[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 595 KB, 1282x987, fug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18658658 No.18658658 [Reply] [Original]

Previous thread: >>18616057
What was the most recent thing you accomplished?

>> No.18659263

Working on UFO and 7.5's story mode.
7.5 is a lot harder than I thought it would be, Yuyuko and Suika were ridiculous.

>> No.18659414

>>18658658
>What was the most recent thing you accomplished?
1ccing ur mum it was easy

>> No.18659458

How can I get lives quickly in TH16? I'm not sure I really get how releasing works in terms of score and damage.

>> No.18659535

>>18659458
The more bullets you clear with a release the closer you are to your next release and the more point item value you get from it. The best way is to build up a lot of PIV by chaining releases together on really dense patterns, then collecting as many items as possible with the point of collection, release or bomb autocollects, that way they're at max value. You also get 1/10th of your PIV when you collect season items (correct me if i'm wrong). If you know where to release best you'll get a ton of score from it, especially early on during stage 3 for example, since the added PIV will work throughout stages 4-6

>>18658658
I got a 46% lunatic eosd stage 4 books set recently, felt really good. Added confidence on that pattern is really welcome

>> No.18659644
File: 507 KB, 1070x601, 5465476658554.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

nothing because i'm a fucking beta loser who can't even get a normal 1cc on IN but at the same time i don't want to be a secondary

>> No.18659652

>>18659644
Do not post wojacks on /jp/, kudasai

>> No.18659659

>>18659644
how new are you in this game? keep playing, IN it's easy!

>> No.18659661

>>18659535
Can you explain this a little more in depth? Does PIV last forever?

>> No.18659783

>>18659659
Hey now, IN does have some mechanics, such as familiars, that one must understand before standing a chance.

>>18659644
Dude, chill, try PCB, EoSD or MoF too. Looking up gameplay mechanics for the game you're playing beforehand is also a good idea.

>> No.18659950

>>18659783
On the first runs they are somewhat complex to understand but they aren't that complex to figure out, or to ask what are they for.

>> No.18659994
File: 111 KB, 566x1178, progress.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18658658
I finally finished ticking PoFV boxes today!
Also got IN LNB and some random ExNNNs since I last chartposted I think.
PoDD and HRtP remain a mystery to me. I kind of just don't want to play them any more.
Probably going to slowly grind out GFW now. I remember B1 kicking my ass a few months ago so hopefully that will change.

>> No.18660017

>>18659458
>How can I get lives quickly in TH16?
Play the game a lot, mark the best spots for releasing and use your release there.

A season release cancels the enemy bullets it touches and this in turn increases the point item value (PIV). So the more bullets cancelled at once, the higher your PIV gain. The higher your PIV, the more the point items will be worth (if you increase your PIV to twice its initial value, all point items will award double the usual score, for instance). That, obviously, makes your score increase faster, meaning you'll reach the 1-up requirements sooner, and you'll have more lives.

From there it's a matter of collecting as many point items as possible, and making as much use as you can of autocollection (reaching the PoC, using a bomb or using a release) to ensure that those point items are at their maximum value.

>>18659661
>Does PIV last forever?
You will never lose PIV if that's what you mean. If it's at 25000, then it'll stay that way unless you increase it more with releases.

>> No.18660023

I fucking hate this game. I made it to stage 5 boss with 5 fucking lives and lost them all because of their retarded fucking patterns. I'm literally in tears right now. Fuck HSiFS and fuck touhou

>> No.18660040

>>18659458
depends on what season but for winter its easy to get the 250 million life (500 million is possible but pushing it)

- release level 6 on eternity's first nonspell
- release on every other eternity attack
- release on nemuo's nonspells
- release on lily's nonspell and spell
- release on aunn's lasers (this is very important, save a level 6 for this)
- any stage 5 card with lasers can give nice score
- the big fairies before okina should get released
- release okina's nons

that will get you to the 250 mil life easily

>> No.18660082

>>18660023
Mai and Satono are hard as balls, yes. That's why you bomb and release.

>> No.18660170

>>18660082
They're such fucking bullshit I end up basically wasting bombs because I die before I get the chance to use them.

>> No.18660179

>>18659994
>PoDD [...] mystery
things not making sense? or just not feeling it?
i won't twist your arm, especially since you've already set your sights on something else, but if it's more an issue of wtf-is-this-bullshit then maybe i or someone else here could help.
with those accomplishments, you could certainly l1cc with most characters without much trouble once you get a good feeling for the game.

>> No.18660189

>>18660170
you get 3 bombs per life (a huge amount) and every bomb gets you lots of release. you just need to bomb and release everything they throw at you. kill the left side enemy on both nonspells to get easier cards.

>> No.18660196

>>18659659
i can't really tell, because my memory is bad and i'm very inconsistent , but i'll try to explain

>friend of mine discovers touhou a year ago
>he gets good and tries to introduce me to IN
>i do bad generally, but decent for a first gameplay, friend is impressed by my capacity to solve some tricky spellcards
>he says i have potential and should keep playing
>i keep playing, but not really serious gameplay
>quit after some awful gameplay
>try MoF and PCB, still bad
>quit
>come back a month ago determined to get a 1cc and earn the right to claim that "i like touhou"
>friend is hyped and even makes a 20 min tutorial for me
>i improve quickly, except for marisa's boss fight
>get several gameovers on final boss (eirin), including one on her last spellcard
>happy because of the fact that i can manage to get to the final boss (default starting lives, no continues)
>suddenly have a mental breakdown due to wasting too many bombs and lives against marisa and never getting good at her
>quit
>depression
>2 weeks later DDC catches my eye
>friend tells me to not try it at all
>i still try it
>really get into it because of the characters
>bad at autocollecting because i'm too much of a coward to go up on the screen after stage 3, so not too many lives or bombs in my stock
>practice a lot of spellcards and master most of them
>manage to get to shinmyoumaru on one credit and unlock her on spell practice
>you grow bigger
>definitely quit

so i guess i've only been playing touhou seriously for a less than a month (because of the depression hiatus), but the problem is that i'm very inconsistent, because work gets me stressed enough, so i only play seriously on weekends

>> No.18660250

>>18660189
Fuck I've been going right every time

>> No.18660254
File: 61 KB, 1080x225, AOCF.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18658658
A point device clear on normal mode in LoLK.

>> No.18660268

>>18658658
I almost beat TD with Sanae, if I pressed X at the end I would have.

Otherwise nothing really, unless you count beating my old high score in HSiFS extra. I've been kind of coming out of a semi-hiatus and haven't been pushing myself to beat new stuff.

>> No.18660290

>>18660196
I'll spare you the meme, but danmaku is a genre most people don't play, so you have to get the skill set for it before you get good, and that can take a while. I marathoned the game for like a month and it still took HSiFS coming out before I could get my 1cc, and after that I kind of just kept getting better and clearing more content (i'm probably not what people would call good, though.) The trick is actually to just keep at it, look at other people's runs online, and to allow yourself to fail. Most of your runs will be game overs. Even if you were to hit Lunatic status, most of your runs would probably be game overs, because why would you sit around and only run stuff you know you can clear?

>> No.18660323

>>18660179
Bit of both. Leaning on things not making sense.
My raw reading and reaction speed just aren't good enough to keep up, especially on Yumemi. My micro is also too shit to safely get through a lot of the spells when there's no focus option. My current strategy for almost every stage consists of bombing every boss attack because I can't consistently kill the mobs to build the score combo for reversals (am I supposed to memorize every spawn pattern and where to shoot to kill them because I swear sometimes it's like they just do not die), and then using the invincibility thing with lv4 gauge and just hoping the opponent dies before I do. This sort of works on most fights from 1-8 but Yumemi just refuses to die for me. If you could throw me some general tips other than "read better" that I could refer to next time I give it a try I'd appreciate it.

>> No.18660419
File: 183 KB, 2601x300, 1519639403006.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18660254
Have this with all the characters for comparison.

>> No.18660735
File: 3 KB, 125x111, 1520105836925s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18659783
EoSD was the last game I 1cc'd because I always choked.
I had already 1cc'd LoLK Legacy and SA on Normal and was clearing some extras here and there, and STILL choked on EoSD despite being considered kind of easy on Normal difficulty

>> No.18660782

>>18660735
EoSD will probably be my last, too, so don't feel bad. Granted mine is because the damn thing crashes on startup.

>> No.18660808

>>18660735
Are you me? I had the same thing happening with EoSD but for hard mode, I'm glad I could finally get it. Then back when I was going for normal, I think it was the 5th.

>> No.18660921

When does the next Touhou come out? This summer? Next summer?

>> No.18660938

>>18660921
Probably sometime in 2019, maybe a side game might come out this year.

>> No.18660941

Speaking of EoSD, any advices for Remi's 1st and 2nd non? They are probably the hardest part of the whole fight other than the last survival spell.

>> No.18660958

>>18660941
Don't get hit.

>> No.18661068

What danmaku fangames should I play? Going through Mystical Power Plant and can't get Last Comer to run.

Liked:
Marine Benefit

Meh:
Concealed the Conclusion
White Names

>> No.18661167

>>18661068
shining shooting star

>> No.18661169

>>18661068
Shining Shooting Star
Fantastic Danmaku Festival
Book of Star Mythology
Tri-Focuser if you like the photography spin-offs

>> No.18661290

>>18661068
bosm

>> No.18661414

>>18660323
absolutely. i'll answer what i can now, but it's been a while and i don't want to mis-advise, so if you don't mind waiting for more nuanced info until this weekend/early next week, then i'll use this as an excuse to de-rust on the game and read up on notes.
>reading and reaction speed
a lot of this is familiarity and anticipation (ex: knowing when a clusterfuck is incoming and either timing your enemy chain to clear a path or by positioning yourself on one side of the screen to be ready to macro to the other side), but podd is heavy on reactions and improvisation. it's probably love-it-or-hate-it, but if you like it and keep at it, you'll find those skills improving extremely quickly.
podd is the hyperbolic time chamber of shmups. no joke, despite it being a cancel-em-up.
>micro [...] no focus
macro is the name of the game, along with using enemy chains to clear paths through pellets and fireballs (charge attacks are also good for clearing fireballs, although they won't chain or clear pellets on their own).
micro is rough, but some patterns are aimed (ex: reimu's and some of yumemi's) or are aimed just around you (ex: rikako's except at a couple spell levels where the final bullets are tight together), so tap-dodging then watching for stray pellets often suffices. for stuff like kotohime's level-threes, if you're human, it's safer to run the fuck away or position yourself for the bullets to miss (and then run the fuck away when that doesn't work).
somewhere i copied a thesis' worth of notes from zil, so i should be able to regurgitate some more specifics on attacks later.
>am I supposed to memorize every spawn pattern and where to shoot to kill them
yeah. there aren't that many, though, and it's a lot easier than how you make it sound. use charge attacks when you don't have time/space to start a chain by shooting; even if you accidentally destroy an entire line of enemies at once (instead of just hitting an initial enemy or two), a new line will show up immediately afterward. fyi: if you let an enemy escape, it will take a second longer for the next enemies to appear.
some enemy patterns, like the diagonal one, are tough to chain the entire way, so you'll usually need to help them finish. if things are too crazy to deal with that, you can always charge attack through undesirable patterns to move on to the next one. usually, though, you'll want chains to work themselves, since your combo only goes up through chaining, not by killing enemies (iirc killing enemies just temporarily keeps your combo from dropping entirely).
>boss attack
play these by ear. be aware that a boss reversal (or level-four spell) means your boss will probably give the ai pellets to reflect, which can up the chaos. that said, getting rid of the boss on your screen is obviously the most important thing.
when i played, i'd balance going for a boss reversal with/while also directly attacking the boss, although the focus depended on the situation and how powerful my character's charge attack was (ex: rikako's and mima's [and maybe ones like reimu's that linger for a bit] are strong if you can get in the boss' face, chiyuri's and marisa's are good from a distance but you can't bomb when using them, ellen's is shit).
side note: earlier bosses die more quickly than later ones. i'll have to dig up notes for specifics.
using a level-four is another option if you want to save bombs for later, but this is something you'll have to feel out and weigh for yourself, and it's safer with characters that charge quickly and that don't pump out a lot of pellets in their boss attacks. one situation i'd usually try for a level-four was when the boss had a full charge and was in the process of charging; i'd be about halfway charged when the boss appeared, or i'd let go early and get a charge attack if the ai used a level-three instead.
>Yumemi
like eiki, she doesn't have a timer for the first round, so expect death if you aren't using a character with ex attacks that can hit the ai (the surest bets are yumemi, reimu, and rikako, in that order). also like pofv, a given boss' timer decreases each time you die to that boss. yumemi can be bullshit if she decides to do her puke attack low on the screen - think yamame's opener on crack - so sometimes you just gotta bomb or play outside your mind.
>general tips
macro. some pellets are aimed, and waves of pellets and fireballs are mostly aimed in your general vicinity. just like pofv except more pronounced (and with 100% less ass-fairies).
autofire can be nice. i mapped mine to shift and manually set the fire rate with an autohotkey script (it's on another hd but i should be able to dig it up). you can use an emulator's autofire, but the default rate is much faster than is humanly possible so shotgunning is cheesy (against bosses it's basically broken).
if you feel like scoring, which isn't necessary but adds excitement to early stages, spam level-twos.
everything i'm forgetting.

>> No.18661420

>>18661167
>>18661169
>>18661290
Thanks. I'll check them out.

>> No.18661579

Man, SSS is beautiful. Wow. Sickest Stage 1 boss patterns I've seen in a while.

>> No.18662000

>>18658658
I 1cced EoSD normal with all shot types, each on first try except for MarisaA which took me like 5 for some reason as I even managed to die on Cirno's Icicle Fall. I'm finally satisfied with how reliably I can clear normal, so I'll start doing serious hard runs soon, but for now I want to beat Flandre because despite unlocking most extra stages already, I've never beat any and Flandre seems shortest and least gimmicky.

>> No.18662218

>>18660323
>>18661414
>yumemi [...] puke attack
i meant the one that sends a clusterfuck in all directions. i forgot that there's another one that looks like she's puking and that one can just be misdirected.
>everything i'm forgetting.
you are invincible for a small number of frames after using a spell, just like in pofv. so, you can use charge attacks to hop over small bullets and lasers.
sometimes it's better to take a hit, especially early in a round or at full life. a good rule of thumb for mid/late-round would be to bomb if you think you'd get hit twice. bombs are more precioius in podd than a full meter is in pofv.
destroying a bunch of fireballs in an enemy chain (note: fireballs will chain other fireballs and cancel pellets when the first fireball is destroyed in an enemy chain) is the fastest way to increase your combo, just like chaining spirits in pofv. also, your gauge increases more quickly with higher-scoring combos.
you can cheese the game by playing lame and waiting out boss timers. you can't do this indefinitely because you'll eventually have to deal with boss attacks and nigh-spontaneous shitstorms (which usually only lead to more shitstorms), and it's pointless to do this on early stages because they're easy and because you need to reach 20m to get both extends, but it's a thing that can be done against later bosses (except first-round yumemi). it's gross, though. on the other hand, you have a great deal of control over the difficulty and can, at almost any point, dial it to 11 with level-twos and by chaining everything. and this just happens to be what you want for scoring, which is why podd scoring a best.
concerning the enemy pattern that starts at either the left or right of the screen and moves down, then moves horizontally toward you, then moves down again: these enemies will not hit you unless you move into them.
the orbs around kotohime's boss attack indicate which attack is coming. if the orbs don't rotate, it'll be an aimed attack which you can misdirect. if they rotate and move away from her, it'll be the fast version of the attack that goes in all directions. if they rotate without moving away from her, it'll be the slow version of that attack.
reimu, mima, and ellen have balls. this is canon.

can't believe i missed all that, especially the first one. it's been way too long.

>> No.18663984

So what the hell is the general gameplan for UFO survival?

>> No.18663999

>>18663984
Memo a good route for ufo collection, play well for the first four stages and resource cheese your way through five and six if you aren't confident in dodging.

>> No.18664026

>>18661068
Holy shit I just played Marine Benefit, it has a lot of really cool patterns and I like how a lot of parts emulated seasickness. I hope we get an official ocean based game.

>> No.18664059

>>18664026
>I hope we get an official ocean based game.
There are no oceans in Gensokyo, is the thing

>> No.18664065
File: 233 KB, 355x667, 1520866774940.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18664059
>There are no oceans in Gensokyo
For now.

>> No.18664301

>>18660941
>survival
Remi has no survivals. But really her first non is just dodging. For the second one there's a pattern: aimed, spread, spread, aimed, start over. Her spread shots never shoot up.

>> No.18664590

>>18660196
Play 1 game that you like long enough and get the 1cc, it's one of the best feelings there are when you first experience it

Look at guides, replays, anything for help, and just keep at it with a positive mentality

>> No.18664602

>>18660196
Also post replays, I'm sure we could help

>> No.18664858

>>18661414
>>18662218
Quite a lot to take in there but thanks. I'll take a look again when I next give it a shot.

>> No.18665330

>>18664026
>>18664059
>>18664065
Touhou 15-2: Legacy of the Lunatic Ocean

>> No.18665363
File: 382 KB, 500x600, Reimu playing LoLK.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18665330
Will the stages be like LoLK stage 6, then?

>> No.18665413

>>18665363
Worse, probably.

>> No.18665638

how do I get gud enough at PoFV to 1CC it? kinda tired of those 'AI gets to half life and then dodges like a madman longer than hourai elixir duration' reruns.
and holy fuck can eiki stop shitting out t4 spellcards

>> No.18666669

>>18664065
Phantasmagoria of Iridescent Seas

>> No.18666936

How the fuck do you even play lunatic? In HSiFS I can make it to the stage 1 boss with no lives left and no bombs, that's the best I can do

>> No.18666968

>>18664858
sorry for the walls. i could have been more concise (or correct) at points, but i found it really hard to boil things down when the game has so many unusual mechanics. macro, timing chains for cover, killing bosses, and learning patterns will take you most of the way though.

unfortunately...

corrections:
>>18661414
>aimed (ex: reimu's and some of yumemi's)
reimu's and yumemi's spells are aimed.
>iirc killing enemies just temporarily keeps your combo from dropping entirely
nope: killing enemies (or fireballs) does nothing. you have to chain.
>macro
should have been macro and misdirection. sorry for conflating the two and missing the mechanism that explains why macro is so effective (against fireballs and pellets).
>using a level-four
to clarify, i meant charging a level-four spell, not pressing x. btw: wait for the boss to fully appear before letting go of a charged level-four to avoid a bug where it registers a level-three instead. also, if you're out of bombs, never charge a level-four, always press x (aka hyper).
>>18662218
>a good rule of thumb for mid/late-round would be to bomb if you think you'd get hit twice.
probably want to bomb with less than 4 hearts left in mid/late-round, since one hit might take you to your last half heart. situational; personal preference.

addendums:
>yumemi boss attacks
if it aims a thin line at you that tracks your movement, it's the cross attack, which is best tackled with diagonal streaming. if the line doesn't move when you move, it's the aimed puke attack, which you can misdirect (i think you can safespot it too, but good luck with that).
you can hop the spiral attack with charge attack invincibility. that's your best bet for dodging if she's low on the screen (and there isn't enough space for the pattern to expand).
her throw-shit-everywhere attacks are just plain tough.
>crosses
some things obscure pellets; crosses hide them. if you're trapped beneath a pile of them on your last half-heart, you might want to preemptively hyper and take your chances later.
>chiyuri's lasers
they have a startup time where they appear onscreen but don't have a hitbox, like marisa's in pofv. this is unlike marisa's lasers in podd, where the hitbox appears as soon as the laser appears.
>reimu's orbs
the safest places to dodge these are on the edges of the screen: they bounce right off and most of their hitboxes can't hit you there. not a good place to stay, but it's a decent place to run if orbs are the current threat.
>enemy patterns
concerning the one where there are three vertical lines, with the outer lines being small enemies that appear onscreen before a center line of large enemies, where the outer lines do a 90-degree turn inward: the outer lines turn inward immediately above your current position. they won't hit you unless you move upward.
concerning the one where there are three vertical lines of mid-sized enemies, four per line, and the outer lines angle inward and cross near the bottom of the screen: the optimal time to chain these is as they're about to cross, but use extra shots or a charge attack on the center line if you do this. typically, the second enemy in one or more of these lines manages to avoid getting chained, and the one in center line will ram you if you sit there and expect them to chain themselves.
>misc
another reason charge attacks are useful is that all of them, except ellen's and yumemi's, go through attacks that block normal shots (crosses, balls, bombs, gears).
perhaps intuitive, but a general strat is to hang out under the current enemy chain (close or far vertically) even if you don't need the cover. this induces fireballs and pellets to spawn on top of your current chain, which makes it easier to continue chains and have larger combos (and gain spell gauge). this does result in more boss attacks and pellets/fireballs sent back to you, though. you also can't do this if you're attacking a boss or moving away from an attack to get dodging room, but you'll want to start a new chain around your new position anyway.

>> No.18666978

>>18666936
Go to twitch and ask the first one you see playing on lunatic, duh

>> No.18666981

>>18666936
Jesus fucking christ I dropped the difficulty to hard and it's still impossible. I think I should just quit the series now. I'll never be good at this.

>> No.18667014
File: 33 KB, 224x225, Kasenstare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18666981
>t I dropped the difficulty to hard and it's still impossible.
This has to be bait. No one just starts on Lunatic and expects to win, do they?

>> No.18667038

>>18665638
Tweak your system time, clock, and make precise movements to manipulate the game's RNG.
Watch how the AI dodges and learn how to emulate that, if you get good enough at it you can LNN any game on the first try.

>> No.18667064

Senpai how do I git gud at MoF? I can make it to the stage 3 boss with 5 lives but pretty much always lose 2 in that fight. Stage 4 absolutely fucks me.

>> No.18667091

>>18667064
Press X on everything threatening.

>> No.18667124

>>18667064
Press X on anything remotely threatening. Also Marisa C is a great shot but very hard to use because of its huge hitbox, use a Reimu shot instead.

>> No.18667213

>>18667014
Sure they do. The technical term for those people is "retards".

>> No.18667327

>>18667064
You can literally bomb/die on every spell/nonspell and plenty of the stage portions and still get to Kanako's final with ~3 lives remaining. Obviously try to conserve resources where you can but be very generous with your bombs.

>> No.18667525

Reminder that if you haven't LNN'd at least 3 games by now, you should just give up and play a different genre.

>> No.18667595

>>18667525
I know this is a shitpost, but out of the westerners, who does that even leave us with? Just M*no, Y*ts and Ev*r? We fucking suck.

>> No.18667662

>>18667525
Reminder that if you're not on the memelist to dicksuck your senpais, you should give up and play a different genre.

>> No.18667742

>>18667525
dont need you to remind me senpai

>> No.18667767

>>18667595
E* is the only guy that puts in actual effort though. The other two just rides on talent

>> No.18667775
File: 198 KB, 465x453, Ebin D Marisa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So when I first played PCB I almost 1CC'd it on my first try and I just replayed it for the hell of it a few minutes ago and I used all my continues and lost on the final spell.

>> No.18667819

>>18667775
Are you playing on easy?

>> No.18667840

>>18667819
Normal. I didn't use a bomb or lose a life until stage 4 where I just completely choked twice and then it all went downhill from there and I kept losing lives in the most stupid ways possible.

>> No.18667954

>>18667767
The other two have definitely put in effort, though. E* definitely put in major work into SA, EoSD, and UFO, though.

>> No.18667990

>>18667954
I'm just saying those two put in nowhere near the effort of E*

>> No.18668278

I hate MoF, I never know when to bomb. If I bomb too much I'll run out of power and won't be able to kill anything but if I don't bomb I die and can't get close to a 1cc.

>> No.18668327

>>18668278
Anytime your power is above 1.00

Just immediately hammer the FUCK out of the X key when you hear the powerup noise

You'll be fine

>> No.18668375

Literally crying again, I just want to get my stupid fucking 1cc so I can quit this series. I can make it to stage 5 in HSiFS deathless but then get down to my last life by the time I make it to the boss. Fuck this shit, fuck ZUN, this is bullshit, not fair and not fun.

>> No.18668388

>>18668375
Then stop playing HsiFS you baka if it's too gimmicky for you.

>> No.18668399

>>18668278
Low power in MoF doesn't really much mean when the bombs insanely strong and can carry you through most Spell Cards.

>> No.18668444

>>18668399
How am I supposed to do stage 4? Even on normal there are just so many bullets on screen that I have to bomb repeatedly to not die and then end up running out of power.

>> No.18668451

>>18668388
Everyone told me it was the easiest game, and it is easy as fuck until stage 5 then ZUN decided to eat a dick and make it fucking impossible.

>> No.18668465 [DELETED] 

>>18668451
You got bamboozled mate. HSiFS is easy only if you know how cheese resources which as a newcomer literally can't know.

>> No.18668470

>>18668451
You got bamboozled mate. HSiFS is easy only if you know how to cheese resources which as a newcomer literally can't know.

>> No.18668515 [DELETED] 
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 1519694942364.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18668388
>>18668470
>pick winter or fall subshot
>press C
>cancel lots of bullets
>gain more than enough season back to press C again
>repeat for the entire game
>wow im so gud at 2hu

>> No.18668521
File: 146 KB, 1659x941, 1251080845188.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18668388
>>18668470
>pick summer or fall subshot
>press C
>cancel lots of bullets
>gain more than enough season back to press C again
>repeat for the entire game
>wow im so gud at 2hu

>> No.18668527

>>18668521
Everyone told me summer and fall suck and I should be playing spring reimu or winter anything

>> No.18668541

>>18668527
Winter is the best subshot for no-release runs by far.

Summer and fall are much better for cheesing 1ccs and scoring. If nothing else, you can have fun with them. Give them a shot.

>> No.18668555
File: 38 KB, 434x412, 1456115352296.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18668521
Haha, you told him /v/ bro! Now fuck off.

>> No.18668775

>>18668555
>saving screencaps of everyone that makes you mad

You did the same thing in the virtual youtuber thread a couple days ago. Really embarrassing autism... can we see your folder?

>> No.18668838
File: 544 KB, 2953x3508, Seijacide.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18668775
>>18668555
>>18668521
>>18668515
>>18668470
Are we really starting the season shit again?

>> No.18668857

>>18668838
Spring user detected

>> No.18668889
File: 109 KB, 564x428, 1449540994631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18668555
No fuck you leather man

Have you even cleared Lunatic without releases you jabroni?

>> No.18668986

>>18668857
I'm a summer/winter user actually.

>> No.18668994

>>18668375
why are you dying when you still have bombs in stock? ~8 bombs is enough to get through stage 5 without dodging a single bullet.

>> No.18668999

>>18668986
You are forgiven.

>> No.18669002

>>18668444
stage 4 is MOF's hardest part
do stage practice and learn what parts are streaming
learn where to bomb, remember that bombing also collects all red items on screen.

>>18668527
>spring reimu
you were being trolled.

>> No.18669015

>>18668527
>summer and fall suck and I should be playing spring reimu or winter anything
if you're playing normal try your hand at Summer and Winter. If you're playing anything above that, Winter and Fall are pretty good, though Summer's still usable in Hard Mode. All of the characters are pretty good, other than Aya, so just use whoever you like.

>> No.18669040
File: 105 KB, 420x288, 1309416566650.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18668775
No, I don't visit that shithole but good to know that you do. If you're here only stirring up shit with silly greentext feel free to depart yourself anytime. Also, complaining about autism in a danmaku thread? Really now?

>> No.18669388

>>18667064
Protip: do not fucking die in this game, I believe you can get less life resources than TD of 10^9 life pieces per extend.
So press X on anything remotely dangerous. Memorize stage 4 spawning patterns to have an easier time. For Kanako's last spell just strafe left and right without focusing.

>> No.18669851

>>18668375
Why do secondaries think this? Getting a 1cc and quitting won't make you a primary lmao

>> No.18669876

>>18669851
Acknowledging and "consuming" primary content makes you a primary, so he IS a primary. He just acts like a secondary and that is where the problem lies.

>> No.18670075

>>18669851
Yeah, whoever hasn't gotten LNNs on all shots in all 2hus is a filthy tertiary.

>> No.18671116

>>18668838
Reminder Spring is the best season.

>>18670075
>LNNs
Show me your WRs you quaternary monkey.

>> No.18671222

Who is harder, Yukari or Flandre?

>> No.18671250

>>18671222
They're both not very difficult but Flandre gives you less resources to work with so in that regard she would be the harder fight to last through.

>> No.18671261

>>18671250
>not very difficult
Man I am bad then.

>> No.18671295

>>18671222
>>18671261
Suwako and Mokou are probably even easier, but yes, Flan and Yukari are pretty low on the difficulty scale.

>> No.18671964

>>18671222
If we're talking about just clearing it's Yukari, you get way more ressources than in eosd extra and you get borders, as well as an easier stage portion

>> No.18672793

>>18671222
yukari because you get many more resources.

>> No.18673278
File: 902 KB, 640x480, 1480474095476.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Man, that was intense. I can't believe I actually managed to get three extra clears in one month.

>> No.18673799

>>18673278
>1480474095476.png
doubt.jpg

>> No.18673896

>>18673799
The idea of someone feeling the need to fake a no-resource-remaining IN extra clear on an anonymous imageboard is so hilariously depressing that I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt. Dude probably just misclicked an image when he was trying to save it and overwrote it with that filename.

>> No.18674263

>>18673799
>>18673896
Well, if the original file can't be found, then maybe it's just that anon is using 4chanX and has Randomize Filename enabled.

>> No.18674610

guys is it not cheating to 1cc with more than default number of lives (2 lives). I saw several videos on youtube claiming 1cc but they had more than default lives. will 1cc be counted if you do it with non default number of lives?

>> No.18674647

>>18674610
If you start with more then the default lives it's technically considered a 1cc by the game since you get the good end, but no one would consider it an actual 1cc and you also get a major score deduction. Starting with more then default lives is nice for practicing and unlocking stages but either reset to default or lower for 1cc attempts.

>> No.18674739
File: 488 KB, 641x745, b334e1d644be8b4a177e6a779855034d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18674610
Some people consider this cheating. Most players add lives when they start but get rid of this later, since the newer games don't have this function. Or at least that's what happened in my case.

>> No.18674789

>>18674647
>>18674739
oh wow so they have removed this feature from newer game, I was kinda surprised because I wanted to watch some expert plat IN but was on phone and skipped to 3rd stage and saw he had like 5 lives I was surprised than I immediately went to the start of the video and he had 6 from the start, it really rustled my jimmies

>> No.18675358

>>18674610
If you play on anything other than defult lives - no it does not count as a 1cc, although like others have mentioned it's useful for unlocking stages in practice mode.

And you can only set your starting lives in the early Windows games EoSD, PCB and IN, which are considered some of the easiest.
The newer games which are much, much more difficult won't let you add more lives, so if you need a crutch just to get a "1cc" in the easier games, the later ones will give you hell.

>> No.18675452

>>18674610
It's not a real 1CC. It's purely a technical 1cc that will let you unlock endings, but you should not brag about it.

>> No.18675729
File: 46 KB, 500x500, 1455069947014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18658658
This is the last thing I accomplished, I hope you enjoy it.
I'm pretty bad but it's a fun run to watch, if I say so myself.
Touhou 15, Extra stage.
https://my.mixtape.moe/umchfo.rpy

>> No.18675809

>>18675729
The last thing you accomplished was 3 months ago?

>> No.18675879

>>18674610
youtube is not a good source, lots of cheated runs end up there

>> No.18675909

Possible dumb question. Does Sanae's unfocused shot in TD do more damage at close range than her focused shot?

>> No.18675955

>>18675909
Yes it does. It also generates a shit ton of spirits. Any time you bomb you should be unfocused shotgunning the boss to get spirits.

Also her unfocused shotgun does a ton of damage to Futos boat.

>> No.18675981

>>18675955
Thanks, I was fairly sure that was how it worked but I wasn't certain. I didn't realize it caused spirits either.

>> No.18676170

sorry i forgot to take a screenshot but this is for the scoreboard

http://threplays.appspot.com/replay_files/5689127638925312
name: Nameschonvergeben
IN Lunatic FinalB

>> No.18676194

>>18675809
I was on vacations, fell down while trekking and injured my right hand.
Now I can play again but I became worse due to lack of practice and hand usage

Also had to learn to use the left hand to masturbate. Now I'm beyond all of you simple mortals.

>> No.18676330

>>18676194
Is that supposed to be unnatural? Because I always used my left hand.

>> No.18677035
File: 257 KB, 571x758, 1628484A-148C-4293-BBA9-A46D3410F552.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

PC-98 ScoreAnon is fucking dead. I want to remove the PC-98 sheets from the score chart. Hope you guys wouldn’t mind.

>> No.18677067

>>18677035
im not fucking dead

>> No.18677165

>>18677067
Who are you? You’re not him. He said he is banned from /jp/.

>> No.18677176
File: 188 KB, 850x478, 2CEF8211-5DB1-47F5-8074-5E0D576F4531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bl1ZiZUqNdbP2OK_W7q6xG6A6FIG78LPfJQrouu6ol4/edit#gid=1978990074

If you want to submit a score, use the term 'score' somewhere in your post.

>> No.18677722
File: 225 KB, 360x423, desire for death.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18658658
I beat EoSD on Hard last June or so. Been trying PCB Hard on and off, ragequitting for a month or two at a time because I keep losing to the easiest Stage 3 boss in the series, but today I decided to practice again and somehow managed to get to Yuyuko without continues, so that's pretty nice. I still want to kill myself whenever I practice it, though. I think PCB has become my least favorite game in the series just because of how long it's taking me to beat it and move on to literally any other Touhou game on Hard, but I refuse to abandon it until it's beaten.
The fact that I still die almost universally to the same nonspells on the early stages makes me feel like a failure of a human being.

>> No.18677981
File: 288 KB, 779x419, Touhou Checklist (310-438).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18658658
I got Reimu IN lunatic 6B 1cc a few moments ago, it was pretty close, and then a Marisa 1cc in the same fashion.

Posting progress from >>18118791

>> No.18678031

>>18677981
>no hard UFO
>no HSIFS Lunatic
pfffffft

>> No.18678100

>>18678031
>UFO
He doesn't even like that game
>HSiFS Lunatic
Booooooooooooooriiiiiinggg

>> No.18678180

>>18678100
>spend the time to get 16/16 hard but cant even do 1 Lunatic
>not spending the 30 mins to get a UFO Hard clear
pfffffffffft

>> No.18678530

>>18678031
Post yours buddy.

>> No.18678611
File: 423 KB, 1280x960, f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18678530
hsifs lunatic is piss easy for a lunatic, theres no excuse since even i can do it.

>> No.18678682
File: 434 KB, 170x200, Yuyuko (2300).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18678611
I don't need excuses when I have a reason: I haven't tried.
Now I'm putting all my time in getting IN LNB done while breaking with some regular clears and HNBs. However, I don't have excuses for UFO, it's my least favorite but I should have hard 1cc in it by now, so I'm gonna do that after IN is done!

>> No.18678759

>>18677981
How do I get gud at PoFV?

>> No.18679072

>>18678031
>>18678180
Maybe some people have more fun playing different games faggot

>>18678682
Go yuyuman

>> No.18679761

>>18678611
So you can barely scrape by yourself but somehow think you're in a position to laugh at others for not getting some arbitrary clear done?
"pfffffft"

>> No.18679860

>>18678759
Spam level 2 bombs.

>> No.18681165 [DELETED] 

>>18676330
hi vcz! you're so good at IN..... why did you stop playing? Please keep playing, we need someone like you in our community. Also, please join discord!

>> No.18681206

>>18661169
>Book of Star Mythology
Why no openly-developed English patch?

The guy can't even share what he has so far for 2+ years?

The Touhou community patch project is all on git repos and has tons of contributors.

>> No.18681260

>>18681206
there's a partial patch half-way through the thread but the whole situation is kinda shit

>> No.18681482
File: 127 KB, 700x800, 1521489844084.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18681165
So you can use which hand people use to beat the meat to identify score players? (or whatever that guy is)
I don't know how to feel about this.

>> No.18681649
File: 102 KB, 536x261, Kasenthinking.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18681482
He must be a genius.

>> No.18681682

>>18681260
Fuma is terrifying

My god

>> No.18682242

I'm never going to fucking 1cc anything. I've been playing EoSD with the max starting lives and still get raped by stage 4. Fucking patchy's lasers. I've sunk countless hours into HSiFS this past week and can't make it past stage 5 with more than one life. Same story with TD and MoF. I think I should just give up.

>> No.18682277

>>18682242
Watch replays of people better than yourself and see how they deal with things. Get SpoilerAL and the 4.6 SSG then use it and then spend a day or two for each boss you frequently die against practicing them in stage practice with it. If you're trying to clear the game by just repeatedly chucking credits at it hoping you progress further, you're not going to get anywhere.

>> No.18682293

>>18682242
You've also been bitching about it for the entirety of the past week. What do you even want us to do? Help you with the game? Feel sorry for you? Bitch about the games being '""impossible""" with you? These posts are getting repetitive and annoying to read.

>> No.18682315

>>18682242
Focus on one game.

>> No.18682631

Hey guys I'm starting to get a feel for HSiFS, any tips on where to release to maximize points? I can hit my first extend consistently by the end of stage 1.

>> No.18682872

>>18682631
I'm the guy who asked this, can someone give me some pointers on this run? It's my best run yet but stage 5 brutalizes me

https://my.mixtape.moe/tdyrmx.rpy

>> No.18683451

>>18679761
Yes, there's no excuse if even I could do it.

>> No.18683523
File: 463 KB, 800x790, 13731604.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are there any recent Hisoutensoku match vids worth checking out?

>> No.18683635 [DELETED] 

>>18683523
No. Fuck off, Chilean.

>> No.18683746
File: 35 KB, 232x192, 1494130913156.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18682242
then give up. no one's forcing you to do anything.

>> No.18684691
File: 691 KB, 640x480, que mal la estoy pasandooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18660196
i never wanted to kill myself this bad

>> No.18684813 [DELETED] 

>>18683635
Hurry on back to /v/ already.

>> No.18684844

>>18682631
What season?

>> No.18684869

>>18684844
I'm playing summer right now and having a way easier time because I can just spam it. But any season really

>> No.18685104
File: 131 KB, 720x960, 277A312A-3078-4853-8759-BFE4B8505D26.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wait....is it 4 life parts or 5 life parts for one life in UFO?

>> No.18685139

>>18685104

>> No.18685167

>>18685104
>>18685139
No, it’s 5.

>> No.18685279

>>18685167
Except it isn't at all, go check for yourself, you need two red UFOs (filled) to get an extend which translates to 4 pieces. ZUN was just lazy when he made the graphics so it can look like you need 5
in total but it is in fact, just 4.

>> No.18685710

>>18682242
why are you so sad
it's a fucking video game
be sad about something that matters, you shithead. if you're not having fun, why bother playing the video game?

>> No.18686131

>>18682631
you absolutely need to release on Aunn's lazer card to get a ton of PIV. Its one of the top spots in the game on higher difficulties, probably still on normal.

>> No.18686163

>>18682242
If you put as much effort into practicing as you do into whining, you would've gotten that 1cc a long time ago.

>> No.18686223

>>18658658
Dying on EOSD stage 1. I just keep crashing into random bullets while trying to collect. Kinda infuriating

>> No.18686839

>>18682242

>>18682277

>> No.18687762
File: 694 KB, 640x480, bowap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is there a mental trick to dodging Border of Wave and Particle? From EoSD up through SA on normal it's the first pattern that feels impossible to read for me, particularly when those tight spreads whip around from the left and right. I've watched a lot of replays and people just seem to be able to track it naturally, but I don't know if I can even react that quickly.

>> No.18687881

>>18687762
It's static. If you want to sightread it try looking at the gaps and not the bullets, basically trying to ram your 2hu into a gap instead of away from a bullet.

>> No.18687916

>>18687762
Don't panic and move more than you need to. The waves with the "tight" spreads still have one side where the gaps are very large. Other than those moments you should be able to stay under her all the time. Other than that it's a pure reading speed check.
There's also a safespot for this if you don't want to bother.

>> No.18688275

So is Aya Fall the best shot in HSiFS? Do I basically try to never release? I've noticed her bombs absolutely wreck everything.

>> No.18688317

>>18688275
It's the best for scoring, not survival. Play Reimu+whatever season you're comfortable with for survival.

>> No.18688323

>>18688275
For Scoring maybe, but no, if you're playing Fall you should be releasing all the time. Also, don't play Aya.

>> No.18688412

>>18688317
>>18688323
I'm getting a lot of mixed messages on what the best set up is. Everyone said Reimu Summer then people said Marisa Winter and then Aya Fall and now we're back to Reimu.

>> No.18688444

>>18688412
There's 16 shot types, and it's not like DDC where there's a clear-cut winner. Everyone's recommending their favorite, but honestly it'd be pretty hard to find an objective best one for a first clear. Fall is probably the best, but its difficulty to use and difficult final card makes it a less than perfect choice for a beginner. Just try out all the ones people've recommended, and pick whichever suits you best.

Reimu Summer is pretty good for starters though.

>> No.18688448

>>18688412
I only recently picked HSiFS up, from what I've seen Fall is cheese tier with release spam, Winter is good without releases but the release is also quite good, Spring is nice if you like homing but the release doesn't lend itself to cheesing and the final spellcard for spring is brutal. Haven't played Summer yet. For characters, Reimu has homing, Marisa has a lot of damage, not too sure about others.

If you want easy win, spam fall release in front of firing enemies, if it makes you feel bad try winter and release when there happens to be a fuck-ton of bullets that you would have to bomb otherwise.

>> No.18688521

2hug is better

>> No.18688690

>>18688444
>>18688448
Why should fall be releasing all the time? The only season where that is obvious is summer because you can spam it to rack up points. I'm hesitant to use a season where a single release eats the whole meter.

>> No.18688716

>>18688690
Increasing the meter only lengthens the duration of the release slightly. Spamming it on really dense waves of bullets allows you to usually refill at least one meter and repeatedly chain them to build up piv easily.

>> No.18688731
File: 1.97 MB, 640x480, 2018-03-25 14-30-31.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18688690
Because you can do shit like this.
People only recommend Fall because you can abuse it like this. If you're not confident enough in your control to do this (which Normal players usually aren't), don't use Fall.

>> No.18688772

>>18688412
reimu or marisa, winter or fall, its not hard.

>> No.18688778

>>18687762
use the safespot and laugh at anyone picking anything besides Reimu A.

>> No.18688826

>>18688690
If you're good with fall and using it properly, you will always have your meter. If you didn't know before, the more bullets you eat up with your release, the more meter you get back from it. So if you use Fall correctly, you'll be able to release over and over again.

>> No.18689371

Any of you absolutely hate the photo games?
I absolute hate the controls and how there are three movement speeds. The whole thing fucks with your muscle memory from other games.

>> No.18689925

Why is there sometimes a delay when releasing? I'm playing summer and sometimes I can spam it repeatedly but other times it acts like there is a cool down. Yes, I definitely have enough meter.

>> No.18690101

>>18689925
summer does not have a deathbomb window like a real bomb.

and, though i havent tested it, i believe there are some activation frames before you become invincible.

>> No.18690210

>>18683451

Hey anon, post your LLS Lunatic 1cc please.
Oh wait, you don't have one? Pfffft. It's so piss easy that you really have no excuse since even I can do it! Lets all laugh at this noob guys TROLOLOL XD.

Anon is doing actual LNBs so you're in no position to talk shit about some arbitrary piss easy lunatic 1cc category that he probably didn't even think about.

faggot

>> No.18690262

>>18690210
>Anon is doing actual LNBs
He doesn't have a single LNB on his chart, so you are wrong.

faggot

>> No.18690323

>>18687762
nigga just quickly go around the thick branch and then dodge the rest normally.
yukari's stolen spells are much worse if don't want to bomb them. I used to be able to cap the second one, but now I forgot how to do it consistently (yes its epic streaming, but I fuck up the timings)

>> No.18690557

>>18690262
Yuyukoanon's trying for IN LNB, though I suppose it's not common knowledge if you don't poke around twitch, which is fair.
The point is that "you having done it" is not some kind of magical reason for everyone to also do it. Nobody bases their goals on what you can or cannot do. You're not special, anon.

>> No.18690614

>not common knowledge
>Now I'm putting all my time in getting IN LNB
but this was never about him or about reading the thread; it's about continuing to argue on the internet because you can.
>faggot
correct.

>> No.18690740

If I don't make it to Okina with max lives I'll never 1cc. Her final spell card with summer is fucking impossible. I need to be able to just tank through it.

>> No.18690846 [DELETED] 

>>18690614
He hasn't even done one. You can't say he's "doing LNBs" when he never has. You're a faggot retard. Keep white Knighton your eceleb discord personality.

>> No.18690856

>>18690614
>it's about continuing to argue on the internet because you can

This doesn't exempt you from being some shitter retard like you are right now

>> No.18690858

>>18690614
He hasn't even done one. You can't say he's "doing LNBs" when he never has. You're a faggot retard. Keep white knighting your favorite discord eceleb.

>> No.18690874

>>18690740
Summer's not too hard, just time your bombs well. If you're playing Cirno or Aya, you can use bombs to time out the card if you have at least 4 or 5 lives left, if you really need to.

>> No.18690880

>>18690846
>white Knighton
I've found my newest Pathfinder character

>> No.18691077

>He hasn't even done one. You can't say he's "doing LNBs" when he never has. You're a faggot retard. Keep white knighting your favorite discord eceleb.
>This doesn't exempt you from being some shitter retard like you are right now
that was my first post regarding this, and my only claims were that the people are missing what's already been said and that the argument was stupid from both sides. it was the antithesis of white-knighting.
"retard" is fair though, since i was actually hoping it might nudge the parties involved to employ reading comprehension, realize how pointless this was, and move on.

>> No.18691118

>>18690101
None of the season releases have a deathbomb window, what are you talking about?

>> No.18691194

>>18691118
>None of the season releases have a deathbomb window
And no one said they did. Fix your reading comprehension.

>> No.18691346

>>18691194
Saying "summer does not have a deathbomb window like a real bomb" directly implies the other releases do have a deathbomb window like a real bomb. Fix your reading comprehension.

>> No.18691347

muh scores

>> No.18691420

>>18691346
>Saying "summer does not have a deathbomb window like a real bomb" directly implies the other releases do have a deathbomb
No it doesn't. It means that unlike a real bomb, summer does not have a deathbomb window. Fix your reading comprehension.

>> No.18691428
File: 38 KB, 423x525, 1254853319672.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18691346
it doesnt mean that at all. dumbest post ive seen so far in this thread.

>> No.18691445

>>18691346
trolling?

>> No.18692071

>>18691420
>It means that unlike a real bomb, summer does not have a deathbomb window.
...which directly implies other releases do. Why are you specifying Summer otherwise if not having a deathbomb window wasn't a Summer-specific feature? Fix your shitty redaction skill.

>>18691428
>>18691445
Nice contribution to the thread.

>> No.18692075

>>18691445
?

>> No.18692214

>>18692071
No it fucking doesn't. Why is this an argument? It doesn't matter what you think he meant or why he specified Summer. He never said "ONLY Summer does not [...]', so it has absolutely no bearing on whether or not any other season has a deathbomb window. Just like how if I say "this specific post of yours is fucking stupid", it doesn't imply that other posts of yours aren't just as fucking stupid. Perhaps I could have generalized and just said "all your posts are fucking stupid", but I chose not to. It's really just that simple.
>Nice contribution to the thread.
What a joke. This is already way up there with the stupidest arguments that have ever taken place in these threads. And I'll bet anything that you're not even saging.

>> No.18692356

>>18692071
>...which directly implies other releases do
No it doesn't. You must be ESL.

>> No.18692364

>>18692071
Must be a troll

>> No.18692368

>>18692071
>Why are you specifying Summer otherwise
Because the person asked about Summer you idiot
Never disappointed with the stupid i find here, probably discord desu

>> No.18692610
File: 402 KB, 730x780, Kagerou disgust.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are we really at the point where you idiots are arguing semantics?

>> No.18692688

>>18692610
There's just one ESL who can't read

>> No.18693081

>>18690262
read
>>18678682

>> No.18693092

>>18692071
A release is not a real bomb, a release is a release.

>> No.18693107

>>18693081
you want to keep arguing semantics and you are still wrong. cant say "he is doing LNBs" when he has never done even a single one.

>> No.18693140

>>18693107
Doing LNBs doesn't imply clearing, playing on Lunatic and without using bombs is doing LNB.

>> No.18693218
File: 37 KB, 666x400, acrobat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18693140
if you tell me an acrobat "is doing backflips" and i show up and hes just falling on his face, you lied.

>> No.18693225

>>18693140
>Doing LNBs doesn't imply clearing
of course it does. otherwise every single player is "doing NM" until they die.

>> No.18693296

>>18693225
Yes, they are.
>>18693218
That's a bad example and it's unrelated as well.

>> No.18693367

>>18693296
wow every player is a NN player? thats amazing. (you're retarded)

>> No.18693383
File: 55 KB, 600x602, 1521721260985.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18693296
>What kind of work do you do?
>I'm doing brain surgeries.
>How many surgeries have you done?
>I've never actually done a brain surgery.
Are you trolling or just really dumb?

>> No.18693399

>>18693367
>>18693383
Correct but please don't respond to the ESL crossboarders kudasai

>> No.18693525

>>18693140
>playing on Lunatic and without using bombs is doing LNB
No, it's doing LNB attempts. Attempts at LNB. The goal is LNB. They are attempting to do it.

>> No.18694075

Do people actually learn to clear spellcards without cheats in games without spell practice?

I'm trying to clear EoSD extra, and after some time gave up and installed SpoilerAL. Even with it learning Maze of Love took me quite a while. Without cheating I don't think I'd ever learn to do it because it's quite far into the bossfight.

>> No.18694155

>>18694075
>>18694075
>I don't think I'd ever learn to do it because it's quite far into the bossfight.
It doesn't matter. You get good in the previous ones, get enough resources to tank it and that's it.

>> No.18694621

>>18694075
Some people still do but there's really no reason not to use whichever practice tool since they simply save time and in terms of "cheating" it's really no different than watching replays of how other people do things. Maze of Love isn't particularly difficult Spell Card though and once you've captured it a couple of times, it shouldn't be too difficult to muscle memory through it.

>> No.18694710

>>18694075
As a general rule I won't use any tools to practice a boss until I've at least cleared it once, but it's just a personal thing.

>> No.18694725

>>18693383
Who are you quoting?

>> No.18696450

I'm gonna be a king with my godlike miss-skipping LNBs.

>> No.18696506

jesus how did this devolve into this semantics crap

>>18690262
You know what I meant. He's attempting IN LNB which is 100x harder and more interesting than HSiFS 1cc, so HSiFS isn't even worth considering in his context if he doesn't feel like playing the game. The fact that you try to cover up your retardation with "muh semantics haha got you" says enough.

>> No.18696710

>>18696506
he's attempting (and failing) IN LNB and has never cleared any Lunatic besides IN (the easiest) and POFV. Keep sucking the dick of your favorite discord eceleb.

>> No.18696742

>>18696506
Whiteknight

>> No.18696987
File: 188 KB, 700x990, 1510079028196.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I broke my right index finger lads, and I was close to 1ccing EoSD on hard. When my finger is healed I know I'll be rusty. Rather depressing.

>> No.18697170

>>18696450
PunOko

>> No.18697176

>>18696710
>the easiest
PCB, MoF, LoLK and HSiFS say hi

>> No.18697322

>>18697176
maybe MOF, the rest are tougher than IN. Border Team just breaks IN.

>> No.18697413

>>18697322
PCB has overall easier patterns, more ressources (especially as Sakuya), and borders which are a fast refilling screen clear that some shot types get really often.
LoLK lets you die approximately 400 times as Reisen (that figure is pretty close to the actual amount of possible hits you can take, if a game lets you make that many mistakes it can't be hard to clear)
HSiFS makes everyone DDC Marisa B, your releases refill themselves and can quite often be spammed in rapid succession, on top of giving you a ton of lives and bombs to work with.

IN might be simple to just get a gorilla clear without too much effort but if you put in the strict minimum amount of work and learn how to truly break the other games they will be easier by a longshot. I'm not even beginning to touch upon SA, TD and DDC which have similar "exploits" you can use to get a really easy 1CC out of them.

>> No.18697433

>>18697413
Isn't it more like IN is kinda hard until you put some time into practice since it's 100% memo.

>> No.18697485

>>18697433
IN has you practice individual patterns, not break the game like the others do. In the other games you're abusing a broken mechanic while barely needing to learn any of the patterns. You can 1CC PCB pretty easily too if you memo it, since that game is also a lot of memorization, but it gives you way more tools on top of that to beat it.

The reason I didn't bring up TD, SA and DDC at first was because there's still a lot of learning how to use the mechanic efficiently (trance spots etc...) unlike the others where if you can dodge at least a bit, slightly know what to expect and have learned the basics of using the game's gimmick you've done 95% of the work towards the 1cc.

>> No.18697688
File: 165 KB, 354x600, 1519241895170.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Can't even get 2 stage 3 on normal difficulty without using a continue on any of the games
How do I git gud?

>> No.18697847

>>18697688
Who are you quoting?

>> No.18697950

>>18697688
If you're that bad genetics have failed you Anon-kun

>> No.18698201

>>18697688
How long have you played?

>> No.18698312
File: 51 KB, 280x440, 1453014786378.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18697688
Practice. It took me longer than I'm willing to admit before I got my first 1cc. The first one is by far the hardest, once you build up the skills to beat one game the rest will fall like dominos, until you get to SA and are suddenly slammed into a brick wall to remind you of your place.

>> No.18698328

SA's difficulty is overrated

>> No.18698435

>>18698328
You're mom difficulty is overrated.

>> No.18698448

I've noticed sometimes in HSiFS and EoSD all the bullets on the screen will randomly clear. I didn't use a bomb or get full power. What happened and how do I make it happen again?

>> No.18698450

>>18698312
Fucking Orin in SA, fucking dead fairies.

>> No.18698535

>>18698448
they're set, usually the game screen clears on later stages to let a new wave of enemies or a boss to come in.

>> No.18698543

I'm finally trying out LoLK (late I know) and what the fuck is point device mode?

>> No.18698643

>>18698201
I'm a newfag to playing the games

>> No.18698651

How the hell is normal supposed to be beatable in LoLK? I feel like I'm playing on lunatic.

>> No.18698673

>>18698643
Then that's why.

>> No.18698680

LolK is the most unfair game in the series I literally can't beat the stage 3 boss because I have no bombs and fucking point device mode doesn't give you more bombs when you die

>> No.18698703
File: 2.64 MB, 1280x960, th143_003.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I made it through hell. This spell literally injured my hand after enough attempts. Six more to go.

>> No.18698806

>>18698673
Not necessarily. I was able to 1cc Normal after a couple tries (which I think is pretty common), while people like M*no and Y*tsu were able to 1cc Lunatic after just a few attempts when they first started playing. You CAN get better, but you'll never be as good as someone that has more innate talent.

>> No.18698840

I think I'm giong to preemptively give up on LoLK. I managed to beat Legacy on Easy with several continues and using Reisen. Junko was literally the only somewhat doable part of the game.

>> No.18698875

>>18698651
you get a shit ton of lives. watch a replay of someone and see what chapters can give you lives. also pick sanae or reisen for a first clear.

>> No.18698881

>>18698680
dont play pointdevice.

>> No.18698884

>>18698448
Those are usually set spots but EOSD does have a few places (Stage 4) where killing certain fairies will clear the screen.

>> No.18698901

>>18698840
>Junko was literally the only somewhat doable part of the game.

You'll live to regret saying that

>> No.18698904

>>18698703
Good stuff. 10-7 is the last real hurdle. Best of luck anon.

>> No.18698933

>>18698328
It really isn't from the eyes of a new player. SA on Normal is a lot harder than Touhou 6-10 on Normal, which will be what most players play in order before getting to 11. After you've climbed that hill and looked back you can say it really wasn't as tall as you thought, but it consistently trips up new players so there's clearly some merit to its reputation.

>> No.18698947

>>18698680
Think of Pointdevice like you would a photography game or ISC. It's basically a collection of challenges and you have to beat each section once before moving on. You shouldn't bomb unless you absolutely NEED to. The only time I bombed on my first PD run was against Clownpiece because I lost to one of her attacks so much that I didn't have the power to realistically beat her without timing out. Draining your power over time with each PD death was a bad mechanic in my opinion, it should've just let the player tackle that one spellcard indefinitely if they wished.
Legacy is the real way to play LoLK by the way, Pointdevice is basically practice.

>> No.18698969

>>18698806
>after a couple tries
That can't be normal unless you already had experience in the genre.

>> No.18699164

>>18698933
If someone has cleared six through then they shouldn't be struggling at all by the time they reach SA. There's more than enough time spent on clearing each of those games to have developed the necessary skills to be competent at shooting games. The only way someone would be struggling by the time they reached SA is if they instead resource cheesed a clear then moved on from a game instead of actually trying to improve their overall skill set by going for full shot type clears or extras.

>> No.18699229

>>18699164
SA Normal is a huge spike in difficulty compared to the previous games' normals. I'd say SA Normal is harder than any extra for 6-10.

>> No.18700703

>>18699229
If you're looking at it in a vacuum then sure, SA is reasonably harder than the others. For someone who has spent a "normal" for lack of a better term, amount of time practicing each game prior to it starting at EoSD, they really shouldn't have any problems adjusting to the increased difficulty because they've had so many games to build their skills on. SA is only going to be this insanely hard brick wall for people who haven't developed their skill set which as was stated in the previous post, are people who are satisfied with a mediocre clear and then move on from the game. Nothing wrong with doing so but they shouldn't complain when they struggle with the tougher Touhou games.

>> No.18701179
File: 525 KB, 640x480, marisaB pcb normal 1cc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Today is Sakura day! Or so they say... But anyway, please play Perfect Cherry Blossom on these flowering days or nights.
I've Normal 1CC'ed PCB as MarisaB for the first time ever. Her shot is lacking, but thankfully Master Spark and her cherry rate are amazing enough to pull through.Yuyuko-sama has many spells that have to be memorized and are otherwise hard, but ZUN showed mercy by granting us bountiful borders.

>> No.18701200

>>18699229
If you've cleared MoF, SA is just a step up in difficulty. It doesn't have pain-in-the-ass cards or LoLK-tier patterns or resource system that puts you into risk, the stages overall are just more challenging. It's a good game to get well at 2hu.

>> No.18701227

>>18699229
>I'd say SA Normal is harder than any extra for 6-10
Whoa there man. Orin is hard but not that hard.

>> No.18701520

While playing fullscreen, if I minimize any game from DDC onward, trying to maximize it again results in screen quickly flashing between my desktop and black screen. Does anybody else experience this shit and knows how to fix it? Or is it a death trap for epileptic people meticulously snuck into the game by ZUN?

>> No.18701712

>>18698312
>got 1cc on MoF pretty easily 2 years ago
>havent gotten one since then
i didnt even spam bombs, why :(

>> No.18702074
File: 288 KB, 1282x987, super.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cute!
Time to finally try extra.

>> No.18702093

>>18702074
Oh nevermind. For some reason it counted as an "extra clear" instead of an actual C2 clear so extra is still locked. Replay doesn't work either. Thanks game.

>> No.18702177

>>18702093
If you don't want to have that happen again then don't restart from stages 2/3. If you made it past stage and wish to start again quit to main menu and start from there.
Congrats on your 1cc btw!
>>18678759
Use faries to erase pellets, activate spirits with your scope and use them to erase pellets as well, don't bomb, use lv1 and 2, don't reset past stage 5. From the top of my mind anyways, oh and if you see a [G] item drops then that's when pressing X is a good idea.
That's fairly basic advice so you may know about this already

>> No.18702221
File: 198 KB, 1282x987, therewego.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18702177
>If you don't want to have that happen again then don't restart from stages 2/3.
Ah so that's what happened. Good thing I didn't do it again. NOW it's time for extra.

>> No.18702270
File: 32 KB, 400x400, 1520908716444.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18702221
I'm afraid that is violation of law amigo. Delete.

>> No.18702444

>>18702177
>If you don't want to have that happen again then don't restart from stages 2/3. If you made it past stage and wish to start again quit to main menu and start from there.
Alright, I know it's ZUN we're talking about, but how do you fuck it up so bad that that's what happens?

>> No.18702467
File: 361 KB, 1282x987, saikyou.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That was cool. I'll work on NB some other time.
>>18702270
Too late to delete now. Plus I'm sure that he really just wants to not have the story elements of the endings shared rather than banning everything down to the names of the endings outright. Either way it's in janny's hands now.

>> No.18702595 [DELETED] 

>>18702444
believe it or not, you can be zun'd worse than that. you can had a nice score/nm run going then die to in-game text.
ultimately, i put nothing past the man who writes banter in a game then makes it impossible to reach the scenario where said banter would occur.

>> No.18702742

>>18702595
>die to in-game text.
That...that cannot possibly be the case. There is no way that text has a hitbox. I'm going to need to see a webm of that.

>> No.18702915
File: 357 KB, 640x480, 東方紅魔郷_2018-03-27_23-10-04.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yes
YES

Today I wanted to share the joy of clearing an Extra Stage for the first time! Always persevere and you'll clear it!

I made it through Flandre"s final attack on my first try so I'm extra happy

>> No.18703217

>>18702177
>don't bomb
>don't reset past stage 5

What do you mean? To get practice/experience?

>> No.18703425

>>18702915
Congrats anon. I'm on my way to clearing EoSD Extra too, and it's my first as well. Though I won't manage Ripples on first try because I reached it twice so far and lost. It's not that hard but the panic is real.

>> No.18704971
File: 217 KB, 900x1200, Yuyuko (2244).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18703217
If you press X, your gauge doesn't go to 1 like it would with charge attacks, it goes to 0, which can put you in a tight spot. That's why you can bomb when you see a [G] drop as it gives you full gauge anyways.
It's not really worth resetting in stage 6, chances are you die there. You can clear the game dying in stage 6, 7, 8 and 9 anyways, you don't even need to do complex score tricks to get enough resources to do so.
>>18702915
Congrats anon! QED is pretty scary.

>> No.18705116

pofv side note then other general advice:
your spell gauge will only drop to lvl1 if you bomb when you have a boss attack on your opponent's screen. while it's best to avoid bombing, it's situational. the only absolutes are to not bomb mid/late-round if you think you'll get hit twice (use a lvl2+ instead) and to bomb if your next hit will bring you to your last half-orb of health.
you summon boss attacks at 100k/300k/500k spell points. keep general tabs on your opponent's spell points so you reach those milestones shortly after your opponent; this keeps bosses off your screen and on your opponent's.
stream and misdirect. some pellets are aimed at you, and others are aimed around you. misdirection and macro are especially important against eiki.
you're momentarily invincible after casting a spell, so you can use charge attacks to hop over small bullets and lasers.
don't stay focused for long periods of time. while you're focused, additional fairies will not spawn if any are onscreen (including lily).
it takes about a second for your gauge to increase after you're hit. if you use a lvl2+ spell during this timeframe, your gauge will not increase.
the gameplay page on the wiki is good but the strategy page is bad and should be ignored.
most other advice depends on whether it's pvp or pvc. scoring advice was posted last thread here >>18651756 and >>18651979 (and >>18652085 and >>18653810).

>> No.18707168

Haven't been playing reguarly for awhile, but still making some progress in SA. I figured out most of Yuugi and Satori's cards that I was having trouble with before, now I just mostly need to get more consistent at Mt Ooe

>> No.18707749

Does anyone have a link to a practice patch for Fairy Wars? The link on megapulse's blog thingy is dead and I want to practice some spells in Extra.

>> No.18707921

>>18658658
SA and UFO normal clears. I'm taking a break for now.

>> No.18708066

any tips for Sakuya's spell safespot on stage 6? I've been tryharding EoSD lately. Still haven't completed a run, but it's because everytime I die is for stupid shit that makes me want to reset. Lunatic btw.

>> No.18708126

>>18707168
>consistent
>the yama of RNG

>> No.18708192

>>18708066
Practice with spoilerAL until you get a feel for it.
Alternatively if you're real tryhard and don't mind some undetectable cheating, set up a small but always on top window (e.g., the magnifier tool in windows) and place its bottom left corner right where you need to be (figure out where this is in practice).

>>18708126
Ooe is consistent as fuck once you realize how small the hitboxes actually are. I'm not sure the spell can wall you even if it tried.

>> No.18708577

>>18708066
>>18708192
Sakuya have safespot on stage 6??

>> No.18708605

>>18708577
yeah on Eternal Meek. But you have to be really good and fast to get it right.

>> No.18708643

>>18708066
Line yourself up with the spell declaration text, in between the bracket and the first character of "Eternal meek" (on japanese version) then dash up

>> No.18709557

>>18705116
>spell gauge will only drop to lvl1 [...]
meant to include "if you have a full spell gauge". less than full (or no boss attack) and it drops to zero.

>> No.18709748

I just cannot get myself to bomb in MoF. This one point down seems like a huge loss to me, how true is that?

>> No.18709769

>>18709748
If your power is at 5, you'll get no reduction as the maximum output is reached at 4. Plus, it's easy to regain power, so don't worry about bombing.

>> No.18709771

>>18709748
how? you just press X.

>> No.18709799

>>18709748
As >>18709769 said, 5.0 is the free bomb zone. There are many spots in the game where enemies killed by the bomb will literally drop more power than you spend on bombing, prime example being the fairy just before Kanako which I always bomb because I'm a lazy fuck.

>> No.18710151

LoLK isn't fair at all. So many attacks hit multiple times in quick succession so they immediately eat through my shield and kill me before I can bomb again. Clownpiece's moon spell cards are fucking retarded and can't be dodged because the moon rams you into a corner. The number of bullets on screen on normal is easily lunatic tier in any other game. Why did ZUN think this was a good idea?

>> No.18710251

>>18710151
>the moon rams you into a corner
Did you know that your movement isn't restricted to the bottom half of the screen? Crazy I know.

>> No.18710390

>>18710151
>Why did ZUN think this was a good idea?
LoLK isn't supposed to be fair

>> No.18710508

Man, if I was better at dodging LoLK would be so easy. Sanae rapes everything, I just need to live longer on bosses.

>> No.18710830
File: 163 KB, 500x587, AAF5EDDC-5787-4FE2-9A06-DC6E5BA4F36C.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18710151
>>18710390
I believe there is no unfair game, only bad players.

>> No.18710840

How often do you get Extends in LoLK? Trying to decide whether to go with Sanae or Reisen for my 1cc. Reisen can not die instantly but can't clear screens as easily as Sanae.

>> No.18712663

>>18709748
and dying in a game where the lack of life resources is only shadowed by TD is somehow better?

>> No.18712856

>>18710830
You can post your Marisa no bomb run anytime.

>> No.18713151

>>18710830
Post a lolk lnb or better pls

>> No.18714553

>>18709769
>>18709799
Oh, is that so? I didn't notice that, thanks for letting me know.

>>18712663
I know dying is pretty much always the worst option, it just takes a change to mentality to really acknowledge that. The different system with no separated bomb counter threw me out of track.

>> No.18714659

how to loop something with spoilerAl on ESoD? I've seen people looping spellcards and bossfights but I can't remember where. I also want to know where to get this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irjr6kdZfPQ

>> No.18714865

>>18714659
>I also want to know where to get this
https://maribelhearn.github.io/tools "Books Practice for EoSD" sounds like it. haven't tested.
can't help with your question.

>> No.18714917

>>18714865
can't believe I didn't know that page. thanks anon.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action