[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 55 KB, 900x500, Life.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2718016 No.2718016 [Reply] [Original]

Is Japan worth visiting? Is it full of freaks that try to live life as an anime series. What parts of good to visit? I like video games, sightseeing, trying out the food and such.
Is it true that Japanese people hate the hell out of foriegners?

>> No.2718040

Grow up.

>> No.2718074

>>2718040
that doesn't help, i have $8k saved and want to take a 5 day vacation somewhere outside the USA since I been everywhere worth visiting in this country.
Been to Mexico a few times, and every time I been there it sucked ass.

>> No.2718104

>>2718074
/trv/

>> No.2718114

>>2718016
Japan is like any other country. It has advanced technology -which translates to you as cool shoppings to visit and fast public transport- and nice places to visit. I guess if you like their culture it isn't so bad, but it has a big problem: the language barrier. Even if you visit touristic places only (which you'll do) it'd be better if you learn to say a thing or two in Japanese.
Finally, yes, they may hate outsiders, but they love their money. So, if you stick to popular, touristic, spots, you'll never feel any animosity towards you.

>> No.2718141

>>2718074

For a five day trip I would stick to one city and maybe the surrounding area. I'm hoping you're not including transit time in those 5 days.

Besides fucking Google it, I'd try wikitravel.org for travel information.

>> No.2718167

>>2718074

For $8,000 you should be able to kick around either Eastern Europe or India for a month, including airfare. Plenty of shit to see either way. Or try a trip with someone like reiadventures.com if you're in good shape.

>> No.2718172

>>2718114
Thats a fucking lie. People will stare at you as if you jump out of a spaceship, you will have to get your fingerprints scanned at the airport, because after all, you ARE a foreigner! When you go to get your bags there will be a guy with a sniffer dog who walk by you as many times as possible to let the dog sniff you, because after all, since you are a foreigner, you are probably trying to bring in drugs to Japan. The polcie will dander up to you acting all polite and shit and then they will ask to see your passport, which you MUST carry at ALL times of face being thrown in prison. And if you ever get arrested, you are in for one hell of a fucking time. You don't get all those lovely little fucking rights that you get in the US.

>> No.2718187

>>2718172
>The polcie will dander up to you acting all polite and shit and then they will ask to see your passport, which you MUST carry at ALL times of face being thrown in prison.

Considering that you're a foreign national while in the country, you do have to carry proper identification of legal entry a.k.a. the entry visa in your passport.

>> No.2718188

brotip: don't bother talking about the actual country of japan in /jp/, just stick to toho or however its spelled

>> No.2718190

You are a Japanese apologist.

>> No.2718221

Go to Roppongi and spend all your money there.
Trust me, I'm a Japanese expert.

>> No.2718222

>>2718172

>because after all, since you are a foreigner, you are probably trying to bring in drugs to Japan

all cool foreigners do this you know

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action