[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 41 KB, 400x336, 1242915372458.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2654631 No.2654631 [Reply] [Original]

I'm trying to remember the name of a certain VN. It's pretty old, probably Win 95 or 98. It's slightly horror or at least mystery/thriller themed, though I don't think there's any guro. It was set in some hotel somewhere, quite a large one and I seem to remember the lobby area being quite orange. You MAY play as a detective, off duty, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

>> No.2654642

Nocturnal Illusion? Haven't played it myself but it sounds like it.

>> No.2654668

>>2654642
No, though I did feel like I was going to give that impression from my description. Nocturnal Illusion is in a rich woman's mansion. This was much more modern in its setting. It may have been a hotel in the mountains, like some sort of ski resort.

I also remember it have one of those fake loli characters. She may have been blind but I can remember 100%.

>> No.2654672

Where In The World is Carmen Sandiego

>> No.2654674

go back to /b/

>> No.2654682

>>2654674
What?

>> No.2654702

Sounded like Divi Dead up to a point.

>> No.2654706

>>2654702

I thought Divi Dead takes place in a school...

>> No.2654719

Is it the one where shaving genitalia featured somewhat?

>> No.2654728

Chains?

Kind of sounds like that.

>> No.2654732

>>2654719
I don't remember that.

I remember something like a man who may be a detective goes for a holiday in some hotel. Someone dies or something else weird happens and all the guests are trapped in the hotel for the night (or for several nights). You often speak to people in the lobby though you can also go to their rooms. I think at time the main character spies on people through the keyholes but not in a voyeuristic way, in a detective way (though it's obviously appealing to the player's voyeurism).

The hotel looked pretty retro, like 80s or early 90s.

>> No.2654743

>>2654706
Yeah it does, I just meant the horror/thriller/mystery theme.

>> No.2654920

>>2654728
It's not that but I'm downloading it anyway - it sounds quite good.

>> No.2656155

>>2654732
Eve Burst Error? Or the half-baked sequal, Adam: The Double Factor?

>> No.2656175

Sorry, but I don't know the name, nor have I ever played it. Although, the more that you describe it, the more that I want to play it.

>> No.2656206

>>2656175
The hotel thing reminded me of the mansion for Adam, and I think the fake loli characters reminded me of the President's daughter, or something. Here's a description I've found for the game:

Sequel to EVE: burst error. C's Ware adventure/mystery game. The sequel takes place 2 years after the events of EVE, Kojiroh is still struggling to make a living as a private eye, with the help of her assistant now turned girlfriend Kyoko, while Marina has been re-instated to the JSDA's cabinet of investigation. Through the game you'll be switching back and forth between both character's scenarios which involve being a bodyguard for the president (Kojiroh) and investigating a series of weird murders (Marina). As usual, both stories will intersect, twist and bend in every direction possible and dragging them deeper into a web of conspiracy.

>The game uses the Lucid Motion2 engine for >cleaner animation and introduces a new >interface which allows for interaction with >onscreen objects and persons without the need >for the text menu of the original. Also notable is >the fact that while ADAM keeps the detective/>mystery story as the main selling point it also >adds sequences of explicit adult content >instead of the "innuendo" that was used in the >original. Definitely not for people under 17!

If you haven't played EVE though, definitely go for it. It was definitely one of the better games of the early days. Adam was somewhat more disappointing cause the story ends on a cliffhanger/downer ending cause they never brought over the complete version or some shit like thath

>> No.2656216

>>2656206
>her assistant now turned girlfriend Kyoko

yuri content?

>> No.2656260

>>2656216
That's a typo I guess (though you also play as a slut half of the time). Not too sure about yuri as I never could force myself to finish the game - the gameplay itself was was point-and-click adventure-type tedious, and the translation was god awful. I do remember from the HCGs that were was twincest/threesome scene with the fake loli twins or something like that.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action