[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 207 KB, 1330x794, lunar sniper rifle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21001747 No.21001747 [Reply] [Original]

You want to finish the story quest in tinder, anon. The gun you get at the end is the best.

The grenade is pretty good too, I guess.

>> No.21001921
File: 260 KB, 1440x900, 20190314182050_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tinderfag here, right now I'm working on fixing broken units. I already covered some things like Hell Raven 3's not having a melee weapon and Kasha Corpse Carts being horse archers with no horse archery. Let me know if anything sticks out as far as units that don't work well.

>>21001747
How long did it take you? I haven't even finished the thing yet.

>> No.21002017

Oni Miko's are fucking crazy what the hell.

>> No.21002225

>>21001921
A few days of fucking about in the dark.

It took quite a while to (actual story spoilers->)get the scarlet messenger, another while to find cirno and yet another long wait to find the renegade fairy army, but otherwise it was pretty straightforward.

The CG events are pretty cute and wish there was narrative included in the text, instead of the "CG [#]" that seemed to have been a placeholder for them.

If there are any writefags around, maybe we could have some cute interactions written in.

>> No.21002236

Origins/Tinder merger when

>> No.21002336

>>21002236
Literally impossible since Tinder's source is not available. At least, for now.

>> No.21002377

>>21002017
Yeah, they're one of the few units that I really fear facing. I tend to suffer massive casualties when fighting them, living goddesses, or chaos knights.

>> No.21002395

>>21002336
>>21002236
Like anon said, I'd love to merge with Origins anon. He's got a real talent for creative writing and polish that I'd love to support but I can't fix a lot of bugs that are present in Tinder because the source code decompiler doesn't work on it. That means he can do a lot more work in adding features like fixing tournaments and core features while I'm mostly just trying to fix obscure bugs, map editing, and some basic unit balance and fixing.
I can actually use this shitty Russian decompiler and it successfully decompiles modules and processes, but not headers and IDs which is the big problem.
Out of curiosity what stuff from Tinder did you want to see in Origins or vice versa?

>> No.21002421

What are your favorite units anons? I'm fond of Kappa 3's because I like making firing lines.

>> No.21002479

>>21002421
Playing tinder right now and Moon Rabbit 3 is extremely powerful. The only thing about them is they fire so fast, their ammo can't last an entire battle so I need to tell them to stop firing when the enemy is still halfway across the battlefield.

>> No.21002489

>>21002421
I'm a big fan of the Oni Kishin. They're siege melee kings and knock everything out instead of killing. I support them with some cavalry on the field and things go pretty well.

>> No.21002565

>>21002421
I am pretty fond of the napoleonic war aesthetic you can get with kappa. Kasha are my overall favorite, though, for the tactical flexibility they offer. They're excellent archers, they have "mounts," they're fairly good at melee combat, and they aren't especially difficult to recruit. Also, they look like Rin, and Rin is cute.

>> No.21002592

How do you use Caravans in Tinder

>> No.21002605

>>21002592
Just buy em at the guild master, then talk to the caravan group to give them orders. They run around cities and automatically trade for you then dump the money either into your bank or your inventory cash. They do charge you money to buy goods but you'll always make more money on the sale.

>> No.21002616

>>21002592
You buy one for 3500.

Talk to it to give it its marching orders. You can just make it do whatever it wants or give it waypoints (max of 5). If you're just looking for some profit, it wouldn't matter either way for a reason I'll say later.

Whenever it goes into a city, it sells all its goods and then buys new goods. You can also set the number and quality of its guards through the dialogue, and they will hire guards whenever inside cities.

They act like real caravans and will get smashed by bandits and deserters.

Now, I said they "buy" goods and guards, and you get the UI feedback as if you bought and sold these items yourselves. But as far as I've observed, the money doesn't actually get deducted. You DO, however, gain the money from the goods they sell. And a lot of money at that. So much so that you'll probably recoup the caravan's cost after the first 2-3 stops it makes and everything afterwards is just profit.

>> No.21002632

>>21002616
What quality of guards should I set

>> No.21002645

>>21002632
I'd just max it so they have a chance to survive deserters. Never a guarantee though.

>> No.21002960

Any link where to download it? there's no link in the OP

>> No.21003066
File: 1.11 MB, 1433x1013, 01cf42696b5eedd39bd073e13c26f577.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21002960

Anon’s Updated Origin Mod
https://mega.nz/#!6W4EHA4B!pKPWhftyPxBjvjJN3noXO6tvZVManbYtA2b72wkAeSI
Battle Continuation for Origins (drop into Touhou Origins module folder): https://mega.nz/#!941wESiK!FL_ti9V1CGmbw_cEqaiZArfJc245futDKmvjrwpyNEY
Dialogue fix: https://mega.nz/#F!950kVapD!TLxMnk3HrUJMRxLPRrebtA

Touhou Tinder (Chinaman version with translations from anon)
https://mega.nz/#!MoojQQLJ!eRVmovYaadh062e1iZOCheOihn8mGRgP7UoWa3rbu5g
Patch notes: https://pastebin.com/P4RpvW89

Remember to only hire kappa for maximum kappa domination.

>> No.21003078

955 Renown later, I got the Scarlet Messengers while besieging the Tengu Fortress as a mercenary for the Hakurei faction. I can't make heads or tails of the trigger in of itself, but it seems like you do just have to be "near" the Scarlet territory.

Or rather, that's just my experience.

>> No.21003091

>>21003078
If you'd been avoiding Scarlet territory until now, it might make sense. Also the fact that I quickly got it, since I was working mostly inside the territory.

>> No.21003441

>>21003066
So the dialogue fix doesn't come with anon's updated origin mod?

>> No.21003454

>>21003441
>>21003066
Also what's battle continuation?

>> No.21003458

>>21003454
When you die, your troops fight without you

>> No.21003494

>>21003454
What happens during normal gameplay is that when you die, the game auto-resolves the battle, which usually ends up meaning you might either win or lose the battle, but regardless you'll be losing more men than you would normally. The camera is typically very janky, but it's fun watching your men slaughter the enemy.

>> No.21003514

>>21003494
It also allows you to see the hilarious aftermath of such situations such as charging lance-first into the enemy lines, only to be blown into space by your ally, Remi, and her Gungnir - along with the entire enemy line.

>> No.21003549

>>21003458
>>21003494
seems fun I'll download this, where should I put the dialogue fix?

>> No.21004123

>>21003091
I spent the bulk of my time in and around the Hakurei area, but I ventured out to Scarlet and Eientei territories frequently enough to make friends. I think moving around as much as I did might've just confused the game.

At this point, I've completed the fairy stuff and I'm tooling around to see what happens next, if anything. I haven't gone over to the Netherworld or Underworld regions yet, so maybe it's time.

>> No.21004539
File: 1.85 MB, 1555x869, lordrumia.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

She's going places.

>> No.21004550

honestly this is the most intresting series of threads in a while

>> No.21004567

I got the Kedama armour early on and I can't fuck see my character at all, but it's too good to take off.

>> No.21004622

>>21003066
I'm glad people seem to be getting use out of the dialogue and battle continuation changes. I stole some of >>20986060 ideas and renamed Calradia to Gensokyo and also fixed a few things I missed. Namely things regarding troops. i.e. "what are you and your men doing?" is now "what are you and your girls doing?", and so on. I just updated the file on mega for convenience so you can download it from the same link.

>>21003441
>>21003549
The dialogue fix should work with any version of Origins. Just drop the language folder from the mega into the Origins module folder and merge whatever it asks.

>> No.21004768

I found the new Tinder weapon meshes in a file I overlooked previously and ported some of them over to Origins, and made the Great Mausoleum tower reachable via a 110 meter long ladder. I'm going to restructure some troop trees a bit, with the aim of increasing weapon diversity (some troops use more-or-less the same equipment at rank 1 as they do when fully upgraded, which is kind of boring,) and bolstering some of the more overshadowed troop lines.

I'll probably upload an updated version sometime next week. I was originally going to do it earlier, but I decided that since the revised map wasn't going to be savegame-friendly, now was a good time to implement a few more big changes.

>>21004622
Nice work. That had been on my "to do" list for a long time.

>> No.21005012

>>21004768
>made the Great Mausoleum tower reachable via a 110 meter long ladder
What a thrill.

>> No.21005670
File: 620 KB, 1920x1080, rampslaughter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really love that how, despite how weird/broken/pointless some things seem, it all comes together at the perfect moment to help you or screw you over. Tenshi probably single-handedly saved my castle with a single earthquake rock landing perfectly on top of the attackers' ramp letting us annihilate a massive chunk of the enemy army with only one or two losses. I even managed to capture Byakuren out of it.

>> No.21006019
File: 246 KB, 1366x768, 20190316171209_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21001747
Holy fuck.

>> No.21006352

>>21005670
I had Tenshi save my ass that way once as well. I was facing practically the entire SDM, and backed up only by a tiny garrison, Orin, and Lunasa. The ramp got blocked right after the SDM officers reached the battlements, and after they fell the rest of the SDM force was slowly massacred by oni and daoshi crossbowmen. I kept picking up new repeating crossbows after my old one ran out of ammo, and at the end I gained over ten levels from all the experience.

>> No.21006589

Is the "A fire knows no more" the quest where a Scarlet Messenger is supposed to come out?

>> No.21006637
File: 145 KB, 1366x768, 20190316164958_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tinder modder here. Somehow I managed to get a hold of one of the Chinese modders and had a short chat with him. He answered a few of my questions and revealed a lot of things.

To make the Scarlet Messenger appear "300 renown, and you also should have a total of 50 people"

I asked him why the map was so spread out and empty, his answer was "players are tired of doing the same things from mod to mod
so there should be some new stuffs, you should see some moon base on the map, that's one of them"

I asked him what Earth Monitors were for and he said "well they are supposed to be the challenges for skilled players, but the troops are just too strong for players so they are not allowed to be captured. These parties only provide chances for players to get the rifles they use, But the possibility is higher if you attack the bases, although there are only three in the map. If you don't get anything then the UI of loots will not come out.

As far as the state of the mod goes he said that things are difficult because "we are facing the shortage of programmers and other parts as well" as well as having "players are complaining all the days" about the mods balance, which he expanded on and said "lol, the balancing of data is one of the most difficult part for us."

The interesting part is that he said "actually i want to invite you and your team join us to globlize this mod." Once I figure out how exactly they communicate (apparently they use QQ so you'll need to make an account) I'll share that info with you guys so anyone who wants to work on the mod can communicate with them to see what they have planned and share resources.

>> No.21006678

>>21006637
Holy shit, man, that's pretty cool. You're doing god's work.

>> No.21006687

>>21006678
I met some Chinese guy when I played Touhou Big Big Battle on Steam and I remembered he played Mount & Blade a lot. I made a lucky guess that he would know the mod devs.

>> No.21006704

>>21006637
Thanks for your hard work anon. Although

>The interesting part is that he said "actually i want to invite you and your team join us to globlize this mod." Once I figure out how exactly they communicate (apparently they use QQ so you'll need to make an account) I'll share that info with you guys so anyone who wants to work on the mod can communicate with them to see what they have planned and share resources.
Chinks are some of the most untrustworthy people on the planet. They'd glady run anybody over with a bus, and then reverse it to drive over you again if it would benefit them. I'd be extremely cautious about working with them to any extent unless you're doing so with the thought that they might screw you over massively. Just look at the state Origins was in after they abandoned it. It's only remotely playable now thanks to a /jp/sies hard work.

>> No.21006732

>>21006704
I've got personal experience regarding the trustworthiness of a chink. They seem friendly but if they're going to expect me to work without even me help or the source code it's not going to work well for them and I won't offer them anything. I'll continue modding Tinder regardless cause I think it's very fun so don't worry about that. Here's hoping that things work out well!

>> No.21006916

Alright. I'm dumping more siege map stuff again. A little earlier than I was going to, but the map I just did called for it.

>Myouren Temple
The attacker's army spawns right next to the enemy, which is a little weird. On top of that, the attacking army decides it wants to take the longer path around rather than simply up the ladder in front of it where all the enemies are. It's not a problem, but it's odd. I also feel like the entirety of the map isn't being used to its full potential. It has a lot to explore, and yet almost none of it is used. Although, that may have been due to there only being roughly 150 units on defense, but it's something to look into. No issues otherwise.
>Palaquin Ship
This is a good map. Only little issue I found is that you/AI can fall outside of the walled area of the map just up the first ramp attackers use. I recall it just being a simple hole in a fence. Up to you if you want to fix it or not.
>Sky Docks
Cool map. Little scary on the bridge. Defenders seem to spawn just off of the platform so a lot of them can't move properly and some are stuck running.
>Forest of Magic
Did I do this one? I don't recall. It's just a big fence and enemies spawn behind it. Nothing crazy. Some defender troops get stuck under the platforms and AI can't get to them. Not enough that it's a big deal though.
>Magic Library
I didn't actually get to do this one. My marshal has been stupidly effective in taking and defending things. I think I recall there being discussion about fixing it though?
>Tsukumogami Castle
Standard castle. Good enough.
>The Gatehouse
This map is fine enough but I want to note a few things that may or may not be a problem. There are some 'holes' in the castle that I haven't gotten stuck in, but I'm unsure if people can. Also, one of the entrances to the towers is almost completely covered by a wall.
>Hakurei Shrine(again)
So, attackers actually get stuck on the stairs at the very beginning it seems. So no attackers end up getting very far at all.

Now for the big problem one.
>Misty Lake
Who ever would have thought this was a good idea? Was this literally just one of the unfinished sieges? I'll list the problems out. One, attackers start super far away, basically underwater. Half of their army will not leave there. The defenders are all the way up in the sky. I'm able to hit a few of them, but to give you an idea, everything is a difficulty 10-12 shot. There is no way to reach the platform and the map itself seems to only have textures on top. In other words, attackers basically see a half-untextured mess, a huge ladder that they can't reach, and a platform way in the air carrying 99% of the defenders. Meanwhile, a few will spawn underwater which you will need to clear out by going under yourself. For once, I would honestly just suggest redoing this one from scratch, unless the fix is simply moving the platform and everything down. Though, the spawning issue for attackers still needs addressing. Hope that helps. I won't know if there are any issues about defenders spawning because they all looked like ants.

>> No.21006946
File: 249 KB, 850x852, __mishaguji_and_moriya_suwako_touhou_drawn_by_hito_komoru__sample-fa6b4dbc29c6c9a9fcd7fa55016a4db9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really do like that we are modding mount and blade. At least it kills off time waiting for bannerlord

>> No.21006953

>>21006946
I hope someone makes a 2hu Bannerlord mod as soon as the game comes out.

>> No.21007084

>>21006953
So, never?

>> No.21007085

>>21006953
I hope Bannerlord allows for more modern modifications.

>> No.21007113

>>21007085
My fear is that the mount and blade modding community will either be completely gone by then or Bannerlord has less comprehensive mod tools, so you have a situation similar to the Starcraft 2 custom game scene being wholly inferior to Warcraft 3.

>> No.21007228

>>21006637
This is why the 2hu fandom is HELLA based
We global yo :3

>> No.21007354

>>21006916
>Clock Tower
This one is fine.
>Border Shrine
Also fine.
>Garden of the Sun
This one causes crashing as you approach it. Either that, or just mine does. It did it three times in the same spot.
>Sealed Darkness
This one is fine.
>Lily Castle
Only thing to note is the hitbox of the bottom part of the wall on the tower area where several archers spawn extends past the actual model. Makes it very difficult to hit anyone inside with a ranged attack.
>Western Mansion
Standard castle. Nothing wrong.
>Misty Palace
This seems to be the same as Magic Library. No problems.
>Onsen Town
This one is fine.
>Dark Blowhole
Also fine.
>Scarlet Devil Mansion
I was expecting this one to be the most polished. Instead, the castle is floating well above where it should so you can't even go up. And then it crashed on me after I sat there pelting arrows at them for a long while. Huge letdown considering this mod had such a hard-on for SDM. So that's nice.

That concludes all the SDM maps and a few of the Chireiden maps. I'll do one last go for them soon.

>> No.21007378

>>21006589
Yes. Now you just grind renown and hope for the best.

And just in case you end up wondering, it's not really a "quest" that gets finished, more like a journal entry, showing you the progress of the story.

>> No.21007423

>>21007378
Thanks.

>> No.21007434

Alright, just finished talking with the Chinese. They have a group on QQ (Chinese chat client, sorta like IRC) they use for modding and they invited me to it. Mod team is about 30 people over there, one of which was actually in charge of English localization so he was a bit astounded when he realized we already did all that work for them.

I managed to convince the head admin or modder or whatever of the group to share the source code with me but he's fairly paranoid about sharing it openly since apparently some guy ran off with the source code and used it in other mods. Not sure why it's that big of a deal but I can't openly share it because of that. I can however help out anyone who wants to join and talk to them do so. Making a QQ account is pretty difficult since you need a Chinese phone number so they helped me with that part and said they'd be willing to help anyone else who wants to join. If anyone else wants to go talk to them or figure out how the hell the mod works just let me know and I can share my Steam/Discord/Email/IRC room/whatever and I can connect you to the head modder so he can help you join the group. Just let me know if you're interested.

As for me, I'm gonna use this source code to hopefully fix this god damned mess.

>> No.21007494

>>21007434
>chinks gave you the code so you can fix their shit for them
>but we can't make a unified /jp/ 2humod
Good with the bad, I guess.

>> No.21007500

>>21007494
What do you mean by unified /jp/ 2humod? Give me your vision for it. Cause I got the source code now so nothing is particularly hard to implement anymore. I'll give the Chinese all the translations but if the /jp/ vision for the mod is better than the Chinese one, I'd much rather work on the /jp/ with this.

>> No.21007511

>>21007500
Taking the best parts of the two mods and having both our resident modders work on the same one, basically. All these improvements to the origin maps should be used in conjunction with the superior tinder scripts. And if you can do that while wholly de-chingrishing the lot and removing odd things like triggers that kill you instantly, then it'll be something nice.

>> No.21007521

Editor Anon here.

I'm starting work translating the Tinder's Engrish into natural English, but I'd like some help from some anons who are far deeper into Touhou lore than I am.

Basically, I'd like to know all the speech/personality quirks of these characters, if any, so I know to consider them during dialogues.

I'll start with Chapter 1 so I need these characters:

Rinnosuke
Kosuzu
Tokiko
Akyuu

And there seem to be Chinese names scattered everywhere, and I don't know what is what:

Xiaoling (Is this Kosuzu?)
Linzhizhu (I think this might be rinnosuke)
Zhuluzi
Bitian (I'm pretty sure this is Hieda since it pops up in Akyuu' name, but just to be sure)
Yuerli (context says this is Akyuu's mother/father)

Minglian_Temple (one of these is myouren, the other is senkai, can't tell which)
Shenling_Temple (one of these is myouren, the other is senkai, can't tell which)
Xianglintang
Senjin
Renli

>> No.21007532

>>21007511
I'm willing to do that but I'd probably need to one-on-one communicate with Origins anon to agree on what parts we should keep and what we should discard from the respective mods.

>> No.21007557

>>21007532
Anon who has been doing the siege map reports here. Before I say anything, does Tinder use the same maps as Origins? If so, that's helpful at least.

That said, I do have some concerns. There seems to be a differing opinion on how the map size should be. I and a few others preferred the more condensed map with a landscape that resembled Gensokyo. I haven't seen the Tinder map fully but it seems like that is not the case in that one? I'm willing to compromise on a map we can all agree with because I think combining will be better off that continually working on two separate projects. Up until now its been fine because what the two modding anons have been working on is relatively disjoint and most updates on Origins have been held due to them not being save-friendly. I've only got a few more maps to do reports on and I can speed that up if need be. This is just my opinion, but I think it might be in the best interest of both projects to conglomerate.

>> No.21007562 [DELETED] 

>>21007557
Many maps have been changed. Fixed, mostly, though others are broken in different ways.

>> No.21007564

>>21007521
Rinnosuke is half human half youkai, he's pretty disinterested in most things, would rather relax by himself, but if he starts explaining something that others don't know he's typically long-winded

Kosuzu is fairly clueless usually, but otherwise kind, though she's also a little narcissistic because she has a unique power

Tokiko doesn't really get many lines, I think it's literally one just saying "hey give me my book back"

Akyuu speaks as someone who has a lot of knowledge, and therefore explains things anytime someone seems even slightly confused, she also talks to herself fairly frequently

Also you should probably look at a wiki or listen to other anons too because my descriptions are probably a little biased.

>> No.21007570

>>21007557
No. Many scenes are shared but many are also different, and in many cases fixed.

I don't mind Origins map at all but it's smashed together so heavily in the middle that it's actually detrimental to things like trade caravans, patrols, and bandits. When all those are smashed together you get the gigantic caravan hell stacks because they fight each other so often. I agree that Tinder is far too large and empty, and I'm actually working towards fixing that.

>> No.21007572

>>21007557
Many maps have been changed. Fixed, mostly, though others are broken in different ways.

Regarding the overworld, I'm pretty content with the job Tinder anon did with Tinder's map. Before it was way too fucking huge, and while technically, the map size didn't change, his moving of all the towns and villages closer together made all the difference and I'm a happy camper. The map isn't tiny in any respect, but I think it's in a good place.

>> No.21007586

I feel there should be a compromise between the two overworlds.
One is too cramped with too much shit happening at once, the other is too sparse and devoid of detail. Though I do like the idea of the human settlement being a four city sprawl.

>> No.21007594

>>21007572
>>21007570
So the size is being toned down a bit? That's good. I do agree that several places are too packed together, but I also don't like the absolute opposite of far apart.

>>21007586
>One is too cramped with too much shit happening at once, the other is too sparse and devoid of detail.
This is what i would like to see. I'm fine with it spreading out a bit, but I certainly do not want a bunch of flat land.

>> No.21007609

>>21007594
To the best of my abilities. The problem is that I have pretty good idea for how to readjust the map to make gameplay more enjoyable, but I'm a terrible 3d modeler so I can't make it look very good. So I'm trying to find a way to reposition settlements that doesn't look like hot trash.

>>21007521
I should be able to make a cheat sheet for you. Maybe not for tonight but probably by tomorrow.

>> No.21007616

>>21007609
>I should be able to make a cheat sheet for you. Maybe not for tonight but probably by tomorrow.
Thanks, no problem.

>> No.21007658

>>21007521
>>21007521
Xialing is Kosuzu
Linzhizhu is Rinnosuke
Zhuluzi is Akyuu
Bitian is Hieda
Yuerli should actually be Child of Miare
Minglian is Myouren
Shenling is Senkai
Dream Land is actually Gensokyo
Xianglintang and Senjin confuse me a bit, but one is Kourindou and they're saying he's a lord of the Hakurei Shrine faction.
Renli is probably the Human Village.
Let me know if you need anything else.

>> No.21007741
File: 228 KB, 1472x1544, 1377071458533.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Gotta say. This thread reminds me of the golden years of /tg/ where shit got done.
Keep it up you beautiful bastards, but try not to burn out.

>> No.21007772

So it turns out the Chinese guys had been hand editing everything for years. They never bothered downloading a mount and blade text editing tool, they just did everything in .txt files. Holy shit. Buncha brainlets.

>> No.21007782

>>21007658
There is actually, an early dialogue inside Koumakan refers to "Red Magic Nobles". I'm pretty sure this was a Chinese word translated literally word for word, losing its true meaning. Any clues?

Specifically, it's the tavern keeper saying _There_are_lots_of_((Red_Magic_Noble))_in_this_city

>> No.21007788

>>21007772
Jesus christ china get it together.

>> No.21007793

>>21007772
Is there a tool that'll help me more easily edit the conversation.txt and menu.txt for the translation? Notepad++ is pretty difficult. I only know the one to edit troops, items and gameplay-type stuff.

>> No.21007804
File: 48 KB, 1440x781, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21007793
Are you just having trouble with the "_" stuff between every line? I don't really care if you edit everything properly parsed cause I can go back and fix that myself. Or is there something else making it difficult?

The source file for dialog looks like this if that's easier for you to edit. I can actually upload that for you since the decompiler is able to extract that very easily.

>> No.21007820

>>21006916
>>21007354
Thanks for the info once again. Some of these I've already addressed, including building an entirely new castle for Misty Lake and relocating the focal point of the Myouren Temple scene. I knew there was one more broken floating castle somewhere, but I fogot it was the SDM itself.

>>21006637
>>21007434
That's pretty cool. I'm surprised they have such a large team. A lot of the assets are clearly made by different people, but I was assuming they'd just been taken from different sources and adapted for use in Warband for the most part.

>>21007511
The trouble there is coming to an agreement on what constitutes the best parts of each mod, which might be difficult. As it stands, the two mods offer somewhat different experiences, and I don't think there's really anything wrong with that. That isn't to say I have anything against the idea of collaborating with Tinder-anon, just that I'm unsure how compatible our visions of the ideal mod are, and about whether a series of compromises would result in a product most in the community considered to be superior. I also still need to spend more time with Tinder in order to get a better feel for what all I like and dislike about it.

In any event, a lot of the things I'm doing now will be useful for a hypothetical merged mod anyway, should such a thing come about. My scene fixes are far superior to the crude ones I've seen in Tinder, which is why I haven't just been porting them over.

>>21007609
I'm not committing to anything here, but I will note that while my 3D modeling skills aren't great, they are up to the task of altering map topography. As it stands, I'm more fond of the Origins map, both because I generally like things being closer together, and I feel the Tinder map lacks the verticality of the Origins map. Despite the fancy new terrain features and icons, which I like, a lot of the Tinder map seemed somehow bland. I haven't seen what adjustments you've already made yet, though, and I still need to spend more time with the mod to see how that influences my opinion. I am open to the idea of things being more scattered than they are in the central area of Origins, and of the factions in general having their holdings be less clustered around one focal point.

>> No.21007831

>>21007741
/jp/ - Autism-driven Ingenuity

>> No.21007862

>>21007804
Not just that, but there's the unnecessary numbers before and after every line that I'm wary of touching.

I would have an easier time if I could edit it in the format of your pic, but I also couldn't easily test it for syntax errors. I might end up giving you something you'd need to debug before using.

>> No.21007866

>>21007085
>>21007113
Talesworld said that Bannerlord is going to be made with much more easier modding capability. Interview sometimes ago.

>> No.21007867
File: 103 KB, 500x500, 1539530307662.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

God speed anons

>> No.21007870

>>21007866
actually nevermind, got the source
https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1464090667824385857

>> No.21007926

>>21007820
I completely agree with the verticality problem. Flat land makes for uninteresting gameplay because there are no chokepoints, strategic points of control, it's all just a field. One of my goals is to rectify that.

As far as vision for the mod goes, I'm available to discuss that with you at any time that you want. Just let me know.

>> No.21008005
File: 339 KB, 1920x1000, rewritten_story.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just about finished with the first scene. The original is this horrible google-translate tier garbage, so it's turning out more of a rewrite than a simple grammatical edit. Nonetheless, I aim to preserve as much of the original meaning (as far as I am able to divine) as possible while making it flow better and read easier.

That said, I'm probably only going to touch the dialogues and narration prompts, so don't expect the quests or anything else to be changed.

>> No.21008019

>>21008005
Dude take as long as you want on that. It's not critical and it probably hurts your head to even work on it so I don't mind if it takes anywhere from a month to half a year to do that.

>> No.21008034

>>21008019
I complain a lot, but half of it is in jest. I do it because I like it. The story, however simple, was quite fun, so I want to do it justice so that anons could appreciate it more.

>> No.21008083

>>21007926
Until I spend some more time with Tinder, probably the best I could do is write out some stream-of-consciousness thoughts on what I like and dislike seeing in Warband mods in general and such. It's hard for me to say what I would want to keep/dump from it without having a better feel for its features. I was turned off pretty quickly when I initially tried Tinder by the map, the re-use of busted assets (like the banners and many siege scenes,) and gameplay features being locked behind quests.

>> No.21008111

Should we get some dialog written for the CGs and the Lunar Rabbit interrogations? I don't even know if the interrogation is supposed to glean you anything though.

>> No.21008124

>>21008111
There already is dialogue in the Chinese version, it's in one of the spreadsheets in the languages folder. Problem is I have no idea which of those ones it's in and the best we could do to figure out what they say is run it through google translate.

>> No.21008125

>>21008111
I'd love it if some anon could write some cute dialogue for the CGs. I've never seen the Lunar Rabbit interrogations, though...

>> No.21008134

>>21008124
>>21008111
>>21008125
Found it. If you look under the languages folder and in game_strings.csv, the Chinese version of the cg dialogue starts at line 3257.

>> No.21008137

>>21008019
I will take as long as I want. Why don't you help?

>> No.21008207

>>21008137
Don't be rude, anon.

>> No.21008519

>>21008134
Alright got it, I'll make sense of it.

>> No.21008550

>>21008134
>>21008519
Rather, I'll translate it and then English-itize it for us. If someone else is already doing it, I'll letcha do it yourself though.

>> No.21008584

Story text incoming, sue me if these tags don't work.

Daiyousei: Cirno [Embraces her]! It's wonderful! You're still alive, they didn't lie to me!

Cirno: Dai...yousei? Impossible, you're dead. You died. You...

Daiyousei: Yes, I survived too. I'm real.

Cirno: Daiyousei...

Daiyousei: But look! I found you! I'm here now! Ahhh!

Cirno: I.. I... [Cirno trembles, a tear forming in the corner of her eye]

Daiyousei: Don't cry Cirno, we're still alive, this is the best, right? [She wipes the tears off Cirno's cheek]

Cirno: Daiyousei, you're right... It's real... I miss you! [Cirno said while crying]

Daiyousei: Don't cry stupid! We just found each other... You can't help but cry about this kind of thing! But smile and laugh Cirno! You just have to laugh, no matter what difficulties there are, it's always good if you smile! So laugh, come on and laugh so I can too!

Daiyousei: That's right! That's the Cirno I know! [She buries her head deeper into Cirno's hug]

Cirno: Daiyousei?

Daiyousei: Cirno, I really, missed you.

>> No.21008588

>>21008550
Go for it it, anon. -Editor Anon

This >>21008137 isn't me, by the way.

>> No.21008598

>>21008584
>Fairies
>Staying dead
Cirno is a baka

>> No.21008636

After putting it off for a while, I got around to revising the Origins map further so that villages are assigned to castles/towns in a more reasonable fashion. I feel a little bad for Kyouko's position now: she's holding a lone fortress some distance from her allies, and surrounded by holdings belonging to Yukari, Youki, Ran, Alice, and Nitori.

>> No.21008645

>>21008584
I'll do other ones later.

Renko: Now no one's watching.

Maribel: Don't do this... Don't pinch my belly anymore!

Renko: Ah? Is Mari's waist thinner? Has the diet been successful?

Maribel: Of course! It's not as thick as before.

Renko: (Still being nice) Ah? Is it?

Maribel: (Extending her hand, holding a lotus seed) I'm controlling what I eat, like this lotus seed. It's a time-honored diet food.

Renko: (Kisses Maribel on the cheek) Well, I'm not eating it.

Maribel: Yeah! Lotus seeds are great for alcohol, so we can have a good shower tonight!

Renko: Hey, hey... Maribel? Would you like to help me wash?

Maribel: Renko, you're drunk already?!

Renko: I'm not drunk... Hehe...

Maribel: Renko... Wait a minute...

Renko: Well~~~~~ The little tale was all a lie... The mouth and lips, they have no taste...

Maribel: Renko! Stop.. Stop! Ahhh....

Renko: There is no smell in saliva, and no silver lining...

Maribel: It's a tall tale. It's already... Don't come closer!

Renko: Hey... Cool... There is a special kind of magic power... I always feel like there's something... I'm sleepy...

Maribel: Haha... It's really hard for you today... I'll rest too...

>> No.21008669

>>21008645
I lied. Here's the last CG.

Tenshi: Ha... The evening wind, the feeling is really comfortable.

Iku: Yes, it can't be enjoyed in the ruined building of Fujiwara Castle

Tenshi: Before you ask what I'll do in the future, I've already decided. Alright.

Iku: Oh? Isn't the Big Sister going to head up into the sky and build a new "Heaven"?

Tenshi: Don't make fun of me! Everybody's already tired of it.

Iku: Oh? The big sister's interest has become really fast.

Tenshi: it's not fun to become a gag, "she" is also the same.

Iku: Look at that person has taught you a lot. Now that you've achieved her goal, there's nothing more to make you happy....

Tenshi: I could travel.

Iku: What?

Tenshi: I mean, go on a trip! I've been in Fujiwara Castle for many years, and I have had no chance to go outside!

Iku: Now in the state of Gensokyo, these trips are very dangerous. Have you forgotten the experience of landing on the first day?

Tenshi: Well, I found a very reliable partner.

Iku: You've known them for a day, do you know what a reliable partner is...

Iku: Ah... Is it difficult to say?

Tenshi: Well!

Iku: Hahaha, it really fits the style of the big sister!

Tenshi: I believe in my intuition!

Iku: Well, no matter what you do, I won't leave you in the future.

>> No.21008687
File: 319 KB, 1814x990, rewritten_story.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here is the rewrite of the first chapter, as a sample. I'd like to know if anons find the style agreeable before I continue.

Just overwrite the two files in your root folder: https://mega.nz/#!s9RHFYYZ!qKUj7N7rgkeELUs701IclipK3tOc5B_ZaNtBjantihM

Also, tinder anon, I've made up my mind. Please give me the source version for conversation and menus. I'd just spent the last hour fucking around with the syntax and I don't want to deal with that again.

>> No.21008811

>>21008687
Yeah, the font is good and the writing style is reminiscent of how the games are translated. Makes it a bit charming.

>> No.21009040

Just started playing this and holy fuck what's up with the beginning? why is everything floating? I started with the yari and I was pretty much fucked because the enemy spawned inside a box up in the air. Also why do some NPCs have no heads?

>> No.21009050

>>21009040
Just a wee bit of jank there. But you can actually hit that Youkai with jump swings whenever she leans in to attack.

>> No.21009077

>>21009050
Anytime that jank's going to be fixed?

>> No.21009209

>>21009077
Pretty soon now. I've been working on a whole bunch of scene fixes to address those issues.

>> No.21009242

>>21009209
nice, also what's up with that unset thing at the start of every battle?

>> No.21009504
File: 26 KB, 400x400, 1447720952507.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21007820
I hope you continue to work on Origins. I like its simplicity in just being a giant sandbox with 2hus dropped in it and you're free to do as you like off the start, the factions being somewhat close also means there's a lot of chaos and interaction going on no matter where you are.

>> No.21009668

>>21009242
You have a character with a special ability in your battle. Maybe Tenshi, or maybe you happen to own a weapon that has a special ability an NPC can use. The Jank that be, for the time being, simply brings up the dialog to tell you that's the case.

>> No.21009853

>>21008687
Here you go. I also realized there's a 3rd option that might be easier. If you go to the languages > cns > dialogs file the syntax is very simple. The downside is that you'll have to find where to plug the English text into the Chinese text. Up to you to do whichever method is easiest.

https://mega.nz/#!85gXFC4B!LvK1T5doRafRoyPVjyX1fBltRFOIGCH8QsHKhohr3OY

>> No.21010127

>>21009668
I have maribel, renko and gengetsu on my team, do they have special abilities?

>> No.21010147

Which bunny do I gotta snuggle to progress the Fujiwara event?

>> No.21010451

>>21010147
After an hour of zoning the map, I've spoken to every bunny I can see and threatened to kill them all multiple times to no avail. I'm not presented with any other options, and I can't see anything out of place (other than some apparently gills-blessed rabbits in the rivers). I wish anybody who gets to this point of the story better luck than me.

>> No.21010601

>>21010451
>>21010147
I just talked to a bunch of bunnies and ventually the one outside of the fenced area that looked like a Tewi, between two Reisens, that one worked for me.

>> No.21010652

>>21010601
Do you recall getting a bunch of red errors across the left side of your screen and/or the dialog all just being "Prepare to die!" or "We'll leave you alone." I'm seriously not getting any luck with the rabbits.

>> No.21010669

>>21010652
I definitely remember the red errors but the dialogue worked correctly. I just asked the Chinese guys too and they said it was a common problem that they haven't figured out the solution to. They're a bit dumb sometimes though so I'll take a look at the quest files and see if I can come up with a fix.

>> No.21010686

>>21010652
Alright, try reloading your save. If that doesn't work then there's actually a cheat menu you can use to skip scenes. Turn on cheats in the launcher before you load the game and then go to the camp menu ingame to access the cheat menu and skip it.

>> No.21010699

>>21010686
Thanks for looking into it by the way.

I've tried reloading my save a bunch of times already with no difference in results. Unfortunately - my save also happens to be inside the village, so I just start at the scene again and I'm locked there. I think that means no access to the camp menu. If that means this character is FUBAR that's fine by me though, I can progress to that point again and see if doing something differently changes the results.

>> No.21010704

>>21010699
Just download a savegame editor and put your character in a different scene.

>> No.21010730

>>21010704
Noooot a bad solution. I don't know why I didn't think of doing that to begin with. Thanks again.

>> No.21010809

>>21010451
Is it the part where you get pickpocketed? Or the one after?

If it's the former, you just follow the tewi all the way across the map, past a lake. If it's the latter, I just asked like the first 5 or so bunnies I saw the last or second-to-last option (something like did you see someone running, or similar). There shouldn't be anything similarly difficult after that.

>> No.21010824

>>21010809
It's the one after. That dialog option wasn't present when I was trying before. Just the two options of fight me and okay I'll leave you be. I ended up just following the suggestion to use the savegame editor to roll myself forward though.

>> No.21010909

>>21010824
Huh. That's strange. Something might have fucked up for you. Good luck, anon.

>> No.21011752
File: 907 KB, 1920x1080, yande.re 422735 cirno dress gengetsu_chihiro touhou wallpaper wings.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just found this shit, and wanted to say good job to you magnificent faggots. I tried a couple years back to get other anons into origins but it never worked out, so thanks for making my autist dreams come true.

>> No.21012041

>>21009853
I could work with this, thanks. I'll try my best to keep to the syntax, but, basically, I'm counting on you for the implementation side, tinder anon.

This way, I could focus on the rewrite and little else.

>> No.21012087

>>21012041
Honestly if you're using the language files and you aren't deleting the lines that reference the file, you're basically doing the implementation yourself. You should see the changes appear ingame just by taking that file and putting it into the en language folder (just make sure to delete all the Chinese lines).

>> No.21012162

>>21012087
Ah, you're right. This works even better.

>> No.21012666
File: 538 KB, 1057x697, 987654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are they supposed to win this

>> No.21012678

>>21012666
I don't even know you got that to trigger. That's hilarious.

>> No.21012698

>>21012678
There's actually one at the Misty Lake too. This is the dead beginning of the game before you even enter Koumakan for the first time.

>> No.21012721
File: 575 KB, 659x641, 512b7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21012698
Forgot image.

>> No.21012735

>>21012666
Honestly those Scarlet Knights can probably hold it by themselves.

>> No.21012756
File: 207 KB, 970x77, a39523f89a88f8b6e704467a94ad8841.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21012735
They just lost Misty Lake and Dark Manor

>> No.21012787
File: 393 KB, 1280x1025, 85e.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21012756
Losing to a faction without any lords. That must be embarassing.

>> No.21012806
File: 379 KB, 468x375, 3763.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's even going on anymore?

>> No.21012814
File: 394 KB, 543x698, 78967.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Remi no!

>> No.21012842
File: 2.12 MB, 2000x1440, MOM'S GONNA FREAK.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21012806
Fairy uprising now.

>> No.21012866
File: 387 KB, 509x350, complete global saturation.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It happened. Remilia survived her battle with the aid of Wakasagahime, but lost her home in the process.

>> No.21013106

>>21012866
It's okay. I'll comfort her.

With my huge, throbbing _hugs.

>> No.21013172

In Tinder, the village of Northwest Springs appears to be inaccessible.

>> No.21013182

>>21007354

I'm gonna dump a few more map things prematurely. Only have roughly 4-5 more to go before I complete the game.

>Deep Road to Hell
This is the first time I've seen a map with a siege tower needed. I'm wondering if it might be good to have a few more of these spread more evenly? Obviously not high priority though. This map is fine though.
>Earth Spirit Refuge
This one is fine.
>Ancient Watchpost
Really nice looking map. No real issues.
>Oni Outpost
Another neat map. No issues.
>Gates of Hell
Another flat, but nice looking map very contrary to the name. No issues.

And, as of fighting every single army, I decided to do a rankings of sorts based on how good they are.

>S Tier - Chireiden
This might be a bit surprising, but they simply just have no bad units. The Oni line does tons of damage and unfortunately for attackers, their keeps/cities tend to have the maxed out Onis which deal tons of damage. Kashas are notoriously one of the best archers on top of being mounted so they are fine for sieges as well. Hell Ravens have ridiculous armor and decent damage. Crossbow Onis like all crossbows it seems, have very good defense and decent damage. Mounted Oni are simply Oni that get mounts it seems. Overall, the strongest faction.

>A Tier - Youkai Mountain, SDM
Though I'd put Youkai Mountain higher due to the mechas, you simply don't fight them enough. If you are considering this a tiering of just the units in general though, that would bump them to S easily. You simply don't face them in sieges or most lord armies. Possibly something to change. I think enough has been said about the mechas. Ridiculous armor, a shield, ranged. Could be argued as the best unit in the game. All the Tengu lines are great. Enough said. Priestesses don't seem to get mentioned much, but they tend to be the biggest killers. A Wind Priestess 3 can instantkill a high level PC from full health. They could be argued for S even without the Mechas being in standard armies and on defense.

SDM has great ground units. All the maids do great damage aside from crossbow maids, who have good survivability. They all have shields which can stop a lot of ranged attacks. Scarlet Knights and Chaos Knights are very dangerous, even somewhat so in sieges. Overall, a solid set of units.

>B Tier - Hakurei Shrine
Mikos are very good units no matter which of the two you have. Youkai Exterminators are decent, but I'd hardly call them anything special. Miko Archer 6 is almost comparable to a good Wind Priestess 2/3. Unfortunately this faction has very little unit variety. But what it does have is good/decent.

>C Tier - Netherworld
Spirits are okay. Blademasters are really okay. The really good stuff is the Kitsune and Bakeneko units. These do great damage. Specifically the Kitsune. These along with the decent spirits keeps it above the bottom tier.

>D Tier - Lunarian Renegades, Senkai, Myouren
Lunarian Renegades, I can keep simple. Moon Rabbits are great, and the best gunners in the game I would say. Not enough to carry the rest of the army though. Earth Rabbits are bad. They need a bit of buffing equipment-wise and variety wise in my opinion.

Senkai is really forgettable. Daoshis are meh. Jiagshis are decent. They need a lot more variety.

Myouren is what people consider the worst faction. This is probably because despite having some of the most unit variance, a lot of that variance doesn't show up. Werewolves and Mermaids are fine I guess. They have the Divine Servants which could be better. And then their main units arguable as bad as earth rabbits.

>> No.21013186

>>21013172
Yep I've got it fixed in my current revision. Should have a bug fix/general update released in the next few days.

>> No.21013371

>>21013186
I should also add Maid's Quarters is this sort of house with static people that you can't talk with. There are no real townspeople, no village elder, and, most imporantly, no "nervous man" for that quest where you hunt him down.

>> No.21013376

>>21013182
I mostly agree with your army rankings. Though none of the Underworld's units stand out as being particularly overpowered or anything, there really aren't any weak links in their troop trees. Every single one of their units poses a significant threat in pretty much any situation. I tend to have an awful lot of trouble assaulting their castles due to the surprising amount of ranged firepower they can muster: oni carry either throwing axes or crossbows, and the cavalry all have bows or "guns," so every single unit on the castle walls can often help muster a storm of projectiles at attackers. Max-rank oni have high enough skill ratings that it seems like they can hurl those axes accurately from a hundred meters away, which has caught me off-guard a few times.

>> No.21013398
File: 180 KB, 1366x768, 20190318034636_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21013371
This is going to give me fucking nightmares.

>> No.21013411

>>21012666
Is that a new event? I've never seen that.

>> No.21013460

>>21013411
Better question is if we can join them

>> No.21013475

>>21013460
Best question is if we can attack them and take home some fairy prisoners!

>> No.21013481

>>21013475
>Best question is if we can attack them and take home some fairy prisoners!
That is not the best question. That is perhaps the WORST question.

>> No.21013484
File: 164 KB, 2807x1714, Hakurei policy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The Chinese have some weird ass priorities for the game. Apparently they already have a danmaku system in the game, but instead of implementing it for tournaments or something fun they're trying to implement a Hearts of Iron 4 inspired policy tree. This is a WIP mockup of how it would work.

I don't think it's a terrible idea but just looking through the files they have so many unimplemented things that are already in the code that makes me wonder what sort of weird vision they have for this mod.

>> No.21013491

>>21013460
No, they just threaten to kill you.

>>21013475
Yes, infact I ended up doing that.

>>21013481
What is the best question period?

>> No.21013492

>>21013484
They're doing what? Did they forget somewhere along the way that this is Mount and Blade they're modding?

>> No.21013538

>>21013484
That's pretty cool
Are they going to add things like age progressions and town management from Nova Aetas?

>> No.21013551

>>21013491
>What is the best question period?
Bannerlord when?

>> No.21013557

>>21013484
Honestly, I'd just like to see these "Magic Circle" type weapons shoot more than one projectile per shot for the true danmaku feel. I swear, I've seen something like that before... Blood and Steel, was it?

>> No.21013560

>>21013551
CURSED QUESTION

>> No.21013571

>>21013492
DANMAKU on Mount and Fucking Blade

>> No.21013573

>>21013557
Making them into machine guns like Parabellum would probably make more sense

>> No.21013574

>>21013557
Show me an example of how that works in Blood & Steel and there's a very high chance I can just grab the triggers from that mod and plug them into those items.

>> No.21013578

>>21013574
Ah, man, it's a long time since I played it, but I seem to recall a blunderbuss or similar type weapon that, as you'd expect, did a shotgun-fire of bullets.

>> No.21013584

>>21013578
Was that just a particle effect or were there actual multiple projectiles?

>> No.21013592

>>21013584
Real ones.

>> No.21013600

>>21013578
I'm pretty sure I've also seen some mods with firearms capable of firing several shots. I'd take a look at The Reckoning Third Stage or The Parabellum since both of those are firearm-intensive mods. They both even have plane units.

>> No.21013674
File: 619 KB, 545x757, 534.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fairies aren't the most organized lot.

>> No.21013683

>>21013674
You see, anon, the attacking army is the Fairy Liberation Front, and they are attacking the city occupied by the Fairy Liberation Army.

>> No.21013688

>>21013674
Fairy Uprising = Fairy Socialists
Fairy Liberation Front = Fairy Despotic Supremacists

>> No.21013698

>>21013674
The army of the Misty Lake, approximately 100,000 strong, was setting up camp around the Scarlet Devil Mansion. The army's vanguard, a contingent of Lesser Fairies, crossed the Misty Lake nearby to scout for the presence of the SDM army. There was no sign of the SDM, but the fairies did run into a group of Kappa, who offered to sell cucumbers to the war-weary fairies. The fairies bought the cucumbers and started to drink.

Soon afterwards, some infantry crossed the river. When they saw the party going on, the infantry demanded alcohol for themselves. The lesser fairies refused to give them any of the cucumbers, and while still drunk, they set up makeshift fortifications around the barrels. A heated argument ensued, and one soldier fired a shot.

Immediately, the lesser fairies and fairy scouts engaged in combat with one another. During the conflict, some infantry began shouting "Maids! Maids!". The lesser fairies fled the scene, thinking that an attack from Remilia's army was imminent. Most of the infantry also ran away; the army comprised Fairy Maids, Sunflower Fairies, Bunny Fairies, and Ice Fairies plus other variants, many of whom could not understand each other. While it is not clear which one of these groups did so, they gave the false warning without telling the others, who promptly fled.

As the cavalry ran through the camps, a Fairy of Light reasoned that it was a cavalry charge by the Scarlet Knights, and ordered a barrage of danmaku fire. Meanwhile, the entire camp awoke to the sound of battle and, rather than waiting to see what the situation was, everyone fled. The fairies fired at every shadow, thinking the SDM soldiers were everywhere; in reality they were shooting fellow fairy soldiers. The incident escalated to the point where the whole army retreated from the imaginary enemy, and Fairy King Cirno was pushed off her steed and fell into the lake.

Two days later, Remilia's army arrived. They discovered dead and wounded soldiers and easily retook the Scarlet Mansion.

>> No.21013746

>>21013698
I wish I knew how to make new location-based events so I can sneak this in

>> No.21013809

>>21013698
What's funny is this actually happened, but with Austria and Habsburg royalty.

>> No.21013858

>>21013809
It's theorized this never actually happened, but is a fabricated defamation of the HRE.

>> No.21013878

In the camp screen and when talking to travelers, what does "upgrading your cosplay" mean?

>> No.21013902

>>21013878
It upgrades your cosplay
Since we have someone in dev team now we may even know what the upgrade does!

>> No.21013917

>>21013902
So does that mean we can get the outfits infantry and the 2hus wear then? I've only just started and there doesn't appear to be that many armors available for purchase.

>> No.21013926

So I charged into one of those forces of Fairy Rebels despite having nowhere near the numbers to do it. Fairies running at you with big ass swords, throwing axes, and plate armor is actually extremely menacing even if they do little to no damage.

>> No.21013967

>>21013917
The 2hu's equipment is fairly easy actually. If you make friends with a particular touhou, you'll receive a "get cosplay" option in dialog with them. From there, in your camp you can access the clothes.

They actually are pretty much comparable to the strongest armors in the game, so you're pretty much set if you wanna feel like mix n matching touhou attire.

>> No.21013977

>>21013967
>They actually are pretty much comparable to the strongest armors in the game
Damn, I was kinda hoping to roleplay as a generic kappa leading a battalion of fellow kappa to show all of Gensokyo the true might of kappa engineering.

>> No.21014064

>>21013977
You can still do that. But you look more like nitori clones taking over gensokyo

>> No.21014139
File: 535 KB, 991x1440, Nitori, head of the river kappa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21014064
It's not too far from the truth.

>> No.21014188
File: 59 KB, 400x400, 1538451900320.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21010127

>> No.21014241

So am I supposed to play Tinder or Origins?

>> No.21014546

>>21013600
Warsword Conquest has blunderbusses too.

>> No.21014838

Why is this mod so fucking hard? I seem to be having a hard time compared to native

>> No.21015132

>>21014188
You can check by opening their inventories and mousing over their equipment. You'll literally see UNSET in it, if the character's got one.

>> No.21015199

>>21015132
Is there some sort of list of 2hus with abilities and what they are?
Also do any of them have abilities outside of combat like Renko giving speed boost at night, Akyuu giving you list of lord personalities or Shinki spawning in demons?

>> No.21015273

>>21015199
I don't think anybody's taken the time to try. I can tell you that Tenshi can summon earthquakes, Alice can mass-spawn dolls.

>> No.21015593

>>21014241
Well, 995% of the information about Origins has been dumped. All I can gather from Tinder is that there is some sort of storyline to it.

>> No.21015808

>>21013878
>>21013902
"The touhou characters' clothes (aka cosplay) provide attribute buff for player who wears in battle. When you have a better relation with a character, her cosplay will upgrade and provide better buff."

>> No.21015822

>>21015808
So if I befriend Sariel could one technically say that I am being lent power of God?

>> No.21015833

>>21015822
Theoretically yes but they replaced Sariel as a companion with the incredibly boring Gengetsu.

>> No.21015871

>>21015833
I will have you know that Gengetsu is great 2hu
Not as cool as Sariel but she still has angelic wings that put her above most

>> No.21016440

>>21015822
There's still Shinki too, who is also some variety of god.

>> No.21016547
File: 415 KB, 611x314, shucks.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When I eventually beat the story and went back for the fairies, I cleared off the 990 strong army AND the 990 strong fairy force holding the Scarlet Devil Manor. There were so many fairies in the manor it required me to besiege it about seven times before I could kill them all.

Anyways, when I defeated them I got a dialog saying "You've driven the fairies out of town" and now the manor automatically went back to belonging to the Scarlet Devil faction. It has no banner, no garrison or anything of the sort so I don't know what's going to happen with it.

>> No.21016554

>>21016547
Why'd you have to go and do that? They could've made paradise out of that mansion.

>> No.21016607

>>21016554
Don't worry. They still have Misty Lake and Dark Manor, and a total combined forces of maybe 2500+ish fairies. I wholly intend to leave Misty Lake entirely alone.

>> No.21016677

>>21015833
They also replaced Singyoku with Chiyuri, which sort of makes sense since Yumemi is in there, but I wish they didn't *replace* people, and instead just kept adding.

>> No.21016694

Think there might be a way to make defeated lieges join your kingdom as opposed to fucking off into the netherworld, never to be seen again?

>> No.21016732

>>21016694
it would be more complicated than easy

>> No.21016749

>>21016694
I am unsure if that's possible without script extender and even then it would probably be bad idea outside of proof of concept mods like Undead Calradia

>> No.21016890

>>21015273
if it's origins, it's tenshi's sword technically

>> No.21017064

I've managed to add a multi-shot weapon to the game, so anon's wish for big danmaku barrages is probably going to come true. Now I just have to make it look pretty.

>> No.21017081

>>21017064
Just make them big glowy balls with slow speed
Works every time

>> No.21017092

>>21017064
Thanks for making my dream come true, anon.

>> No.21017143
File: 273 KB, 1366x768, 20190318191105_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

We're getting there.

>> No.21017156

>>21017143
Looks like it's time to play origins on lunatic

>> No.21017359
File: 408 KB, 1366x768, 20190318201243_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

More danmaku damn it! 95% complete, I've even got custom sound effects for it. Only problem is that I need to fix the fact that every particles do 0 damage per hit.

>> No.21017552

>>21017359
I sort of remember modding multi-shot weapons and (not sure anymore, too long ago) I believe both shot speed and projectile damage was set inside the trigger, i.e. the number on the weapon stats are ignored apart for the "main" projectile.

>> No.21018247

>>21016694
>Think there might be a way to make defeated lieges join your kingdom as opposed to fucking off into the netherworld, never to be seen again?
Do it the same way you would in Warband. High honor, low notoriety.

>> No.21018380

>>21018247
The kings not the lords.

>> No.21018387

>>21018380
Kings never bow their heads to those of lower stature.

>> No.21018539

Where can I find tenshi?

>> No.21018545

>>21018539
Are you in Origins or Tinder?

In Origins you'll just have to check taverns as she's one of the roaming companions. In Tinder, she's a story character and you'll have to progress through the story for her.

>> No.21018548

>>21018545
Origins, oh so she's not region specific? good to know

>> No.21018549

>>21016694
I wouldn't mind having defeated faction leaders stay in the game, and I have a vague idea of how it could possibly be accomplished and balanced. It might be beyond my ability to implement, though, and it would be a lot of work in any case.

>> No.21018579

>>21018549
Maybe the only thing I can think of is adding them to the game as companions with some kind of trigger before they start appearing.

>> No.21018607

>>21018579
My idea was similar: to basically have a standard lord version of each of the faction leaders that is introduced to the game after the faction leader is exiled. Perisno has lords showing up after the start of the game, so it seems like it should be possible with the right trigger.

>> No.21020180

>>21017143
>can be a Kampfer
neat

>> No.21020185
File: 1.12 MB, 500x281, 49A90FEB-3913-4962-842D-66808B7EC39C.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21017064
GIMME

>> No.21020202

>>21020185
I should be able to put out an update either tonight or tomorrow night. You'll get it soon enough anon.

>> No.21022689

>>21020185
Back to your room Flan.

>> No.21022759

>>21013182
Here's the last of the maps. With this, I've finished Origins. Ending level was 45, ending gold was roughly 82m(banks are stupid). Chireiden was by far the hardest faction to beat.

>Gates of Hell
I'm updating this. Sometimes troops can get stuck on the bridge I think. I walso want to note that the towers the defenders have are really out of the way in both a meaningless and annoying manner.
>Chireiden
Some of the slopes on the roof you can't walk up properly, for some reason its fine on some part of a side of the roof, but suddenly you can start to slide off. Some of the ladders have been boarded up for some reason as well. There is also a tower where rangers can spawn and sometimes a ranger can become untargetable while still being able to shoot.
>Ancient City
Really cool map. Unfortunately, a load of units like to get stuck on the right side of the tunnel you spawn in. The first time it was a decent amount, but the second time it was the majority of my army. When they do manage to get free, ranged units don't want to use ranged attacks, however. Overall, this was a pain in the ass to capture due to the sheer amount of times I had to siege it and kill most things myself. Melee units also like to spawn on the railings as defenders, being completely useless. Meanwhile melee attackers like to stand directly under things on the walls trying to reach them.
>Former Hell
The only decent map of the Chireiden cities. The only thing I'd really change is the gross cave texture to something darker like a dark brown or gray.

I'm going to move onto Tinder with this. Should I just download the most recent link for it? I think some of the links have just been 'files that were updated.' Some clarification would be appreciated.

>> No.21022827

>>21022759
The one in the post works fine. Thanks for your hard work anon. I hope us /jp/sies can make a beautiful product together in the end.

>> No.21022833

>>21022759
If you want to wait like 2 hours I'm going to upload a new version of Tinder pretty soon. This one is mostly fixing units that had serious design overlooks, fixing Kingdom banners, giving items real market values, a few dialogue/translation refinements, and bug fixes.

If you want to play through a less refined version though to see what closer to vanilla is like go ahead and download the most recent link. The one in the thread is good to go.

>> No.21022890

After rescuing Cirno with Dai in your party and doing the battle, what's the next story trigger? Dai seems to have left the party too, can't find her anywhere

>> No.21022908

>>21022890
This one was a bit weird for me. I had to walk around south of the Myouren temple area to trigger a scene. But it also failed to fire off in one of my playthroughs.

If that doesn't work you can do this for any broken quest trigger. Enable cheats in the warband launcher then do ctrl+` on the world map and type cheatmenu. Then go to the camp menu and you should find a list of debug options that let you trigger the start of a chapter.

>> No.21023012

>>21022833
I'll wait then. If my goal is to find things that need fixing, no point in getting confused with things already fixed.

>> No.21023075

>>21022908
I was hoping I could trigger it without cheats, but if it broke for you too I guess there's no helping it. Thanks for the heads up, anon.

>> No.21023100

Good lord, Tinderanon. When you can, please put the exact triggers in the storyline quest descriptions.

>> No.21023156

>>21023075
It's just a total shitshow honestly. Getting to know the Chinese modders I came to realize that they pretty much add new features, let the bug piles up, and then continue to work on adding more features ontop of broken stuff instead of fixing it first. Bugs like broken triggers aren't new and some go back as far as Origins which was released 4 or 5 years ago. They just legitimately never bothered cracking open the files and fixing them, that's something I'm going to have to work on.

I guess the good news is that if there are so many bugs I'm basically shooting fish in a barrel and I won't have to work too hard to identify where the errors are.

>>21023100
Will add to my to-do list.

>> No.21023189

>>21023156
That seems to be a common theme with chinks, looking at the Era games' issues. None of them know how to develop things properly.

>> No.21023274
File: 174 KB, 1366x768, 20190316172913_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alrighty, here's the update.

https://mega.nz/#!owgH0SaA!PpnaeLHGYmKNPvHOuX1fzBObrurFoWpdQqB3omyEATo
Changelog: https://pastebin.com/dayq47Q2

This is the full module download. Please let me know if someone wants a partial download for the things changed (I just wanted to add a full download to prevent myself from irresponsibly leaving any changes out).

The majority of these changes should be savegame compatible. The stuff that definitely isn't savegame compatible are the banner fixes, some unit stat changes (changes to their inventory are savegame compatible though) and one map change I made to fix the Northwest Springs village. However even if something isn't compatible nothing should break your savegame.

This update is smaller than the last one. I'm going to probably take much longer to release the next major patch as I'm going to be tackling some pretty heavy bug and scripting issues.

>> No.21023323

>>21023274
I'd like a partial download, please.

>> No.21023337

>>21023323
https://mega.nz/#!A8hzUA4D!w1opWP_1qiMIM1sTN0TExIDVCLFJgGP2I4_q5_gAfIs

Here's hoping I didn't leave anything out.

>> No.21023390

Okay. Went human for full purist in Tinder. Is the quest supposed to start as soon as you get to the overworld map? Nothing happened. I'm gonna be going archer-1h weapon as per my usual, but an anon mentioned a gun being super good? Depending on what it does, I may dip into firearms which is something I've never done.

>> No.21023399

>>21023390
Did you make sure to start on Fresh Start of main quest mode? If so just walk around for like half a day and the quest will automatically begin. You can't recruit volunteers til you finish the first part of the storyline.

>> No.21023427

>>21023337
Thanks.

>> No.21023590

I started testing my recent changes to Origins, and so far it looks like I avoided breaking the mod. It'll definitely take some time to figure out how all this stuff is impacting the overall balance/flow of the game, though, so I'll need to spend some time actually playing it for a while before instituting any more big changes.

If the person who added the battle continuation stuff is around, would you mind sharing the source file? I forgot to ask earlier.

>> No.21023614

>>21023590
What were the changes?

>> No.21023675

>>21023614
I restructured several troop trees a little, created a few new units, added some new items and distributed them around, altered the troops recruited by lords and garrisons a bit, tried to tweak prosperity gain/loss a little, and weakened the bank considerably. It's been a while since the last update, so I'm probably forgetting a few things too. I've also fixed problems with 20+ battle scenes, including completely replacing one castle, but I've already tested most of those pretty thoroughly.

>> No.21023753

>>21023274
>Add more Touhou flare to weapons with boring visual effects (like the borderline useless Replica Third Leg).
I know that there is a whole bunch of mods with weapons that either explode or have piercing effect which would probably work for this

>> No.21023758

>>21023753
I managed to nab a bunch of really good ones from Blood and Steel. I managed to get some sort of MIRV effect on the control rod but I didn't want to add it to this version cause I wasn't sure what the hell that would do to balance.

>> No.21023764

>>21023758
>balance
Hahaha, fuck that shit. All you need to do is up the arms race with everyone else.

>> No.21023771

>>21023764
I totally agree, I just need a plan on which units to implement changes and how to change them. I don't want to make one unit extremely fun and unbalanced, I want it all like that. Peak performance is when everything is so overpowered that nothing is overpowered.

Of course this is after I manage to fix the absolute mess that this mod can be at times.

>> No.21023801

>>21023771
That's a fair cop, considering shortly after Origins got big, /jp/ went full Kappa Kampfer laser disco delite.

>> No.21023928

>>21023274
Hahahaha, the new spell glyphs are great fun.

Crashed my game, though. Using an old savegame with 30+ maid 3, 20+maid 4 as archers, and 40 kappa 3s as infantry. I don't know how well it's going to work with a new save game but I don't want to start a new character at the moment.

>> No.21023950

>>21023928
Yeah I realized that when I put like 50 Maid Shooters in the same party. The problem is that the glyphs leave behind arrows all over the ground after they're fired, so the particles can get to be too many and crash the game. I just gotta figure out a way to make arrows not appear after the glyph fires something.

Don't worry though its definitely not a savegame thing.

>> No.21023973

>>21023950
Ah, now that huge clump of arrows on the wall of the sdm now make sense.

One more thing though. I notice that the spread is centered to some point far to the upper-left of the crosshair. It became pretty obvious once I used the green danmaku which stuck out like a sore thumb among the flood of scarlet balls.

>> No.21023981

>>21023973
I might try to do something about it in the future but at the moment it seems like it doesn't screw with AI aiming too much so I wouldn't worry about it.

>> No.21024009

I'm slightly dissapointed that the sword of hisou isn't a sword made of fire

>> No.21024016
File: 367 KB, 1366x768, 20190320071042_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

AH FUCK I MADE IT WORSE, NOT BETTER

>> No.21024020
File: 248 KB, 1366x768, 20190320071324_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

God I'm such a moron. At least it looks pretty.

>> No.21024024

>>21024016
dear ZUN how do you dodge that?

>> No.21024033

>>21024024
Gotta get the miracle mallet, son

>> No.21024072

>>21024024
Shift for focus

>> No.21024256

How do I trigger magic powers?

>> No.21024263

>>21024256
Magic powers? First time I've ever heard of them. Do you mean stuff like Tenshi's earthquake sword?

>> No.21024271

>>21024263
That and the gohei you got from rinnosuke

>> No.21024292

>>21024271
Oh thats a quest item. I think you're supposed to take the Gohei to Reimu. All the other magic powers are just item triggers. The trigger depends on the item.

>> No.21024301

>>21024292
quest item? I'm playing origins though.
How do I trigger those item triggers?

>> No.21024317

>>21024301
Yeah it's an Origins thing. You take the blessed Shide to Reimu and you do some weird flashback sequence as Marisa.

Nothing special with item triggers. You just use them and they trigger as you use them. Like Remilia's Gungnir has an explosion trigger and all you have to do is throw it to activate it.

>> No.21024322

>>21024317
Ah I see.

>> No.21024584

>>21024009
I know for a fact that it's possible to make swords from fire in warband so it's possible change in future

>> No.21024597

>>21024317
So I tried talking to reimu with the blessed shide on my inventory but no option to give it to her, should I become a vassal to her first?
>>21024584
Please do

>> No.21025047
File: 449 KB, 989x875, kappa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21023590
>If the person who added the battle continuation stuff is around, would you mind sharing the source file? I forgot to ask earlier.
Of course. Here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!wokEDIQT!UbylVGL2Zp87G65vN92lbZt3LtqxLuo7BNobrIIXpdk

>> No.21025346
File: 116 KB, 1439x1534, 1545526042864.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I tried playing tinder for the first time and holy shit this dialogue is uncanny and what's with these chinese names?

>> No.21025607

>>21024597
she specifically needs to be in the shrine and you have to be holding it I believe.

>> No.21025766

So, siege map anon here. Started out Tinder. I will say that the map is large, but not unbearably so. If I had to choose between the clumpyness of Origins and the far-spread of Tinder, I think I'd go with the latter. That said, I still would like the map topology to have some variance(something already discussed here, but I digress.)

Haven't messed with units much so far, but I think Tinderanon has done significant work on these? Supposing a merge were to happen, I think I would like to have the best of each be used. I noticed Tinder has slightly better models on a lot of things. Blade Bunnies are an example. It's a lot of these things that I'm thinking Tinder would be a better base for it.

Lastly, the quest. Kosuzu a cute and I want to marry her. More seriously, I think this addition is really nice. It pretty much stops that very early game Warband grind by giving you enough exp to get to a decent level and gives you several NPCs, each with great party skills meaning you don't need to invest in them as much unless you want to get them beyond 10. Obviously the dialogue needs a lot of work, but I enjoyed it quite thoroughly. Something that was a little jarring however was the story dialogue for kosuzu and akyuu conflicting with their map story dialogue. (For instance, Kosuzu mentioning the location of her shop in some region when in the story you visit its ruins. Unless her parents made a second one?) Either way, if/when this gets polished, it'll be really nice.

Currently at the part after gathering information on zombies for Byakuren. Not actually sure what to do, but the answer is probably in the thread somewhere. My first guess is this is the first renown req quest. Hard to tell because the quest info is hard to understand. Either way, I'm enjoying myself thus far and I hope both versions continue to improve.

>> No.21025795

>>21025766
You need to attain a renown of 300 and have an army 50 strong. You'll get a little message about your infamy increasing and then you just need to be on the lookout for "Scarlet Messengers."

>> No.21025879

>>21025766
Tinder anon here, I pretty much agree with every single one of your opinions but I can offer some clarification.

As far as the map goes, I completely agree with the topology problem. I'd like to fix it but I know my talents and 3d modelling is definitely not one of them. So if this is something I fix myself, it's going to take time and learning efforts on my part. Believe it or not the map used to be even more empty.

>Haven't messed with units much so far, but I think Tinderanon has done significant work on these?
Very little actually. I think I've added 4 new units and fixed some nonfunctional units (stuff like Hell Raven 3's not even having a melee weapon or horse archers not having horse archery).

>It pretty much stops that very early game Warband grind by giving you enough exp to get to a decent level and gives you several NPCs
Completely agree, this was one of the best parts of the mod for me. As far as the story dialogue goes, one anon is working on polishing it right now.

>Something that was a little jarring however was the story dialogue for kosuzu and akyuu conflicting with their map story dialogue.
That's pretty much completely my fault. I plugged in Origins anon's dialogue changes to the game without considering that companions and map locations were changed. This is what I'm focused on fixing right now, but it's going to take time because creative writing is another thing I'm quite mediocre at.

>Currently at the part after gathering information on zombies for Byakuren
300 renown and an army of 50 units and you should get approached by a Scarlet Messenger. Sometimes even that doesn't work though so if you ever run into a completely broken cheat menu, launch the game with cheats, press ctrl+` ingame, type cheatmenu, open the camp menu, and there you can use mod options to trigger the start of a quest chapter.

>> No.21026079

>>21025879
If you want help with writing, you can always ask for help! Just post whichever bits of dialog or whatever you'd like rewritten and us anons can take a crack at it.

>> No.21026116
File: 140 KB, 1647x915, QQ_Photo20190318014549.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21026079
If you go to game_strings.csv in the languages folder, lines 273 to 368 are companion interactions with companions they either like or dislike. There's some stuff in there already from what Origins anon wrote but all the likes and dislikes changed in Tinder, so I'm having a tough time coming up with believable interactions between the party members. The new companion chart looks like this, with PC98 characters getting along with each other and disliking the Windows companions.

The other bits of dialogue aren't too hard to handle and I'm working on them myself right now.

>> No.21026627

>>21026116
I like this idea >>21026079
If you run into a roadblock just post specific character interactions you're having trouble with and anons can suggest dialogue. A lot of 2hus have dedicated anons who could probably write a believable interaction involving them. This way even anons not skilled in coding or models can contribute.

>> No.21026648

>>21026627
Alright, that's probably more useful than just listing out lines and saying "what do I do?"

On a side note apparently the Chinese wrote new dialogue for companions so I can take the best parts of it, and mix them with the dialogue we already have. If I run into any dialogue that looks like total crap I'll post it.

>> No.21026746
File: 213 KB, 1920x1080, 20190320215029_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21006916
I really wonder what were they trying to accomplish with Misty Lake. Was it simply abandoned halfway through and left like that?

>> No.21026787

>>21026648
The Chinese guys are really ambitious aren't they? Makes you wonder why the hell they dropped the project to begin with.

>> No.21026798

>>21026787
That's probably the very reason they dropped it.

>> No.21026832

>>21026787
>>21026798
Well they didn't drop it. They're still planning future releases. They're just really lacking in coordination, work ethic, communication skills, and pretty much everything required to make a successful project. They have an extremely large team and it looks like most of the work is done by a small number of individuals.

>> No.21026870

>>21026832
>>21026798
>They have an extremely large team and it looks like most of the work is done by a small number of individuals.
When I saw the 'team of 30' I knew it was mostly a couple people doing it. There aren't enough aspects to simultaneously be worked on by 30 people. It has to be at max maybe 4-5 working on it, and that's being nice.

For a good mod, you need focus. Adding in tons of crap that half works doesn't do well. I see lots of open source projects go down the drain because some new guy wants to work on his pet feature that now conflicts with the other stuff, of which hasn't been completed. It's why I'm glad our anons know to focus on polishing what is implemented first.

>> No.21026946

>>21026870
>team of 30
What the actual fuck

>> No.21026952

>>21026946
>>21026870
And only three of them have access to the source code! (not including me) Can you believe it?

>> No.21026967

>>21026952
Imagine trying to decipher all the bullshit if everyone touched the code.

>> No.21027060

Can someone think of a reason why Iku might not like Chiyuri? All it says for her dialogue with her is

"I found out that my character seems to be incompatible with Chiyuri and I apologize.
Her personality is somewhat inconsistent with mine, although I can tolerate it, but I think there will be a burst someday in the future. So I hope that you will help me solve this problem."

>> No.21027080

>>21027060
I recall Chiyuri pulling guns on people and making them fight for her amusement. Iku seems like the type who would find such behavior a poor influence on Tenshi.

>> No.21027087

>>21027080
Wait, what game did that happen in?

>> No.21027111

>>21027087
Phantasmagoria of Dim Dream.

>> No.21027264

>>21025047
Thanks, I appreciate it. I am noticing one small bit of weirdness while testing: dying seems to trigger messages from some random modkits the developers shoved into the game regarding deployable pavise shields and whistling for horses and such. This doesn't appear to actually cause any problems outside of the messages, though, so it's not a huge deal. I'm guessing there's a misplaced parenthesis or something; I might look into it later.

>>21026746
They might have been using it to test the idea of having "aerial assault" battles. I saw one old post where they mentioned trying to implement something along those lines, but they failed because they couldn't get flying troops to follow AI meshes or do much of anything. While looking at Misty Lake in the editor, I noticed it had an AI mesh extending through the sky towards the "castle."

>> No.21027661
File: 392 KB, 1366x768, 20190320163524_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The soldiers of this Fairy Liberation Front are pretty buff.

>> No.21027974

Two small comments for Tinder so I don't forget to make them later.
I think some differentiating between bolts and arrows would help.
Second, the dialogue to exit the deposit/withdraw from bank section is messed up.

>> No.21028212

>>21027661
Ah, so you encountered them too! Kind of a strange world we live in, seeing fairies obliterate the scarlet devil faction.

>> No.21028332

>>21028212
"The Scarlets shall sell us the rope from which they shall hang."
- Comrade Cirno

>> No.21028575

>>21027974
Classically, crossbows were supposed to have superior accuracy and damage in untrained hands to a middling archer, with the cost weight of slow reload times, less ammo and no improvement with skill. Archery is more accurate and powerful at max level but requires skill investment.
If you throw guns into the mix it becomes crossbows on steroids. Insane damage, massive reload, low skill ceiling.
Then take this into the context of 2huMods, where throwing is also viable as a main ranged weapon.

I briefly thought of making a list of possible relative strengths but realized how pointless it was when you should be able to get a more expensive item in each class that is good all-around.

>> No.21028613

>>21028575
Realistically speaking, crossbows were also considered short-ranged weapons. Their thick, armor-piercing bolts simply did not fly very far nor very well, but if you pin a knight a few feet away from you, he's probably not standing up.

>> No.21028804

>>21028575
I meant differentiating name-wise. 'Danmaku' doesn't tell me much. They were arrows in Origins, but now they're bolts in Tinder I think?

Unrelated, there are special missions you can take from the guild master if you have good rep for lots of money, but when I did it, it glitched out. The time prior it had auto-completed when I accepted it.

>> No.21028821

>>21028804
There are danmaku for bows, crossbows and guns.

You can usually tell which one they are by the look of the icon. Danmaku for bows look like regular arrows. Danmaku for crossbows is the icicle. Danmaku for guns is Icicle cartridge.

As far as I can tell the icicle cartridge is NOT available for purchase, though it might drop if you're fighting Maid Shooter 4s.

Regular icicles do pop up in the store, though rarely. Or maybe it's because it's the only one of its kind.

Most other danmaku like scarlet, green, nether butterfly are arrows.

But I agree with you that we ought to have some sort of standard.

>> No.21028885

>>21028821
There's also star danmaku for bolts. It looks like a normal bolt, so you may have missed it.

>> No.21028906

>>21028821
One of them looked like arrows, but ended up being bolts I forget which it was.

>> No.21028991
File: 360 KB, 1920x1080, 20190321004623_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Finally a real leader I can get behind

>> No.21029035
File: 77 KB, 541x600, 1500442410947.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21028991
Holy shit Sanae stayed.

>> No.21029227

>>21029035
Can't beat the dick

>> No.21029252

>>21028991
I honestly hope Kastor stays behind in the final build.

>> No.21029278

>>21029252
Maybe we can give him some flavorful lore. Something about how he was wrongfully cast out of Youkai Mountain.

>> No.21029284

>>21029278
I'd say make him a confused outsider, and the reason he wants youkai mountain is because it reminds him of his home or he wishes to rule from the highest point.

>> No.21029291

>>21029278
He was once a humble sinsack. He only wished to atone normally in solitude, but once the events that led to the great war of Gensokyo unfolded, he was cast away from his penitance cave to make room for Kappa gunpowder.

Now, he truly had nothing left. No salvation. No repentance. Thus, he traded his sinsack for his full helm...

He was Lord Kastor of Veluca. He had lost his home once before. And he shall not stand it lost a second time...

>> No.21029304

>>21029291
>Thus, he traded his sinsack for his full helm...
This is actually a reasonable trade in this mod's economy. God the prices of everything are so fucked.

>> No.21029322

>>21029278
The Moriyans are a free people, and not slaves to any unfathomable deity. The king of Moriya must be chosen from one of the leading families of the land, by a council drawn by a lot of the faithful before Lady Suwako, and no man is allowed to appear in arms during their deliberations, on pain of death.

During the last selection, I was nearly selected as the ideal candidate. While the council was placing the wreath of victory upon my brow, Kanako appeared, Danmaku in hand, telling them that a Tengu raiding party was about to descend on the field of deliberation -- which was true, by the way -- and if we did not pledge faith to us, then he would leave us to our fate.

Well, Kanako subjugated the Tengu, and for that, as a humble man, I am grateful. When I am king I will myself place the wreath of victory on her head. But after that, I will have it separated from her shoulders, for by her actions she has shown herself a traitor to Suwako Moriya's name and her loving faithful.

>> No.21029347

Someone write a plot explaining why Seija is a claimant for the Hakurei Shrine next

>> No.21029349

>>21029347
Play her game?

>> No.21029357

>>21029347
"The shrine is upside down I swear! I need to go flip it back to it's normal position. Reimu won't do it so you need me."

>> No.21029362

>>21029284
You could have it be like in Gekokujo where you have a character named Youmu who's a sword instructor and a gardener. Lord Kastor of Veluca just so happened to have accidentally wandered into Gensokyo at such an opportune time that the wild youkai didn't immediately kill him and he's none the wiser, thinking he's simply found himself in a strange land in the Orient and how he ought to carve out an empire here to overthrow King Graveth and make the Rhodoks a mighty empire spanning the seas.

Fuck the Rhodoks though.

>> No.21029372
File: 29 KB, 400x400, 1465002834635.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21029347
Rather than a Claimant, it'd probably be best if she's treated as something akin to the Dark Knights, but with a bunch of beefed up low-ranking youkai. Gotta usurp EVERYONE, not just Reimu.

>> No.21029382

>>21029372
Speaking of that. Maybe someday we can do something with the fairy uprising. Give them a few lords, make the uprising enormous. Like they come up out the Misty Lake and try to create a Gensokyo-wide Fairytopia.

>> No.21029409
File: 1.56 MB, 4541x1200, SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21029382
>Give them a few lords
Gonna want your obvious picks, but since Daiyousei is a companion in Origins, would she automatically leave your party or betray you and take whatever lands you gave her to the fairy uprising?

As an aside, I think as far as cosplay armor (and the armor all the other 2hus use), I think it'd be better to have it be a total model replacement using some sort of MMD model. If it's possible to import and replace models in SA, I can't see why it shouldn't work for Mount & Blade. Granted I don't understand any aspect of game development and visual aesthetics of the game aren't a main concern right now either.

>> No.21029432

I just realized, if the chinese guys working on tinder are the some guys who started the project, is it possible for them to add some newer 2hus into the game or are they like origins anon

>> No.21029434

>>21029409
Honestly if I can do this anyone can. My only experience with modding was way back in the day I used to mod some Paradox games but I had no experience with it when I started on modding Tinder. Just picked it up and tried learning as much as I can, there's still a ton I have no clue how to do so some of the more simple issues take me hours to solve.

Even the Three Fairies are already lords so honestly you could just make original characters for the fairy uprising. Lords barely have any personality in Mount & Blade anyway.

>> No.21029442

>>21029432
Yes and they even said they would work on adding new models at some point, so it's pretty likely that means new 2hus. I wouldn't count on it happening before Bannerlord is released though. They're too busy working on some inane policy tree.

>> No.21029450

>>21029442
That policy tree is an interesting idea but I have a bad feeling about it.

>> No.21029462

>>21029442
>I wouldn't count on it happening before Bannerlord is released though
The apocalypse would happen sooner than Bannerlord releasing.

>> No.21029484

I just made a Kappa shotgun out of the same code Tinder anon made and I feel like I've unlocked Pandora's box.

Move over, Mechas. A new meta is in the house.

>> No.21029503

>>21029484
>kappa shotgun
Is this going to be a laser shotgun and if not, why not.

>> No.21029508

>>21029484
God you should see that MIRV I made with the control rod. There's other code I can add too like a flamethrower and a grenade launcher.

>> No.21029528

>>21029503
Wouldn't all the kappa projectiles be water bullets? Would definitely love to have a squad of kappa shotgunners flank a firing line of rabbits while kappa sharpshooters snipe them from a distance. Heck, you could probably even expand the kappa to be their own little faction with a couple generic kappa lords and Nitori as their queen, with melee and mecha options being relegated to the Yamawaro.

That's of course, after all the necessary fixes and all the other more important stuff.

>> No.21029575

>>21029528
>That's of course, after all the necessary fixes and all the other more important stuff.
Not necessarily. If anyone wants to take a crack at making new troops or coming up with new designs they can do so. You can easily add new lines to troops.txt and upload it if you even want to go that far. Adding stuff to the troop tree is one of the easiest things I can do on my sid. I can take a look at peoples ideas/designs and see if implementation makes the gameplay more fun.

>> No.21029587

>>21029528
>Wouldn't all the kappa projectiles be water bullets?
Not if you give them laser cartridges, and i think making the mech troop tree split into sharpshooters and shotguns isn't a horrible idea

>> No.21029773

>>21029587
Those shields are nuts. Perhaps make the guns 2 handed so they have to swap to melee if they want to be so tank.
Heat hawk/beam saber when?
For that matter, is it possible to scale the shield down slightly? It's a hell of an obstacle, and you don't need such obscene coverage if you have a decently high shield skill pushing the block radius up.

>> No.21029798

>>21029773
>make the guns 2 handed so they have to swap to melee if they want to be so tank
I'd say 100% for the shotguns, but the sharpshooters could go either way.

>> No.21031361

>>21027264
Happy to help. I wanted to contribute at least a little bit. It's a fun mod. Yeah I noticed them too but I don't know what causes those messages to fire off either - they don't always seem to show up and don't actually do anything either, quite strange. They shouldn't be interacting at all.

>> No.21031383

>got a vassalage offer before I even hit 300 renown from satori
Little worried how this'll effect the main quest.

Also, I can say for sure Tinder improved Myouren temple. Meanwhile, it may have been a fluke, but I think spirit archers may be garbage now.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action