[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 1.90 MB, 2090x2909, coolgendo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3090123 No.3090123 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /jp/, I've never been here before, but I heard of this Saya no Uta game from /x/, and wanted to know what it's like/if it's good. What did you guys think of it?

Pic unrelated.

>> No.3090131

Play it and decide for yourself.

>> No.3090132

It's one of my favorite VNs, personally, and it's well received in general in /jp/. It's only a few hours long anyway, why do you need our shitty opinions about it?

In before shit, not worth the money, sucks to infinity, etc.

>> No.3090134
File: 339 KB, 1280x1024, Saya-no-Uta.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3090123
'Sup /jp/, I just finished Saya No Uta (all 3 endings), enjoyed it very much and was wondering if you guys could recommend me any visual novels similar to it. When I say similar, I mean I prefer that they have a darker and more mature storyline and be fairly short in terms of length. I had played two other visual novels before SnU but this was the first one I finished because it was short and kept me engrossed the entire way. There were never any boring parts.

>> No.3090130

I'm the guy who always talks about Saya no Uta on /x/ and yes, it's good.

>> No.3090136

Just try it and decide for yourself. It's relatively short, but most people seem to like it. Music is fairly good.

>> No.3090142

>>3090136
>Music is god tier

>> No.3090143

Okay. Thanks /jp/.

>> No.3090156 [DELETED] 

>>3090134
Lurk more and/or check http://vndb.org..

>> No.3090165

So I just finished Saya no Uta; are all Nitro+ titles so devoid of choices? It was an extremely entertaining game and I'm not bashing it, just wondering.

>> No.3090167

>>3090156
>replying to copypasta
>telling someone else to lurk more

>> No.3090171

The other day I actually finished Saya no Uta, you know that three-way scene with Yoh as the slave? Yeah, well I literally COULDN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD.

That night in my room I got off thinking about it four times in a row, it actually became really annoying because it was getting late and I just wanted to sleep, but every time I laid back and tried to not think about it again it popped into my head and I just knew I was going to have to get off again.

>> No.3090174

>>3090165
This is strange copypasta

>> No.3090176

Now I haven't played many VNs, but recently I've started playing them actively. I just finished Saya no Uta; Shit was SO flesh. Definitely one of the best I've played so far; the others are YMK, FSN, and Planetarian.

I've got Kana Little Sister, Ever-17 as well as True Remembrance left on my hard disk. Which should I start next? Also, what other stuff has been translated that is noteworthy of picking up?

>> No.3090184

so /jp/ I just finished Saya no Uta, can you recomend me more visual novels that follows the same line as this?

>> No.3090182

I don't feel like making another thread. I just finished Saya no Uta. Oh my god. I knew that Saya was a monster. Hell, they tell you that halfway through the game.

Big spoiler ahead as I get this off my chest. Don't read it if you haven't played the VN and/or have the desire to play the game in the future.

I began the game with feelings love and sympathy for the two. Then the first girl died. Ohme, I think her name was. That was a hit to my conscious, but it didn't make me think any less of the protagonist. It made me realize that Saya was a monster. But I still liked her. She was cute and lovable. I still liked her.

Then Yoh. My penis was slightly aroused by the mind breaking sex slavery that occurred, but my mind and spirit were vomiting. The main protagonist was evil, and so was Saya. I knew that. But they were just struggling to survive. They didn't think they were evil. Plus, they were the protagonists, so I had to be on their side. And so I stayed on their side. Giving them my best wishes for their future, despite the ugliness I saw them as in my heart.

>> No.3090185

Finished Saya no Uta. And it was really, really average.

95% of the cast was completely unlike-able, the exceptions being Saya herself and Fuminori. The plot wasn't all that good, though it did have it's moments. The resolution was either extremely stupid or doesn't resolve much at all, depending on which you take.

That said, I didn't hate it. It was interesting enough to keep me reading, but it never wowed me or made me experience any emotion at all, for that matter. The sad moments never effected me, and the 'intense' moments made me go ''meh''. Everything is pretty much forgettable.

Can somebody explain me why people hyped it so much? Because there's absolutely nothing special about it.

>> No.3090188

Copypasta flood is just as bad as wiki flood.

>> No.3090189

Finished Saya no Uta. And it was really, really average.

95% of the cast was completely unlike-able, the exceptions being Saya herself and Kouji. The plot wasn't all that good, though it did have it's moments. The resolution was either extremely stupid or doesn't resolve much at all, depending on which you take.

That said, I didn't hate it. It was interesting enough to keep me reading, but it never wowed me or made me experience any emotion at all, for that matter. The sad moments never effected me, and the 'intense' moments made me go ''meh''. Everything is pretty much forgettable.

Can somebody explain me why people hyped it so much? Because there's absolutely nothing special about it.

>> No.3090190

So, I just finished Saya no Uta. I loved it on several levels; the Lovecraft Horror nut in me loved the otherworldly feel of the atmosphere, the moefag in me loved Saya's innocent charm, the moralfag in me raged at 2/3 of the endings, the romancefag in me bawwed at the tragedy of the entire story, and the list goes on.

Thoughts on this small, shiny gem?

>> No.3090197

So I finished Saya no Uta, that was the most digusting thing I ever saw.

Are there any more VNs like this?

>> No.3090207

Ok anons, I just finished Saya no Uta and I almost cried manly tears, not because the end was BAWWWWWWWWW, but because its so GOOD that I feel WARM and TOUCHED.
Saya infested this ugly world with her seeds of love and transformed human beings into a more superior species capable of understanding and love. Saya is almost too merciful if you realize that humans are no more than prey to her. That Male lead is hell of a lucky guy.
This game is almost as curing as ARIA. lol

>> No.3090216

http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.pl/jp?task=search&ghost=&search_text=%22finished+saya+
no+uta%22

You can stop the copypasta now.

/thread

>> No.3090218

So i finished Saya no uta, i thought it was fantastic. I never did quite catch why Fuminori got that strange condition in the first place. Was it just a side effect from getting surgery after the car crash or was it implemented in him during surgery?

If it was just a side-effect how was it linked with Saya. He just happens to get an illness where he sees everything as flesh and monsters but luckily there is an entity crawling around who will appear normal to him? seems a bit far fetched.

>> No.3090219

This thread...

Wow

>> No.3090221

>>3090197
Bible Black.
Critical Point.
Dividead.

>> No.3090227

Best part to me was reading the diary on saya, I have no explanation. I just enjoyed hearing about The founding of an alien and the charting of its growth .

>> No.3090230

sup /jp/,

i just finished saya no uta and have to admit that i'm kinda disappointed. all 3 endings seemed kinda short(well the first one was kinda "BAD END" thing so i dont mind it) overall not completely wrapped up. the final ending (kouji and doc vs. fuminori and saya battlan) even missed the fuminori PoV and he/even the player never really see what saya really is.

overall rating: 6/10.

>> No.3090241
File: 32 KB, 385x476, 1246741371001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Gendo is super cool!

>> No.3090245

>>3090227
I like how he became so fatherly.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action