[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 147 KB, 350x491, [Tsukihime] (Arcueid) Bright Smile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2139015 No.2139015 [Reply] [Original]

I'm just about finished with first route (Arcueid) on Tsukihime VN, and I'm amazed how well things had fit in. I had grown tired of the shitty bgm the VN offered, so decided to play my Touhou music. As I began the prologue, it just happened to play the song, さくらさくら - Japanese Dream / 東方妖々夢. Somehow it timed perfectly. A quiet relaxing start went along with Shiki's crying over Arcuied, and as the song suddenly started to kick in, Arcuied showed up and started talking. Just as the song was about to end, Arcueid says her farewell. This has left me enthralled, and I will no longer ever listen to shitty Tsukihime bgm ever again. So now I ask, should I go for Kohaku's route or start reading some FSN until I get to see some Sakura goodness?

>> No.2139038

Both

>> No.2139057

First off, you have to play Hisui's before you can play kohaku's. Also, play the whole game before you start another one. Each route gives you more of the story.

Also, the preferred order is Arc -> Ciel -> Akiha -> Hisui -> Kohaku

and also, you don't get to see a whole lot of Sakura goodness in FSN, just letting you know so your expectations don't ruin the game for you.

>> No.2139066

finish tsukihime first.

i loved Fate and UBW , but HF.. hmm.. it was no that bad but well.. its in a lower level than the other two.

But Kotomine of HF is AWESOME.

>> No.2139103

Hmm, on a curious note, is there anything that memorizes what text you've already read, like that in CLANNAD, so you can just skip all that? Or must I sift through everything once again in order to not miss anything? :X

>> No.2139116

type moon has the best skip function ever

>> No.2139136

>>2139057
Why is that the preferred order? I blundered through Ciel first, and I'm perfectly happy with that.

>> No.2139140

In tsukihime there is no function that remembers stuff already read. You simply have to use the control key to skip stuff if you don't feel like reading it again. But seriously, the branches split after the first day. There really isn't much they force you to reread besides the prologue and the morning of day one. The exception being Ciel's route, which intersects with Arc's for a little while before splitting. Its still worthwhile to reread some stuff now that you are more acquanted with the setting.

Kagetsu Tohya does have an option to skip stuff already read, for good reason, as you have to go through the same day 40 times to get to everything.

FSN has an option where stuff already read simply appears, instead of scrolling, to clue you in. Or you can rig it to skip it. Its up to you.

>> No.2139141

>>2139103
You don't have to worry about accidentally missing stuff in Tsukihime. The scenes don't secretly change on you or anything. You get a different scene for a different choice, and then the main story continues.

>> No.2139150
File: 137 KB, 518x610, 1235537566140.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2139015

Ciel's route. Read it.

Enjoy your possession by an 800-year-old insanity-inducing program that has absolutely destroyed your life and the lives of many others just by existing.

>> No.2139157

>>2139136

If there is a "main heroine" of tsukihime, Arcuied is it. (The title translates to "moon princess"). Arcueid provides the ground rules for the setting without it being too complicated, and has good pacing.

Also, someone who is new to the game and doesn't consult a walkthrough or flowchart is going to end up with Arcuied 99% of the time. No one is going to have tea with Ciel the first day and pick "this is reality" first time through. Also, Ciel's route becomes unwinnable if you don't know what you are doing, which is not good for someone playing for the first time. Arcuied's route is designed with the newbie in mind.

>> No.2139159

Play all of the routes before moving on to another visual novel.

>> No.2139164
File: 97 KB, 800x320, 1235537825023.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also, OP, the sooner you play Ciel's route, the sooner you get to understanding this image.

Also, Kohaku's route is clearly designed to be the proper conclusion of the entire Tohno Family side of the game, so it makes sense to play it last.

>> No.2139169

>>2139157
I wish. It's too easy to get locked into Ciel route before Arc even shows up. One moment you're investigating a sound in the Courtyard, then you're admitting the reality of being a murderer instead of wussing out about it, and suddenly it's "Ciel Route Only". FFFFFFF--

>> No.2139170

>>2139164
You mean
>What I read.

>> No.2139181

What's after Tsukihime?

>> No.2139182

>>2139181
Nothing.

>> No.2139185

>>2139169

Really?, investigating the sound...thats a 1 in 2 chance (you don't know who it is first time), then you have to choose Think in Hallway to have lunch with her, which is a 1 in 3 chance, then you have to pic This is Reality to get picked up by her, which is a 1 in 2 choice (honestly I see This is a Dream being picked for the majority of first playthroughs, but I will be fair)...your odds of getting stuck like you describe is 8.25% out of one hundred.

I can see people playing Ciel's first if they got into the game via Melty Blood and looked at a walkthrough, but random chance grossly favors Arc. still is that slight chance though...

>> No.2139194

>>2139185

My first play through I got locked into Ciel route. Didn't bother looking at a guide or anything. Got myself locked into a 'lol you're gonna fucking die unless you start from the beginning' scenario. Used a guide thereafter.

>> No.2139198

>>2139185
>random chance grossly favors Arc.
Probably true. On my first play through I was trying to go for Akiha because I didn't realize you couldn't do her route first, and I ended up getting into Arc's route.

>> No.2139201

>>2139185
Hmmm, you're right. I guess I was just unlucky. All the options that appealed to me coincidentally led to Ciel.

...in hindsight, that makes it even more hilarious, since I was trying to get Arcueid's route.

>> No.2139202

>>2139181

Tsukihime is a good Intro to the Genre. After Tsukihime you can either go deeper into the Type-moon games with the Plus Disk, Kagetsu Tohya, Melty Blood, Fate Stay Night, or check out other games.

Other good games for newcomers to the genre are Planetarian and True Remembrance, after you have a few under your belt you definitely should tackle Clannad and Ever17. Ever17 is NOT good for a newbie, as it definitely uses the constraints and devices of the medium (first person perspective, multiple routes) to mess with you.

>> No.2139277

>I will no longer ever listen to shitty Tsukihime bgm ever again
Hey, fuck you, I happen to like some of the music in it. ("parting" and "in the moonlight" in particular) It probably has something to do with me liking piano pieces in general though.

As for your question: go through all Tsukihime routes first.

>> No.2139288

>>2139277
I like all of the Tsukihime BGM, but there are so few songs that I admit they get really repetitive in such a long VN.

>> No.2139296

>>2139288
I didn't really mind. I disliked the KT remakes of them though.

>> No.2139342

I was bored with Tsukihime by the time Arc was lecturing me about vampires. Maybe VNs are just not for me, but it is rare that a game wherein you dice a waifu into meaty chunks the first time you meet her makes that act BORING.

>> No.2139344

Arcy has big tits!

>> No.2139370

I'd Arcy's sweater...

Over...

and over

again...

>> No.2139615

i played it completely without music.

tsukihime is better when its completely and utterly silent.

>> No.2139627

>>2139342
don't you fags get bored of this trolling shit?

>> No.2139635

>>2139627
as long as people get riled up, its good for a cheap laugh

>> No.2139636

>>2139615
I agree wholeheartedly. Tsukihime is perfect without BGM.

>> No.2139645

>>2139627
But I'm not trolling...

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action