[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 46 KB, 544x548, 1214577503830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2041789 No.2041789 [Reply] [Original]

Ohkuninushi, the lord of the land, decided to give his land to the highest goddess, Amateras. Amateras sent a god Hononinigi to reign the land and he became the ancestor of Japanese emperors. Hononinigi fell in love with a beautiful princess, Konohanano-Sakuya-Hime and asked her father Ohyamatsumi for their marriage. Ohyamatsumi sent Konohana's sister Iwanaga-Hime along with Konohana to make both of them his wives. However, Hononinigi didn't like Iwanaga because she was so ugly. She was sent back to her father Ohyamatsumi and he got so angry. "I sent my two daughters to you because Konoyaha would bring you prosperity and Iwanaga would have brought you enernal life but you rejected Iwanaga. You and your descendents lost the chance to live forever." This is why gods (and emperors) die on our land.

Konohana, a flower princess was the symbol of prosperity and Iwanaga, a rock princess represented eternal life.

>> No.2041800

EPICKKK!!!1 XDDDDDDDDDD

>> No.2041802

>Amaterasu
>Oukuninushi
>Ouyamatsumi

Oh hey I upgraded your romanization.

>> No.2041833

>>2041802

Thank you, that was driving me fucking nuts.

>> No.2041839

ARCHIVE!!

>> No.2042749

The first gods summoned two divine beings into existence, Izanagi no Mikoto ("Exalted Male") and Izanami no Mikoto ("Exalted Female"), and charged them with creating the first land. To help them do this, Izanagi and Izanami were given a halberd (naginata) decorated with jewels, named Amanonuboko ("Heavenly Jeweled Halberd"). The two deities then went to the bridge between heaven and earth, Amenoukihashi ("Floating Bridge of Heaven") and churned the sea below with the halberd. When drops of salty water fell from the halberd, they formed into the island Onogoro ("self-forming"). They descended from the bridge of heaven and made their home on the island. Eventually they wished to mate, so they built a pillar called Amenomihashira around which they built a palace called Yashirodono ("the hall whose area is 8 arms' length squared"). Izanagi and Izanami circled the pillar in opposite directions, and when they met on the other side Izanami, the female deity, spoke first in greeting. Izanagi didn't think that this was proper, but they mated anyway. They had two children, Hiruko ("leech child") and Awashima ("pale island"), but they were badly-formed and are not considered gods in their original form. (Hiruko later became the Japanese god Ebisu.)

>> No.2042755

epic lulz

>> No.2043614

is this some sort of anime?

>> No.2043621

>>2041839
>hurr

>> No.2043632

>>2043614
ITT we don't know something we should

>> No.2043637

>>2042755