[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 22 KB, 243x169, what.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2440087 No.2440087 [Reply] [Original]

I took 2 years of Japanese in high school, and want to start it up again when I begin college, but I'm worried about the image it carries. Are people usually more mature about it in college? I'm not a cosplaying, kawaii-gushing faggot like what my classes were filled with, I just honestly enjoy the language.

Are college Japanese courses usually filled with the same shit? I really don't want that image attached to me.

>> No.2440105

No weaboo shit in my class. Though given that my intro class is 6 credits, the big commitment and difficulty probably drives the weaboos away.

>> No.2440106

Literally two people in my classes were the stereotypical anime liking loud obnoxious con going idiot and everyone else hated them. Everyone else was fairly mature.

>> No.2440161

My class had one person who liked to spout that she loved anime, but that's about it.

Though, I met a few people who watch anime, but they're pretty low-profile about it.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action