[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 38 KB, 384x290, japanese brethren.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3316512 No.3316512 [Reply] [Original]

>I've spent two years being told by you guys that the Japanese are incredibly racist and would hate the fact that I'm black. You said they wouldn't serve me, wouldn't talk to me, and would be very rude and short with me.

>Well, I just came back from 2 weeks in Japan with my girlfriend where I went to the big cities (Tokyo and Osaka), the archipelago in the south (Okinawa), and way out in the mountains (Nagano), and not one person was not at the very least cordial and usually very nice to me.

>Old people, young people, in the university areas, outside of the university area. Sometimes I was a novelty, and they asked me about rap music and basketball (two things I don't know much about), but mostly they were just cool, and not at all rude.

>Moral of the story: don't listen to anything said here. Seriously, they were exactly wrong.

>> No.3316544

i remember

>> No.3316537

Hope this is a copy and paste. Still boring either way

>> No.3316550

>black
>doesn't know much about rap and basketball

Definitely a troll

>> No.3316564

ITT: Tourists versus Residents argument

>> No.3316569

And then, as you turned your back waving then goodbye, they started laughing at you.

>> No.3316571

They're nice to visitors. If you say you're planning to live there, or that you do, they'll tell you to go home.

>> No.3316577
File: 25 KB, 332x450, bob-sapp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That's because he's black. There are so many Black TV celebrities that the Japanese are accustomed to them.

>> No.3316581

Japan superior. This man would have drugs planted on him and sent to jail right away in AmeriKKKa.

>> No.3316586

The Japanese have no problem bonding with black people. Go watch a movie called "Brother" or "Aniki".

>> No.3316589

Japanese historical records state that Africans have strength of ten men. Maybe they were afraid he'd turn into an ebony Hulk and crush their spines if they weren't nice to him.

>> No.3316597

I think the issue here is that black people have done nothing to them in the span of things, whereas white people have invaded their space, bombed their cities, irradiated their children, women, and men...the list of conflict between the whites and the Japanese goes on and on.

They're racist to blacks too, but not in the same superpatriotic way.

>> No.3316602

>>3316571

Yeah and guess what? He did exactly that-- he visited. Are you fucking blind or something

>> No.3316603

roppongi

>> No.3316636

Why would you listen to /jp/?
90% of the people here haven't even been to japan.

>> No.3316638
File: 35 KB, 502x586, FRIEZA..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just a monkey...

>> No.3317032

>>3316512

They're nice, but that doesn't mean they don't hate your guts. You seem to forget that unlike the west where we're pretty vocal about our likes and dislikes, the Japanese tend to be massively passive aggressive, almost to the point that I'd be worrying about a knife in the back after coating me with sickeningly nice talk and smiles.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can't stand how hard they are to read. You seriously can't tell if they're being genuine...ever. It fucking scares me.

>> No.3317059
File: 14 KB, 350x420, Deion Sanders and Mugi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3316512
>Well, I just came back from 2 weeks in Japan with my girlfriend

pic related

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action