[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 186 KB, 411x600, 78bc2624c86a4c882a1b1b0a8f43b7f8fe58738e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2379303 No.2379303 [Reply] [Original]

Do /jp/edos trying to learn Japanese use Lang-8?

Recently I stumbled across this site, and it seemed kind of lame at first, but it's actually a pretty useful site. My minor is psychology, and I've taken a lot of free courses and read a lot of books on memory, so I've found that we memorize things better if we use them, not just by writing words out but by USING them. This is true in Spanish, Latin, you name it. Lang-8 seems to let you do that.

And it's true. Recently I've been making entries as I progress through the Genki workbook, sometimes looking up a new word I don't know but want to use, and then add it to my SRS. Since I've actually USED the word already, I remember it more easily. After that I try to find other opportunities to use it. And so on, and so forth. My vocabulary isn't huge, and I know some..... pretty useless words (Owl?) but I think I'm doing better than a number of other /jp/-users.

The community on Lang-8 is also very helpful. Apparently there's a large number of native Japanese people who want to learn English that don't mind correcting horrible Japanese, and sometimes offer some grammar tips, to boot.

In before /blog/.

Lamba is always relevant.

>> No.2379317

>>2379303
>Genki workbook
I stopped there.
Fail thread, -.

>> No.2379318

>>2379317

Not OP, but I disagree with this tenfold. Genki's a pretty solid book, although it is NOT perfect. It's better than some other shit out there, and they do use this in colleges/unis out there.

>> No.2379324

get みんなの日本語 1-1 and 2-2

>> No.2379349

> I've found that we memorize things better if we use them
HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESS

>> No.2379349,1 [INTERNAL] 

>>2379349
Trying juuuust a little too hard there, bub.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action