[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 12 KB, 400x304, yaju.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18366730 No.18366730 [Reply] [Original]

>Nicovideo has lost 140,000 subscribers in the last 3 months

What went wrong? Where are all the japs watching stuff now?

>> No.18366744

>>18366730

Not fixing things and announcing a brand new streaming service with different features to the ones people already like will do that.

I've seen a lot of nico streamers switch to youtube.

>> No.18366775

>Having to pay to seek a video
>Having to pay to watch more than 1 tab

>> No.18366779

Do people like OP actually think that making such shit threads are okay?
Misquoting for really no reason and a ''what went wrong?'' should trigger instant bans.

>> No.18366848

>>18366779
*looks at the rest if the touhou threads*

>> No.18367073

>>18366730
Nico is honestly the worst streaming/video platform ever. It's lagging like shit, the quality is really bad, even with subscription it's still the same shit. Locked time/length to stream ect. I honestly don't understand at all that this piece of shit still exists. Even cheap Chinese/Korean knockoffs are way better than this crap. Only fun gimmick was the comment overlay, which also hasn't improved or made more fun at all. I hope it dies soon and something new and better will appear.

But yes, sadly most already switched to the American cancer, aka YouTube or Twitch.

>> No.18367216

>>18366730
>Where are all the japs watching stuff now?
Youtube, probably. Nico nico started out by hosting all of their content on Youtube and with the superior and free service available, Japanese are probably starting to head back to where it all started.

>>18366779
Fuck off tryhard newfag.
This shitty thread is more worthy of being made than any of the generals on this board.

>> No.18367278

>>18366730
twitter

>> No.18368171
File: 40 KB, 557x612, laughing face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18366779
>Misquoting for really no reason and a ''what went wrong?'' should trigger instant bans.

Imagine being such a nitpicky loser about thread titles when theres are worse thread firestarters in the catalog like:

>I'd like to have a boobjob from this birdy
>this is my wife, Yuugi. she's a cute oni. say something nice about her!
>Big fishe Big luck!
>Why is Sanae so tired?
>I want Doremy to visit my dream!

>> No.18368319

>>18366730
Remove /v/ and /v/ style template threads.

>> No.18368383

>>18367073
Nicovideo is still better than Youtube when it comes to finding content since it has an actually functional tag system. But yeah, in every other way it leaves a lot to be desired.

I honestly believe that if Bili Bili released Japanese and English versions it would steal most of Nico's current users since it has all of its functions but very little bullshit.

>> No.18368414
File: 112 KB, 685x600, 1354274223824.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.18368425

>>18368319
Remove autistic shitters who want to delete unique and relevant on-topic threads because they don't like the formatting.

>> No.18368489 [DELETED] 

>>18366744
They added some new features recently, better search features and more search options and stuff, removed some pointless limitations, and I think they spent a lot of their efforts over the past years doing the HTML 5 thing. Even so there's just shit that it's taken them ages to get to and a bunch shit that doesn't work on mobile.

At the end of the day they're coming with Google, you know, Google, with its ten billion engineers each of whom are paid as much as three Japanese engineers combined along with its infinity free bandwidth. Nico is riding purely off cultural power and I really hope that nipponese banzai pride keeps the place alive.

>the quality is really bad, even with subscription it's still the same shit.
Are you talking about the max quality permitted in uploaded videos, or just the stream quality?

>> No.18368498

>>18366744
They added some new features recently, better search features and more search options and stuff, removed some pointless limitations, and I think they spent a lot of their efforts over the past years doing the HTML 5 thing. Even so there's just shit that it's taken them ages to get to and a bunch shit that doesn't work on mobile.

At the end of the day they're competing with Google, you know, Google, with its ten billion engineers each of whom are paid as much as three Japanese engineers combined along with its infinity free bandwidth. Nico is riding purely off cultural power and I really hope that nipponese banzai pride keeps the place alive.

>the quality is really bad, even with subscription it's still the same shit.
Are you talking about the max quality permitted in uploaded videos, or just the stream quality?

>> No.18368508

>>18368425
>Remove autistic
Might as well delete /jp/ then

>> No.18368986

>>18367216
>>18368171
You say ''don't sweat the details, this shit thread is better than other garbage on the board'' and I say who the fuck are you even trying to fool?
If you don't want only that garbage but also an influx of people of the random side of this site coming here then go ahead, make shit OP even to interesting topics and enjoy even more bad company here.

>> No.18369304

>>18368986
He introduced a topical thread. You've introduced mindless masturbatory wanking. There's literally nothing wrong with the OP except for the fact that it pattern-matched something you didn't like.

If you didn't spend so much time in shit boards this would be a complete fucking non-issue to you.

>> No.18369357

>>18368986
No wonder this sub board is dead wwwww. Can’t engage in a casual conversation without people like you sperging out because of some “pattern” that autists like you notice

>> No.18369537

You heard the guy OP, next time make the thread about smelling Yaju Senpai's feet or how you want to splatter your dirty NEET semen over UDK's boobs so that the /jp/ Thread Quality Assurance Brigade don't jump at your neck.

>> No.18369551

>>18369537
Senpai slowly killed nicovideo

Yaju Senpai AIDS theory.mp3

>> No.18370638

>>18366730

>Where are all the japs watching stuff now?

abema tv

>> No.18371098

>>18366730
They finally caught on the hot new trend of 2007 that is youtube.

I browse through the "live" videos and a lot of them are Japanese playing Monster Hunter or Dark Souls or even Skyrim

>> No.18371461

>>18371098
A decade behind as always

>> No.18371793

>>18371098
This, but they take it actually quite seriously, as in they approach it very professionally because, knowing how very, very fickle Japanese people are, the slightest slip-up can kill a channel's momentum unless they're very charismatic. It's the top future career for middle schoolers, everyone from mainstream celebs to teenagers making channels and getting in on it. You just have to look at UUUM to see how some of them are seeing this as a chance for a very smart business deal, and how often Youtubers are being invited to mainstream music events and TV shows with Downtown recently.

>> No.18371808

>>18369537
The two times I dared to make a thread about a certain Touhou character's feet, it got deleted in less than a day. The first time I also got B& with the reason of "posting content irrelevant to the board."

>> No.18371863

>>18371808
Have you paid shitposting fee to the maid-chan first?

>> No.18371922

If nico nico dies what will happen to the yearly niconico medley?
Is there going to be an youtube medley?

>> No.18372687

>>18371922
>niconico medley

That shit aint relevant for almost a decade

>> No.18372705

Nicovideo’s death is karma for prosecuting and deleting many of the popular inmu videos

Funny how until a few years ago they would then pander to the Inmu fags(and fail). Inmu has been long over, it was too little too late

>> No.18375183

>>18372705
Some trolls got a ton of classic nicomas videos removed recently too

>> No.18380482

only a matter of time before 4chan loses all its subscribers as well

>> No.18380549

>>18366779

get a load of this fucking sperglord

>> No.18380556

>>18368508

that would be good

>> No.18382355

It's not that hard.

Let's go over the pros to niconico vs bilibili (Chinese niconico, and a blatent ripoff that got so much more popular than niconico will ever see)

niconico
>Funny homosexual videos (not gay [gachimuchi], homosexual [inmu/cookie])

That's it. That's literally it. But even then, you can go to xvideos and get funny homosexual videos AND it works on mobile. Where most of the general viewership is located, mobile.

bilibili
>Premium membership via answering quizzes or an invitation code, to show you're not an ill-informed retard
>Can link multiple videos in separate tabs under the same video ID
>Can view videos in as many tabs as they want (FOR FREE)
>Monetization options (mixed, since a lot of shitty videos make it in the rankings and the community has very low standards)
>Cosmetic stores to decorate your avatar and profile (completely optional)
>Very creator friendly approval system and will allow revisions and corrections made to the video, in order to make sure it complies with the site's TOS and Chinese law
>Unlimited video uploads (for free)
>More robust comment system and scripting
>Free streaming service that allows a bitrate higher than anything niconico has ever allowed
>Very dedicated staff
>Puts their code up on github
>Licensed a bunch of anime episodes for viewers to watch (not free)
>A fuckton of Cantonese/Mandarin movies and possibly western movies uploaded to the site, full length and free since lolcopyright

There's a lot more positives, but that's all that I can come up with at the moment.

Point is, a chinese website that's a literal rip off of niconico has absolutely blown the original site off the goddamn map. They're now owned by a 200+ million dollar corporation and has a lot of stuff coming in the future in terms of features and usability. They have several live events, concerts, and community events planned as well since the site has grown so much in the last 3 years alone. And it's continuing to grow at a exponential rate since they have little to no worthy competition now.

>> No.18382412

>>18382355
Some extra details I have to point out about bilibili as well.

>Creator friendly upload system
When I say it's creator friendly, they also have people who are hired or volunteered (I don't know which one it is) to watch the video before it's approved (fully). They will specify what is wrong or why it was disapproved.

When I attempted to upload a video, it was not approved mainly because the title wasn't Chinese. Made that revision and got approved.

Often times, when there's a vulgar or sexually semi-explicit content, they will just make it premium members only and then approve it.

>Negatives
The major negatives is obviously due to the Chinese Government being NO FUN ALLOWED.

This happened with several gachimuchi videos. One user on Twitter said his 500k+ view gachimuchi video was taken down due to "Political Sensitivity" or whatever that means, since the Chinese government is pushing to stop LGBT propaganda. Hell, they banned several terms like "男尻祭" (Man-Ass Festival) and others like that, even though they're just associated with memes.

Another one is that the majority of the community is pretty cancerous as well, but that's honestly to be expected for a community with millions of viewers every day.
>see: sonicfags, popular twitch streamers, etc.

>> No.18382443

>>18366730
It still has scrolling comments and tags to classify shit.
Remember when youtube didn't want 60fps because "30fps was enough". Holy shit, google can also be fucking retards.
Anyway, niconico sucks big balls. They still use fucking flash and the pay model sucks.

>> No.18382480
File: 2.91 MB, 1024x576, the most stylish reimu and marisa in history.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18367073
This.

The garbage quality is really what kills it for me, you cannot even enjoy MMDs with their shit bitrates and 720p max.
But alas, the stupid niprats don't care, just like they don't care that twitter rapes their fanart with jpg artefacts and has literally no search engine. I'm sure they will keep avoiding bilibili because "muh ebil chinks hurr" and continue wallowing in their own filth.

And for the record I'd just like to mention iwara is irredeemable garbage too.

>> No.18382535

>>18382480
I've seen so many Japanese people on Twitter beg bilibili to make a Japanese version of the website after that god awful press conference niconico held around late November 2017.

They want to move there, but they don't know Chinese and the overall site functionality other than the few kanjis they memorized.

And, I'm not kidding when I say this, but others complained that niconico is now a netuyo's nest full of braindead nationalists who still use the site, since it's Japanese.

>> No.18385198
File: 167 KB, 850x851, 1508158751553.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Chinks get out of /jp/

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action