[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 148 KB, 370x518, 96283a04c6a75ce09de17870bd5c49ad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2587620 No.2587620 [Reply] [Original]

While I'd like to keep up with Umineko, unfortunately I've been unable to for a very long time. In fact, it won't be for a long time that I'll even be able to start reading any of it again, so...quick question.

If somebody could at least tell me, back when the game was first released, we were given the belief that Higurashi didn't exist. Or at least, not the realistic sense. It was a game made by Lambdadelta and Bernkastel. Has this held up with the later games as well? And if not, why? I know it's strange to ask, but it's actually one of the few things I can't get a solid answer on. Anything I find concerning this issue is dated from months ago when it was first brought up, so I don't know if new details have changed any of that. I guess it puzzles me because I've heard things that seem to suggest Rika made some sort of deal with Lambdadelta? I dunno, would someone care to fill me in? It'd be nice to know instead of being in the dark about everything until I'm allowed to catch up.

>> No.2587837

The impression I get is that Higurashi did happen, and because Rika won, "the powers that be" or some shit like that made her an all-powerful witch, and now those events are trivial to her because of her new status.

>> No.2588462
File: 152 KB, 478x354, 675765654.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I haven't played or seen Higurashi, but from what I gather, Higurashi was a game between the most powerful witch in existence, Lambdadelta, and Rika.
Rika eventually won from Lambdadelta and thus became the most powerful witch in existence.
Because Lambdadelta is still being a bitch about losing to Rika (now Bernkastel), and makes Beato play an endless game (Umineko) against Bernkastel to make her keep losing for eternity
However, those events are never named 'Higurashi' in Umineko, although it seems that in the Umineko world there is a novel called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and in the Umineko meta-world there's a game called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. But that's about as serious as Jessica singing Tsurupettan.

>> No.2588465
File: 6 KB, 200x200, 1225165932293.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2588462
Fascinating.

>> No.2588479

going blind?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action