[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 17 KB, 600x345, People.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2512268 No.2512268 [Reply] [Original]

Please tell me this faggot is better in UBW and HF routes. I am almost done with Fate and have have fucking -had- it with him constantly bitching about how Saber isn't suited for fighting and will disappear and bawwwwwwwwwwwwing to hell and back. Jesus.

>> No.2512280

UBW = He kicks his own ass.
HF = EPIC final fight, regardless whether you fight the priest, Saber, or MIND OF STEEL.

>> No.2512281

Only in Fate

inb4 FSN sucks

>> No.2512278

He is.

>> No.2512286

>>2512268
It's funny when people realize why Shirou has that mindset.

>> No.2512288

>>2512268
Saber isn't suited for fighting. She can't be, because he fell in love with her. How can he want someone he loves to fight?

>> No.2512295

HF is indeed better for Shiro as a character. You have to endure shitty pacing and Sakura as the heroine, but once you reach the part where you and Kotomine have to rescue Iyla from her castle everything from now on is PUREST AWESOME REFINED FROM THE SACRED MOUNTAINS OF AWESOME.

UBW is generally better than, it also contains the Harem End. Try not to look up FSN on wikipedia or it'll spoil UBW's big reveal for you.

>> No.2512296

>>2512288
...What?

>> No.2512297

Fate is the shittiest route. It is the suck you must suffer through to make way for the awesomeness that is UBW and HF.

>> No.2512309

>>2512288
Caster didn't have a problem with it.

>> No.2512316

>>2512309
That;s Caster's problem. And Shirou's problem is Shirou's

>> No.2512317

>>2512309

That's because caster knew when to let her hubby take the front row and punch things like he's the inheritor to Hokuto Shin Ken.

>> No.2512324

>>2512317
kenshiro can kill servants.

>> No.2512334

>>2512324

Are you sure? I didn't think Servants had pressure points...

>> No.2512354

>>2512334
If they don't then he'll use his ability to PUNCH TANKS INTO PIECES to defeat them.

His fists are conceptual weapons.

>> No.2512373

I have
Fate/True
UBW/True
HF/True
ends.
Are the other two ends worth going back for?

>> No.2512386

I just got done with the Heaven's Feel route, and I have to say, the whole VN is terrible. The h-scenes were out of place and weren't needed, it just felt like the writer added them in because he was bored fuckless. The same shit is repeated over and over, you just keep holding down the skip button until something interesting comes up. Why does Shinou constantly get wounded? The majority of the dialogue in the game is him moaning in pain and describing how much it hurts. Seriously, what the fuck.

You know what? I'm not even going to bother criticizing it. I don't even want to think about that crap anymore. Fuck.

Fate/Stay Night was my first VN, but I don't want to let it put me off completely yet. Can anyone recommend a decent VN that has an interesting plot, fun characters and isn't full of 'GAHHHHHHHHHHHH---AHHHHHHHHH-GHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA MY ARM FELL OFF. IT HURTS AND I'M BLEEDING! SABER SABER SABER SABER SABER SABER SABER GAHHHHHH AHHHHHHH AHHHHHH AH... AH'?

>> No.2512389

>>2512386
Yes, but consider that GL 15 had over 22000 frames of animation, whereas an important episode in your normal series has around 12000.

I think it still equates to GL's being superior even against a 52 episode animu because even by normal standards it is so infinitely superior.

>> No.2512393

>>2512386
You're doing it wrong. Most people were too busy fapping over the h-scenes to care how badly the story sucked.

>> No.2512395

>>2512389

Just finished FSN and it was fucking awful. The story was nowhere near realistic and didn't make any sense. Not only did it rip off Anne Rice's book, it felt more like a badly written fanfiction based off it.
The poor artwork with skinny, laughable human proportions ruin any possibility of an atmosphere. Someone in the thread recommended this title saying this is the best visual novel ever made. Let me just remind you that the entire ending was a one huge anti-climax. The writing starts off strong and then gets progressively worse near the end. Halfway through you start to loose any intrest in the story.
Most of the characters, excluding Rin, are rather bland and emo with no real motivations for being at a given place and time. The protagonist acts like a tool, this is used by various women several times to their advantage, and is so incompetent that he passes out on any occasion he gets. It's just pathetic.
I imagine that the only real reason why people like this vn is because it was their first experience with that kind of stuff, a door which opened a path to the eroge genre. In that case go play a real eroge like Nocturnal Illusion and don't waste your time on this crap.

>> No.2512401

>>2512395
I cried, fellow anons.
This VN was a masterpiece.
Thanks for the recommendations. Even if this series doesn't end well, I'm already satisfied.

>> No.2512403

Finished FSN. And it was really, really average.

95% of the cast was completely unlike-able, the exceptions being Kotomine himself and Rin. The plot wasn't all that good, though it did have it's moments. The resolution was either extremely stupid or doesn't resolve much at all, depending on which you take.

That said, I didn't hate it. It was interesting enough to keep me reading, but it never wowed me or made me experience any emotion at all, for that matter. The sad moments never effected me, and the 'intense' moments made me go ''meh''. Everything is pretty much forgettable.

Can somebody explain me why people hyped it so much? Because there's absolutely nothing special about it.

>> No.2512408

What makes fettuccine alfredo better than spaghetti is the sause, you can taste the Parmesan , the butter, the chicken, or the cream in the bowl. The seasoning does a better job to add to the noodles
than spaghetti.The flavor interactions are so superior to the flavor interactions of spaghetti that it hurts,and the spherical cow segments and tomato sauce are fucking annoying.Spaghetti taste feels
too forced at times, this leads to weak taste or unexplainable developments.Fettuccine alfredo's taste flows better, it's simple, credible and convey feelings better.
Fettuccine alfredo's taste is also more serious, each resolution have more weight to them 1) the chicken gives the dish an air of dignity,
2) After every single of the noodles are eaten you want ot eat another, 3) cream sauce is fucking delicious, 4) thousands of innocent birds died to make it, 5) eating with fork isn't precisely happy.
In spaghetti, only 2 sensations couldn't be savored: 1) the vulgar taste of stringy pasta, 2) Meatballs in tomato sauce.
Spaghetti never actually shows its resolve when it comes to deal with people who are prepared to judge,and the taste does not have serious and mature Gourmets - aside from Cicéro-.
The only time Spaghetti had to confront one of his counterparts, was in Italy against Pizza. Fettuccine Alfredo, on the other hand,
had to fight Lasagna, Ravioli, Bologna, and Spaghetti all´aglio, olio e peperoncino at some point - there's also the point when he realises all what Macaroni has been doing.
Spaghetti is just too light, childish and aimed at teenagers. That why the dark and cold as ice Fettuccine Alfredo is superior.

>> No.2512409

I love Saber. Before I go to sleep at night, I imagine Shirou stroking that short bonde hair. I imagine her calling out to him: "Nii Nii! Nii Nii!" as he embraces her delicate, tiny body. Oh, Saber-chan.... *sigh*

>> No.2512412
File: 65 KB, 514x480, cielsensei.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What makes Tsukihime better than FSN is the atsmosphere, you can feel the danger , the drama, the mindfuck.The music does a better job to add to the atmosphere than FSN.The characters interactions are so superior to the character interactions of FSN that it hurts,and the slice of life segments and Shirou's Pov are fucking annoying.FSN plot is too forced at times, some times they lead to plot holes,weak plot or unexplainable developments.Tsukihime's plot flows better, it's simple and credible..
Tsukihime's plot is also more mature, each resolution have more weight to them 1) Arc and Shiki didn't end up in good terms in Ciel's True End, 2) After every single of the Far Side of the Moon routes, Arc and Ciel will keep hunting Roa, 3) Akiha ends up as a doll in one ending, 4) Akiha and Kohaku die in another end, 5) Hisui's Good End wasn't precisely happy. In F/sn, only 2 characters couldn't be saved: 1) Ilya in UBW, 2) Saber and Ilya in HF.
Shirou never actually shows his resolve when it comes to deal with people who are prepared to kill,and the story does not have serious and mature Masters - aside from Zoken-and the only time Shirou had to confront one of his friends, was in HF against Black Saber. Shiki, on the other hand, had to fight Arc, Ciel, Akiha, and Satsuki at some point - there's also the point when he realises all what Kohaku has been doing.
FSN is just too light and aimed at teenagers. That why the dark and cold as ice Tsukihime is superior.

>> No.2512415

>>2512409
>I love Saber.
I love Fate _period_.

>> No.2512420

>>2512373

UBW Good end is God End.

>> No.2512424

>>2512408
>>2512412
which one is the original?

>> No.2512431

>>2512409
She is one of the Knights Who Say Ni!?

>> No.2512485

>>2512431
>She is one of the Knights Who Say Ni!?

No, she was the one who knew the difference between an African and a European Laden Swallow.

Because when you're a king, you have to know these things.

>> No.2512499
File: 185 KB, 532x475, girugamesh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2512415
GILGAMESH

>> No.2512686

>>2512485

Specifically, the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action