[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 40 KB, 480x700, untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
320652 No.320652 [Reply] [Original]

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

>> No.320656

>>320652

Oh fuck, an impossible shape

>> No.320657

>>320652
what the...

>> No.320664

Thank you, Yukarin! I shale cherish thi-

HOLY MINDFUCK, IT'S THE DEVIL'S TUNING FORK!

>> No.320665

>>320652
Stop giving me these! They just clutter my desk!

>> No.320671

I just learned how to divide by zero! Thanks Yukari!

>> No.320672

I'm still alone, but now I'm confused.
Thanks?

>> No.320675

>>320652
Yukari, where the HELL did you find a paperclip large enough to be manipulated into something like that? Mine is too small and doesn't turn out like it should... ;_;

>> No.320676

>>320652
GIVE ME BACK MY IPOD YOU BITCH!!!!

>> No.320680

ARGH MY BRAIN-BLOOD

>> No.320682

>>320652
THAT MAKES NO SENSE

>> No.320687

Can you give me a Klein Bottle too, Yukari?

>> No.320690
File: 195 KB, 480x700, 1206581890181.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>320676
You want your iPod back?

>> No.320698

Brain... overload... brain... overload... Head assplode imminent...

>> No.320700

>>320690
What do you think?

>> No.320701

Look at it this way.

On most browsers, you can bring up your browsing history by pressing Control-H. (No, this is not going to become a discussion of werecows.) On Firefox, this brings up a sidebar that shows up on the left side of the window. If you put your mouse over the edge of the sidebar, the cursor will turn into a different kind of arrow. By clicking and dragging it, you can move the edge of the sidebar back and forth. You are, to put it another way, manipulating the border between the normal window and the history window. By moving the mouse, you can increase the portion of the window devoted to either part. In a more extreme view of this situation, you're increasing or decreasing the amount of existence the sidebar has.

Now, let's apply this idea to something more abstract. Look out your window. If you don't live in a highly urbanized area, you should be able to see the horizon. Think of this as the border between the land and the sky. The land and sky are obviously distinguishable thanks to this boundary. Now, if you were to "drag" the sash between the sky and the land, or to manipulate the border between land and sky, you would end up causing the sky to become larger and the land to become smaller, or vice versa. An effect of this might be to cause something that was just on the ground to suddenly be hundreds of feet in the air. Truly a frightening situation to be in. So, look at it this way - manipulating the border between two physical things shifts whatever balance there is in the interaction between those things. Alternatively, by manipulating the border between two things, you can change the manner in which they exist.

>> No.320707

Still, this isn't *that* abstract, since it's still dealing with real things in the real world. Many believe that in this world, there are those things that are true, and those that obviously aren't. This divides reality into two extremes: truth and falsehood. But, since we have two extremes, logically one can imagine a boundary between those two extremes - the border between truth and lies. If one were to manipulate this border, suddenly things that were pure fantasy (flying pigs, for the sake of argument) have become reality - or things from reality have ceased to exist. This is how Yukari is said to have invaded the moon - by manipulating the border between truth and lies, as applied to the reflection of the moon on a pond, she was able to make the reflection of the moon into a manifestation of the actual moon, and so send her youkai army onto it. This is what's truly amazing about Yukari's power - the ability to manipulate the border between completely abstract concepts allows her to fundamentally change reality as we know it (at least in terms of two abstract concepts).

>> No.320708
File: 9 KB, 250x278, 1206582027320.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>320700

>> No.320726
File: 32 KB, 480x700, 1206582188705.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.320729
File: 22 KB, 396x517, 1206582203145.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.320731
File: 20 KB, 399x471, 1206582218500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.320744

>>320701
I prefer to look more into the existance of borders.

When you click the X on the side bar, it dissappears, along with the border seperating the side window in the normal window. Now, this may be a result of removing the side bar, but what would happen if you only removed the border between the side bar and the window? it would become a part of the normal window, and the sidebar will still disappear.

Now, expand this back out into the border between land and sky. If you were to rip that border, the Sky and the Earth will merge together, thereby effectively destroying both of them.

>> No.320760

Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes.

>> No.320764

>>320690
>>320700
>>320708
>>320726
>>320729
>>320731

>> No.320791
File: 13 KB, 184x236, 1206582690076.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>320708

>> No.320813

>>320726
>>320729
>>320731
>>320708
Thats it I'm deleteing Yukari from my PC.

>> No.320817

>>320744
I don't believe removing the border would necessarily destroy both things that are seperated by it. Your first step is identifying what the border is and how it would be removed. The border of land and sky, the horizon, would most effectively be removed by making all sides meet. Basically, turning the world inside-out. Or reducing the horizon until it's nothing. A one-dimensional pinhead that we're all sitting on top of. Perhaps there are even several non-euclidian solutions that would damage our sanity.

>> No.320831
File: 104 KB, 1000x760, 1206583012080.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.320884

>>320817
That's true. I am operating under the assumption that ripping up a border as large as that would be cakework. A more likely result would be that a cave (No, this is STILL not going to become a discussion of werecows.) is created. Or, if you relate it directly to the sidebar example, the Sky and Earth will both remain, but be intact to each other, thereby allowing people to reach the sky simply by walking far enough towards it. This would effectively lock people on one side, with an inability to travel to the other side, or possibly even realize there is an other side.

In fact, this could be a possible explanation for what the Hakurei border might consist of.

>> No.320906

The question that arises, though, is just what the limitations of Yukari's power are. Powerful though she is, omnipotent she is not. She states in Silent Sinner in Blue that she does not have enough power to successfully bring a living thing with her through a normal spacial gap between Earth and the dark side of the moon. Hence why she needs to manipulate the moon's reflection to get her allies there.

For example, would it be possible for her to manipulate the boundary between this universe and whatever is beyond it (say, the boundary between space and hyper-space) and bring the All-In-One and One-In-All Yog-Sothoth to Gensokyo?

>> No.320940

That would also depend on How Yukari's powers are limited as well. Would the fact that she cannot port someone to the dark side of the moon be because it's too strong of a border? Or is it because she would have to pass them through several, interconnected borders? travling through the border between the earth and the sky, then the atmosphere and space, then space, and the moon, then the light side of the moon and the dark side of the moon. That would require a lot of opening and closing of borders, which would take time, and possibly cause hazardous effects, such as too much Oxygen sucked into the vacuum of space from the atmosphere.

Of course, a simpler answer would be to reduce the number of Borders she would have to alter, which she did exactly that: The border between truth and lies.

>> No.321061

So if Yukari's power is really only constrained by her own ingenuity, and she did in fact bring Yog-Sothoth to Gensokyo, what sort of spell cards would The Beyond One use? And what would Yukari use him for? Keep in mind that Yog-Sothoth is more power powerful that the supremely omnipotent Azathoth the Daemon Sultan, and wiser than Yibb-Tstll who sees all as he watches from the center of time as the universe revolves around him.

>> No.321198

That would be a very good question, indeed. What would Yukari use him for? I think a very clear answer would be nothing, which is why she has not tried to do so. In order to summon a creature as omnipotent and powerful as Yog-Sothoth, one would have a reason, such as promised absolute power. However, Yukari already has valuable strong power, and has little need to do any such thing.

Most of everything Yukari has done within the past hundred years have been, for lack of a better term, for shits and giggles. From Tooling around on the Hakurei Border, to Smashing Anon's IPod, she has been taking a light hearted approach to life lately.

So I submit that the reason for such is not because it is impossible for her (Which it very well may be) But that there is no inspiration to try such a thing.

Also, There would probably be Danmaku covering every pixel of the screen.

>> No.321273

I posit that Yukari would summon Yog-Sothoth for shits and giggles. If nothing else, she would just sit on him. The most powerful youkai lounging on the most powerful amorphous cloud of bubbles - that would be the most powerful beanbag chair.

>> No.321352

But Wouldn't it be dangerous? Unless she could directly control it, the rampant destruction would include herself? Would she have no self-preservation, or would she create a border around herself as strong as the border between Yog-Sothoth and the Universe? I suppose if she were to open the border, she would switch places.

But then she would be alone, and there would be no more shits or giggles to have.

>> No.321458
File: 315 KB, 640x480, 1206587493411.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it not possible that, being a congeries of iridescent globes, Yog-Sothoth could be gradually summoned as danmaku? Perhaps she is already sitting on The Lurker at the Threshold whenever she rests upon a gap.

>> No.321522

I say she could manipulate the boundary between freedom and slavery to bind Yog-Sothoth to her will. At that point she could use it to wreak her own brand of wild destruction, make it her domestic servant like Ran, or use it as furniture. Since just setting eyes on Yog-Sothoth or hearing its voice would cause the psyches of being not accustomed to extra-planar gods to spontaneously collapse, I would hope Yukari would have the common sense to keep him in the closet. Or being the care-free individual with no concern for the sanity of others that she is, maybe she would ride it around like Goku and his cloud.

>> No.321570

I concede it is possible, but through constant use of such power, wouldn't she eventually end up summoning all of him? Thereby leading to the point of destruction where she either dies or hides. Unless she stuffs him back in of course.

And posting a picture of "The boundary of Life and Death" only helps to prove that she has no need, nor gain from attempting to summon him, even in bits. She can create powerful enough Danmaku to fight others against simply by utilizing the movement and function of other, more easier to manipulate borders, such as the Border between Youkai and Humans where she creates a Maze of danmaku that would confound normal humans, but would be easy to navigate for kore-I mean Youkai.

>> No.321714

Ah, but even her most complex danmaku patterns were overcome by a laid-back miko, an ordinary witch, and a maid with pads. She can't even win a one-on-one duel, much less win a war against the lunar capitol. I say she stands to gain quite a bit by making an Outer God her pet.

>> No.321737

The miko cheats, though.

>> No.321742
File: 65 KB, 400x400, 1206588967321.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>321714
?

>> No.321750
File: 92 KB, 866x762, 1206589024752.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>320701
>>320707
>>320744
>>320817
>>320884
>>320906
>>320940
>>321061
>>321198
>>321352
>>321458
>>321522
>>321570
>>321714
...uh....what...?

>> No.321755
File: 184 KB, 500x500, 1206589068856.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>321742
SUPA TENKO IS NO MATCH FOR SUWA TANK-O

>> No.321818
File: 356 KB, 1024x768, 1206589536218.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.321816

>>321714
It's True a Select Few Humans were able to defeat her, but they only did so because they tried their best. On top of that She has even gone and befriended, or at least Allied with one of them. And let me remind you that she has no motive to become stronger by attempting control over an Outer Realm God. Her Natural Abilities may still be growing. Plus, she still has her Servent, and her Servent's Servent to fight for her and with her.

More importantly is that the Spellcard Rule is in effect. The Spellcard Rule was devised so that a Winner may be determined without either party dying as a result. Yukari had simply used up an extensive list of Spellcards. She could very well beat any of them on her own. Take for instances Imperishable Night's fourth stage, where She and Reimu fight Marisa. The same rules apply so that either party would have a fair chance at defeating one another.

>>321742
SUPA TANKO

>> No.321828

>>321750
The discussion of the possibility of Yukari summoning an Outer God, and using it as a bean bag chair.

Gods below, did I wind up on /tg/ again by accident?

>> No.321829

>>321818
this picture arouses me in a way that I've never been aroused in before

>> No.321850
File: 68 KB, 430x610, 1206589683203.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>321750
We are Discussing Borders. Would you like to join us?

>> No.321888

>>321750
IRT All of these posts listed in this post:

Fuck damnit, gb2 /tg/, you... you..

DOUBLE NECKBEARD.

>> No.321897

>>321816
It is a good point that the heroines only defeated Yukari thanks to the spellcard rules. One could theorize that without those rules in effect, she could use Border of Life and Death to invoke spontaneous death in living things, akin to what Yuyuko can do. However, Yukari's rather crushing defeat at the hands of the lunar army predate the spellcard system by at least a thousand years. So even when the gloves have come off, she can still be beaten. Thus her need for something more powerful.

>> No.321913

>>321897
>Yukari's rather crushing defeat

There's a theory that she tossed the fight, as part of her larger plans.

>> No.321916

>>321897
Or, you could argue that Yukari was much weaker back then, such as in those series of doujins about Yukari meeting Ran.

>> No.321970

>>321888
My neck is really itchy for some reason.

>>321897
This will be a stretch (as much of a stretch as Yukari using Yog-Sothoth's power for her own intentions) But there is a Theory that Yukari does not play to win. As we agree, she only fools around for the sake of stirring up conflict. Now, with her border breaking abilities and her desire to inflict conflict, wouldn't it be possible that her only intention would be to Start wars and not finish them? There are hints of this even during Yukari's Talk with Reimu before PCB's Phantasm Bossfight.

"That glorious barrier is weakening along the northeast. If left alone, it might wear out completely."

"You're right, that's kind of dangerous. Thanks for letting me know."

"No, no, you see, I'm the one trying to tear a hole in it."

As you can see here, Yukari is Actively picking on Reimu, and there is no evidence provided that she is even attacking the barrier. On top of that, by picking on Reimu, she started a fight that she lost, in which she apparently could have easily won.

>> No.321971

>>321913
>>321916
Both entirely plausible theories. However, why would she enlist the aid of the other most prominent residents of Gensokyo if she didn't actually need. Perhaps her machinations are far more sinister than they appear? Yukari is truly a puzzle wrapped in an enigma within a bounded danmaku field.

>> No.321985

>>321971

It seemed like the whole point of the war was to subtly teach the more invasion-happy youkai a lesson as to why that was a BAD idea. Thus, them staying put in Gensokyo.

As to WHY she'd want to contain them, well, who knows?

>> No.321980

>>321913
Of course. She wanted to draw the Lunarians to Gensokyo. That way she could fight them on home turf.

>> No.321996

So... why is she launching the 2nd lunar war?

>> No.322034

>>321996
We can't tell right now. Like Eirin and Yuyuko, Yukari knows something we don't.

>> No.322050

/tg/? I thought Cthulhu goes in /x/?

>> No.322087

I don't think it's been explored in much depth, but Yukari's powers require a duality to work. Perhaps someone on the moon used an ability involving something all-encompassing that can't simply be divided and manipulated by borders and relationships. Kaguya's eternity manipulation almost sounds right. Could that be a weakness when used outside of spell card rules?

>> No.322103

>>322050
I could've used any fictional, historical, or mythological being in place of Yog-Sothoth. I only really picked him because he essentially exists on, or is one with, a boundary of his own - making him coincide nicely with Yukari's powers. That, and I wanted to make the joke about him being used as a beanbag chair.

>> No.322273
File: 302 KB, 1046x1513, 1206592532921.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>321985
Youkai can't survive on their own. The outside world has no more need for them. By creating the paradise of Gensokyo and surrounding herself with fellow youkai, Yukari is effectively ensuring that the supernatural--herself included--survives. The first Lunar War served as an example to those hotheaded youkai who thought such things who couldn't understand that the modern world is a scary place.

Also, power. The inhabitants of Gensokyo are split into various factions. By rallying numerous youkai around herself, she maintains her influence in Gensokyo.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action