[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 202 KB, 850x601, 1234912592422.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2524275 No.2524275 [Reply] [Original]

Need some advice from Danmaku experts. I've 1cc'd EoSD and now I'm trying to capture every spellcard with reasonable consistency. However, Scarlet Shoot and Scarlet Netherworld evade me - do any of you have tips or replays which I could examine?

Pic unrelated.

>> No.2524279

> Scarlet Shoot
> reasonable consistency
nyoro~n

>> No.2524287

>>2524279
It's only Scarlet Shoot and not Scarlet Meister, so it should be possible, right?

>> No.2524293

I'm not expert on those two, but I have capture them more than one.

For Scarlet Shoot, have in mind to never stay in the center of the screen (not even when the spell card starts). When it activate move to one of the sides, when Remi shoots the first wave just evade going to the other side, this until she stops by then you must be on the other side. Process to repeat moving to the other side, but now evade the bullets that still wandering around form the first wave.

You will need some time, don't get all worried about when the next wave is coming they are slower than what you think.

For Netherworld, stay away from the pair of bullet that she throws at start. When the crossed bullets get near you stay in a place you know you won't get hit. If the next wave is coming you will need some skill there to avoid it. Be praying.

>> No.2524297

>>2524287
You'll have to go there eventually.

>> No.2524302

>>2524297
I've beaten the game on hard, but I'm nowhere close to being able to 1ccing it.

>> No.2524306

>>2524293
This Anon knows what he's talking about, heed his advice.

>> No.2524317

>>2524306
But he's just saying to dodge the bullets.

>> No.2524324

>>2524317
He's saying how to dodge the bullets.

Although I don't quite get what he means by "stay away from the pair she throws at start". I'm not OP but could you explain that a little better? Scarlet Netherworld just really annoys me

>> No.2524330

>I've 1cc'd EoSD
Fuck you. I can't do it. I've tried so many times. I can't have a run without dumb mistakes and EoSD doesn't give you enough lives to make dumb mistakes.

>> No.2524334

>>2524324
A number of strings are fired. Stay away from them.

You can now capture the card.

>> No.2524343
File: 7 KB, 161x133, 1240776918273.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2524330
End of Stage 1: 5 lives
End of Stage 2: 5 lives
End of Stage 3: 6 lives
End of Stage 4: 4 lives
End of Stage 5: 1 life

>> No.2524349

>>2524343
How did you get two lives in stage 1?

>> No.2524359

>>2524349
Setting the starting lives to 5. Leaving it at the default 3 is just crazy. That's something for the lunatic players out there.

>> No.2524362

>>2524324
OP here. I'm still working on Scarlet Netherworld, but I just got Scarlet Shoot. It never occurred to me that I should try tackling it like Yuyuko's second spellcard.

Most dangerous thing about Scarlet Netherworld is how intimidating it looks. If you keep your movement to a minimum its much easier. Its just in my case, I need to get my eyes used to following the vertical columns faster so I can readjust.

>>2524330
I started with EoSD, so its still the easiest for me. Though the problem is, though you end up being good with random bullets and fast bullets, you end up sucking hard on patterns coming off of it. StB was (and is) a nightmare for me.

>> No.2524370

>>2524359
>Leaving it at the default 3 is just crazy.
Anon I am disappoint.
NEVER CHANGE DEFAULT SETTINGS ON SHOOTING GAMES

>> No.2524375

>>2524343
That's a conservative estimate. You should have a score of around 18 million by the end of stage 2 and a score of nearly 40 million by the end of stage 3 if you score aggressively, which means you should have 8 by the end of Stage 3.

>> No.2524377

>>2524362
The random factor is exactly why I have so much trouble. I can play a stage a 10 times in practice and get different results each time because sometimes the random is in my favor and sometimes not. Unless you're really really good, I'm convinced that 1cc EoSD requires a great deal of luck. There are times where the game just screws you over by having bullets randomly trapping you or having the boss stay away from your shots.

>> No.2524397

>>2524377
Part of the perceived luck factor is probably just the rank. Granted, it's still more luck-based than the later ones, but I still don't think it's a huge factor, since over the course of a game you're very unlikely to get more than one or two parts that become considerably harder than they should be, and that's usually counterbalanced by getting lucky on something you wouldn't normally capture.

>> No.2524407

>>2524375
It's not an estimate. It's how most my runs play out. 18 million by the end of stage 2? How. At best, I have 10 million. I never get the extra life at 60 million either. I always end up with around 40 million points on the last stage. But when I do 1cc attempts, I play pessimistically. I rarely take chances because I can't afford making a mistake and losing a life.

>> No.2524411

>>2524407
Always take chances or you will never improve.

>> No.2524416

>>2524397
All of Sakuya's attacks are random bullshit. There's no set pattern. Sometimes her attack will be easy to dodge and sometimes it won't be. Stage 3 has a lot of randomness with enemies flying at random parts of the screen and spraying bullets everywhere.

>> No.2524422

>>2524416
Stage 3? I remember working on that one a bit, and I don't remember any of it being random.

>> No.2524425

>>2524407
Gotta GRAAAZZZE MORE
put yourself in DANGER

>> No.2524434

>>2524407
OP here, post a replay and I can give some tips. I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly familiar with EoSD. I'd give you a replay of my first 1cc, but it has my name on it, so unless you know a way to change it, I can't exactly upload it.

>> No.2524435

>>2524407
If you capture all of Rumia and Cirno's spellcards, end demarcation when the blue waves are out, and bomb at the beginning of stage 2, it's pretty easy to have 18 million by the end of stage 2. Then just grazewhore a couple select spots in stage 3 and POC the items, and 40 million isn't hard at all. Stage 4 is when scoring actually becomes hard, and that's when the shit gets hard enough that scoring in a survival run becomes stupid anyway. If you can't reliably do almost everything in stages 1-3, you shouldn't be trying to 1cc anyway.

>> No.2524438

>>2524422
The final stretch of the stage is full of enemies that spawn at a random location of the screen. So it's impossible to know where they will spawn from and shoot them before they fill the screen with bullets.

>> No.2524440

>>2524434
Open it in Notepad and check the bottom.

>> No.2524457

>>2524416
All of Sakuya's attacks are random bullshit. There's no set pattern. Sometimes her attack will be easy to dodge and sometimes it won't be.

Misdirection is aimed, so if you don't move except at the very end, it's supremely easy to capture. Her first card is a couple random bullets of no significance and a pattern of knives which twists in a wide helix. Her second card is simple if you watch for the gaps in the movement of the knives (usually away from the center). Her third card requires that you be good at dodging and is the only semi-random card.

>Stage 3 has a lot of randomness with enemies flying at random parts of the screen and spraying bullets everywhere.

Most of the bullets in stage 3 are aimed at you, which means that if you move in a measured and careful way, they can all be dodged with little effort. The only really random attack in the stage is Extreme Color Typhoon, which becomes easy to capture with practice.

>> No.2524453

>>2524434
I don't get how it having your name would prevent you from uploading it. Unless you're paranoid about people knowing your real name.

>> No.2524464

>>2524457
My mistake. I was thinking of stage 4 not 3.

Stage 3 is easy. Stage 4 is the one full of the bullet spewing enemies.

>> No.2524473

>>2524440
It's just gibberish, unfortunately.

>>2524453
Though it wouldn't help against someone determined, I try to be careful regardless.

>> No.2524481

>>2524464
Yeah, I just ran it through in practise normal mode. Got 20 million. Lost one life to a bug.

>> No.2524485

>>2524464
The only advice I can give you is to practice dodging and when the snowflake things appear on screen, to move carefully because all their bullets are aimed.

>> No.2524491

>>2524464
Stage 4 is almost all memorization too.. The only part I can think of that's random is the one where the books shoot blue streams at you while the fairies spawn lasers, which isn't incredibly hard if you know that you can stream that part and have the concentration to watch the top of the screen for where the lasers spawn and dodge the stream at the same time. Or just get the fuck out of the way when you see the thin blue beam and do a little reflex dodging until the streamed bullets settle down again.

>> No.2524493

>>2524473
> It's just gibberish, unfortunately.
You're right, only the newer games have easily edited replays.

>> No.2524520

>>2524491
>Stage 4 is almost all memorization too.. The only part I can think of that's random is the one where the books shoot blue streams at you while the fairies spawn lasers, which isn't incredibly hard if you know that you can stream that part and have the concentration to watch the top of the screen for where the lasers spawn and dodge the stream at the same time. Or just get the fuck out of the way when you see the thin blue beam and do a little reflex dodging until the streamed bullets settle down again.

About this part. If you start on one of the sides and destroy one of the books before the lasers spawn, it becomes easier to dodge.

>> No.2524524

>>2524457
Mid boss Sakuya's first non card usually takes a life from me. It has a lot of HP so it takes a while to take down and I always mange to get trapped between the large knives and small ones. I can fit between them about half of the time because I often die there.

Misdirection is easy to avoid. The problem is that Sakuya teleports around so much that it's hard to kill her without homing. I have to use a bomb because if you don't kill her then you don't get the extra life she drops.

Boss Sakuya first non card likes to screw me over often by trapping me at the bottom with her spike bullets.

Clock corpse is an interesting one. I actually find the hard mode version a lot easier than the normal one. But this spell seems very random. Even if I'm standing in the same spot, the position her knives come at you is random. The small bullets that appear in front of the knives are what usually gets me. I try to run over to the side to go around the knives and hit the the small bullet.

Her second noncard likes randomly trapping me. Sometimes I can beat this card with ease and sometimes it just screws me over. I've played against so many times.

I suck at Lunar Clock. I really have no idea what to do and I panic because the knives are right in your face when time unfreezes.

Her third noncard is more randomness. She throws the knife sets at random directions and them bouncing off the side only makes it more random in the end.

Marionette isn't that bad. Compared to the last two, I find this a lot easier. It has a lot less HP and you can avoid the first two sets by running around them.

>> No.2524537

>Mid boss Sakuya's first non card usually takes a life from me. It has a lot of HP so it takes a while to take down and I always mange to get trapped between the large knives and small ones. I can fit between them about half of the time because I often die there.

If everything else fails, you could just fly above her and not get hit at all.

>> No.2524542

>>2524473
Knowing only the first name is no big deal. Someone needs to know your full name to do anything.

>> No.2524544

>>2524524
You know her midboss noncard doesn't hit above her, right? Once you get a hang of how close you can get, it's easier to supergraze her than it is to beat that noncard normally, and that tactic carries over to all difficulty levels.
If you don't find Marionette hard, you should be able to do the rest of her cards with practice. Hell, if you don't find Marionette hard, you should already be able to shit all over the rest of her stuff.

>> No.2524545

>>2524537
I've tried that strategy. It's very risky and I die more from it than doing it the normal way. lol

>> No.2524556

>>2524542
He's most likely using his handle for this, and revealing that on 4chan is not a good idea. What if someone you know sees it!?

>> No.2524554

>>2524544
The reason I don't find Marionette hard is because it has little HP compared to everything else. You can take it down before things get too uncomfortable. The other cards have a ton of HP so I can't take it out before it takes me out.

>> No.2524567

>>2524524
Make me a replay, if you could. It doesn't need to be anything fantastic, I'd just like to see your performance.

>> No.2524612

>>2524524
>The problem is that Sakuya teleports around so much that it's hard to kill her without homing.
I used cheats to figure out where to hit her. Stay at either about 1/4th or 3/4th of the horizontal screen to do good damage. Staying directly under her will do shit damage; I'm pretty sure I timed out using Marisa A even with invulnerability when I tried staying directly under her.

>> No.2524629

>>2524554
I just double-checked, and it has the same amount of HP as the rest of her cards. Also, listen to >>2524612 for misdirection. If you sit 1/4 of the screen from the edge, you can hit her when she flies over shooting the red bullets and then on the next wave when she reappears to shoot the blue daggers.

>> No.2524649

>>2524629
Really? It feels like a lot less. I guess it's because it's easier to shoot point blank in the face. Her other cards push you back. You can run around Marionette and shoot her in the face till she throws another then run around and do it again.

>> No.2524686

I actually find Patchouli harder than Sakuya. Am I alone on this?

>> No.2524690

>>2524686
No. And for some reason, her single elemental cards (Sylphae Horn, Rage Trilithon and Metal Fatigue particularly) are harder than most of her dual elemental cards for me.

>> No.2524708

>>2524690
Also, I hate her non-directinal laser. I tend to get to close to the horizontal middle of the acreen, and that shit always hit me when I thought it would have stopped.

>> No.2524717

>>2524686
no

>> No.2524733

>>2524686
I don't have much trouble with her. Her lasers are the most annoying part because they can kill me when I wasn't expecting to die so I didn't bomb. The laser pushing you into a wall of bullet isn't fair.

>> No.2524750

Speaking of this, so does anyone know who is in charge of the touhou section for wiki? Its woefuly lacking in many areas of knowledge and history. I would edit but I suck at formulating good sentences as you can tell for that kind of stuff.

>> No.2524757

>>2524686
The same applies to Aya and Sanae.

>> No.2524782

>Speaking of this, so does anyone know who is in charge of the touhou section for wiki? Its woefuly lacking in many areas of knowledge and history. I would edit but I suck at formulating good sentences as you can tell for that kind of stuff.

It's probably faggots from pooshlmer or other detritus that doesn't even know which button makes your character focus move. Don't bother.

>> No.2524805

>>2524782
true, true.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action