[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 64 KB, 599x600, 1234196268310.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3007770 No.3007770 [Reply] [Original]

Why does America hate Japanese/Asian entertainers?

Off the top of my head I cant name any popular Asian bands in America and only a few popular actors(who are always stereotyped as Martial Arts fighters and not taken seriously). When they adapt anime into movies(Like DragonBall) or something avatar(which is obviously supposed to be an Asian setting and characters), they choose to make the characters European.

Is America just racist? Can they not handle seeing an Asian face in the spotlight? I mean if you go to Japan and Korea, you'll see that plenty of Westerners who are popular.

>> No.3007771

Asians with talent stay in Asia. Worthless asians come to America.

>> No.3007772

It's not just America. English speaking countries are generally like that.

>> No.3007775
File: 259 KB, 498x273, 7_17_girugamesh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Off the top of my head I cant name any popular Asian bands in America

>> No.3007783 [DELETED] 

Asians are one of the most discriminated group of people in America. It's true over 100 years ago and it's true today.

>> No.3007792

Diren Gray
Gackt
Arc en Ciel
Rentrer soil

are pretty famous, actually Visual Kei in general is pretty popular in the states

>> No.3007794

Since when have Asians not been discriminated against? There's a reason why they're still a small minority, even though they've (tried to) immigrate to America since the 19th century.

>> No.3007795

Just because Asian entertainers usually don't get the spotlight mean they're hated.

Consider the total number of Asians living in America, and I think they are relatively represented in media already. Though it is true that they are usually expected to fill stereotypical roles which are reserved for side characters.

>> No.3007796

>>3007792
Didn't Dir en Grey tour with Korn or something like that

>> No.3007809

America has plenty of talented musicians and doesn't need to import them from other countries.

/thread

Also, this is a copy pasta, btw, I've seen it tons of times.

>> No.3007813

America is a superpower. English is currently the world lingua franca. It's population is about three times the size of Japan, and even higher if you include the English speaking western world in general.

There's a reason even the nips refer to their country as a "Tiny Island Nation" even in their own works.

India's recently started their own film industry, and you see some of that shit over here. You don't see that in Japan though, do you? Must be because the nips are racist.

>> No.3007829

>>3007792
Only among weeaboos.

>> No.3007853

>>3007792
I have to agree with >>3007829. Normal people don't know about visual kei. Lucky them.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action