[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 133 KB, 800x533, Tomo_scottrell_26.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12842980 No.12842980[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

posted in /cgl/, probably fits better here. the good, the bad, the ugly. what's your experience with mainly western maid cafes?

>> No.12843002

more like the ugly, the ugly, and the ugly

>> No.12843022

None. And I hope to keep it that way.

>> No.12843043
File: 42 KB, 500x333, cute1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is it so hard for westerners to be cute..
Unless your cosplaying Iori there is no need to show all that forehead. Cut some purity bangs.

>> No.12843083

>>12843043

Laziness.

They can't just let their hair grow for months if it is variable length.

At least, that is what I presume.

>> No.12843133

I imagine that they are staffed by the absolute worst girls with the worst talents.
I keep it pure and have only gone to cafes in AKIHABARA (daisuki <3) and they are fun
A lot of friendly (tomodachi :3) people go there too and tend to enjoy socializing

>> No.12843181
File: 223 KB, 800x533, Much better.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12842980

Fixed your pic.

>> No.12843213

>>12843002
+1

>> No.12843228

>>12842980
They're unsuccessful because they're a dumb niche concept. Every one just fails and I don't know why anyone would think they're even viable in Japan outside of otaku trap areas or sex service areas.

I also don't know why they think anyone western would want normal/fancy looking maids over slutty ones either.

>> No.12843235

>>12842980
There are a million reasons, but at the core it's just not main steam enough outside of Asia.
The cafe have a larger pool of more attractive girls to hire from. Where say in the US, the attractive women rather work at a regular restaurant and make way more money.

>> No.12843255

>>12843228
Oh yeah and I also don't understand why they think anyone ever would want to see a bunch of ugly fujos as their waitresses. If it's USAmerican "can't hurt no one's feelings" at work or if it's just because it was an idea made by a bunch of people at some anime club who wanted to pretend to be maids in an anime, I don't know. But I do know I wouldn't pay a single cent to have any of the Western ones I've seen serve me, unless they were being literal house cleaners.

>> No.12843273

>>12843255
That's the problem, most of them don't make money, so the only people willing to work at these places are not in for the money. Also most Asian ppl either have language barrier or they are born in the US and too Americanized to care for these places.

>> No.12843290

>>12843273
That's bull. There are cute and poor girls who would suck dicks for dollars; they could find someone cute to work at these places instead of using their in-group of anime loving dorks. They need to understand they they would be running the maid cafe, not working in it, like the fat ugly matron of a brothel.

>> No.12843303

>>12843290
If a "cute and poor" girl is desperate, she will likely end up in a hooters or a strip club before even thinking about a maid cafe simply because those are much more common here.
Also the target audience are younger than your common strip club, and that means less money. I do agree a sexy themed maid "cafe" will do a hell lot better than the fancy lolta ones

>> No.12843408

>>12843303
>will likely end up in a hooters or a strip club before even thinking about a maid cafe
How would she know the difference? Is the cafe going to be called "Maid Cafe" and not just known as a eating place with a normal name that's looking for cute girls to serve people?

>Also the target audience are younger than your common strip club
How so? Otaku aren't particularly younger than strip club goers, even if they're making it a family restaurant style thing instead of an otaku establishment.

>>12843303
>I do agree a sexy themed maid "cafe" will do a hell lot better than the fancy lolta ones
I was thinking a Maid bar. Cute girls in French maid outfits or German barmaid outfits bringing people beer. Maybe even a few guys to serve female patrons. Could even have events where females could get deals by coming in dressed as maids and hanging out with the other/attracting more patrons.

The alternative is a maid coffee house (who the hell goes to a cafe anyway? You'd do better with a Maid fast food restaurant) mixed with a hostess club where the maids mostly just kept books and stuff in order and chatted with the patrons if they wanted them to. The maids could wear their long outfits there. They could probably also hire students from a pool younger than would just end up in strip clubs or whatever.

>> No.12843443

>>12843408
Say you are an attractive girl that needs money during summer, you will look for the place that pays the best within your boundaries. What's the first place most people will think of? Strip club. Maid cafe isn't a thing outside of San Fran and the other maybe 2 cities with heavy Asian population.

Yes there are older Otakus out there, but even all my Asian friends grow out of it above the age of 25. Going out and spending money is almost mutually exclusive with the otaku culture, least based on every single people I have known.

>> No.12843458

>>12843443
>Say you are an attractive girl that needs money during summer
How old am I? I mean there are states that get away with 14 year old strippers and stuff because it's technically not illegal, but be realistic.

If you're young enough and blessed enough to only work in the summer, you are probably going to work in some restaurant or some other sort of store appropriate for your age and won't ruin your reputation.

>> No.12843471

>>12843458
I was going with the "slutty maid safe" idea. But yes, normally people with end up in a regular restaurant, that's exactly my point. The only people who will think of applying to a maid cafe when they need work are the people who go to a maid cafe themselves, or into anime and check on these sort of things regularly.

>> No.12843503

>>12843471
>The only people who will think of applying to a maid cafe
What makes them think of Sally's (the (fictional) maid cafe) as something different from Applebee's (the non maid cafe)?

Is this cafe being listed differently? Are you assuming anyone who doesn't visit a maid cafe even has any idea what a maid cafe is or how profitable it is? They wouldn't think beyond the offered pay and potential tips and they wouldn't have an idea nor reason to believe the tips would be different from any other restaurant.

"That restaurant, Sally's, is hiring" is all they should see to begin with.

>> No.12843541

What's the point of western maid cafes when white girls are ugly as HELL?

>> No.12843583

>>12843503
I agree that can work, but that's basically a "breastaurant", aka off brand hooters

>> No.12843612

>>12843471

not necessarily. there's ONE maid cafe in my country and they only managed to stay in business because 1. they sell tons of merchandise and 2. all the waitresses are sluts in maid outfits or cosplay.

The waitresses don't give a shit about otaku culture and pretty much despise otakus because they're always staring at them and taking pictures of their asses.

>> No.12843687

>>12843583
That's all a maid cafe is to begin with.

>> No.12843960

maid cafes will never work in the US because it can never appeal to non-otaku.
if a group of dudes wanted to go somewhere fun to see hot girls, a maid cafe wouldn't risque enough. however, if a group of friends just wanted to go get food somewhere, they aren't going to go to a place where the girls are dressed as maids and refer to their customers as "master".

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action