[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 794 KB, 1433x2023, Welcome_to_USA89b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17146 No.17146 [Reply] [Original]

What the fuck does everyone mean this board wasnt created for discussing japan, japanese history, and their culture? People are saying it was created for touhou and anime? I'm incredibly confused. Its called fucking JAPAN.

>> No.17171

lol slowpoke, read the goddamn descr-

oh wait.

>> No.17187

Moot agreed.

>> No.17164

Read the goddamn stickies fagtron.

>> No.17196

>>17164
are you shitting me? It says its for Japanese general things AND some touhou/whatever that other shit is. Why are people pissed at discussion over japanese history?

>> No.17192

>>17146
Illiterate gaffot!

>> No.17218

It was created for japanese things and INCLUDES anime and figurines. Stop getting pissed at discussion over japan.>>17192

>> No.17214

>>17196

nobody wants to discuss japan

>> No.17257

I also don't get why its for anime-related things. Why isnt that for /a/?

>> No.17304

>>17196
Because History is useless to us. Can't do shit about it or with it.

>> No.17325

>>17304
then why was this board made? I also didnt say it was only about history, its about the country in modern times, but apparently all the /a/ssholes disagree.

>> No.17702

>>17325
You really want to discuss Japanese history? Are you REALLY interested in that?

>> No.17726

DSFARGEG

>> No.17748

>>17257

/a/ bitched at moot saying that us faggots talked about non anime related stuff too much. Said to make a board for us.

He decided to call it japan/general. Not really the best choice.

Most of the board is made up of refugees that want an /a/ where they can discuss mahjong, VNs, touhou, soundtracks, and figurines without being pissed on.

>> No.17817

>>17702
I am.

This board is JAPAN, not /a/ or /c/ or /toy/, use those boards to discuss this shit.

Of course you can discuss anime, manga or toys as long as they are actually dealing with Japan.

But gtfo with your fetishes and your anime shit if the only reason you post this here is because you identify japan with it or because it comes from japan.
YOU HAVE YOUR OWN BOARDS FOR THAT.

We also have a Technology board and still it doesn't get flooded with cars and weapons, because there's a board for cars and for weapons and for everything else that relates to technology...

Meh, I want to talk about Japan here, not about Anime or Manga or Toys that only relate to Japan because their makers live in that country.
(Most of the time not even from there, toys from china, etc.)

>> No.17846

>>17817
Well, good luck discussing Japanese history with yourself.

>> No.17848

>>17840
then GTFO

>> No.17840

moot needs to rename it to /a/ flipside and then maybe it wouldn't fail so much. I don't want to read shit about samurai's and jap culture.

>> No.17842

>>17817
Makers of Japanese history live in Japan.

BAAWWWW elsewhere.

>> No.17854

>>17817

>Of course you can discuss anime, manga or toys as long as they are actually dealing with Japan.

Figures aren't allowed in /toy/. We aren't discussing anime and manga either. Just light novels and visual novels. And doujin games. All of which are specified to be here.

I'm sure you see the immediate problem with this board. Division by zero is imminent.

>> No.17885

>>17854

Yeah, Sadly this board is doomed to die.
Hardcore culturefags should just do what the Jpopfags, cosplayfags, and touhoufags are doing. Ignoring each other. It's the only way this place is gonna work.

>> No.17940

They should just call this board /bj/

>> No.17952

>>17854
WTF, why are figurines not allowed in toy but on THIS board?

Seriously, what the heck, that's retarded.
And why don't you discuss this on the other boards?
Visual Novel/Doujin games = /v/
Light Novels/Visual Novels = /a/

This board becomes shit when all the real animu/manga/figurine fetishists find out about this place and discuss their favourite pieces of "art".

Yeah, you know...the values and people and characters that get portraied by those things have so much to do wtih Japan. Q_q

>> No.17966

>>17885

that sounds alot like what we did in /a/

>> No.17979

>>17952 This board becomes shit when all the real animu/manga/figurine fetishists find out about this place and discuss their favourite pieces of "art".

Yeah, you know...the values and people and characters that get portraied by those things have so much to do wtih Japan. Q_q
I raged

>> No.17972

>>17952

Do you not see the stickies on this board and /a/? People really aren't lying when they say the board was made for this stuff.

>> No.18005

The only thing you can discuss about anime, manga and any other fanboy/girl item in Japan on this board is, how less they have to do with the country.

Why are you identifying Japan with this shit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan

Allright, let's better talk about the woodblock-printing invented in Japan then.

Because those anime and manga stories have NOTHING to do with Japan and if you really think the characteristics of the characters that those things contain have very much to do with the real Japanese society...uhhhm yeah, nevermind.

>> No.18018

>>18005

Lol.
Also wrong field.

>> No.18027

I thought this would be the best board ever: Mahjong, Touhou, Visual Novels, figurines and even Go in the same place, instead I get some ugly 3d people, culture, jpop and fucking history lessons here.

>> No.18053

>>17972
I for once read >>"I want /a/ to become "ANIME & MANGA" again."

So STOP discussing anime/manga shit on /jp/.

With the rest: Yeah, fuck that, we have to deal with figurine fetishists, we only can hope for a REAL Japan/General board.

>> No.18057

>>18005
Have you read what this board was meant for?

>> No.18047

>>18027

Give it a chance. First Night was awesome
And there's still a few more hours until nightshift begins.
Most Believe it's simply a day/night thing again.

>> No.18083

>>18057
Yes, but have you ever read the board title and how contradictory it is then?
Seriously what has ANY of this shit to do with Japan?

It was manufactured there? Yes.
Anything else? Not at all.

Also: This time it's the right field.

>> No.18115

Stop whining.

>> No.18200

>>18083

Blame moot for the lame name then, not us.

>> No.18274

>>18047
With the setting sun
the faggots go back to bed
/jp/ will flourish

>> No.18274,1 [INTERNAL] 

moot is a genius

>> No.18274,2 [INTERNAL] 

>>17840
>I don't want to read shit about samurai's and jap culture.
then go elsewhere

>> No.18274,3 [INTERNAL]  [DELETED] 

>> No.18274,4 [INTERNAL] 

>>18274,3
Retard.

>> No.18274,5 [INTERNAL] 

>>18274,4
>.<

>>
Name
Subject
Comment