[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 254 KB, 350x197, octopus typing.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15795524 No.15795524 [Reply] [Original]

I really want to get into MMD and make some nice choreographed music videos that people can appreciate, the only thing deterring me is the following:

1) How fluid are the model movements?
2) To what degree do I have control over the movements, i.e am I preloading set made movements other people have made or do I have to control every strand of hair, facial expression, bone, joint movement frame by frame and the physics of them?
3) How easy is it to use
4) Is any sort of expertise needed before using this or can anyone do this?

Thanks..

>> No.15795556

bump

>> No.15795594

Yes you can take others people's work and make it your own.

>> No.15797193

>>15795524
She is a squid. There is a difference.

>> No.15797267

Alright, So I got MMD at a young age, and played around with it for a while. At this time, I didn't even know what a frame was, and had never heard about 3DCG things.
The only expertise you will need is some tutorials, and time.
I can't compare it to other 3D programs for animation, but it's at least very easy.
In other words
1. Model movements are often very fluid and good as long as you know how to use frames. In other words not trying to do many movements in just one frame and whatnot.
2. You can control faces, and bones, hair if you want, but there is gravity settings which don't require you to go that far. There are possibilities to load motion data as well. That's what most do.
3.Very easy, Unless you want to go for a bigger project. Camera is a bit annoying however. (Unless they updated this. Been a while.)
4. Anyone can, No lessons needed like for Maya etc.
I were autistic for MMD

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action