[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture


View post   

File: 784 KB, 3686x3686, serval face hd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17774968 No.17774968[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Can't post about this on /a/ anymore, so it seems the mods don't want it there. So, like the several other banned series. Hi /jp/

>> No.17774974
File: 157 KB, 333x355, 1508114913696.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17774974

Go home.

>> No.17774978
File: 51 KB, 450x532, 1409841554896.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17774978

anime belongs in >>>/a/

>> No.17774987

>>17774978
Agreed.
>>>/a/163576716

>> No.17774991

We already have enough with one furfag general from /a/
>>17765749

>> No.17774998
File: 609 KB, 750x975, e265f8739cd05fb37d52bfd921b7090b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17774998

>>17774991
Do you think Orin is a furry character too?

>> No.17775007

>>17774998
No, I don't think the Kemono Friends girls are either, I just wanted to make fun of the monster girl general

>> No.17775009

>>17775007
well, I don't blame you then

>> No.17775022
File: 197 KB, 870x1344, 026 Australian Devil.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17775022

Not up to date on things but I think the recent events are:
1) Tatsuki being alive https://twitter.com/irodori7/status/917406713409552385
2) Graoe-kun being dead.

I sadly stay out of the loop for the most part since I'm busy, but those two things got my attention.

>> No.17775027

>>17774978
furenzus are otaku culture too!

>> No.17775028

>>17774968

Fuck off.

>> No.17775030

>>17775022
1) Wait I thought they fired everyone from season 1.
2) I knew the mods in /a/ were fags but this is just retardation. Have they been sniffing glue again?

>> No.17775037
File: 415 KB, 250x250, 1490320896722.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17775037

>>17775022
>Graoe
Grape-kun. I'm special.

>>17775028
I think I speak for most KF fans when I say "shit man, I'd love to"

>>17775030
>>1) Wait I thought they fired everyone from season 1.
Yes, or rather they were not given a new contract. However they've been in negotiations with Kadokawa since maybe a week and a half ago. Nobody knows anything and hope is like at a vague level. At any rate the shitstorm was so fucking severe that it actually made a Japanese megacorporation consider backpedaling, and that's sugoi

>> No.17775043

The entire series is like 8bux on steam btw.

>> No.17775045

Fuck off and kill yourself

>> No.17775047

I didn't see a sticky on /a/ saying Kemono Friends is banned. Seems weird they'd single it out when Boku no Hero Academia and DBS threads are up 24/7.

>> No.17775048

>>17775043
That's decent. I bought the entire series before all the Kadokawa controversy.

>> No.17775050

>>17775043
Who the fuck buys anime on Steam, if you do that the studio doesn't see a single penny of the profits, it all goes to Valve

>> No.17775053

>>17775047
yes, sure does, but they banned me last week or something for it and are deleting threads on site

If they're only about a character like the mod asked for, they're deleted. If they're regular threads, they're deleted. If they're threads featuring translation of new manga, they're deleted. They're only allowed to live when that guy's asleep. But enough about that

>> No.17775055

>>17775047
They're just butthurt that KC becomes a Japanese phenomenon overnight. It ruins salesfags, it ruins people who like Maidragon, it ruins people who likes anime.

But it's not our fault that anime has been the same old shit the past years.

>> No.17775057

>>17775055
>KF
Fixed. I need my meds.

>> No.17775059

>>17774968
>>17775037

The entitlement of people who use general threads are astonishing. You're not entitled to a thread fagasses, if you want to discuss Kemono Friends on /a/, you still can, but you cannot do it under continues, never ending threads. Generals are conisdered cancer for a reason and there's no reason why /jp/ should be subjected to more of it.

>> No.17775060
File: 435 KB, 1280x1175, cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17775060

Someone should draw a Friend version of the cat featured in Botero's "Still Life with Green Soup"

>> No.17775061

>>17775059
will a KF thread detract from your touhou circlejerking theads?

>> No.17775062

>>17775030
>I knew the mods in /a/ were fags but this is just retardation.
/a/ banned fun long ago, and bans anything the mods arbitrarily dont like, actual rules be damned

>> No.17775063

just leave, anon

>> No.17775064

>>17775057
I myself am posting like a breathing disaster

>>17775059
>if you want to discuss Kemono Friends on /a/, you still can
no you literally cannot

and I dunno, I don't want to start a meta argument, but on /a/ when you make more than one thread about a series people say you should be in one thread, so you go in one thread and people say don't make generals. Or, really, the fact is it's popular and people always want to talk about it. It's kind of like how there are many many Touhou threads on /jp/, because we love Touhou

>> No.17775067

>>17775059
Kancolle has a generals
Idols, AV's, Gravure etc has a generals. It didn't stop the 2hu shitpostings.

>> No.17775068

>>17775055
Don't be so dramatic. I bet most people are mostly indifferent towards it except some group of autists.

>> No.17775069

>>17775059
what I meant by you cannot >>>/a/163579692

>> No.17775070

i love KF and i wouldnt mind discussing it on here OCCASIONALLY but i want to talk about it with /jp/sies in slow easy threads and talk about its doujin games too. those and the kadokawa stuff are kind of board related. doesn't KF have a fan convention like Touhou now?

i dont think this will last long since other KF threads get deleted and this ones way more obvious. but if it makes you feel better id much rather have you guys than djt and seiyuu and the other stupid /a/ reject shit that's been forced on us. and no, /jp/ is not just an /a/ dumping ground for shit that doesn't belong there, it has (or at least was created for) a clear purpose in VN/LN things, otaku culture, doujin works, and Touhou

the big problem is the main draw here is still the anime and anime discussion is not /jp/, same with lots of things like non-doujin games

>>17775043
it's also free from horriblesubs. buying on steam is dumb.

>> No.17775075

>>17775064
People who said
>you should be in one thread
are different than the one who said
>don't make generals

>> No.17775080

>>17775067
my man, we all fucking hate the idolfags and JAV idiots. they are straight up their own insular communities. there's a reason they and kancolle and shit are not on the 4cc team or ever really considered part of /jp/ culture

>> No.17775087

>>17775061

It adds off topic clutter to a slow board, so yes.

>>17775064

You need to improve your reading comprehensive skills, but regardless that still doesn't entitle you to a general thread on a different board.

>>17775067

Yes? I don't approve of those either, but they aren't a primarily anime/manga series.

>> No.17775089

Why not go on the IRC and ask what's up with the mod, providing examples of threads you think have been unjustly deleted? If enough people bother them they may be forced to listen and think about it.

Or they may just ban everyone and stick their fingers in their ears, move a couple more generals into /jp/ and make yet another no topic board, that seems more likely.

>> No.17775105

>>17775062
I never went there but didn't know it was THAT bad!

>> No.17775106

>>17775087
I can't make a thread on the anime board about an anime and you're telling me I'm feeling entitled. You can still make threads about series that aired 20 years ago, but you can't make one about a series that aired within this year. You say you shouldn't make constant threads, but it's popular so it has constant threads. Dragon Ball Super, Shingeki no Kyojin, any currently airing anime will have constant threads because the userbase is large, worldwide, and active.

So I don't know. I would prefer being on /a/, but I'm not allowed.

>> No.17775108

>>17775089
the fact that we have to deal with idolfags and one of the 5 monstergirl generals on the site was already bad enough, i really wish they didnt let /a/ refugees set up shop with things like djt and "i wanna fuck seiyuus": the thread

>> No.17775115

>>17775087
Yet here you are whining about KF and showing us your disapproval, yet you arent in those other threads doing the same. How about you stick your head in the sand and ignore this thread if you do not like it so much? Also if we are going by your logic Touhou has been primarily a series of video games so it should not beling in /jp/ either

>> No.17775114
File: 212 KB, 513x437, 9c7b0b7826063b8a2f9ae3e82a73cf45.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17775114

>>17775108
F-For what it's worth this is mixed media?

I dunno, I love Touhou and I love KF and I love KF for a lot of the reasons I love Touhou. This seems to be also the case with a lot of Japanese, hence "otaku culture" seems relevant.

>> No.17775116

>>17775105
yeah, i left long ago, it wad when they got new mods some time back, suddenly threads would be deleted, ones on topic, not violating rules and discussing new chapters or news where being deleted with no explanation that where fine before new mods came to power

>> No.17775123

There is more than one thread per series in / a /, but the mod for some reason has a disturbing obsession with Kemono Friends

>> No.17775126

>>17775114
as i said earlier >>17775070 i like kemono friends a lot and i feel the same way, that much of what i see in it i also see in Touhou. Many Touhou doujin creators like both. I think if threads are about the whole of the franchise and involved doujinsoft I wouldn't mind them.

Like I said, I would readily take you over the other threads if I had a choice. But I'm not sure how these threads go, if they're just a dull reiteration of the anime or what.

>> No.17775130

>>17775115
not that guy but Touhou has been /jp/ since it's creation. Half the reason the board is here is because of it. It's clearly a special case in regards to indie creations and doujin works

>> No.17775134
File: 919 KB, 938x1250, 61401146_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17775134

>>17775126
I honestly don't want to talk meta, I want to talk Friends, but I'm afraid of trying to get the /a/ fanbase's attention because I feel like the thread would be arbitrarily deleted, forbidding us to talk anywhere at all on 4chan until the mod goes to sleep. Like, he'll let you post in /trash/. That's not nice.

Usually I'd just post about Friends I like, ask for comics, ask for news, discuss news, etc. You know, whatever shit. Sometimes I translate manga too.

>> No.17775135

>>17775106

Oh, boohoo. Literally nobody cares for your story of oppression and you'll get zero sympathy from /jp/.

Try and consider WHY you cannot create threads. People dislike you lot for a reason.

So try to be a bit introspective and think about what you've done by creating this thread, you barged into a board that you don't know much acting like a shit and you are honestly surprised that you've been given an adverse reaction?

>>17775115

Whether they're here or not changes nothing about Kemono Friends being entitled to a general on a different board.

>> No.17775135,1 [INTERNAL] 

Sigh...

To the anon saying I was surprised. I'm not, it's 4chan. Did I say I was surprised?

And you say I should wonder why they dislike us a lot. They don't. Most /a/ users genuinely don't care. It's not like when they rose up against Naruto so extremely that moot had to shut them up. Kemono Friends is hardly even mentioned outside of KF threads.

>> No.17775135,2 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,1
Probably deleted because it got reported at the same time there were spam threads. You can try again in a couple of days or go straight to the IRC and ask the mods.

>> No.17775135,3 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,2
How do you even approach mods on IRC about that?

I don't think it'll work. It just seems like needless dramatics. All this? To talk about something on 4chan? It's not like gamergate or something, it's just a fucking chinese cartoon

>> No.17775135,4 [INTERNAL] 

If you try to discuss aspects of KF on /jp/ because they're genuinely /jp/-related, it's possible you might be able to slide under the radar. If you literally move in and plant a flag saying "lol we're not allowed in /a/ so we'll move here" you'll get dumped on and everybody will think that's perfectly normal.

Granted, MGG did that back in the day and the mods forced that garbage thread down our throats by banning everyone who complained despite the fact that literally fucking nobody in /jp/ wanted that piece of shit, so I guess all things considered this is better for /jp/. Sucks to be your community, I guess.

>> No.17775135,5 [INTERNAL] 

Why don't you faggots understand to use the MMD thread or the monstergirl thread? Anime goes in /a/. fuck what the /a/ mods want. Nothing else is relevant to /jp/ because all the other shit spins off the anime currently. You can talk about MMD related parodies in MMD thread, you can talk about the characters in monstergirl threads. This shit does not need a single focused general.

Besides that, if so many of you use ghost, you can just make a ghost general

>>17775135,4
>Granted, MGG did that back in the day and the mods forced that garbage thread down our throats by banning everyone who complained despite the fact that literally fucking nobody in /jp/ wanted that piece of shit
This is because the mod makes and controls those threads. Even the monstergirl posters have complained about it before. They just wanted to move their favorite thread to /jp/ and protect it.

>> No.17775135,6 [INTERNAL] 

I wonder if the janitor who makes the monster girl threads is the same one who makes the boobhu threads.

>> No.17775135,7 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,6

why is that?

>> No.17775135,8 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,5
The reason that Kemono Friends "secondary material" or fucking whatever would make sense as its own thread is because it's a coherent single interest. Most fans in the MMD thread fall into two categories: the people who are in it for the Touhou, and the people who are in for the ecchi. Neither of these people are going to be exceptionally interested in Kemono Friends MMD. On the other hand, almost all Kemono Friends fans have at least a passing interest and are kept out mostly by the language barrier.

>or the monstergirl thread?
The monster girl thread is an ERP-filled trash heap full of thinly disguised tfw no monster gf blogging. Even /trash/ would be a better option than merging with it.

>> No.17775135,9 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,7
Because I've heard similar rumors about both threads, namely that if you try to start a new thread it'll get deleted for no apparent reason. I've also seen the janitor delete images in boobhu threads while leaving the otherwise empty post up.

>> No.17775135,10 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,3
Mods aren't helpful at all. Don't bother.

>> No.17775135,11 [INTERNAL] 

>Most fans in the MMD thread fall into two categories: the people who are in it for the Touhou, and the people who are in for the ecchi.
Then join in and make a third faction.

>Neither of these people are going to be exceptionally interested in Kemono Friends MMD
So? If it's interesting, it's interesting. Look at how the cookie fandom has been pushing their stuff lately vs how many people give a fuck about homo memes.

The clubhouse mentality is a degenerate way of thinking. Just spread out and post stuff people can enjoy instead of trying to make a kemono friends board for your buddies to have irc chats in. It's probably the reason the mods don't care either; they feel you don't want to talk about kemono friends but rather you want to talk to your "friends" about kemono friends.

>The monster girl thread is an ERP-filled trash heap
Every general has always been "I want to fuck x!" at a glance and I doubt kemono friends general is anything other than "I want to fuck x!" at a glance, no matter what else you think goes on there. And if you can't talk about anime, what do you have left? KFs doing dances that can be in the MMD thread alongside 2hus doing the same dances? Discussing a(n off-topic) game no one played and a game no one is going to play? Fan art that you can post in /c/? Right now the hot topics besides "I want to fuck x" are you guys whining about kadokawa and caring about some dead penguin who didn't actually give a shit about the cutout. Neither of those warrant a general thread. At least the monstergirlfags have actual content to talk about right now.

>almost all Kemono Friends fans have at least a passing interest and are kept out mostly by the language barrier.
And how does a general thread facilitate them learning Japanese? You can translate the videos and upload them on youtube without making a thread at all.

Your best chance would be making an MMD series thread under the idea that KF and GDGD and Tesagure and SeHa and so on are made in MMD and thus somewhat /jp/, although there's a chance you'd merge with the Kizuna Ai people. There's also no reason the MMD thread can't become this. (since there's not even a regular MMD thread anyway, as the people who care about /e/ properly post in the one in /e/)

>> No.17775135,12 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,11
>who didn't actually give a shit about the cutout
Wrong.

>> No.17775135,13 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,11
Translation / uploading is not motivating when you aren't sure you're going to have an audience and trying to forge a third faction out of nothing is hard but I guess if you don't try you're the biggest loser of all.

>you want to talk to your "friends" about kemono friends.
Everybody who is a fan of Kemono Friends can be a friend. Well, one of the reasons Touhou is popular is that it got a ton of people into it through fan stuff alone. Well, there are more like two visions of KF threads in /jp/, one of which is the "pick up the /a/ thread and drop it in /jp/" one and one of which supposedly focuses on actual /jp/ things. The second one wouldn't be fast at all.

>Your best chance would be making an MMD series thread under the idea that KF and GDGD and Tesagure and SeHa and so on are made in MMD and thus somewhat /jp/
That almost seems more like a stretch than trying to rely on the fan stuff. Though honestly? That would probably be an imported community too. /jp/ these days feels so stratified that everything new seems like it was born somewhere else, the only new thing I can remember from the last year is like Kizuna Ai and that's it.

>> No.17775135,14 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,13
>the only new thing I can remember from the last year is like Kizuna Ai and that's it.
Pretty sure that was from /v/.

>> No.17775135,15 [INTERNAL] 

>>17775135,11
>Look at how the cookie fandom has been pushing their stuff lately vs how many people give a fuck about homo memes.

We wouldn't do that if people stopped posting Cookie fanart in Touhou threads (flimsy excuse)

>Your best chance would be making an MMD series thread under the idea that KF and GDGD and Tesagure and SeHa and so on are made in MMD and thus somewhat /jp/

The rest are okay but Kemono Friends isn't actually animated in MMD

>>
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Action