[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 172 KB, 560x802, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14416904 No.14416904 [Reply] [Original]

>you will never be japanese
How does it feel?

>> No.14416943

Really, really good. I'm a reasonably attractive tall white guy, so when I visited Japan, I was treated like a king.

>get to act like an anime MC
>bitches love you
>enjoy their vidya, manga, and food
>get to leave after and not have to live in overpopulated stinkhole of suicide rates and nojobs

>> No.14417057

>>14416943
I can relate!
>visit japanland
>be fairly attractive gaijin
>visit cafe
>girl behind bar says "you sound just like a anime guy! so cool"

But only thing that fucking sucks is that certain people denied my request to go to high school there. When I was some years younger. Farewell school uniform, typical jpn school hallways and all that shit. Back to struggling with shitty western school for 3 years.
My studentlife would probably contain more friends and fun memories if I wasn't stuck in gaijinlands. Now I'm too old

>go to japan a second time
>sees a white gaijin guy with high school uniform at a train station
>frown at him
>jealous.as.fuck.jpg
>get sad rest of the day knowing I would be in the same position if I played my cards right.

I admit. It feels like shit.

>> No.14417127
File: 390 KB, 820x960, 123.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm Japanese at heart, but physically I'm a fat Russian bastard, but still, my soul is with Yamato.

>> No.14417134

I'm actually really glad.

I've been there twice, and I sadly no longer have rose tinted glasses for Nippon. The idea of being a Japanese teen seems cool (besides the enormous pressure for study and success). But then you turn into an adult and work 13 hour days for some zaibatsu, sleep on the train and live in a box. Or work in a store where you have to scream IRASSHAIMASEEEE every few moments.

But, there is Akihabara…

>> No.14417140

Honestly, even as a short, average-looking mustachioed indojin I feel the same as >>14416943. They're more curious than anything really, and are often genuinely happy to see you enjoy their food, liquor, music, etc. As long as you're polite and try to follow the customs while acknowledging you're a foreigner you get accommodated pretty well. Then you can come back home to the west and not have to deal with being a broken Japanese salaryman who hasn't been happy since high school. Honestly even being a NEET is better in the west since people will just assume you're down on your luck and leave you alone to live on your savings or leech off relatives.

>> No.14417143

>>14417134
>Or work in a store where you have to scream IRASSHAIMASEEEE every few moments
I fucking hated that, they are more like robots than humans at convenience stores.

>> No.14417168

>>14417143
Yeah it's amazing to visit and I want to go again, but I wouldn't want to live there. That level of conformity feels lonely.

>> No.14417225

I went to Japan as an ugly kimoi gaijin
People felt sorry for me and helped me a bit but I could tell they wanted as little to do with me as possible
I can even speak a bit of Japanese but they insisted to talk in English with me and it was even harder to understand each other
Now, getting a girlfriend, or even friends? Well...

>> No.14417229

I don't want to be Japanese principally because they are ugly as fuck, but I admit I'd love to live in a country like Japan, it's so small and packed but the public transportation is so good, not to mention all the stores and services you can find, it sure has become a very convenient country.

>> No.14417231

Not that bad.

For some reason I'm very upset I'll never be from Oceania though. (Australia/New Zealand, not the 1984 thing.)

>> No.14417243

>>14417229
See, I feel the opposite. I want to be Japanese, but I can stay the fuck away from Nipland because Libertyland es #1. Also being Asian is really nice in California.

>> No.14417258

I like enough western shit to know that if I was born Japanese I'd be a westaboo. Plus it's a lot easier to work your way out of mediocrity in America. From what I understand it's a lot harder to get your life together once you hit your mid-20s in Japan. I'm planning on moving to Japan (maybe permanently, maybe not) but I'm glad I was born and raised in America.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action