[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 993 KB, 1420x1012, jpizza.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
146752 No.146752 [Reply] [Original]

hi /jp/
living in japan, lots of stuff has surprised me, and i've found explanations to most of them except....
PIZZA.
why on earth are they so fucking expensive?
i love pizza, but i dont eat it because its so expensive.
i eat them at restaurants like saizeriya where they're not that expensive, but arent the best either.

i dunno about the rest of you guys, but in Ausfailia, the average price you pay for a pizza is about $7 for a large.
pizza hut, dominoes, pizza haven, and the small businesses too.
can someone explain why the high price in japan?

pic related

>> No.146755

because pizza isn't japanese
shit that isn't japanese always cost more

>> No.146758

reverse-weeaboo stuff is expensive.

>> No.146769

Now I get it, why all of them are so skinny.

>> No.146772

>>146752
Unlike hamburgers or sandwiches, Japanese ppl don't eat pizza very much. They don't think pizza as main dish. They think it like a party food, like "Let's eat together, serve yourself". and they don't do party so often. So,it doesn' sell well, it goes expensive. But when you do home party, you buy for your guests if it is expensive.

>> No.146774

Ewww, Pizza Hut.
Real pizza around here costs upwards of 20 bucks.

>> No.146776

i can make 2 large pizzas for 4 dollars worth supplies

reverse-weeaboo shit is expensive

>> No.146778

>>146769
Ppl call fat ppl "pizza debu(fat)"or just "pizza" in Japanese slang. So, pizza is notorious as a food for fat in Japan.

>> No.146818

i guess it's not SO expensive... it's a little more than I'd be willing to pay but then, how large is large?
hell, i'd just go out and buy the ingredients and make a pizza...
which i think I'll have to do seeing as my host family are obsessed with european food.

>> No.146842

bleh and with the yen rate as bad as it is now, shits getting crazy expensive

>> No.146944

All the pizza around here is sub-par, and like, 3 times the price of pizza in Canada. It's ridiculous. We have a Taj's and a Pizza 10-4. Taj's isn't baaaad. Pizza 10-4 has fucking cardboard crust.

Greatest pizza I've ever had in Japan, which rivals the best chain-restaurant pizza I've had in Canada (pizza delite, pizza hut, pizza pizza), is from Pizza Aoki. The price is the same, of course, but the quality is doubleplusgood. Only in Tokai though, none on the Japan Sea coast. :(

>> No.147188

>>146752
doing a quick currency conversion, as a brit those prices are pretty average for what i pay, cheaper even.

>> No.147197

yeah but for dollars its pretty bad thats 30 bucks for a large pizza, at the 100 yen to the dollar mark that we hit today

>> No.147200

remember kid the dollars week as hell with out the gold standard

>> No.147207

Maybe because pizza in Japan isn't the usual, cheese and pepperoni/sausage affair like it is in other countries? It's like...mayo and corn and shrimp with nori strips and lots of other things that just don't belong on a pizza. Pizza is a lot more...high class, I guess? Or maybe just higher quality.

>> No.147213

FUCK YEAH NEXT DOOR PIZZA IS 4 BUCKS

>> No.147226

>>147207
No, its fucking nipponese. them faggots just cant understand the idea of a pizza, because theyre the biggot faggots that they are, being japanese and all. Pizza in japan = All the shit you hate in japan on a pizza, get it?

>> No.147247

>>147226
Kill yourself

>> No.147253

>>147226
I wonder why you gaijins are full of apes. Nobody is intelligent as Japanese.

>> No.147271

>>146752
>i dunno about the rest of you guys, but in Ausfailia, the average price you pay for a pizza is about $7 for a large.

A specialty pizza where I live is about $22.

looks like their most expensive is about $29.

Well, the price is because a lot of that stuff is imported. Welcome to living on a tiny island nation with very few natural resources and no chance to expand in the future.

>> No.147276

>>147271
oh, and I live in America. California, specifically.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action