[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 4 KB, 358x20, milk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19211069 No.19211069 [Reply] [Original]

>New? Start here:
http://pastebin.com/vmW2qYkD (embed)

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/HcTtYVsn (embed)

>E+ Changelogs:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29

>Elona Custom Release Thread:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25014

>Previous Thread
>>19158828 → →

Current Version: Elona+ 1.77 (30/04/2018)
Latest Custom: E+C 1.77.1

Errors? Set the compatibility of the .exe to WINDOWS 7.

>> No.19211103

Got the Kumiromi statue and now I need 20 of them. Are there any patterns outside of what the wiki says for spawning a big daddy that anyone has noticed?

>> No.19211292

>>19211103
Nope. Just go to low level dungeons where you don't have to think and rush forward until you get to the end or see a message. Don't bother fighting trash. They spawn pretty often in my experience.
Anyways, my mutant currently has
Head
Body
Gun
Ammo
Ring
Leg
Hand x 15.
So 21 of... 27 slots I believe. Any particularly good equips that get stuff hands can't get people can think of I don't already got access to a slot for people can think of before I save scum for more hands? I got the legs for 7 league (then proceeded to mutate and lose my leg slot and accidently sell my 7 leagues lol), ring for aurora. Ring was maybe a mistake, aurora isn't that good. But fuck it can't fix it now.

>> No.19211398

>>19211292
Garok's Hammer gives rings a travel speed boost, so an aurora ring can double as (80% of) a pair of seven league boots.
Anyway, if you want to focus on extra attacks, I'd say Neck for the Twin Edge and Arm for the Cestus of Meteors. The alternative would be to skip extra attack enchantments and rely on Continuous Attacks, but I'm not sure how well that'd work.

>> No.19211449

>>19211398
>so an aurora ring can double as (80% of) a pair of seven league boots.
I've never bothered using it much or the artifact fusion thing at all. So stuff like this is good to know. Makes the legs a bit of a waste lol.
I thought I read on the artifact system on the wiki extra attacks can be put on other stuff which is why I haven't bothered with neck (I could also really use it for the faith boosting necklace, but only if it has the long-game advantage over a hand via this). If they can't then I'll get both of those, thank you
I have a few ideas on how I'm gonnna use all the hands
1: Fill with weps, hit stuff
2: Be unarmed, hit stuff
3: Fill with ''it enhances casting'' stuff, see how hard magic arrow hurts
4: Fill with resists, never die ever (although given I have below fairy life, this'll take a while to actually work)

>> No.19211629

>>19211449
Artifact Fusion doesn't add extra hits outside of some proc hits, like absolute throwing attack, grav sphere, etc. If you're using Garok's, only weapons can get extra melee attacks - and generally finding a good weapon candidate for that tends to be a bit of a pain.

Normally when you're using Garok's along with Artifact Fusion, you want to do it on a farm character and heirloom the weapon down. It used to be that since Living Weapons generated at Miracle already, you'd take a good living weapon, max it out, then level it up afterwards (Naturally this omits Garok's), but that only works on old versions of the game. It was very easy to make resistance stack weapons this way (well, very easy to make anything stack this way).

If you're using melee then Twin Edge is the way to go with Artifact Fusion necks. I still haven't properly determined why my Asura can apparently hit 40 times in a single action, but there's something odd with multiple extra melee attack procs.

>> No.19211640

>>19211449
If there's any way to obtain the extra attacks enchantment other than specific fixedarts and Dual Wielding levels, I'm not aware of it. I don't know just how much Dual Wielding contributes, but I'm pretty sure that you need all you can get, unless you're going with Continuous Attacks.
Also, martial arts is unaffected by hand count, so I'd recommend against it for this character.

>> No.19211706

>>19211640
>>19211629
Ah, I forgot about Garok's Hammer. You'd have to Equip Update a lot of katanas, but evo hearts aren't too hard to get.

>> No.19211721

>>19211629
Interesting, thanks. Seems those slots will do. Glad I asked now rather than when its too late (well, other than the feet, but life goes on).

>>19211640
>Also, martial arts is unaffected by hand count, so I'd recommend against it for this character.
Oh darn.

Biggest issue facing me right now is getting scrolls of flying to make gear useable. I've seen one with 5 100+ mage merchants.

>> No.19211780

>>19211706
Well this was a lot easier before when you could consistently make weapons (like lightsabers), but to be honest with things as they are now I'm no longer so sure about the Garok path with weapons. The problem is mostly finding non artifact weapons that are worthwhile to begin with.

>>19211721
Flying Scrolls is all about cycling as many merchants as possible. Ideally you have a full set of Merchants at your house, then you just spend time dedicated to cycling through the merchants through a walking loop.

>> No.19211985

>>19211640
>Also, martial arts is unaffected by hand count
True, but you could stack stupid amounts of extra damage and hit chance by equipping every claw you come across and whatever tonfas you can get your hands on.

>> No.19212039

What are the chances of finding summoning diaries in dungeons?

>> No.19212135

>>19211985
Equipping a shield or claw would cut your maximum attacks from 8 to 4.

>> No.19212247

>>19212039
High. The higher the level you go, the more common they become. I have stacks of them on my farming character that I don't even bother with anymore, just use them to make mysterious diaries to populate my dungeons.

>> No.19212990
File: 19 KB, 727x295, buildohfug.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

foobar anon help, I can't build the sln file

>> No.19213025

>>19212990
It says it can't find Git. Do you have Git?

>> No.19213118

>>19211780
>>Flying Scrolls is all about cycling as many merchants as possible. Ideally you have a full set of Merchants at your house, then you just spend time dedicated to cycling through the merchants through a walking loop.
Ayy I ended up getting decent luck soon after. Enough to make one of the weps I wanted usable useable and another go from about 20 weight to 4. They do seem very rare compared to pots of potential and cure corruption though. Evolution is the only thing mages sell that's worth caring about and seems rarer.

>> No.19213153

>>19213025
git has been built in to visual studio since 2013, how could nmake not know this?

>> No.19213229

>>19213025
># Get commit hash from Git
>find_package(Git)
>if(NOT GIT_FOUND)
> message(FATAL_ERROR "Git not Found")
>endif()
installed windows git client and added install directory to path and still getting this, how do I tell it where git is?

>> No.19213231

>>19213153
Maybe the folder containing git needs to be added to the PATH environment variable?

>> No.19213264
File: 22 KB, 418x444, pith.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19213231
b-but I did that senpai

>> No.19213326

>>19213118
Generally speaking, magic shops are for Potential and Flying, and that's about it. Evolution are one time items for the most part and are generally assumed to be farmed from inheritance, Cure Corruptions similarly are farmed from the inheritance account, and outside of lightsaber builds they aren't highly in demand because etherwind is so easy to control. Acidproof/Fireproof are expected to be grabbed by the farming character, but the former can be ridiculously difficult to find otherwise.

Of the two, Flying is much harder to get than Potential and is more valuable, because a proper farming team can make massive stacks of potential potions on top of the shops. (And generally mass farming teams don't use potential pots because picnic baskets outweight them very quickly)

It gets even worse if your farming character uses reset farming because reset farming basically eliminates the challenge entirely for a farming character, too easy to gather money using chest farming. But even a normal farming character that relies on a large team to gather materials and craft can end up hoarding a stupid amount of money from selling things like materium early on.

>> No.19213346

I use corruptions for trading. They're very often stocked and have a good value per potion.
I'm not using any pets for anything other than produce (not even breakfest) so I'm toying around with the idea of using a bunch of evo for good mutations then simply never sleeping to retain them. This has issues with A: using magic and B: far as I can remember mutations not being very good. But it could be nifty.

>> No.19213540

>>19213346
Resistance mutations are ok, Regeneration is ok, Cannibalism doesn't matter all that much, the rest don't have much consequence outside of the early game, and less so if you're already spamming herbed food early on.

Generally speaking if you start the game with around 100+ potions of potential carried over along with the herbs, the stat mutations do end up being an afterthought. Whether you sleep or not doesn't really matter, especially if you use the body pillow anyways.

Food ends up being easier to trade with than corruption pots, but that's generally after the cooking thresholds. Corruption pots just end up selling for too much to be effective. Granted, shops generally outstrip normal negotiation anyways, so it doesn't matter all that much. You end up with far too much money and start throwing money away every month anyways.

>> No.19214785

I'm making a loli ranch.

>> No.19214789
File: 483 KB, 799x597, beginnings of loli farm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19214785
forgot pic

>> No.19214797
File: 13 KB, 475x280, ranch dressing.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19214789
Ranches are pretty good. Need a few more myself.

>> No.19214819

>>19214785
>>19214789
oh shit i forgot town children produce old people. Do they ever produce more town children?

>> No.19214899

>>19214819
The town child ranch was only producing old people, so I'll make a little girl ranch instead.

>> No.19214990
File: 423 KB, 806x628, Elixir Lobbing.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What custom AI should I use if I just want my young girl to do nothing but throw potions at enemies? I've been getting a lot of "Doesn't know how to respond to the situation based on the instructions you've given her" but I'd presume that's more them running out of stamina.

>> No.19215145

>>19214990
There's no target set for your move forward line and as you said, there's no fallback action set for when she's out of stamina. Additionally custom AI sometimes has issues when their target is in range but they don't have line of sight. I think the AI doesn't check for los when it picks a line, only when it tries to execude it resulting in the error message. The only way to fix this afaik is to tell your pets to always move right next to their target before attacking.

>> No.19215463
File: 104 KB, 626x301, asd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is truly the ultimate carry skill in the game. By the time it even vaguely falls off you should be well and truly set.

>> No.19216166

how strong should I be before I start killing the wandering merchants I find on the roads?

>> No.19216352

>>19214990
Custom AI does not use stamina; it has its own "energy" system that's based on the original stamina costs.
Anyway, try this:

Target Distance > 1: Throw Major Potion
Target Distance < 3: Move (Away)
Target Distance > 1: Move (Forward)

>> No.19216369

>>19216352
>Custom AI does not use stamina
Lucky pets. Stamina is one of the worst things in this game. Rises super slowly, costs are insanely inconsistent once you get to about 50%, goes back up super slow, doesn't go back up faster on the world map, need to worship a god just to get a boost to regen instead of simply leveling a skill. Just terrible all around.

>> No.19216599

>Use my crafting mats I've been gathering all game to make thousands of clothes, rods, waste arts, etc
>Sell them all on the right shop type or to my vendors if pet shop won't sell them
>Get maybe as much as 1 visit to the farm
>About 1/3rd of farm+ranches
Why the fuck are fruit/veggies worth such an insane amount compared to shit that's harder to make en masse.

>> No.19216619

>>19216369
>catch fish to replenish food supply
>cook fish
>rest to recover stamina
>hunger outpaces fishing
I'm probably going to start using Vampiric Drain on my waifu. I'll just think of it as giving her a chance to train her Healing skill.

>> No.19216639

I don't get why cooking takes stamina. Or why anything of of fights does. Its just annoying. The crafting skills all don't and are far less annoying as a result
Even if stamina was battle only it'll still suck though. Since basically every stamina using skill is either A: A worse version of a magic spell, B: Super broken for act 1 then worthless, C: Worthless always, D: Actually good. D is very rare.

>> No.19216792

>>19216599
Because food is the most important resource in Elona. It actually makes plenty of sense when you think about it. NPCs will never suffer from Ether Sickness, so even though everyone screams about the Etherwind realistically they're only worried about monsters getting worse. Most scrolls, potions, equipments and magic devices are utterly useless to NPCs who never do anything other than walk around and get drunk. But everyone's stats are entirely dependent on having high quality food, and NPCs tend to kill themselves eating shit.

>> No.19216813

>>19216599
How does everyone get enough sp to cook an entire farm ? below 200 fruit trees are a pain too and lets not even get into stocking rank 9 in 4th dimension before it rots.

>> No.19216822

>>19216813
soma

>> No.19216830

>>19216792
That's fine for story (lmao elona story, brb talking to an npc that remakrs that no one dies shortly after the king fucking dies forever, brb being irrelevant for 99% of the game) but for the gameplay its fucking stupid.

>>19216813
I just cook them and if they go rotten its fine. Set it to food shop. Still far more money than I will ever need.

>> No.19217020

>>19216830
For gameplay it doesn't really matter so much since Elona has a built in system to break itself over the knee. There's basically no real problem in getting gold regardless of how you go about it.

On the other hand given ano's tendency to nerf things I wouldn't be surprised if he nerfed food into the ground one day and crippled everyone.

>> No.19217084

>>19217020
what would even be left at that point? Dungeons are pretty much worthless already, can't mass produce and sell furniture at our shops, actual weapons worth selling are hard to come by and the party time missions are hardly worth it unless you go for the very high ranked ones iirc.

>> No.19217093

>>19216813
The quick answer is that you don't do it all at once. It becomes wasteful to try cooking an entire farm at once, because unless you're going to simultaneously herb them and consume them via hunger demon manipulation, there just isn't much of a point. Gold is pretty much never an issue once you're past the early game point, so trying to force the farm cycles before you're ready will inevitably lead to waste.

If you're trying to burn through a farm to raise your gardening in preparation for artifact/herb farms, you should just accept that you're going to have losses and throw things onto the compost if you're not going for cooking experience.

>> No.19217106

>>19217084
It basically sets us back to the dark age of Elona (not E+) when reset farming was literally the only way to grind after a while because South Tyris didn't exist and most of the systems that we have today weren't there. Most of the veterans here probably still remember where the reset farm locations were in North Tyris just because of how stupidly painful the process was.

>> No.19217112

>>19217084
Ranches. My 8 rabbit ranches make maybe twice as much gold as my farm but can be properly farmed far less often. More ranches and higher valued monsters would maybe be good enough. Especially if you actually got them in the shop cooked and not rotten for the 1.5 food shop boost; they rot in 2 tiles on the world map and I'm lazy so I just sell them rotten.
I just wish the dungeon change would be reverted. Nefia time isn't common enough to feel very good.

>> No.19217129

>>19217084
Keep multiple versions of Elona and advance characters through them, I guess. Unless the money in a Yacatect's Bank is preserved in a gene file; then you could just pass a few billion GP down to each new character.

>> No.19217141

>>19217112
Shade farming is slightly better than rabbit ranches, but rabbit ranches have the benefit of potential luck up item drops, so there's a trade off there. I think assuming you run a max egg hatch ranch (where you keep all the monsters with +egg drops), you can get a fairly consistent output. You just don't kill all the breeders off, leave a set, sell only a portion of the breeder loot and supplement with eggs.

I'm still not sure how to feel with the way they trivialized dungeons. I pretty much only go in there when I'm playing Pokemon quest now.

>> No.19217184

Really though, its not too hard to get enough cash without farms, at least for your early game/pots of potential/flying scroll needs. I'm 58 speed unburdened at the moment so party time and farming quests tend to just fail unless they're super low level or I get extremely lucky with my spawn. As a result, my farm is dying faster than I can replace the seeds. I'm not even remotely close to spending more than I earn.

>> No.19217239

>>19217184
The thing is cash needs really doesn't increase much as you go up. Eventually you become self sustaining as far as food goes (not going to bother speculating about how thirst mechanics will go), flying scrolls eventually start accumulating, and potential pots become the only expense.

>> No.19217691
File: 15 KB, 616x57, i dont get it.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I thought 1.5 was the max weight for duel wield.

>> No.19217707

>>19217691
The display number is rounded to one digit. The actual number isn't.

>> No.19217927

which would be the best trait to get for my shopkeeper pet to make even more gold? It's a theif guild member, if that has any bearing.

>> No.19217962

>>19217239
Scrolls of growth though.

>> No.19218095

>>19216352
Tried this, she acts a little sporadically when they're close now but there's almost no error messages now when their AI doesn't know what to do. The only time recently this happened was when there was a snail right next to her and she either hadn't detected it yet to start attacking or I simply hadn't targeted anything for her to attack yet. Thank you for the help.

>> No.19218140

>>19217962
They don't appear often enough to make a substantial difference outside of dedicated merchant cycling where you do nothing but run cycles through.

Generally speaking Scrolls of Growth is far easier to just accumulate early with a farming set up and inherit down. Otherwise managing skill potentials with plat isn't all that bad early on.

>> No.19218561

How do I curse items?

>> No.19218600

>>19218561
Cursed bottles of water or curse scrolls.

>> No.19218680

Anybody know what the Jure's gem stone of holy rain does?

>> No.19218734

>>19218680
"It has a similar effect as using a scroll of healing rain: it heals you, your pets and nearby non-hostile NPCs. It may only be used once every 8 hours.

>> No.19218739
File: 153 KB, 1000x1000, b332b8aca0d0944f724af8dc839c81b8.1000x1000x1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19218680
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Juere%27s_gem_stone_of_holy_rain

>> No.19218794

>>19218600
>>19218561
Should probably take note that if you went exorcist for any reason, cursed bottles of water become the only viable way, especially if you're trying to curse stacks of Descent or make old school Killer Beer.

>> No.19218809

>>19218794
Curse scrolls still work, you just need a bunch.

>> No.19218899

>>19218794
>>19218809
shit i did go exorcist
looks like I'll be killing <Whom dwells in the vanity> some other way

>> No.19218963

>>19218899
If you're going for the beer kill (I'm pretty sure it's not as effective as it used to be), get about 50 or so curse scrolls, dump everything except the beer, and read them all one by one until one of them works.

>> No.19218969

>>19218963
alright thanks, i'll try that.

>> No.19219869

>>19218969
If you do come across cursed bottles of water, consider leaving them that way instead of blessing them at an altar. Cursed flying scrolls and such can be useful.

>> No.19220001

>>19219869
To add onto this realistically finding cursed water bottles is actually far rarer than finding other water bottles, making them an amazing commodity to some degree.

You'll always find enough bottles of water to bless...but cursed bottles of water are few and far in between. I think in the time it took me to get my first stack of 100 potential pots I only found 3 cursed bottles of water.

>> No.19220266

>>19220001
But once you have a single cursed bottle of water, you can use it to curse a stack of bottles.

>> No.19220333

>>19220266
Yep. The hardest part is generally getting that first cursed bottle. Of course if I hadn't been an idiot and made my farm character not an exorcist, it wouldn't have been an issue, since I could have just cursed the bottle of water, but yeah.

Frankly with how things are slowly progressing with these updates I'm of a mind to just use reset farmers to collect everything for inheritance...which would probably make all of this moot considering how fast reset farmers can hoard items and money. It's like 10 times as fast as normal farming.

>> No.19221573

>Karata
What is the purpose of this gaylord? He's so broken it's surprising that Ano hasn't nerfed him yet.

>> No.19221747

>>19221573
He's no more broken than any of the bells, since they all have the same flags he does, including Cele. No need to nerf him because you can simply not use him. Let people who want him to win the game for them do so.
Pets in general could use a nerf or solo players given access to the tools they give you (performing at stradivarious levels with no instrument, a prevent death once action, making you free food/items on sleep, getting mats just for killing, forcing open chests, full armored magic casting with a shield yet still 95% cast rate, an action that just gives free MP with no downside, etc)
I can never be happy with pets in this because either
A: I use them, they hyperscale beyond me and solo the game
B: I don't use them, I miss out on tons of functions

>> No.19222884

>>19221573
Karata only has the reputation he does because for the longest time people thought that the ResEle flags on bells were lost upon becoming a pet.
He's pretty much identical to them and requires an ALP to boot.

>> No.19223675

What's the best way to train luck? Should I just keep digging for four leaf clovers? I have 20 four leaf clovers right now and I don't know if I should stop searching or not

>> No.19223702

how can you even sneak into the mages guild? Teleporting doesn't work, the stair guard wrecks my face by instantly blinding me after I've thrown the duel glove and then rampaging like the hulk when I try to run away to let the blindness wear off.

>> No.19223804

>>19223702
Why does teleporting not work? Did yours spawn with an item that prevents teleport or something?

To be honest I just nuked the guards for their statues on my most recent run and had no problems, but if I remember correctly I had no problems using a teleport rod either.

>> No.19223808

>>19223702
>Teleporting doesn't work
It does. Unless the watchman spawned with equipment that prevents teleporting, in which case it's stabbity stab time.

>> No.19223976

>>19223675
Rabbit farms. I get maybe 3 per farming session with 8 ranches. I used to get about 7 with 13 ranches pre-nerf.

>> No.19223986

>>19223804
>>19223808
Pretty sure the mage guild stair guard almost always spawns with teleport preventing equipment now. Not always, but most of the time. And like I said, the asshole would blind me and then shoot me with magic to death or rampage through walls to get to me if I ran to try and get out of the blind. I got around it by summoning monsters, but it's a bitch otherwise. Funny thing is that he took out a lion and an ogre in rapid succession with no problem, but a yeek managed to knock him off the stairs for me before being pulped

>> No.19223993

>>19221747
I wouldn't be surprised if eventually all Pets were hard nerfed down. Stat growth rates reduced to a fraction of the players or just no stat growth altogether, all potentials locked at hopeless, pets can't eat or drink, removal of Shop and Ranch functions, removal of all Pet group actions and special actions. That effectively solves both A and B, and makes it so that using pets is once again only for role play purposes.

Most people would probably agree to those changes as long as the functions were all moved over to the player at the start.

>> No.19224008

>>19223993
I'd be down with taking the roll of shopkeep and sending my pets off to farm farms, ranches and dungeons for me with some kind of filter system for what they pick up and some strategy for who to send where.

>> No.19224021
File: 71 KB, 362x371, 1506648275332.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19223993
>Most people would probably agree to those changes

>> No.19224051
File: 9 KB, 611x30, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can't be always. Mine isn't.

>>19223993
Eh, even as a non-pet user who doesn't use them specifically because they are overpowered, tha'td be stupid. Nerfing them near the players level would be fine. Giving players similar options to what pet users get when you don't use them would be fine. Removing things people like is stupid.

>> No.19224064

Also, how do I remove random hobos and the like from my house? Killing them doesn't work. They still count. Can't hire people because apparently they count for that. Need some more general vendors because rods for water are my current bottleneck. I'm drowning in everything else.

>> No.19224233

>>19224051
That is Ano's process for implementing changes.

>> No.19224367

>>19224051
>>19224233
Weren't pets make to scale with Overdose characters? I mean both get X20 increase in XP, did Ano just forget to scale back that for normal players?

>> No.19224400

>>19224367
No, pets being this broken predates overdose. And they get 2X Xp. I think the intention was for them to level, gain stats from items, etc faster than players because there are potentially more of them sharing those resources. But that doesn't account that they share the same resources with the player. So they get absurd exp gain, giant bonuses from hermes blood and the like. And the player does not. And since the game is already way too easy just for the player (I have 52 top speed, 32 life, am solo and its still easy; the hardest thing for me is the non-combat stuff because of shit speed) pets just kind of make it crumble into nothingess.

>> No.19224425
File: 35 KB, 600x885, 29e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>LVL25
>STR 1(1) Hopeless
>CON 4(2) Hopeless
>DEX 20(20) Hopeless
>LER 9(9) Hopeless
>WIL 2(2) Hopeless
>MAG 7(3) Hopeless
>CHR 2(2) Hopeless
>HP/MP 32/35
What do?

>> No.19224446

>>19224425
Make a farm. Make food. Sell it with a shop set to selling food for bonus money. Hire magic vendors with money. Maybe general vendors if you feel you have enough magic. Invest to 100; no point going higher. Buy pots of potential. Buy salts. Buy wands of firewall (those are from general vendors). Get woodchips from the world map areas. Use a pot of alchemy to make water, drop it on an altar to bless it. Use it on pots of potential. Consume 2. Superb in everything

>> No.19224466

>>19224400
Well obviously this retard >>19224425 doesn't find it easy

>> No.19224480

>>19224466
He just needs to accept our lord and savior Kumi into his life and get to farming.

>> No.19224490

>>19224400
>I have 52 top speed, 32 life,

At what point of the game are you?
Pets look broken at the beginning but once you get into the second region you'll start wanting to invest on your own character, and the number of your combat pets will become 2-4 because more than that is just too resource-heavy, despite the retarded bonuses.

>> No.19224495

>>19224446
shops cost a shit ton of money and I can barely go through a level 4 tower without dying so going back and forth delivering cargo wont be easy either

>> No.19224514

>>19224490
Technically in act 2 since I rushed it for gavela with an op pet, slow leveling equips and the like. But I mostly run around in act 1 because I think its cuter.
I've been to the end of act 2 (if memory serves I ran into the end of the translated content at the time) on my furthest character and I know nothing particularly changes; the current win button that's carrying me (violent gardening) falls off super hard, but by that point I hope to have rushed through enough dungeons and got enough little sisters to have decent life, then I can go back to my usual strategy of bumping everything.

>> No.19224522

>>19224495
Noyel holy well almost always boosts stat potential. Could give a wish, too. Quaffing random wells could be a decent idea if you get mutation immune stuff. Wish for 7leagueboots, do ''before too late'' quests that don't say go to noyal from the port. Probably your best bet.

>> No.19224530

>>19224425
Are your stats in red? Post screen shot of yourself.

>> No.19224578

Is there actually limit of deeds i can own/build on the global map?

Also if there is no assign pet on a ranch, but offsprings will they continue to produce other offsprings of their own or can only a breeder perform this?

>> No.19224583

>>19224530
None are red. This has never happened to me before on my other characters and it's even worst when you consider that I have hundreds of hours of playtime on my other character so I SHOULD know how to not be horrible at the game by now

>> No.19224622

>>19224578
No. One guy made a chain of storage places between towns for no encoutners.

>> No.19224687

>>19224425
teach your littler girl wife to cook and get her loving breakfast
level your own cooking and alchemy and tailoring to make picnic baskets
buy potential potions unless you're a poorfag

>> No.19224693

Nevermind guys, I got this. I just made 150+ decorated clothing and each sell for around 1000 gp. I've ascended past the concept of rich.

>> No.19224717

>You see a dead lion here.
>This item is fully identified as a NUCLEAR DEAD LION.
>huh, it can be used. I wonder what it does.
>You set up the nuke...now run!!
I probably should have read the fine print.

>> No.19224737
File: 268 KB, 515x850, __ojyou_elona_drawn_by_shunsei_muratou__8bfd1d19194cec5807bfe3237b1da3e2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19224693
>not making 500k+ per night selling banana parfaits
how plebian

>> No.19224747

>>19224737
>Only making 500k
Pleb.

>> No.19224773

>>19224514
Violent Garden stops being an “insta win” but it remains extremely useful as a room clearer for long after that.
Even late in Act 3 I was still using it.

>> No.19225261

Mmm yea honestly I stopped using it because I took up magic (which kills rabbits in farms without having to bump them first). Magic was stronger rather than it being particularly weak.

>> No.19225287

>>19225261
It has a couple advantages though.
1. Hits everything in vision, which ball spells can't quite do.
2. Won't murderize your pets, which Meteor tends to.
3. Binds.

>> No.19225296

I always forget it blinds because I'm so insanely slow most enemies take 2 turns to my 1 so the bind just instantly ends and then they move.
Pet thing is a good point.

>> No.19226753
File: 182 KB, 1246x203, its time to stop.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This guard is on a goddamn bender.

>> No.19226778

>>19226753
Okay, he's eating food that isn't even in his inventory. And it's all cursed.
He's clearly pissed off some god(s).

>> No.19227208

>>19226753
that is a man who wants to die. Probably saw the code and realized the world was at the whims of more than just the eight gods

>> No.19227389

>>19227208
Well, he did succeed in offing himself.
We’ll see how he acts once he respawns.

>> No.19235176
File: 138 KB, 642x432, gentleman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19235210

>>19235176
All the speed and grace of a Devilish Gentleman, I see.

>> No.19235241

Apparently you can carry mutli stradivarious at once. I figured one would turn into stardust. Accidently left mine in the shop (which thankfully never sold it) and a bard dropped another. Noticed the first, picked it up, got 2. They also add a fuck ton to your house value.

>> No.19235466

>>19235241
Because it's considered Furniture and not equipment. The equipment is called the Nail Stradivarius

>> No.19235474

>>19235466
I just kind of figured anything <like this> turns into stardust.

>> No.19235502

>>19235474
Nope. It's only for equipment.
That's also why getting multiple Kumiromi statues is popular.

>> No.19235515

>>19235474
<> only denotes a special artifact or a Miracle tier item. There are dupable artifact items, like hero cheese for instance, which is technically in the same classification as special equipment artifacts as far as the game is concerned (Hence why they're valid for Little Sister quest) but won't create Stardust when stacked.

>> No.19235714

>>19220266
No, you can't mix water with water.

>> No.19235754

Now I'm strong enough to get AP things feel kind of awkward progression wise. To get AP I want to go in dungeons and fight stuff, but to do literally anything else I don't, because dungeons are worth so little now. Even nefia time is better spent rushing level 1 dungeons and ignroing all enemies.

>> No.19235773
File: 184 KB, 960x1280, 9568a1eb3af134953b73bba416f8a597165a0fd2bdd3400093b8d7311f5cfbe5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19235754

>> No.19235779

Does the void give good cash? Never bothered unlocking it because small medals.

>> No.19235831

>Takes 3 days to cook one of my rabbit ranches meat/eggs
Fuck stamina.

>> No.19235971

>>19235779
Void is for grinding AP early and that's about it. It is not there for cash.

>> No.19235982

>>19235971
Not seeing how it'd change anything then.

>> No.19236089
File: 422 KB, 801x629, dunloot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19235754
Big daddies and small medals are the primary reasons I still do tons of dungeons. Level up dungeons enough and the dungeon boss very frequently drops one small medal and the chest from the loot sometimes bumps it up to two. Fever mode I frequently get 2-3 small medals from every dungeon I do. Good for buying the occasional Hermes blood. Each floor later on also has 50k gold with dungeon boss loot being around 80k-100k. All the corpses that can be cooked and sold contribute nicely to the bottom line too.

>>19235779
Void is a good place for gold if you're willing to cook all the corpses you find and put them in your shop. Some high tier material weapons/armor pieces can sell for a decent amount in a shop too. So the void is a decent place to amass gold but it's through selling the stuff you find. You won't be finding big gold piles or anything. Of course the void is good for levels and AP too.

>> No.19236247

>>19236089
I wish Ore came with differing weight/sizes, so that low level areas/dungeons drop ores that just give current ores but higher level dungeons give good price ore chunks, maybe even ones so big you can barely carry 1 even if you're a golem.

>> No.19236287

That'd make stockpiling them for the 2 gods who accept them as gifts and carrying them for quests annoying and further incencitize rushing low level dungeons over high level ones.

>> No.19237598

>>19236089
Do you keep raising the dungeon level or is there a point where you stop?

>> No.19237766

>>19237598
In the past I would have said to keep dungeon levels low but with how things work now in the game there are perks to leveling up the dungeons. Gold amount from piles and the dungeon boss goes up. During fever mode gold piles also include music tickets and they go up too with dungeon level. Cap gold pile and music tickets on each floor seems to be 50k gold and 70 tickets. Past a certain dungeon level the boss starts to drop a small medal on a regular basis.

Even if you level up the dungeons and cap the amount of gold and chance for small medal drop there are two more perks that come to mind to keep leveling the dungeons further. The first one is that the boss will just keep getting stronger the higher you level your dungeon. I've been taking advantage of that to find some extremely durable bosses that let me train my melee skills for quite awhile. Especially nice if those bosses have super regen or heal.The void is better for this but if I have to duck out of the void to restore my plat dungeons are a nice option since they offer plat and other things like small medals and big daddies. The way I see it is that if I have to restore my plat supply I might as well have a good punching bag with the dungeon boss to keep training even if I'm outside of the void.

Also later on when you get access to awakened dungeons you'll want some pretty high level dungeons to maximize your chance of getting nefia cores and again to take advantage of fighting strong enemies for AP and skill ups.

>> No.19237866

>>19237766
>70 tickets
thats actually halfway decent.

>> No.19238471
File: 8 KB, 273x265, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is the most empty my reserve list has ever been. Not sure why. I've read plenty of books its not listing that are usually listed with no investment. This is a level 100 shop.

>> No.19238740

>>19238471
Reserve list isn't dependent on investment.

>> No.19238762

>>19238740
Then what is it? Wiki says it is. People here have told me it is. I have never, not even once, seen speed for example on it. Even on my furthest characters. It was claimed here that's a spell you can reserve.
It must rely on something, because those spells listed are all I have the option to reserve. For no apparent reason. I've read, for example, return. Its not in the list. Normally it is.

>> No.19238818

If a wep has +crit, does that apply to just that wep, or all?

>> No.19239158

>>19238762
The crows have a different list of what books are valid from the Guild Reserver, and generally speaking changes to both lists aren't kept up to date (as in the thresholds aren't known)

I can tell you that at shop rank 50 I have 3 pages of reservation books in the guild shop, including things like speed, contingency, domination, 4d pocket etc.

>> No.19239320

>>19238762
I heard guild rank factors into it.

>> No.19240158

Any tips on making a melee/ranged hybrid pet with custom AI?

>> No.19240182

>>19240158
Melee when adjacent, fire when not?

>> No.19240282

>>19240182
I tried that but the AI would just stick to ranged while standing still. I'd prefer if the AI would initally use ranged attacks and slowly moves forward to the enemy and vice versa.

>> No.19240431

>>19240282
Custom AI doesn't have probability-based actions. You'll have to find some way to tell it when to close in.

>> No.19240515

Just evolved my Defender and can't figure out how to use Absolut Protect with custom AI. It doesn't show up in the buff list and when i try to make him cast based on HP percentages he either won't use it at all (with ally as entity) or will use it but it's not transfering any damage (self as entity).
Anyone here know how this works?

>> No.19240784
File: 16 KB, 220x330, 220px-ToddHoward2010sm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19240515
It just works.
Literally.

>> No.19241411

Is there any way to force northern dungeons to be as high level as southern so I don't have to leave north to ap grind
I don't like south, its ugly

>> No.19241422

>>19241411
Do the highest level dungeons you find, then force a reset (ie switch between north/south). Keep doing this until they're a high enough level.

>> No.19241486
File: 51 KB, 1107x105, Doesntwork.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19240784
I don't know why but it really doesn't. I just went back to the void to test it, had my Defender stand right next to me and use Absolute Protect but the turn right after i get hit for 1.5k dmg and none of the dmg was transfered to the Defender.

>> No.19241514
File: 89 KB, 628x267, b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Only one level from achieving my final form. Still need to get the ashura necklace for more hits but as is if I'm in timestop the most I've seen anything survive is 5 hits anyways so its no biggy either way. Its really total overkill.

>> No.19241560

>>19241411
>I don't like south, its ugly
I wish Ano would do a revamp on South Tyris because Lost Ylva looks way better than it despite being incomplete.

>> No.19241578

>>19241560
someone should make a better map then and send it to him

>> No.19241593
File: 8 KB, 65x78, chain.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also what is the meaning behind this? It didn't used to be a thing

>> No.19241625

What's the tallest character anyone has made?

>> No.19241646

>tfw forgot I equipped a ragnarok weapon on my pets and it procs in a awakened dungeon
This is hell.

>> No.19241766

>>19241625
Tallest I had was an almost 100 meters tall golem.

>> No.19242068

how do I reset Noyel? I made the mistake of Reinitializing it trying to get those damned bards to drop the Stradivarius during the Jure Festival and now the Jure festival isn't appearing.

>> No.19242277

>>19241593
More shitty gameplay bloat from Ano. The more attacks made against an enemy before their next turn (total, not just from you), the less damage you do, with the penalty starting at 50 attacks I think.

>> No.19242285

>>19242277
Well that sucks. I've been trying for years to do the uber mutant thing, the one time I succeed, it got nerfed during some point of me not playing. Not that I ever do 50 hits; either I miss half the hits or its timestop and everything dies in like 3 hits for some reason. But I will eventually

>> No.19242292

>>19242068
Near as I can tell reinitializing towns is a horrible terrible idea.
It doesn’t change the NPC lists correctly, so you’ll get quests from other towns that direct you to talk to an NPC that no longer exists, since they were pre-reset.
It just screws things up in general and it can’t be fixed. Never do it.

>> No.19242311

>>19241593
It's a counter for how many attacks you've done to that target without the target getting a turn. If that counter gets too high you will start to see your damage nerfed until that target gets its turn.

>> No.19242354

>>19241593
>24 chain

Need to work on actually doing damage instead of wailing with limp wristed hands. Or need to stop hiding hiding beneath the skirts of your pets.

>> No.19242363

>>19242354
>>19214797
These are my pets. And I have 107 strength which should be pretty good given I'm superb in all potentials basically all the time and eat herbed curaria constantly.

>> No.19242396

>>19242363
Not him but I wish people didn't equate just their stats to their power. A 2k strength character will do garbo damage if they don't have the skills such as tactics to match.

>> No.19242419

>>19241411
Gemstone of Twilight?

>> No.19242454

>>19240282
slot1, the top Custom AI slot, has the highest priority. So going by that logic ...

1.Target Distance < 2 Melee
2.Target Distance = 2 Move Forward
3.Target Distance <= 5 Ranged ATK

Pet will fire at range 5~3, if a target gets within 2, pet'll get agressive and chase/close the gap then finally melee. Range ATK is lower because you want it abandoned ASAP. That'd be for a basic low CHA pet.

If you want enemy AI lvs of range + zerg I'm pretty sure you need more CHA to abuse the AND conditional. More CHA = more slots, more room for AND statements. I haven't done much experimenting so I can't help there. Here's a guess.

1.Target Distance = 1 Melee
2.Target Distance > 2 Move Forward
3.Not set Not set Not set Not set AND
5.Target Distance <= 5 Ranged ATK

Might need "Toggle Preserve Entity As Target" somewhere in there. Dunno. Can't test since my grfx card died and have decided to get a new comp together which has a 1060 in it already.

>>19242068
Can't help you there, sorry. I can tell you what I did for bards though. I simply did board quest then walked around the wilderness for a bit. Just 1 tile adjacent to town. I grabbed wood chips/api nuts while out there. Immediately re-enter and repeated. Had plenty more bards and festival beasts/tourists to bully when I returned. Maybe entering wilderness once then immediately re-enter town could work. I don't know how festival's spawn works with fodder.

>> No.19242626

>>19242285
One of the advantages of Continuous Attacks is that it bypasses the combo system. It also lets you ignore the extra attack enchantment.
Of course, the downside is that as far as I know you can't do elemental damage. I guess you'd want to get a pile of living lightsabers, make them all +15, and then spend all 9 levels on adding +4? Or maybe +critrate would be better, I'm not sure how good plusses are.

>> No.19242665

>>19242396
Tactics is my second highest skill (after farming, because farming levels super fast). I do swing like 15 weps a turn, its hard to not level it fast like that. Minds eye and all my weapon skills are also high. I think for a level 37 character I'm not doing particularly bad.

>>19242626
Currently I'm aiming for
A: Weps with stop time
B: Weps that crit
C: Weps with ''magic hits better''
And the Ashura necklace which just refuses to drop ever
I seem to remember someone saying Lightsabres got nerfed or are getting nerfed so no point investing in them.

>> No.19243385

>>19241411
I've had Northern dungeons hit L130+ while still on act 1 so I'm pretty sure you don't need to force them at all.

>> No.19243399

>>19242068
Never reinitialize a town. You can reinitialize dungeons, you can reinitialize town dungeons, you should never reinitialize a town. Towns are already set to periodically fix their own issues, which leads to more problems if you do manual patches on top. If you've waited a year already and the Jure festival isn't showing up, your only recourse is to dig into the code to fix things.

>> No.19243668

>>19242292
>>19242454
Well... Shit. I reinitialized after searching for how to reset a town real quick for a little while and it seemed that Initializing would be the best bet. No warnings for big events or anything, only resetting shops and unable to complete delivery jobs and what not.

>>19243399
Where would that even be in the code? I'm not good at that kind of thing myself. I guess I'll have to wait a year or visit a couple times a month or something to see if the festival starts up again. I mean, I'm getting the changed dialogue from Pael from the sick mom quest, but nothing else.

Someone might wanna put up a warning on the wiki then to never reinitialize Noyel during the Festival then. LEARN FROM MY IMPATIENCE!

>> No.19243826

>>19213540
>Whether you sleep or not doesn't really matter, especially if you use the body pillow anyways.
But what about spell potentials? Don't think you can really raise that otherwise. Also, what body pillow?

>> No.19243931

>>19243826
https://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Part_time_worker
https://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Manytia_the_adventure_merchant#Old_War_Ground

>> No.19243942

>>19243931
"In Elona+, Jure's body pillow greatly increases the chances of Regeneration, Gaining Faith, Potential, and Development dreams and decreases the chance of bad dreams. However, it does not replenish spell potentials."
huh
Still rapes spell potential but neat.

>> No.19243963
File: 155 KB, 614x467, accuracy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19211398
>Continuous Attacks, but I'm not sure how well that'd work.
Probably need a lot more accuracy for that. It didn't fit in the log but I missed like twice as much as you can see here.

>> No.19244448

>>19243668
Based on how initialization "normally" works, there are three possibilities which may have occurred, but without a program that can dig into the source code you have no way to confirm this directly, just implicitly through trial and experimentation.

Case 1 is where Noyel is now reinitialized back to time 0 (I forget what month that is). The Town file itself manually counts months up again until it hits the correct month for the Jure Festival to occur. Correct month in this case may not mean December depending on how the counter operates (If for example the game is fixed to start in May, and the map's internal counter adds 1 for every month that goes, then you'd check back in 7 months.) This is not very straightforward coding, so while plausible, I wouldn't assume this case to be valid.

Case 2 is where Noyel reinitialized itself, but the time counter remains the same. Effectively what happens in this case is that the map reverts back to its basic state (Festival isn't the base state, therefore it doesn't occur). Since it is in the basic state and the Festival "check" only occurs at a specific time, you missed that window and therefore the Festival is "gone" until next December. This is the case that I'd assume by default.

Case 3 is where Noyel reinitialized itself to a basic state permanently. If throughout the year you check back routinely and can't find any Festival occuring at any month, this may have happened. It is the least likely scenario.

The same thing can happen to any map with flag events (quests and whatnot). Because of how initialization and states work, there is always a chance to bug them out. If you reset farm the stone bosses early on (Tower of Fire is a Stardust Farm and Medal farm for instance), sometimes you can run into a slight bug where the Quest NPC supposed to take the stones doesn't recognize that you have them until you wait long enough or go kill them again. This is why reinitialization comes with a warning, even if you're just using it on the Graveyard (Graveyard farming is the easiest reset farm and also the safest reset farm outside of the bosses).

>> No.19244683

>>19243668
>>19244448
I forgot to add, but if you're not experienced in diving into the code, there is an alternative approach that you can take. I'd make a backup of your save, then from there open up elosnack and modify the date data (It should be modifiable under gdata.s1). This would be the easiest way to check what situation you're in.

>> No.19244780

>>19244683
does the game always start on the same date? Would be helpful to know for certain.

>> No.19244844

>>19243963
Actually never mind it turns out even with my crap accuracy this easily outpowers normal moves, while being ranged. Very good suggestion.
It also gives such stupidly high eye of mind exp I'm having to devote all of my PP just to that single skill. At 50% exp it gives about 1/10th of a level per use on remotely tough enemies. Levels other 'hit stuff' skills pretty fast, too, but not as retard fast as Eye of Mind. I don't get how or why Eye of Mind is getting so much exp; wiki says it goes up on crits. I'm not seeing many crits. But its hard to tell since I'm hitting things 324 times per turn. The game can't display that many hits in log.

>> No.19244855

>>19244780
I don't remember for sure but I'm pretty sure it's always some month of year 517. It *should* always start on the same date due to how the story runs.

>> No.19244877

Someone please walk this moron through how to bring elosnack up to date with the extra files? I don't wanna screw anything up even more.

>> No.19244897

>>19244877
As far as I know elosnack has never really needed updating. It just won't have memory labels for newer things.

>> No.19244967

Do ranged weps work for hitting stuff in melee stuff like melee do in ranged? Or do you get the stats but miss out on hits.

>> No.19245048

>>19244967
https://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29/1.20_-_1.29#1.20
>[It] relies on Blunt skill and the damage dice is halved. Firearms and bows will also have reduced fixed damage and will not have any bonuses from the ammo.

>> No.19245109

>>19244448
Okay, I set the date back to 11/30, and the festival didn't start back up, so I don't think it's number 2

>> No.19245205

>>19245109
Okay, So I made a new character, and the noyel festivle showed up perfectly even with mucking about in elosnack.

>> No.19245298

>>19244448
So, honestly I think I just perma-ended the festival in my main character.

>> No.19245382

>>19245048
Based

>> No.19245401

>>19245298
Oh god, I'm a saturday morning villain who hates fun and wants to cancel the yearly festival... but I won. And I didn't even mean too!

>> No.19245633

>>19245205
>noyel festivle showed up perfectly even with mucking about in elosnack.
That's expected. It's your individual files (for the save) that are the problem, not the global files with the game. That's why trying to fix it is problematic because there's no real guide as to which file in the save goes where. You have to basically visit it every month and see if the festival occurs. Manually changing the date into the month won't work (no refresh). If you gave it like 3 - 4 days leeway maybe it would work (You shouldn't be in Noyel during this time)

>> No.19245653

>>19245109
To confirm, you changed the date to the last day of November, moved on the global map until December 1st kicked in, then entered Noyel and there was no festival right?

>> No.19245661

>>19245653
correct.

>> No.19245731

>>19245661
Then the likelihood that it's actually on some sort of counter increases. You have no real alternative but to test it manually.

>> No.19245785

>>19245731
Okay, so every game starts on 517/8/12, and I fucked up on the 28th of 12, so it should be some time around month 4 or 5. I'll get back to you on that in a bit

>> No.19245899

And now the festival is back for some reason. I literally have no clue why. Fuck it, I'm not going to question it at all.

>> No.19247164

>>19245899
None shall stand before Jure's spread of her faith.

>> No.19247179

>>19247164
It is always fun to preach in the middle of the crowd and convert them all though.
Last festival everyone ended up following Lulwy.

>> No.19250820
File: 236 KB, 644x295, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So what's everyone doing in their games? I'm finally fast enough to do non-combat quests again so I'm replanting my whithered farm, trying to breed ashura for the necklace and buying flying scrolls as much as I can so I can maybe get superb+ in all resistances.

>> No.19251915

Oops, killed every person in a party time event because they had good shit according to oracle scroll and I wasn't seeing any -karma messages. Now everyone hates me :(

>> No.19252067

>>19251915
It was noble kids, I got a -10 for a mica n 3x emerald

>> No.19252222

>>19252067
Guess I just need to murderbone slightly less hard. Never noticed before now how many party time quests are from guards. I don't usually do evil stuff like randomly kill people in party time for gear.

>> No.19252402

>abilities that can be taught to pets via Custom AI are whitelisted
Fuck.
Any way to update this by hand? I’m trying to give a themed set to one of my pets.

>> No.19252453

>>19252402
Go into the source.hsp that comes with custom and search the id number of the spell/action you want until you find an area that looks like it checks the blacklisted ones, i cant remember what line it was

>> No.19252757
File: 20 KB, 1012x432, list.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19252453
I was hoping I wouldn't have to figure out how to recompile this, but that's where the whitelist is alright.
Seems like the last ability whitelisted was Fascination Dance, any abilities added after that can't be Custom AI'd unless you do the bullshit I'm up to right now.

Bless Anna for marking every section she added changes to by the way.

>> No.19252811

>>19252757
Recompiling is easy, either use HSP 3.4 or change the sortnote function to something else if you inssit on sing 3.5

>> No.19253116
File: 251 KB, 600x404, Completely Buddy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19250820
I'm preparing to retire my current character and start over. I finally managed to acquire suitable equipment for the new character to inherit, so now I'm trying to hunt down Nefia Cores to add the missing status immunities.

>> No.19253141

>>19253116
That seems kind of mediocre to carry over. Wouldn't something with more elemental defense and pv be better?

>> No.19253152

>>19252811
I don't suppose you know what option it is to make it compile?

>> No.19253202

>>19253141
It's still unfinished. It'll be converted to griffon scale, craft repair kit'd, enhanced to +15, and get elemental resistance added via artifact fusion later.
It has two things that can't be covered with artifact fusion: it sustains six different stats (even five is a fairly high number in my experience, and I want all ten stats sustained) and it provides a 4% chance to negate any incoming damage.

>> No.19253206

>>19252811
>>19253152
No wait, found it here http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:17104
(It's Ctrl + F9)
Dunno why that post didn't show up even when I searched for HSP under the blogs.

>> No.19253217
File: 14 KB, 426x307, f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19253202
I've never actually bothered using craft kits and the like even once. Just relied on luck for good shit. How will it when finished compare to, for example, these boots I found somewhere?

>> No.19253266

>>19253217
It'll be (14,11) [17,12], not counting the plusses, and while I haven't had Thalia analyze its current enchant power, I'd say it'll end up with somewhere between equal and twice as much total elemental resistance as those boots.

>> No.19253269

>>19253266
nice

>> No.19253630

How do I level up my pet's negotiation?

>> No.19253647

>Kill all the act 1 super bosses to see if I can
>Plant artifact seeds
>Every single one makes a mediocre necklace, when that slot is dedicated to the Ashura necklace
Well that sucked. Literally any other slot'd be fine since I accidently lost my 7league boots and I've yet to wish for anything else of note.

>> No.19253651

>>19253630
Have them run your shop for a while.

>> No.19253667

>>19253651
That's the thing, my pet IS running my shop but since their negotiation is so low they are not selling anything at all. I've used the bronze coins to give my pet superb charisma and negotiation potential but it still isn't improving.

>> No.19253685

>>19253667
Negotiation affects sale price, but Charisma determines whether or not they make the sale at all.
You may want to raise their Charisma a bit by having them tag along with you while you're investing.

>> No.19254199

>>19251915
>>19252067
>>19252222
You only lose karma for killing those noble kids, and when scrolls of oracle activate it's generally not referring to them. Learn the patterns because the patterns are fixed.

Oracle generally is used to point out artifact npcs like larniere or lomias, and sometimes people like farmers (who can carry the Zweibel). I don't remember the full list.

>>19253667
Either start with things that are easy to sell, or get them traveling then just grind them normally.

>> No.19255894

What pet should I choose for riding and develop its speed with hermes and stuff?
It would be highly unefficient to develop lame horse because there are monsters with much much higher base speed. Which one should I pick?
Last time I played I chose xeren tank, and all in all it was good, but maybe there is smth better.

>> No.19255983

>>19255894
I'd say get something low level and raise its speed with AP. My first choice is the Defender. Their unique lay hand ability can save your life once per day and, when they learn the barrier ability, their high mana will make them very durable.

>> No.19256198

>>19255983
So it is better to use low lvl pets??? But they can't kill anyone so strong to get ap.

>> No.19256596

>>19255894
You want something with the horse flag and low speed. Better speed ini. Lame horse is basically only outclassed in that regard by Young Lady. You can also just choose a strong pet in general and lose the horse flag.

>>19256198
Hold hands, have them ride you. Sorted.

>> No.19256783
File: 173 KB, 675x461, hahah oh wow.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The chain hit penalty may be just a tiny bit too strong imo.

>> No.19256832

>>19256783
Judging by [every recent change] I’m just going to plant my ass on 1.75 forever.
Ano has some truly stupid stuff planned for the next update as well.

>> No.19257485

How does one go about quickly maxing out Mani? Guns don't seem to be sold much. They're less common on dungeon floors (ammo is super common, but apparently ammo isn't good enough).

>> No.19257491

>>19256832
Same here. I wouldn't touch anything post-1.75 unless I was able to edit/recompile it. Something like adding "disable combo penalty system" and "disable thirst system" and whatnot to Custom's tweaks menu.

>> No.19257493

>>19257485
Invest 50 once or twice into the two gun vendors in the cyber dome, there's even an altar to offer right away.

>> No.19257499

>>19257493
I didn't know cyber dome had vendors lol. Ty

>> No.19257554

>>19257499
Cyber Dome also regularly carries food processor and juice mixer on those vendors, even with zero investment. Two inferior scrolls gives lightweight options for food/drink on the go.

>> No.19257898

if ( inv(3, rp) != 895 & inv(3, rp) != 892 & inv(3, rp) != 850 & inv(3, rp) != 871 & inv(3, rp) != 893 & inv(3, rp) != 923 & inv(3, rp) != 938 & inv(3, rp) != 948 ) {
cdata(70, r1) += inv(20, rp) * 2 + (inv(17, rp) == 1) * 2 + limit((inv(7, rp) + 1) / 5000, 0, 40)
cdata(71, r1) += inv(20, rp) * 2 + (inv(17, rp) == 1) * 2
}

This shit says that for every piece of armour (not including tonfas+claws, but including rings+amulets) PV increases by 1 for every 5s of weight, capping at +40 at 200s. This is probably not very useful though, as PV has diminishing returns and it's probably more useful to increase weapon weight for extra damage.

>> No.19259929

>>19257485
The only alternative to the Cyber Dome is the dedicated reset farm location for Gods.

>> No.19260294
File: 4 KB, 126x126, 1290714888987.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19257491
Well, now that I puzzled out how the hell to recompile Elona it's opened up some neat stuff.
Like I just ported the "it enhances when charging" fix back to 1.75.

>> No.19260372

How do I prevent E+ Custom from randomly crashing? I've tried setting compatibility to 7 and Vista with little luck.

>> No.19260581

>>19256198
You can use gene engineering to level them up very quickly. Their stats and skills will still be bad, but they'll have some HP at least. AP gain is based on how powerful they were when they spawned, not how powerful they are now, so gene engineering them up ASAP won't cause any problems. For building AP, use a tag formation, either with yourself or with your strongest pet. Then go somewhere you can earn AP, low levels of the void are highly recommended. Your new pet will gain AP from kills made by whoever they're tagged with and it shouldn't be long at all before you can get their speed up to par.

If you don't want to bother, a konigs katze is basically just a better xeren tank and shouldn't be too hard for a level-appropriate character to obtain. It will definitely be outperformed by pets that started out at low levels once you hit act 3 though. It also doesn't have cHorse, but that's more of a convenience than a necessity.

>> No.19261799

>>19260581
>You can use gene engineering to level them up very quickly
I tried that and i can seem to only lvl them up to level 25, and then EXP they gain from ge is diminished or something?

>> No.19261834

>>19261799
What level is the creature you're engineering into them? They can't go higher than that (or maybe higher than one less than that).

>> No.19262339

>>19257898
>and it's probably more useful to increase weapon weight for extra damage.
Will weapons turn to cargo if you add too much weight or does that only work for items?

>> No.19263021

>>19256832
Yah its pretty fun killing. Had to be nerfed the one time I pull this crap off. Continuous attacks ignores the system entirely and does more damage but that ruins the fun of stacking weps with on hit effects. I've also noticed if I hit stuff too much during timestop with normal attacks they'll teleport 1 tile for some reason.

>> No.19263497

In case anyone has interest in removing the chain attack damage reduction, I think I found the block of code for it:
------------
if ( cdata(444, dmghp_arg1) >= 50 ) {
dmg@m149 = dmg@m149 / 10 * (10 - cdata(444, dmghp_arg1) / 20)
if ( cdata(444, dmghp_arg1) >= 200 ) {
dmg@m149 = 1
}
}
----------
I've edited my code so i don't know the exact line, but "cdata(444" should be a good enough search. You could either comment out the damage portion or whatever increases the var. Not encouraging changing mechanics, but if you want to enjoy newer features and disagree with the nerf to dual wield, this is a way to remove it and recompile.

>> No.19263503

>>19263497
Based

>> No.19263589
File: 71 KB, 659x683, ara.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do people who constantly raid wandering vendors for their loot still do quests? Half the quests you get are from guards. Trying to get my last few resistances up to superb so I can just not take damage (except to melee). I think I've got every guaranteed or easy to obtain good equip I can get in act 1 and 2 so this seems like the next step.

>> No.19263616

>>19263589
I don’t regularly raid vendors because 9/10 times their items are trash.

>> No.19263657

>>19263616
Oh darn. Guess I gotta hope to find some duel gloves and kill adventurers on sight instead. Although I'm already carrying like 30 cure corruption I haven't used in ages because they also rarely hold anything of value

>> No.19263694

>>19263657
Well I mean, just ask to see their stock first and use that to decide if they’re worth raiding.

>> No.19263703

>>19263694
I figured most of it'd be good for when I do that artifact fusion thing, but honestly I still need to go look up in the wiki how exactly that works since the last time I got this far in Elona the game ended in act 2.

>> No.19263985

>>19262339
No idea, but making weapons that heavy is pointless. The static bonus caps at 200s and the bonus for crits caps at 360s+opponents equipment weight, which is never anywhere near the weight to turn into cargo.

>> No.19263996

>>19263703
It doesn't fuse multiple artifacts together.
>have an <item> or an {item} (not ammo)
>get special fusion materials from crafting, repeatable quests, or awoken nefia
>awoken nefia have stronger monsters (like the void) and some levels will have gimmicks (e.g. gravity is constantly applied and there are landmines everywhere), you get a special item that can be used every two days to awaken nefia near you
>fusion materials contain an enchantment (e.g. STR +11, magic damage [####], resist lightning [###], see invisible)
>artifact fusion adds the fusion material's enchantment to the <item> or {item}, up to a certain limit of enchantment power

>> No.19264010

Speaking of artifact fusion, is there some reliable way to farm for scrolls of gain attribute?

>> No.19264015

>>19263589
You might want to consider upgrading the awesome swimwear into the war suit. Also, why do you have two ranged weapons in melee slots? You'll also want to uncurse that knife and maybe spent a little on raising equipment enchantment levels since it'll still be quite cheap to get another +2/+3 on each item.

>> No.19264085

>>19263996
Seems nifty. Harder dungeons should be fun and maybe justify the use of super powerful weps in every slot.

>>19264015
I probably should yea. Shena's panties are for timestop, which procs far more with it than without, and adds far more damage than any melee wep without timestop I could reasonably find right now could ever hope to add. It doesn't add much to my bump damage because lol chains, but continuous attack becomes insanely strong
Kaneituuhou is basically filler because I have nothing better to use yet. Outsider of Ether gear which seem like they'd be a pain in the ass and the holy lance which is still too heavy. Its got decent resists on it at the very least.

>> No.19264369

>thirst mechanic being added after all this time
For what purpose?
Not liking any of the 1.78 changes

>> No.19264401

>>19264369
Don't forget the new anti-afk grind npc. IN a game about grinding that already uses potential to discourage heavy afk grind.

>> No.19264510

>need to rest for stamina
>hold 5
>takes 15 bazillion years because stamina is fucking terrible
>get killed by uber npc because lmao u was afk grinding

>> No.19265330

>>19264401
The worst part is all of these things are just so contrived.
He couldn’t think of a good way to make scummed mutants not OP, so he throws in an attack limiting system that’s wholly artificial and fucks a ton of things up beyond its target.
He couldn’t think of a way to stop “just afk holding a button” training (even though potential already makes this inefficient) so he introduces a super enemy to show up after so many attacks, which is just about the sloppiest bandaid solution I could ever imagine.
It’s the steady introduction of a shitload of senseless mechanics that inevitably complicate things for people who weren’t even engaging in these activities that Ano disapproves of.

>> No.19265356

>>19265330
Thankfully custom releases the source with every update, with nice touchups to the decompiled code. I already removed the attack nerf from my copy, gonna just remove the super retard when that releases.

>> No.19265473

>Get drake rod, didn't even know it existed, seems badass
>Game crashes
>Load save, its completely blank and says ''updating from version 0'' or some such shit, dead save
>Load backup
>No drake rod
Sadness.

>> No.19267138

>>19263589
>so this seems like the next step.
All of your weapons should at least be +10 across the board. Farm stardust in party time if you have to for +15

>> No.19267484

What does "throw major potion" even mean? Will she just throw any potion in her inventory?

>> No.19267490

>>19264510
Maybe you shouldn't be a retard and actually pay attention to your surroundings

>> No.19267494

>>19267490
T. shit dev

>> No.19267546

>>19265330
>>19265356
What's this about a attack limiting machanic? I was just about to make a mutant with a shit ton of arm slots but if that's been nerfed then fuck

>> No.19267562

>>19267546
Ano implemented a new 'feature' in 1.76 that adds a chain attack system. After landing 50 attacks on a character before they get another turn, the damage you do is decreased as your landed attacks raise until at 200 attacks you do 1 damage every hit. Continuous attack is unaffected, but this change heavily hurt them utant playstyle of stacking hands and getting timestop weapons to make up for the lack of heavy crits.

This also applies to enemies attacking the player and so serves as sort of "newb protect" against rooms of asura I guess but without 20+ hands of timestops its unlikely enemies will ever get too high of a chain on you.

>> No.19267576

>>19267562
It also counts hits from pets, so people with many pets up against boss enemies will also suffer for it.

>> No.19267587

>>19267576
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Code-wise it's literally just a var on each char counting hits, so I think any physical attack raises it no matter the source. No idea if magic does but its not like it matters unless you chain paralysis 50 times.

>> No.19267627

>>19267484
You don't need to give her potions, the skill randomly throws one from a list.

>> No.19267631

>>19267546
>>19256783
This is what the effect looks like in action. You can see I'm doing 8 damage, then 0. And it stays at 0. At the time I was doing a few hundred per hit outside of chains.
One anon rec'd using continuous attacks to bypass it which works well but just takes out the fun of on-hit effects which are kind of the appeal of the the thing to begin with.

>> No.19267836

>>19267627
Will she also throw healing potions if I make her target me?

>> No.19267908

>>19267836
It’s exclusively bad potions. You don’t want that.

>> No.19268275

>>19267908
>You've never eaten this much before
Do you think the innkeepers get mad when I keep coming back and demanding more and more food than the last time?

>> No.19268886

>>19265356
Wonder if I can revert the nerf to eggs no longer getting corpse bonuses if I look through the code

>> No.19268910

>>19268886
When was this changed?

>> No.19270059

>>19268910
1.67, so last april

>> No.19270149

>>19268886
The easiest way to do it would probably be to diff 1.66 and 1.67 to see what changed in the ocde, then go to the appropriate area in 1.78 or w/e you want to play and put the code to apply it to eggs back in.

>> No.19270306

>>19270149
Main issue is finding older versions of elona+ to download

>> No.19270370

>>19267562
The only time I've ever seen an enemy approach over 50 attacks were the helicopter mobs in Kai's challenge dungeon. This is almost strictly a playerside nerf.
>>19265356
Who is this super mob I keep hearing people talk about? I can't find any mention of it in the changelogs.

>> No.19270409

>>19270370
>>Who is this super mob I keep hearing people talk about? I can't find any mention of it in the changelogs.
its a planned mechanic for next version. the game will spawn in a random mob, scaled vastly above you, if it thinks you are afk grinding
depending on how sensitive it is i could see it spawning on extremely high level people resting to regain stamina since so little in the game actually raises stamina regen rate

>> No.19270492
File: 20 KB, 461x446, BloodyShade&#039;s Elona Repository.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19270306
https://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25014

>> No.19270506

>>19270370
>I can't find any mention of it in the changelogs.
https://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:28357
Scroll down to "Partial changelog for next version".
>Added an NPC to discourage afk grinding.
>If the player character remains on the same tile and physical attacks keep getting used, a warning message will now get displayed.

>> No.19270718

Reading this code is awful

>> No.19270823

>>19270718
i think its nice :)
if u dont agree, feel bad :(
if u do agree, feel good :)
if u feel good, feel happy :)
if u happy, feel good :)

>> No.19271143

>>19270718
Someday, ElonaFoobar will be complete, and Elona+/Custom will be a mod/fork/whatever for it. Until that glorious day, we just have to put up with HSP spaghetti.

>> No.19271159

>>19271143
Might have to give up on the egg nonsense

>> No.19271166

>>19270718
This is pretty much how every coder in the industry feels reading code that wasn't written by them.

>> No.19271910

Here's a fun trick:
The pot for fusion's "Junk Make" recipe will turn any four items into a worthless fake gold bar, a potion of dirty water, a broken vase, and a dead fish.
The <Strange scientist> in the Cyber Dome will produce an infinite number of little balls upon request.
So, let's say you've got a lot of milk+10, and you want to make it into cheese+10. Just use Junk Make with a potion of dirty water, a dead fish, a worthless fake gold bar, and a little ball, and you can convert little balls to broken vases at will.
Another use would be to obtain dead fish and sacrifice them to Ehekatl on the nearby altar for easy favor (as long as you're using E+ v1.68 or later).

>> No.19271946

>>19271910
>Another use would be to obtain dead fish
BASED imma make a ton of this out of my piles of literal shit. Only got this god and the bow one left to do and they both seem super annoying since theres no bow or fish vendor

>> No.19272012

>>19271910
Oh boy, incoming ano nerf. Though you could also do this with snow, right?csince you can justp ick up piles of it.

>> No.19272102

>>19272012
Just don't update to newer versions, problem solved. Honestly none of the recent updates have really added anything all that important. You could be playing on early 1.5/1.6 and you wouldn't be missing out on much.

>> No.19272112

>>19272102
The new equipment crafting system is nice.

>> No.19272327

>>19272102
There's stuff on the newer versions I enjoy but I do miss some of the older features that were changed

>> No.19272984

>>19261799
They only level up when combined with something above their level. Go get some high level pokeballs.

>> No.19273122

>>19261799
level is meaningless except as a validity check
they get +1 in each stat for ever 2 levels in that stat the NPC being spliced has above your pet, up to +10 in each stat
NPC being spliced must be higher level

>> No.19273192

>>19272327
You could always play Amylona, the best variant

>> No.19273324

>>19270409
>resting
That's not physical attacks, so it won't spawn.

>> No.19273356

>>19270506
I hit things about 360 times per turn during time stop via continuous attacks. I don't move while doing this. Wonder if it'll spawn on me.

>> No.19274159

>>19273192
[citation needed]

>> No.19274164

>>19273356
depending on hsp's capabilities i imagine it'll be introduced one of two ways:
a) it tracks the number of skillgains you've had since your last character movement, or b) it'll track keystrokes

>> No.19274282
File: 41 KB, 450x525, 1498219592310.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was getting an error that git was not found when running nmake -f Makefile.win. I opened up makefile.win and on a hunch changed FIND=find to FIND=dir /s and it generated a solution file. Haven't tried to build the solution yet so I'm not sure if this a correct thing to do. Will report back tomorrow.

>> No.19274759

>>19274164
If it's an anti-macro measure, it probably tracks movement as well. If I have to guess, staying on a dungeon floor too long will automatically spawn an out of depth monster.

>> No.19274811

>>19274759
You give Ano too much credit.
It’s just enough to counter the strategy of equipping the Sasumata and putting a weight on the movement key.

>> No.19277860

>>19274164
>a) it tracks the number of skillgains you've had since your last character movement
Eh this one should be fine. Even with all my arms and continuous attacks, it takes 5-10 actions to level up minds eye, the fastest leveling melee skill.

>> No.19279004

>>19274282
this works, for anyone interested in building elona foobar on windows

>> No.19279930

>>19274282

Strange, I don't get that error. Although, by default I have Unix utilities on my PATH and I know that Unix find and Windows find can clash. For now I removed the directives from Makefile.win, since they aren't useful on Windows anyway.

>> No.19280794

What the hell does Shining Wave do? There's absolutely nothing about it on the wiki

>> No.19280946

>>19280794
The wiki sometimes has /Technical subpages. Look again.

>> No.19281758

>>19280794
Shoots out a ranged attack based on tactics skill that does pure magic damage. Nice early, falls off later

>> No.19282052

>>19280794
"Does magic damage, but damage done is based on strength and tactics. "
From the wiki. Its porbably the strongest attack in act 1 if you don't have violent garden, but swiftly becomes useless in act 2. Also removed from the game in Amylona since the dude who made that is so fucking bad they think its OP forevever.

>> No.19282491

>>19282052
Does anyone play Amylona aside from Amy?

>> No.19282766

>>19282491
I tried it but it was bad :(

>> No.19283165

>>19273192
Stop shilling this garbage. All I want is for eggs to carry corpse bonuses again

>> No.19283497
File: 81 KB, 618x182, (huge distant explosion).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think a rockbomb triggered a landmine or something. Whatever it was, I'm sure glad I wasn't anywhere nearby.

>> No.19283509

>>19283497
Looks like a danger room full of (cluster) bomb rocks.

>> No.19284763

>It is metamorphosed into a sun crystal.
OK, if anyone was wondering, you can't use a rod of alchemy to reroll a nefia core.

>> No.19284915

so, looking for advice.

First time playing, lvl 20, have not acomplished much besides a cute farm. martial arts almost 50, tactics 40, stats ok I guess... I grew to dislike martial arts and I want to make a gene to switch.

How likely is for me to get those friendship tokens to rise afection? I don't even know where they are, for a start

>> No.19284932

>>19284915
You can craft them with pot of fusion. If you plan on making a gene you may be better off farming money for gifts from souvenier vendor/embassy/general store, but really if you're only 20 I wouldnt bother geneing, just change your weapon if you want to switch skills.

>> No.19284950

>>19284915
Why would you make a gene to switch? Literally just start using other weapons. The only reasons to gene are A: You got bored of a super endgame character and B: Carrying over shit for fairy/mutant abuse. Otherwise anything you'd want to do on your new dude you can do faster on your current.

>> No.19284964

>>19284915
Don't worry about tokens. Just keep with your pet until you reach Fellow, then make lovely bouquets.

>> No.19285081

>>19284950
>>19284932
Guess it's true. Wanted to make a lil' milestone to change style but true, I can just switch

>> No.19285175

>>19284915
Run through Puppy Cave to raise affection for your pets or adventurers. Gifts are better than friendship tokens otherwise.

>> No.19285478

What songs do you guys play in the background while playing your Elona? For me it's this:
https://youtu.be/uOhv43F-F6M

>> No.19285502

>>19223993
Don't make pets worse, just make it easier for the MC to keep up.

>> No.19285502,1 [INTERNAL] 

New player here - could someone tell me what the symbol that looks like 2 crossed keys or a knot at the left side of an equipment enhancement means? like the "It increases your Will" or "It improves your Two Hand skill" some equipment have that symbol while other doesn't

>> No.19286958

New player here - could someone tell me what the symbol that looks like 2 crossed keys or a knot at the left side of an equipment enhancement means?

>> No.19287140

>>19286958
Nothing. It's part of an older, unfinished artifact fusion system

>> No.19288640

>>19285502
Problem with that is the game is already super easy solo - I never even use pets, never have any real difficulties.
I don't think there is a way to 'fix' things that would appeal to people who want to play with pets of about equal strength without the game just becoming even more of a joke and those who don't want pets nerfed. Really, pets should have never been made anywhere near this retardedly strong to begin with, but now people are used to it.

>> No.19291779

>>19288640
The system as it stands still depends on investment. If you're running a full fleet of basic pets without AP/elona custom and ignoring their potentials/armor to focus exclusively on yourself, chances are most pets will end up dying rapidly even before Act 1 ends. It's not a bad way to keep pets at equal strength, but then arguably at a certain point they become dead weight.

Honestly, if they permanently fixed all potentials for pets at hopeless and removed food/AP from them, it'd already go a long ways to nerfing pets, and it'd also make pet builds much more straightforward, since the resource cost of a team would go down dramatically. Granted, it'll also mean that all bosses with AoE will completely destroy a pet team, and pets with low speed will always be deadweight, but every fix is bound to have a downside.

>> No.19291836

Pet balance makes no sense since seemingly they got more exp/ap/potential for cash (which becomes increasingly more unfair the further you get)/stat growth from items because there are potentially many of them... but they share all that shit with you. And you don't get any of that. Its just nonsensical. Then you get crap like their casting rules allowing full armor and duel wield and still near perfect cast rate, Gavela only costing 1% hp (the fuck?) and it just feels like someone really, REALLY loved pets and wanted them to just be plainly better than the already overpowered MC and hyperscale beyond you, rather than be an equal partner you can fight alongside.
There are also things which can't be fixed as a result of them being monsters like their access to flags which reduce damage to practically nothing and access to unique extremely useful or powerful skills you either can't get or in the case of boost you can only access every 2 days unless you dupe the item via little girls with a super low duration.
Them being balanced by investment only matters if you have super excessively large amounts because money is still despite the repeated nerfs incredibly easy to gain far more of than you ever need. Getting good armor isn't expensive, trading for good shit isn't, pots of potential and water aren't until you need to get 6+ of them in one go.

>> No.19292177

>>19291779
>>19291836
just remove the 10x multiplier to xp so they scale like normal, I don't see what potential locking has to do with anything
PCs only have shit potential early on their first playthrough before understanding the importance of waifu breakfast, picnic baskets and Yacatect

>> No.19292199

And on ap. And on stats gained through items. And gaining potential via gold.
Nerf all of that and they're still stronger than any PC that isn't a mage but not by such a ridiculous amount. The gavela thing doesn't need to be nerfed, it should just always have low cost, so you can actually experiment with it on a PC without needing to grind little sister requiring items to restore the hp and on pets without replacing the pets/grinding less of the same items because pets get ridic item gains

>> No.19292264

>>19292177
>so they scale like normal
The point of the multiplier is to make pets actually worth raising. Before the multiplier existed raising pets was an exercise in frustration because it effectively cut your growth in half to raise one pet, there was no reason to do it other than an autistic obsession because you could just go down in the void and snag an all-2000 copy.

>> No.19292272

And the result is them scaling like retards. Its not a good system. Of course raising 2 characters is more effort than one. Because you get 2 characters as a result.

>> No.19292295

>>19292272
Except it wasn't worthwhile at all. 2 characters means nothing when one is a braindead retard. You have to remember vanillah ad no way to teach pets anything new- what you caught was how it stayed. So half the pets were useless, sideeffects like nurse healing enemies made even more detrimental. Pets were only good for doing more dps, and without buffs the pc easily outscaled any of them.
It's a singleplayer game. If you think pets are retarded, don't use them. Or don't feed them herbed food. Or edit the source, since it's made public every E+C release. I'd prefer it if pets didnt go back to being completely useless for the rest of us though.

>> No.19292316

I said ages ago in the thread I don't think they should be nerfed to uselessness. There is a level between ''gains 2X exp/Ap/lowered gavela costs/ignores casting penalties/gets bonus growth from items'' broken and ''fucking useless''. They got buffed too fucking much.
And not using them is not a solution. Some of us would like pets to actually feel like partners that are roughly comparable to our MC's, not useless sacks of shit or hyperscaling monsters who gain speed and every other stat faster than you and never get slowed down by increasing platinum costs because they just plain ignore platinum being a thing.

>> No.19292358

>>19292316
Can you describe a bit more where you'd LIKE them to be then? Because simply equalizing them with the player makes them go back to being useless.
They've never had platinum costs, no idea where you got that they gain 2x xp globally, have always ignored casting penalties and their bonus growth from food is closer to 3.3x now that players always get the 3x bonus.
The only thing ano buffed was gavela costs, adding AP, and bonus from food (which is now much closer to the player). So if you could explain where you want them to be, that'd be helpful instead of bitching about literally everything.

>> No.19292402

>>19292358
Yes, they've always been a bit broken balanced out by being shit at other things. Now they're all around broken and balanced by literally nothing. They got more upsides and none of their existing ones removed.
For one thing, remove the increased item gain from pets. There's no justification for it. It'd make sense if they just shared these items with other pets, but they don't, they share it with the player, who lacks these buffs.
Remove the complete ignoring of casting limitations. Also no reason for them to have that.
Exp/ap gain is hard because they get more of it to justify having more of them... but the player shares sources of that shit with them. And gets no buff. So the result is they can easily just get tons more of everything out of every kill than you do, leading to them getting more kills, which are worth more and snowballing to the point the PC can't compare. The only possible way to balance this would be to scale the players growth to number of allies, but that'd also break the game, as people would get useless allies with tank items then kill everything with the player to scale super fast.
The other half is the player should have access to, if solo, the same shit pet players just arbitarily get for free. Mats on kill, stradivarious level performing with no instrument, free items on sleep, free food on sleep. The pets give you all of this, scale faster, cost less to raise AND ignore casting limits. Its fucking stupid. I don't see how you are so unable to see there's a level between the sheer stupidity of them now and how they used to be. Neither was remotely close to ideal.
As is, playing solo isn't that fun because you miss out on a ton of objectively great things and the pets are a large part of the appeal in Elona
But playing with a pet isn't that fun because they're fucking broken and actively outscale the game at an absolutely absurd rate no matter what you do

>> No.19292445

>>19292402
I agree with the point on allowing solo players more access to some pet stuff, but this is already balanced on some aspects. Materials on kill is a chance roll based on their relevant gathering skill, and requires they get the killing blow. In turn, you lose out on ap/xp from the kill for a chance to get some material.
I find your complaints about performing difficult to understand, since it seems to work as you want it to? If you have pets and want to invest in them you can group perform with them contributing a fraction of their skill to help. If you go solo, you can pick up a stradivarius from Stoke/bards and get your own strad effect.
Yes, they get more ap from kills, but you still haven't told me where in the code/wiki you found they get more xp from doing stuff? The only thing I've ever found was increased food gains. I haven't seen anything suggesting they train skills twice as fast or anything. And gaining more AP is because Ano has already explained AP to be a system first and foremost for pets, to make raising lower pets much better, getting their speed up and such to compete. The player being able to use AP is more of an after thought considering the player already had many ways of gaining access to more power much more efficiently.
The casting I agree with, heavy armor/dual wield SHOULD come with penalties for pets, but it's not anything new and not something I think Ano's going to touch since npc spawning would need to be reworked signifigantly (npcs get random, possibly heavy gear- this could ruin spellcaster npc balance without more work).

>> No.19292472

Material on kill denying the player exp doesn't balance it. It just further rewards the pet more than the player.
I said pet users can do what stradivarious can without getting it. And solo players should be able to. You somehow managed to completely misread my post. Getting pets skill added to yours is fair and makes sense, having the RNG of finding stradivarious removed, saving weight from carrying instruments (which can be an issue early game depending on luck, as most of the good ones are heavy) and saving a slot feels really arbitary and more of a ''fuck you for playing solo'' more than anything else.
XP I was probably just wrong about. AP alone is still fucking stupid. The logic was probably ''any kill one pet gets, another does not, so boost both and it works out''. The reality is ''pet takes kill and gains double ap and a ton of free mats a solo player simply cannot get like that and the player gets no exp and no boost to make up for that''. AP system being first and foremost for pets in no way makes it any less balanced, it just means Ano is a fucking moron who broke the balance by design.
There IS a balance that could be made where pets are engaging, fair and compete relatively evenly with the player. But we will never see it. And outside of these discussions, I'm pretty much fine with that, I stopped using pets ages ago because they always scaled so hard they'd solo the game and ruin the fun of it.

>> No.19292512

>>19292472
I don't think the answer is that solo can do everything without pets without putting forth more effort. If the choice is spending tix (not rng since stoke has a guarateed one for low tix cost), or getting pets increased performer, that seems like a fair trade? If you want to invest gold in pets you dont need strad, if you don't want to you get tix and grab strad.
I understand balancing pets, I don't understand wanting a game with pets to be the exact same as one without one. Saving on slots for stuff is just a benefit to having them, kinda like how having pets means they can carry some stuff without you using 4d pocket.

>> No.19292527

>>19292402
>Remove the complete ignoring of casting limitations. Also no reason for them to have that.
It's because the game has them using NPC casting rules. Because they're NPCs. You'd have to do a major rewrite to the code to change that.

>> No.19292542

That's not at all a fair trade. Tickets are gained via performing, the thing you get stradivarious to do. And its easier to hit the charisma needed to team play and get a random half-decent pet to play with than to get the tickets for the stradi or get lucky enough to find it. Like, that's not even remotely fair, and the performing is the least important part of the imabalance to begin with since performing (and really, all quests) gives such pathetic cash compared to pet ran shops and is mainly just good for stardust/platinum gain.

>>19292527
A shame but fair enough.

>> No.19292559
File: 186 KB, 750x529, peep.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also the debate over Strad/pets for tix is hilarious while Fascination Dance exists.
You know, the action that's fast, has a low SP cost, and requires a whopping ZERO Performer.

>> No.19292575

>>19292559
Doesn't that give no rewards, just more ability to not fail, something you should basically never do anyways beyond 30 performer on pet/40 solo or the moment you have half decent speed regardless of skill?

>> No.19292588

>>19292575
If used in Party Time!:
>it takes 2/3 the number of turns performing takes
>>awards more points than for performing
>but audience will give less money and no items.
Note the second point.
It has half the SP cost, takes 1/3 the turns of Ensemble, and is a straight Charisma check which is easy to boost thanks to Investing.

>> No.19292592

>>19292588
so yea, helps you fail less but gives crap rewards. maybe good in super low levels of performing. nowadays i just pump perform with bonus points since you can just get more of those with ap anyways

>> No.19292601

>>19292592
>crap rewards
But more tickets, which are the real reason you're in Party Time to begin with, no?

>> No.19292614

Speaking of Stradivarious v Ensemble, its shocking how much more gold/items/tickets my mutant with a -50% speed constant and no pet gets compared to previous char who was twice as fast and played with a pet. Actually felt better even when I could only cast it like twice a mission and now its no contest because you can spam it so many more times per mission. You goddamn drown in items.

>> No.19292644

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU CAN COLLECT MATERIALS FROM YOURSELF. Cry cry cry. As for "balance", a player has many ways to get easy money or trade fodder to get OP gear and trash Act 1 with said gear. Cure corruption or oracle scrolls, both high value AND worthless until you need them for specific purposes. Treat the game as that, a game. Have fun with it, abuse your knowledge to the fullest or hold back for challenge.

If that is seriously too hard a concept to understand then Elona Foobar is the answer when it's ready. They want a lot of things on the table to mod. Patience ...

>> No.19292753

How do you collect materials from yourself? You can collect materials on the map, but not from yoruself via killing pets can. Pets give you extra materials ON TOP OF what you get solo, which a solo player simply cannot get.
Also not sure what you even talking about with the gear and money. Every post about those this thread said they're super easy to get, solo or not, and excess money is really only relevant to pet users because they can convert money into instant 400% potential in every skill simutaniously (honestly probably their most broken aspect).
And not sure what you talking about with just treating it like a game, as if that makes flaws non-existent, or everyone in this conversation didn't A: Already say they use pets regardless or B: Already say they don't use them regardless. And as if ignoring the problem with pets being broken suddenly makes it fun to have them solo the game for you or to have to not use them if they don't.
Literally nothing you said is relevant to anything since its all been covered before you came in yelling in all caps.

>> No.19292896
File: 334 KB, 1006x492, targetting_self_lol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19292753
Check the pic, cry less.

As for gear and money, you can use that to power yourself up, or a pet, and trash shit. It's up to you how to go about things. Pets make life easy, but the game itself is easy. This is only because people know how to break it since it's been around for so long.

So, treat the game as a game. Mess around and go through it however you want. For example, want pets but feel they're too powerful? OK, don't feed them as much, stats are now normalized. Don't use Evochat to throw 100k at them, now they don't have gold to train. Think of clever ways to bend the game to you. Slow pets down by being clever, and raise them when you want at a speed you like.

If this is too complex, then you need to MOD THE GAME so there are hard rules set because you cannot use creativity, you must lock yourself into a pen to be happy and docile. Foobar will allow a lot of things to be modded. There's your hard fix to the issues you hold.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action