[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 21 KB, 200x189, Isn't_it_sad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2640141 No.2640141 [Reply] [Original]

So I finally got around to playing Tsukihime, and I'm irritated. Pic related, of course, but more importantly of the four endings I got yesterday, none were satisfying.

First you got Arcueid. Her good end would have been fine, except that you have to get her "true end" first, and then play again to get the good end. And the difference between "Well, thanks for showing me what happiness is, now I'm leaving to sleep forever," and "I love you, let's be together forever!" is nothing. Absolutely nothing happens differently, which makes her decision to leave forever in the true end seem entirely arbitrary.

Akiha's normal end sucks of course, but the irritating thing is that you have no option to realize that your experiences indicate you're in a world stuffed to the gills with supernatural phenomena, given that you keep randomly running into mages and vampires and exorcists and shit, so there's almost certainly a cure out there somewhere and you should probably get off your ass and start looking.

But of the four, Akiha's true end is probably the most rage-inducing. Ok, Shiki-prime stole Nanaya Shiki's life energy, so Akiha gave him half of hers, which is why she's been running on empty. You give yourself the chop to return Akiha's energy to her, which works, and you survive because Shiki-prime just got wasted, freeing up your mojo. And then you're gone when Akiha wakes up. Where the fuck are you, Poland? Get a goddamn plane ticket, christ.

>> No.2640147

Kagetsu Tohya

>> No.2640149

sage for tako drum master

>> No.2640157
File: 19 KB, 384x384, Currysippingshit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ciel time?

>> No.2640158

>Absolutely nothing happens differently, which makes her decision to leave forever in the true end seem entirely arbitrary.
The fuck. How do you interpret that being the first ending you are forced to do as being somehow less canonical than the other (contrived as shit) ending?

>> No.2640164

>>2640141
Let's assume it's not a troll.

The difference in Arc's end is 'metagame' variety.
Depending on what you chose, Arc is more seriously injured/spent.

As for Akiha normal, Shiki would not know where to start, and you can assume he maybe looked for Ciel, but she is prolly gone. In te short run, things do not look good.

As for Akiha true, Akiha always gives away 50%.
Nanaya now has 50%, but Akiha is still giving 50 and has gone demon mode. Thus, guess how you lessen her burden and restore her post-haste?

>> No.2640165

Isn't it das, Sacchin?

>> No.2640166

Play Kagetsu Toya.

gonna spoil it for you but it's still worth playing.

Shiki passes out after he severs the connection between his life force and Akiha's; it is implied that Ciel found him in his comatose state and nursed him back to health, and he sends a letter to Akiha upon his revival

>> No.2640181

>>2640166
I don't remember reading this anywhere in Kagetsu Tohya

>> No.2640185

>>2640181
One of the sidestories, possible akiha follow-up.

>> No.2640194

>>2640181

The last scene, you blind retard.

>> No.2640201
File: 13 KB, 385x500, Sion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>given that you keep randomly running into mages and vampires and exorcists and shit, so there's almost certainly a cure out there somewhere and you should probably get off your ass and start looking.

Which explains why one of the world's greatest alchemists looking for a cure for a similar condition is unable to do shit, right?

>> No.2640202

ciel's route was my favorite route for near, I also preferred the maids over akiha.

>> No.2640206

>>2640164

>>Shiki would not know where to start

The mansion library? His extended family of superfreaks? A letter to the Vatican? He's got plenty of options.

>> No.2640204

>>2640181
Ten nights of dream, A story for the evening.

>> No.2640213

>>2640202

Nice to see I'm not the only one who thought this.

>> No.2640215

>>2640206
The mansion library as proven throughout the routes ain't that helpful, and his family's best solution included raping preteen girls.
And sending a letter 'Hey, somebody on Vatican, my sister is becoming a Mindless Demon' is not that tactful.

>> No.2640218

>>2640206

>mansion library

If anything the library could have helped, Makihisa would have known of it and found it himself.

>extended family of superfreaks

Most of the Tohno extended family is dead. Outside of Melty Blood's events, which were special in their own way, the Arima household is pretty normal.

>letter to the Vatican

"Dear Pope Benedicks,

Please heal my demon-blooded, semi-vampiric sister."

If they did anything, they'd send someone over to exterminate Akiha.

>> No.2640220

>>2640206
the vatican would eliminate his existence.

Also shiki does get off his ass and look for a cure for .... arc. The canon sidestory has him looking for the fruits of einnash so she can hold back her bloodlust for a few hundred years.

He probably would have got Blue to fix her retarded ass later on or like that one doujin where the tiny bit of satsuki left in you revives her but akiha normal wasn't worth a follow up.

>> No.2640234

>>2640220
Arc can just sleep in her castle, Akiha has to keep getting blood.
Guess which one is easier to leave behind during expeditions.
And don't use canon for follow-up sidestories in a fandisc, it confuses people.

>> No.2640244

I took down Akiha like a true bro. Twice.

>> No.2640267

>>2640234
>Guess which one is easier to leave behind during expeditions.

The one with two maids to look after her?

But anyway, Akiha Normal is kind of a "you fucked up" ending in any case. What's more facepalm inducing is that according to

>>2640166

in the True End, a couple days after the dramatic, staring off into the sky, clutching his knife, "I know we'll meet again... someday" end, Akiha gets a letter.

"Dear Akiha,
I'm in an apartment downtown, about twenty minutes away on foot. Was dragged here by battle-nun; not sure why she didn't contact you. I guess she's kind of a bitch. Say hi to the maids for me. Oh, and could you get Arihiko to bring me my homework? Thanks."

>> No.2640278

>>2640267
One, it's not a 100% happens ending.
It's a fandisc follow-up.
Two, it has been months since then.
Three, when she reads the letter, he is already back at the mansion.

>> No.2640313
File: 25 KB, 250x250, WUT.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2640278

...none of that actually makes it any less irritating.

It's not canon? So the canon ending is still that he's just randomly missing?

Ciel had Shiki for MONTHS and didn't contact Akiha?

And

>when she reads the letter, he is already back at the mansion.

Aargh.

>> No.2640326

>>2640313
Perhaps she'd like to make sure he will survive and get well?
Or held a grudge?
Though, it would be funny if she sent a letter 'Hey, I took your brother's body, tried to revive him, failed, and now use him as a pillow'.

As for canon, you should have realized by now that everything 'ends' with the end of each route.
The only 'canon' materials are the ones that can be a follow-up to EVERY route somehow, or if he makes a new story that follows a route (not just a scene).

>> No.2640337

>>2640326

"Akiha,
I have stolen your brother. Consider this revenge for being rude to me at lunch. You can have him back when you accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior."

>> No.2640340

>>2640337
See, now this is bot awesome and rageworthy.

>> No.2640384

>>2640340

I can see her doing it, too. Ciel's probably the most practical character. "Off to fight someone who's probly gonna kill you? Cool, I'll use your gory death as the diversion I need to take him down. Nice knowing you."

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action