[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 82 KB, 1024x768, 11426883275795qr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3506028 No.3506028 [Reply] [Original]

Can we have thread about Gilgamesh? Because I fucking love Gilgamesh.

>> No.3506031 [DELETED] 

>>3506027
> ya i readed dat on aпoпtaاk.com two day's ago lol
How come this always is asked here?

>> No.3506040
File: 126 KB, 536x704, 1220474721050.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sure

>> No.3506059
File: 96 KB, 480x600, 1187206239960.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish I was Gil sometimes. Then I could really show those WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

>> No.3506076

the only reason gil lost is because shirou had the writer on his side

>> No.3506088

>>3506076
Never mind mechanics, circumstances, reasoning, foreshadowing and prep, ALL IS LOL PLOT.

>> No.3506094

>>3506076
>the only reason gil lost is because he is shit and shirou is a badass
I fixed that for you

>> No.3506108

>>3506088

No, all those allow him to counter is the one Noble Phantasm that is Gate Of Babylon ~ King's Treasury.

If Gil was not panicking, he would use his other two. Enkidu ~ Binding Chains of Heaven, and (properly) Enuma Elish ~ Star of Creation Which Split Heaven and Earth.

Never using the former and using the latter in a panicked against-the-wall manner (when it's supposed to be used on the opposite end of the battlefield, not close-quarters), it was easy that it was a luck (i.e. PLOT) win.

Also take into the fact that Gil is better than Shirou physically in every way period.

>> No.3506130

>>3506108
Gil is nowhere near his demigod glory and subsist on Orphan blob mana, with a physical body that was a result of grail mud.
He is not above Shirou to the point he should blow him away. Gill barely does incrdible PHYSICAL feats.
There is a reason why he goes frontal with Half-Baked Saber in fate and JUMPS BACK INSTANTLY when she appears in UBW.

And when Shirou started his attack sequence, he had no time for anything else, no Ea(as can be seen), and no chains.

The 'lol plot' part is his personality that did not consider finishing him off fast till Shirou used the RM.

>> No.3506136

>>3506130
>>3506108
he also forgot to use all those weapons that uses against saber in fate or his armor

>> No.3506148

>>3506136
Gold is not the greatest armor.
And if you see the battle Sequence, he does not deign Shirou the honor of going close and personal (which makes the specific weapons useless).
He may just be throwing the same weapons from the vault for all you know.

>> No.3506153

Gilgamesh was twice as serious in Fate zero.
Poor Alexander.

>> No.3506158
File: 64 KB, 800x600, 1228972943462.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3506130

>And when Shirou started his attack sequence, he had no time for anything else, no Ea(as can be seen), and no chains.

You are aware that Ea and Enkidu are both "activated" in THE EXACT SAME WAY GATE OF BABYLON IS, RIGHT?

Also, Enkidu is fired in the same way, just more of a lash than a blast.

So open the Gate further and entrap with Enkidu, then ENUMA
ELISH

... Instant, perfect kill. The only flaw is if the enemy is capable of breaking out of Enkidu, which no normal human is capable of.

This is what is known as Serious Gilgamesh.

>There is a reason why he goes frontal with Half-Baked Saber in fate and JUMPS BACK INSTANTLY when she appears in UBW.

Which is pretty strange since Gil has nothing to fear from the latter and (unknowingly) should fear the former due to AVALON.

>> No.3506161

>>3506153
Are you strong and of good status?
You are fucked.

>> No.3506165

>>3506148

>Gold is not the greatest armor.

It's magical. Remember how in Fate he stops a full barrage of Saber's slashes with his armored hand?

>And if you see the battle Sequence, he does not deign Shirou the honor of going close and personal

Which is exactly why he loses.

>> No.3506171

>>3506158
Ea has to be drawn and FIRE LASERS, not a projectile or used to slash. When he tries to do it during the slashings, see what happens?
Also, since Shirou isa normal human, the chains would be normal steel. Shirou being very close to Gil and him slightly panicking contribute.
Also, normal Saber in proper power could close in and slice him before he does anything.
While the former half-baked one, in the park sequence, gets gutted like a fish.

>> No.3506176

>>3506165
Saber slashes are half-baked in comparison to normal attacks.
And, it's not just that. It's the fact that instead of throwing 40 weapons at once, he increases the numbers slightly till Shirou cannot keep up.

Or when he uses Ea once, he does not spam it and be done with.

It's obvious Shirou cannot fully match Gil.
The point is, he survived long enough to drag him into his pace.

Consistent with Gil fights and personality.

>> No.3506196

>>3506171

>Ea has to be drawn and FIRE LASERS

As shown in >>3506158, he doesn't have to stop firing and chaining while doing so.

>Also, since Shirou isa normal human, the chains would be normal steel.

Also, since Shirou is a normal human, steel is pretty damn hard to break with your bare hands. If he were to be distracted Noble Phantasming them, he would be hit by Gate of Babylon. Win-win.

>Also, normal Saber in proper power could close in and slice him before he does anything.

He's Archer. He fires from a distance. He jumps back.

>While the former half-baked one, in the park sequence, gets gutted like a fish.

She didn't seem to think she'd do so hot even at full power in Fate/Zero.

>>3506176

>Saber slashes are half-baked in comparison to normal attacks.

Still stronger than any human's sword.

>It's obvious Shirou cannot fully match Gil.

Which is why >>3506076.

>> No.3506208

>>3506176 Saber slashes are half-baked in comparison to normal attacks.
what the fuck are you smoking

>> No.3506218

>>3506196
Saber can simply cover more Ground than Gil does.
And yes, he thinks she is hot in Zero, and recognizes as a danger obviously. He deigns her worthy of being Ea spammed.
And Shirou's swords are not 'human'.
Finally, this is not POWERLVELS where everything is condensed in a single ranking, and breaking out of order makes no sense.
If it's explained and foreshadowed, saying 'WRITER DID IT' means that any outcome is determined like that and all the story details are meaningless.

>> No.3506222

>>3506208
To her NORMAL attacks when she is full-powered.
Slipped there.

>> No.3506243

ITT: DERP, MY FAVORITE CHARACTER SHOULD WIN BECAUSE OF THIS FRIDGE LOGIC.

>> No.3506247

>>3506243
...No, not really.
Just people who think that every fight should start with every character throwing everything and the sink always.

>> No.3506269

>>3506247
Well Kitsurugu used to do that and he was pretty good until shit happened.

>> No.3506277

>>3506218

>And yes, he thinks she is hot in Zero, and recognizes as a danger obviously. He deigns her worthy of being Ea spammed.

She had never seen Ea. She didn't think she'd do well against Gate of Babylon, because she has nothing that can handle it.

>And Shirou's swords are not 'human'.

Shirou wastes time cutting Enkidu - Gil has an opening, instant win.

>If it's explained and foreshadowed, saying 'WRITER DID IT' means that any outcome is determined like that and all the story details are meaningless.

Other than the writer writing his personality at the time and whatnot.

>> No.3506278

>>3506269
No, he didn't.
Kiritsugu employed RIDICULOUS Deathstroke like preptime at most cases, and going the indirect way.

>> No.3506287

>>3506277
...You shoyuld re-read segments properly, concerning Saber-Gil match-ups.
And who do you expect to set up the personality?
God?
Or should we ignore personality and sentiments when they fight and have them all activate Battle A.I?
With this logic, EVERYTHING EVER WRITTEN is pointless to discuss, since Word of God should never reasoned.

>> No.3506297

>>3506287

>...You shoyuld re-read segments properly, concerning Saber-Gil match-ups.

Gil being a tosser and just egging her with Gate of Babylon while deliberately not trying to kill?

>And who do you expect to set up the personality?
>God?
>Or should we ignore personality and sentiments when they fight and have them all activate Battle A.I?
>With this logic, EVERYTHING EVER WRITTEN is pointless to discuss, since Word of God should never reasoned

You're the one trying to argue against "the writer wrote what happened so he won because the writer wrote it".

>> No.3506302

>>3506297
...No, I'm not.
I'm saying it's reasonably set up for various reasons, and not just a ridiculous stretch that happens just because the writer wished for that outcome.

And the fight scenes in Fate are not the only ones hat explain the Gil/Saber situation.

>> No.3506338

The problem here is simply that Gil massively jobbed to Shirou. Yeah, Nasu powerlevels aren't very clearcut, but its just ridiculous the level of jobbing that had to occur for Shirou to win. UBW kiddies need to just get over the fact that the pinnacle of their route is also the least satisfying part of it somehow. Honestly if Souichirou didn't kick so much ass, I'd put UBW below Fate in badassery. Lancer gets the most action and badassery in the Prologue and Fate, UBW gives him about as much fighttime as he does in HF, and thats not good enough.

>> No.3506355

>>3506338
...What the fuck have you bean reading?
Lancer gets pretty much one fight scene per route, and only in UBW gets more scenes (since prologue and first 3 days are universal).

Also, your definition of jobbing sucks.

>> No.3506375

>>3506355
>Doesn't even bother trying at all
>Gets dominated by someone with a body that isn't even PHYSICALLY as strong as his, divinity, servant status aside
>Somehow so flustered he doesn't even use any of his cheap quickly activated attacks

No I'm sure he was just having an "off day." Fuck off.

Lancer gets more out of UBW?
He gets an extra scene where he dies after he anticlimatically kills off Kotomine, but somehow fails to slaughter Shinji, who is the only person who actually mattered. Archer hogs the BRIEF fight at the church. Great just what I wanted. Prologue had the only fight scene where he actually performed positively. We see it again in Fate. He confronts Gil in Fate. Hassan lolshadows his ass in seconds in HF. I'll take Fate please.

>> No.3506404

>>3506375
Disregarding teh gil issue, since it's been covered in the thread already and idiots do not change opinions:

Lancer confronts Gil and dies unceremoniously in Fate. Not sure how it's better.
Also, it's Hassan AND the Shadow, the combo that offed Saber too.
The lancer scenes you like and are good by your standards are universal, not route exclusive.

The UBW scenes are also nice further exhibition of his character that most routes do not have.

You just have weird standards .

>> No.3506442

>>3506404
The non-fight Lancer scenes are only amusing if you're a Rinfag. And I'm not. Hassanxshadow attacks (along with "Bring the dagger down") are the same reason that Saberfags are split on liking HF or not. Fate one isn't better, its just seeing him confront Gil seems far more badass. Either way he doesn't really accomplish anything. In summary, Lancer doesn't really get any good scenes in any of the specific routes. He gets shafted.

>> No.3506447

>>3506442
I'd give lancer the shaft.

>> No.3506450

>>3506442
So you cannot appreciate the merits of one character in a scene unless you absolutely love one of the other characters involved...
Right.
Whatever.

>> No.3506457

>>3506450
Because its a pointless scene otherwise, I don't want Rin-pandering. I want bloodthirsty Lancer. The scenes are too Rin centric for me to enjoy Lancer. Fate is just Gil and Lancer.

>> No.3506460
File: 16 KB, 400x361, girugameshXD[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

...It had to be done.

>> No.3506464

>>3506460
Goddamnit did the /v/irgins already start regularly infesting this place? Touhoufags have always been a special case, so they don't count.

>> No.3506471

>>3506457

>I want bloodthirsty Lancer

Cuchulainn was never bloodthirsty excepting for his warp-spasms, though. Fairly playful, actually.

>> No.3506477

>>3506457
You, I know 'it's all opinions' and such, but I just cannot take you seriously anymore.
There is a limit to what your expectations and evaluations can be with the same source material.

>> No.3506475 [DELETED] 

>>3506464
>implying that /jp/ is any better than /v/

>> No.3506481

>> No.3506480

>>3506464
you just now noticed?

>> No.3506482

>>3506471
If you're capable of being summoned as Berserker, you're definitely not right in the head. He's not the same as the honorable 4th Lancer. He wants to kill.

>> No.3506486

>>3506482

>If you're capable of being summoned as Berserker, you're definitely not right in the head

That's not true at all. Heracles takes offense.

Just because they can go insane does not mean they will at the drop of a hat. Cuchulainn's warp-spasms were never even adequately explained in legend, but he was capable of fighting without succumbing to it, which he did in most non-heated duels.

>> No.3506487

>>3506477
I can use the exact same thing you're saying to argue against you, you know? You're a Rinfag, just admit it and we can acknowledge how pointless this argument is. I'm a Saberfag, there I said it.

>> No.3506492

>>3506480
What boards do we have left now then? /tg/?

>> No.3506494

>>3506487
I do not especially like Rin. I also prefer Saber more.
But I can appreciate Lancer and his character just the same, no matter who he interacts with.
You are just a fucktard.

>> No.3506497

>>3506494
Rin steals the scenes. Lancer isn't given enough focus. Get the fuck over it. Lancer deserves better than what he gets, stop accepting the bones that you're getting tossed. Apparently this does bug you as you're still responding.

>> No.3506520

>>3506497
Get over what? Your fuck up interpretation?
I'm just baffled, that your hate for one character does not let you appreciate the other in the scenes he appears.
As I said, I cannot take your opinion seriously.
I just wonder how the fuck you enjoy things with suck a retarded train of thought.
Just enjoy whatever you want, it's not like my posts will have any effect. You are still an idiot with messed-up priorities.
See ya.

>> No.3506528

>>3506520
Sit down before you hurt yourself, son.

>> No.3506542

>>3506528
I doubt he typed that while not sitting.

>> No.3506564

>>3506542
no need to samefag.

>> No.3507483

OP here. Jesus fuck, I leave for the night, only to come back to POWERLEVELS and LANCER GOT SHAFTED.

In my opinion, Gil is one of the things that makes F/SN not shite. Alongside Lancer and Kotomine, with a sprinkle of Souichirou/Medea team and the Assassins.

As for Lancer, I loved his fight with Gil in Fate and the fight against Archer. Yes, he gets shafted, but there are good scenes of him.

>> No.3507493
File: 6 KB, 300x219, Angry Korean chef.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3506460

>> No.3507505

>>3506196
>He's Archer.

No he's not, he's Gilgamesh.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action