[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 1.85 MB, 3072x2304, Ryokan-hakone-en-4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13492167 No.13492167[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hi /jp/

Sorry for shitting up your lovely board but you are the experts and I need some help.

I'm moving into a small apartment/loft conversion soon, and I do not have room for a normal bed. Initially I planned to just put my mattress on the floor but I've read some bad things about mould, and it's also a big pain to move around. I'm not particularly interested in Japanese culture, but I am pragmatic, so I would like to purchase a tatami mat and futon set for sleeping on the floor.

Unfortunately I'm a stickler for quality so I want to import from Japan - they invented the things so they'll be the best at making them. Budget is a non-issue, I don't mind spending a lot if I know it will be good. I've checked Rakuten but the Engrish is impenetrable.

Pic related and this video are the sort of things I am after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSdeANXfvbA

>> No.13492178

Otaku Culture

retard

>> No.13492187

>>13492178

Yeah, I apologised for making the post straight off the bat, but I don't know who else to ask and I figured this board would be pretty familiar with importing stuff from Japan.

Just a point in the right direction would be great, but I won't bump this thread except to respond to posts because I know it doesn't really belong here.

>> No.13492543

>>13492187
ask in the japanese thread on /int/ next time friendo

>> No.13492666

You could just lay out a sleeping bag with a sheet on top. It's like a full sized bed that you can fold up or throw in the wash. You could even add a layer of foam if you want something softer.

>> No.13492712

sleeping on the floor is cold and dirty

>> No.13492762

>>13492712
it's very cosy and nice please understand

>> No.13492784

I'm pretty sure there are companies in your country that sell high quality futon aswell. But if you want to buy from japan you likely need a proxy service like fromjapan, since japanese websites rarely ship worldwide. You probably can find some good recommendations online in some forum or maybe someone here has a recommendation.

>> No.13492821

>>13492543
>>13492784
yeah, you're better off asking the other boards
most of these guys still live with their parents

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action