any other way, if you actually look at what the other threads of /jp/ typically revolve around I have no problem holding a threadcentric point of view on /jp/. No in fact it is almost an essential principle to have on /jp/, otherwise I'd run the risk of being associated with some rather despicable topics.

Hate on /jp/ will never change and I actually applaud you on taking a more civil route of chastising my existence here.

>> No.3559868

>>3559808
tl;dr

You can't take a stand to save your life, nor can you defend yourself without whining beyond measure. I bet that as I write this you are pressing the Report button like a mad pussy.
In short, all your knee jerk reactions reek of a hyperdefensive forumfag unable to understand that he has stepped outside the sheltered environment he has grown used to.

Maybe you should just crawl back to whatever forum you came from.
Faggot.

>> No.3559901

>>3559868
>I bet that as I write this you are pressing the Report button like a mad pussy.
Hardly, I respect thread sovereignty and people with dedication.

>crawl back to whatever forum you came from.
I think not, I'll just return to my thread, thanks.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action