[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 105 KB, 1000x1000, 1494575347772.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17510932 No.17510932[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How widespread is cheating in Japan? I've come across a couple of articles and videos that seem to suggest that cheating is common and even acceptable in Japan as long as feelings aren't involved. Maybe I'm just an ignorant Gaijin, but I always thought that Japanese people cared a lot about being faithful, but guess that might just be another 2D otaku fantasy that non-otaku just don't give a shit about.

Can't really confirm if infidelity is actually more widespread in Japan compared to western countries, since I can't find any cross-country statistics on this type of behavior. Does anyone know more about this, and if so, why is this the case if it's true, and is there a difference between generations? I would assume that cheating would have been more widespread during the bubble-era compared to today.

>> No.17510938

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/07/06/national/media-national/equal-opportunity-infidelity-comes-to-japan/

>> No.17510943

Not really otaku-related now that I think about it, unfortunately can't delete the thread. Oh well.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action