Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/jp/ - Otaku Culture


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 212 KB, 1120x672, Aozaki sisters.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22045467 No.22045467 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

This thread is for the discussion of any and all works by by Kinoko Nasu / TYPE-MOON.

Download Links:
>A collection of all official Japanese versions of TYPE-MOON PC Games
https://mega.nz/#F!BA4yHYoT!NwGVKj4q9Z1vnpKlYY-4UQ

>Kara no Kyoukai
novels: https://emptyboundaries.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/kara-no-kyokai-translations-2/
movies: https://nyaa.si/view/1152431

>Tsukihime
Tsukihime - Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under The Crimson Air.
https://mega.nz/#!6TBSSTbR!4O6JYv1dyyRw7GQeHJ4NIUYUTQ--tuy9H8s69HgL5lY
Tsukihime PLUS+DISC - Alliance of Illusionary Eyes
https://nyaa.si/view/453758
Tsukihime Kagetsu Tohya - Twilight Grass Moon, Fairy Tale Princess.
https://sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2502321
Tsukihime Manga
https://mega.nz/#F!dRwwAZrT!uxmDDlwDTu3bgo9QIKgSrQ

>Melty Blood
Melty Blood PC games (Original + ReACT + Act Cadenza + Actress Again Current Code)
https://nyaa.si/view/1042489
MBAACC - Community Edition
https://mega.nz/#!6FUx2C6a!L2AxbiQzPHtgRI3YPHv4NZfi2EYS9RMeNHoSp6pAcFw
Melty Blood Manga (divided into two parts: the first part, spanning volumes 1-6, follows the original Melty Blood storyline. "2nd ACT" spans volumes 7-9. Melty Blood X is based on the Melty Blood Drama CD -Rojiura Pyramid Night-)
https://mega.nz/#F!syICRSJI!TeAS9ZVFSDQigguqxn_MwA
Melty Blood Manga - Back Alley Alliance Nightmare
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16jgRv-WneCDBF324U_MFsuguPFTt2J0S

>Fate/series
Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]
https://sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2386805
Fate/hollow ataraxia
https://sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2575055
Fate/Zero novels
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-5XtCxJULf4YWZfSkZKWGc2S2M
Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files novels
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B13rmXgOUD7NdUV2NDR2bWo1clU
Fate/Strange Fake Light Novel
http://humbertozero.tumblr.com/post/150696689780/how-to-read-fatestrange-fake-light-novel-read

>Mahoutsukai no Yoru (魔法使いの夜)
English Translation Patch (Chapter 1–7): https://mega.nz/#F!loBEBJDB!LMlgzDXX_ZnnRtnKFbXhQQ
French Translation Patch: https://github.com/IDerr/mahoyo-french

Novels/Manga:
>Angel Voice (anthology containing two separate angel themed stories: Notes by Nasu and Clockwick Canaan-Veil by Takeuchi.)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4w9jk2bwy8b0xsh/Angel_Notes.zip
>Fate/Apocrypha
https://fateapocryphathetranslation.wordpress.com/volume-1/pdf-and-epub-version-2/
>Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver
http://www.mediafire.com/file/myvc2c0ydv2lqhq/Fate%25EF%25BC%258FPrototype_Fragments_of_Sky_Silver_Vol_1.pdf/file
>Fire Girl
https://firegirlthetranslation.wordpress.com/
>Today's Menu for the Emiya Family
vol. 1: https://mega.nz/#!qlczzYiI!bnZsuBiMRVCKmugwizlIGc-0Bm1rXUXk_locMF7ogIU
vol. 2: https://mega.nz/#!T0UD0SBQ!yL4vw1j91cXFyFfVsUbyeRuJb4vTCesOhQqo9mmFtlA
>Tsuki no Sango - Coral of the Moon
https://www.mediafire.com/?uq1eqhccbxhxktx

Helpful TYPE-MOON-related links:
>Beast's Lair forum
forums.nrvnqsr.com
>Encyclopedia of Type Moon
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHObWRvV2tDUllYTjQ/edit?usp=sharing
>Fate/Complete Material II: Character Material
https://pastebin.com/Zjy1Sj6d
>Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] Deluxe Booklet
part 1: https://anidb.net/forum/thread/56958
part 2: https://imgur.com/a/zzgtH
>Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] Animation Material (Deluxe booklet featuring staff interviews)
https://imgur.com/a/yhv4ZNd
>Fate Franchise Loseless Soundtracks
https://mega.nz/#F!OQwx1DYA!1c0Dkm1VfOPpthg6etuU4g
>Fuyuki Rebuild
http://tatari.co.nf/fuyuki/index.htm
>mirrormoon
http://mirrormoon.org/
>TMdict, a light-weight, multi-lingual TYPE-MOON glossary
tmdict.com/
>Tsuki-kan, a small fansite containing bits and pieces of information on all things TYPE-MOON
tsukikan.com/
>Tsukihime doujins from 2008
https://mega.nz/#!fHgSVb5L!EPDHKU2KHLdjW1bM2b0-VV7WzrA9xPqrLnJTu0AkwyY
>Tsukihime Music Collection
https://nyaa.si/view/1090729
>Type-Moon Mega folders
https://mega.nz/#F!tBRTDDLT!6-uk9SmrvHKLFYU_3QTwgQ
https://mega.nz/#F!IEgnySDK!wvEo43UGmHFEKC1JBVykGw

Previous >>22009005

>> No.22045517
File: 317 KB, 575x576, 1566726766352.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22045517

>>22045467
Based OP

>> No.22045532
File: 108 KB, 1280x720, [Asenshi] Yagate Kimi ni Naru - 04 [FD2E6073].mkv_snapshot_15.07_[2019.01.14_21.55.33].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22045532

First for Mahoyo will never get fully translated so just learn moon runes or consume more baguettes.

>> No.22045591
File: 755 KB, 767x720, 1456270318981.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22045591

>>22045532
> mfw I learned German in HS
Why do frogs get all the cool stuff?

>> No.22045624

>>22045591
It was like that with Higurashi's vn too. The french translation is simply far superior over the english ones (mangagayassmer/fan translation)

>> No.22045761

>>22045624
But far more scarse too.

>> No.22046538

>>22045591
because germany post WW2 is a joke.

>> No.22046910
File: 252 KB, 869x1232, 5645644.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22046910

アースミレイト = Arsimilat - Olga's middle name
アース means "Earth"
アシミレイト means "assimilate"

>> No.22047036

>>22046910
And?

>> No.22047323
File: 19 KB, 367x474, cup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22047323

>>22046538
It was a joke during WW2 too, though.

>> No.22047470
File: 406 KB, 1457x2048, EEEvFlvU0AEQW9z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22047470

>> No.22047583
File: 793 KB, 880x920, 1563399984831.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22047583

>> No.22047765

>>22045467
Flawless OP.

>> No.22047794

>>22046910
If this is the Melty Blood Nightmare manga, it's a fucking joke. I was so excited to be able to read more stuff on melty but then this little fucker came on the scene and Lev also popped up. I don't think I've ever dropped a manga harder.

>> No.22048033

>>22047765
Flawed for being perfect.

>> No.22048998

>>22047794
Lev is great. And is first appearance was in Clocktower 2015 you philistine. He's literally both Aozaki's best friend/bank.

>> No.22049265

>>22048033
Perfect is a synonym of flawless.
Unless I'm missing your angle.

>> No.22049667

>>22047470
Very comfy

>> No.22049674

>>22049667
Until you notice THAT

>> No.22049703

>>22046910
https://twitter.com/fujinariddd/status/1170371888230494208
Basically Olga-Marie Arsimilat might mean "the bless saint assimilating with the Earth('s soul?" cuz Chaldeas)

>> No.22049715

>>22049674
Oh shit I didn't notice it at first either.

>> No.22049807
File: 174 KB, 1376x672, Mahou.Tsukai.no.Yoru.full.1071823.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22049807

If Shiki got kicked at the beginning of Tsukihime would he have lived?

>> No.22049839
File: 210 KB, 574x886, 73182167_p1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22049839

>>22049674
Kohaku will take care of it

>> No.22049932

>>22049807
Everything but a casual kick would kill him.

>> No.22050054

>>22049265
It needs imperfections to be truly perfect.

>> No.22050130

>>22050054
Perfection is indeed dependent on what is being discussed.
Mathematics, typically an equation has only one correct answer, that answer has to be perfect.
When it comes to abstract things like characters, it is a subjective mess.
However, a flawless character would be a Mary Sue, which is by no means perfect.
So yeah, a character does need flaws to be considered subjectively perfect.

>> No.22050139

>>22050130
An omnipotent being could be considered objectively perfect though, since they are obviously flawless.

>> No.22050144

>>22050139
But of course, it really depends on what perfection means in a particular instance.

>> No.22050234

>>22050139
It still depends, because, as an example, based on human morality, gods are imperfect, like most atheist preach. But god has no morality or a absolute morality (whatever he does is good) so he is perfect as long as you negate your moral relativism.

>> No.22050260

So, I have heard about it with friends, but I have not give a damn because it sounded irrelevant, but then I came to find this article:
https://basgrospoing.fr/en/articles/the-surprising-history-of-french-bread-studio
>"TYPE-MOON sold the rights when they were still amateurs," says Yoka. "They poorly negotiated, so that in the end, whatever products associated with the name Tsukihime, required to have part of its profits redistributed to the production company Geneon Entertainment, with which they signed at the time."

However this shit here doesn't add up to a lot of things, like the Remake being announced years later anyway + Nasu actually having the intention of realeasing it at the end of part 1 of FGO. This + the fact that Universal Studios has 0 reason to hold it.
Can someone more knowledgeable about this help me understand why this is relevant/irrelevant?

>> No.22050279

>>22050260
This is an old ass rumour that I've seen since forever but there has yet to be any actual solid proof of it.

>> No.22050359

>>22050279
I believe it is bullshit like I concluded from my friend because whatever happened it is already solved by the time the Remake was announced.
So yeah, Nasu is still a pussy who doesnt want to stop with FGO because of "respect to the new fans".

>> No.22050372 [DELETED] 
File: 51 KB, 957x717, 1565682196797.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22050372

>dc from lobby 3 times now
Not gonna make it

>> No.22050626

>>22050234
Of course not knowing if such a thing actually exists is where the dilemma is.

>> No.22050711

Empire of Dirt Chapter 3 out.

https://mega.nz/#!rcFWTIKA!p4vvvYMz0djO0puXiWm5KoBX2Th-0ojre0BvuB75XsM

>> No.22050714

>>22050711
https://mega.nz/#!rQMAVKRA!c3fhEaObXF1ie07X5Kp0Rwg1HZ88joZxa2b5Wh7N0QI

Windows

>> No.22050777
File: 5 KB, 124x121, 523980960149012531.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22050777

>>22049839
Destroy Neco-Arc

>> No.22051057

https://www.nishinippon.co.jp/item/n/99142851/
>那須: ケク! 新しい月姫のリメイクの作成と微調整はすでに完了しています。全イラストも完成しました。しかし、私はこの仕事を私と一緒に墓場に持っていきます。あなたの吸盤にはあまりにも悪い。しかし、ええ。

>> No.22051459

>>22051057
Nice link.

>> No.22051525

>>22051057
404 Link and quote is Nasu saying the Remake is 100% ready but he will take it with him to the grave.
I think its bullshit because Nasu is too much of a Cuck to act like this.

>> No.22051551

>>22051525
>https://www.nishinippon.co.jp/item/n/99142851/
>item
>I think its bullshit
Who could have guessed

>> No.22051559

>>22051551
What about the item?

>> No.22051562

>>22050359
He doesn't want to sto with FGO because he doesn't want to. He's perfectly capable of writing Extella, Last Encore and a lot more of Fate projects alongside the FGO game work. Ever think about it?

>> No.22051575
File: 20 KB, 672x374, nasu is a pussy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22051575

>>22051562
Look at this image. Even Takeuchi trolls him about it.

>> No.22051654

I don't get those mystic eyes of the past in Case Files are supposed to work. Mind explaining?

>> No.22052919
File: 2.96 MB, 6423x4076, IMG_1345.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22052919

Case Files BD1 (ep 0 & ep 1) sold 3,779 copies in the first week

>> No.22052926

>>22052919
The servants in amazing grace are soo pisspoorly lame as fuck like oucchie

>> No.22052929

>>22052919
Not bad for just 2 episodes.

>> No.22053082

>>22052919
the chad symphogear and the virgin case files

>> No.22053392
File: 717 KB, 1536x2048, IMG_1228.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22053392

>> No.22053399
File: 736 KB, 1536x2048, IMG_1229.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22053399

>>22053392

>> No.22053496

>>22053392
>>22053399
the artwork just looks so fucking bad, I can't believe they actually let takeuchi near this thing.

>> No.22053503

>>22053496
Aren't they just aping his style like ufotable does? He didn't actually work on it, right?

>> No.22053530

>>22053503
Nope, Takeuchi is credited as lead character designer in Babylonia anime so he does work on this. Meanwhile for FSN anime, he's just original character designer.

>> No.22053564

>>22053399
You could slice bread on Ishtar's chin

>> No.22053589
File: 121 KB, 840x420, fateextraheader.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22053589

Tamamo is the only one who DOESN'T fit the theme of Extra. Extra universe takes familiar cncepts from FSN and turns them upside down
- The NPC-Archer there is a ginger hero of justice. But he is original hero of justice having no ties to the modern one.
- Nero might seem like Saber but subverts expectations in the utter contrast of her story and personality.
- Shinji also gets subverted through CCC. CCC also reframes how one looks at Gil and his values.
- Rin looks like Rin, except she is not the same Rin but her relative who is actually a blond and actually proficient with technology and a hacker.
-There's also a psycho loli having a Berserker except that's only a part of her Caster and said psycho loli is not outright malicious like Illya.

Tamamo doesn't add to this in any way, she has no connection to SN, she was really just there to fill a waifu quota.

>> No.22053600

>>22053589
*the* theme of Extra is taking familiar concepts from FSN and turning them upside down? lol

also if you have a boner for expectation subversions, isn't Casko the ultimate subversion of your expectation by not fitting into your mold?

>> No.22053622
File: 377 KB, 1070x1600, IMG_1376.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22053622

>Fate/Grand Order Epic of Remnant 英霊剣豪七番勝負 第01巻
Shimosa manga vol 1 scan

>> No.22053835

>>22053399
>>22053392
This sameface is the absolute worst it's ever been. Fucking awful designs.
Glad FGO is getting the mediocre adaptation it fully deserves.

>> No.22053863

>>22053835
Not like ufotable was any better in that regard.

>> No.22053874

>>22053863
KnK atleast didn't have the retarded sidemouths and rhinofaces

>> No.22053885

>>22053589
O...kay. What about it, then?

>> No.22053913

>>22053874
Yeah, but KnK was back when ufotable wasn't bent on adapting Takeuchi's garbage style.

>> No.22053940

>>22053863
Nah I think UBW and especially HF characters designs look pretty good except for Rin's shovel face.
Certainly not on the level of this trash.

>> No.22054129

>>22053940
It is literally the same shit except ufotable spams gradients and cheesy lighting effects while Babylon is flat and plastic-y

>> No.22054173

>>22053392
why does the guy below the MC look like a 3D model lmfao

>> No.22054315

>>22054129
Yeah no, the characters in the ufo adaptations don't look literally the exact fucking same but with an eye color swap and different hair stapled on. They're fairly distinctive.
Pointless to argue wether you like the ufo anime or not anyway, what maters is GO trash is getting what it deserves.

>> No.22054337

We're all going to die before Mahoutsukai gets fully translated aren't we? This is worse than the wait was for Hollow Ataraxia.

>> No.22054402

>>22054337
it's translated

>> No.22054426
File: 44 KB, 430x428, 1548020885152.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22054426

>>22054337

>> No.22054434

>>22054426
>>22054402
sacré bleu...

>> No.22054443

>>22054337
HA was 9 years, Mahoyo is still on 7 years and at least it's in french too which is fairly common/easy.

>> No.22054860
File: 214 KB, 1615x1305, __artoria_pendragon_artoria_pendragon_dun_stallion_and_emiya_shirou_fate_grand_order_and_etc_drawn_by_aikawa__086e94d86674856d04ea0c72c348dc97.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22054860

Would the 5th holy grail war have played out differently if shirou summoned artoria lancer instead of saber-brand saber?

>> No.22054874

>>22054860
Yes he would've died countless times over due to the lack of Avalon.
Also Lancer Saber is a trash character with a trash design so it would ruin FSN as a story too.

>> No.22054878

>>22054874
Wouldn't he still have avalon since that was something he possessed independently of the servant he controlled?

>> No.22054918

>>22054337
If you're satisfied with the 'translation' FHA got then maybe you're better off just dying.

>> No.22054923

>>22054878
If he's in the reality of the original Saber but summoned this alternate version of Saber then yeah I guess.
But if this were happening in the alt reality then I doubt the Einzbern would've found Avalon in the first place.

>> No.22055035

>>22054443
The real hell is Tsukihime, because we can't even start the translation yet.

>> No.22055082

>>22054918
what's wrong with it ?

>> No.22055092

>>22055035
Hope I'll be competentenough at moon whenever that comes out.
I'll definitely get a surge of motivation to study more if they ever announce a fucking release date or give us any news whatsoever next year.

>> No.22055186

>>22055092
Well I started Japanese College for that reason, well, not only for that but you got it.
I can already half-read original tsukihime runes + I have my friends at college to start a project or join one

>> No.22055518

>>22055186
Sounds like a plan anon, best of luck.

>> No.22055698

>>22050714
Of course it is released while I'm away.

>> No.22055937

Been playing fate HA on android and i find it has no voiced dialogue, is this a common thing or did i fuck up?

>> No.22055944

Would you say that Gilgamesh is inconsistently characterized in FSN? To me he feels reasonably balanced in the Fate route, but in the UBW he's so overly villainous as to be comedic.

>> No.22055962

>>22055944
Within FSN, I think he mostly is. In Fate, he mostly just has a boner for Saber which is why he acts nicer.

>> No.22055975

>>22055944
I've always thought that Nasu wasn't a great writer for Gil. Butcher and especially Narita handle him better overall, I think.

>> No.22056008
File: 456 KB, 600x849, Kohaku.(Tsukihime).full.2147315.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22056008

Help! For a long time, while I've liked her, I never thought much of Kohaku. Lately i've found myself becoming weirdly conscious of her. I've been saving images randomly, even buying a figure of hers on impulse. What is this feeling?

>> No.22056033

>>22055944
In Fate his obsession with Saber keeps him in check. But in the other routes, despites retards clamoring "muh retcon because popularity", it's clearly stated that the grail corruption greatly affected his mind.

>> No.22056038

>>22056008
Before I answer anything, have you read her route?

>> No.22056043

>>22056033
>it's clearly stated that the grail corruption greatly affected his mind.
Is it? I seem to recall the Fate route contradicting that.

>> No.22056077

>>22056038
I read her route years ago. I'm just starting to appreciate her now.

>> No.22056167

>>22056043
He hasn't go insane, but it still seems like it affected him to some degree.

>> No.22056377

>>22050714
>>22055698
File rip:
https://mega.nz/#F!hpdx1AwA!-jt-U21Bq86a0uRkGjY3Hw

>> No.22056861
File: 104 KB, 900x975, D_SwNbTUYAAB2wZ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22056861

>>22056008
The obsession only grows stronger! I've been obsessed for a really long time and it's never faded

>> No.22056903

>>22054860
I would order Lancer Artoria to fuck the horse with my command spell, also to fuck random men so that she can get her mana.

>> No.22056910

>>22056903
Pretty based honestly.

>> No.22056915

>>22045467
I LOVE HISUI

>> No.22056961
File: 760 KB, 1200x972, wv5fe8ocn1131.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22056961

>>22056861
I think i've always liked her this much and am only now coming to terms with it.

>> No.22057286
File: 246 KB, 648x800, aa142d92ef41ce63d9348d597440877a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22057286

>>22056961
Accepting facts as they are!

>> No.22057322

>>22057286
It's best to be honest with how I feel. I think she might be my favorite TM girl, more than the others I was insisting to myself were my favorites.

>> No.22057746
File: 521 KB, 892x600, IMG_3744.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22057746

in terms of design and voice only, is Fujimaru (male) the best male protagonist of Fate ?

>> No.22057871

>>22057746
Hell no, he is punchable as fuck and sounds like every typical soulless MC.
Fate of course has fairly low standards comparatively, but he is still the bottom of that bunch.

>> No.22058295

>>22057746
Both of those aspects are also dogshit like everything else about him. Shirou and Hakuno put him to shame.

>> No.22058659

>>22057746
well imo they're all fine but if i have to rank them
design: Gudao > Sieg > Hakuno > Shirou (not that Shirou looks bad but i prefer the other three over him)
voice: Hakuno > Gudao > Sieg > Shirou (to be honest there is something about Shirou's voice that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable/annoying? but i can't put it into words)

>> No.22058673

>>22058659
Oof.

>> No.22058700

>>22058673
is my taste that terrible

>> No.22058953

>>22058700
People tend to hate Apocrypha and FGO here.
I myself hate anything post-extra, so I couldn't even consider comparing Shirou (who to me is an average character) with those 3.

>> No.22059119
File: 16 KB, 260x194, sasuke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22059119

>>22058659
> to be honest there is something about Shirou's voice that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable/annoying? but i can't put it into words
I don't blame you. He has the same voice as Sasuke.

>> No.22059314

>>22058700
>>22058953
Why is this place such a hugbox?

>> No.22059320

>>22058953
I mean that's just about voice and design only tho...

>> No.22059510

>>22059314
>Why is this place such a hugbox?
Cause we are all oldTMfags.

>>22059320
>I mean that's just about voice and design only tho...
Well, I usually see works from Type Moon as not something that invests too much on its male characters, and this goes to voice and design as well.
Also, if we really go by that, Hakuno Kishinami is actually an empty vessel, with his M/F versions on Last Encore just being the Shaft filling. That is, he is more of a Shaft like character than your tipical TM protag.
Gudao is almost like "Kiritsugu with a happy background" so I would say that if you like Kiritsugu, maybe you will like Gudao,
Sieg is... too much of a young design I guess? It has a purpose for being like this but, I usually dislike Shotas.

>> No.22059836
File: 70 KB, 700x525, Bazett.Fraga.Mcremitz.full.995604.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22059836

>>22058953
>I myself hate anything post-extra
not hating anything post-hollow-anorexia
smfdh

>> No.22059886

>>22059836
>not hating anything post-hollow-anorexia
smfdh
Not hating anything post-Tsukihime baka.

>> No.22059909
File: 116 KB, 392x442, IMG_1349.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22059909

>>22059510
>Gudao is almost like "Kiritsugu with a happy background" so I would say that if you like Kiritsugu, maybe you will like Gudao
Okay now i can't unsee it, though i guess having blue eyes makes Gudao look livelier too.

>> No.22059910

>>22059886
>Not hating anything post-Tsukihime
Not hating anything post angel notes.

>> No.22059932

>>22059910
>Not hating anything post angel notes.
Not hating anything post original mahoyo script smfdh

>> No.22059961

I just hate everything

>> No.22059991

>>22058659
How do you get taste this fucking bad Christ anon

>> No.22060015

>>22059510
>Gudao is almost like "Kiritsugu with a happy background" so I would say that if you like Kiritsugu, maybe you will like Gudao,

If kid Kiritsugu grew up normally without any traumatic events happening to him, in other words, if he never became an interesting or distinctive character at all, he would become something similar to Gudashit I guess. In which case, I really don't see the correlation between liking Kiritsugu and liking the self-insert.

>> No.22060058

>>22060015
It is because of their appearance/design, which was the focus of anon. And in that sense, gudao is similar to kiritsugu, just with a happy/not interesting bg.

>> No.22060071

>>22060058
I don't even know about that, Guda looks so fucking generic and boring, literally default hair style #1 + default face #1 in a shitty character creator (and yes I know it's supposed to be genderbent Rin but god damn did Takeuchi manage to twist that into the shittiest protagonist ever).

>> No.22060400
File: 639 KB, 512x512, 3IF6IBX.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22060400

>>22059314
This general is full of people who got bullied out of some other place by FGOniggers.
Bullying is now strictly prohibited, unless the target is a GOfag/secondary.

>> No.22060449

>>22060400
I never got bullied by FGOniggers. I do bully them, though.

>> No.22060866

FSN is a fantasy that teaches young men to be comfortable in their own skins, deliberately combating the weaknesses of the alpha ideal with the strengths of the beta's balanced traits

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/fate-stay-night-unlimited-blade-works/episode-20/.88524

>> No.22060887

>>22060866
I too remember the shitstorm when this review came out.

>> No.22061031

>>22060866
lmao

>> No.22061217

>>22060866
I always read the Shirou funny sentence as "it is not because your argument is valid that what you say is true" which is the famous fallacy of the false premise, dunno if what I concluded from thr 1v1 from archer and shirou was that, but that is my interpretation.

>> No.22061269
File: 69 KB, 306x331, 92dac75d3b2672e9e48d6a294259a5776ba585c453bea9a4765d1f2974843129.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22061269

>>22060866
> That finally brings us to this episode's content. That is to say: the Rin-molesting.
> Really, the worst part of this “Rin gets kidnapped” bit is how it's annihilated her character. In the first half of this series, she was an assertive young woman who took charge of her own romantic desires. She was the one who pressured an embarrassed Shirou into finally becoming an item.
> Now she's patiently waiting as a bunch of dudes fight over her. All of them, friend or foe, alpha or beta, somehow reinforce her status as a sexual object.
> Kirei provides us with that boob shot. Shinji is less a character than a narrative tool to set upon female characters when they aren't in enough sexual peril. Lancer is there to make sure that Rin isn't “really” assaulted (while also reinforcing her desirability.) Shirou is validated by Rin choosing him, and Archer has provided an eternal fountain of un-personing for her recently.
> (Rin was betrayed, almost raped, and almost murdered, multiple times, but let's have her talk about Archer's problems.)

>> No.22061389

>>22061269
Mainstream popularity was a mistake

>> No.22061461

>>22061389
And here I was thinking that showing Fate here in my country was bad. Even in english people create issues out of ther asses.

>> No.22061706

>>22060866
Americans were a mistake. Somebody please nuke us.

>> No.22062471

>>22060866
The funny thing about it is that almost all FGOfags on r*ddit and discord are like this. I really can't understand how people like this touched japanese pop culture.
I blame people who try to sell anime without saying what is behind it usually.

>> No.22062525

>>22062471
>FGOfags [...] r*ddit and discord
Nuke them too.

>> No.22062833
File: 2.65 MB, 1636x1162, 1537691726651.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22062833

This fox this fox this fox

>> No.22062923

>>22062833
It is time to confess that I only ever read the nero routes of extra and CCC because the gameplay is so fucking bad and filled to the brim with dialogue that I have no interest in replaying them.

you'd think somebody would have noticed that during the development stage

>> No.22062929

>>22062923
Just so you know, Extra battle system is not hated by all, although I respect your right of hating it.
So no, there was nothing to notice in the development stage when that was the premise of what they were doing.

>> No.22062941

>>22062929
>Just so you know, eating shit is not hated by all

>> No.22062969

>>22062923
Speaking of CCC i've yet to play that due to an inability of finding a version of PPSSPP compatible with text hooking.

>> No.22062970

>>22062929
they could have imported the basic ass rpg maker combat system and it would have been better than the final product.

>> No.22062972

>>22062941
you know what is really eating shit? playing something with RNG. And guess what? Extra has no RNG.

>> No.22063018

Hello, can someone help me with this stuff? What script is the best Classic, Mixed or Realta Nua? I would like to not play the hentai part.

>> No.22063024

>>22062972
I hate what Extra spawned as I believe what we see today in FGO has Extra to blame. But this is more related to the plot and new tropes it created, not the gameplay itself, which although doesn't save the game, it certainly doesn't make it worse.
Sorry if I can't be a pussy like you who can't stand because you can't handle something different. Gosh, you're like those faggets who hates fighting games and then go saying they are repetitive just because they keep losing and dying. Grow some bone you fags.

>> No.22063033

>>22063018
Realta Nua has no sex. I believe the most recent versions of Fate has the option of removing them inside the game or in any control config exe that will be in the same folder.

>> No.22063038

>>22057746
>Hakuno: 170cm/63kg
>Shirou: 167cm/58kg
>Sieg: 165cm/53kg
>Fujimaru: 172cm/59kg

>> No.22063042

>>22063038
All TYPE-MOON protagonists are manlets.

>> No.22063081

>>22063042
>Shiki Tohno:169/57kg
Just filling with the other manlet.

>> No.22063104

Guys, remember that Shirou grows up to become a 187cm beast

>> No.22063110

>>22063104
Depends on the route.

>> No.22063116

>>22063110
Not really. Where does it say that he stops growing after the 5th HGW?

>> No.22063129

>>22063116
It is not that he stops growing but rather, he needs the contract with Alaya to even grow in the first place, which only happens in a certain case, in a certain timeline. The majority of endings in FSN does not have Shirou being a Counter Guardian.
Which timelines are those? Dunno, some were known when Tsukihime and Fate were the same, but that changed, so I have no idea.

>> No.22063132

>>22063129
I don't remember Nasu implying that he needs the Alaya contract to grow taller. Source?

>> No.22063137 [DELETED] 

>>22063132
>Unlimited Blade Works BD set II: Q: What was the Fifth Grail War that Heroic Spirit Emiya experienced in his lifetime like? Was the Archer summoned there also Emiya?
Nasu: It was a world where the conditions at the beginning of the war were mostly the same, but something was missing. Shirou summoned Saber and fought until the end, didn't save Saber's heart but understood her, and they destroyed the grail together and parted... that's the image I have.
Takeuchi: Ahh, so something like a Fate route Good End we didn't make in the game?!
Nasu: Yeah, probably. After that, it is believed he cooperates with Rin who survived, and heads to London.

There are other materials like his FateGO profile, but I believe this interview is better.

>> No.22063144

>>22063132
Oh wait, you mean becoming taller only. Forget what I said then, I thought it was about becoming Garcher.

>> No.22063187

>>22063024
>FGO has Extra to blame
How? These are two separate stories.

>> No.22063217

>Waver Velvet (19 years old): 157cm/50kg
>Lord El-Melloi II (10 years later): 186cm/68kg

>> No.22063230

>>22063187
In general it is just is just is just a feeling, as by the end of CCC Nasu wanted to stop with Fate. So something related happen to FGO to appear.
But FGO actually has some common elements, the most noticeable being the My Room, some plot aspects are recycled in some sense, like the state of the world (which both seems to be the Land of Steel aka planet with mana depleted) and the most important: FGO is another take on making an jRPG like Extra (which was even called Fate RPG project I believe). The battle system using 3 types of attacks seems similar as well, but that would be forcing it too much.
There are many other elements that they share, but I will limit to those.

>> No.22063234

>>22063217
So Tohno has a chance...

>> No.22063250

>>22063234
Waver hilariously is even more guilty for being a manlet because he's not even asian like Tohno is.

>> No.22063271

>>22063217
Is the implication here that magi augment their height with magecraft?
Growth spurts like that don't happen at that age.

>> No.22063309

>>22063230
My room isn't really a story element, except in Extra I suppose, and it has counterparts in practically any waifubait gacha.
Now, I'm not familiar with FGO story, but weren't there active magi families, like the Animuspheres and so on?

>> No.22063337

>>22063309
At some point yes, but a massacre that is pretty much the same as FGO happens minutes in the story and the only people that survive are inside Chaldea and even some inside dies, like the last Animusphere member. There are other mage institutions that don't need the "external part of the earth" that survive I believe, but they like, were not relevant until we solved everything in end.

>> No.22063342

>>22063337
a massacre that is pretty much the same as Extra*

>> No.22063671

>>22062833
This thot this thot this thot

>> No.22064650
File: 515 KB, 1536x2048, IMG_9475.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22064650

What do /tmg/ think about CCC Foxtail manga?

>> No.22064661

>>22063230
I'm not sure if you've noticed by now but Nasu recycles absolutely everything and anything he creates. FGO isn't that similar to Extra or else I would like it.

>> No.22064700

>>22064650
The entire thing revolves too much around the author's pet character Suzuka.
Something really annoying about these writers that Nasu hired is that they constantly shill their OCs.
Sakurai has Ozymandias and Dantes. Higashide has Moriarty. Takenoko has Suzuka.
Keikenchi is the only good writer since he isn't afraid to reference Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime.

>> No.22064740

>>22064650
misses what little point CCC had to shoe in more bimbo whores.

>> No.22064773

>>22064700
Those aren't even Sakurai's most wanked characters.

>> No.22064812

>>22064700
>Higashide has Moriarty
Wait did Higashide really wank Moriarty that much..?

>> No.22064832

>>22064773
>Those aren't even Sakurai's most wanked characters.
Example?

>> No.22064865

>>22064812
Moriarty appears in every other FGO story now. For every event or interlude campaign that he doesn't appear in, there's one that he does.
>>22064773
Do you mean Scathach? She's about as shitty as the other two, not worse.

>> No.22064936

>>22064865
About Moriarty, on top of my head he appeared in Case Files collab (written by Sanda), Meiho-sou and Enkidu's second interlude (written by Narita). For Meiho-sou, he was picked by the novel writer whose name i forgot and in the game version, Nasu changed the overall plot a bit and Higashide rechecked all of Moriarty's dialogues since those were written by the novel writer. Also White Day too i guess? Higashide only decided to use him in White Day event.

>> No.22064949

>>22064865
Scat is worse, ultimately wanked makes are almost only an issue to fujos.
Unless they are wanked as to mess with the canon and ruin things that were better before, of which there are examples from them, but there are those form Scat too which are far more stupid.

>> No.22065885

>>22064661
Everybody here would like or at least think it is tolerable if FGO plot was properly built like a VN or LN from the start.

>> No.22066314
File: 747 KB, 1920x1080, 1473711276489.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22066314

>>22053589
Tamamo being an original creation instead of Nasu recycling the same old shit is one of the many reasons I like her character.

It's a shame the only way she can get solid screentime is in Foxtail (and even then...).

>> No.22066317

How different is the Realta Nua japanese TL comoared to the original 2004 TL?

>> No.22066351

>>22066314
Wouldn't that mean you don't like anything in Nasuverse besides Tamamo?

>> No.22066373
File: 681 KB, 1129x1600, ZSFu5FH.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22066373

>>22066351
Yes :^).

More serious, yes. There's this weird current of everyone constantly referencing and rewriting the same thing over and over. Fujino>Kohaku>Sakura. Last Episode>whatever the fuck that ending in Apocrypha was. And then Strange Fake's whole fuckery of needing to reference every little thing in the Nasuverse all the fucking time.

That's just a few thing, but the lack of originality is grating, and makes me appreciate the more original things more. Tamamo is refreshing in that she doesn't build off of another character or concept.

>> No.22066411
File: 358 KB, 960x540, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22066411

>>22066373
I wouldn't call it lack of originality. I mean, you call it if only analyze the characters by themselves, but you have to remember that Nasu Kinoko built his universe in a buddist logic, which is something related to Karma and... Recycling, or if you prefer 輪廻, Samsara, Rinne, the Cycle of Life and Death.
Every character has an origin to which makes them a reincarnation of something.
Every story revolves about something related to humanity strugle,
Heck, we even have a Deep Consciousness that is related to Amalavijñāna, as further developed in Kara no Kyoukai.
I would actually be surprised if there was no recycling in the Nasuverse.

>> No.22066429

>>22066373
Oh, and don't forget that Tamamo herself is a Recycling potential character, after all, she has 9 incarnations, to which one is heavily important on FGO part 2.

>> No.22066441

>>22066317
I think they are the same, no? Mirror Moon did not retranslate it as far as I know.

>> No.22066462

>>22066441
Huh, I think the guys at Beast's Lair did translate the Realta Nua exclusive scenes (H-alts, the changes from 2004 to Realta Nua). All of this is being implemented in the Definitive Edition of FSN.

>> No.22066994

>>22045467
>A collection of all official Japanese versions of TYPE-MOON PC Games
Mahoyo link is dead, only has text file with no game.

>> No.22067010

>>22066994
>Support the creators, buy the originals!
kek

>> No.22067027

>>22067010
I saw that and thought I had been trolled. Then I checked the other games and they had files, so either OP is a genius and knew people would only download Mahoyo so he put dummy files in the other folders, or the link is dead. I'll go with the latter. Sorry OP.

>> No.22067029

>>22064650
It's kinda fun and the author draws the girl in a really hot way.
I agree that it's not a replacement for CCC itself though, it's more like an extra.

>> No.22067108

>>22067027
No, I'm the current op, but not the owner of the mega.
Perhaps the files were meant to be added later, but never were. The same with 2006 F/SN edition.

>> No.22067250
File: 294 KB, 521x695, EEDfcauWwAAVKZ1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22067250

>>22067027
Actually we just copy paste the list, the original OP who created the list might not even be here.
He could even de dead.

>> No.22067268

>>22067250
I've been on here for a couple of months now and I didn't realize that. I'm very retarded.
So if a link just dies, is anyone going to fix it? I know there's a race to be first to post the general thread so...

>> No.22067274

>>22067268
Well, I kinda use that list on my discord server and I have the intention of fixing whatever people complain there. Maybe I will do it someday, whenever I get the chance to repost the thread.

>> No.22067330

>>22067274
I recently downloaded mahoyo I could try to find it, Granted it's in japanese only.

>> No.22067354

>>22067330
I already got the game from nyaa.si, but thanks anyway.

>> No.22067486

Well boys, I tried Mahoyo with Japanese and its clear I'm not at a good level yet to read in Japanese. I then tried the French patch and see how well I could read that, and I'm actually doing pretty great so far. Knowing another romance language makes this super easy, and having google translate on the side is making it even easier. I'll still keep studying Japanese though, there's still a lot of other unrelated material I would like to be able to read in the future.

>> No.22067563

>>22067354
You're welcome, want to help whenever I can.

>> No.22067619

>>22058659
Sieg is the best looking one. I like Shirou more as character but yeah he's got a bad voice.

>> No.22067650

>>22064650
As shit as CCC.

>> No.22067660

>>22064700
Dantes is Nasu's too.

>> No.22067815

>>22067486
You will never learn Japanese that way. Just fucking read Mahoyo in Japanese here and now. Stop feeling sorry yourself, coward.

>> No.22067856

>>22067815
>You will never learn Japanese that way.
I don't even have the fucking grammar down, it was basically all google translate. I'm not learning anything at that point and it will take me a year to finish it. I just want to experience the VN, stop being an ass.
>Stop feeling sorry yourself, coward.
Definitely not feeling sorry for myself. I'm still learning Japanese, and I'm not beating myself up over not knowing it since I'm still studying it. I'm just using the resources I have available.
Just in general, fuck off. How are you supposed to convert anybody into the ways of Nasu=hack when you're gatekeeping one of the 2 ways to experience Mahoyo, and on top of that insulting me for it? Please be this fucking salty because of my massive Latin American cock making this easy for me.

>> No.22067979

>>22066411
That may be so, but when I keep seeing the same thing over and over, in similar stories no less, I stop caring.

I haven't given a shit about a Fate work since Stay Night. Prototype is the only other interesting Fate work to me, since it's so different (which is funny since it's proto Stay Night chars), with it's completely different plot.

>>22066429
Yes, but Tamamo herself isn't a recycle. That's my point. She's an original new face.

>> No.22068020

>>22067856
You're not studying anything. You haven't even started to.
Learn kana, finish Tae Kim, read shit. Wow so hard.
You're a self-pitying swine full of excuses.

>> No.22068021
File: 294 KB, 750x750, Emiya.Shirou.full.2473711.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22068021

>>22067619
I must be the only person to actually like Shero's voice.

I'm a massive Shiroufag so he'll rank high and above every other Fate MC by a wide margin, especially since their designs get more and more bland.

Also is it just me, or does each Fate MC become more and more of a pussy? Hakuno and Gudao's blandness is to blame, yeah, but I swear they're always so scared to call a character out. It's so annoying.

>> No.22068089

Shirou doesn't have a cool design. I mean, he uses the same outfit everyday. One of the good things about the adaptations is that they gave Shirou more outfits. They still aren't that good but he looks a lil bit cooler.

>> No.22068090

>>22068020
No, you're absolutely right. I haven't put a single ounce of effort into it. I haven't even memorized the Hiragana yet because I'm so bad. Tae Kim's guide is too hard for me to read because I can't even understand the English in it.
Get a life, and since you seem to know Japanese so fucking well, then start teaching it so you can actually do something with your pathetic life and finally move out of your parent's basement.

>> No.22068122

>>22068089
>Shirou doesn't have a cool design. I mean, he uses the same outfit every day.
How are we supposed to know that though? I'm just gonna assume you mean the VN because we legit only see his sprite or him in the CGs a handful of times. It's hard making an MC have a good design when he barely appears visually at all. We see the world through his eyes.
I'm guessing that Takeuchi/Nasu didn't put much effort into making the design in the first place since it didn't really matter for the VN format. I'm pretty sure he wasn't even featured in the box art of the original copies.

>> No.22068159
File: 892 KB, 707x1000, Emiya.Shirou.full.2184271.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22068159

>>22068089
Suuure. The striking (,fluffy) red hair? The zig-zag eyebrows? The scowl on his face that makes you feel like he's looking at walking garbage?

Shirou's design is great.

>> No.22068163

>>22068090
The classic "I don't have the time" excuse. Bravo.
No. You're posting on 4channel. You have plenty of free time.

>> No.22068188

>>22068163
You got me. I'm a full-on NEET. I letch of my parents and I have all the time in the world. But instead, I just spend my days watching shitty anime and jacking off the greatest of loli porn.

>> No.22068209

>>22068159
>The scowl on his face that makes you feel like he's looking at walking garbage?
This has to be a joke. You should try the social intelligence test.

>> No.22068260
File: 895 KB, 1852x1765, [email protected]_fgo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22068260

>>22068188
Now I see hope.
Reminder that both Shiki and Shirou are lolicons.
Patrician taste.

>> No.22068301

>>22068020
Why are you such a faggot anon.
Anon literally said that he's still studying, can you really blame him for not wanting to ruin his first time with Mahoyo with subpar grammar skills? I went through the same thing when I tried to start with a harder plotge first. People still learning should stick to moege and manga until they have at least a good grasp of grammar.

>> No.22068372
File: 2.85 MB, 2263x3455, fcm-cm_043.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22068372

>>22068209
It's not actually a scowl, but he clearly doesn't like whoever he's looking at.

>> No.22068422

>>22068372
it's either Archer or Kotomine

>> No.22068443

>>22068422
Fair. That's how I look whenever I see Archer.

>> No.22068544

>>22068301
I started reading CCC right after Tae Kim, two volumes of Yotsuba and a short braindead moege. I'm glad I didn't listen to retards like you and their bullshit. It was painful but much more effective. The fastest way to learn a language is to read what you really want.
You won't ruin anything as long as you're motivated.

>> No.22068602
File: 275 KB, 484x560, 1555536310463.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22068602

>>22068544
Maybe it worked for you but not everyone would wanna experience a VN they've hyped up for years in that manner you fucking dumbass
If you're not in THAT much of a rush to read advanced shit it's generally better to take your time and gain more experience.

>> No.22068629

>>22068544
I would have read CCC by now if I could hook the fucking thing. That said, as i'm reading Mahoyo now, while I'm personally not having a problem I can understand holding off for a while. On the principal that nasu's writing can be difficult to read occasionally.

>> No.22068679
File: 94 KB, 300x297, 1402702624795.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22068679

>not re-reading all of type moon's older VNs and LNs in nihongo before reading Mahoyo

>> No.22068685

Just read some easy moege to learn jap. I heard that they are good for that type of thing.

>> No.22068785

>>22068685
I can understand it helping you to memorise the symbols, but does it help understanding what each word means?

>> No.22068802

>>22068785
Well sure. If you don't know a word, reading it in a proper context helps you understand it. You don't have to start with moege if you don't want to though.

>> No.22068833

>muh TL vs bilingualism meme
Abandon thread.

>> No.22068910

>>22068833
Without learning Japanese, you will never be able to fully comprehend the full chunni powers of Nasu.

>> No.22068918

>>22067979
I don't mean to say that you should like it, but it is important to know that the point of the thing before actually disliking. If it is still shit, don't worry, you have such right.

Tamamo herself wasn't a recycle, years ago. But now, 2019, she is currently being recycled. And that is a good thing, you can expect lots of differents Tamamos to appear.

>> No.22068926

>>22068910
Anon, you couldn't be more right.
That chuuni authors loves, I repeat, LOVES neologisms, and they can never be translated, NEVUR.

>> No.22068960
File: 919 KB, 1347x541, 1498935722474.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22068960

>>22068602
Nasu's shit isn't that hard. If you can finish a moege, you're ready for his VNs.

>>22068629
This thing works
https://github.com/MX-Futhark/hook-any-text/wiki/User-Manual
I was channeling the hooked text into a browser with a clipboard insert addon and my custom html for pretty formatting.

>> No.22069168

No, seriously, this discussion is the same every time, it is a waste of time that shits up a thread.
Stop it.

>> No.22069184

>>22069168
I think it's interesting to compare how early people read Nasu works in JP and how hard they consider it. Some people can be insufferable and take their experience as if it would work that way for everybody, but whatever.

>> No.22069202
File: 167 KB, 1920x1080, ME.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22069202

>> No.22069371

>>22069202
Tasty fing- I mean, candy.

>> No.22069373

>>22069168
99% of this general is the same discussions over and over again.

>> No.22069444

>>22069373
There are few topics more annoying than ones that causes two circlejerks to collide.

>> No.22069513
File: 82 KB, 600x800, 0287eca4fe3620397446667bfe5821c9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22069513

>>22068918
>And that is a good thing, you can expect lots of differents Tamamos to appear
The only good thing is more Tamamo lore.

Though evil, bitchy Tamamo is fun as hell. Especially since she makes so many people butthurt.

>> No.22069529

>>22050279
That's a massove cope, that's what it is.
VNs don't take 8~10 years to get made.
If Nasu wanted to make the Tsukihime remake he would have made it already.
That he keeps on delaying while making more and more stuff and taking on more and more side projects is proof enough that the Remake isn't a priority in any way.

>> No.22069536
File: 1.04 MB, 2450x3432, IMG_1463.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22069536

TM Ace 13 when? The most recent one was released two years ago already.

>> No.22069552
File: 367 KB, 900x1321, e43befefjw1ertr6jq3igj20p010p12d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22069552

>>22069536
Fuck me, has it already been two years?

I fucking hate Nasu.

>> No.22069564

>>22069552
Yeah. It was released on August 30th, 2017.

>> No.22069595

>>22069371
:(

>> No.22069628

>>22069536
Well, is there anything related to Typemoon to talk about?
FGO doesnt need because every other magazine alreadt does the job.

>> No.22069636

>>22069628
It has it's own, and there isn't enough other TM stuff around to make another.
Sad reality.

>> No.22069741

>>22069628
>is there anything related to Typemoon to talk about?
You know..., 90% of TM Ace 12 is just Fate. TsukiRe only has a new illustration while Mahoyo characters only appeared in the how-to-draw with Koyama section, and the merch part too. There are mostly news about FGO, HF1, Apocrypha, Case Files, Proto, Extella Link, Prisma Illya, FSF and some quick interviews with TM artist/composer & a long interview with Mamiko Noto. They don't even care about non-Fate works anymore.
FGO has Chaldea Ace, by the way.

>> No.22069818

>>22069741
Yeah, TM Ace 12 and 13 were the prototypes for FGO magazines haha god how I am depressed now.

>> No.22069828

>>22069741
>>22069818
Time to move on. TYPE-MOON isn't for you anymore.

>> No.22069836

>>22069513
BTW what do you think of her being one of the remaining Beasts to appear? And which number/sin you whink she would be?

>> No.22069857

>>22069513
The nose, eye, and mouth position ratios here trigger me

>> No.22069865
File: 48 KB, 456x528, 1546188966646.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22069865

>>22069828
Time for you to move on back to /vg/, faggot.
No one here is happy with the FGO cancer obsession.

>> No.22069870

>>22069865
>No one here is happy with the FGO cancer obsession.
Yes, I know, but the 1% isn't relevant.

>> No.22069890

>>22069870
Who cares, people here still care about TM even though we keep getting shat on. If you've already moved on or if you're perfectly happy wtih GO shit then this isn't the place for you.

>> No.22069937
File: 934 KB, 1024x1945, Koyanskaya Rush B.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22069937

>>22069836
I'll be honest, I don't really keep up with the Beast lore and whatnot. I know Tamamo can BE a Beast, but I don't know enough about Beast's to really give you a definite answer on that.

And I'm...fine, with her being a Beast? After Kiara, I stopped seeing Beasts as anything really special or big. Let alone cool. So to me, it'd just be another form of Tamamo. Very tame responses, I know, but I just don't really care that much for GO lore. I just want more Tamamo lore and what she can do.

>> No.22070036

>>22069828
That means it is for you, which means you are a turbofaggot.

>> No.22070088

>>22069937
>I don't really keep up with the Beast lore and whatnot. I know Tamamo can BE a Beast, but I don't know enough about Beast's to really give you a definite answer on that.
Not that anon but in case you need a quick rundown, in CCC Tamamo secret garden, Amaterasu said she's an Evil of Humanity aka Beast as explained in FGO. Now in Lostbelt arc, Koyanskaya has Independent Manifestion which is a special skill for Beast only (Merlin and Void also have it btw). Her goal is to become a new Nine-Tailed (furigana: kemono) that has zero connection to the Original. This is also the reason why she couldn't bring her tails to China and India, and people think this might be why we have that confusing stuff about Tamamo and Daji (they got recorded as the same person/legend). It's also noted that she has an extremely huge Saint Graph too. With this and based on Koyanskaya's behavior from Part 2 prologue until now, she could actually be a Beast.
Also Caenis knows Koyanskaya's goal, but we don't know why. Hinako told Koyan this in LB3
>I’ve really hated you since long ago. No, I suppose it’s better to say that I really hated the vixen who was the same as you.

>> No.22070860
File: 140 KB, 900x1100, IMG_1460.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22070860

>> No.22070869
File: 145 KB, 900x1100, IMG_1461.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22070869

>>22070860

>> No.22070874
File: 135 KB, 900x1100, IMG_1462.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22070874

>>22070869

>> No.22071120

>>22068960
It's funny that you seriously believe nasus literature level is the same as moege while still needing texthookers

>> No.22071348
File: 111 KB, 620x930, IMG_1487.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22071348

>> No.22071353
File: 105 KB, 620x930, IMG_1488.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22071353

>>22071348

>> No.22071357
File: 411 KB, 1365x2048, IMG_1486.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22071357

>>22071353

>> No.22071365
File: 379 KB, 1365x2048, IMG_1484.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22071365

>>22071357

>> No.22071370
File: 399 KB, 1365x2048, IMG_1485.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22071370

>>22071365

>> No.22071428

>>22071353
>>22071365
only good ones

>> No.22072239

>>22071120
Not the same but it's the next step. There's no reason to postpone.

>> No.22073250
File: 267 KB, 1484x1929, EEbm5S2UEAE6u02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22073250

>> No.22073408
File: 90 KB, 800x600, 14-HF14-04-10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22073408

Question: Kirei says he kept Sakura alive to ensure the birth of AM?
Does that mean that in the Fate and UBW routes he never expected to meet Avenger?

>> No.22073493

>>22073408
He does, in those routes Illya would serve as the vessel.
He has in interest in keeping Sakura around in HF because she's the one who starts absorbing Servants' souls.

>> No.22073816
File: 266 KB, 1360x2048, eebjq5kucaehuiq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22073816

Such a cute

>> No.22073851

>>22073493
Would the AM that is born in Fate/UBW differ from the one in HF?

>> No.22073880

>>22073851
He might change in form, but not in intention.

>> No.22074003
File: 47 KB, 680x675, 7350sx227pu21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22074003

>>22073250
Sakura deserved a better servant.

>> No.22074030

>>22074003
Medusa is an axcelent heroic spirit, it is just that Sakura was never able to have her.

>> No.22074267
File: 1.86 MB, 2209x3433, fcm-em_303.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22074267

>>22074030
I bet if Karna was Sakura/Shinji's servant, he wouldn't have gotten his neck snapped by Kuzuki.

>> No.22074411

>>22074003
Why? I don't think she has shown any aptitude as a master.

>> No.22074443

>>22074411
She endured the most weak and asshole mage family for years and made them being relevant. I think she has a lot of potential as a master.

>> No.22074468

>>22074267
When did Kuzuki snapped Rider's neck?
Anyway, I think you are underestimating too much the power of reijuu and stupidity.
And please don't put Sakura there, she isn't to blame for whatever happened to Rider.

>> No.22074678

>>22073493
> He has in interest in keeping Sakura around in HF because she's the one who starts absorbing Servants' souls.
What happens in the MoS "route", then?
Sakura has already absorbed two Servants there

>> No.22074778

>>22074468
Have you read UBW?

>> No.22074793

>>22074468
>And please don't put Sakura there, she isn't to blame for whatever happened to Rider
But of course. Rider is to blame for whatever happened to Rider.

>> No.22074851

>>22074778
I ask the same.
>>22074793
Oh, yeah, Matou is a non existence. Or even better, they did nothing wrong. This might be trolling so I won't even continue this facade.

>> No.22074889

>>22074851
I mean there's nothing to question, Kuzuki killed rider in UBW. Pretty effortlessly at that.

>> No.22074913

>>22074889
Ok, I am currently reviweing the UBW route now to check that, cause I don't remember this happening, could you say when?

>> No.22075014

>>22074889
Ok, I found it. I was a happening under Shinji control, so anyone could actually do it, which is not the case I defended. Any servant who was under Shinji control was limited in one way or the other.

>> No.22075126

t. never read Case Files
I didn't want Adashino to be the villain, but at least it makes for a good story.

>> No.22075346

>>22075014
>Kuzuki was also able to take Saber on too.
It's more to do with Kuzuki's own skills and enhancement he received from Caster.

>> No.22075417

>>22075346
I would even say that Caster would have an advantage, as she knows what against a monster of a myth she makes part of.

>> No.22075446

>>22075417
Yeah, it was a bad matchup for rider.

>> No.22075520

>>22074913
Off-screen when she dies at the school.
The anime makes it even more obvious who did it but it's pretty explicit when they first see his abilities and think back to Rider's death.

>> No.22075658

>>22075014
But not Karna, which is what I was getting at originally. His armor would protect from both Kuzuki and Caster's fuckery.

>> No.22075733

>>22075126
I think it would be interesting because she's a character who's been around from the first book, usually you expect the "episodic" characters to be the culprit. I'm not so sure it's her anymore though.

>> No.22075735

>>22068960
Mind sharing that HTML anon?

>> No.22075737

>>22075014
When Rider is under his control, does she get magical energy from Sakura, or is she dependant on mana-time with Shinji?

>> No.22076165

>>22075737
The mana just make her exist, the reijuu is what drive her actions. And Sakura was literally forced by Zouken while being raped by shinji to give away Rider.

>> No.22076180

>>22075737
It is hilarious these people that will even attack the victim in order to have a reason to dislike the character.
Dood, you don't like her, that's ok. But it will look very, very bad if you keep making the wrong argument.

>> No.22076183

>>22075658
Believe me, Shinji would order him to not use it for some stupid reason. It is Shinji we're talking about.

>> No.22076486

>>22076165
>>22076180
What the fuck are you talking about?
I was genuinely curious if Rider's stats were gimped because she stopped receiving mana from Sakura, or because Shinji became his Master?
But now I assume it's the former, because in Zero it was considered a big deal that Kayneth could cheat the system, and have Sola provide the mana with him still keeping the Command Spells.

>> No.22076714
File: 94 KB, 512x388, 020.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22076714

With all these talk about Tsukihime Remake and Mahoyo or even DDD and Fire Girl (although most TMfags usually don't give a shit about those two), I think FGO created a bigger problem than you could imagine.
Let's say, today is the day when FGO part 2 ends. Now Nasu and Takeuchi will release Tsukihime and Mahoyo. Great, right...? I don't really think so.
I mean, look at the current movement of people that consumes typemoon today. Theie world revolves around pretty jpg pictures, moe characters and doujin. Jokes from summer and halloween events, ships between characters. Does Tsukihime and Mahoyo could ever offer that? Think about it. Visual Novels are too much of a different media. It is almost like Hard Literature. It is not made for the current generation, who wants fast paced things. People might like it if it is something like Extella, where they can skip all story. But something that has only story? I think FGO created a scenario where whatever return to the roots that TM tries to do will be bound to fail. Not because they will be poorer than before, but because they will not grow. As soon as FGO is not a thing anymore, TM will lose all its success and that might lead to depression while people badmouth it for "not investing in what made them what they really are" which will be a laughable sentence as TM is a VN specialist, not a whatever-they-think-it-is.
In conlusion, I fear for the future, if there is really an intention of TM going back to its roots. FGO created a cancer that now is evolving into StudioBB and removing it would just kill the body. And even if you think It is fine just having StudioBB as a side-thing, believe me, it won't. StudioBB will slowly make everything the way FGO is, that is, a hateable and not-TM thing.

>> No.22076746

>>22076486
>But now I assume it's the former, because in Zero it was considered a big deal that Kayneth could cheat the system, and have Sola provide the mana with him still keeping the Command Spells.

The biggest reason for why Urobuchi and his works are inferior to Nasu is simply the level of prose. Nasu's prose is fluid and incredibly poetic. Meanwhile Urobuchi writing is all over the place. Too many unnecessary descriptions, and overused phrases

>> No.22076819

>>22076714
This is my kind of /tmg/ post.

>> No.22076924
File: 867 KB, 1700x1232, 20150618_004754.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22076924

What are your UNPOPULAR Nasuverse opinions?

>> No.22076938

>>22076924
Luvia is a better character than the majority of those present in both F/SN and HA

>> No.22076942

>>22076924
Everything in Fate is a waste of potential.

>> No.22077002

>>22076924
This question is so much Beast's Lair.

>> No.22077105

>>22076714
FGO isn't going to die after part 2, and releasing Mahoyo didn't kill the company when Fate was already their big franchise.

>> No.22077128

>>22053496
I don't know if it's a good thing when you can see a drawing and notice the artist's style, but in Takeuchi case it's basically the same saber drawing with different hair, fucking hack

>> No.22077132

>>22077105
I don't think he inferred that.

>> No.22077135

>>22076938
this

>> No.22077204
File: 169 KB, 1161x947, The 4 Heroines of TYPE-MOON.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22077204

>>22077105
I don't mean Fate, I mean the practice of making 100h visual novels.I mean making those things that actually made a lot of people to never enter the TM fandom before.
And I don't even mean to say that Tsukihime and Mahoyo won't be released. Maybe they will, but they will either be released as the final visual novels of all time, or will be continued in an more casual fashion. TM was a company that tried to do one thing and from a merchadology perspective "failed" but when they tried to even do something they didn't know how to do properly, their bank accounts numbers skyrocketed, and this is too much a of a stimulus, everybody gets happy when money kicks in. And even Nasu himself creates another reason by proclaiming he feels responsible for the new demand.
There is a biography on Nasu, Takeuchi and Typemoon and I can't help but think Nasu is a very weak and fragile person. Takeuchi on the other hand was always a very entrepeneur type, and if it was not him, Nasu would say as a Game Master of TTRPG with circle of friends and writing books for fun and competitions.
The Status Quo of TM is too much for old man Nasu.

>> No.22077866

>>22076714
>Now Nasu and Takeuchi will release Tsukihime and Mahoyo
Well, probably not. They are likely in incredibly unfinished states, so it would be years before they would be released.
>Jokes from summer and halloween events, ships between characters. Does Tsukihime and Mahoyo could ever offer that?
I mean, kind of. Melty is pretty silly. Granted, something like Melty or Carnival Phantasm is a lot more genuinely fun than most of what FGO offers, but they still had a lot of fanservice.
>Visual Novels are too much of a different media.
TYPE-MOON will never make another visual novel. I imagine they will continue to make or be involved with video games in some form or another for the rest of Nasu and Takeuchi's careers.

Even if Tsukihime's Remake did come out I can pretty much guarantee you it would have gameplay elements of some kind and it certainly wouldn't be a traditional visual novel in the sense that one usually thinks about such things. It also may very well be "released" in a form that none of us anticipate. I still believe, though, that the likelihood of it coming out within the next few years is slim. Mahoyo sequels, on the other hand, are dead. That will never happen.

>>22076924
In my opinion, there was no need for a remake of Tsukihime in the first place, and its current predicament would be vastly improved if Nasu were to cancel all plans for the remake tomorrow.

Every time I think about all the potential opportunities Nasu blew away when they made their incredibly premature announcement back in '08, I get buttblasted. We would have had a ufotable adaption by now. We would have had Melty HD by now. Perhaps a light novel or two directly taking place in the universe. There was a lot of potential for the future of Tsukihime that was culled when TM announced the remake and decided to not deliver for 11+ years.

>> No.22078204

>>22077866
Man, you're even going to dismiss a theoretical?

>> No.22078229

>>22075735
I don't think I have the most recent version anymore but this should mostly work
https://mega.nz/#!ZUUnQCRS!eWOvySuKmqIHR3hwUVUx_dmY7n3H3a59elFPfuAc9Ts
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clipboard-inserter/
Save the html file, open it in the browser, turn on the addon.

>> No.22078803

>>22077866
>In my opinion, there was no need for a remake of Tsukihime in the first place, and its current predicament would be vastly improved if Nasu were to cancel all plans for the remake tomorrow.
Would you be against a Tsukihime 2? Or whatever name a new story inside the Tsukihime Timeline?
Cause although I agree with you in part, it seems to me that you also don't want anything related.

>We would have had a ufotable adaption by now.
I thought you were against remakes.

Also, I can assume that you don't like Mahoyo as well? Cause that is pretty much a remake (nobody besides Nasu and those little ones who read the manuscript will ever know if things were changed).

>> No.22078856
File: 1.92 MB, 1464x2048, 1550495365180.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22078856

>> No.22078877

>>22077866
>I mean, kind of. Melty is pretty silly. Granted, something like Melty or Carnival Phantasm is a lot more genuinely fun than most of what FGO offers, but they still had a lot of fanservice.
You must be out of your mind if you really think that. CP and Melty were never considered things that affected the main timeline. Or did you forget that Mystery Heroine X participated in the defeat of Solomon in part 1, making one of the biggest jokes of Nasuverse as serious as whatever was there? Not even counting that the cardboard protagonist create an effect that no protagonist until than could create.
The thing is, FGO is another level of joke, because it can get disrespectful in a way that CP couldn't even be. CP was a side thing, a let's play joke. FGO is seen as one thing and even if Nasu says "oh those events don't actually happen", people won't care because they 1 - didnt read it or 2 - the fact that both happens in the same game will always reinforce the ideia that both main events and special events have the same value. And c'mon even the main storyline has stupid jokes that were never seen in ANY visual novel before.
I repeat, you are out of mind or know nothing to actually think like that.

>> No.22078926

>>22077866
>In my opinion, there was no need for a remake of Tsukihime in the first place, and its current predicament would be vastly improved if Nasu were to cancel all plans for the remake tomorrow.
You know what makes me mad about your opinion? It is that you really seem to think the Remake made more damage than FGO. Or if the Remake was released, it would damage more than FGO did.
I kinda agree, maybe the Remake was unnecessary. But it would NEVER be a bad thing and make other works be on hiatus like FGO did. If you really want to blame the lack of ufotable adaptations, no Melty HD, light novels, that is FGO fault, not a remake that would happen one time and thats it.
Tsukihime Remake wouldn't be a server based game that would cashcow you and persist with updates and making Nasu have to oversee everything, it would be a one project with start and an end. FGO has EVERYTHING to not have an end. I am sorry, think what you want about it being a bad move, but you need to recognize that the Remake is everythin BUT the problem here.

>> No.22078963
File: 262 KB, 682x1000, download (3).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22078963

>The Maid Sisters are Red
>The pristess is blue
>I want the Remake
>And so All of You too.

>> No.22079438

>>22078803
I'm fine with new content in the Tsukihimeverse, but what I'm not fine with is incessant meandering of the same few characters ad naseum; very often what happens in such a scenario is that past content gets diminished by present content. Arturia is a very good example of that, for instance. Shirou, too, to some extent, but overall one can point to many instances of older, beloved characters becoming at least somewhat degraded in some form or another in FGO. You can tell good, new stories with old characters, but for the most part old characters are only in FGO for fanservice. Which isn't to say all fanservice is bad, by the way, but it needs to be done tastefully.
>Also, I can assume that you don't like Mahoyo as well? Cause that is pretty much a remake
I'm not strictly against remakes per se, but I do find Nasu's itch to "improve" or "overwrite" old content disconcerting, at least when such content has already made its mark in the public consciousness. This is an extremely hyperbolic example, but what if Beethoven were to come back to life and say, "scrap that 9th symphony; everything you like about it was a mistake. I would like to make a new 9th symphony." Does an artist have such a right? It's a difficult question. Mahoyo, though, was in no such position and is therefore not comparable to me. And aside from that it's a great VN.
>>22078877
Whoa, settle down. I was never trying to imply that Melty or CP were directly on the level of FGO, but merely that they are examples of Tsukihime being capable of copious amounts of fanservice. The poster was asking, "Does [sic] Tsukihime and Mahoyo could ever offer that?" And my answer is: yes. You can take any character, story, or setting, no matter how serious, and turn them on their heads to the point where they barely resemble the source material.
>>22078926
>It is that you really seem to think the Remake made more damage than FGO.
It did more damage to the Tsukihime side of TM, whereas FGO has done damage to all of TM.
>Or if the Remake was released, it would damage more than FGO did.
Not really. You're misunderstanding my issue here. I have my own personal reasons for disliking remakes out of principle, but on the whole it would have been best for the series if the remake had come out as quickly as possible. I am saying that, in retrospect, it was one of the worst things to happen to the series overall because of how much potential content it stalled. This is why you don't make such huge announcements until work on such a project at least has substantial progress. Yes, we can say that, at least on some level, FGO has responsibility for the remake's stall, but the remake being dead was a meme long before FGO was around; even back in 2012 and 2013 people were making HL3 comparisons and joking about how it was never going to come out, and work on Melty HD was occurring as early as 2010, but it was culled and became UNIB instead.

>> No.22079544

>>22078963
Clever

>> No.22079580

>>22079438
Good post.
I'd like to see more stories with Shiki or Arcueid, but I wouldn't want to see another Tsukihime with Kohaku or Hisui. Those stories felt pretty finished to me. Kohaku was pretty much made into the series assclown along with Ciel because they didn't know what to do with them. Same shit is happening with Sakura too.
Overall though I'd really like to see more of the characters we haven't explored that much. Solomon or Blackmore for example.

>> No.22079618

>>22079580
It's pretty hard to balance fanservice. Kohaku in particular is a pretty egregious example of the fanservice / character exaggeration / parody / whatever becoming so prominent as to be highly questionable to say the least. I have to admit that some part of me enjoyed her assclown antics in KT, and she's probably my favorite character to play in Melty, but overall I'm still not happy with what they did with her.

>> No.22079754
File: 782 KB, 960x540, ssss.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22079754

>>22079438
>but I do find Nasu's itch to "improve" or "overwrite" old content disconcerting, at least when such content has already made its mark in the public consciousness.
I understand your point and agree with it. I just have some doubt that is what Nasu intends with the Remake.
I say this because Nasu has already exposed to the public his discontent with his works having 18+ scenes. Ok, you could argue that he should just republish it as a Realta Nua, like it was done with FSN, but Tsukihime has 2 problems that still need to be solved:
1 - It is not a work that made its mark in the public consciosness, partly for the fault of the anime being kept a non existence.
2 - It is in a really rough shape while being one of the most important works that relates directly to the myth of the Nasuverse, with the other being Notes, that is also in rought shape.
So, we could say that the remake is just a way of "making it fresh with new technology". We don't really know if Nasu actually wants to change everything (aside from sex scenes), maybe he will just make a Mahoyo version of it. And frankly, making a VN is not that resorceful and for all we know, it was not an obstacle for new content.
>Yes, we can say that, at least on some level, FGO has responsibility for the remake's stall, but the remake being dead was a meme long before FGO was around;
Look, the tsukihime is dead meme was always an overexageration of people that for some reason disconsidered the 10 year mark that was on the PV. The 10 year limit was only achieved last year, so I will disconsider that as an argument because nothing was actually wrong in this aspect.

Now, related to the rest of the quote, if you read the interviews and biography, you will see that actually, Tsukihime Remake process was happening while FGO was brought as an idea. And there is even a comment from Nasu to Mafia Kajita, I believe, saying that he had the intention of syncronizing the UBW anime events with the end of part 1 and something related to Tsukihime Remake. He said it was not possible "because life is a harsh mistress".
It was also said by Nasu that Lostbelt was to be something inside what we know as part 1 of FGO, which is evidenced by lots of characters that appear on Lostbelt already been voiced (and then having the need of revoice because things changed). All of this hapenning because Nasu wished to serve the new demand that liked FGO better.
So, it is not a case of "at least on some level, FGO has responsibility for the remake's stall" but rather, FGO is the reason for everything being a stall at all. Not only for what I said, but because the idea of having something as FGO makes Nasu want to retcon EVERYTHING like the concept of Fate and Tsukihime being the same timeline. And if the Remake becoming an issue is true, that is also FGO fault.
Do you want to know why I say this? It is because that the thing you say about the stories having to repeat so much is exactly because of FGO. If the Remake was the only thing being worked, Nasu would just finish, release it and then he would have free time to work on new content, heck even Melty Blood HD would be a thing already.
But now that is not possible, because we have do readapt EVERYTHING to fit in the FGO idea. And if you really say Mahoyo is not the same thing, well, then I can assume it is new content in your eyes and boom, we don't have new content because of FGO for the same reason.
To summarize, I don't think the Tsukihime Remake is Bethoven coming back and recreating everything. But, FGO is, and we have clear evidence of it.

>> No.22079796

>>22079754
>It is not a work that made it's Mark in the public consciousness
U fucking wot m8
Just because Tsukihime didn't become a meme like Fate did doesn't mean it wasn't also incredibly popular. It is one of the most read visual novels out there and it was incredibly influential on the genre.

>> No.22079991
File: 515 KB, 1306x647, 1453787826218.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22079991

What did Nasu mean by this? Is Shirou the anti-degenerate type of guy?

>> No.22079998

>>22079754
>It is not a work that made its mark in the public consciosness, partly for the fault of the anime being kept a non existence.
Well, that's just wrong. Tsukihime is a pretty well known work, even if it's not known to the level of the absolute mainstream, it's still a fairly popular title. If it wasn't in the public consciousness, we wouldn't have thousands and thousands of pieces of fanart. And that's not touching on how many writers began working on VNs because of Tsukihime.
>It is in a really rough shape while being one of the most important works that relates directly to the myth of the Nasuverse, with the other being Notes, that is also in rought shape.
Sure. Like I said, Nasu wants to "improve" his old content. Tsukihime desperately needed an editor to say the very least, but the same could be said for Fate/stay night. You're not contradicting me here.
>We don't really know if Nasu actually wants to change everything
I cannot say whether or not the intentions and spirit of the original are still a priority, but, at least from the perspective of design, especially insofar as the tone and philosophy are of the original are concerned, everything has changed so far. A deeper examination of this would be based too much in opinion, though, so I'm not going to stay on this subject.
>the tsukihime is dead meme was always an overexageration of people that for some reason disconsidered the 10 year mark that was on the PV.
This was always a stupid meme. First of all, "the remake is dead" was a thing before the PV even came out, and, secondly, the PV came out in either 2012 or 2013 (I forget) which was shortly after the 10 year anniversary celebration. It is very obvious what the "to the next 10 years" meant in that context. It did not mean, "Yeah, we'll release this in 10 years." That was a stupid cope. Nothing more.
>FGO is the reason for everything being a stall at all
That is incorrect. Tsukihime's remake being stalled goes back as far as Mahoyo being delayed, which predates FGO's prototype as it were. Which is kind of a goalpost shift anyway.
>It is because that the thing you say about the stories having to repeat so much is exactly because of FGO.
FGO is TM's tendency to over-recycle brought to its logical conclusion; TM had problems with this even before FGO. Not nearly as bad, yes, but the precedent was always there.
>But now that is not possible, because we have do readapt EVERYTHING to fit in the FGO idea.
On this I'm pretty much in complete agreement. Which is why much of my asshurt about the remake is in retrospect. I could trust the TM of 2013 or 2014 to make a decent remake of Tsukihime, but I'm not sure if I can trust the TM of the present to do so. It will inevitably pander to their new FGO audience now, which vastly, vastly outnumbers their old audience, which is why I said I wish Nasu would just cancel the remake entirely.

>> No.22079999

>>22079796
>Just because Tsukihime didn't become a meme like Fate did
Actually not even Fate made a mark, although I am using my definition of mark, which is close to what shounen anime have. The mark you're refering to is an underground mark that never actually influenced people outside of the VN and otaku niche.
Just ask your average Fate fan today, he most probably only have watched Apocrypha and played some NA FGO, maybe watched some episodes of UBW. And don't dare try to show niche material to him, he will hate it. Just go to /fgog/ or whatever place with new people and you will observe this.
Tsukihime had a mark on niche and maybe cult, but it was not a "mark on the >public<". Far from that.

>> No.22080013

>>22079999
You can make your mark without being 100% mainstream. It isn't an either or situation, there is a middle ground between some obscure artsy niche and being a shounen read by everyone and their mother.

>> No.22080021

>>22076924
Nasu should fuck off from TM and free the studio from his Nasuverse. Let Meteor and/or someone else do their thing. TM desperately needs fresh blood.

>> No.22080026
File: 123 KB, 463x613, 1507088926113.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22080026

>>22079999
>Actually not even Fate made a mark

>> No.22080098

>>22079998
>Well, that's just wrong. Tsukihime is a pretty well known work, even if it's not known to the level of the absolute mainstream, it's still a fairly popular title. If it wasn't in the public consciousness, we wouldn't have thousands and thousands of pieces of fanart. And that's not touching on how many writers began working on VNs because of Tsukihime.
Oh c'mon, just go on your usual doujin indexer and compare it, like, to your average anime. The numbers are obviously different.

> and, secondly, the PV came out in either 2012 or 2013
All registers I found say the PV was published on 2018. If you have earlier documents about it, I'll glady agree.

>Tsukihime's remake being stalled goes back as far as Mahoyo being delayed, which predates FGO's prototype as it were. Which is kind of a goalpost shift anyway.
Yes, but that was a "normal stall" and there are a big list of arguments in favor for that, like financial crisis and other creative issues. Every game in some part of the world had some kind of stalling in that period. However, most of those games are being release already, meaning that TM already had the opportunity to solve this problem.

>FGO is TM's tendency to over-recycle brought to its logical conclusion.
Although I agree this happen, I also have a point of disagreement, but it is too much of a subjective viewpoint (which is related to TM being recyclist on purpose and actually they will keep doing it because that is the objetive). But I will just say that FGO being a repetition wouldn't be a problem or at least it would be less saturated if it was a VN or LN. In this case, the issue is clearly the gacha model.

>I could trust the TM of 2013 or 2014 to make a decent remake of Tsukihime, but I'm not sure if I can trust the TM of the present to do so. It will inevitably pander to their new FGO audience now, which vastly, vastly outnumbers their old audience, which is why I said I wish Nasu would just cancel the remake entirely.
Yes, we clearly agree in that point. I would say that the new dillema now is to either become one with the new crowd while lying to ourselves that this is not a problem or just accept it and move on. My depression is making me try to go and be the former, as I can't stop loving this universe. Such a curse o'mine.

>> No.22080105

>>22080026
Sorry, I meant to say "not even the FSN VN made a mark" in the sense that not many people actually gave a fuck because it was a long read.
The Fate of today made a real mark because it is now in accessible format.

>> No.22080110

>>22080098
>All registers I found say the PV was published on 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4ff-PtT6Y

This is merely a mirror, but it was uploaded in 2013. The original video came out even before that, but I don't remember exactly when it came out.

>> No.22080130

>>22080013
Like I said, it depends on the definition of mark. I usually take the worst cases in the world to actually call it a mark, and in my country, even with the anime of Tsukihime being dubbed, it was seen as something too much serious and overcomplicated. And it couldn't help but be overshadowed by Narutos and Dragon Balls.
It was actually a luck and privilege of mine that I happened to play Melty Blood AND watch Tsukihime 15 years ago. That would never have happened here in my country normally.

>> No.22080142
File: 27 KB, 640x480, s310-81.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22080142

>>22076924
Ciel's route gets good after it stops being a ctrl+v of the Arc route, and its Normal End is one of the best endings in the whole VN.

Tsukihime R is a mistake and Nasu should've made Tsuki 2 a decade ago.

>> No.22080154

>>22080142
>Ciel's route gets good after it stops being a ctrl+v of the Arc route
Is that an unpopular opinion though? I thought everyone generally had this sentiment. The main issue is that like half of Ciel's route is ctrl+v of Arc's.

>> No.22080157

>>22080110
Oh my god, I'm sorry. I actually meant 2008. That is why I said "It was only last year that the 10y limit was achieved". I remember seeing the 2008 on wiki, but that might be it anyway.
I will be honest here, I think the more a work takes to be prepared, the better. So I was always good with it taking too much time, which always made me feel whacky when I saw the meme.
Also, now that I think about, the fact that the remake would be for 10 years wouldn't actually mean it was not a priority (with the priority being Mahoyo, as an example)?

>> No.22080162
File: 28 KB, 450x605, curry_is_eternal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22080162

>>22080142
>Ciel's route gets good after it stops being a ctrl+v of the Arc route, and its Normal End is one of the best endings in the whole VN
This is not unpopular, it just the truth.

>> No.22080274

>>22080157
iirc Nasu was halfway or almost done with Mahoyo's script in 2008 or 2009 and the goal was for it to be released in 2009 or 2010, and Tsukihime's remake would follow in 2011-2013. In the midst of that we were promised more DDD and Mahoyo sequels, and as far as I recall the Tsukihime remake and Mahoyo's sequels were supposed to tie in with one another. Between that and Girls Work at the time the future of TM seemed very diverse indeed, but Mahoyo ended up being delayed a few years and it has been nothing but Fate since.

>>22080162
Ironically Arc gets some of her best scenes in Ciel's route.

>> No.22080308

>>22079991
> "Right. Girls are loud, but Saber-san is fine. Humble women are a part of our cultural heritage."
Is Issei the actual sexist of the Fate route?

>> No.22080387
File: 134 KB, 640x480, warcueid.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22080387

>>22080274
Will we ever see this Arc again?

>> No.22080563

>>22080387
Tfw no Arc to tear me in half

>> No.22080612

>>22080387
>when you're 1 minute late to your date with Arc

>> No.22080687

>>22076924
Extra had a good story, interesting, if overrecycled setting, and a passable gameplay.

>> No.22080824

>>22076924
Rin is a Mary Sue.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action