[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 46 KB, 527x561, 4323.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
33355316 No.33355316 [Reply] [Original]

Maybe otaku culture wasn't ever any good if one pandemic is enough to quickly dismantle all of its physical monuments.

>> No.33355443

>>33355316
I don't get it.

>> No.33355539

>>33355443
Countless decades old classic businesses are folding in rapid succession.

>> No.33355557

>>33355539
SO are tons of restaurants. Wow I guess food was never good.

>> No.33356550

>>33355557
You can get food from the nearest konbini, so isn't really the same.

>> No.33359036

nah the "pandemic" only exists to give big chains more power and make small businesses bankrupt and this power grab also applies to the otaku sphere (look what corporations benefited the most during the "pandemic"...)

>> No.33359134

Maybe human culture wasn't ever any good if one pandemic is enough to quickly dismantle all of its physical monuments.

>> No.33359491
File: 356 KB, 497x544, TurboNEET.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>33359036
I earnestly hope you are not implying that the few hospitalizations and three deaths in my extended family during this year were something other than the same disease I caught in mid-June (pretty mild symptoms on me though).
Like, if you mean that the response to it was either overblown or intentionally miscoordinated, we might be living in the same reality. Otherwise the only explanations would actually be more serious than a false created pandemic, as how would you account for the disease-like symptoms that correlate with the disease they claim is spreading around?

>> No.33359586

>>33359036
Pandemic does exist but it would't be wonder if it was orchestrated by big corporations or banks to print money. You can bet your ass there will be another variation/strain of covid in year or two that requires completly new set of vaccines.

>> No.33359820

>>33359586
>You can bet your ass there will be another variation/strain of covid in year or two that requires completly new set of vaccines.
That's how viruses tend to work, after all.

>> No.33359880

>>33359586
>>33359491 here, that I can get behind.
My take is that most large corporations and highly standardized businesses had more cash to burn, more capability to acquire long term loans, and simply more dependency by the average consumer than the vast majority of small businesses. They would be the natural benefactors of most environmental disasters and economic squeezes.
So when the governments of the world doubled down on policies to mitigate the spread of the disease unlike anything that has been tried before on nearly the same scale, every niche and service which wasn't absolutely essential and without immediate alternatives was disregarded to varying degrees.
It's more than fair to ask if it was worth it, that's up for debate.

Now, asking whether or not the disease was a fabrication is more a rejection of my reality and the reality of those around me, so unless I've been delusional for the past year, pretty sure it spread through part of my family and myself. People denying it early on or in countries with few cases is one thing, but unless you don't even have family or acquaintances (hyper NEET), I'm not sure how you could see no anecdotal proof by this point in your own life.

>> No.33360106

>>33359586
Nevermind covid, we'll probably get hit by another bird flu or ebola in the next 2-3 years

>> No.33360115

>>33359820
And vaccines back in a day usually gave immunity but i guess that's not really good way to make money. Probably should stop calling them vaccines. also reminds me of deus ex.

>> No.33360130

>>33355316
All of otaku cultures physical monuments aren't being dismantled though. The worst hit we've taken is losing Sega Akihabara Building 2. Yeah, an unfortunate number of beloved shops are shutting down, and it sucks to see Taito closing an arcade, but both SEGA and Taito having multiple arcades in the same districts (Akihabara and Shinjuku respectively) was going to catch up to them eventually, one way or another. Otaku culture will definitely survive this fucking pandemic though, the responses of governments and large corporations be damned.

>> No.33360251

>>33359491
If you had three deaths in your family the deceased were already extremely unhealthy or extremely old before being exposed to the SARScov2 pathogen.

>> No.33360407

>>33360251
One was extremely old (mid 70s), and the other two in their 50s. No preexisting conditions or unhealthiness as far as I know, not even overweight. People older and with preexisting conditions just took it at home or only had minor hospitalization.

>> No.33360618

>>33360407
Nah. If true the two in their 50s either had multiple undiagnosed comorbidities or were literally sitting around drinking nothing but viral particles by the gallon every day.

>> No.33360677

>>33359880
How do you really know it was covid and not just the flu though?

>> No.33360698

>>33360407
If they had a hospitalization they most probably were killed by the hospital staff on purpose

>> No.33361259

>>33355316

That place in particular was probably hard hit (for a Taito place) because it is in a predominantly business district. With the early closures and spread of teleworking, its customer base really would have dissipated quite severly. And a year or two ago, the nearby bus terminal was moved to the south side of the station, so that might have already reduced the footfall by some extent.

I'd be more worried about the industry's short-term prospects if the Shinjuku South-East exit location suffers a similar fate in coming weeks.

>> No.33362206

oh wow, it's almost as if corporate shit is a massive problem and the closing of your favorite (location/interest/hobby) proves that.
it's not like anyone has been telling you about that for the past half decade and you decided not to listen.

>> No.33362293

>>33362206
communism is not otaku

>> No.33368431

>>33359586
Can't they just give us NEET buck yo spend..

>> No.33368684

>>33360115
You're fucking dumb

>> No.33368791

>>33359820
Shut up I'm trying to be retarded over here

>> No.33368795

>>33360115
That’s not how any of this works. The reason for multiple vaccines is that CORONAVIRUSES mutate faster as compared to Bacteria. We can see this in yearly shots for the Flu but only 1 shot for Polio.

>> No.33368901

>>33360115
>Someone without a STEM degree typed this

>> No.33368908

>>33360407
Maybe your genes are weak and need to be removed.

Literally, evolution

>> No.33368935

>>33368795
Influenzavirus is a different family than coronavirus, which is a different family than picornavirus (poliovirus family)

In reality, polio vaccine is a trivalent vaccine, so it protects against three different strains.

Flu virus mutates quickly due to its antigenic shift and drift capabilities, and coronavirus is one of the three viruses that causes the common flu, which can mutate pretty damn quickly as well.

But I think I get what you’re trying to say.

Source: medfag

>> No.33372258

>>33368901
It sounds dumb, but who are you quoting?

>> No.33372533

>>33360618
>either had multiple undiagnosed comorbidities
Quite possible, but don't see why it would have to multiple. It's rare for people in their 50s to die from it, but they could also have been unlucky. I will say you've made me curious as to what the autopsies actually detail, though.
>>33360698
>>33360698
okay

>> No.33372562

>>33372533
>I will say you've made me curious as to what the autopsies actually detail, though.
You are 11 months late.

>> No.33372648

>>33372562
1. I've been curious and read more than a few reports regarding autopsies for people who tested positive for COVID, both those who were still symptomatic and those who died shortly afterwards, since they began being presented. I found the link with blood clots and high blood pressure particular interesting, since I have had hypertension since I was a teenager (but is under control with medication).
2. The two people in their 50s died in early August and in early December.
3. Either way, and? Could always have been 12. The fuck does your statement even convey beyond a since of superiority for knowing a particular knowledge or possessing a particular mindset before others?

>> No.33372832

Akiba is dead, otaku culture will live on

>> No.33373006

>>33372648
I'm saying you're 11 months late to have suspicions. Nothing added up, even all the way back in May.
The first warning sign to you should have been the shutdown.

>> No.33373827 [DELETED] 

>>33368795
I am aware that vaccine needs to change when virus changes but i doubt pharma companies have any interest to actually find how to supress mutations of them, rather more they can milk from different variations the better.

>> No.33376468

>>33368795
I am aware that every time virus changes, so must the vaccine unless it is one that works aganist multiple strains which they should do in first place instead of selling shoddy vaccine that wont remove problem and delude people thinking that whole pandemic is over and i know that take years to understand viruses mutation cycles and such and perfect the vaccine but if that is what it gonna take then that what they should do and tell people that real vaccine gonna take years, instead of making these money grabs that are null and void in few years.

>> No.33376802

>>33376468
The vaccines don't act against strains, but against the spikes on the virus (those little pointy bits on the balloon). The current vaccine essentially causes your body to create the same spikes as the virus has, which then trigger the body's immune system. (These spikes aren't harmful, only the virus itself is). Once your body has learnt how to create antibodies for said spikes, it can quickly recreate them next time you actually get the virus.
The problem comes in when the virus mutates AND the spikes change, because that undoes all our work. Our body may know how to make antibodies for one kind of spike, but it won't know how to make them for the new kind. This is also why we can keep getting the flu and other coughs every year - they mutate to have new spikes.
That said, once our governments are capable of quickly rolling out one vaccine, we should be able to deal with another rollout if the spike changes. Then, hopefully, the virus disappears as it won't transfer anymore. ...... .....this does require a capable government though. If it mutates and everyone has to wait another 2 years to get the new vaccine, then we can play this cat&mouse game forever.

>> No.33376960

>>33376802
So we can already assume that current vaccines are useless since we already have atleast 3 new variations assuming the spikes have changed even once.

>if it mutates and everyone has to wait another 2 years to get the new vaccine, then we can play this cat&mouse game forever.
Like we been doing influenza virus for years now, which makes me just wonder maybe pharm companies dont want to that game to end, since its so profitable.

>> No.33377048

>>33376960
>So we can already assume that current vaccines are useless
For the most part, not yet. The original and British variants (the most common right now) seem to have the same spikes (or rather, the spike seems to be disabled by the same antibodies). But the South African variant seems to be more of an "escape mutation", which makes vaccines "less effective". Considering the current rate of vaccination however, we're probably going to be far too late and will need new vaccines.
It also needs to be said that vaccines effectively speed up the process of mutation, as it forces survival of the fittest (here, fittest being least affected by existing vaccines and most infective) to speed up by destroying unfit species faster.

>> No.33377381

>>33377048
It will take whole year to get current vaccines around and considering we already have those 3 new variations at this state maybe even more that did not get to headlines yet, its safe to assume that we have atleast 3 more in year.

>It also needs to be said that vaccines effectively speed up the process of mutation, as it forces survival of the fittest (here, fittest being least affected by existing vaccines and most infective) to speed up by destroying unfit species faster.
Naturally since its try to adapt to survive, so there maybe could be also other way to just wait it out until its done with its mutations and then start vaccinating fast, i mean they stop at some point as long as there is no vaccinations and need to adaptation stops, but that's kinda off the table now since vaccination are already started.

Also i am pretty sure not all of current vaccines work with same usual way as you mentioned above since there is those mRna vacciness that use new technique but i assume they wont still make any diffrence regarding strains or other factors than spikes.

>> No.33383446

>>33377381
mRNA is the kind of vaccine I talked about, it's how all the corona vaccines work, but in the end they act the same "give body the spikes to let it train its immune system with them"
normal vaccines simply give you a very small dose of the virus, which your body then uses to train, whereas mRNA basically gives your body the instructions of how to make just the spikes - it's actually a very cool system, but doesn't really make a difference in effectiveness or anything, does reduce potential side effects tho

>> No.33383736

>>33362293
<take corporate engineered "culture"
<replace it with government engineered "culture"
<shit gets even more bland and business opportunity dies
Communism is another side of the same exact coin. Neither are fucking good.

>> No.33385248

>>33383446
>it's how all the corona vaccines work
Not all of them use mRNA techinque.

>gives your body the instructions of how to make just the spikes
Why would body need to make spikes, when its should just know how to get rid of them, i mean in same way like traditional vaccines where body is trained to combat virus, but if this whole spike thing is only in new mRNA vaccines which is not only technique new vaccines use, there is those old techinique ones too, but i fail to see point of making these new one's if only potential plus side is reduced side effects which is depetable since long term effects are unknown and some people say it pretty much affects to DNA and could be considered tampering with human genetics, but who really knows. If its true though id say its just worse, and it might just be that they took this opportunity to start testing new technique but only time will tell was it good time to start experimenting.

>> No.33385910

>>33385248
>it pretty much affects to DNA
as far as we know, it doesn't, it's easy to think so due to the similar names tho, mRNA is basically what your busy uses to create new cells, proteins etc - it dupes a bit of your DNA into mRNA, then another part of your body can read that mRNA to create what is needed, so I don't see how it would influence your DNA
it also has the added benefit of the fact it isn't the real virus, so you can't get sick from it, hence why the side effects are generally very low for mRNA vaccines
it is true though that this is a hasty experiment that was done because they knew they could get it through testing fast though, so it's definitely not a bad thing to have some worries towards its longterm effects

>> No.33386212

>>33385910
>it also has the added benefit of the fact it isn't the real virus, so you can't get sick from it, hence why the side effects are generally very low for mRNA vaccines
well i am pretty sure it contains dead virus as an refrence or atleast i recall reading about pfizer's vaccine and it said something along the lines of that it wont contain living virus which makes me believe it atleast contain some of the dead one, in form or another.
Also if it turns out that whole mRNA technique have bad long term effects it kinda defeats the purpose of not getting sick from it. It kinda sounds bad when body is teached to create something when when goal is to get rid of something, and you never know maybe body starts to create this stuff or spikes if i understood correctly when its not needed and start making complications.
It could create "glitch" in human body since its more complex than just teaching to eradicate unwanted virus like in traditional vaccines, but this is just me pondering possibilities and potential dangers why its not really any better or even worse, but time will tell. Maybe it will be success and we have good safer way to combat viruses.

>> No.33386457

>>33383736
That's why there probably should be balance between them like with most things, which is not really happening right now. better have coin to be on its edge than one side or another.

>> No.33389655
File: 289 KB, 1090x1369, __hoshiguma_yuugi_touhou_drawn_by_nameo_judgemasterkou__75c8fe624a05a30586d87888a46f40a7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.33399059

>>33386212
>well i am pretty sure it contains dead virus as an refrence or atleast i recall reading about pfizer's vaccine and it said something along the lines of that it wont contain living virus which makes me believe it atleast contain some of the dead one, in form or another.
"Dead virus" is dumbing things down so that you don't need a medical background to understand it. Viruses aren't considered alive in the first place, so "inert" would be more accurate. They mean it contains parts of the virus's outer membrane (the "spikes"), which are recognizable by the body but not harmful.

>>33385248
>if it alters DNA that's much worse than a virus
You realise that "infected by a virus" means "has had their DNA altered by a virus", right? The reason viruses aren't considered alive is because they can't reproduce, only rewrite your DNA so that your body creates more virus (the simplest kind of virus is just a DNA molecule that fell out of a cell and ended up in the wrong place).

>> No.33400155
File: 66 KB, 634x727, hitler-japan-photo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>33362206
>>33362293
>>33383736
There's a third way, you know? It's founder was something of a Japanophile himself.

>> No.33408810

>>33383736
that's a rather bleak and dubious take on things

>> No.33409345

The Japanese government might be very happy at Otaku culture disappearing. We might even see birth rates to spikerocket! Guys?! Oh, no. It was altogether the scapegoat for a nonfunctional society.

>> No.33411029

>>33400155
Fuck off.

>> No.33412442

>>33400155
Too pure for this world.

>> No.33420339

>>33409345
clearly they see the value of otaku culture, when it comes to promoting japan internationally
otherwise you wouldn't see prefectural vtubers and such

>> No.33420552
File: 347 KB, 1024x640, 1612283505687.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>33355316
>>33355539
>Countless decades old classic businesses are folding in rapid succession
>>33355557
>SO are tons of restaurants

YOU WILL get ze vaxx

YOU WILL pay ze CO2 taxx

YOU WILL eat ze bugs

YOU WILL live in ze smart city

YOU WILL drink ze cockroach milk

YOU WILL own nossing

YOU WILL be happy

>> No.33420598
File: 211 KB, 1000x746, 03a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>33360251
>the SARScov2 pathogen
Which has never been isolated by anyone on the planet. Canadian doctors have proven that 150 of 150 sampled COVID-tests were actually testing for Influenza A and B. In Tanzania tests went positive for goat saliva and papaya juice.

>> No.33423562

>>33355316
I go to a game station every other week.
They're not closed.

>> No.33423679

fuck the shutdowns, I will not comply

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action