[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 108 KB, 750x600, Sunohara_Logic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3362774 No.3362774 [Reply] [Original]

I apoligize in advance, /jp/, for I am about to make a blatant request.

My debate class is requiring me to find an example of an unethical argument and write a short paper describing how it is unethical. I want to use an argument from Umineko. Does anyone have any examples of Beato being a bitch that I can analyze the shit out of?

I've already analyzed Sunohara's "the strongest clothes" argument as an unreasonable argument, which I will now proceed to post:

>> No.3362776

>>3362774
A memorable argument which I recognize as unreasonable is:
“If your clothes got loose she could sew them back for you. That's right, the strongest girl in school sewing my clothes... Those would be the strongest clothes. I'll feel like the strongest wearing them. This is perfect, I'll let her make me lunch. That's right... The strongest girl making me lunch... That would be the strongest lunch. It should be mighty delicious.”
This train of logic, often sarcastically quoted among certain circles as being “flawless logic”, is in reality far from flawless, as I will soon explain. The context of the situation is that of one high-school student (the speaker) attempting to convince another high school student that “the strongest girl in school” ought to be a good housewife. The reasoning behind this conclusion is that physical strength and athletic ability should translate directly into high-quality clothing, delicious home cooked meals, and spotless toilets. This conclusion, while it may be true in some cases, is not necessarily true, and is an unreasonable conclusion to draw from the given evidence.
The evidence in support of the claim “that would be the strongest lunch” is that the lunch is to be made by “the strongest girl”. However, the connection between a particular lunch being prepared by a strong girl and the lunch’s overall deliciousness is invalid. Our textbook defines validity as “a solid internal structure that allows for reasonable connections between evidence and conclusions in an argument.” Because no clear or apparent link is drawn between physical strength and housekeeping ability, the argument is thus rendered unreasonable.

>> No.3362780

Fuck off.

>> No.3362784
File: 49 KB, 640x480, Small Bombs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS

>> No.3362797

Just write about carbon tax , banker's bailout or game theory

>> No.3362805

>>3362797
How is game theory unethical?

>> No.3362828

>>3362805
in practice nothing else than a global scientific dictatorship were you have to proof your worth for the system, otherwise you will be exterminated (and reused as bio energy or something to go one step further in rationalizing everything)

>> No.3362835

...why would you ever do something like this?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action