[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 2.59 MB, 1920x1080, mta-screen_2021-01-09_19-15-45.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
31996102 No.31996102 [Reply] [Original]

Hello again, it's been quite some time! I'm excited to say /the GTA Touhou server will be resuming hosting starting tomorrow, Sunday, around 7 or 8 PM EST. Please look forward to it!

>> No.31996189
File: 2.90 MB, 900x506, 2021-01-09 18-25-51.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>31996102
What a few months it's been, huh? The board's gotten quite a bit quicker, on top of the server not being hosted for Christmas and the New Year due to some unholy misfortune. It actually gets even better - because my external drive failed just two days after finishing building the computer! That drive actually had every instance of the server backed up to it. Fortunately, there's no sob story to be had here as I backed up those backups to other drives just before. Which I suppose is it's own brand of luck.

Now, the good stuff! If you've noticed something odd about the OP picture, you'd be right; because there's NPC's in Old Hell. There's a new framework available for pedestrians which is much more optimized that I've been working with, it's also given me some ideas of my own to add to it. A picture and a webm don't really do it much justice, but I've added a lot of meat to it - namely scripting in new pathing nodes as well as "idle spots" so it's not just NPCs walking around, but you'll actually find them leaned up against stuff or doing some other activities - in Old Hell, you can find characters passed out drunk by the various buildings, or bathing in the sauna, among other things.
And of course, it's a bit makeshift at the moment but I've also set it up so each region will have different skins. You can see all the SA skins here! Satoris will shuffle about, Koishis run around, and Suika's are perpetually drunk. I'd considered using fairies but there's very few skins for them (per zone) and it largely just seemed uninspired. This might change in the future, but currently this way it's at least closer to the single-player mods.

And of course, due to basically needing an entirely new computer, we're on brand new hardware. Of particularly relevance to the server, an upgrade from 8 GB to 32 GB of RAM, as well as the change from being run off an HDD to an SSD. And all new components for stuff like the CPU and such too of course. The old compuiter the server was hosted on was a bit of a dinosaur, and the improvements from the new hardware are immediately obvious. About a 5 minute startup time to launch the server is about 3 seconds now, and loading resources in is all much quicker, the network troubles are much briefer for loading large files.

I wasn't honestly sure if hosting was a good idea, because there's still a lot that needs brushing up and the fact that I haven't been able to do much of anything for quite some time due to no PC, but in the end my consciousness won out, it has been a while after all. It'll be a good chance to see if there's any novelties that need to be corrected within the new pedestrian script while it's still in the early stages, as well. I have something that I believe will be fun that pairs very well with it in the works, so hopefully all pans out well in it's early testing.

>> No.32001652
File: 241 KB, 320x270, 1559422184846.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>31996189
Wow! Congrats on the new PC!

I can't wait to see the new populated Gensokyo, and I'm looking forward taking it easy with everyone again!

>> No.32004495

>>31996189
I've been waiting for this thread, I'm hyped to see the new NPC system and upgraded server hardware in action!

>> No.32010032

just installed MTA for this server, looking forward for the server!

>> No.32017386
File: 715 KB, 960x960, 35f09b97e8fdbddf672da6ee740cd21d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's a treat to see this again. Thank you for your dedication to this project, and all the hardship you've endured for us. Some escapism is much needed, as there's been a whole lot getting me down. I hope we can continue to experience those dreamlike days together.

>> No.32017667

It just had to be sunday that late.

>> No.32027820

>>31996189
Exciting stuff. Waiting warmly to test

>> No.32028812 [DELETED] 

>>31996189
Link to the NPC resource?

>> No.32028975

>>31996189
Great to hear from you again! Those dreamlike days are finally back!

>> No.32029465

Really amazing how San Andreas never fucking dies.

>> No.32029513

>>31996189
Can you link me the NPC script?

>> No.32030294

>>32029513
Nevermind, I've already found it.

>> No.32038912
File: 143 KB, 532x476, 86215252_p36.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Server will be up soon! If you've not played in a while (or at least as of the past few runs) you should pick up the old pre-download if you don't already have it, otherwise you should be fine.
https://mega.nz/file/748E3a5Q#bG4oou0PkkbQQ_TfWBFDSfRpIjzdpdy83lK1iYp0qvw

>>32010032
Have fun! New blood's always welcome, it's actually the original idea behind why the server goes on breaks aside from just an excuse not to work for a while - It'd be weird for a new person to join when it's just the same people who play all the time, as people naturally flock together after extended periods of time together. The breaks I like to think give enough time to shake people up a bit and socialize outside their comfort zone. We're all awkward NEETs here. If there's anything you need help with feel free to ask! Some things can certainly still be jank sometimes.

>>32017386
You're quite welcome. I said way back when I'd continue to develop this until either it's in a position that I think it's "finished" or I'm simply no longer able to. Development can be a bit slow sometimes but I intend to keep my original promise. Things are slowly moving along, if all goes well with the NPC system that's a big step forward as it's something I consider essential to making it feel like single-player SA.

Still needs a fair bit of work, mind you, but I'm comfortable enough at this stage to show it off a bit and check for any problems. Main thing is pathfinding for the AI, idle spots and a lot of the skins need to be tuned for specific areas so there's odd stuff like roving gangs of Ellis's pulling out uzi's on you.

>> No.32039606

>>32038912
Okay, she's up. Please don't let any more of my hardware catch fire...!

Name: /jp/dream
Pass: Meido
IP: 71.68.68.158

TO REGISTER: Type a username and password and then hit register. Then login.

>> No.32044430

crash!

>> No.32044599

I got taken out, but it was fun even though it wasn't the kind of jumping I expected I did indeed get jumped by some npcs

>> No.32055088

are we still up? i've never played and consistently missed every session for years, hope its finally my turn!!

>> No.32055160

>>32055088
pre-install.rar is going to take a long while it would seem

>> No.32055405

>>32055088
The server will be up for a while longer, just for you anon. You can still join!

>> No.32055466

come back to your real friends vamp

>> No.32055823

>>32055405
ahh i dont want to impose and keep you up just for me! the download is going to be hours ;-;

i will make it next time i know it

>> No.32056415

>>32055466
Don't drop names in the thread.

>> No.32057791

Is there a guide or modpack to overhaul singleplayer?

>> No.32057831
File: 484 KB, 668x509, kaguya in tinytank.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I tried this for the first time tonight and it was great.

>> No.32058835
File: 2.62 MB, 1920x1080, geeidunno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And that's all for tonight. Hope you all liked the little demonstration, until next time!

>>32055823
Held out for as long as I could, but alas. We'll be around next weekend at about the same time, so feel free to drop by and try out the server!

>>32057831
Glad you had fun, anon!

>> No.32058973
File: 2.99 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-11_00-54-18.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32058988
File: 1.57 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-10_17-10-46.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32058835
Thanks. I had fun. The Peds really are a substantial improvement.

>> No.32059422
File: 3.98 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-11_00-29-12.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32059465
File: 1.88 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-10_16-54-21.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32061097

Does anyone have a mega link for the SA base game? I wanna try it out too but I don't think I can buy SA till the next sale.

>> No.32061956

>>32057791
depends on what you can call as overhaul, personally i only recommend SkyGFX and Silentpatch and that's it. maybe some PS2 assets for better details and bug fixes if you're feeling fancy.

there are mods like Things You Can Do In San Andreas that adds missions and side activities but I'm personally not a fan of those kind of mods, the original singleplayer experience is just perfect

also, thanks for the server! it's the most fun I've ever had on multiplayer games for the last couple of years, a shame that my ping sucks and I'm really bad at PVP things but it was still fun regardless, until next time!

>> No.32076380

>>32061097
Try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBRRkV31MtA

>> No.32084658

>>32058988
Wait, there are pedestrians now?

>> No.32088945

>>32084658
There sure are, you can read a bit more about them earlier in the thread. They act like pretty much like actual SA pedestrians, they idle in some spots, flee or fight back if they see you fighting and more. There's also wanted levels, and are even a bit smarter in some areas than vanilla GTA's AI. The SA world is all pathed out, and Old Hell has some pathing done as well.

Reception was a little mixed though, so it does leave me at a minor impasse. I suppose it's a bit naive of me to think such a large change would be universally liked especially when we've been playing ghost town SA for nearly two years now. If I'm speaking frankly on a personal level it's one of the things I'm happiest to finally see on the server, and it's fun to work on, especially seeing custom peds in Gensokyo finally, but that also does not mean the criticisms of it should be overlooked, either. Can't quite please everyone, but I try. Mulling over it a bit I might implement the option to simply disable them entirely on a client-by-client basis for those who find them annoying, should be in the realm of feasibility at least.

>> No.32094789

>>32088945
Keep them, some people don’t like change, I don’t see how a wip feature with such big potential has anything but good things in store for the future of the server

>> No.32094858

>>32088945
I just hope that you can fix the crash issues someday.

>> No.32096592

>>32094789
They're valid criticisms really, I can understand the complaints. Took a look at things and should have the ability to remove pedestrians entirely on a player-by-player basis ready by next week so you can just disable them if you don't like them. It'll help those who have FPS issues from them, too.

>>32094858
Trying my best. Really hard to track down the cause of individual CTDs that happen randomly, with crash reports that are essentially useless. It's as frustrating for me as it is for you, trust me. The issue could be anything but my guess is it's a memory issue; namely the functions that replace the TXDs and DFFs of models don't always free up the memory as they should which causes sporadic crashes after a certain period of time. More models (especially high-detail ones) = higher crash frequency. I swear I've seen this issue marked as "fixed" in several different releases. I don't think they've properly nipped it quite yet.

This is only my own personal theory mind you. I don't notice any unusual memory usage or indications of leaks from any running scripts, so it seems like a likely perpetrator especially given just how many high-poly models we have now compared to a year ago. Depending on how quickly I can get other things done this week I might try testing it in an actual capacity.

>> No.32101373

>>32096592
For me, the issue seem to be the peds keep spawning in random places and never despawn. I saw them poping out midair in toyko and beach in genso. My game slowly become a slideshow until they got reset when we were taking group photos.

>> No.32105163

>>32096592
Alright I lied, I've been looking into the crashes extensively for the past few hours. What I know for sure is this: The crashing is definitely relating to running out of video memory. I've been digging into some of the old server crash reports and they all point back to that in loosely the same manner. Now where it gets tricky is actually solving the problem. After roughly 4 hours of playing around the basic freeroam trying to break things by myself, there's no increase in memory usage that's generally indicative of a memory leak in the scripts and it's remained at a stable level for the entire testing period. The fact that the drops happens so frequently for some people it would mean if it were a script issue there'd be something that is sucking up an enormous of amount of memory and would immediately pop out.

Some of the model replacements, however, are really bloated. The Admiral vehicle alone for example is about 17 MB large. By comparison, it's suggested that a model be under 1 MB. I did some digging a bit and it seems like large model files are a bad culprit of crashing PCs. I'll try to look into this a bit more and perhaps try messing around a bit to see if I can reduce the frequency of crashes.

For those of you who crash frequently, are you running a 32 bit OS or otherwise have a fairly low amount of RAM (around 4 GB or so)?

>>32101373
Noted, thanks. There was also an issue where they acted a bit funky in the 100 dimension (wouldn't dive out of the way of cars) which I've already fixed.

>> No.32105608

>>32105163
>Some of the model replacements, however, are really bloated. The Admiral vehicle alone for example is about 17 MB large. By comparison, it's suggested that a model be under 1 MB. I did some digging a bit and it seems like large model files are a bad culprit of crashing PCs. I'll try to look into this a bit more and perhaps try messing around a bit to see if I can reduce the frequency of crashes.

The odd thing is that the last few runs before the break had the exact same models and there were little to no crashes. I can try to optimize the super high poly vehicles or find much lighter versions too.

>> No.32105871

>>32105163
I've been without a computer for weeks and feel talkative, so I'll abuse the chance to ramble on a bit more about this.

As the crashes are relating to memory my hunch is that the models are not properly freeing up the memory that they should when no longer in-use, which is indeed an MTA problem that's been brought up before. And given how heavy some of these models are and the length of a singular run (last one was about 10 hours) it's basically just waiting for the time bomb to go off. Less memory and if you're around a bunch of heavier models, for example = more frequent crashes because the memory they allocate is not properly freed. This would explain why both the crashes happen in seemingly random intervals and why some seem more victim them than others.

I'll keep a close eye on the server's performance statistics next run just in the case that I'm wrong, but this seems to be the most reasonable cause I can think of logically at the moment. If somebody has anything to input on this, like if you have a lot or a little RAM and rarely crash or seem to crash at a certain time or from a certain trigger, that'd certainly help a great deal as well. It's not an easy issue to duplicate.

I forgot to mention it but MTA uses your GTASA install, if you have a bunch of mods installed on regular SA that could also cause crashes as well. Might want to use a separate, clean installation to run it off of if you're crashing a lot just for the sake of measuring the actual culprit.

>>32105608
It's hard to get an accurate read on the specifics, but from the server logs I can tell that the crashes seem to have begun being a notable nuisance from July onwards as there's a number of logged crashes from this point, though they happened intermittently prior. For a simple controlled test you could simply reduce the amount of replaced vehicles or objects to see if it helps, which is what I might end up trying next weekend just to finally nip the actual cause of this in the bud for good.

>> No.32106079

>>32105871
That is to say, simply removing them to see if they reduce crash frequency is probably better just for a simple test. That being said, trying to keep our model files under at least 1 MB isn't a bad practice at all. A lot of the vehicles and stuff we use now are still imported from SP where a few bloated models isn't really a big deal.

>> No.32107767

>>32105608
>>32105163
Just shooting the shit here, but if the car models are particularly memory heavy, is it possible that their replacers become a client-thing? That is, I'm envisioning a sort of pre-download-lite that just doesn't include those, for users who consistently crash, and they could just play with, essentially, a low-def version of the server. Yeah, it's a compromise, but I think it's a fair compromise to make.

>> No.32108679
File: 2.81 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-10_17-52-47.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32105163
>>32105871
>>32107767
If it helps a little.

During the our last play-through i did not crash in the typical manner. The first "crash" was when right as tokyo was turn on. It wasn't really a crash but a freeze. Sounds were still going but nothing else was. I could't exit the game properly, need to alt+ctrl+delete and end task. Alt tabbing and re entering didn't work. I tried to wait it but after completing preparing some food I decided to relog and was back up and running. Second and third times was when the new people showed up and were DLing assets from the server directly I think or (when the maps genso/tokyo maps were disable/renabled, hard to tell whats happen when you are frozen). Same symptoms.

Other than that, I did not timeout at all. I lost internet a brief period but that's on me. I also don't think its the ped script directly, rather the amount of high ploy skins it has to phasing in and out of the game being rendered. And with the amount of custom cars now, some anons PCs might be struggling to keep up. I did notice a small performance drops/fps drop/stutters in some areas with peds, but it wasn't bad on my system. It was mostly at spawn where there is a bunch of peds being rendered all at a once is where I can notice it. Also there were quite a bit of peds in Gensokyo being spawned outside Former Hell (pic related, there peds behind me as well), mostly between geometry and under the map and it didn't seem like there were being derendered/depawn regularly but it's hard to tell.

Also, I think the host noted that he got some weird artifacting for brief moments. For the record I have been getting those as well ever since the update to 1.5.8 and when i got my new video card last year. I'm leaning towards it's the video card/drivers being newer and gtasa being old. Weird things can happen on modern cards and modern drivers on old games. It didn't happen on my old 700 gtx series card and that had old drivers.

I have a 32gb of ram, a nvidia 20 series rtx card with 8gb of vram, a modern 6 core amd cpu, and SSDs.

And for some people that didn't notice. If you do crash while playing, try restating MTA before joining in again or else you will just crash twice.

>> No.32108861

>>32108679
>And for some people that didn't notice. If you do crash while playing, try restating MTA before joining in again or else you will just crash twice.
Just to clarify this point, if you do crash, meaning MTA itself closed out and you're back at desktop, you can just start up MTA again and reconnect.

It's if you only get disconnected - that is, booted back to the server list that you should manually close MTA because if you do try to reconnect immediately, you will just suffer a proper crash to desktop.

>> No.32109345
File: 2.85 MB, 1920x1080, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2021.01.10 - 19.35.33.14.DVR.mp4_snapshot_02.52.973.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32108679
Also this happen to me I entered Gensokyo once. Never happen to me previously. Need to restart mta to fix it.

>> No.32109373

I've only crashed once, and that was just because i alt tabbed when MTA is still streaming the mods data, other than that I've no issue in my 2-3 hours playtime.

I think some of the crashes and slowdown are related to how MTA sync itself rather than how heavy the mods actually are, in my experience the time where I had a really really bad drops was when we played the cube gamemode, technically it shouldn't have a lot of assets being streamed in or loaded right? but no. and I'm pretty sure i wasn't the only one that had massive drops in that gamemode. Shrine Maiden gamemode runs surprisingly well even when it was super chaotic.

I haven't modded GTA SA in a very long time but i think limit adjusters scripts can help ironed out the engine limitations related issues, will it work on a MTA server though, i have no idea myself.

>> No.32110249
File: 606 KB, 800x800, __kawashiro_nitori_touhou_drawn_by_honotai__81710054168ed3449eb949be684f14bd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32107767
I used vehicles largely as an example there, but figure we have:
224 custom skins
132 custom vehicles
276 replaced objects between Gensokyo and Tokyo

By comparison, a backup from November of 2019:
200 skins
48 vehicles (notably a few less of the weightier ones in by this point as well)
8 replaced objects by the Human Village

It's a LOT even as far "heavy" MTA servers go. Throw in texture files and those values all double. Figure in stuff like multiple players (especially in a congregated spot for example) and from a logical perspective it makes sense that memory-related crashes will go up especially when it is not being properly freed as it should. If this is indeed the case simply optimizing these models and textures would go a long way to reducing the frequency of the crashes with little to no visual impact on the models themselves, either. Not a big deal if my assumption is right, it's a relatively simple-affair if not a bit time-consuming because of the sheer amount of stuff we have. In regards to your question - there actually used to be the ability to use custom IMG mods for certain stuff that I recall, but, peculiarly now that I'm looking for them, these options seem to have been removed from the various management menus. Perhaps to cut back on cheating.

>>32108679
>>32109345
Yeah, that's undoubtedly an issue that happens when you're out of memory (VRAM specifically I'm pretty sure) actually. But yes, that's a very astute observation. If it is indeed model-related that would also explain why the number of CTDs seemed to increase while pedestrians are active, as there's a lot of high-poly models being streamed in and out. I've been eyeing it specifically for any memory leaks and it's very stable, at least.

>>32109373
>limit adjusters scripts can help ironed out the engine limitations related issues, will it work on a MTA server though, i have no idea myself.
Was actually mulling over suggesting this option as well. I've heard it floating around a few places that throwing the streamer memory fix on top of your SA installation can indeed help with some of these issues, I can't verify the credence though.
https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/other/18222-stream-memory-fix-2-0/

Nevertheless, the best solution is likely trial and error. If anyone wants to be a guinea pig for a few hours perhaps I'll throw the server up for a back-to-basics run with a bunch of the replaced car models and stuff off sometime this week. See if it makes any difference.

>> No.32110986

>>32110249
>If anyone wants to be a guinea pig for a few hours perhaps I'll throw the server up for a back-to-basics run with a bunch of the replaced car models and stuff off sometime this week
Gladly, just say when.

>> No.32124035

>>32110249
I'll see if I can join. I will try to join with that memory stream fix applied to see if that does anything.

>> No.32127730

>>32110249
>>32124035
>I've heard it floating around a few places that throwing the streamer memory fix on top of your SA installation can indeed help with some of these issues, I can't verify the credence though.
>https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/other/18222-stream-memory-fix-2-0/

It's a .asi mod, MTA doesn't loads these. MTA itself has a built-in streaming memory option in the settings, try adjusting that.

>> No.32129662

>>32127730
Oh, it was just a CLEO mod. That's unfortunate. Figured it was something more in the vein of ENB that modifies the engine. Yeah that's about useless then. I'd suggest leaving your streaming memory at maximum (if it isn't already) because issues like >>32109345 can happen when the game starts running out of it. If you crash a lot you can try setting it to minimum, but bear in mind you may get some wonky results from time to time. It's still ultimately something that'll require a solution on the server's end; I'll try to collect more crash details next time we play.

>> No.32129781

>>32129662
I was delirious last night and forgot to mention it, but the DFF's for the Primo, Sentinel and mower appear to contain errors, get warned about them when the server boots up. Might be something else worth looking into.

>> No.32140541

>>32088945
>they idle in some spots, flee or fight back if they see you fighting and more.
I think I remember reading something like that a while back. I forgot that was a thing until now.
The pathing is new to me though.

>> No.32147344

What a fun project

>> No.32148109

>>32147344
It's still certainly a work in progress, but it's coming along. It's a bit unrelated, but shifting through some of the old server backups reminded me of this little sprite system I was working on last year. Even though it's not been that long, it's kind of embarrassing looking back on my old code and some of the stuff I struggled to understand at the time. It's not really a practical feature, but silly stuff like this has always been my favorite to work on. It'd be nice if it can see some real use one day, even now I don't think anyone else has tried to do something quite like it.

On an actual note of relevance, if any anons are free later this afternoon I'd appreciate some free bodies for a quick "stress test" of the server. Mostly just a controlled test of seeong if removing certain assets results in less frequent CTDs. Shouldn't take long, maybe an hour or so, but it'll probably be around 2 or 3 PM EST if anyone's interested.

>> No.32148157 [DELETED] 

>>32148109
Parsee is jealous of posts that don't forget the file.

>> No.32148216
File: 2.38 MB, 586x404, I'm jealous of the 3D characters!.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32148109
Parsee doesn't want to be uploaded.

>> No.32148356

>>32148109
Sure, I'm up for a test. To be honest, though, if you're testing for stress, there's no substitute for a proper run with 15+ people.

>> No.32149697

>>32038912
Other than putting the files into MTA folder, is there anything else I need to do to install this mod?
e.g. Make another clean GTA SA installation, use different crack version

>> No.32150280

>>32149697
that is pretty much it, make sure that you use the hoodlum crack and you should be good to go. clean installation is recommended for a more consistent experience, MTA wont load mods like cleos and asi anyway.

>> No.32161448

>>32150280
>MTA wont load mods like cleos and asi anyway.
?

>> No.32169080

>>32148356
It's more of a controlled test really. If it's a memory issue it'll be readily apparent whether or not it makes any difference since there were one or two CTDs within the first 30 minutes-hour. I'll be watching the memory stats for anything unusual during this as well.

Some other stuff! You can toggle peds on and off now, this completely disables (or enables) all functions relating to them on your client, aside from the pickups of course. Don't tell anybody I did this already though.

The server's up, so if you have a little time to kill, it'd be appreciated!

>>32149697
You can disregard my previous statements about that mod, thought it was something else. Pardon my mistake. As was mentioned, MTA doesn't load CLEO mods.

>> No.32171837

>>32169080
Went the whole time without a single CTD! That was pretty educational, my thanks to all who helped test out for a while. I know monitoring memory statistics isn't exactly thrilling work, but it helps a whole lot in tracking down problems.

For those that weren't around, the culprit is indeed memory-related. Simply entering and exiting the Genso map will cause a progressive increase in memory use that never gets freed. On top of the heavy vehicle models and stuff that are loaded in, it's not hard to see why it was crash galore sometimes. The solution is pretty simple at least, optimizing our model files should really help cut back on those crashes if not outright eliminate them for most anons.

>> No.32172186

>>32171837
>Simply entering and exiting the Genso map will cause a progressive increase in memory use that never gets freed.
For me entering did add some memory usage, but went it down after exiting, it didn't stack up.

>> No.32172290

>>32161448
if you already have a modded copy of GTA SA and have script mods like cleos and asi, it wont create an issue since they won't be loaded by MTA anyway despite what MTA said when you first boot up the client. but clean installation is still recommended for a more consistent experience

>> No.32174294

>>32172186
Gpu Vram memory or system memory?

>> No.32186051

>>32172290
Ok. Thanks for the clarification and continued efforts.

>> No.32192153

>>32148216
>>32148109
I had forgotten about that sprites mode, when it's finished post an example sprite sheet to make our own 2D 2hus.

>> No.32206602

Board too fast.

>> No.32214512
File: 1.57 MB, 1600x1600, 1609042263093.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32206602

>> No.32223706

>>32148216
That's pretty cool. It reminds me of the old 3d games.

>> No.32230972

>>32192153
>>32223706
It's pretty cool, right? Practically speaking it's.... Kind of useless! But a fun novelty to work on from time to time. I'd like to eventually fully animate them like you see in the fighters, but it's a tricky issue to tackle. DirectX rendering functions are fragile creatures in that they need to be called every frame, and they're not super-duper optimized so they can eat up a ton of CPU if used carelessly, worst case they can completely bomb a server's frames (something I've seen on other servers from poorly made custom radars and HUDs). Figure, clients are locked to 60 FPS. Now do the math - ONE function with an event set to trigger on every frame can wind up being called nearly 4000 times over the course of a minute! So you really need to watch how you handle them.

It's a fun little thing to work on anyways, along with the pedestrians it's a personal favorite of mine.

>> No.32249496 [DELETED] 

>> No.32259066

>>32230972
>DirectX rendering functions are fragile creatures in that they need to be called every frame
How long has that been a thing?
>It's a fun little thing to work on anyways, along with the pedestrians it's a personal favorite of mine.
So long as it's fun, good luck.

>> No.32263658
File: 2.85 MB, 1920x1080, mta-screen_2021-01-10_22-50-39.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The GTA server will be up tomorrow, Saturday, at around 7 or 8 PM EST. Please look forward to it! Custom car models will remain disabled for at least this week to see how much of a difference they make in a fully-fledged run of the server.

>>32259066
>How long has that been a thing?
Always, as far as I know. You can work around this generally by using RenderTargets, though that can have some odd quirks and issues of its own. It wouldn't really be too much of an issue, but because DX9 isn't exactly performance friendly with it's drawing functions, even just a few them can eat through CPU like butter.

DX11 purportedly handles these much better, and there's been talk of upgrading to it, but it remains to be seen whether or not they'll follow through with it. Would certainly be troublesome for those on lower-end or dated hardware.

>> No.32264333
File: 16 KB, 970x500, 1559424529946.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32263658
looking forward to it!

>> No.32277465

>>32263658
>because DX9 isn't exactly performance friendly with it's drawing functions, even just a few them can eat through CPU like butter.
I guess I should look more into it. I'm not looking forwards to doing that however.

>> No.32280641

>>32277465
Depends on what you're trying to do I guess. If you're making something with a lot of draw calls DX9 may not be the best for it because you need to make each draw call individually, unlike with say DX11 where you can actually group them all together into a single call. On top of some of the other improvements subsequent releases have made to lessen how taxing they actually are. This is one of the primary reasons for the case to upgrade MTA to DX11.

I'm hardly an expert in this area, however, but if you're working on something good luck in your endeavors.

>> No.32292962
File: 1.63 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-11_00-25-28.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32300196

>>32263658
cant wait!

>> No.32307528

>>32280641
Thanks

>> No.32311750
File: 2.86 MB, 950x576, The Nue.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Server will be up within the next 20 minutes or so! If you already have the most recent pre-download, nothing else should be required today.

If you crash:
Copy the contents of the error report and paste it in a /report when you rejoin.

Here's something dumb we might try out later, think Shrine Maiden except the Shrine Maiden can eat people to regain health and has a bunch of crazy abilities. It's a public script and janky as hell, but it might provide some brief amusement.

>> No.32311829

>>32311750
looks hilarious

>> No.32312194

>>32311750
how terrifying, can't wait!

>> No.32312342
File: 2.18 MB, 2000x1340, 72330286_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32311750
Server's up! Misfortune abound!

TO REGISTER: Type a username and password and then hit register. Then login.

>> No.32320221 [DELETED] 

>> No.32331570

I crashed at the very end! thanks for the run!

>> No.32331784
File: 1.13 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-16_21-00-50.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32331859
File: 90 KB, 1920x1080, gallery5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That''s all for tonight, thank you for coming, and I hope it was enjoyable!

>>32331570
Might've been one of the only CTDs of the night then, overall it's nice to see them down so much from last week. Glad you had fun!

>> No.32331953
File: 1.82 MB, 1366x768, snow barbecue.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thank you for the fun times! See you all again next time~

The improvement in performance is amazing! I didn't even ctd a single time all day! Well done!

>> No.32332028

it was really enjoyable, thanks for the fun night! i hope you can get the custom car models sorted out, i definitely miss them in this session

>> No.32332080
File: 1.73 MB, 1776x1000, mta-screen_2021-01-17_05-10-15.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32332161
File: 1.49 MB, 1366x768, mta-screen_2021-01-17_08-35-03.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32332185
File: 1.04 MB, 1366x768, mta-screen_2021-01-17_11-30-35.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32332277
File: 3.40 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-16_22-12-24.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32332334
File: 1.56 MB, 1776x1000, mta-screen_2021-01-11_01-34-25.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32332161

>> No.32332358
File: 173 KB, 1917x1055, gallery67.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'll try and post some of my screenshots through the years for the photobook over the next few days

>> No.32332365
File: 1.75 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-16_21-08-46.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32331784

>> No.32332668
File: 2.33 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-16_21-03-41.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32332358
All right. If any others want to share photos, you can do the same or just send a zipped folder with the ones you want to share.

I thought about making it only contain photos only for the years of 2019 and 2020, but that's just brain storming on my part. Send me whatever you want. As for the amount...I'm not too sure. I am looking for variety, try to keep it under 100 guess?

>> No.32332996
File: 1.76 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-16_22-13-48.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32332668
Also. They can be crop or edited as you see fit.

>> No.32333088
File: 3.49 MB, 1920x1080, mta-screen_2021-01-16_20-14-12.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32332028
Don't worry, it's not a permanent thing. Today was mostly just a test of my previous theory in a full-run. For better or worse, it seems I was correct, but all that really means is our model files are a bit bigger than they should be. It might take some time, but I believe most of them can be optimized without any overtly visual differences.

>> No.32334265
File: 1.13 MB, 1431x1080, 17 year old hag and paint huffing Yorihime.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32332668
>>32332996
Looking back on all these old pictures sure does make you feel a bit melancholy. It doesn't feel like it, but two years really have come and gone like lightning, huh. Met lots of different people, tried lots of things, had lots of things break and scramble to try and fix them (most of the time, actually).

Hopefully all of the anons that are no longer with us are well too. Would they still be around if there was more content, or if you handled certain things better? it's hard not to think about such things occasionally. But the actual anniversary is still months away, it's too early for sappy speeches!

Here's a few of my personal favorites, including the very first group photo taken on the server. Most of them are some of the first times we tried certain stuff and other one-time gimmick things.
https://files.catbox.moe/1slcmc.rar

>> No.32334578

>>32334265
people come and go, anon. that's just life.

>> No.32334660
File: 1.50 MB, 1920x1080, mta-screen_2019-06-02_13-52-06.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good times.

>> No.32335213
File: 2.67 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-16_21-14-28.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32334265
Thanks. I don't know when going i'm going to complete it but it's something I had my mind on doing for a while.
I don't have much in the way of creativity in these sort of things, though I would like to make an attempt at it. At the very least, it's just another way to archive small things that are sometimes forgotten about.

>> No.32336417
File: 2.34 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-16_21-44-06.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32348041

>>32334265
>but two years really have come and gone like lightning, huh.
Yeah, I didn't realize it until yesterday. I might drop by, but I don't know since I haven't played SA. I'm not sure how well it'll run either.

>> No.32348071

>>32348041
-If I have time.

>> No.32349517

>>32334660
I miss flanders

>> No.32358562
File: 2.86 MB, 1920x1080, mta-screen_2021-01-17_04-29-47.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32358939 [DELETED] 

>> No.32369852

>>32358562
She looks lonely

>> No.32371838

>>32369852
She's fine, there's a fairy sitting behind her.

>> No.32375871

>>32349517
Just isn't the same without those fervid threats of being stabbed.

>> No.32377846
File: 169 KB, 586x598, caa3f8be50fedc7ec529aa6072934def.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32349517
>>32375871
Please stop with this namedropping and familiarity in these threads. The project may as well not exist on /jp/ if it's kept up, we're all anonymous here after all.

>> No.32381140

>>32335213
It's a really good idea, I'll contribute with some screens later.

>> No.32390605

>>32377846
Are you the fun police?

>> No.32394153

>>32375871
>fervid threats of being stabbed
sounds like fun

>> No.32399511
File: 2.83 MB, 986x558, Hakurei Life.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32377846
You probably won't see a much bigger advocate for your concerns than me in this area, but thankfully everyone's pretty good in this regard. I'm sure nerves are a bit stretched right now, but relax, those anons didn't even use a name. The anniversary's soon too, so I'm sure looking through some of these old photos all the way back from 2019 makes people feel a little nostalgic.

On an actual note pertaining to the server, here's something I'd been working on that I've been hinting at for a while. They're little SA-styled co-op missions. It's possible to do a variety of things, and I think it'd help alleviate some of the lack of PvE content. This was actually why I was pretty excited to get the NPCs in working order since it'll really give you that single-player feel. Still needs a bit of work though, such as my AAA-quality dialogue writing.

>> No.32402528

>>32399511
Nice job! Maybe newcomers will be forced to do missions before joining a gang.

>> No.32402898

>>32399511
Open the server if you need help with coop missions.

>> No.32403373

>>32399511
who needs AAA quality dialogue writing when we can have the masterpiece english patched touhou 6 level of dialogue!

>> No.32412553

>>32399511
That cutscene makes me want to play old games again.
There's something about them that just isn't captured anymore.

>> No.32415445

>>32412553
This. We need more SP features for the server.

>> No.32419121
File: 373 KB, 1845x1300, 60691614_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32402898
Main thing right now really is figuring out what to actually DO with them. To try and make it as simple as possible, here's the general gist of several lines of thought I've panned out on where things could head:

- A story from a single viewpoint such as the Hakurei Shrine with progressively unlocking missions in varying types. A bit vanilla.

- Several stories where you get to spend a bit of time with each of the gangs that offer different playstyles. Hypotheticals; simple elimination missions for Hakurei, defense missions for Lunarians, SDM...? And so on.

- Arcade-y type missions with no real overarching story, immediately available from the start, in varying difficulties and types. Probably the least-inspired of the three options but also the simplest in terms of "what can you do right away?".

And of course, any suggestions. In terms of what you can actually do for missions - skies the limit, really. Escort missions, treasure hunts, or so on. Only real limitation is anything involving heavy use of NPC vehicles. You can kind of get around having having a few cars following a simple path perhaps, with a bit of creative scripting, if a mission really needs it. Bear in mind though, heartbroken as some of you may be to hear it, I am not, in fact, a one-man AAA game-dev team! No matter what anything'll probably take a fair bit of time since stuff like this is a bit complex, definitely something that'll take a bit of planning out since nothing's more soul-sucking than working on something only to have to completely scrap it or largely re-write it to accommodate future-changes.

Again, don't be shy if you want to share any general ideas! Always try to take things into consideration before I work on something.

>> No.32419334

>>32419121
I guess the best idea would be to get more inspiration from SP missions.

>> No.32419456

>>32419121
Maybe more gimmicky missions for SDM? Like impressing the mistress with stunts and such?

>> No.32423308

>>32334265
Remember the first turf wars in LV? Good times..

>> No.32424039

>>32419121
For an the arcade type mission, a simple time trial in cars? Like who can get the best time up or down akina with specific cars, showing all the best times for each player. Maybe Mima can give them to you and beating your personal best gets you money.

For SDM maybe clearing the mansion of intruders, in or outside of it, as Sakuya or Meiling. Could work as a defense mission in instead of the Lunarians. If it's in LS proper, then maybe like delivery/pickup type missions with for ojou-sama, some being guarded by enemies. Though maybe that would work better for someone like mystia, delivering food to people in her truck.

>> No.32424903

>>32419121
>I am not, in fact, a one-man AAA game-dev team!
Which is very calming. AAA games are the worst games on the market. I'm very excited to see what someone like you can make.

It does sound very generic but what GTA is best for is of course racing. So maybe try to make a timed gensokyo, tokyo or touge run?

>> No.32437118

>>32390605
You're under arrest.

>> No.32443746

>>32423308
I didn't play then but I believe I saw a few screenshots.

>> No.32451709
File: 2.89 MB, 1920x1080, mta-screen_2020-07-06_10-07-52.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32332668
I realized as I looked through my folder, that most of my favorite screenshots were taken by other people. I hope these will suffice though.
https://files.catbox.moe/vnidwt.7z

>> No.32456206
File: 142 KB, 1229x469, 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32332668
I just barely managed to keep it under 100, there were just too many wonderful moments we've spent together.
I wish I realized you could hide the HUD sooner, alot of my early screenshots aren't very good because of it, I didn't include those.
https://files.catbox.moe/g4sj65.zip

>> No.32459316 [DELETED] 
File: 3.29 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-10_19-31-41.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32451709
These are good. Thanks!

>> No.32459355
File: 3.29 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-10_19-31-41.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32451709
>>32456206
These are good. Thanks.

>> No.32467105

>>32399511
That's pretty cool, I didn't know it was possible to make cutscenes and custom missions in MTA.

>> No.32477635

>>32467105
Not him, but that kind of stuff exists for other games as well. I'm surprised as well, but I half expected it. I don't think they have voices, but you can change the subtitles if you manage to find them.

>> No.32481691

>>32467105
>>32477635
There's not much you can't do with a bit of creativity really. The only real drawback most of the time is MTA's own limitations (which aren't entirely their fault since it IS a 20 year old game and they don't even have the source code to work with). That cutscene there is pretty simple, since it's really just a proof-of-concept, but you can recreate mission cutscenes from single-player almost perfectly with enough time. Could even add voices, among other things.

Speaking of MTA issues, By some happenstance I found something really peculiar that might be pertinent to us. As most of you know frames completely bomb when entering the SDM interior. This issue was opened on the github a few days ago, and it's par-for-par our exact same problem - massive frame-rate drops in a custom modeled interior. The cause seems to be up in the air at the moment, but it's something that might be worth keeping an eye on:
https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/issues/2017

>> No.32484885

I want to start lua scripting but I'm too lazy to learn the basics..

>> No.32485679

>>32484885
Unless you're already into that kind of stuff, I'd say you're all the better off without it truly. Any work on the programming side of things is both time-consuming, and soul-sucking. A lot of people dream of doing such work, and you certainly can do a lot of fun things with it, but it's very enduring work for lack of a better word. If I could trade my inclination towards this kind of work for more artistic abilities I would in a heartbeat, honestly. 3D modeling, art or graphics. If I had to give advice to someone who wanted to work on games, or any sort of game-related project, my advice would be to focus on those areas simply because you'll probably get more fulfillment out of them over being a full-time code monkey.

That's not to say it's awful, though! Depending on what you want to do, being self-sufficient is good and programming work can be very lucrative. You can earn a few grand out of even flimsy odd-jobs that only take a few weeks, sometimes, if you're lucky and have decent negotiation skills. Trying to solve complex problems and pulling off some ridiculous idea can also be a lot of fun. The more ambitious things the server has right now are some of my favorite things to work on, it's always a joy to make little improvements to them.

>> No.32491814 [DELETED] 

>> No.32496977

>>32481691
reading this

>> No.32497106

>>32485679
Not him but I feel the same way somewhat. My only issue is that once I'm certain of what I'm looking to do, I can't do it. It just isn't possible right now.
I haven't delved too far into 3D modeling, but I wonder what it holds if I ever get to it.

>> No.32497236

>>32481691
>The only real drawback most of the time is MTA's own limitations
>you can recreate mission cutscenes from single-player almost perfectly with enough time. Could even add voices, among other things.
I thought so.
It's possible but it will take some time. Hopefully everything comes together nicely.

>> No.32502617

>>32485679
Would it be possible for you to post the script for building these quests and dialogs? I'm mostly curious about the level of difficulty involved

>> No.32506643

>>32481691
>The cause seems to be up in the air at the moment, but it's something that might be worth keeping an eye on:
>https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/issues/2017
Interesting, the resource in that topic might be helpful to pinpoint the cause of the frame drops inside the SDM, I'll test it out later today.

>> No.32517255

>>32506643
Good luck. Hopefully it isn't something too complex.

>> No.32524072 [DELETED] 

>> No.32530615
File: 998 KB, 797x1190, sdm fps fix.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32517255
>>32481691
I solved it, turns out the problem was the attributes of the .col files, not the models or interior coords as I thought. I tested that resource on the current SDM and as soon as the NPCs spawned the fps crashed from 100 to 11. Made new .col files from scratch, reloaded the SDM, spawned the NPCs again and the fps stayed at around 100, success!

>> No.32535584

>>32530615
Awesome!

>> No.32541348

>>32530615
Amazing dude-- I guess the issue was solved somewhat for github. I'm guessing it's a unique case since I haven't looked at it yet.

>> No.32543258

>>32530615
Sweet. I wonder if the all those doors can make a return now.

>> No.32554882

I get the feeling this game will be indistinguishable from the starting point.

>> No.32554920

>>32554882
>indistinguishable
distinguishable
I barely use the other form of the word.

>> No.32562266

>>32543258
>I wonder if the all those doors can make a return now.
That test was done with all the doors on, turns out they didn't impact fps at all. At least with NPCs.

>> No.32567959
File: 1.29 MB, 2032x952, I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Server will be up tomorrow, Saturday, around 6 or 7 PM EST. Please look forward to it! Vehicle models under 1 MB have been re-added, which is less than 20. Only 118 to go! A temporary fix was also added for NPCs messing up weapon spawns.

>>32502617
It'd truthfully be a bit embarrassing to show anything at this point, mostly since it's not actually done yet which is why I was talking about where to take it from here. The cutscenes themselves are just combinations of various camera matrix's and NPC animations, coupled with DX functions to draw the dialogue. A timer advances each "phase" of the cutscene.

>>32530615
Very cool, one more issue crossed off. Means I can actually start working on stuff for the SDM now too.

>> No.32569055
File: 765 KB, 1024x576, sacchan.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32567959
Can't wait!
Also, a small reminder to fix Sacchan.

>> No.32569213 [DELETED] 

>>32569055
One step ahead of you, already did! Didn't mention it but the rigging fixes were actually applied, as well.

>> No.32569276

>>32569055
One step ahead of you, already did! Didn't mention it but the rigging fixes one of the modeling anons supplied were actually added too. Kept forgetting about it due to all the hardware trouble recently, but rest assured poor Sariel no longer has bone disease.

>> No.32569932

>>32569276
Not that anon, but what about Sakuya? Or is she a feature?

>> No.32569984

>>32569276
Awesome!

>> No.32570179
File: 84 KB, 417x416, 1559425563724.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32567959
looking forward to it!

>> No.32570339

>>32569932
who?

>> No.32570418
File: 2.20 MB, 1920x1038, mta-screen_2021-01-22_19-53-53.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32569932
She was a bit ill for a while, but she's as normal as she ever was!

>> No.32588483
File: 2.57 MB, 1920x1080, touhou night party.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32591075
File: 1.35 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-10_13-22-22.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32567959
A anon wanted one of the cars handling modified. Here is my attempt the changes to the car in question, the Cadrona.
Though this car custom model was the Silva (image not related), which is over 1MB.

https://mega.nz/file/i8sxjQbZ#OyyJNLpohBGetuUaCx6sanluNPcD510evqoU4_FpwSo

>> No.32591244

>>32591075
>Silva
S13 Silvia*

>> No.32599611
File: 2.21 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-16_22-11-50.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32608524

Bump.

>> No.32616004

Server will be up momentarily! You don't need anything other than the last pre-install if you haven't played in a few months.

>>32591075
Added. Thanks!

>> No.32616127

>>32616004
Here's the SDM coll fix to test it later https://www.mediafire.com/file/8dddepwn2cfby3r

It's pretty light so it shouldn't require pre-install either.

>> No.32616404
File: 3.05 MB, 1920x1080, mta-screen_2021-01-10_19-38-38.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32616127
Server's up! Ill-luck and network trouble await all ye who enter here.

TO REGISTER: Type a username and password and then hit register. Then login

IF YOU CRASH: Copy the contents of the report and paste them in a /report when you rejoin.

>> No.32617984

Best part of the week!

>> No.32624070

>>32567959
Custom missions when.

>> No.32624139

>>32624070
Soon, hopefully! Still needs a bit of work, mind you, but I think it has promise.

>> No.32624230
File: 213 KB, 710x900, 5d9c91cb8884048e17a0ca62b2cef0e7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How much longer will it be up?

>> No.32624339

>>32624230
never too late to join if thats what you mean!

>> No.32624382

>>32624230
Generally it's up for about 8 hours at a time. So probably another 4 hours or so, though we'll likely switch to doing game modes soon.

>> No.32624569

>>32624139
Ah, no rush!

>> No.32624596

>>32624569
Yuyuko just reminded me that there was a mission creator in 5, so I wondered if crazy broken missions would be made.

>> No.32634043

>>32570418
Cute!

>> No.32636761
File: 3.66 MB, 1920x1080, mta-screen_2021-01-23_23-54-01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And that's it. Thanks for coming, hope it was fun!

>> No.32636795
File: 1.05 MB, 1366x768, mta-screen_2021-01-24_11-16-47.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32636761
Thanks for hosting!

>> No.32636890
File: 3.54 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-23_18-23-03.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32637029
File: 1.39 MB, 1366x768, Touhou Private Girls' Academy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thank you for the fun times!

>> No.32637178
File: 221 KB, 1928x1077, 2hu mahjong 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thank you for watching today's movie night! Here are links to most of what we watched today, for those who missed it, and those who want to rewatch, listed in watch order:

2hu Mahjong - Joon & Shion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4GDo0lne6U
2hu Mahjong - Seija & Kogasa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGBD8sVpwfo
2hu Mahjong - Shou - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghtdG488oLM
2hu Mahjong - Nazrin - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88C3I9LIqio
2hu Animated Movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3uOHE3kCws
2hu Zen meditation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZMnIQ2LDqM

I wish I knew about /geturl before so I could have added

>> No.32637249
File: 804 KB, 1366x768, mta-screen_2021-01-24_09-38-18.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32637877
File: 2.04 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-23_19-49-09.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32642482
File: 2.40 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-23_18-45-02.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32645590
File: 693 KB, 1920x1080, mta-screen_2021-01-24_04-42-34.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32637877
Why is my Suika so dark..

>> No.32646252
File: 3.29 MB, 1920x1080, dreamlike days.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here are my best and favorite screenshots throughout the years for the photo album. I still can't believe we've been at it since 2019...

It's a bit over the limit since I included group photos that I assume pretty much everyone has. It was a trip through memory lane sorting through these!

https://files.catbox.moe/3inq75.zip

Thank you all again for the great fun and timeless memories! I look forward to another year's worth of them!

>> No.32649509
File: 3.49 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2021-01-23_18-32-52.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32645590
Its not common, but it happens sometimes if you look at a ped at certain angles when they are in a awkward spot. It's just general GTA SA visual jank. Also some peds have visual glitches that are intermittent, like the big headed cirno and koishi. It's very odd. I think its because they might have faces/vertices that are superimposed and are not aligned perfectly or have more than 2 faces/vertices in back-face culled areas where the normal are flipped (or are not flipped correctly), but I haven't actually looked at them thoroughly.

>>32646252
Thanks and likewise. Hopefully I'll get it done sooner in the year rather than later

>> No.32651641

I hope the thread stays alive a few days more. I'll post old images too, when I'll get the chance.

>> No.32658990 [DELETED] 

>> No.32672036

>>32645590
Probably the lighting.

>> No.32678977

Ahh, the weekend is too short.

>> No.32683800
File: 167 KB, 900x545, zzzzzz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32678977
'Tis good that it is so short, that we may look forward to the next with fondness.

>> No.32693301

>>32683800
True.

>> No.32706213

>>32637178
Thanks alot!

>> No.32719739 [DELETED] 

>> No.32728480 [DELETED] 

>> No.32732341
File: 345 KB, 600x680, 1610158193535.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I didn't get a chance to play with you guys this weekend, what kind of gamemodes do you usually run? I've been looking into hosting my own MTA server for /v/ and /vm/, but the default gamemodes that come with it seem rather barebones and custom gamemodes are either scattered about or exclusive to specific servers.

Also, OP, which script are you using for NPC pathfinding? Does it work for the main San Andreas map, or is it all map-specific?

>> No.32732419

Need to remember to join the crew next time.

>> No.32733166
File: 32 KB, 426x462, 1345055168398.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32732341
>I've been looking into hosting my own MTA server for /v/ and /vm/

>> No.32733971

>>32732341
/v/ tourists are not welcome

>> No.32737387
File: 276 KB, 1024x768, 4633.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Great memories..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slhTXmkTvsA

>> No.32739450

>>32732341
Those game modes don't just look barebones - most of them are flat out broken. The same is true for most public scripts as well, sadly. If you want to play something multiplayer my advice would be to simply organize something on a pre-existing server. I say this because unless you have a specific goal in mind, odds are you'd just be reinventing the wheel or wasting your time trying to catch up to bigwig servers that have actual dev teams and only continue to improve with time. There's some very fun, novel ones that have been in development for years - carball, WW2, a lot of those RP ones have some pretty well-done features too. Not to be a naysayer, mind you, but it's a big commitment to make. You noticed it yourself; servers keep any half-decent stuff to themselves, and the stuff that's public is well, not very good. So as far as new content goes you're on your own. This server's been in development for two years, and there's still a lot of janky stuff and things that need adding. In short, unless you have a specific goal in mind, that'd be what I suggest to you. The server's NPC system is a custom one, although it's a work in progress. The paths are all hand-placed and handled via tables, but it covers the entirety of SA and only Chireiden at the moment in Gensokyo.

I'll also echo the sentiment of the other anons. It's still on /jp/, so don't act like an idiot from /v/ or something. Basically act how you would on /jp/, if you're unsure just lurk the chat a bit. Everyone's generally well-behaved, but mind that bans are permanent.

>> No.32740983 [DELETED] 

>> No.32743295

>>32732341
Find something more stable.
You have a lot of work cut out for you.

>> No.32754648 [DELETED] 

Gte

>> No.32759819

>> No.32764626
File: 188 KB, 1024x1024, c9c49a2c979fee1c5889fa7831c8de32.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32765206

>>32732341
>>32739450
Minor addendum since I thought about it afterwards, but if you really want to do something unique, and host it yourself, you could try hosting something with GTA III or Vice City. They're old of course, but it might be a novel experience. For an even further throwback to when IRC was a big thing it actually uses mIRC for scripting which could be fun to learn in and of itself if you're into that kind of thing.

>> No.32775774
File: 715 KB, 1280x1579, fd64a90ee2abbccd937903914ae9e033.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32775879

>>32775774
can you honk with the bicycles in this server?

>> No.32776108

>>32775879
Unfortunately not, you just ring.

>> No.32776162

>>32776108
that's a shame

>> No.32784694

>>32424903
>GTA is best for is of course racing
True.
Sad but true. 5 devolved into nothing but cars every update.

>> No.32786254

>>32784694
Was actually referring to San Andreas only. No one cares about 5. I can't even run that.

>> No.32787135

>>32786254
how? my pc can run 5 just fine but struggles with MTA at some cases, most notably servers with HQ car models.

>> No.32787374

>>32787135
you answered your own question

>> No.32795209 [DELETED] 

>> No.32799781

>>32787135
Anything resource heavy requires more on the back end to be stable, or at least support it feasibly.

>> No.32804253
File: 813 KB, 2289x1527, ec6b8a60b4fd698d88184f2286001223.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This one is a little different, but it's under the tag.

>> No.32808882
File: 665 KB, 800x900, uh .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32813893

>>32808882
This actually being a thing or it's just a random pic

>> No.32825013

>>32813893
No, I don't think so.
I don't keep up with 5, so I'm not sure how many mods there are.
For context, the last time I remotely paid attention to the modded scene in that game was when the silver horse was replaced with a statue of Miku.
It's from 2013, so it's about when the game came out if not before.
I wasn't day one, but I was pretty close to it.

>> No.32840044 [DELETED] 

>> No.32848378
File: 1.31 MB, 1600x1100, 4bad16ca0bb915caa2913feb3fd634b0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32855475
File: 642 KB, 1500x938, 6327dd60d1be2b50d712192c13efa997.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32866672
File: 1.55 MB, 1360x768, mta-screen_2020-03-09_09-53-54.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32871457
File: 3.61 MB, 2560x1440, WC3ScrnShot_012021_192950_01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32876712
File: 154 KB, 480x310, 1587762969074.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32878067

I still can't find that "yeah" MP3

>> No.32879472
File: 2.29 MB, 2560x1440, mta-screen_2020-07-12_21-33-19.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32882095
File: 85 KB, 250x300, 1468551092179.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32876712
Komachi the touhou

>> No.32882237
File: 108 KB, 500x711, 1540076936118.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32882095
lol

>> No.32882977

its weekend my dudes

>> No.32885347

2HUS WON! We should celebrate this.

>> No.32888852

>>32737387
So much was added since then

>> No.32892178

>>32882237
I didn't even realize what those were until recently. I think I saved one or two a while back.

>> No.32896989
File: 1.81 MB, 2560x1440, 1596444300497.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.32898213

>>32038912
I'm cosmically dumb how do I play these maps in regular singleplayer if at all.

>> No.32898399

>>32898213
You can't! It's multiplayer only!

>> No.32898559

>>32898213
dont play with yourself

>> No.32898788

>>32898213
As the other anon said, those scripts - even the maps, are made in lua, so they're incompatible with regular SA I'm afraid. I'm sure most could be recreated in CLEO if you're knowledgeable in that however.

>> No.32898808

Are we gonna play on Saturday?

>> No.32899056
File: 1.68 MB, 4000x2576, 67144274_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32898808
Sorry to dissapoint anon, but not this weekend I'm afraid. Circumstances have left me a bit predisposed and unable to host at the moment. We'll be back soon! I've mentioned it before but it's fine to let the threads archive too, they were always intended to be transient so no need to worry about keeping them alive. When it's time to host again a new thread'll always be made, unless I've finally keeled over in-between.

>> No.32899255

>>32899056
That's a shame, I think I'll continue keeping the thread alive so >>32651641 and maybe some others can post their screenshots, though.

>> No.32899289
File: 100 KB, 532x533, 1451347076201.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32899056

>> No.32899501

>>32898399
>>32898788
Fair enough my digitfriends

>> No.32899656

>>32899056
It can't be helped, take it easy anon!

>> No.32903540

>>32899056
Have a nice break, I'll keep working on optimizing the server's assets so we can have custom vehicles again without pesky memory leaks.

>> No.32911542

>>32899056
Alright. See you then.
Take it easy.

>> No.32911577

fuck...

>> No.32915627

yes

>> No.32915627,2 [INTERNAL] 

The mods we are using for the doom server are as follows
https://a.pomf.cat/yutywp.zip
please extract these to your wads folder
also a fellow anon made a good skin pack for us to use, drop this one in your wads folder, then use player options to pick a skin
https://a.pomf.cat/xnyenj.zip

>> No.32915627,3 [INTERNAL] 

>>32915627,2
"This file contains a virus or malware" for both of them. Maybe pomf was flagged again?

>> No.32915627,4 [INTERNAL] 

>>32915627,3
you should still be able to download them, but here's a mirror for anyone having trouble
skins: https://files.catbox.moe/pwh2ku.zip
maps: https://files.catbox.moe/4b8x37.zip

>> No.32915627,5 [INTERNAL] 

the doom server is up

>> No.32915627,6 [INTERNAL] 

im quite missing these runs. Is there going to be a run sooner or later?

>> No.32915627,8 [INTERNAL] 

>>32915627,6
My bones are telling me it'll be this week, for sure. F-for sure...

>> No.32915627,9 [INTERNAL] 

If we don't get a run for the anniversary, I'll be a very sad anon.

>> No.32915627,12 [INTERNAL] 

>>32915627,9
guess we'll find out soon

>> No.32915627,13 [INTERNAL] 

If you have trouble trying to restart these runs, please listen. I don't want to make a huge fuss so it'll be easier to start these runs again, so please ignore if it might cause some, I don't want replies.
I've seen it all too much, things like this end in a fizzle and not a bang. You shouldn't have many worries. I've seen it posted that the reason these runs are not as common is because of the influx of newer people. I do doubt that. The charm of these runs might be disappearing for us who play non-stop but for some people, especially new people it doesn't. The reason why most people play is because of others and the charm of it. You dont have to one-up every run because the game is the icing on the cake, the people make it. When someone new joins, it adds to it. They might be annoying, but (hopefully) they will mould into the game like they have before.
I think its because the game is losing is lustre, and if you play it too often and too commonly, it will degrade and make it less special. I get that sentimentality but its all in the head. A lot of people care, and even if you might think its not worth it, more than 2 people think otherwise and many more who havent discovered what these runs are about. It is selfish to think like that and some restraint/pulling in the reigns is necessary.
If you want to stop the runs, please just let us know and dont leave us hanging. Dont upload the game files as I personally wouldn't have it either way and wont accept another host. The game doesnt have to span 6+ hours all the time, the game doesnt have to have a set routine or new game modes nor be on every single week or fortnight. Because in the end we all come for the people and the game enables us to do that. Of course if the game has added content etc it would be more fun and enjoyable, but anything is better than nothing.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action