[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 111 KB, 400x300, 1204963271274.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
167214 No.167214 [Reply] [Original]

How is World War II taught in the Japanese school curriculum?

>> No.167217
File: 41 KB, 400x300, 1204560386595.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.167219

Poorly.

>> No.167225

bad stuff happened and we got nuked

>> No.167232

Your lucky the Russians didn't invade.

>> No.167259

Japan: NOT OUR FAAAAAAUUUUUUULT

At least America can stand back after awhile and go "Well, shit. We fucked up there."

>> No.167271

>>167259
Lately it's become all the rage to blame Americans for everything!

>> No.167274

When I was in Okinawa on Student Exchange, I found that they taught, at the very least, the battle of Okinawa. They don't fault the Americans for it; actually, they fault the Japanese Military, that ran the Okinawan people through the meat grinder, and then abandoned them to the Americans, telling them to commit suicide rather than surrender, that Americans would torture them and run them over with tanks. This was obviously untrue, which the Okinawans learned quickly.

Sad stuff, really. Okinawan population was decimated in a matter of weeks, all because of some deluded superiority complex the mainland Japanese had.

>> No.167416

Yes, because we wanted to provoke a massive war that would kill millions of people and strain the economic limits of our citizens. It wasn't because we had interests overseas that we wanted to protect from the Japanese, who were busy overruning Asia and had their eyes on the Philippines and everything else, and essentially telling everyone but Germany to fuck off.

If they actually teach in Japan that everything they did in the years leading up to WWII and WWII itself was all reactionary because all the Western bullies were picking on them, then they seriously need to pull their collective head out of their collective ass and man up and take some fucking responsibility. Sweeping all that shit under the carpet and trying to make excuses for their Imperialism and inhumane military actions is why so many Asian countries still loathe them to this day.

>> No.167429

well it cant be any more biased then how the yanks teach their children history.

>> No.167439

>>167416
>Yes, because we wanted to provoke a massive war that would kill millions of people and strain the economic limits of our citizens

lol sounds familiar

>> No.167442

Humanity sucks.

>> No.167453

History is written by the winners

>> No.167456

>>167453
And that's why the good guys always win.

>> No.167460

>>167429
I was going to bring this up, and I'm an Amerifag. No negative light is ever cast on the United States when it comes to war or expansion.

>> No.167463

Japan starts war-mongering all over Asia. Manchuria is not enough, they must have it all.

America and the west let it slide for a while, Germany was a bigger threat.

Their greed was their downfall. It led to the eventual embargo. If you don't want war with America, then quit giving us reasons to go to war, because we'll take it and then some.

What's next? The west "bullied" poor little Japan into nearly conquering the entire far east? What a load of crap. We may have bias in our history books, but at least we don't censor out all the mean shit we did to the native americans.

>> No.167465

>>167429

Actually Americans teach their history very well in my experience. Most countries have the idea that they are superior, but since everybody hates America (including Americans) nobody gives a fuck.

The Japanese probably say they were forced into the war by the Nazi's, and that we over did it with the nukes.

>> No.167500

>>167465

Japan can be worst then the Jews in terms of pity mongering when nukes are mentioned. Which is hilarious, since the other option of just invading the island would've done even MORE to kill them and destroy the country then the nukes did.

>> No.167520

>>167465
>everybody hates America (including Americans)

while its true everyone else hates America be it jealousy or because they are the new fascist bully boys of the world like the UK used to be, Americans don't hate their own country and are by far the most patriotic and nationalistic developed nation.

>> No.167534

>>167520
You don't get much exposure to Americans, do you? I'm pretty sure everyone I know hates our current government as well as the prospectives lining up for the next election.

>> No.167537

>>167465
Of course they'll say we overdid it with the nukes, they're the ones that got nuked.

People have been arguing since Japan's surrender whether America was justified in using the nuclear bombs, with no real conclusion. Personally, I can certainly see why they were such a tempting weapon to use when you consider all the various factors and costs an invasion of the home islands would for both Japan and America. As terrible a weapon as nuclear bombs are, in the context of war with Japan, they prevented what would probably have been the costliest invasion in human history in terms of loss of life and property. And I honestly don't think the Japanese were on the verge of surrender in the August of '45. The military would have fought just as bitterly and brutally as they did on Iwo Jima and Okinawa, and the citizens would have either done the same or been sacrificed callously by the military.

Whatever the Japanese think, they brought all that shit upon themselves by being so aggressively imperialist and having a military that prettymuch tortured, murdered, or raped everyone and everything that wasn't Japanese.

>> No.167551

>>167500
idd, how can the Japanese possibly think that dropping nuclear bombs on them wasn't a kind thing and actually it cleared a lot of space for them to make new cities. also they don't seem to appreciate the fire bombings that killed far more people. what ungrateful people.

they need to read our history books then they will realise we did them a favour and that they weren't on the verge of giving in and surrendering and that the bomb tests weren't rushed so as to give us the opportunity to try them out on real living people before they did surrender.

>> No.167554

There are doubtless many reasons why Japan feels little guilt for WWII.

But the main reason is kokutai. Kokutai was taught to schoolkids. Kokutai was in the films, on the radio, in every piece of propaganda. Kokutai was something the soldiers and civilians of Japan believed in with all their heart.

It's an incredibly complicated term, and you could easily write a few pages just trying to cover all its aspects, but in its simplest sense it means that the "divine" Emperor is the living embodiment of the spirit of Japan.

When the Allies said Emperor Hirohito was innocent, they were inadvertently saying all of Japan was.

This is complicated by the (frankly embarrassing) way that the Allies let many Japanese war criminals off the hook or gave them significantly reduced sentences. So you ended up with men who had personally overseen massacres getting elected to public office not long after. Nobusuke Kishi, a Class A war criminal (meaning he was one of the leaders of Japan's military, like Tojo, and had knowingly waged aggressive war and had knowingly allowed war atrocities) was given such a light sentence that he was able to become Prime Minister not ten years later.

There were several hundred people whose actions qualified them as Class A war criminals. Only 25 were tried and sentenced. Seven, including Tojo, were sentenced to death. The other eight got a wide range of sentences, and, like I said, one even ended up PM not long afterwards.

Japan feels little guilt because the Allies, quite honestly, gave Japan a free pass.

>> No.167562

>>167534
doesn't mean you don't like your country or what your country historically did and stands for just because you don't like the current government

>> No.167583
File: 14 KB, 300x175, 0310-01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>167537
Nuking Japan was an act of mercy compared to what continued firebombing would have done.

>> No.167592

>>167554

Do you really think that the people of today should feel guilt for things that other people did before they were even born? I'm not saying that it should be swept under the carpet and we should obviously learn from the mistakes but equally I don't think any German child should feel guilt for what the Nazi's did. You should appreciate that your country isn't perfect and all countries have been the source of atrocities but realise that you aren't your country.

>> No.167593

>>167554
I don't think any of that shit would have happened if MacArthur hadn't been relieved of command over Japan.

From what I understand, McCarthy was busy stirring up the Red Scare in America, and his influence combined with MacArthur being on thin ice with most of the US Government anyway combined to get him booted from his command. The free pass to Japan came because McCarthy and the US government wanted to get Japan back on its feet and stable again to ward off Communist influence from Russia, so they redid all the work MacArthur had done and put a bunch of the old Japanese leaders back in power so they would stabilize everything.

>> No.167602

>>167583
while I partly agree that is a bit like saying its an act of mercy to shoot someone in the head because you keep torturing them.

>> No.167630

>>167602

see

>>167537

>> No.167628

>>167602
Moar like. You stabbed me in the back so I applied a torniquet on one of your legs so you wouldn't use it to kick me too. Now I'm going to have to cut it off before it kills you.

>> No.167632

>>167562
Tell that to the Brits, the Frogs, the Dutch, the Belgians, the Spanish and Portuguese, Aussies and South Africans. Killed millions of natives all over the world but today act like Europe is so holy and clean and innocent and America is responsible for every single misfortune that befalls non-whites.

tl;dr Eurofags and their offshoots are hypocrites.

>> No.167650

>>167592
SHUTUP. We Americans are still being made to feel guilty over the genocide of the Native Americans and enslavement of the African Americans. You Japs and Krauts, you think you can be different? Huh?

>> No.167653

>>167632
And yet, American is a Eurofag offshoot.

>> No.167656

>>167632
>>167592

That's just it though - in almost all other cases, the other civilized countries can go "Well, we fucked up. Our bad."

But Japan is too fucking arrogant to admit fault, so instead it just pretends it never happened. I'm not saying they need to kill themselves over it, I'm saying they need to fucking acknowledge they did wrong, and not in that half-ass, "Oops, they're mad at us" way.

Japan strikes me like a little kid who was caught doing something bad. They don't apologize because they realize they did something wrong, they apologize because they lost the fight or got caught.

>> No.167660

>>167632
To be honest, most of the reason why America gets shit on is because we keep sticking our nose into all the shit that has come about in old European colonies as a result of the empires retreating and those colonies becoming independent.

>> No.167663

>>167653
true dat

>> No.167672

>>167630
there is a lot more evidence that Japan would have surrendered quickly since they were on their knees because of the fire bombings. what you spout is just the rhetoric Americans have been taught to justify testing nukes on real cities to scare the Russians.

>> No.167688

>>167672
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Hatanaka

>> No.167693

>If they actually teach in Japan that everything they did in the years leading up to WWII and WWII itself was all reactionary because all the Western bullies were picking on them, then they seriously need to pull their collective head out of their collective ass and man up and take some fucking responsibility.

Your (european) colony empire is better than mine, eh?
No shit, it doesn't go like that sir. Even if they of course had more or less the criminal administration of Belgium in Congo some years before and that was fortunately not more accepted, Konoe was right that europe ww1 winners wanted Asia to be their pretty colony. Not differently than Japan - how the hell did they had less rights than Holland to Indonesia?

And the euro-american Seven Sisters monopoly on oil was not helping.

>> No.167698

>>167672
Yet you don't present said evidence to support your argument.

Here, I'll do it for you, AS SOON AS THE RUSSIANS INVADED AND TOOK MANCHURIA, THE JAPS WERE WILLING TO BEND OVER BACKWARDS FOR THE AMERICANS< NUKES WERE NOT NECESSARY, JAPS WERE SCARED SHITLESS AT WHAT RUSSIANS WOULD DO TO THEM.

>> No.167713

>>167672
167537 here. I came to my conclusion through reading books from war historians, accounts of soldiers both on the ground and in the ranks of command, general history books of all sorts, some people I've talked to in real life that fought in WWII (Americans), and books that I've read on Japanese culture, both in the decades leading up to WWII and currently. I'm not simply spouting some sort of defensive rhetoric that I've been brain-washed into believing. I've read a lot of books from a myriad of authors and come to my own educated and informed conclusion.

If it makes you feel better about your stance to devalue my own as the propagandistic chatter of US government/military officials, then go right ahead.

>> No.167715

>>167632
reading something I didn't say into it. Europeans actually get taught in school about the terrible things their countries did that is the only difference.

>>167656
I agree with you partly but I am pretty sure Japan has paid reparations to prisoners of war, correct me if I'm wrong.

>> No.167720

>>167214

Fucking Japan, I'm Asian, and I'm raging so hard from this crock of bullshittery.

>> No.167727

>>167672
what you spout is just the rhetoric you have been taught that Americans tested nukes on real cities to scare the Russians. Go find another conspiracy to support.

>> No.167739

>>167693
I get the idea that you're trying to say something like "don't accuse them of being imperialist aggressors when the West is filled with countries that did the same thing," but you seriously need to learn to articulate yourself even a little bit. It really helps get your message across when it has some sort of central point, and not just tangential babbling.

>> No.167747

>>167602
Japan's government was torturing its citizens.

>> No.167750

>>167727
Conspiracy indeed. That guy probably believes the moon landings were fake too, and that the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks.

>> No.167751

>>167720

Japanese soldiers must have felt the same way while they mutilated and raped your grandparents.

>> No.167758

>>167534

So that's like, what 4 people tops?

>> No.167763

>>167750
only in Amerikkka could people be so deluded and brainwashed by patriotism that it could be considered a conspiracy theory.

>> No.167767

>>167763
what country are you from?

>> No.167780

FWIW I think the 1st bomb was right - some doubts about the second one.

>> No.167781

>>167763
Only in Japan could people be so deluded and brainwashed by patriotism that >>167214 could be considered history.

>> No.167802

>>167780
they still refused after the 1st bomb.

>> No.167807

We should bomb them again, but with candy this time. In fact, all of World War II should be refought with candy.

>> No.167810

Because Japan liberated it from colonialization from Europe and America, gratitude is
expressed to countries of Asia.

>> No.167814

>>167810
cue shitstorm

>> No.167815

>>167593
FDR was fully aware when he declared a full embargo it would force Japan's hand into declaring war, because they'd need oil from the Philippines, which were US held.
Whether he knew specifically about the Pearl Harbor Raid in advance delves into conspiracy theory bullshit. though I will totally allow "if it wasn't known in advance, someone fucked up seriously."

And honestly, when you're being evil and Raping Nanjing and all that, the US absolutely has the right, and depending on what political and moral philosophers you read, the duty to declare "we won't sell you oil to fuel your fucking war machines, jackasses."

Basically, nothing ever happens in a vacuum. Surprise attacks are only surprises in the specific hour or day and place, never that they're going to be coming.

>> No.167820

>>167815

Evil? Japan? No no, that's just propaganda! You ee, the horrible dog-faced foreign women were SEDUCING our honorable nipponese soldiers who were so far away from home. It's really all their own fault.

>> No.167821

>>167802

Haha, no they didn't - they didn't have time to.

>> No.167823

>>167821
No kidding they were too busy liberating Asia.

>> No.167824

>>167815
>the US absolutely has the right [...] to declare "we won't sell you oil to fuel your fucking war machines, jackasses."
Hear hear

Although I'm pretty sure FDR thought the Japanese attack would happen far away, not in Pearl Harbor.

>> No.167825
File: 49 KB, 391x322, 1202823633734.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>167820

>> No.167832

I read it in a history book Japan was the victim in WW2. The Allies were pure evil.

>> No.167834

>>167632

Yeah, I love how Hispanics are all bundled as Mexicans and thought as lower because we had everything taken away by Spain and others. Meanwhile they still get to feel superior after all these years when they came over to Central and South America and massacred thousands with guns, cannons and the like against people that only had knives, arrows and poles. I hope you feel better about yourselves you fucking Spanards, I hope that mighty bible you hide all your killings behind will help you when you reach the pearly gates you sick fucks... and I hope Italy feels nice and warm hiding all the gold stolen from the civilizations as the Romans killed non-stop for the church and still to this day try to hide all the raping of children and inability to help the Jews when they needed them most. America drops 2 bombs and we are forever evil... well Fuck you Europe, you are a bunch of sick depraved pasts that gets a pass now without ever having to say you are sorry for all the crimes you committed.

>> No.167835

>>167832
Hell yeah especially that dude in the wheelchair.

>> No.167843

>>167834
the /n/azis are invading /jp/ now? thought they had all fucked off

>> No.167847

The United States discriminates the black and is . until 1955.
There is no justice in the United States.

Even if the racial discrimination of Europe and America was lost, Japan fought.

>> No.167852

>>167843
ISM has been here and is spreading the word to cancer up /jp/ it seems. /jp/ needs a couple of janitors to sweep this shit out.

>> No.167861
File: 44 KB, 319x500, 1203795258799.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what going on in here?

>> No.167863

>>167847
Protip Europe is as racist as a place as it comes. Ask non any non "white" in France or Germany about it, they will tell you all kinds of shit. America is honest about it's racist past, Europe is full of shit about it's racist past and present.

>> No.167865
File: 115 KB, 704x396, 1196500016972xa2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>167861

>> No.167869

>>167863
reverse it, ask someone if he is a racist in france and he'll probably say yes.
americans frown when they hear the word nigger.
tested.

>> No.167870

The blacks were pleased at the victory of Russo-Japanese War.
It is because it is made to believe that colored races cannot defeat it to the
white.

Japan consequentially liberated countries of Asia from the white's colonialization
with World War II.

>> No.167886

>>167815

Not that I don't like FDR, but:
Nanking december 1937
Pearl Harbour and the declaration of war december 1941

Between that dates, oil was freely going from the two sides of the Pacific, no?

>"if it wasn't known in advance, someone fucked up seriously."

Yup. And still, Yamamoto was not very lucky -carriers and fuel storages were more or less saved.

>> No.167897

>>167847

When did other countries stop doing the same thing? I'm actually curious - I don't know.

>> No.167906

The United States is isolated in the war against Iraq.
The United States is not being trusted by countries of the world.

>> No.167908

I don't know why people think it's any different, a single faulty textbook made by a private publisher used in less than a dozen private cram schools is not the same as the national curriculum texts

It's about the same as anywhere else, but worded nicely
Nanking, Unit 731, is all in there

>> No.167909

>>167861
Flowers are overblooming.

>> No.167910

>>167906
Did not Korea back them

>> No.167913

Protip: Doesn't matter what they're taught, nobody except some right wing nuts gives a fuck about history in Japan. And neither does the average American, European, Asian, or African. History is the most boring subject for most people, which is why humanity keeps repeating the same shit over and over.

>> No.167925
File: 95 KB, 800x560, american-world-800x560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>167913
I think geography is the most boring subject

>> No.167988
File: 109 KB, 600x496, ff123aad883473377465744d1c3d9ced.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.167989

Didnt the elevens want to surrender but the allies stubbornly insisted on unconditional surrender which stalemated it till the nuke?

>> No.167992

>>167988
Shit I would totally do America.

>> No.167995

>>167988

I'd introduce all of them to my diplomatic ambassador

>> No.168001

>>167989
When you rape Asia and backstab America, you don't get a conditional surrender.

>> No.168007

>>167989

Read through the actual demands the Allies gave. It's not exactly really horrible stuff. I mean, it's "Stop making war on others, don't be douchebags, you can't have an army anymore because we've seen what you do with it, people in your country have to be free, you DOUCHEBAGS, oh, and you don't have to be anyone's slave, and we'll even help you out in your industrial and economy sectors. Or, you know, we could wipe you off the map."

And Japan said "WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!"

So America said "Ok. Part of you is now off the map."

And Japan said "WE FIGHT FOR PROUD NIPPON."

And America said "You're running out of map here."

And then Japan say this, did a comical double take, and then finally waved their white flag.

>> No.168010

>>167995
Is that what you call your phallus?

>> No.168021

>>167992
You DOUBLE PATRIOT

>> No.168022

>>167988
I saw a version of this with South Korea stuck between two of the girls, asking for some space or something. Does anyone have it?

>> No.168026

>>167554
Former Prime Minister Abe (an asshole) is the grandson of Kishi.

>> No.168028

>>168026
Kishimoto is 30-something.

>> No.168042

>>168026

Was he the one that was going "HEY GUYS REMEMBER WHEN WE RAPED AND BURNED AND PILLAGED YOUR COUNTRY AND TRIED TO ERADICATE YOUR VERY EXISTANCE? GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES."

And then when the entire world went "What the fuck, what...what the shit man, the fuck's wrong with you?!" he went "HAH HAH, MY BAD. SERIOUSLY THOUGH, FUN TIMES."

>> No.168131

Germany has the best historical knowledge.

And as a german I can say that:

germany was a bitch for killing Jews
japan was a bitch for killin civilians
america was a bitch for wanting to test the bomb.

WWII was filled with faggoty.

It's no use to arguing, if Perl Harbour was an act or not. Or if the bomb was for sole purpose to win the war.

The problem is, that Japan is pretty much covering alot of events, but almost every country is doing the same - more or less. (US, UK, Russia)

For your own good:

1. learn german language
2. buy history related german books
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

>> No.168137

>>168131
I don't want to learn German.

>> No.168151

>>168137

hungarian history books, while not quite up to german standards, are rather honest as well.

>> No.168153

>>168151
Well thats acceptable.

>> No.168190

>>168151

Hungarians are Turks.

>> No.168294
File: 66 KB, 620x332, funky-forest.1204498900550.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Japan at the time was lead by a series of government factions, all claiming to act in the interests of the emperor. The military was one such. Near the end, the military dominated the other factions and did what it liked. Many actions during that time were the responsibility of a series of generals. After the war, this government structure was taken apart and reassembled in a way that served American interests, which included not having to pay to much to occupy Japan (hence plans for speedy reconstruction). Today's Japanese government evolved from this early form, but is composed of all new people, many of whom were not born at the time.

Blaming Japan now for actions of Japan then is as idiotic as holding me personally responsible for the slaves my grandfather sold. But idiots inside and outside Japan will persist in doing so, so such lies and half-truths are maintained to make them feel better. This sort of thing happens all the time. It is why accurate pictures of history take several decades of study to become clear to any living person.

Humanity collectively edits it's own memory to remain in a fantasy world where it's member's preconceptions let them function.

>> No.168316

>>167554
>Japan feels little guilt because the Allies, quite honestly, gave Japan a free pass.
How could they be expected to make up for it, ever?

>> No.168340

>>168294
We have to forget because history is irrelevant to living our lives.

>> No.168930

>>168131
>>168151

ITT Eurofags act superior to the rest of humanity.

>> No.168937

>>168151
fucking magyar trash, go suck an austrian dick

>> No.168948

>>167815
>>oil from the Philippines

kill yourself now.

>> No.168975

>>168937
seconded, I'm sick of you Hungarians, Romanians and Finns going all "hay we allied with the Nazis only for convenience sake's we aren't evil at all like those nasty nasty Germans who killed gypsies and jews we're good guys too lol"

what a crock of shit. Eurofags pointing fingers and covering their asses pretending to be such high and mighty moral paragons for the world.

>> No.168986

>>168975
Actually, the other Axis members weren't all that hot on the killing Jews bit. Sucks to be them for backing the wrong horse, though.

>> No.168994

>>168937

Twice. lulz

>> No.169005

>>hay we allied with the Nazis only for convenience sake's we aren't evil at all like those nasty nasty Germans who killed gypsies and jews we're good guys too lol

this is kind of true, though

>> No.169016
File: 10 KB, 125x125, 1204948444294.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169020
File: 9 KB, 125x125, 1204938334937.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169022
File: 12 KB, 125x125, 1204953171208.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169023
File: 9 KB, 125x125, 1204983067219.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169126

threads like these always seperate the f*ckers from the ones being f*cked and the ones who don't know f*ck who think they know f*ck.

>> No.169134
File: 9 KB, 125x125, 1204929164618.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169138
File: 8 KB, 125x125, 1204941932427.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169157
File: 9 KB, 125x125, 1204970705011.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169169
File: 9 KB, 125x125, 1204959381060.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169200
File: 9 KB, 125x125, 1204945382819.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169208
File: 8 KB, 125x125, 1204937104331.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169225
File: 9 KB, 125x125, 1204940615385.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169226
File: 10 KB, 125x125, 1204927081274.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169251
File: 9 KB, 125x125, 1204935619009.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169257
File: 10 KB, 125x125, 1204932186423.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169262
File: 9 KB, 125x125, 1204972498102.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.169277

>>169126
lol.. nyoro~n

>> No.169551

>>167713
You probably also believe that FDR intentionally provoked Japan into a war too amirite?

But of course, Japan Can Do No Wrong.

>> No.169829

Note that the quote in the pic is from the Yasukuni Shrine (google it). It's basically like going to an Idaho Skinhead White Power Museum to learn about how awesome Germany was in WW2.

NORMAL Japanese people look upon that era as a source of utter shame, a time when the whole country went batshit insane and no one had the power to stop it.

In normal Japanese JHS/HS textbooks, licensed by the government, they actually do talk about the war, the Rape of Nanking (and yeah, these days they call it "Rape/Genocide" (大虐殺), not "The Incident" like back in the 80s), etc.

Only the Japanese right wing believes that BS in the original post. Minority-party Politicians, Yakuza, and other Scum. Unfortunately, they have a voice, and need a good spanking with a katana made of poison. But most J-people treat those people as a combination of laughingstocks and a crazy pedophile uncle that no one wants to acknowledge.

>> No.171702

>>169829

The bigger issue is, they don't just have a voice, they have a very POWERFUL voice, and they have a lot of politicians in their pockets. Japan's government is almost HILARIOUSLY corrupt, and that's something I've never seen any argue against, even Invisible Sky Magician. There's a large dissociation in the Japanese people, and a level of apathy for their own government that makes America's less then 50% voting population look like the most patriotic people in existance. If Japan wants to lose their image of being stiff necked and proud of the war, they need to *actually lose it*, not just wait for it to go away and quietly hope the people in charge will stop being in charge.

>> No.171741

wow, "resource-poor" japan, I am pretty sure a resource poor nation wouldn't waste more resources by taking over half of asia.

>> No.171758

>>171702
>I've never seen any argue against, even Invisible Sky Magician.
wow

>> No.171796

>>167463
>but at least we don't censor out all the mean shit we did to the native americans.
that's mainly due to the large balance of libfags and the such that would bitch about covered up information.

>> No.171845

>Only the Japanese right wing believes that BS in the original post. Minority-party Politicians

last time I checked the LDP was the leading party of Japan

>> No.171849

it's taught like everywhere else, so and so forced us in the war

>> No.171946

If I were president I would've nuked them again. Maybe that's why I'll never get elected.

>> No.171983

Well I understand where they're coming from with the 'resource-poor' japan bit, it would have a valid point if it was explained fully though. 55% or something of their resources were provided by America (who was also selling resources to China at the same time), America was able to do this because neither side had declared war officially, and if they did america wouldn't be able to legally provide both sides with resources.

Then shit hits the fan and America decides that it shouldn't support this any longer, cuts support to Japan, which effectively forced Japan to either stop war (which would've been a smart move) or drive onwards in a war of aggression to claim more land and resources to fuel the war machine.

Still, what a bunch of fucktards.

>> No.172108

>>169829
umm.... LDP is leading in japan right now. they are hardly minority.

just so you know.

>> No.174290
File: 41 KB, 336x475, HELLO&#44; NAGASAKI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.174320

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-8sZ0iPw4

>> No.174331

>>171946
no you wouldn't have, the only two nukes america had were the two that were used.

>> No.174370
File: 150 KB, 1080x766, dresden.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Because the Japs never had to fight on their home turf, they never had their Axis mentally burnt out of them. Most of them did not have to suffer as the other Axis nations did, and so failed to learn the horrors of war.

Japan has the same problem as America: they havent experienced what modern warfare can do to your homeland. Americans and Japs have not seen the unholy brutality of war. Nuking Japan was the wrong thing to do, because like Germanys surrender after WW1, it did not remove the violent mentality of the people. Only a hellish war can do that.

>> No.174394

>>174370
We dropped more convention bombs on Japan than the two nuclear ones, no matter how you measure it. Tonnage, yield, death count. They took a pretty good beating.

>> No.174397

>>174370

Wasn't Japan continually bombed throughout periods of the war

>> No.174403

>>174370

America invented modern war during the civil war. First field test of gatling guns, gas shells, gernades, and large mortars. And this is back when they still lined up to be shot.

>> No.174427

>>174403

Also trench warfare; see the Battle of Petersburg.

>> No.174435

Hey guys.

Thinking of a country collectively is stupid and ruins some of the good arguments we have in this thread. Quit it.

>> No.174441

>>167214
For a second I read it as "How is World of Warcraft taught in the Japanese school curriculum?"

>> No.174490

Every country teaches history in their(or their allies) favor despite the country. America does it too. American history books have no problem throwing out the 6 million Jews Hitler killed, but rarely if ever mention Stalin killing 40 million of his own country men. Why is that, well at the time Russia was our ally. Or what about the millions and millions of Indians us Americans killed when colonizing the country claiming it to be God's decision of Manifest Destiny, and not our fault. Why is it that we only cover the trail of tears and Custer's Last Stand in a day or two, and not the whole picture.

Every country will teach History how they best see fit, regardless of the real facts. I can't blame Japan for doing something everyone else does.

>> No.174496

>>174370
There were tornadoes of fire during the Tokyo bombings. Tornadoes of motherfucking fire.

If that doesn't burn the Axis out of you, I don't know what would.

>> No.174510

>>174490
BUT THE TRAIL OF TEARS IS VERY IMPORTANT AS IS EVIDENT BY THE FACT THAT IT'S COVERED EVERY YEAR UNTIL YOU FINALLY GET IN A CLASS THAT COVERS RECONSTRUCTION ONWARDS

>> No.174549

>>174490
Exactly.

You see how the Americans in this thread can accept the wrong-doings of their country regardless of what is being taught in textbooks? What makes you think that there aren't Japanese people like that? (not specifically the guy I quoted ). I mean, fuck, that type of shit is something that all countries do, but it's not North Korea over there.

And even if " Americans are told to feel bad for what we did to the Indians, etc..." there are always people who will step up and have an opposing opinion. You know, because we are people before Americans, and not all people are the same.

"Japs are told to not feel bad for WWII". Replace that with " Yanks" and picture a Japanese person saying it. Now as you think of punching the guy in the face, think of punching yourself in the face. Same ignorance.

>> No.174599

>>174549

We don't deny our genocides.
And while it's been awhile, I remember having CIVIL RIGHTS ARE RIGHT, WE KILLED THE POOR INJUNS, WE INVADED MEXICO FOR THE FUN OF IT drilled into me as a kid.

Naturally, being that this is 4chan, I'm going to laugh at all the indians, japanese interment victims, poor mexicans, and the dead black civil rights movement leaders.

>> No.174744

>>174549
The pomposity and self delusion of Europeans never ceases to amaze me. Protip, the US is nothing like you imagine it. Your shit hole European countries can't begin to compare I have been to Europe and it sucks goat balls and most of it's "thinkers" and "intellects" self absorbed frauds.

Troll harder.

>> No.174754

>>174549
The pomposity and self delusion of Europeans never ceases to amaze me. Protip, the US is nothing like you imagine it. Your shit hole European countries can't begin to compare. I have been to Europe and it sucks goat balls. Most of Europe's "thinkers" and "intellects" self absorbed frauds. Don't believe what you see in the media or in movies it's fantasy.

Troll harder.

>> No.174773

ALL PEOPLE ARE SHIT.

Finish.

>> No.175126
File: 4.00 MB, 1090x919, 1202933878013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>174754
Thinks all of Europe is exactly the same.

>> No.175145

>>174754
>Most of Europe's "thinkers" and "intellects" self absorbed frauds

HOW DO I ABSORB FRAUDS?

>> No.175148

>>175126
EU = all the same

>> No.175152

>>167537
Standard bombs would've been enough. Truman wanted to use nukes to stroke his e-peen in front of Stalin and save time ending the war.

Stalin was not amused.

>> No.175164

>>174549
Agreed. If I remember correctly, there was this manga author who got into deep shit for making a story sympathizing with Nanjing victims.

>> No.175167

>>175145
i loled

>> No.175191
File: 9 KB, 301x480, 1205055620273.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kamikaze Attacks

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=gIZRFt8YBpM

>> No.175206
File: 60 KB, 592x444, 1205055909780.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ohka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohka

The Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka [Hebon-shiki transcription Ōka] (櫻花 "cherry blossom") was a purpose-built, rocket powered kamikaze aircraft employed by Japan towards the end of World War II. The United States gave the aircraft the name Baka (Japanese for "idiot").

>> No.175229
File: 78 KB, 650x433, 1205056238440.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kaiten (Kamikaze torpedo)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiten

The Kaiten (Japanese: 回天, translated "Change the World" or "Reverse Destiny") was a torpedo modified as a suicide weapon, and used by the Imperial Japanese Navy in the final stages of the Second World War.

>> No.175276
File: 46 KB, 425x594, 1205057186386.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kamikaze Attacks was due to not compulsion but the volunteer.

>> No.175290

Japanese murdered many Koreans. I am Korean and I cannot forgive Japanese.

>> No.175317

>> Anonymous murdered many Anonymous. I am anonymous and I cannot forgive Anonymous.

>> No.175318
File: 115 KB, 734x567, 1205057909405.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Americans murdered many British. I am British and I cannot forgive Americans.

>> No.175336
File: 10 KB, 236x300, 1205058243891.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Terrorists murdered many CTU. I am CTU and I cannot forgive Terrorists.

>> No.175344
File: 88 KB, 315x421, 1205058412114.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Japan fought for Korea.
It is the Sino-Japanese War.
The United States also fought for Korea.
It is Korean War.

South Korea is an anti-American and anti-Japan.
South Korea is ungrateful.

ANTI-AMERICAN IMAGES IN SOUTH KOREA
http://www.dprkstudies.org/documents/anti-us003.html

>> No.175347
File: 43 KB, 283x328, 1205058456599.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lions murdered many Zebras. I am Zebra and I cannot forgive Lions.

>> No.175348

>>175347
Dude that zebra is kicking ass.

>> No.175352
File: 20 KB, 600x497, 1205058581663.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bob Marley murdered many Sheriff. I am Sheriff and I cannot forgive Bob Marley.

>> No.175356

>>175344

Why are you still here? Is this going to become an everyday event? You were doing it for SIX FUCKING HOURS the other night.

LONG LIVE KOREA.

The Japanese is disliked in Korea.

>> No.175367
File: 15 KB, 211x266, 1205058854043.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Maximus Decimus Meridius murdered many Praetorians. I am Praetorian and I cannot forgive Maximus Deciumus Meridius.

>> No.175368
File: 15 KB, 211x266, 1205058889804.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Maximus Decimus Meridius murdered many Praetorians. I am Praetorian and I cannot forgive Maximus Decimus Meridius.

>> No.175372
File: 17 KB, 231x256, 1205058970134.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>175356
KFC=Korea Fucking Country

>> No.175375

>>175368
Good luck fighting a fictional character.

>> No.175379

Stop trolling the Japanese guy, he is only responding because he thinks you trolls are genuine Koreans.

>> No.175409

>>175344
You're wrong, Koreans love Americans, a bit too much if you ask me.

And the reason we are anti-Japan, is because they used to come over and rape and pillage us, forced us to use Japanese names and speak Japanese, basically tried to remove the Korean culture from existance. Few years ago they also tried to turn a random piece of rock into a fake island, and created fake documents for proof that they owned that "island". They did this so they can have some rich fishing grounds which are vital to a village in Korea. Bet you didn't learn that in your history class.

>> No.175429

>>175344
>Japan fought for Korea
Um they fought for Korea, as in, they fought OVER Korea against China.
Why the hell would we be grateful some asshole countries fought over us?
Weeaboo....-_-

>> No.175467

>>175344

I love how the American flags foreigners use in their protests always have, at most, 20 stars.

>> No.175472
File: 100 KB, 460x265, 1205060636914.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>175409
Japan modernized South Korea.
The rape doesn't do South Korea.

The South Korean is a prostitute.
South Korea is still exporting the prostitute to the United States.

The traditional culture of South Korea is a lie, arson, a rape, and
prostitution.

South Korea is the lowest country.
Korean=prostitute

>> No.175490

Prostitution in South Korea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_South_Korea

Prostitution in South Korea is a $20 billion-a-year industry.The Korean Institute of Criminology estimated that prostitution comprises 4.1% of South Korea's GDP, just behind Agriculture at 4.4%.

In December 2006, The Ministry for Gender Equality, in an attempt to address the issue of demand for prostitutes among, offered cash to companies whose male employees pledged not to pay for sex after office parties. The people responsible for this policy claimed that they want to put an end to a culture in which men get drunk at parties and go on to buy sex.

>> No.175509

>>167834

Oh how different things would be if to the south of the United States western border was Spain and Mexico was located in Europe.

Just about every American would be practically begging for a North American Union/open borders at the very least.. I mean the ability to go into a country as beautiful and rich in culture as Spain as you please without having to deal with the hassles of Passports and all? Plus having the 9th largest economy in the world as opposed to the 12th largest (Mexico)? Only the most extreme of racists wouldn't want a country like Spain to the south of the US.

Meanwhile, the European Union would be doing it's damned best to keep Mexico out of the EU and there'd be all sorts of talks about building border walls and whatnot..

>> No.175524

>>175472
Yeah, like other countries don't have a prostitution problem.....

This does not make up for your fail in your previous post.

>> No.175549

>>175472

Why can't you have a dialogue with 'The South Korean' instead of insulting them all the time? Do you realise how ridiculous it looks to label an entire 50 million people as exactly the same? It goes beyond stupidity, it trascends it.

>> No.175563

>>175549
Thank you sir.

>> No.175565
File: 399 KB, 1152x1369, 1205062481288.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't care about South Korea, I want all US Troops withdrawn with all there equipment ought to save a billion a year at least.

If Europe, muslims and, Koreans wants the US out of every where I am ready to oblige.

>> No.175577
File: 399 KB, 1152x1369, 1205062645084.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't care about South Korea, I want all US Troops withdrawn with all their equipment ought to save a billion a year at least.

If Europe, muslims and, Koreans wants the US out of every where I am ready to oblige. Why are we going into hock to protect them? Who from?

>> No.175585

asians haet whitey.

>> No.175593

>>175585
Let them, I don't give a fuck.

>> No.175600

German laws prevent the denial of our history. The same laws that always come up as: "no free spech in naziland lol."

>> No.175605

>>175577
I agree. All US troops should be pulled out of south korea.

They can get their country blown to shit by north korea for all I care. Or they can reunite, and then South Korea's economy will crash. Then we will stop seeing shitass Hyundai, Samsung and LG shit here in America.

>> No.175610

>>175577
Koreans wanting the US troops out, was a few years back. Welcome to 2008, read moar.

If a group of Koreans want US out, and we comply.
Should the US lynch blacks because a group (the neo-nazis) want them lynched?
Stop generalizing a country over a way a group of people act, it makes you look like a sheep.
I hope the herd of sheep you live with walk off a cliff, so you can follow them to death. Narrow minded fool

>> No.175618

>>175610
FYI, america hate was endorsed by schools and the government of south korea.

Also, the attitude in SK hasn't changed much from 2002.

You're not fooling anyone.

>> No.175637

>>175618

I don't know what you've been reading, but S. Koreans, especially the older generation, have a hell of a lot of respect for the countries that fought as part of the UN force during the Korean War. Especially the US. I was watching a documentary about it on Greek TV and a Greek airman was over there, when he told an old Korean man where he was from the Korean man saluted him on the spot and said 'you fought for us'.

>> No.175650

>>175637
protip: tv is not real

>> No.175651

>>175637
>especially the older generation

Exactly. but they are almost all dead now.

The vast majority of koreans under 50 years old hate america. I'm not saying that hating america is odd, heck, everyone is doing it nowadays. Just be ready for the consequences is all I am saying.

>> No.175664

>>175650

It's a documentary.

And I just looked, it's even on youtube, you can see for yourself if you really want to, it has english subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9qfKU_PN5w

>> No.175667

When I say pull the troops out I mean ever where that isn't US soil Korea, Japan, Europe, The UK, everywhere. Stop going into debt to protect other countries. They all hate us anyway.

>> No.175676

>>175637
That's because they were from greece. No one hates greece, except turkey.

If an korean war american vet went over to korea and said the same thing, he probably would have gotten the middle finger.

>> No.175685

>>175667
if this happens, the world will go to shit again, and the US will have to come to the rescue of fascism and communism again.

>> No.175702

>>175685
Why do we have to go down for other countries who hate us? Europe hates us, Korea hates us, Japan hates us. We are in debt up to our asses as it is, All we need is plenty of ICBMs and nukes, fuck it they can be on there own. Fuck bringing "democracy" to the world we are a republic anyway.

>> No.175706

>>175618
Perhaps if you stopped reading Wikipedia or w/e you get your information from.
I am Korean, my family is from Korea, I have family still living in Korea. We all have great respect for America, My grandma told me a story about the first time American troops came into her town and helped fight back the fucking North Koreans and pushed them back as far as they did. If it wasn't for America there would be no South Korea, we would all be communist loving fucks that get ruled by some fat guy in a brown pajama. All of my cousins are under 50 years of age, everywhere from 18 to 35, and none of them hate America, in fact they want to come over and visit the country that saved our asses.

Just reading you spewing things from blogs and probably random articles of 2002, and smearing Korean culture makes me realise that not everyone get the full picture of other countries. I'm not suprised because Korean culture is not something we stand by and watch in America.

>> No.175717

>>175685
Why do we have to go down for other countries who hate us? Europe hates us, Korea hates us, Japan hates us. We are in debt up to our asses as it is. All we need is plenty of ICBMs and nukes, fuck it they can be on their own. Fuck bringing "democracy" to the world we are a republic anyway.

>> No.175737

>>175717
>>VOTE RON PAUL

>> No.175745

I say this should be done.

The next american president should suggest to South Korea to have a vote. The vote should be on weather to keep US troops in the country or not.

If they vote Americans troops out, then it is their decision and in their own hands. If the north invades the south, it's their fault. If the north and south reunify peacefully, and the south's economy collapses, it's their fault.

>>175706
Do you think the people of south korea would vote american troops out?

>> No.175773

>>175745
Perfect Idea.

also, if they vote to keep american troops in the country, then maybe all of the anti-american protests outside american bases in korea would stop, since it wouldn't make much sense to keep shouting "korea wants you OUT!" anymore, would it?

>> No.175783

>>175745
South Korean here.
I highly doubt there will be enough "gtfo" votes to kick the US out.
The people that even protest against the US are dumbasses anyways. Only time I even remember the US military doing something that harmed us was when some US soldier went off base and did something silly. But that was just one soldier. Media blew up all up and people overreacted.

>> No.175790

>>175783
Let me rephrase that, the US military didn't even harm us IIRC. Probably did something that offended someone, probably wasn't anything important if I don't remember it well.

>> No.175801

"What kind of person is Kim Jong Il?" - South Korean teacher

"A good person" - South Korean student

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzl7RmuO0Fs

>> No.175806

>>175790
in 2002, an american tank ran over two schoolgirls by accident because they were walking without watching, and the tankers didn't see them.

it resulted in a gigantic anti-american shitstorm with beatings of american people all around the country, and school organised anti-usa rallies, with pics of such rallies already posted in this thread.

>> No.175820

Koreans don't want us and Japanese don't want us, China would be happy if we were not in the neighborhood. I say it's a winner for us and them if we GTFO.

>> No.175826

>>175820
besides, we have a gigantic base at guam we can retreat to. It's not much further from china than okinawa or SK is.

>> No.175835

>>175801
ROFL blind fools.
>>175806
Wow...the Dokdo thing made me lol.
Looks like that's how Korea is reacting to when Japan poured concrete on a useless rock sticking out off Korea's coast. Then proceeding to place grass and bushes. And having a document made and aged, trying to claim that it's a real island that belonged to them. So that the fishing grounds in a certain radius around that "island" , belonged to them. Failed though.

Also that student = troll.
I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough, I could find a kid that would say Himmler was a good person.

>> No.175838

>>175820
I think the main problem here is that the bases in Japan and South Korea provide cover for Taiwan as well, and Taiwan is one of the few countries that does want US military influence.

Especially since China has threatened to invade Taiwan multiple times.

>> No.175851

>>175820
Why do you believe the Koreans don't want Americans? Of course when foreign military is in another country, there will be some people that will disagree with that. Don't be so sad that a few people don't like you, cheer up.

>> No.175856

>>175835
FYI, that textbook in the video that has "anti-american education" in it is the standard issue textbook to many South Korean schools.

>> No.175853

>>175838
Taiwan is part of China, let the Chinese sort it out.

>> No.175866

this thread tl;dr

>> No.175869

>>175851
As far as I can tell going by the BBC and other news sources no one much cares for the USA. Everyone is trying to bury us right now. I am all for GTFO, for paying off our debts and worrying about our own fucked up messes here in this country.

>> No.175876

>>175851
>Why do you believe the Koreans don't want Americans?

This is why:

- An american tank runs over two schoolgirls by ACCIDENT, and all of SK goes on a gigantic anti-american smashfest, burning american flags, beating american citizens.

- A south korean citizen DELIBERATELY shoots and kills 32 american college students, and nothing happens.

This is why I think South Korea hates the USA.

>> No.175897

>>175876
Holy fuck. Who cares if it was a South fucking Korean that shot kids. One person shoots up students, so his whole country hates America? Way to generalize fucktard.

And as I said, the media blew the whole thing out of proportion, people thought the tank run them over on PURPOSE. Later we found out it was on accident, and felt like fucktards, which you should feel like one yourself.

Wtf is a Korean doing in a forum filled with weeaboos?

>> No.175905

>>175897
Everybody fucking hates amerikkka. Except for some retarded amerikkkans.

>> No.175914

>>175897
So you're saying that if an american citzen went to korea and shot up 32 south korean students, south korea wouldn't go on another anti-usa fuckfest?

KEEP DREAMING

>> No.175916

Get the USA the fuck out of Asia now, that is how I feel. These countries are rich let them defend themselves. We have Trillions in debt to repay.

>> No.175917

>>175869
South Korean here. This is why I was doing the facepalm when the US went to Iraq. We need to fix the debt and focus on our country. Iono what the US is doing in Korea at the moment but they are welcome to stay, I feel more comfortable with you guys around actually.

>> No.175918

>>175876
You're right.

But as far as your military goes, keep your niggers in line where major international bases are concerned.

>> No.175929

>>175905
Get the fuck out faggot if you can't spell the name right don't you European piece of shit

>> No.175935

>>175856
We need to fix that, Japan should do something about it.
Japan fixed their previous text books that lied about the raping and pillaging and forcing Japanese culture on us, and said they came and helped us. Since Japan fixed their books, we should fix ours. But our government tard-heads are stubborn, senile men.

>> No.175944

The US Army can keep North Korea out of South Korea but it can't keep Mexicans out of the USA because Congress says it will cost too much.
Get our troops home and protect our own fucking borders.

>> No.175948

>>175914

Especially since south korea pulled their "Visit Korea" ads from US TV after the shooter's identity was known, and the SK students on the VT campus held emergency meetings, and told everyone to stay indoors since they thought an anti-korean riot would break out.

Why did they do this? Probably because they knew in their minds that if an american did the same thing in south korea, all of korea would want an american head on their dinner table.

>> No.175959

>>175935
the thing is, is that the textbooks that japan "fixed" were not part of normal curriculum across the country, they were only issued to a few select schools that chose to use them.

The textbooks with anti-american and anti-japanese statements in them are in pretty much every classroom in south korea.

>> No.175966

South Korean back again.
This whole thread reminds me of a conversation me and my weeaboo friend (He considers himself Japanese because he lived there for 2 months) had.
We were spitting hatred back and forth, throwing out alot of the same points. Which at one point I jumped up and said "I hate Japan". He of course stared at me wide-eyed and said something like "You evil bastard"
And then I thought about what I said, and I realized that No, I don't hate Japan, I highly doubt everyone in there are mean angry people that want to come over and rape Korea again. I was very sure that everyone that lives there are all normal, some people are mean, some people are nice. Reading >>175876 reminded me of what I said back then...Trying to generalize a whole people, based off of what their government is doing, or what their ancestors did hundreds of years ago. I hope this post makes sense, it is 6 in the morning here.
tl;dr Can't generalize a whole country based on a group or person that exists in that country. Because if this was the instance, everyone here in America would be KKK loving fags, in which we are not.

>> No.175969

>>175959
I'm sincerely sorry that our government is feeding this crap to young students, and I'm embarrased that our government would even show propoganda in the class room.

>> No.175975

>>175969
Forgot to add, that I don't want you to think that all Koreans are hating bastards that want to hang every Japanese and American person they see, due to what our government is teaching students, and how bored senile people overreact to every situation and try to make it to the news.

>> No.175976

>>175969
Apology accepted.

Hopefully the new US president will fix all of the bullshit that bush has gotten our country in, and begin to repair the image of americans worldwide. Admittedly, we are not a very friendly bunch (4chan is an example), but I think we get more shit thrown on us than we deserve.

>> No.175986

>>175969
Apology accepted.

Hopefully the new US president will fix all of the bullshit that bush has gotten our country in, and begin to repair the image of americans worldwide. Admittedly, we are not a very friendly bunch (4chan is an example), but I think we get more shit thrown on us than we deserve.

You don't really need to apologize though, I understand that it's not your fault. I just think it is odd that no one in Korea is doing anything at all about all of the anti-us and anti japan education.

>> No.175990

>>175944
But keeping the Korean border secure is easy, because Northerners trying to get in are shot on sight. By the North Korean army.

God knows the Mootxican army won't shoot the beaners that try to cross the border.

>> No.175991

>>175976
I think America is still doing pretty good for what kind of pressure we are under.
Take a look at Korea for example, nobody cares much for us, so we aren't under much pressure, so we go and do stupid shit and get away with it. And only have a few people (like you), even hear about it.

>> No.176002

>>174754
I'm an American you stupid fuck.

Nothing in that even implied that I was European.

>> No.176004

The South Korean tells a lie for the profit.

The South Korean doesn't learn the history of the world.
The history of South Korea is only a lie.

>> No.176005

>>175990
Did you know that the Mexican Army shoots people trying to cross it's southern border illegally.

>> No.176008

>>176002
You sound just like one, if you are a US Citizen then fuck you anyhow.

>> No.176014

>>176005
Yes. But if we shoot one of theirs coming into ours illegally, the shitquake of the century will occur.

Burecrats and politicians are generally hippocrits and scum. Actually, they're probably all the same, the differences we see between them are most likely delusions.

>> No.176015

>>176004
South Korean here.
Your post is utterly stupid.
The cake is a lie.
I should get some sleep.

>> No.176018

>>176004
Go back to bed China.

>> No.176021

>>176005
which is why I said that the US military should have bombed the shit out of mexico long ago. Hell, they contemplated invading us in WWII. ...but of course, no one listens to me.

What the fuck is up with all of those mexican faggots waving mexican flags (and anti-american signs) at giant rallies in america, especially since they all illegally went to america to get out of the shithole that is mexico?

>> No.176024

Daylight Savings time, did you set your clocks ahead?

>> No.176027

>>176015
lies it should be 09.30 PM in Korea.

>> No.176042

>>176024
Yes I set them ahead. Remember guys. Spring -forward- Fall -back- Anyways that's how I remember which way to set the clock.
>>176018
Made me lol

This thread got me intrested about my ancestry. I rememberd my dad saying our last name came from some super old king that owned a province. Koh is a hard name to look up, but found something on Wikipedia about it. Thanks for pushing me to research haha. Hopefully I can find more info besides from Wikipedia.

>> No.176047

The Illegals in the US number in the tens of millions, the US government and politicians feel obligated to take Mexico and South Americas surplus population and to drive down the standard of living in the US. The coming depression and Democratic hold on the white house will do exactly that.

>> No.176052

South Korean here, probably for the last time.
I barely come venture into /jp/, but kinda glad I did, not 100% why.

Goodnight guys.

>> No.176052,1 [INTERNAL] 

>>168294
>Humanity collectively edits it's own memory
no no, history is rewritten only by the winners

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action