[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 8 KB, 241x41, logo.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17934621 No.17934621 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone bought at BOOKOFF Online (the Japanese one)? I want to buy an out-of-print book from the 90s but don't know how good their condition are. I could buy at the Amazon Marketplace and rip my wallet.

>> No.17937027

I don't know about BookOff, but Yahoo Auctions are a great place to find stuff like that for good prices. I get old stuff from various book resellers there all the time. I don't know if they'll ship outside Japan, though.

>> No.17937156

They're popular with nips. Probably not bad. They offer pics on their yahoo auctions store.

>> No.17937847

>>17937027
Thanks, I'll look around.

>>17937156
Thank you.

>> No.17938432 [DELETED] 

Japanese law for some reason made all buyers outside of Japan require an international form of identification that is not a passport. Usually you can apply for an international drivers licence or submit your licence to am online agency in Japan (don't ask me what) associated with the company being bought from for them to have it approved as am acceptable form of identification.

This is required for at least mandrake and Yahoo Japan and Amazon Japan. Bookoff is unknown to me. I went through about 4 bookoffs in tokyo and came out with something I was looking for each before booking the trip each time. Highly rexxomend bookoff to /jp/ users who visit Japan if not able to purchase online. I imagine bookoff puts their more rare items up on their website. U.S.A's chain store of second hand goods called "Good Will" does the same thing online, though I have only found really ever one thing worth any real interest on Good Will' s website.

Best of luck OP.

>> No.17940101

a forwarding service like buyee is what you should use to purchase from bookoff online

>> No.17941035

>>17934621
well ive got shit from bookoff in store before. if anything theyre a bit overpriced and their stock is really mainstream for the most part

>> No.17941051

>>17941035
also to add theyre great as an entry level store, but its best to search around for single store second hand media shops. way better deals as well as cooler pickings. some will be half doujin half normal media as well, which is a nice change after going to places like toranoara

>> No.17941727

>>17938432
>>17940101
Fortunately I'm using a proxy.

>>17941051
They have some stock of the book series I'm looking for besides Suruga-ya and Amazon. Any second hand shop which has an online store you can recommend? Besides Yahoo Auctions.

>> No.17942455

Forgot to say I also know Mandarake.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action