[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 65 KB, 450x466, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1231870 No.1231870 [Reply] [Original]

>Suika, Kanako, Yukari, Yuyuko
WTF?! they put Yuyuko but not Yuka?!
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

>> No.1231874

Kanako is a youkai?

>> No.1231875

See? Told you that Kanako's power level was maximum.

>> No.1231876

>Yuka
Who's that?

>> No.1231881

>>1231874
No, and neither is Yuyuko. Silly ZUN.

>> No.1231891

>>1231876

New character in the Tsukihime remake, I think.

>> No.1231889

Quit making up Toehoes, Anon.

>> No.1231901

... Um, where's the storngest youkai (well, fairy) in all of gensokyo?

>> No.1231905

>>1231891
No, that's that Sanae girl.

>> No.1231911

>Powerful Youkai
>Yuyuko
>Kanako
wut
Also, Oni counts as Youkai, right ?

>> No.1231919

SMIRKS

>> No.1231921

In Gensokyo, there are 3 races of sentient beings:

Humans
Youkai
Yukkuri

>> No.1231925

>>1231921
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>> No.1231927

>>1231870

This whole doujin is ZUN trolling. If hax moon bitch defeats Reimu or Remilia I'm going to laugh so hard.

>> No.1231933

>>1231925

> You are now taking it easy

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>> No.1231943

>>1231927
>This whole doujin is ZUN trolling.
>whole doujin
>doujin
oh u

>> No.1231948

Kanako youkai? Lol

Fuck SSiB

>> No.1231971

>>1231881
Yuyuko is a youkai. Youkai applies to ghosts, oni, monsters, etc.

Kanako is the only one in that group who is not a youkai because she's a goddess.

>> No.1231994

You guys are blowing it out of proportion. I think the point is that it's a general statement to say that Gensokyo is full of powerful youkai. Since you know, youkai is pretty much the dominant species there. No one is really implying that Kanako is a youkai.

>> No.1232011

>>1231994
>You guys are blowing it out of proportion.
Hi, welcome to /jp/.

>> No.1232191

>>1231994
but Yuyuko is not on par with the others presented in the pic.

>> No.1232205

>>1232191
I know, she is stronger, she can kill at will.

>> No.1232208

>WTF?! they put Yuyuko but not Yuka?!

Yuka's power level fucking sucks compared to those four, and anything that contradicts it is fabricated by fanon.

Get over it.

>>1232191

Probably because Yuyuko can instantly invoke death in mortals.

>> No.1232210

>>1232191

Yuyuko can kill almost everyone just by thinking it.

>> No.1232212

>WTF?! they put Yuyuko but not Yuka?!

Yuka's power level fucking sucks compared to those four, and anything that contradicts it is fabricated by fanon.

Get over it Yukatards.

>>1232191

Probably because Yuyuko can instantly invoke death in mortals. That includes Suika and Yukari.

>> No.1232218

>>1232210
To bad 70% of Gensokyo is immune to that look at Tenshi

>> No.1232223

>>1232191
She's probably in because of the keikaku doori she's been doing in those previous chapters.

>> No.1232225

>>1232218

But Kanako can beat Tenshi.

>> No.1232230

>>1232212
I thought yukari was the personification of an abstract... thing(borders).

>> No.1232236

>>1232212
Yuyuko can't kill off really strong people. It's like how Remilia can't fuck with strong people's fate.

>> No.1232239

>>1232205
Being able to pussy your way out of a fight doesn't make you strong!

>> No.1232242

>>1232230

We don't really know the extent that Yukari's powers can control the border of Life and Death.

However, like 99% of all Youkai, Yukari is mortal.

>> No.1232244

yuka strong in her raw power.
in spell card rule special ability was allowed but not for brutal power, and yuka suck in her danmaku pattern so yuka power was totaly banned here.

>> No.1232245

>>1232225
no
All weather and that sword>>>>>>>>>>rain and logs
don't you start

>> No.1232255

>>1232244
English is not your first language, is it?

>> No.1232257
File: 63 KB, 103x83, 1220254680544.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yukari drinking the Hourai Elixir= !

>> No.1232260

>>1232230

He means that both Suika and Yukari have instant death powers like Yuyuko. Yukari's powers are pretty abstract, but that's more or less the reason they are so horribly overpowered. She can manipulate the border between life and death. Doesn't mean to say it's easy, that border is pretty strong if I remember what she said about it, but it's within her power.

That said, Flandre hasn't been included in this either and she's pretty monstrous herself with her own instant death power. I think they just went for what looks good. Flandre never leaves the Scarlet Mansion, Yuka doesn't do shit these days, the most activity she's seen lately is bullying a bunch of weaker youkai during the flower incident on a whim.

These four are pretty active, though I wouldn't really consider Suika to be a threat. She's happy enough drinking most the time and only seems to fight for tests of strength, not because she feels like a bitch.

>> No.1232269

>>1232245
Gods > people who got their power from gods

>> No.1232283

>>1232260
>not because she feels like a bitch.
unlike a certain main character ehh...

>> No.1232285

Keep in mind that being a god doesn't instantly denote godly powerlevels. Look at the Aki sisters and Hina.

But yeah, count me in the "Kanako as one of Gensokyo's heavyweights" camp, especially now since she's backed by the faith of the Youkai Mountain inhabitants.

>> No.1232288

Kanako is there because she's the mastermind behind SA.

>> No.1232295
File: 326 KB, 500x500, 1220255291010.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1232283

>unlike a certain main character ehh...

Unlike the majority of Gensokyo. Reimu just happens to be the top bitch in a setting full of bitches.

>> No.1232296

>>1232269Gods > people who got their power from gods

She din't get her power from a shinto god she got it from the divine law that the Yamans carry out shinto gods have no say in that.
And ones the promotion is given a yaman can't just take away as not even shinigami can fuck with celestial.

>> No.1232307

>>1232288
She just caused the problem, she wasn't sitting on her throne watching the events unfold on Kappavision while stroking her cat.

>> No.1232314

I still love how the main character is arguably the most evil out of everyone. Attacking everyone she meets, only helping out of annoyance (either the situation bothers her or someone is complaining to her), showing utter disrespect for everyone... She even makes Yukari look moral.

I'm tempted to get involved in this power discussion, but I know that, no matter what I say, there's going to be someone absolutely pissed off by it, claiming that it's not true and presenting dubious claims to support themselves. (Sure, my above comments about Reimu will also probably tick people off, but the games pretty much make it clear that Reimu, despite being the protagonist/hero, is not that great of a person. There isn't really any evidence of her doing anything particularly nice that I can think of, apart from the tea parties she has with the other characters.)

>> No.1232325

>>1232314
I don't see how beating the shit out of demons who pose a threat to Gensokyo is evil.

>> No.1232329

>>1232325
Talk to Sikieiki and then come back. Reimu's so bad that Hell's too good for her, apparently.

>> No.1232330

>>1232314
They are youkai so they have the same rights as animals, Reimu is just protecting the other humans or else the yokai would just eat everyone in the village.

>> No.1232338

>>1232329
Hey, she should have totally just let Yuyuko kill off everything with an eternal winter and revive a demon tree. She had a wicked good reason to do that.

Maybe she should have let Remilia blot out the sun? I mean, that thing is seriously racist against vampires.

>> No.1232340

>>1232330
...This does not deserve a proper response, and will not receive one. I could point out that Gensokyo probably doesn't really have laws for anyone, or that many youkai or far more intelligent than humans, or that Reimu only fights the youkai because she takes it as a job, rather than that she thinks it's right, but... Oh, wait, I did. Guess you get a proper response after all. Hooray for you.

>> No.1232341
File: 144 KB, 386x650, 1220256546934.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1232325
WHAT YOU SAY BITCH?

>> No.1232344

It's easier for Reimu to just beat the shit out of everyone.

>> No.1232350

>>1232344

except that she doesn't

>>1232236
>It's like how Remilia can't fuck with strong people's fate

That's never been mentioned anywhere. However Remilia don't have 100% control over her power anyway

>> No.1232352

>>1232330
>or else the yokai would just eat everyone in the village
No they won't. Gensokyo is built on balance. Majority of the humans that the youkai in Gensokyo eat aren't actually from Gensokyo. They spirit away humans from the real world.

As an example, Remilia doesn't attack Gensokyo in humans. Supposedly she gets supplied by the youkai who do raids.

>> No.1232366

>>1232338
Hey, I'm just going based on what's said in the games. If the judge of the dead doesn't know if something's bad, or if someone is doing something immoral, then something is rather strange. And yes, as has been established by every conversation with her ever, Reimu only does the good things for herself. "Hey, it's not sunny. What the hell. I'm going to find out what's wrong." "I hate the cold. I'm going to attack everyone I see until it's spring." "Damn youkai keep bothering me about some underground problem. I'll go fix it to shut them up." In fact, in Imperishable Night, it was Yukari who dragged her out to fix the moon. Yukari, the character whose role is to cause problems, has to make the heroine fix something that is very obviously bad.

>> No.1232373

>>1232366
>Damn youkai keep bothering me about some underground problem. I'll go fix it to shut them up.

this was pretty darn selfless I mean if Reimu was truly a bitch she would have just kiled alled the youkai bothering her.

>> No.1232377

>>1232366

To be fair, in many of those cases Reimu was right to think it was pointless to do anything. Hell, the main issue with the moon in Imperishable Night could justifiably have been left alone from her point of view... it harmed the youkai, not the humans. Humans got pissed because everyone decided to freeze the night until it was sorted, but really Yukari wanted it fixed because it was a problem for Yukari.

Reimu is lazy, she likes not having to do much... but when she feels she has to, she'll do it and put up with it. Even if she does tend to go for quick fixes.

>> No.1232378

>>1232314
>claiming that it's not true and presenting dubious claims to support themselves

you're already doing it yourself

the fact of the matter is, ZUN's own canon is inconsistent and full of contradictions. yet retarded fanboys will argue to death to defend their favorites

>> No.1232380

>>1232373
...The youkai bothering her were Yukari, Suika, and Aya.

I'm going to go laugh now.

>> No.1232400

Also, despite the fact that I'm trying to say that Reimu is worse than the villains, I'm not saying that I don't like her. Didn't I say that I liked that the "heroine" was a total bitch? Seriously, the only thing I don't like about her is that her fanbase is trying to make her out as a perfect, invincible, sickeningly virtuous character. Why would anyone want that? That's terrible, overdone, and, worst of all, boring.

>> No.1232412

>>1232378
Only in the english community, really.

The japanese fan community is too busy coming up with their own conflicting canon based on in-jokes to take the actual canon very seriously.

They're taking it easier than us.

>> No.1232417

>>1232373

Except Reimu won't give to shits about it if she hadn't been bothered in the first place. "Selfless", my ass.

>> No.1232422

May as well enjoy myself with this.

TH6 - Red mist covers Gensokyo blocking out the sun. Reimu goes out to sort it out and beats up Youkai who try and eat her alone the way.

TH7 - Winter doesn't end when it's meant to, bothers Reimu and the villagers. Reimu goes out, gets attacked alone the way, but also seizes a opportunity to steel from a youkai's house.

TH8 - Moon replaced by a fake, night won't end until Yukari is satisfied problem is fixed. Reimu protects herself at first, has misunderstanding with others.

TH9 - Flowers of all seasons blossoming. Doesn't seem dangerous but Reimu heads out so as to not seem lazy to the villagers. Meets others along the way, protects herself or just outright starts a fight.

TH10 - Reimu threatened by another Shrine Maiden. ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE. Bitch beats up the mountain on her way to beat up those bitches.

TH11 - Youkai bugging her about the 'evil spirits' coming out the ground around her new hot springs. Convinced it's a big enough concern she should do something, gets into alot of misunderstandings.

>> No.1232429

>>1232412
...Dangit, you're diffusing this pointless tension with jokes. I laughed at the "taking it easy" thing, and now I'm imagining a lot of Japanese people hanging out with Yukkiris while we all shout at each other.

...Hm, that's a fun mental image.

>> No.1232436

>>1232429

go back to poolshmer

>> No.1232442

>>1232400
Reimu is the Hancock of video games.

>> No.1232457

There isn't really much to argue about any ways. Everyone knows Reimu is a bit of a bitch, the main difference of opinion comes from how much of a bitch she is and how justified she is in her actions.

Personally I'll always see Reimu as being the top bitch in a setting full of bitches. She sets down the law and it's a lazy law where you can defuse any situation by having a quiet drink with her after a duel.

I don't think anyone ever claimed Reimu to be some 'sickeningly virtuous character' though, the most refreshing part about her is that she isn't very virtuous in the slightest. She's not evil either, she clearly does some good, even if it's just to keep up appearances she's doing her job. Bitch is direct and solves things with what she thinks will be the least amount of effort, sometimes she's wrong and she has to fight more then she would if she beat the people bitching at her... but that's the risk she takes.

>> No.1232472

>>1232457
>solves things with what she thinks will be the least amount of effort
it's like Zun trying to image himself in her.

>> No.1232489

>>1232422
Touhou 1: Reimu goes on a genocidal rampage.
Touhou 2: Reimu seeks revenge for Mima's revenge for Reimu's previous rampage.
Touhou 3: Reimu interferes with academia and scientific progress.
Touhou 4: Reimu kills a youkai who tried to help her.
Touhou 5: Reimu orphans Alice and destroys an entire world for its creator's belief in free enterprise.
Touhou 6: Reimu places a little girl under house arrest.
Touhou 7: Reimu prevents an innocent girl from being revived.
CoLA: Reimu mugs a youkai for reading.
Touhou 7.5: Reimu breaks up parties.
Touhou 8: Reimu strips away Gensokyo's defenses against a Lunar invasion.
Touhou 9: Reimu attacks people for no good reason.
Touhou 9.5: Reimu becomes an undead zombie.
Touhou 10: Reimu oppresses other religions.
Touhou 10.5: Reimu endorses slave labor.

>> No.1232496

Touhou 01-11:Shit happens. Reimu can't take it easy like this! Reimu busts some heads.

>> No.1232497

>>1232457
Hm, thanks for that. The pointless bickering was fun, but, well, pointless.

Also, perhaps "evil" wasn't the right term to use earlier. The amount of damage she causes (to other characters, I mean, not in the way the "villains" cause trouble) is rather high, and she seems indiscriminate in distributing her wrath, but yeah, I suppose she's not actively malicious. Over-exaggeration on my part, I guess.

Still, her "attack it if it's bothering you" strategy is amusing. Kappa warns her that it's dangerous? Blow it out of the way. Cat tells her to leave her home alone? Beat her up, then steal some stuff. Judge of the dead warns her that she really, really needs to start doing good deeds? Bombard her with danmaku. Can't you try talking for once, Reimu? You don't have to blow up everyone who stops you for more than a minute.

>> No.1232512

Isn't Marisa worse?

>> No.1232514

Maybe some day there will be a truly evil boss eh?

>> No.1232536

>>1232512
Depends. It's basically selfishness, bitchiness and laziness versus greed (specific sort of selfishness, I suppose), boredom, and curiosity. Reimu's the (extremely) reluctant and rather irritable person who's called on to solve problems (sorry, the word's escaping me at the moment), while Marisa's a kleptomaniac busybody.

>> No.1232565

>>1232514
But then we couldn't have the after-battle tea party with them.

>> No.1232576

I do think Reimu is extremely lazy, selfish, and a bit rude, I don't think it's to the extent that many of you make it out to be.

>> No.1232606

I just realized something. When Sikieiki is lecturing Reimu, she mentions her "baring her fangs towards God". Does anyone know what this part is referring to? (This was before Mountain of Faith, and the characters there were gods, not the God; I know this seems obvious but I'm almost sure if I didn't put this here someone would bring MoF up.) Also, if there is both a "God" and many other gods...

Also, while the topic wasn't really that great (no offense to Yuka; it's just not really worth discussing that much, since cramming all the really powerful people into one panel wouldn't work), this thread's really been derailed.

>> No.1232615

As long as we all understand that Kanako is one of the best touhous ever, and that her power level is maximum. That's all that matters in this thread.

>> No.1232616

>>1232606
I think it's just a snazzy way of stating her irreverent nature. Take it as you will though.

>> No.1232627

>>1232616
Probably. Still, a shrine maiden going against her own god would be awesome, especially if she handled it in her usual, violent way.

>> No.1232645

>>1232627
I don't know. I'd like to think Reimu reluctantly does things out of necessity rather than actually being thrilled by violence.

>> No.1232647

It's sad that Kanako has had more screen-time in SSiB than Alice.

>> No.1232678

>>1232514

Remilia. Just because these bosses aren't trying to 'destroy the world/gensokyo' doesn't mean they aren't evil. Remilia isn't just selfish, she revels in her nature. She started shit, Reimu came along and showed her how things are done in Gensokyo. Remilia is STILL a monster, she just respects Reimu enough to know to keep it down to her own mansion.

Hell, to extend on this; Yuyuko and Kaguya aren't particularly nice bosses either.

>> No.1232686

>>1232497

>Kappa warns her that it's dangerous? Blow it out of the way. Cat tells her to leave her home alone? Beat her up, then steal some stuff. Judge of the dead warns her that she really, really needs to start doing good deeds? Bombard her with danmaku.

Most of these are taken out of context... except Chen of course, Chen was just protecting her home while the masters were away. Reimu doesn't think youkai should be allowed nice things and likes to make them hers.

Still, Nitori was warning Reimu of the dangers and tried to warn her away with danmaku like half the people on that game did. Sikeiki decided she needed to be 'judged' and by 'judged' she meant blasted with danmaku as punishment for some fussy complaints she had.

To be fair, Reimu tried to avoid many of the fights in SA, but later in with the more annoying opponents like Satori she just decided it'll be easier to blast her then to get her to stop reading her heart.

>> No.1232695

>>1232678
>Yuyuko and Kaguya aren't particularly nice bosses either.
Yeah, Yuyuko really has quite a difference between her canon personality and her fanon personalities.

In the wiki, it says,
>Yuyuko has an immense sense of responsibility regarding her power, and never uses it recklessly or out of spite, nor does she use it as a weapon. Ironically it was this power that drove her to kill herself in the first place.
Is this a load of bull, or was this actually specifically stated somewhere?

Because Yuyuko, in her dialogue, says,
>I've been inviting humans and youkai to their deaths just for fun. No problem.

Was it just supposed to be a bluff or something?

>> No.1232703

>>1232695
Yuyuko acts extremely dumb, but it is just an act. Beneath it all she's pretty scheming. Look at her dialog in IN, for example.

>> No.1232704

>>1232686
Yeah, I sometimes get the feeling the fans exaggerate that aspect of Reimu a bit.

>> No.1232714

>>1232703
I get that, but did she actually kill humans and youkai for fun, or was it just an attempt to push Reimu away?

>> No.1232733

>>1232678
>>1232695
>Because Yuyuko, in her dialogue
It's not the first time that someone in Touhou "lies". Remilia says she's a descent of a famous vampire (which was a lie), Yuka has been officially keep telling lies and as far as we know, Yuyuko is as "scheming" as Yukari.

>Hell, to extend on this; Yuyuko and Kaguya aren't particularly nice bosses either.
I won't argue about Kaguya since I'm a Mokoufag but Yuyuko was more like bored rather doing something evil. She didn't knew the true nature of the tree, nor how she died. Also the one actually behind PCB was Yukari and all she did was to help Yuyuko in the long run.

>Is this a load of bull, or was this actually specifically stated somewhere?
Akyu

>Yeah, Yuyuko really has quite a difference between her canon personality and her fanon personalities.
Well she's gluttonous, plays dumb but knows many things like Yukari and likes to mess around with Youmu. Fanon personality is usually around there.

>> No.1232793

>>1232733
>Well she's gluttonous, plays dumb but knows many things like Yukari and likes to mess around with Youmu. Fanon personality is usually around there.
Well, to be honest, that really wasn't evident at all until IN. In PCB, she did make a few retorts here and there, but otherwise, she felt largely serious.

>> No.1232845

>>1232793
>she felt largely serious
Well yeah, you could say that she was her "true" character then. Although still even in PCB in the endings you can see her "chilling around".
>that really wasn't evident at all until IN
IN came out about a year after PCB. You can find a lot of doujins around that time where Yuyuko is serious but people since IN use her "canon" personality.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action